End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 02:54:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

A United Nations of Religious Groups / One World Interfaith

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A United Nations of Religious Groups / One World Interfaith  (Read 26964 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: July 15, 2013, 05:41:06 pm »

FWIW, I did volunteer work at Habitat for Humanity in 2007 - this too is an Interfaith front group. Remember looking through all of their donors from faith groups et al, even Muslim, Bahai, Mormon, etc faiths contribute here. But nonetheless, somehow Christian churches around America have been deceived into thinking it's some Christian organization.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #151 on: July 16, 2013, 02:34:15 am »

Habitat for Humanity is not Christian! Not by a long shot.

The fact is that organization has gotten worse over the years with their "charity". The demands they place on those who receive a house is unacceptable in my mind. Nobody gets a free house anymore. They put all kinds of restrictions on the people that get a house to the point it's really nothing more than a low cost way to finance a home. One person my wife worked with was a single mother and went through all their hoops, including their "sweat equity" requirement, got the house, then she got married several months later, and Habitat told her she would have to pay for the house on far different terms than if she had stayed unmarried. They penalized her for getting married!

Truth is, Habitat is a massive money-making operation now. It's definitely not a charity organization anymore.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 25, 2013, 06:34:53 am »

Controversial New ‘Religion That Embraces All Religions’

If you’re a part of a specific denomination or religious sect, Living Interfaith Church of Lynnwood is probably unlike anything you’ve seen before. The house of worship, based in Lynnwood, Washington, is run by the Rev. Steven Greenebaum, 65, and, as per its name, the church offers an “interfaith” experience.

So, what, exactly, does that mean?

Rather than focusing solely upon Jesus, Muhammad or other central religious figures that are specific to certain faiths, the Living Interfaith Church focuses upon a more interconnected sentiment — one that brings together people of any and all theological views.

Not simply mixture of people who come together to worship and celebrate their own heritage and religious culture, the house of worship claims that its interfaith nature is an actual “faith” in its own regard.

Here’s how the church defines its theology (emphasis added):

Interfaith is a faith that embraces the teachings of all spiritual paths that lead us to seek a life of compassionate action.  Interfaith, as a faith, does not seek to discover which religion or spiritual path is “right.”  Rather, it recognizes that we are all brothers and sisters, and that at different times and different places we have encountered the sacred differently.

Interfaith celebrates our differing spiritual paths, recognizing it is our actions in this world that count; that we are called to engage the world, and to do so with compassion and with love.

In the past, “interfaith” has usually meant people of good will from differing spiritual paths getting together briefly for a project and then simply going home.  That was worthwhile and hugely important.  But today the world needs more.  Interfaith, as a spiritual practice, can serve as a model for how we deal with each other.

Confused? Allow us to try and unpack the church’s goals. Recently, The New York Times attended the house of worship and spoke with Greenebaum about his motivations. According to the newspaper, Living Interfaith Church is in its third year of existence.

The faith leader, who wears clergy garb that has symbols of nearly one dozen religions on it, spent decades looking to find a “religion that embraces all religions.” When he didn’t find one, Greenebaum decided to create it.

During the service that the Times visited, there was a Koran, a Hebrew Bible, two volumes of the Humanist Manifesto and the “Black Elk Speaks” (a Sioux book), among other elements. The liturgy included sayings and invocations from various religions as well. It included a poem from Rumi, a Sufi mystic, an early-Christian greeting, an African American spiritual and a rabbinical song.

The Times continues, noting just how diverse these services generally are:

In other weeks, the service has drawn from Bahai, Shinto, Sikh, Hindu and Wiccan traditions, and from various humanist sources.

If the Living Interfaith Church could appear hippie-dippy, as if scented with sage and patchouli, that impression proved deceptive. Mr. Greenebaum’s goals were serious, and they exemplified a movement in American religion toward dissolving denominational lines.

Anyone who believes that his or her faith is the only way to God, well, this church probably isn’t for you.

Considering the house of worship’s views, one cannot help but wonder about Greenebaum’s own theological background. It turns out, he has been a faith leader for quite some time.

From 2007 until 2010, he served as associate minister at Interfaith Community Church in Seattle and he was the director of music at Evergreen Unitaian Universalist Fellowship in Marysville, Washington, for a decade. He also wrote a book in 2012 entitled, “The Interfaith Alternative.”

The reverend’s primary goal, it seems, is to knock down the barriers that often divide. Many times, people hunker down in their religions, believe that they have it right and are, thus, divided from others with whom they disagree. After the 9/11 attacks, Greenebaum realized that, in his view, it is essential for people of different theological views to pray together.

“My faith is Interfaith. My spiritual path is Judaism. My tribe is Humanity,” proclaims the faith leader on his church’s website.

Watch a description of “interfaith,” below:

While he grew up as a Reform Jew in Los Angeles, Greenebaum’s current interfaith religious views certainly seem to separate him from that upbringing. But he doesn’t claim to have left the faith. Rather than believing that God spoke only to Moses, he holds that the Almighty also addressed others and that faith views outside of his own are not insignificant.

Worshipping separately, he says, is only natural.

“Now, I’m not here to try to convince anyone that there is no such thing as right or wrong,” the preacher said during a recent sermon. “But I am here to say that there is no ‘them.’ And there is no ‘us’ who are somehow superior to them.”

Currently, 30 people worship at Living Interfaith Church. For more information about the experimental church, visit its website. http://livinginterfaith.org/

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/07/15/controversial-new-religion-that-embraces-all-religions/

Noise of Thunder Radio Show
Wednesday, July 24, 2013 at 7:57PM
Today's Show: THE NEW RELIGION

The Blaze reports on the "Controversial New Religion that Embraces All Religions" in a recent article about the Living Interfaith Church of Lynnwood, Washington.  Its leader, the Rev. Steven Greenebaum professes faith in the Jewish religion, but claims that his new interfaith church represents a faith all its own.  In other words, it is not simply the acceptance of all faiths, but the blending of all beliefs into a single religion.  But exactly from where does the Rev. Greenebaum draw his inspiration?  Could it be his education at the Jesuit's Seattle University?
http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_NEW.RELIGION_07.24.13.mp3
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 03, 2013, 06:22:38 am »

Pope pens personal message to Muslims at Ramadan’s end

VATICAN CITY (RNS) In message published on Friday (Aug. 2), Pope Francis took the rare step of personally expressing his “esteem and friendship” to the world’s Muslims as they prepare to celebrate the end of the Ramadan fast.

While it is a long-established Vatican practice to send messages to the world’s religious leaders on their major holy days, those greetings are usually signed by the Vatican’s department for interfaith dialogue.

In his message, Francis explains that in the first year of his papacy he wanted to personally greet Muslims, “especially those who are religious leaders.”

Francis’ predecessor, Pope Benedict XVI, had fraught relations with Muslims. In a 2006 speech he quoted a Byzantine emperor who said Muhammad had only brought “evil and inhuman” things to the world, sparking a worldwide crisis in Christian-Muslim relations.

In subsequent years, he worked hard to mend ties with Muslims and visited three mosques. But he never fully succeeded in dispelling mistrust among Muslim religious leaders.

Since the beginning of his pontificate, Francis has stressed that he places a high value on dialogue with other religions.

In one of his first public speeches, on March 22, he announced he wanted to “intensify dialogue among the various religions,” adding: “And I am thinking particularly of dialogue with Islam.”

In his Friday Ramadan message, Francis highlighted the importance of educating Muslim and Christian youth to respect each other’s religion.

“We have to bring up our young people to think and speak respectfully of other religions and their followers, and to avoid ridiculing or denigrating their convictions and practices,” he wrote.

The pope also said that “particular respect” must be given “to religious leaders and to places of worship.” “How painful are attacks on one or other of these!” he added.

Francis’ move, while rare, is not unprecedented. Pope John Paul II in 1991 chose to pen the Ramadan message himself as a sign of solidarity with Muslims in the wake of the Gulf War.

http://www.religionnews.com/2013/08/02/pope-pens-personal-message-to-muslims-at-ramadans-end/
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 03, 2013, 08:48:25 am »

Since the beginning of his pontificate, Francis has stressed that he places a high value on dialogue with other religions.

In one of his first public speeches, on March 22, he announced he wanted to “intensify dialogue among the various religions,” adding: “And I am thinking particularly of dialogue with Islam.”

In his Friday Ramadan message, Francis highlighted the importance of educating Muslim and Christian youth to respect each other’s religion.

This is the kind of rhetoric I've been hearing since I've been in these church buildings since the 1980's. And for that matter too, a couple of GOP establishment forums I surf have warmed up to this Pope DESPITE the fact he's made it clear his stances on these issues.

Pt being that this current Pope has been given the hammer to put in that final nail in the coffin(a lot like how Obama has been given the hammer to do just that in the political world).

Of course, the NIV, released in 1978, has a lot to do with this line of thinking.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 20, 2013, 02:27:18 pm »

http://galatiansfour.blogspot.com/2013/08/share-international-still-advertising.html
Monday, August 19, 2013
Share International Still Advertising and Doing Interviews with UN Officials and Other Global Elites

Here is a recent ad in a liberal magazine [Utne Reader for July/August 2013]--I got a pile of magazines from a friend and saw this the other day. These first two pictures were taken by me. Share International is still out there advertising. For my readers unfamiliar with Maitreya or Share International, there is more on Maitreya here. 

More World Masters below...Remember when I wrote about them recently? Keep that article in mind as you read here.

Snip from Share International Website:

If a star ever did show up, it'd probably be from Project Blue Beam.

From Share International.

It's interesting when you look into how much Share International is hooked up with United Nations leaders and globalists. Some may ask you mean to tell me that some of the leaders are that closely associated with the people advertising for their would be Antichrist and "World Teacher"? While the average guy on the street may think these people are crazy, this would be like saying to the Moonies or something, sure you can interview me!  Many of the world elite have been interviewed by them.

Like this guy.... Frederico Mayor Zaragoza, former head of UNESCO, named co-president of the Alliance of Civilizations in 2005, allowing himself to be interviewed by Share International in 2007:

The article is still up online, and in it, he calls for more power for the United Nations and bringing "peace" and "people" power. In 1997 he was interviewed by Lucis Trust for their "World Goodwill" newsletter too. [wonder how many of them got interviewed by them too?]

Now here is a later interview with Frederico Mayor with Share International [March 2012] where he discusses the Arab uprisings and more about the United Nations.

Here is one quote:

"I think we have to be hopeful because the human species has been given the divine capacity to create. The United Nations will not continue if nations are not united. Therefore, we cannot allow that its own creators abandon it, like the US, which is complaining that Palestine has been readmitted as a state with full rights. In fact, these attitudes are outworn; this arrogance does not produce the same effect as in the past. We can perceive a positive change in human feelings, and thanks to the new technologies of communication and information we will open up important spaces of power and representation throughout the world. We are, indeed, at the threshold of a new dawn."

It looks like at least one UN official takes Share International seriously. I wonder how many others do?

Well fellow member of the Alliance for Civilizations, Karen Armstrong did.

Other names I found on the Share International website include: [Warning links to one world religion supporting Share International website]

Harlan Cleveland

[previous ambassador to NATO, diplomat]

Howard Zinn [well known leftist historian]

Rolf Carrier [UNICEF director]

Jan Pronk [high level UN official, European politician]

Methodist "Minister" now deceased Rev. Howard Ray Carey

Ambassador Richard Butler [Australia's ambassador to the United Nations]

Anita Roddick [founder of the Body Shop]

Dr Steven Greer [founder of CSETI (the Center for the Study of Extraterrestrial Intelligence],

I just chose some at random, there are many others and even to find these names I had to search indirectly using another term. Think about the implications with otherwise intelligent and educated people saying YES to a group that openly shares in their magazine and on their website, channeled INTERVIEWS with their "master" MAITREYA! This will really make you wonder. Could they all be ignorant of this group's aims when they said, Sure I'll do an interview with you!?

I skimmed all the articles linked above and it's the usual pro-United Nations, pro-one world religion, one world government satanic deceptions. If anyone wants to deny what our global elites are up to, this is a quick study to show them. It is actually a condensed way to read multiple plans in one place and here on this website you can see their dreams for the power of the United Nations and how they wish to change things for their "new world".

Obviously even this figure is antichrist if not "The Antichrist" -a demon deceiving them, claiming divinity and even during segments of their channeled interviews to be superior to "jesus". Satan and his demons lie. Who knows if this is more distraction? It's hard to fathom, but when you see big names teamed up with this stuff, it tells you something.

I've read elsewhere that Prince Charles and Kofi Annan were interviewed too but could not find the articles. Share International and Lucis Trust in my opinion are connected...in terms of them supporting each other and promoting the same teachings.

Share International recommends Alice Baily's books...from Lucis Trust

Share International had this to say about Lucis Trust [notice the Satanic lies about Lucifer--the usual "ye shall be as gods" lies etc.]

Q. Alice Bailey founded the Lucifer Trust, which she later changed to the Lucis Trust -- what did she mean by 'Lucifer'?

A. Lucifer is the name of a great Angel, not an upstart in heaven who revolted against God and was put down into the nether regions as the Devil. That is a complete misinterpretation. Lucifer means light, and comes from the Latin lux, lucis, meaning light. It is the name of the Angel Who ensouls the human kingdom; every person, therefore, is a fragment of Lucifer. According to the esoteric teaching, the human souls individualized 18-and-a-half million years ago. Lucifer, the Oversoul, diversified itself, and each fragment became individualized.

These individualized human souls descended from the soul plane into incarnation. The ‘fall’ of Adam and Eve from paradise is the symbolic representation of this event; it has nothing to do with the Devil or with Lucifer as an evil entity, but with the divine nature of humanity itself as souls.

Check this video out....

Matt 24:23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

25 Behold, I have told you before.

26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 05, 2013, 06:23:36 am »

Pope Asks Other Faiths to Join Day of Prayer for Peace in Syria

Pope Francis on Sunday invited people of all faiths to join him and the world's Catholics in a day of prayer and fasting on Sept. 7 to end the conflict in Syria.

Addressing tens of thousands of people in St. Peter's Square, he issued a long, impassioned appeal for peace in Syria and across the Middle East, saying God and history would be the judge of those who promoted violence or prevented peace.

Francis condemned the use of chemical weapons, blamed by Western powers on Syrian government forces, but added: "War, never again".

The United States and France are considering military action against Damascus in response to the chemical attack but Francis urged the international community to make every effort to bring about peace based on "dialogue and negotiations".

"Violence never leads to peace, war leads to war, violence leads to violence," he said.

The pope asked the 1.2 billion Roman Catholics around the world to pray for peace in Syria and observe a day of prayer and fasting on Saturday.

Francis announced his initiative a day after a meeting of top Vatican officials on Syria. He said he would lead a special prayer service in St. Peter's Square on Saturday between 7 p.m. and midnight.

The pope invited other Christians, members of other religions and all "people of goodwill" to join the Catholic initiative in any way they saw fit.

The peace initiative is reminiscent of several made by the late Pope John Paul, including one in which he dispatched envoys to Iraq, the United States and European capitals in 2003 to try to avert war in Iraq.

http://www.charismanews.com/world/40838-pope-asks-other-faiths-to-join-day-of-prayer-for-peace-in-syria
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 21, 2013, 07:50:49 am »

Christian Leaders Urge Churches to Back Syria Peace Plan

not posting the whole article, as it deals with Syria, just the parts that deal with this thread. read carefully

The World Council of Churches (WCC) urged its Protestant, Orthodox and Anglican member churches on Thursday to lobby their congregations and national governments to support a political solution to the war in Syria.

The Geneva-based WCC made the appeal after a meeting with international envoy for Syria Lakhdar Brahimi and former United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan, who both asked Christian leaders to help mobilize public opinion for peace.

The appeal by the WCC, representing about a quarter of the world's 2.2 billion Christians, follows similar calls by the Roman Catholic Church—which makes up over half of global Christianity—and many evangelical leaders.

"Churches must continue to raise their voice in their congregations and with their governments," said a WCC communique after the meeting near Geneva on Wednesday.

"We must strengthen the public outcry so that those in power will protect the common interest of humanity."

WCC General Secretary Rev. Olaf Fyske Tveit told Reuters there was "consensus in the whole Christian family" for a negotiated peace in Syria and Brahimi and Annan convinced church leaders it could happen "if there is enough political support."

He noted that even many United States evangelicals, who mostly backed earlier U.S. military interventions in Afghanistan and Iraq, had spoken out against military strikes in Syria after a poison gas attack outside Damascus killed hundreds of people.

"I've seen no Christian leader voice support for those strikes," Tveit said. "The time has passed when anyone believed that one side could win. The only way forward is to support the political solution."

rest: http://www.charismanews.com/world/41067-christian-leaders-urge-churches-to-back-syria-peace-plan
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 21, 2013, 12:25:56 pm »

He noted that even many United States evangelicals, who mostly backed earlier U.S. military interventions in Afghanistan and Iraq, had spoken out against military strikes in Syria after a poison gas attack outside Damascus killed hundreds of people.

"I've seen no Christian leader voice support for those strikes," Tveit said. "The time has passed when anyone believed that one side could win. The only way forward is to support the political solution."

Well, no wonder why - obviously, "rulers of the darkness of this world" and "spiritual wickedness in high places" have been pulling the strings behind these 501c3/WCC/Emergent churches all along. They appeared to do so prior to the Afghanistan/Iraq war(by getting them to support it), and now Syria(just the opposite). And speaking of the United Nations - 501c3 is being controlled by the IRS, which has connections to the IMF, which in turn has connections to the UN.

Seriously - if these pastors and other "evangelical" leaders" were really sincere, they would, at minimum, have opposed the Iraq war. I find it hard to believe they did a 180 in a span of a few years after supporting Iraq.

As for all this Syria "opposition" - quite frankly, I find it rather hard to believe b/c around the time this false flag there happened(3rd week of August), it was also the same time when the MSM made that Miley Cyrus fiasco and the "outrage" over Ben Affleck being casted as Batman the top stories(instead of the Syria hoax initially). No, I'm not saying we should invade Syria(yes, it was a false flag), but nonetheless contrary too all of these "polls" put out, you just didn't hear any outrage or anything.

And FYI from 7 years ago...

Rick Warren gives a gift to Basher al-Assad in Damascus, and praises ...

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 21, 2013, 12:34:19 pm »

Another thing - I'm NOT making a prediction(nor am trying to spread fear), but I can see this scenario...

While these 501c3/WCC/Emergent churches are pushing "peace" in Syria...let's say a false flag terror attack happens on either side of the USA coast. Ultimately, what the UN, WCC, et al is getting these churches(under their control) to do is the perfect set up...next thing they'll be doing is what they've been trained to do for a long time - carrying out their Clergy Response Team duties during a time of "crisis".

So pretty much they're being conditioned now with this whole Syria "Peace" Plan.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #160 on: September 22, 2013, 04:12:03 am »

The appeal by the WCC, representing about a quarter of the world's 2.2 billion alleged Christians, follows similar calls by the Roman Catholic Church—which makes up over half of global Christianity—and many evangelical leaders.

That's expected, seeing they are of the world.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 22, 2013, 10:11:49 am »

Walesa wants new secular 'Ten Commandments'

Polish Nobel peace laureate Lech Walesa on Monday called for a new "secular Ten Commandments" to underpin universal values, addressing a summit of Nobel Peace Prize winners in Warsaw.

"We need to agree on common values for all religions as soon as possible, a kind of secular Ten Commandments on which we will build the world of tomorrow," he said in an opening speech kicking off the three-day summit.

Walesa won the Nobel 30 years ago for leading Poland's Solidarity trade union, which negotiated a peaceful end to communism in Poland in 1989.

Besides universal values, the international community needs to focus on the economy of tomorrow, he said.

"That's definitely neither communism nor capitalism as we have it today," said the former shipyard electrician, who became Poland's first post-war democratic president.

The Dalai Lama, Iranian human rights advocate and 2003 Nobel winner Shirin Ebadi and Ireland's 1976 laureate Betty Williams are taking part in the summit. Former Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev, who launched the summits in 2000, said he could not attend.

Hollywood star Sharon Stone is to receive the gathering's Peace Summit Award for her anti-AIDS campaigning.

The first eight summits were held in Rome. Since 2008, they have taken place in Berlin, Paris, Hiroshima and Chicago.

http://www.france24.com/en/20131021-walesa-wants-new-secular-ten-commandments
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 22, 2013, 10:38:07 am »

"That's definitely neither communism nor capitalism as we have it today," said the former shipyard electrician, who became Poland's first post-war democratic president.

And that's been the Hegelian Dialectic model since the rise of communism a long time ago...

Thesis = Capitalism

Antithesis = Communism

Synthesis = New World Order

The Dalai Lama, Iranian human rights advocate and 2003 Nobel winner Shirin Ebadi and Ireland's 1976 laureate Betty Williams are taking part in the summit. Former Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev, who launched the summits in 2000, said he could not attend.

Yeah - the "Cold War" was nothing but another Hegelian Dialectic model, to ultimately usher in global government when all is and done. Gorbachev and Reagan worked very closely together(and Reagan gave him his own center in San Francisco).

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 26, 2013, 06:42:46 am »

What Is Religious Pluralism, and Why Is It Wrong?

Q. What is religious pluralism, and why is it wrong?

A. Pluralism teaches that there are many roads to God, and that no road can be said to be the exclusive one. In a modern culture that promotes acceptance and tolerance, pluralism is gaining in popularity. Pluralists give five basic arguments for their position:

1.Pluralism is a way to promote tolerance throughout the world.
 2.Since the adherents of every religion have a viable world view, each one provides subjective satisfaction to its members.
 3.Historically, all world religions have cultural/geographical roots. One is more likely to be a Christian in a Western culture; a Muslim in the Middle East; a Hindu on the Indian         subcontinent; etc. Thus, pluralists view religion as cultural more than spiritual.
 4.Those advocating exclusivism, like Christianity, fail to produce adherents that are universally ethically superior.
 5.All religions, according to pluralists, teach the same basic truths.

What's Wrong with Religious Pluralism?

The problem with pluralism is, in spite of its claim to be tolerant, it is actually intolerant, particularly of Christianity, which promotes an exclusive view of its path to God through faith in Jesus Christ. However, it seemingly turns a blind eye towards Muslims, who force conversions through use of the sword, and Hindus, who persecute those who leave its ranks. Staunch adherents of such bodies are exclusivists as well.

Further, pluralism ignores truth as nonessential. All religions, in fact, do not teach the same basic truths. How can we reconcile monotheism (Christianity), polytheism (Hinduism), and atheism? If everything is relative and there is no absolute truth, then even that statement is not absolutely true. Common sense demands the existence of truth, and, beyond that, the fact that everything differing with that truth constitutes falsehood.

Third, the claim of subjective satisfaction is debatable. Many world religions practice self-denial to a sometimes painful and cruel extreme, often in an attempt to please their false god or gods.

Finally, a belief system must be evaluated by itself rather than by the failures of some of its members.

Christianity acknowledges mankind's failure (Romans 3:23) and God's intervention on man's behalf (John 3:16), and utilizes that base as a claim to truth (John 14:6). Every other world religion is man's attempt to reach God, an attempt that always ends in failure (Isaiah 64:6). Only Christianity can successfully bridge the gap between God and man, as God reaches out to man through the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ.

Read more: http://www.bibleprophecyblog.com/2013/10/what-is-religious-pluralism-and-why-is.html#ixzz2ipMl6Pi1
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 26, 2013, 12:29:10 pm »

The problem with pluralism is, in spite of its claim to be tolerant, it is actually intolerant, particularly of Christianity, which promotes an exclusive view of its path to God through faith in Jesus Christ. However, it seemingly turns a blind eye towards Muslims, who force conversions through use of the sword, and Hindus, who persecute those who leave its ranks. Staunch adherents of such bodies are exclusivists as well.

No different from the pro-sodomy agenda - they want "tolerance", but they AREN'T tolerant to those who don't agree with them, especially Christianity.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #165 on: October 27, 2013, 04:17:59 am »

No different from the pro-sodomy agenda - they want "tolerance", but they AREN'T tolerant to those who don't agree with them, especially Christianity.

Yep, and THAT is the definition of hypocrisy.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 10, 2013, 06:22:21 am »

PROMISE KEEPERS CONTINUES TO BUILD THE ONE-WORLD “CHURCH”

(Friday Church News Notes, November 8, 2013, www.wayoflife.org fbns@wayoflife.org, 866-295-4143) - You don’t hear much about Promise Keepers today, but it continues to host conferences and to promote ecumenical unity toward the building of the one-world “church.” PK hosted six events in 2013. The one in Daytona Beach, Florida, last month drew 3,000 men and boys and featured “a rocking worship concert,” which has always been a hallmark of PK events. Promise Keepers was founded in 1990 by Bill McCartney, a college football coach, and it grew rapidly in the early 1990s, hosting massive events, such as the Clergy Conference for Men in 1996 that drew over 39,000 “clergy” to the Atlanta Georgia Dome. Ecumenism has been a major objective since its inception. At the Atlanta conference McCartney said, “It is exciting to see the denominational barriers come down as we have Protestants and Roman Catholics here together. The purpose of this meeting is to have the unity of the church.” Catholic priests have spoken at PK events, and PK has hosted events at Catholic universities. In 1997, a Roman Catholic named Mike Timmis was appointed a member of the PK board of directors. In an interview with attorney Michael Thomas, Timmis said that he was dedicated himself to bringing Catholics and evangelicals together, but he does not compromise his Catholic beliefs in order to do that. Timmis was one of the speakers at the Promise Keepers Stand in the Gap rally in Washington, D.C. in 1997. His message was entitled “Sectarianism as a Sin,” stressing that while “we cannot agree on dogma, but must agree in Christ” (“Promise Keepers Catholic Director,” Dec. 18, 1997, Way of Life Literature). Whatever good Promise Keepers has done to encourage men be morally pure and to be the spiritual leaders of their homes has been corrupted by its flagrant rebellion to God’s commands to obey and to contend for the faith once delivered to the saints and to mark and avoid those who teach error. PK employs all of the devil’s tools toward ecumenical unity, including Christian rock, charismaticism, the philosophy of “unity in diversity” and “non-essentials,” and Christian psychology. It was in the early 1990s that I observed the beginning of the collapse of biblical separatism among independent Baptists when some independent Baptists supported Promise Keepers and criticized me for warning about this compromise. See The Collapse of Separatism, a free eBook available from www.wayoflife.org.

http://wayoflife.org/index_files/friday_14_44.html
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 10, 2013, 04:32:13 pm »

In an interview with attorney Michael Thomas, Timmis said that he was dedicated himself to bringing Catholics and evangelicals together, but he does not compromise his Catholic beliefs in order to do that.

That's the thing with these minions - they want EVERYONE ELSE to compromise with their beliefs, EXCEPT for themselves!
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 16, 2013, 11:43:18 am »

Pope Meets With Head of International Islamic Organization

The pope met with the head of an international Islamic organization on Friday, a meeting that was characterized as the first-ever for the group.

Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu, the secretary general of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC), sat down with Pope Francis at the Vatican in an effort to create dialogue between the Muslim and Roman Catholic worlds. A news release from OIC outlined that the presence of Muslims has increased in “historically Christian countries.”

“In this context, the discussions expressed the need for greater efforts to foster respect for religious pluralism and cultural diversity, and to counter the spread of bigotry and prejudices,” the group explained. “It was stressed that interreligious dialogue is a necessary condition for peace in the world, and as such it is a duty for adherents of all faith traditions.”

OIC also advised that Ihsanoglu discussed with the Pope “his vision regarding the need for a ‘historic reconciliation’ between Islam and Christianity based on the common Abrahamic roots and in order to support multiculturalism and harmonious societies.”

According to Rome Reports, the two exchanged gifts following the talks, with Ihsanoglu donating a 14th century publication–presumably Islamic–to the Vatican library, and Pope Francis giving Ihsanoglu and his entourage his papal medallion. The pope then asked the men for their prayers and posed for photographs.

This is not the first time, however, that the pope has engaged in dialogue with members of the Islamic religion. As previously reported, in August of this year, Pope Francis had issued a written greeting to Muslims in recognition of the close of the Islamic holiday Ramadan.

“Turning to mutual respect in inter-religious relations, especially between Christians and Muslims, we are called to respect the religion of the other, its teachings, its symbols, its values,” he wrote. “Particular respect is due to religious leaders and to places of worship. How painful are attacks on one or other of these!”

Francis also held an ecumenical meeting in March, greeting Christian, Muslim and Jewish leaders, as well as those who ascribe to no faith at all. During the occasion, he praised the Muslim leaders that had come for the meeting, remarking that they were men who “adore the one, living, and merciful God and who call upon Him in prayer.”

“For my part, I wish to assure you, following in the path of my predecessors, of my firm will to continue on the path of ecumenical dialogue,” he said, referencing the Second Vatican Council. “I also ask of you the kindness of a special prayer for myself, so that I might be a pastor in harmony with Christ’s heart.”

However, Mike Gendron of Proclaiming the Gospel Ministries of Plano, Texas, told Christian News Network that it is concerning to observe the Vatican’s ecumenical talks with the followers of Islam.

“The pope’s meeting with Muslim leaders is an indication of his continuing efforts to rebuild the religious tower of Babel,” he said. “It is outrageous that he welcomed an organization that promotes Muslim solidarity and which releases an annual report showing the discrimination some societies have against Muslims.”

“He must not be aware that the Quran contains over 100 verses that call Muslims to war against nonbelievers for the sake of Islamic rule,” he continued. “Muslims who do not join the fight are called ‘hypocrites’ and warned that Allah will send them to Hell if they do not join the slaughter.”

Gendron, a former Roman Catholic, stated that he also found it disturbing that Pope Francis asked OIC for their prayers.

“The pope’s request for prayers from the Muslims is consistent his belief that they worship the same God,” he stated. “The Catechism of the Catholic Church, paragraph 841, reads, ‘The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims … together with us they adore the one, merciful God.’ This is a blatant rejection of the teachings of Christ, who declared He is the only way to the Father. Those who do not believe Jesus is God will die in their sins.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlzkqHGXMek&feature=player_embedded

http://christiannews.net/2013/12/16/pope-meets-with-head-of-international-islamic-organization/
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 16, 2013, 12:50:54 pm »

It was once upon a time ago when Churchianity did have some discernment to see Islam as evil, and exposed it as so...until they let these Emergent Church wolves like Rick Warren and Bill Hybels into their walls(and even the religious right likes of Falwell and Paige Patterson endorsed them).

But - it's obvious that bible prophecy is unfolding at a faster rate now, and it didn't do so overnight.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 14, 2014, 05:31:50 am »

Hickory, D1ckory, Dockery: Ecumenism in the SBC

December 9, 2013, David Dockery, President of Union University in Jackson, Tennessee announced his intention to step down from the presidency and assume the role of chancellor (in an honorary role) no later than July 2014.  In his farewell address, Dockery said that he intends to participate more in the Manhattan Declaration project which purports to be a movement of Orthodox, Catholic, and Evangelical Christians for life, marriage, and religious liberty.  Upon the issuance of the Manhattan Declaration, many religious leaders, including many high-profile Southern Baptists, were asked to sign the document.  Besides Dockery, other notable Southern Baptist signatories include the ultra-ecumenical Timothy George, Dean of the Beeson School of Divinity and, of course, the Pope-praising Russell Moore, President of the Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention.  While it is no surprise that Dockery, George, and Moore signed the document, Southern Baptists may be surprised to learn that two SBC seminary presidents, Albert Mohler of Southern Seminary and Danny Akin of Southeastern Seminary also affixed their signatures to the Manhattan Declaration.  While the contributions of Dockery, Mohler, and Akin are appreciated, Southern Baptist are asking why their leaders continue to be unequally yoked together with unbelievers by signing documents such as the infamous Evangelicals and Catholics Together, and The Manhattan Declaration, and participate with organizations such as the Evangelical Immigration Table, funded by socialist financier George Soros.

Notable evangelicals such as John MacArthur, R.C. Sproul, Michael Horton, and Alistair Begg refused to affix their signatures to the declaration.  While these men affirm the document’s opposition to same-sex marriage, abortion, separation of church and state, and other moral issues, they could not sign it because it identifies Roman Catholics, Eastern Orthodox, and Evangelicals as Christians.  MacArthur, in explaining why he did not sign the statement wrote:

Instead of acknowledging the true depth of our differences, the implicit assumption (from the start of the document until its final paragraph) is that Roman Catholics, Eastern Orthodox, Protestant Evangelicals and others all share a common faith in and a common commitment to the gospel’s essential claims. The document repeatedly employs expressions like “we [and] our fellow believers”; “As Christians, we . . .”; and “we claim the heritage of . . . Christians.” That seriously muddles the lines of demarcation between authentic biblical Christianity and various apostate traditions.  The Declaration therefore constitutes a formal avowal of brotherhood between Evangelical signatories and purveyors of different gospels. That is the stated intention of some of the key signatories, and it’s hard to see how secular readers could possibly view it in any other light. Thus for the sake of issuing a manifesto decrying certain moral and political issues, the Declaration obscures both the importance of the gospel and the very substance of the gospel message.

Indeed, the Eastern Orthodox Church and the RCC are purveyors of a different gospel.  The Apostle Paul, writing to the church at Galatia declared that false teachers who preach another gospel are to be accursed (Galatians 1:1-9).  Writing to the church at Ephesus, Paul commanded them to “have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them” (Ephesians 5:11).

R.C. Sproul wrote, “ I have dear friends in the ministry who have signed this document, and my soul plummeted when I saw their names.”  Surely, the souls of many Southern Baptists plummeted when they saw that Dr. Dockery, who has provided exemplary leadership to Union University, pledged to devote more of his time to the Manhattan Declaration project.  They were further disheartened when they saw the names of Akin, Coppenger, Draper, George, Graham, Moore, Mohler, Perkins and Platt associated with a document recognizing false teachers as orthodox Christians.

Southern Baptists are calling upon their leadership to “have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness” and to disavow any involvement now, or in the future, with any ecumenical associations such as the Manhattan Declaration, the Evangelical Immigration Table, and Evangelicals and Catholics Together which compromises the gospel, dilutes the witness of the Christian church and confuses a proper understanding of the true gospel among unbelievers.

http://www.worldviewweekend.com/news/article/hickory-****ory-dockery-ecumenism-sbc
http://tinyurl.com/o5zsa3s
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 05:35:09 am by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 14, 2014, 05:32:49 am »

Tuesday, January 7, 2014 at 10:49PM
Today's Show: THE MANHATTAN DECLARATION TODAY
http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_MANHATTAN.DECLARATION_01.07.14.mp3

Chris discusses a recent article concerning David Dockery, the President of Union University in Jackson, Tennessee who announced his intention to step down later this year.  In his parting comments, Dockery expressed his intention to be more involved in the Manhattan Declaration -- the ecumenical agreement between the Orthodox, Roman Catholic and Protestant Evangelical churches, drafted for the alleged purpose of taking a stand against abortion and gay marriage, while promoting religious liberty.  While the declaration claims it is not a "theological" document, it clearly defines each of the individual groups as "Christian," and declares that they are unified in "the Gospel."  But what gospel do they mean?  And since the document's appearance in 2009, what has been the fruit of it?  Today, gay marriage seems to have invaded nearly all our institutions, including many allegedly "Christian" schools and universities.  Wasn't that supposed to be prevented by this ecumenical union?  And who were the faithful ministers that opposed this document, and what reasons did they give? 
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 14, 2014, 05:38:18 am »

THE MANHATTAN DECLARATION
http://manhattandeclaration.org/#1

SANCTITY OF LIFE

>   A culture of death inevitably cheapens life in all its stages and conditions by promoting the belief that lives that are imperfect, immature or inconvenient are discardable.

“Please don’t kill the child. I want the child. Please give me the child. I am willing to accept any child who would be aborted and to give that child to a married couple who will love the child and be loved by the child.” - MOTHER TERESA, NATIONAL PRAYER BREAKFAST, 1994

DIGNITY OF MARRIAGE

>   The Union of one man and one woman.

>   Marriage is the first institution of human society - indeed it is the institution on which all other human institutions have their foundation.

“When the family collapses, it is the children that are usually damaged. When it happens on a massive scale, the community itself is crippled.” - LYNDON B. JOHNSON

FREEDOM OF RELIGION

>   No one should be compelled to embrace any religion against his will, nor should persons of faith be forbidden to worship God according to the dictates of conscience or to express freely and publicly their deeply held religious convictions.

“ Religious freedom, an essential requirement of the dignity of every person, is a cornerstone of the structure of human rights, and for this reason, an irreplaceable factor in the good of individuals and of the whole of society as well as of the personal fulfillment of each individual.” -POPE JOHN PAUL II

Those are their signature quotes, an Antichrist, a Devil possessed Liberal and a new age witch  Roll Eyes Join Hands with us...

Because the sanctity of human life, the dignity of marriage as a union of husband and wife, and the freedom of religion are foundational principles of justice and the common good, we affirm:
1. The profound, inherent, and equal dignity of every human life
2. Marriage as a union of one man and one woman
3. Religious liberty and the inherent freedom of human beings

As Orthodox, Catholic, and Evangelical Christians, we take seriously the Biblical admonition to respect and obey those in authority. Because we honor justice and the common good, we will fully and ungrudgingly render to Caesar what is Caesar’s. But under no circumstances will we render to Caesar what is God’s.

Read the full Declaration
http://manhattandeclaration.org/man_dec_resources/Manhattan_Declaration_full_text.pdf

List of Religious Leader Signatories
http://manhattandeclaration.org/man_dec_resources/list_of_religious_leaders.pdf
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 05:43:10 am by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 14, 2014, 05:54:02 am »

List of Religious Leader Signatories
http://manhattandeclaration.org/man_dec_resources/list_of_religious_leaders.pdf

some names that stand out, wolves really...

Dr. Daniel Akin President, Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary (Wake Forest, NC)

Dr. Mark L. Bailey President, Dallas Theological Seminary (Dallas, TX)

Gary Bauer President, American Values; Chairman, Campaign for Working Families (Washington D.C.)

Chuck Colson Founder, the Chuck Colson Center for Christian Worldview (Lansdowne, VA)

Jim Daly President and CEO, Focus on the Family (Colorado Springs, CO)

Dr. James Dobson Founder, Family Talk (Colorado Springs, CO)

Dr. David Dockery President, Union University (Jackson, TN)

Jerry Jenkins Author (Black Forest, CO)

Josh McDowell Founder, Josh McDowell Ministry (Plano, TX)

Dr. R. Albert Mohler, Jr. President, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary (Louisville, KY)

Dr. Russell D. Moore Senior VP for Academic Administration & Dean of the School of Theology, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary (Louisville, KY)

Chuck Swindoll Founder and Chairman of the Board, Insight for Living, Senior Pastor—Stonebriar Community Church (Frisco, TX), Chancellor—Dallas Theological Seminary

Don Wildmon American Family Association

Dr. Michael Youssef President, Leading the Way (Atlanta, GA)

Ravi Zacharias Founder and Chairman of the Board, Ravi Zacharias International Ministries (Norcross, GA)

Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 14, 2014, 10:01:23 pm »

Tuesday, January 7, 2014 at 10:49PM
Today's Show: THE MANHATTAN DECLARATION TODAY
http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_MANHATTAN.DECLARATION_01.07.14.mp3

Chris discusses a recent article concerning David Dockery, the President of Union University in Jackson, Tennessee who announced his intention to step down later this year.  In his parting comments, Dockery expressed his intention to be more involved in the Manhattan Declaration -- the ecumenical agreement between the Orthodox, Roman Catholic and Protestant Evangelical churches, drafted for the alleged purpose of taking a stand against abortion and gay marriage, while promoting religious liberty.  While the declaration claims it is not a "theological" document, it clearly defines each of the individual groups as "Christian," and declares that they are unified in "the Gospel."  But what gospel do they mean?  And since the document's appearance in 2009, what has been the fruit of it?  Today, gay marriage seems to have invaded nearly all our institutions, including many allegedly "Christian" schools and universities.  Wasn't that supposed to be prevented by this ecumenical union?  And who were the faithful ministers that opposed this document, and what reasons did they give? 

Exactly!(Listened to this earlier today) Look how WORSE things have become despite their "efforts". Obviously, these guys are Jesuit/Freemasonic NWO agents(at least IMHO), but nonetheless all of this has been by design. And if anything too, this same controlled-opposition, ecumenical group wants you to focus on a mere couple of hot-button agendas, so you can ignore the ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM. Yes, abortion is of grave concern, but there are many other hot-pressing issues they should expose, but won't.(ie-they never say a word over how aborted fetal tissues are in these vaccines that are being injected into young children and pregnant women. They also never say a word about how aborted fetal tissues are in these PepsiCo products. The laundry list goes on)

Here's an example - even OKLAHOMA has struck down their gay marriage ban recently!

http://news.msn.com/us/judge-strikes-down-okla-same-sex-marriage-ban
Judge strikes down Okla. same-sex marriage ban
1/14/14

A federal judge struck down Oklahoma's gay marriage ban, but the ruling was stayed pending an appeal, meaning there will be no gay marriages for now.

TULSA, Okla.  — A federal judge struck down Oklahoma's gay marriage ban Tuesday, but headed off any rush to the altar by setting aside his order while state and local officials complete an appeal.

It was the second time in a month that a federal judge has set aside a deeply conservative state's limits on same-sex marriage, after Utah's ban was reversed in December.

U.S. District Judge Terence Kern described Oklahoma's ban on same-sex marriage as "an arbitrary, irrational exclusion of just one class of Oklahoma citizens from a governmental benefit."

The ruling drew criticism from the governor, attorney general and other elected officials in this state known as the buckle of the Bible BeltChurchianity. A state lawmaker who once said gay people posed a greater threat to the nation than terrorism blasted rulings from "activist judges."

Kern said the ban is a clear violation of the U.S. Constitution's equal protection clause because it precludes same-sex couples from receiving an Oklahoma marriage license. In his 68-page ruling, Kern frequently referenced U.S. Supreme Court decisions issued last summer on gay marriage. He also took a shot at Oklahoma's high divorce rate, noting that "excluding same-sex couples from marriage has done little to keep Oklahoma families together thus far."

**This is what Churchianity has badly overlooked - no-fault divorce.

"Exclusion of just one class of citizens from receiving a marriage license based upon the perceived 'threat' they pose to the marital institution is, at bottom, an arbitrary exclusion based upon the majority's disapproval of the defined class," Kern wrote. "It is also insulting to same-sex couples, who are human beings capable of forming loving, committed, enduring relationships."

Republican Gov. Mary Fallin issued a written statement accusing Kern of undermining the will of Oklahoma voters who passed the gay marriage ban by a 3-1 margin in 2004.

"The people of Oklahoma have spoken on this issue. I support the right of Oklahoma's voters to govern themselves on this and other policy matters. I am disappointed in the judge's ruling and troubled that the will of the people has once again been ignored by the federal government," the statement said.

Attorney General Scott Pruitt said the Supreme Court had left it to the states to define marriage and that Kern's ruling was "troubling." He said it would likely take another Supreme Court decision to resolve the matter.

Not including Utah and Oklahoma, 27 states still have constitutional prohibitions on same-sex marriage. Four more — Indiana, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Wyoming — do not permit it through state laws.

For 17 days, Utah was the 18th state to allow gay couples to wed, after a federal judge there overturned the state's same-sex marriage ban. Hundreds of couples got married before the Supreme Court put a halt to the weddings earlier this month by granting the state a stay on a federal judge's ruling that two other courts previously denied.

The fate of gay marriage in Utah now rests in the hands of the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals in Denver — the same circuit as Oklahoma.

In both causes, federal judges said the states' gay marriage laws violated the equal protection clause of the 14th Amendment.

"Equal protection is at the very heart of our legal system and central to our consent to be governed," Kern wrote. "It is not a scarce commodity to be meted out begrudgingly or in short portions. Therefore, the majority view in Oklahoma must give way to individual constitutional rights."

Tulsa couple Mary Bishop and Sharon Baldwin, who work at the Tulsa World newspaper, filed the Oklahoma lawsuit along with another same-sex couple in November 2004, shortly after voters approved the constitutional amendment. Their case was the longest-running challenge to the Defense of Marriage Act, according to the national gay marriage advocacy group Freedom to Marry.

"There's so much emotion, I'm kind of crying right now," Bishop said Tuesday. "It's overwhelming to think that we finally won.

"Sharon and I want to get married here in Oklahoma. We've been together for more than 17 years — it's time. This is something that when I was young, I thought I'd never see in my lifetime."

Tulsa County Court Clerk Sally Howe Smith said there was no way under Oklahoma law for her to give the couple a marriage license. "That's how I became a defendant in the case," she said.

In 2006, the Tulsa couples' case made its way to the 10th Circuit after the district court denied the governor of Oklahoma and the state attorney general's motion to dismiss the case. The appeals court ruled in 2009 that the couple lacked standing, so the two couples filed an amended complaint removing the governor and attorney general and adding Smith.

"The Bishop couple has been in a loving, committed relationships for many years," Kern wrote. "They own property together, wish to retire together, wish to make medical decisions for one another, and wish to be recognized as a married couple with all its attendant rights and responsibilities."

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 15, 2014, 08:12:14 pm »

Here's another example of these Manhattan Declaration/ecumenical folks keeping their flock(and everyone else too) from seeing the elephant in the room. Was reading an article, and decided to look this group up(GOProud) that this article was talking about.

Yeah, gotta keep voting Republican, right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GOProud

GOProud is an American tax exempt 527 organization representing conservative gay men, lesbians, and their allies. GOProud advocates for free markets, limited government, and a respect for individual rights and works at the federal and state levels to build strong coalitions of conservative and libertarian activists, organizations and policy makers to advance their shared values and beliefs.[2]

GOProud was founded by Christopher R. Barron and Jimmy LaSalvia, two former Log Cabin Republican staffers who expressed dissatisfaction at that organization's generally centrist political positions. GOProud has subsequently co-sponsored the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) and have added political commentator/author Ann Coulter, political commentator/strategist Margaret Hoover, Americans for Tax Reform President Grover Norquist,[3] new media specialist Liz Mair,[4] political analyst Lisa De Pasquale, and political communications consultant Chuck Muth.[5]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GOProud has affiliates in several US states, including Texas, Florida, and Nevada. The Metroplex Republicans Dallas[8] and Right Pride (Nevada affiliate)[9] are affiliated with GOProud.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jimmy LaSalvia and Christopher R. Barron co-founded GOProud on April 15, 2009. LaSalvia was the Director of Programs and Policy for the Log Cabin Republicans, a gay organization identifying with Republican ideals. Barron was the Political Director at Log Cabin Republicans before both men decided to leave with hopes of a creating a better organization that dealt with more conservative values. They wanted to focus on the issues of the conservative agenda not social issues, which Log Cabin Republicans dealt with. Barron and LaSalvia believe that same-sex marriage is a state issue and therefore wanted an organization that focused on the real conservative agenda.[10] Margaret Hoover, a member of the advisory council, added her opinion into the mix, "GOProud has helped force gays out of the conservative establishment-- what I would call the 'conser-va-gentsia'--to take on these self-anointed leaders of social conservatism." [11]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sarah Palin, former Alaska governor and Vice Presidential Candidate, and Sharron Angle, 2010 Republican nominee for the U.S. Senate seat in Nevada, joined the fight in support of GOProud. Palin commended CPAC by saying she is "always in favor of freedom" and that GOProud is included in the "different, diverse groups … involved in political discourse.” Angle told the Huffington Post, “We need to be very careful when we get to talk about our opinions and be inclusive.” [16]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Homocon was a meeting for GOProud members on September 25, 2010 in New York City. Peter Thiel, co-founder of PayPal and GOProud donor, hosted the event at his home in the city. Ann Coulter was the headline speaker at this meeting. Coulter declared herself as the "right-wing Judy Garland". Christopher R. Barron, the co-founder had said, "Among gay conservatives, she is an icon. We could not think of anyone who we would want to party with more."[17]

**Peter Thiel is not only a Bilderberg member, but he's also close with Ron Paul and these "truth" movement types.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 15, 2014, 08:13:27 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #177 on: January 16, 2014, 02:15:50 am »

So are the Bilderbergers and their globalist cohorts the gorilla in the room?
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 16, 2014, 10:05:52 am »

Eph 6:10  Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Eph 6:11  Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
Eph 6:12  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Eph 6:13  Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Eph 6:14  Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
Eph 6:15  And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Eph 6:16  Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
Eph 6:17  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Eph 6:18  Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
Eph 6:19  And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,
Eph 6:20  For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 22, 2014, 01:56:02 am »

"Christian apologist and writer Ravi Zacharias addressed 3,500 evangelicals and Mormons at the LDS Tabernacle in Salt Lake City, Utah, asking that people from the two faiths stand together to oppose "relativism" and "lost morality."

The two-day "Freedom and Friendship" event held last Friday and Saturday marked the second time that Zacharias had spoken at the Tabernacle. The apologist's first meeting occurred 10 years ago, when he became the first non-Mormon speaker in the Tabernacle in 105 years.

Zacharias' focused on how Christians and Mormons should make sense of a culture that increasingly relies on a "pragmatic philosophy with no accountability," during his talk on Saturday.

Opening with the story of King Manasseh, found in both 2 Kings and 2 Chronicles, Zacharias pointed to the story as an example of the "dangers of relativism and lost morality," reported KSL.

"When you only do whatever works, really nothing works...We must build our lives upon things that are eternal," the apologist said.

"We talk so much about one's rights, that we talk so little about what is actually right. It's an alarming trend. … There is only one angle at which you can stand straight and many, many different angles at which you can fall," Zacharias added.

Zacharias also put the onus on evangelicals and Mormons to first change themselves—through reading the Bible and asking God to "make you right with Him" before seeking to change culture."

"Once we do that, the world will see the beauty that is Christ and want to follow him," he said, reported The Salt Lake City Tribune.

Zacharias' talk was presented by Standing Together, a coalition of evangelical Churches who seek to "be a catalyst for uniting the Utah Christian community through relational efforts of prayer, worship, and strategic evangelism."

Among its outreach efforts are organizing "LDS/evangelical scholarly dialogues" and providing "resources for interfaith dialogue." The coalition also helped organize Zacharias' 2004 event.

Standing Together President Rev. Gregory Johnson told audience members on Saturday that the conference was an opportunity for Mormons and Christians to gather and acknowledge their common interests.

"Tonight is another night for us to meet … not as warring factions, but as friends," said Johnson."We have significant theological differences. We don't undermine that, but tonight is an opportunity to hear from a great Christian leader to hear about a topic we all care about — freedom of religion."

Church elder and former president of Brigham Young University Jeffrey Holland introduced Zacharias and credited Mormons' and Christians' "shared love for the Lord Jesus Christ" for bringing them together "in true brotherhood and sisterhood tonight and always."

"While thus standing together, we also stand for our love of and need for the religious freedom that guarantees our right to teach and live by the truths of the Gospel of Jesus Christ," Holland said."

http://www.christianpost.com/news/ravi-zacharias-popular-christian-apologist-speaks-to-3500-at-mormon-temple-asks-faiths-to-oppose-lost-morality-together-112985/
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: