End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 06:57:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

A United Nations of Religious Groups / One World Interfaith

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A United Nations of Religious Groups / One World Interfaith  (Read 26976 times)
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2011, 02:50:24 am »

Muslims, Christians and Jews will  share pulpits across the United States. Mosques and  Synagogues have also signed up – to be hosted by Interfaith Alliance and Human Rights First On June 26.

For just a day, clergy of all three faiths will read the Old and New Testaments as well as the Koran, together.
Father Pat Earl, pastor of  St. Peter’s Parish in Charlotte, North Carolina said it was a “good thing for the church” and told Catholic News Service that it was good to “publicly recognize the existence of Islam.”
President of Interfaith Alliance, Rev. C. Welton Gaddy, asked churches to get involved to make a statement about pluralism and religious freedom.
Gaddy said:
“We’re calling upon congregations to say by means of their actions, ‘We come from different traditions, hold different beliefs and engage in different rituals in our churches, mosques and synagogues, have different beliefs yet emphasize religious freedom and search for answers to life’s questions through our respective faiths.’”
He believes the interfaith event will change American’s opinion of Islam.
“It will send a message that Americans respect Muslims and Islam, as they respect religious differences and freedom of religion in general,” he said.

My Comment:
Governments are coming together and now religions are coming together. It seems we are right on schedule to bring in the antichrist “peace-maker.”  With the nations  and the UN rising against Israel, the false peace is soon to come.
Churches celebrating the unification of religions for peace are deceived. The are being seduced by the antichrist. Jesus said he did not come to bring peace. But the churches gather nonetheless and instead of proclaiming the Gospel for the salvation of souls, they join hands and sing kumbaya.  This is exactly what the devil wants. It’s so sneaky and shrewd. And the evil of it appears wonderfully tolerant on the onset. This agenda of joining religions will continue to spread like a brush fire. Soon those who oppose it will be considered “destroyers of peace.” Get ready, followers of Jesus. There is  a rocky road ahead.

Matthew 10:
34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

http://ivarfjeld.wordpress.com/2011/06/04/one-world-religion-takes-hold-in-america/
Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2011, 09:08:14 am »

Is there a web site to check which churches across the country are participating in this?
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2011, 09:32:13 am »

FYI-here's the list(50 of them thus far)-

http://www.faithshared.org/participating.html
Report Spam   Logged
Believer

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2011, 01:55:55 pm »

My Comment:
This agenda of joining religions will continue to spread like a brush fire. Soon those who oppose it will be considered “destroyers of peace.” Get ready, followers of Jesus. There is  a rocky road ahead.

Matthew 10:
34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Yes, it is coming; we need to prepare immediately, as for battle!

Ephesians 6:10-17
King James Version (KJV)
 10Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

11Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

17And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Report Spam   Logged
jackie

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2011, 04:12:50 pm »

Take a look at this website...world faith harmony week supported by UN, China, EU, the Pope, you can see the level of support on the slide show....the worlds religions are consolidating into one along with everything else....the one thing such organizations DETEST is DOCTRINE....the one thing I harp on ad nauseum, and this is why!  Sound doctrine and Theology (when tenaciously embraced) would recognize this pack of wolves and reject it immediately.  Too bad so many pastors and leaders have instead embraced the social gospel....prosperity and easy believism....."Come to Christ, He has a wonderful plan for your life". this produces so
many false conversions.  No come to Christ because the wrath of a holy God rests on your shoulders and you will spend an eternity in hell....Jesus said of you want to follow Me, prepare to suffer various trials and persecutions, and pick up your cross....surely the way is narrow and
few find it!  Okay, I'm off my soap box now :-).
http://worldinterfaithharmonyweek.com/

The World Interfaith Harmony Week was first proposed at the UN General Assembly on September 23, 2010 by H.M. King Abdullah II of Jordan. Just under a month later, on October 20, 2010, it was unanimously adopted by the UN and henceforth the first week of February will be observed as a World Interfaith Harmony Week.

The World Interfaith Harmony Week is based on the pioneering work of The Common Word initiative. This initiative, which started in 2007, called for Muslim and Christian leaders to engage in a dialogue based on two common fundamental religious Commandments; Love of God, and Love of the Neighbour, without nevertheless compromising any of their own religious tenets. The Two commandments are at the heart of the three Monotheistic religions and therefore provide the most solid theological ground possible.

The World Interfaith Harmony Week extends the Two Commandments by adding ‘Love of the Good, and Love of the Neighbour’. This formula includes all people of goodwill. It includes those of other faiths, and those with no faith.

The World Interfaith Harmony Week provides a platform—one week in a year—when all interfaith groups and other groups of goodwill can show the world what a powerful movement they are. The thousands of events organized by these groups often go unnoticed not only by the general public, but also by other groups themselves. This week will allow for these groups to become aware of each other and strengthen the movement by building ties and avoiding duplicating each others’ efforts.

With over 300 Letters of Support, and 200 registered events in over 40 countries, all organized in little over 3 months, the first World Interfaith Harmony Week was a success.

It is hoped that this initiative will provide a focal point from which all people of goodwill can recognize that the common values they hold far outweigh the differences they have, and thus provide a strong dosage of peace and harmony to their communities.

Report Spam   Logged

Matt 24:42 "Watch therefor: for you know not what hour your Lord doth come."
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2011, 05:35:20 pm »

Harmony Beads

Prayer beads have long been valued in sacred traditions which have prescribed a specific number of recitations of prayers. The prayer beads have been used as a counting aid for these sacred numbers of spiritual invocations. However, the function of the prayer bead is not just that of a count; it is also to become identified with the spiritual value of the prayers themselves, so that the prayer bead can be viewed as a means of arriving at the goal of prayers.

Prayer beads can be found in various religious traditions: Muslims know them as misbaha, Hindus and Buddhists as japa mala, and Roman Catholics as rosaries. The essential purpose of praying and meditating with beads is to enable inner integration of mind and heart. As the beads move through one's fingers, keeping track of the number of prayers or mantras being said, full spiritual consciousness is devoted to those meditations Prayer beads thus have physical, psychological and metaphysical effects on the people who use them. They can even be used in a secular context as 'worry beads' to relieve stress due to their calming effect.

Our Harmony Beads are hand-made from the Holy Land's finest olivewood. They are also sustainably harvested and locally sourced.

Please support the World Interfaith Harmony Week by buying our Harmony Beads.

HOW TO COUNT WITH THE BEADS (25, 100, 108, 1 million)

Each faith tradition uses a specific number of beads for their prayers ropes. Islamic misbahas have either 99 or 33 beads. Roman Catholic rosaries have 54 beads and an additional 5 beads. The Buddhist and Hindu Japa Mala usually has 108 beads (or 27 beads which are then counted four times).

http://worldinterfaithharmonyweek.com/harmony-beads/

Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Kilika
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2011, 06:13:24 pm »

"But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen [do]: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking." Matthew 6:7 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2011, 05:19:22 am »

This has to be one of the weirdest Interfaith articles i have ever read. I mean this lady is put in charge of a Holocaust museum, and is going to use it for Anti-Islamaphobia and interfaith? WOW!!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Muslim Woman To Lead College Holocaust Center

Critics question credibility of Manhattan College’s pick, and a change in center’s focus as supporters come to her defense.

Manhattan College is revamping its Holocaust Center to include the further study of other genocides, as well as interfaith activities that would include Islam alongside Judaism and Christianity — the two religions that until now have been mostly alone at the core of Holocaust interfaith issues.

Perhaps nothing accentuates the change more than the appointment of Mehnaz Afridi, 40, to be director of what will be renamed the Holocaust, Genocide and Interfaith Education Center.

Afridi, a Pakistan-born Muslim woman, has been teaching at Antioch University, and her writings have primarily focused on Muslim identity and the intersection of Islam and the Holocaust.

Afridi is awaiting publication of her first book, “The Shoah Through Muslim Eyes.” The book, Afridi told The Jewish Week, grew out of “my frustration with the anti-Semitism within the Muslim community, its lack of education, [its] denial of the Holocaust, or those that say it wasn’t six million but two million. Negating someone’s history or someone’s truth is actually quite a huge sin.”

She added that “the uniqueness of the Holocaust is very clear in my book.”

Among her goals at Manhattan College, Afridi said, will be “to bring more diversity and interfaith events, especially with Muslim academics and Muslims [in the] nearby community. I think this will be important to Manhattan College and it’s Lasallian [Catholic] tradition.”

“I want to educate people about Muslims,” she said, “but I don’t want to [always have to] defend Islam, because I don’t think it’s the greatest religion in the world. I happen to like aspects of it; I’m a liberal Muslim. When people ask me about the Five Pillars [of Islam], I say, you know, I’m kind of like a two-pillar girl.”[/red]

The changes at Manhattan College prompted novelist Thane Rosenbaum, a professor at Fordham Law School and a frequent essayist on post-Holocaust themes, to wonder whether the Holocaust is becoming unmoored from its Jewish specificity.

“It hasn’t even been two generations,” said Rosenbaum, and already the message is, ‘We now have transcended the Holocaust,’ time for something else. Only with Jews, do people change the parameters like this, going from the Final Solution to exploring ‘Prejudice Around The World.’ This is Holocaust Studies for a new century: led by a Muslim, dealing with issues not exclusive or particular to the Holocaust, [issues] from Islamophobia to racism, looking for a wider appeal. They can do whatever they want, but I’m not sure that morally they have the right.”

http://www.thejewishweek.com/news/new_york/muslim_woman_lead_college_holocaust_center
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 03:36:09 pm by Dok » Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2011, 03:05:44 pm »

A Muslim running a holocaust museum? Are they serious? Lord have mercy!  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
jackie

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2011, 05:35:00 pm »

Things are getting stranger by the moment   Huh
Report Spam   Logged

Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2011, 04:14:19 am »

American churches to deny Jesus Christ on June 26, 2011

“Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in [them]; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean [thing]; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.” 2 Corinthians 6:14-18

NTEB has reported extensively on the growing Chrislam movement. Started by Rick Warren of Saddleback Church, it has grown dramatically and now has infected many hundreds of churches and denominations all across America. A group called Faith Shared is now spearheading the move to merge Christianity with Islam, and in the process provoking the very judgment of God down upon us as a nation. The following is taken directly from their website:
“Faith Shared asks houses of worship across the country to organize events involving clergy reading from each other’s sacred texts. An example would be a Christian Minister, Jewish Rabbi and Muslim Imam participating in a worship service or other event. Suggested readings will be provided from the Torah, the Gospels, and the Qur’an, but communities are encouraged to choose readings that will resonate with their congregations. Involvement of members from the Muslim community is key. We will also provide suggestions on how to incorporate this program into your regular worship services. And we will assist local congregations in their media and communications efforts.
While there is a strong preference for all of the events to happen on the same day, a number of congregations held interfaith services in January and February giving us wonderful examples of how communities can come together in support and fellowship. We will be posting photos, sample programs and audio files from theses services.
Faith Shared will collect images and videos from these events to use in our efforts to spread this message of respect and understanding from America.

Tensions around Islam in America have erupted throughout the country in the past year, leading to misconceptions, distrust and in some cases violence. News stories on the rising tide of anti-Muslim bigotry and violence abound, with graphic and often searing images of the antagonists, the protagonists and the battlegrounds where they meet. All too often, media coverage simplistically pits Muslims against would-be Qur’an burners, neglecting any substantive representation of where the majority of Americans actually stand: a shared commitment to tolerance and freedom. We are committed to ensuring that the storyline changes dramatically in 2011 by helping to create an environment of mutual understanding and respect for each other’s faith traditions.”

The following are churches across the US who have agreed to sponsor a Chrislam service:

Congregation
Anchorage First Christian
Anchorage
AK
University Presbyterian Church
Tuscaloosa
AL
Quapaw Quarter UMC
Little Rock
AR
Federated Community Church
Flagstaff
AZ
First UMC Phoenix
Phoenix
AZ
All Saints Cathedral
Pasadena
CA
First United Lutheran,
San Francisco
CA
Light of ChristEcumenical Catholic Church
Longmont
CO
Park Hill Congregational
Denver
CO
Union Congregational
Nucla
CO
Temple Micah
Denver
CO
Riverfront Family Church
Hartford
CT
The National Cathedral
Washington
DC
Seekers Church
Washington
DC
North American Old Catholic Church
Washington
DC
National City Christian Church
Washington
DC
New Ark United Church of Christ
Newark
DE
Faith United Church of Christ
Clearwater
FL
Unitarian Universalist Church of Pensacola
Pensacola
FL
United Church of Christ at The Villages
The Villages
FL
Virginia Highland Church
Atlanta
GA
Decatur United Church of Christ
Decatur
GA
The Episcopal Church of St. John the Evangelist
College Park
GA
St. Elizabeth’s Episcopal Church
Honolulu
HI
Church of the Epiphany
Honolulu
HI
Cathedral of St. Andrew, the Episcopal Diocese of HI
Honolulu
HI
Collegiate United Methodist Church and Wesley Foundation
Ames
IA
Congregational United Church of Christ
Iowa City
IA
Urbandale UCC Church
Urbndale
IA
Hillview United Methodist
Boise
ID
Boise First United Methodist Church, Cathedral of the Rockies
Boise
ID
First United of Oak Park
Chicago
IL
St Thomas Mission
Chicago
IL
The Chicago Temple First UMC
Chicago
IL
First Presbyterian Church of Fort Wayne
Fort Wayne
IN
Northminster Baptist Church
Monroe
LA
The Unitarian Universalist Society of Amherst
Amherst
MA
Grace Episcopal
Amherst
MA
Church of Our Savior
Arlington
MA
St Paul’s Cathedral
Boston
MA
Old Cambridge Baptist Church
Cambridge
MA
Hadwen Park Congregational Church
Worcester
MA
Veritas United Church of Christ
Hagerstown
MD
Trinity United Methodist
Mountain Grove
MO
St. Mary’s Episcopal Church
Ely
MN
First Congregational
Great Falls
MT
MtView/Trinity UM Parish
Butte
MT
Unitarian Universalist Ocean County Congregation,
Toms River
NJ
Christ Episcopal Church
Toms River
NJ
Zion Methodist Church
Las Vegas
NV
Prepare New York
New York
NY
Auburn Theological Seminary
New York
NY
The Sacred Center of New York
New York
NY
Christ Church United Methodist
NewYork
NY
The Riverside Church of New York
New York
NY
All Souls Bethelehem Church
Brooklyn
NY
First Congregational UCC
Corvalis
OR
Spirit of Peace United Church of Christ
Sioux Falls
SD
Baha’i Faith Community Center
Nashville
TN
Saint John’s United Methodist Church
Austin
TX
Hope for Peace & Justice Interfaith Peace Chapel
Dallas
TX
Cathedral of Hope
Dallas
TX
Wasatch Presbyterian Church of Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City
UT
Grace Episcopal Church
St George
UT
United Church of Bellows Falls
Bellow Falls
VT
Cathedral of the Diocese of Vermont
Burlington
VT
Vermont Ecumenical Council & Bible Society
Burlington
VT
Dummerston Congregational Church UCC
Drummerston
VT
Memorial United Church of Christ
Fitchburg
WI
Trinity Episcopal Church
Janesville
WI
First Congregational Church UCC Casper
Casper
WY

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/blog/?p=5441
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2011, 08:36:44 am »

June 26th this coming Sunday?

FYI - there's also a false flag rumor in Berlin at the Women's Soccer World's Cup on this day(won't go into details, but apparently, the Illuminati has been telegraphing their punches via mass media with this, and German PM Jan Merkel WON'T be in Berlin this day).

Also - 6/26/2011 = 6 - 6 - (2 + 2 + 1 + 1) = 6 - 6 - 6
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2011, 08:56:59 am »

June 26th this coming Sunday?

FYI - there's also a false flag rumor in Berlin at the Women's Soccer World's Cup on this day(won't go into details, but apparently, the Illuminati has been telegraphing their punches via mass media with this, and German PM Jan Merkel WON'T be in Berlin this day).

Also - 6/26/2011 = 6 - 6 - (2 + 2 + 1 + 1) = 6 - 6 - 6

Correction - that should say ANGELA MERKEL. Sorry about that.
Report Spam   Logged
jackie

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2011, 06:28:51 pm »

Christian40, That list of churches willing to sponsor Chrislam is astounding. The world has gone mad !!!
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2011, 11:11:38 pm »

Christian40, That list of churches willing to sponsor Chrislam is astounding. The world has gone mad !!!

Whatever happened to witnessing the gospel of Jesus Christ to Muslims? The "religious right" says how their fate has already been sealed a long time ago, so we need to eradicate them, while the "religious left" says how they worship the same god as we do, and we need to find common ground with them.

I mean HOW HARD is it to merely give a tract to a Muslim when you pass by them? I've given a few of them out to them, and thus far, at least from their outward appearance, they greeted rather warmly.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 24, 2011, 03:57:19 am »

Shocker! Churches promoting Islam
'Spiritual treason' seen as 'something hostile to Jesus Christ himself'

Dozens of churches, from Park Hill Congregational in Denver to Hillview United Methodist in Boise, Idaho, and First United Lutheran in San Francisco to St. Elizabeth's Episcopal Church in Honolulu, are planning to send "a message both here at home and to the Arab and Muslim world about our respect for Islam" with a time to read the Quran during worship this Sunday.

It's not just wrong, but dangerous, according to Christian trends analysts.

The aim of the program, which is promoted by social activists behind the Faith Shared website, is to counter the message from Islamic activists who say opposition to their religion is the product of what they call a cottage industry of hate.

So the Interfaith Alliance and Human Rights First is calling on Christian clergy to read portions of the Quran during their services Sunday.

The readings, supporters say, will "counter the anti-Muslim bigotry and negative stereotypes that have erupted throughout the country in the past year and led to misconceptions, distrust and in some cases, violence."

Not so fast, says apprising.org religious trends analyst Ken Silva.

"I would think they need to have their spiritual heads examined. It's foolish to think that we're going to read something that originates with demons and read that in a Christian church," Silva said.

The action amounts to "spiritual treason," he asserted.

Pastors of participating churches declined to discuss their programs with WND.

But Silva said, "Second Corinthians 6:14-18 (the verse warning against partnering light with darkness) says we're forbidden to do that kind of thing. It's one thing to be friendly with someone in Islam, but it's a whole other thing in a Christian community to be reading something that is antithetical to Christianity and is hostile to Jesus Christ himself."

Listen to Silva:http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=314661

Silva isn't the only analyst who has objections to the program. Worldview Weekend President Brannon Howse said he's not surprised with the development.

"I expect that of the mainline churches. Many of them have denied the essential Christian doctrines," Howse said. "They have denied the exclusivity of Jesus Christ. They have denied the inerrancy of Scripture; they've denied the inspiration of Scripture. So I'm not shocked that pagans would united with pagans."

His critique of what he sees as the failure of the mainline churches grew more severe.

"I'm not shocked that apostates would unite with apostates. I'm not shocked that people who practice the occult of Christian yoga or practice the occultism of contemplative prayer, which is another name for Transcendental Meditation," Howse said.

Howse said he believes Islam is also rooted in the occult.

"I am not shocked that an occultic religion of mainline liberal Christianity would lock arms with the occult of Islam. They're both steeped in the occult and paganism. So I'm not shocked by that at all," Howse said.

Howse also has a word of caution for evangelical Christians.

"If you're an evangelical, you better defend the exclusivity of Jesus Christ and the deity of Jesus Christ, the inspiration of Scripture and the inerrancy of Scripture. If you're not willing to defend that, then you really shouldn't be calling yourself a Christian," Howse said.

Listen to Howse: http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=314661

Neither the Interfaith Alliance nor Human Rights First responded to WND's repeated requests for interviews.

The Faith Shared website paints a different picture of the objectives. The site says that tensions between Islam and Christianity have grown in the past year.

"Tensions around Islam in America have erupted throughout the country in the past year, leading to misconceptions, distrust and in some cases violence. News stories on the rising tide of anti-Muslim bigotry and violence abound, with graphic and often searing images of the antagonists, the protagonists and the battlegrounds where they meet," the site said.

"All too often, media coverage simplistically pits Muslims against would-be Quran burners, neglecting any substantive representation of where the majority of Americans actually stand: a shared commitment to tolerance and freedom," the site read.

"We are committed to ensuring that the storyline changes dramatically in 2011 by helping to create an environment of mutual understanding and respect for each other’s faith traditions," the site said.

The Human Rights First site said the group simply wants to fight what members believe is rampant anti-Islamic prejudice.

"Faith Shared seeks to counter the anti-Muslim bigotry and negative stereotypes that have erupted throughout the country in the past year and led to misconceptions, distrust and in some cases, violence," the statement said.

"This countrywide, day-long event will engage faith leaders on the national and community levels in a conversation with their houses of worship, highlighting respect among people of different faiths," the site said.

The sites make those claims despite reports that the actual number of anti-Muslim incidents has gone down in the United States in the past 10 years.

Culture and Media Institute analyst Alana Goodman reports that anti-Muslim actions as a percentage of all anti-religious acts never went above 13 percent of the total number of anti-religious hate crimes.

"Since 2001, hate crimes against Muslims have decreased significantly, according to FBI statistics. After 2002, hate crimes against Muslims have not risen above 13 percent of all anti-religious crimes, and the most recent data from 2008 calculates them at 7.8 percent," Goodman's report stated.

Silva believes the real reason for the Shared Faith event is spiritual emptiness in the country.

"So many Christians talk to each other and they read other Christians rather than read the Scriptures themselves. There's a real move inside our country right now for an ecumenism and a syncretism trying to bring everyone together and it's rooted in contemplative spirituality," Silva observed.

"There's a deception that comes. They're under the impression that God is trying to bring all people together, and bring in God's dream for the world to make the world a better place," Silva continued.

"The Gospel has been changed from repentance and forgiveness of sins in Jesus' name to God wants to make the world a better place, get involved with where He's working and bring about His dream," Silva added.

"It's what Walter Martin would say spiritually obtuse Christians are easy marks for the more militant of the Muslims who are presenting this as some big Islamophobia," Silva said.

"We are not hateful to Muslims, but we are hostile to Islam because it enslaves people. We want people to be free," Silva said.

Howse says his warning to Bible-believing Christians is simple.

"Be aware of these people who have crept in secretly, unnoticed, with destructive heresies. I want to warn the church to be a 'Watchman on the Wall' for the 'Religious Trojan Horse' who is trying to draw people away from the faith," Howse said.

"Some of this deception is going to be so deceitful, so camouflaged, that we're going to be shocked at the Christian leaders who will follow it," Howse said.

WND reported only days earlier on a clash over Islam in Christian ministries.

It happened when Jack Van Impe Ministries launched a campaign to expose what it views as false teachings in Christianity and named several major ministry leaders. Trinity Broadcasting Network halted broadcast of a Van Impe program over it, and Van Impe decided to take his broadcasting elsewhere.

"I Will Not Be Silenced! I will not allow anyone to tell me what I can and cannot preach," Van Impe said in a statement when TBN would not allow his program to air.

"When I see heretical teaching leading to apostasy, I will speak out," he said. "The Bible says 'All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:' (II Timothy 3:16). The Apostle Paul also gives instructions in Titus 1:9-11, 13 'Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers. For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers … Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake…Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith.'"

Van Impe said he immediately called his media agents and told them, "I no longer wanted to air my program on Trinity Broadcasting Network; we will take the tremendous amount of money that we were spending there to obtain new stations that will allow us to continue to reach every square mile of America with the truths of the Bible without this network."

The dispute arose over the issue of advocating for "Chrislam" and other efforts that are designed to find "common ground" between Christians and Muslims. TBN declined to air one of Van Impe's programs that contained sharp criticisms of leaders such as Rick Warren of "The Purpose Driven Life" fame and Robert Schuller.

In a statement from Van Impe Ministries, Executive Director Ken Vancil said his organization rejected an effort by TBN to reinstate the programming and would work to develop alternative broadcast outlets where they were needed.

"We would not be able to minister effectively if we had to look over our shoulder wondering if a program was going to be censored because of mentioning a name," Vancil said. "While there is hurt over this incident, we hold no animosity towards TBN. Dr. Van Impe has often expressed his appreciation to Paul and Jan (Crouch, of TBN) and all that they have accomplished."

But he confirmed that Paul Crouch Sr. continued to "caution" him "regarding Dr. Van Impe's naming of names and publicly rebuking ministers and their teachings."

Other ministries have voiced criticism similar to Van Impe's.

Joe Schimmel, senior pastor of Blessed Hope Chapel in Southern California and chief of the Good Fight Ministries, openly has questioned whether church leaders are affirming Allah.

Schimmel, who is best known for "They Sold Their Souls for Rock n Roll," which exposes satanic influences behind much of yesterday and today's popular music and how it negatively influences youth, suggested in a WND column, "Could it be that we are witnessing the formation of the prophesied one-world religion under the Antichrist? (Revelation 13:1-18) "

He cited Brian McLaren of the emerging church movement, who planned for an Islamic Ramadan celebration. And he mentioned Warren's agreement to address the Islamic Society of North America, which "the Department of Justice categorized two years ago as a co-conspirator in financing a foreign terrorist group!"

Another church leader, Tony Campolo, "a proponent of the so-called 'evangelical left' claimed that 'even if' Muslims 'don't convert, they are God's people,'" Schimmel wrote.

"Even more chilling is the fact that over 300 prominent Christian leaders signed a letter issued by the Yale Center for Faith and Culture claiming that world peace is dependent on Muslims and Christians recognizing 'Allah' and 'Yahweh' as the same God. This letter, titled 'Loving God and Neighbor Together,' was written in response to a signed document by 138 Muslim leaders titled 'A Common Word Between Us and You.' McLaren, Warren, Robert Schuller and Bill Hybels were just several of the signatories to this outright betrayal of Christ!" he said.

TBN previously had a conflict over its intolerance for criticism of Islam. It was in 2006 when Hal Lindsey, WND columnist and one of the world's most popular non-fiction authors, clashed with the network because TBN wanted him to soften his views on Muslims. Lindsey refused.

Read more: Shocker! Churches promoting Islam http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=314661#ixzz1QBNHVePz

« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 04:03:41 am by Dok » Report Spam   Logged

jackie

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2011, 06:36:59 pm »

I finally found a preacher who is warning the people of this one  !! It took a while, didn't think there were any around here.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2011, 08:18:02 am »

Evangelicals Launch Historic Evangelism Document With Ecumenicals, Catholics

“Historic” was the word of the day today as the World Evangelical Alliance, World Council of Churches and Vatican launched a landmark document on the ethics of mission.

“Christian Witness in a Multi-Religious World” is the first joint document of its kind in church history and seeks to identify not only the biblical call to evangelism but also the ethical mandates of Christian witness.

It offers recommendations for Christian conduct in the mission field and is a joined up response to criticisms leveled at Christians by some religious communities against what they perceive to be “unethical methods.”

Its launch in Geneva, Switzerland, today comes follows five years of discussions between the WCC, WEA and the Vatican’s Pontifical Council on Inter-religious Dialogue.

WEA Secretary General Dr. Geoff Tunnicliffe said it was a “historic document” and a “historic moment” for the three bodies, who together represent more than 90 per cent of the world’s total Christian population.

Dr. Olav Fykse Tveit, General Secretary of the WCC said the document was a testimony to their search for unity.

He said the document would give “strength” to the joint witness of Christians to the Gospel.

“Christian witness demands Christian attitudes,” he said.

President of the PCID, Jean-Louis Cardinal Tauran, stressed the need for a common voice in the face of challenges to proclaiming the Gospel and efforts to privatise faith.

“We are making history this afternoon,” he said.

The preamble to the document starts by stating that mission belongs to the very being of the church.

"Proclaiming the word of God and witnessing to the world is essential for every Christian,” it reads. “At the same time, it is necessary to do so according to gospel principles, with full respect and love for all human beings.”

The 12 principles its sets out for Christian witness include acting in God’s love, living with integrity, compassion and humility, and rejecting violence.

Tveit said it was important that Christians witness with the same “respect that Christ has shown to other human beings.

The document then goes on to make six recommendations to Christians, church bodies, mission organisations and agencies.

These are: to study the document; build respect and trust with people of all religions; strengthen religious identity and faith whilst deepening knowledge and understanding of different religions; advocate justice and respect for the common good; call on governments and representatives to ensure religious freedom for all people; pray for the wellbeing of neighbours; and recognise that prayer is integral to the Christian life and Christian mission.

On the issue of conversion, which has been a sore point for some in other faith communities, the three leaders stressed the right to choose.

Tveit said: "Conversion cannot be imposed on anyone. I hope this is a clear message [we convey] through this document."

Cardinal Tauran added: "Conversion is God's freedom and man's freedom. It is a mystery. We cannot programme [it]."

Dr Tunnicliffe noted that in some sense there was “nothing new” in the document, but added that what was written down had “never been so clearly stated and within the context of [the WEA, the WCC, and the Vatican]."

He expressed his hope that it would build new bridges between Christians as well as with different faith communities.

“In some places dynamic public witness to Jesus Christ has been accompanied by misunderstanding and tension,” he said.

“This document is a valuable resource for church and ministry leaders for reflection and practice on how to best witness in ways faithful to the call of Christ and in line with the life and Spirit of Jesus.”

The document is to be passed down by the three bodies to their respective constituents for further consideration.

Tunnicliffe said he hoped it would be the first of many such joint initiatives between the WEA, WCC and Vatican.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/evangelicals-launch-historic-evangelism-document-with-ecumenicals-catholics-51651/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+delicious%2Fgqlf+%28Christian+Headlines+Top+Headlines%29
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2011, 08:21:10 am »

World Council of Churches
Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue
World Evangelical Alliance

Christian Witness in a
Multi-Religious World

Recommendations for Conduct

Preamble

Mission belongs to the very being of the church. Proclaiming the word of God
and witnessing to the world is essential for every Christian. At the same time, it is
necessary to do so according to gospel principles, with full respect and love for all
human beings.

Aware of the tensions between people and communities of different religious
convictions and the varied interpretations of Christian witness, the Pontifical
Council for Interreligious Dialogue (PCID), the World Council of Churches
(WCC) and, at the invitation of the WCC, the World Evangelical Alliance (WEA),
met during a period of 5 years to reflect and produce this document to serve as a
set of recommendations for conduct on Christian witness around the world. This
document does not intend to be a theological statement on mission but to address
practical issues associated with Christian witness in a multi-religious world.

The purpose of this document is to encourage churches, church councils and mission
agencies to reflect on their current practices and to use the recommendations in this
document to prepare, where appropriate, their own guidelines for their witness and
mission among those of different religions and among those who do not profess
any particular religion. It is hoped that Christians across the world will study this
document in the light of their own practices in witnessing to their faith in Christ,
both by word and deed.

A basis for Christian witness

1. For Christians it is a privilege and joy to give an accounting for the hope that
is within them and to do so with gentleness and respect (cf. 1 Peter 3:15).

2. Jesus Christ is the supreme witness (cf. John 18:37). Christian witness is always
a sharing in his witness, which takes the form of proclamation of the kingdom,
service to neighbour and the total gift of self even if that act of giving leads to the
cross. Just as the Father sent the Son in the power of the Holy Spirit, so believers
are sent in mission to witness in word and action to the love of the triune God.

3. The example and teaching of Jesus Christ and of the early church must be the
guides for Christian mission. For two millennia Christians have sought to follow
Christ’s way by sharing the good news of God’s kingdom (cf. Luke 4:16-20).

4. Christian witness in a pluralistic world includes engaging in dialogue with people
of different religions and cultures (cf. Acts 17:22-28).

5. In some contexts, living and proclaiming the gospel is difficult, hindered or even
prohibited, yet Christians are commissioned by Christ to continue faithfully in
solidarity with one another in their witness to him (cf. Matthew 28:19-20; Mark
16:14-18; Luke 24:44-48; John 20:21; Acts 1:8).

6. If Christians engage in inappropriate methods of exercising mission by resorting
to deception and coercive means, they betray the gospel and may cause suffering
to others. Such departures call for repentance and remind us of our need for
God’s continuing grace (cf. Romans 3:23).

7. Christians affirm that while it is their responsibility to witness to Christ,
conversion is ultimately the work of the Holy Spirit (cf. John 16:7-9; Acts 10:44-
47). They recognize that the Spirit blows where the Spirit wills in ways over
which no human being has control (cf. John 3:8).

Principles

Christians are called to adhere to the following principles as they seek to fulfil Christ’s
commission in an appropriate manner, particularly within interreligious contexts.

1. Acting in God’s love. Christians believe that God is the source of all love and,
accordingly, in their witness they are called to live lives of love and to love their
neighbour as themselves (cf. Matthew 22:34-40; John 14:15).

2. Imitating Jesus Christ. In all aspects of life, and especially in their witness,
Christians are called to follow the example and teachings of Jesus Christ, sharing
his love, giving glory and honour to God the Father in the power of the Holy
Spirit (cf. John 20:21-23).

3. Christian virtues. Christians are called to conduct themselves with integrity,
charity, compassion and humility, and to overcome all arrogance, condescension
and disparagement (cf. Galatians 5:22).

4. Acts of service and justice. Christians are called to act justly and to love
tenderly (cf. Micah 6:8). They are further called to serve others and in so doing
to recognize Christ in the least of their sisters and brothers (cf. Matthew 25:45).
Acts of service, such as providing education, health care, relief services and acts
of justice and advocacy are an integral part of witnessing to the gospel. The
exploitation of situations of poverty and need has no place in Christian outreach.
Christians should denounce and refrain from offering all forms of allurements,
including financial incentives and rewards, in their acts of service.

5. Discernment in ministries of healing. As an integral part of their witness to
the gospel, Christians exercise ministries of healing. They are called to exercise
discernment as they carry out these ministries, fully respecting human dignity
and ensuring that the vulnerability of people and their need for healing are not
exploited.

6. Rejection of violence. Christians are called to reject all forms of violence, even
psychological or social, including the abuse of power in their witness. They also
reject violence, unjust discrimination or repression by any religious or secular
authority, including the violation or destruction of places of worship, sacred
symbols or texts.

7. Freedom of religion and belief. Religious freedom including the right to
publicly profess, practice, propagate and change one’s religion flows from
the very dignity of the human person which is grounded in the creation of
all human beings in the image and likeness of God (cf. Genesis 1:26). Thus,
all human beings have equal rights and responsibilities. Where any religion
is instrumentalized for political ends, or where religious persecution occurs,
Christians are called to engage in a prophetic witness denouncing such actions.

8. Mutual respect and solidarity. Christians are called to commit themselves to
work with all people in mutual respect, promoting together justice, peace and
the common good. Interreligious cooperation is an essential dimension of such
commitment.

9. Respect for all people. Christians recognize that the gospel both challenges and
enriches cultures. Even when the gospel challenges certain aspects of cultures,
Christians are called to respect all people. Christians are also called to discern
elements in their own cultures that are challenged by the gospel.

10. Renouncing false witness. Christians are to speak sincerely and respectfully;
they are to listen in order to learn about and understand others’ beliefs and
practices, and are encouraged to acknowledge and appreciate what is true and
good in them. Any comment or critical approach should be made in a spirit of
mutual respect, making sure not to bear false witness concerning other religions.

11. Ensuring personal discernment. Christians are to acknowledge that changing
one’s religion is a decisive step that must be accompanied by sufficient time for
adequate reflection and preparation, through a process ensuring full personal
freedom.

12. Building interreligious relationships. Christians should continue to build
relationships of respect and trust with people of different religions so as to
facilitate deeper mutual understanding, reconciliation and cooperation for the
common good.

Recommendations

The Third Consultation organized by the World Council of Churches and the PCID
of the Holy See in collaboration with World Evangelical Alliance with participation
from the largest Christian families of faith (Catholic, Orthodox, Protestant,
Evangelical and Pentecostal), having acted in a spirit of ecumenical cooperation
to prepare this document for consideration by churches, national and regional
confessional bodies and mission organizations, and especially those working in
interreligious contexts, recommends that these bodies:

1. study the issues set out in this document and where appropriate formulate
guidelines for conduct regarding Christian witness applicable to their particular
contexts. Where possible this should be done ecumenically, and in consultation
with representatives of other religions.

2. build relationships of respect and trust with people of all religions, in particular
at institutional levels between churches and other religious communities,
engaging in on-going interreligious dialogue as part of their Christian
commitment. In certain contexts, where years of tension and conflict have
created deep suspicions and breaches of trust between and among communities,
interreligious dialogue can provide new opportunities for resolving conflicts,
restoring justice, healing of memories, reconciliation and peace-building.

3. encourage Christians to strengthen their own religious identity and faith while
deepening their knowledge and understanding of different religions, and to do
so also taking into account the perspectives of the adherents of those religions.
Christians should avoid misrepresenting the beliefs and practices of people of
different religions.

4. cooperate with other religious communities engaging in interreligious advocacy
towards justice and the common good and, wherever possible, standing together
in solidarity with people who are in situations of conflict.

5. call on their governments to ensure that freedom of religion is properly and
comprehensively respected, recognizing that in many countries religious
institutions and persons are inhibited from exercising their mission.

6. pray for their neighbours and their well-being, recognizing that prayer is integral
to who we are and what we do, as well as to Christ’s mission.

Appendix: Background to the document

1. In today’s world there is increasing collaboration among Christians and between
Christians and followers of different religions. The Pontifical Council for
Interreligious Dialogue (PCID) of the Holy See and the World Council of
Churches’ Programme on Interreligious Dialogue and Co-operation (WCCIRDC)
have a history of such collaboration. Examples of themes on which the
PCID/WCC-IRDC have collaborated in the past are: Interreligious Marriage
(1994-1997), Interreligious Prayer (1997-1998) and African Religiosity (2000-
2004). This document is a result of their work together.

2. There are increasing interreligious tensions in the world today, including
violence and the loss of human life. Politics, economics and other factors play a
role in these tensions. Christians too are sometimes involved in these conflicts,
whether voluntarily or involuntarily, either as those who are persecuted or as
those participating in violence. In response to this the PCID and WCC-IRDC
decided to address the issues involved in a joint process towards producing shared
recommendations for conduct on Christian witness. The WCC-IRDC invited
the World Evangelical Alliance (WEA) to participate in this process, and they
have gladly done so.

3. Initially two consultations were held: the first, in Lariano, Italy, in May 2006,
was entitled “Assessing the Reality” where representatives of different religions
shared their views and experiences on the question of conversion. A statement
from the consultation reads in part: “We affirm that, while everyone has a right
to invite others to an understanding of their faith, it should not be exercised by
violating others’ rights and religious sensibilities. Freedom of religion enjoins
upon all of us the equally non-negotiable responsibility to respect faiths other
than our own, and never to denigrate, vilify or misrepresent them for the purpose
of affirming superiority of our faith.”

4. The second, an inter-Christian consultation, was held in Toulouse, France,
in August 2007, to reflect on these same issues. Questions on Family and
Community, Respect for Others, Economy, Marketing and Competition, and
Violence and Politics were thoroughly discussed. The pastoral and missionary
issues around these topics became the background for theological reflection and
for the principles developed in this document. Each issue is important in its own
right and deserves more attention that can be given in these recommendations.

5. The participants of the third (inter-Christian) consultation met in Bangkok,
Thailand, from 25-28, January, 2011 and finalized this document.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 08, 2011, 06:00:02 am »

Tony Blair and Ben Page discuss new IpsosMORI research on faith and globalisation

Yesterday Tony Blair spoke at an Tony Blair and Ben Page, CEO of Ipsos MORI led a discussion on globalisation, development, and the role of religion in London. They explored new research by Ipsos MORI highlights how much religion matters in the world.

The new research by Ipsos MORI highlights how much religion matters in the world. Around seven in ten people surveyed say they have a religion, and most see it as important in their lives. The survey reveals marked differences across the world, with 94% of those with a religion in primarily Muslim countries surveyed saying it is important in their lives compared to 66% in Christian majority countries.

The latest Global @dvisor survey conducted in 24 countries shows that among younger people with a religion/faith, their religion also plays a significant role in their lives: almost three-quarters (73%) of those under 35 say their religion/faith is important in their life.

Those in Muslim majority countries are more likely than those in Christian majority countries to believe that their faith or religion is the only true path to salvation, liberation or paradise, 61% compared to 19% respectively, but they are also much more likely to say their religion is a key motivator in giving time and money to people in need (61% versus 24% in primarily Christian societies)

Overall, three in ten (30%) people with a religion/faith say that religion motivates them to give their time or money to people in need. Over half (52%), however, say that it makes no difference since they see it as important to give time or money to people in need in any case.

A third (33%) of citizens across the 24 countries included in the research have no or almost no friends or acquaintances from any other religion. This varies widely across countries, and seems to have no relationship as to whether or not people hold that their own religion is the only true faith, which varies widely, from a small minority in Western Europe, to a majority in some Muslim countries.

Chief Exec of Ipsos MORI, Ben Page, said:

“The survey is a good reminder to many in western Europe of how much religion matters – and is a force for good – in much of the world. Our analysis shows people would rather keep politics separate from religion, but that in a globalising world, it still matters more than many in old Europe think.”

Patron of the Tony Blair Faith Foundation, Rt Hon. Tony Blair, said:

“This survey shows how much religion matters and that no analysis of the contemporary world, political or social, is complete without understanding the relationship between faith and globalisation. The evidence is that, though people fear the prospect of religious strife, even here in Britain, there is much to encourage the view that people can learn to respect those of another faith and live with them peacefully. Inter-faith dialogue and action today is not just an interesting but peripheral minor subject, it is the essence, central to creating greater social cohesion and harmony.”

http://www.tonyblairoffice.org/news/entry/tony-blair-and-ben-page-discuss-new-ipsosmori-research-on-faith-and-globali/
Report Spam   Logged

Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2011, 02:40:50 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIwQ31f4vpE&feature=share

A series exploring the coming New World Order from a Christian perspective. In this part, we wrap up our look at the United Nation's occult spiritual views based on the Mysteries and their attempt to use them to create a One World Religion.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2011, 02:42:10 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMjHJS3-ekk&feature=share

A series exploring the coming New World Order from a Christian perspective. In this part, how the Emerging Church is encouraging Christians to incorporate the paganism of Rome into their faith.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2011, 07:29:39 am »

Desiring A One-World Religion

Religious leaders and activists from a variety of faiths called for tolerance of one another and said the U.S. government should step up efforts to fight faith-based discrimination and persecution around the world. “Everyone should have the right to believe or not believe,” said Suzan Johnson Cook, who was confirmed this year as the State Department’s ambassador-at-large for international religious freedom. “That is their God-given right.” Several speakers at the daylong conference “Stop Religious Persecution Now,” held at The Washington Times, spoke in favor of a bill before Congress proposed by Rep. Frank R. Wolf, Virginia Republican, that would boost the State Department’s role as an advocate for religious freedom abroad.

Provisions of the bill would give U.S. Foreign Service officers new training on promoting religious freedom, shine a brighter spotlight on countries identified as restricting religious liberties and reauthorize the independent U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom.

Among those at the event were Christians, Muslims, Hindus and Sikhs. Other religions also were represented. Speakers and participants included lawmakers and administration officials, religious freedom advocates and representatives from such groups as the Center for Understanding Islam, the Hindu America Foundation and ChinaAid.

The event was co-sponsored by the U.S. chapter of the Universal Peace Federation and The Washington Times Foundation.

The faith activists said there was strength in unity in the fight against religious discrimination.

rest: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/jul/13/faith-groups-call-for-greater-efforts-to-promote-t/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2011, 04:22:28 pm »

34   Then Peter opened [his] mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: 
35   But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.
Acts 10:34,35 (KJB)

"These [things] also [belong] to the wise. [It is] not good to have respect of persons in judgment." Proverbs 24:23 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 26, 2011, 11:55:33 am »

Holy Land clerics launch interfaith Earth forum

AFP – Mon, Jul 25, 2011

Christian, Jewish and Muslim leaders in the Holy Land joined forces Monday to launch a multi-faith environmental campaign, citing religious injunctions to protect the Earth across their three faiths.

Among their plans are the convening of an international conference of religious leaders in New York ahead of the 2012 UN General Assembly, a North America public relations campaign and training future clerics on the importance of environmental issues, one of the organisers said.

At the Jerusalem launch of the Interfaith Centre for Sustainable Development, rabbi David Rosen noted that the obligation upon humans to care for their surroundings comes near the very beginning of the Bible.

"That is the original charge in the first chapters of Genesis, given to the first man and woman, not purely to develop, to till the land, but also to protect it... to conserve it," he said, to nods of agreement from a Roman Catholic bishop and the Palestinian deputy minister of religious affairs.

More: http://news.yahoo.com/holy-land-clerics-launch-interfaith-earth-forum-113212070.html

Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2011, 07:01:55 am »

AJC program engages Christian leaders in Jewish study

13 members participating in Christian Leadership Initiative study classical Jewish texts with rabbis and educators in Jerusalem.

A yearlong interfaith program conducted by the American Jewish Committee in conjunction with the Shalom Hartman Institute will draw to a close on Thursday, following 13 months of study and travel by a group of Christian leaders and academics from the US.

The 13 members of the Christian Leadership Initiative who began the course back in July 2010 have been in Israel on the second of two 10-day trips in which they have studied classical Jewish texts with rabbis and educators at the Shalom Hartman Institute in Jerusalem.

Since last year’s trip, the CLI participants have been engaged in weekly interactive study sessions via videoconference, facilitated by Hartman Institute teachers.

“The purpose of the program is to bring Christian religious leaders and academics to Israel and expose them personally to Judaism and Israel in a direct manner, and not through someone else’s interpretation,” Rabbi Noam Marans, AJC Director of Interreligious and Intergroup Affairs, told The Jerusalem Post.

“Through studying the most basic foundational Jewish ideas as expressed through our classic texts, the participants on the program are able to understand Judaism from a Jewish perspective,” he added.

The AJC also wrapped up last week its Interreligious Diplomatic Mission, in which an AJC leadership delegation met with senior Christian clerics in Israel and the Palestinian Authority, as well as Israeli and Palestinian government officials.

The mission met with Papal Nuncio of the Holy Land Archbishop Antonio Franco; Greek Orthodox Patriarch of Jerusalem and the Holy Land Theophilos III; the Minister for Religious Services Ya’acov Margi; Deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon; and Palestinian Authority Minister of Wakf and Religious Affairs Mahmoud Habbash. Delegates also spoke with clergy from the Melkhite, Lutheran and Anglican churches.

This month’s Christian Leadership Initiative trip included visits to Yad Vashem and the Supreme Court, as well as an excursion to Qumran, where the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered, and a presentation at the Shrine of the Book at the Israel Museum.

CLI participant Elena Procario- Foley, a professor of Christian Theology and chairwoman of Jewish-Catholic Studies at Iona College in New York, said that the ability to study and communicate directly with Jewish teachers was crucial in gaining a better grasp of Judaism, the connection of the Jewish people to the land and Christianity itself.

“It’s important to learn directly from Jewish scholars and to interact with people in order to create a foundation for Jewish-Christian understanding and for reconciliation. Our job as professors and pastors is to open up the doors of understanding to that relationship.

“For those of us who teach this material, learning about such texts should be a transformative process. Doing so in the Holy Land makes the experience really exceptional and it is a privilege which not many people get to do,” she added.

“Interfaith work is about understanding the distinctions between our religions, while at the same time looking for the common ground between us,” said Derrick Harkins, CLI participant and pastor at the 19th Street Baptist Church in Washington, DC. “No other religions share the same sacred texts in the way that Judaism and Christianity do. But we’re not looking for some unified mélange of belief and faith, the purpose of the initiative is to appreciate the differences between us in order to give a sense of clarity to each other’s faith.”

“The program has also enhanced our ability to help our congregations in the US understand these issues, and it’s almost impossible to do this without the kind of exposure we’ve gained by coming here in person,” Procario-Foley added.

http://www.jpost.com/JewishWorld/JewishNews/Article.aspx?id=231327&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+delicious%2Fgqlf+%28Christian+Headlines+Top+Headlines%29
Report Spam   Logged

Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 03, 2011, 05:01:53 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwTv0akFXGc&feature=share

Christians seem to be the only religion that are being persecuted around the world on a massive scale, just like the bible says will happen when you're living in the last days.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #87 on: August 03, 2011, 07:03:40 am »

Why do churchianity "preachers" insist on hollering everything they say? "Pastor Billy" needs to calm down and learn what meekness is.  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 03, 2011, 07:22:13 am »

Why do churchianity "preachers" insist on hollering everything they say? "Pastor Billy" needs to calm down and learn what meekness is.  Roll Eyes

you just might want to watch a little more of Billy Crone. He isnt a churchianity preacher at all. Hes more of one of those old time Fire and Brimstone preachers that no longer exist.

Jud 1:23  And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #89 on: August 03, 2011, 07:52:33 am »

Well, whatever flavor or time period, it's all churchianity, or stylized after a certain speaking method. You know what I'm saying don't you? I'm not judging the content of what he said, but HOW he delivers it with the constant amped up loud voice and the inflections and mannerisms. His speaking style. Seen that many times in the deep south where I'm from. I've been to those type Baptist churches. That's old school revival preachin'. And not something I can handle much of, God willing.

"What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice." Philippians 1:18 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: