End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 04:33:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

A United Nations of Religious Groups / One World Interfaith

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A United Nations of Religious Groups / One World Interfaith  (Read 26969 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 03, 2011, 07:58:13 am »

well i like him. I like when a preacher puts the fear of God into people, because that is what is severely lacking in this world. I dont believe he is putting on an act.

Gen 20:11  And Abraham said, Because I thought, Surely the fear of God is not in this place;

Rev 14:7  Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 03, 2011, 08:05:22 am »

Well, whatever flavor or time period, it's all churchianity, or stylized after a certain speaking method. You know what I'm saying don't you? I'm not judging the content of what he said, but HOW he delivers it with the constant amped up loud voice and the inflections and mannerisms. His speaking style. Seen that many times in the deep south where I'm from. I've been to those type Baptist churches. That's old school revival preachin'. And not something I can handle much of, God willing.

"What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice." Philippians 1:18 (KJB)

I once knew a preacher with Billy's style - he was in very bad health, but at the same time always thankful and rejoicing in the Lord. The times we visited his church in my brother's city, he was on fire...preaching warning about sin, the judgement to come, repentance, the blood atonement of Jesus Christ, putting our faith in Jesus Christ, etc.

Guess what happened to him, he got FORCED OUT by the (very small)congregation church, and was replaced by some "yes ma'am" SBC guy. Subsequently, the letters we received from this guy, he continued to be thankful and rejoicing in the Lord. I've never met such a very godly, Christian man in my life. Just very humble and preaching the word.

As for old school...what do you expect instead? Soft preaching from Rick Warren and Rob Bell?

Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #92 on: August 03, 2011, 08:13:23 am »

As for old school...what do you expect instead? Soft preaching from Rick Warren and Rob Bell?

I'm not quite sure how to take that BA, considering the verse I just posted. I thought I clearly stated what I expect, which is Christ is preached. Are you offended?
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 03, 2011, 08:32:43 am »

I'm not quite sure how to take that BA, considering the verse I just posted. I thought I clearly stated what I expect, which is Christ is preached. Are you offended?

Offended at what? Today's "churchianity" no longer preaches warning about sin, repentance, and the wrath to come. Instead, they're some "feel good" sermons to boost your ego and coerce you to put more money in their offering plates. We shouldn't worship man, but at least the pastor in the video does a decent job of giving kick-in-the-tail sermons.

Remember Paul gave some really hard preaching in Corinthians...

1Co 3:1  And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
1Co 3:2  I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
1Co 3:3  For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

And this...

1Co 5:1  It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.
1Co 5:2  And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.
1Co 5:3  For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed,
1Co 5:4  In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,
1Co 5:5  To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
1Co 5:6  Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?
1Co 5:7  Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

Or how about this?

Mat 3:7  But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

So why doesn't today's "churchianity" preach any of this?
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 03, 2011, 08:52:29 am »

FWIW, it wasn't directed at you, to be honest, it's something I end up saying for years on message forums to drive home points.(the part about "What do you expect...")
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 14, 2011, 07:31:29 am »

Quran? Torah? Churches 'will have to choose'
Congregations on six continents taking part in 'greatest commandment'

It barely qualifies as news in the U.S. when Islam and Islamic causes get prominent support from outside the Muslim community. At this week's White House dinner celebrating the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, President Obama used the occasion to reiterate his endorsement of a proposed mosque at Ground Zero, site of the 9/11 attacks in Lower Manhattan.

And just weeks ago, in a "Shared Faith" project, 66 U.S. churches in 32 states read from the Muslim Quran during Sunday services.

But a grassroots Christian movement is going in another direction. This weekend churches on six continents will join Jewish congregations reading certain passages from the Torah. The "Shema heard around the world," which will consist of reading the "greatest commandment" found in Deuteronomy 6:4-9, is being organized by El Shaddai Ministries of Tacoma, Wash.

Rabbi Jeremy Gimpel, co-host of the Jerusalem-based "Tuesday Night Live" television program, sees the initiative as a positive development because the West is faced with a choice "very soon":

"To either side with Israel, history, facts and the Bible – or to try to appease the Arab world in its quest for world domination. The Christian world will have to choose between a G-d of love and life that our Scriptures speak of, and a G-d of submission and death that is being promoted by the Muslim Brotherhood," he commented.

El Shaddai's Pastor Mark Biltz says this weekend was chosen for the sign of solidarity because it is the time for the annual Shema reading in synagogues around the world.

Biltz, who co-produced the best-selling WND prophecy video titled "Feasts of the Lord", believes this is a critical time in which "unity" is of utmost importance for Christians and Jews as the fall feast days approach, beginning with Rosh Hashana on Sept. 28:

"I think this fall will be a very prophetic time as we see history unfold. Fasten your seatbelts as it will be a wild ride. All of creation is crying out for the coming of the Messiah ... We want people in every time zone around the world proclaiming Yeshua as King of Kings! We really need to be as united as possible if we want the glory to fall. Every time it took the unity of everyone for the glory to fall. In Moses Tabernacle, in Solomon's Temple, and in the book of Acts, only when they were in unity did the glory fall."

Biltz, a Christian teacher of Hebraic roots, believes the biblical feasts as outlined in Leviticus by Moses are not just Jewish holidays but have prophetic significance for all believers in the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. They were observed by Jesus and His apostles – and continued to be observed by Jesus' followers in the first century even after His death and Resurrection.

2011 fall feasts:

September 28: Rosh Hashana
October 7: Yom Kippur
October 12-20: Feast of Tabernacles
The "Feasts of the Lord" revelations have been of particular interest relative to the question of the time of the Lord's return, he explains.

The spring feasts – or appointed times – were fulfilled by the first coming of Yeshua, the Hebrew name of Jesus, which means "Salvation," explains Biltz. The fall feasts will be fulfilled by His Second Coming – in the very near future, he relates in the video.

"I believe these DVDs can profoundly increase the faith of followers of Jesus, giving them a new appreciation of who He is, why He came and what He expects of us," says Joseph Farah, founder and editor of WND and the producer of the video series. "I think most people who view these teachings by Pastor Mark Biltz will be stunned by what they learn about the meaning of these feasts in our lives."

Is it true the Bible says we cannot know the day or the hour of Jesus' return?

On the contrary, says "The Feasts of the Lord." The Bible is quite specific about the day of His return – it's just the year that remains a mystery. This misunderstanding of what the Lord said about His return is due to a simple misreading of the Scriptures – partly a result of not understanding the cultural context of the message.

Biltz says much of the church is asleep – unaware of the significance of the feasts in God's holy time clock. The feasts were not intended to be abandoned by believers after the coming of Jesus. His followers observed them in the first century. It's time to rediscover them again as the hour of His return approaches.

"Your faith will be renewed or heightened to new limits by these teachings, I predict," says Farah. "These are powerful videos – unlike anything ever produced before."

Read more: Quran? Torah? Churches 'will have to choose' http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=332877#ixzz1V0QXJ6E3
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #96 on: August 15, 2011, 03:28:27 am »

Uh, yeah! If they actually read their bible, they'd know that.  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 15, 2011, 04:34:55 am »

On the contrary, says "The Feasts of the Lord." The Bible is quite specific about the day of His return – it's just the year that remains a mystery. This misunderstanding of what the Lord said about His return is due to a simple misreading of the Scriptures – partly a result of not understanding the cultural context of the message.

We dont know the day or hour of the Lord Jesus's return but could we know the month or the year?

Wow that would be amazing if we knew the month or year!  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 12, 2011, 04:11:39 am »

D.C. churches help 9/11 mosque grow
Despite FBI warnings, Christians extend helping hand to terrorist magnet

Christian houses of worship are lending their parking lots to a radical Washington-area mosque that aided some of the hijackers who attacked the Pentagon on Sept. 11, despite warnings from FBI agents and local anti-jihad watch groups that such brotherly outreach is only helping the Islamic center expand and potentially attract future terrorists.

When Dar al-Hijrah Islamic Center was first built two decades ago in a quiet neighboorhood in Falls Church, Va., it quickly attracted throngs of Muslim worshipers. The mosque eventually outgrew its parking lot, so much so that it violated local ordinances. The traffic congestion disturbed residents, and they complained to zoning authorities.

The mosque had no extra land to widen its parking lot, so officials turned to neighboring churches for help. The First Christian Church and the Falls Church Church of Christ offered their large parking lots on Fridays, the Muslim Sabbath. They've also agreed to accommodate overflow parking during the busy Muslim holy month of Ramadan.

Thanks to their kind gestures, the mosque has continued to grow, and now is one of the largest in the country.
Anwar Awlaki

It's also one of the most dangerous.

Read more: D.C. churches help 9/11 mosque grow http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=344069#ixzz1XjBN0EuX
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 13, 2011, 09:45:14 am »

Religious Leaders Say Best Hope For Peace Lies In United Global Super Church

Some say it was fanatical faith that led to the 9/11 attacks on the U.S.

Denver's religious leaders said on the 10th anniversary that the best hope for peace begins with the world's faith traditions coming together.

In service of that ideal, representatives of the three Abrahamic faiths — Judaism, Islam and Christianity — gathered at St. John's Cathedral Sunday to have "Conversations That Matter" and "A Multifaith Service of Remembrance Healing and Hope."

"I don't know that any of this accomplishes anything," said participant Ann Kelly, "but it makes me feel better. More understanding can't be a bad thing."

In forums held all afternoon, people talked about difficult subjects, including what bothers them about their own religions.

They talked about their greatest fears about other religions. They learned some of what each faith's sacred texts says about the other. They discussed ways for different groups to conduct respectful dialogue with each other.

To wrap up the forums, Jonny 5 of the Flobots, a Christian rapper brought up in a tiny Presbyterian congregation, hosted a final special event called "an interactive, interfaith performance/workshop."

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_18874132?source=rss
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 25, 2011, 12:48:01 pm »

Pope Promotes Interfaith Relations In Meetings With Muslims, Protestants

Pope Benedict XVI focused the second day of his state visit to Germany on Friday on building interfaith relations. He began the day meeting leaders of Germany's 4-million strong Muslim community, calling for Christianity and Islam to forge a relationship based on "dialogue and mutual esteem." The pontiff added that the two faiths could enjoy a "fruitful relationship."

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,15411173,00.html
Report Spam   Logged

Believer

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 17, 2011, 04:43:27 am »

Saudis underwrite organization to bring world’s religions under one roof

http://blog.beliefnet.com/news/2011/10/saudis-underwrite-organization-to-bring-worlds-religions-under-one-roof.php#ixzz1azuqNM2Phttp://blog.beliefnet.com/news/2011/10/saudis-underwrite-organization-to-bring-worlds-religions-under-one-roof.php

The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is financing a new organization designed to bring all the world’s religions together.

“The organization hopes to prevent conflict through interfaith dialogue,” writes Spencer Kimball for the German news site Deutsche Welle.  ”The foreign ministers of Austria, Saudi Arabia and Spain signed the founding treaty of a new international organization designed to foster dialogue between the world’s major religions on Thursday.”

“The thesis is valid that world peace cannot exist without peace between the world’s major religions,” Saudi Arabian Foreign Minister Prince Saud al-Faisal said during the signing ceremony in Vienna, according to Deutsche Welle:

The King Abdullah Center for Interreligious and Intercultural Dialogue, initiated and financed largely by Saudi money, is set to have its seat in Vienna. Plans envision an organization with a governing body composed of 12 representatives from the world’s five largest religions.

The governing body is set to be staffed by two Muslims (Sunni and Shiite), three Christians (Catholic, Anglican and Orthodox), a Buddhist, a Hindu and a Jew. The organization will also have a consulting body with 100 representatives from the five world religions plus other faiths as well as academics and members of civil society.

Austria’s Foreign Minister Michael Spindelegger said that the organization’s structures are designed to ensure that none of the represented religions dominates the organization. The three founding states are also open to the membership of other countries, according to Spanish Foreign Minister Trinidad Jimenez Garcia-Herrera.

Saudi King Abdullah initiated the idea for the center after visiting Pope Benedict XVI at the Vatican in 2007, the first Saudi monarch to do so. Shortly thereafter, King Abdullah stated that Christians and Muslims should offer a common message of peace to humanity.

Abdullah then initiated an interfaith dialogue in Mecca in 2008 followed by a second meeting in Madrid with Jewish representation. A third meeting took place in Vienna’s Hofburg in 2009, where the concept of the organization was agreed upon.

The Initiative of Liberal Muslims protested Thursday’s signing ceremony in Vienna, saying that the center was an attempt by Saudi Arabia to spread a conservative form of Islam.

The idea is not new. In 2003, the Christian Broadcasting Network reported on a UN-sponsored summit of the world’s religions.

“A one world government and a one world religion — it may just sound like fiction from the popular Left Behind novel series,” reported Wendy Griffith for CBN News. “But some Christians say this scenario may be closer than most people think. Earlier this fall in Geneva, hundreds of spiritual and religious leaders met for a peace summit. And although all the major faiths were there, including some who claim to represent Christianity, it was clear that Jesus was not invited.”

To say that many Christians do not welcome the notion of a one-world religion would be an incredible understatement. Just in recent weeks, longtime TV prophecy preacher Jack Van Impe ended decades of broadcasting on the Trinity Broadcasting Network — charging that popular author and pastor Rick Warren has been too cozy with Muslims. Van Impe charged that the intent is a merger of Islam and Christianity — Chrislam. Warren scoffs at the notion, saying that he supports a Christian-Muslim dialogue — and that Christians are required to love all Muslims and win them to Jesus.

In 1997 another conference raised alarms.

“Nearly 200 delegates wrapped up a week-long interfaith meeting at Stanford on Friday, predicting they had given birth to a movement as well as a spiritual institution: the United Religions,” reported the California newspaper San Jose Mercury’s religion and ethics writer Richard Scheinin. “The ‘spiritual United Nations,’ as some have referred to it, would be a world assembly for humanity’s myriad spiritual traditions. The international ‘summit conference’ brought together delegates from every continent to inaugurate formal efforts to figure out the organization’s structure and mission and launch a charter-writing process. After several years of talking, the initiative’s planners had finally gotten down to business.

“‘You are deputized!’ the Rev. William E. Swing, bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of California, told delegates as they prepared to go home. ‘Tell the people that there is a United Religions, and that somewhere in the world, it is beginning to happen: that the religions are going to have an oasis where they can talk about peace.’”

So, will it happen this time?

Report Spam   Logged
Lisa
« Reply #102 on: October 21, 2011, 11:45:58 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snmQbhsHEb4&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PLE1B004F5A1B4F77E
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 21, 2011, 12:47:26 pm »

when he says Christian he means Catholic.
Report Spam   Logged

Lisa
« Reply #104 on: October 21, 2011, 03:09:25 pm »

Wot-dont u like him?
Dont have to reply to that (you know my email address-lol).
Im just wondering whether prophetically he is more than a nerd-Is he prophetically significant (get my drift). Such a man of peace eh?

L
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 21, 2011, 04:02:20 pm »

Wot-dont u like him?
Dont have to reply to that (you know my email address-lol).
Im just wondering whether prophetically he is more than a nerd-Is he prophetically significant (get my drift). Such a man of peace eh?

L

I think people are forgetting that Blair DID push for the Iraq war, and was pretty much the lone world leader outside of America that did so. Way back in 2002 and 2003, I remember a ton of news stories over how the rest of the world was against the Bush administration on this issue, except for Blair, and how Bush and Blair met MANY times to drum up support for this war. Ultimately, while Bush Jr became very hated, Blair pretty much went under the radar.

Anyhow yeah, this so-called "man of peace" now once upon a time ago drooled over war. Also, I remember reading news stories years after over how Blair was the one quietly engineering most of it, contrary to the MSM saying how Dick Cheney was supposedly the mastermind of it.

And now? Somehow Blair, despite being a UK citizen, has his faith foundation on AMERICAN soil?

No, I'm not saying he's the Rev 13 beast, but at the same time what he's done sounds creepier than what's come out of a Hollywood movie.
Report Spam   Logged
Lisa
« Reply #106 on: October 21, 2011, 05:23:44 pm »

He was all set for top role in EU and then got dropped just before Von Rompuy was chosen-He sort of just took it on the chin (wonder whether he was promised something more lucrative). A very scheming self promoting demonic spirit...BUT have you ever researched his wife!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-465798/Is-Cherie-Blair-misunderstood-bonkers.html

I think bonkers would be a lay persons view-I would think something a bit more sinister.

L
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 30, 2011, 04:02:54 am »

Pope Benedict's Interfaith Outreach
As a cardinal, Joseph Ratzinger was skeptical about a 'common concept of God.'

In this Umbrian hilltop city 25 years ago, Buddhists chanted to the accompaniment of gongs and drums, Zoroastrians tended a sacred fire, and an American Indian medicine man in traditional headdress smoked a peace pipe and called down the blessings of the "Great Spirit." In a moment that produced the day's most famous image, robed leaders of the world's major religions sat side by side under a sign bearing various translations of the word "peace."

The World Day of Prayer for Peace on Oct. 27, 1986, was of one of the most remarkable events in the spectacle-filled reign of Pope John Paul II. It epitomized that pontiff's historic opening to other faiths, the legacy of which is now known as the "Spirit of Assisi."

On Thursday, some 300 religious leaders returned to the city of St. Francis to join Pope Benedict XVI in commemorating his predecessor's gesture and renewing their commitment to the cause of peace. Yet this year's event differed in several ways that reflected the current pope's distinctive approach to interreligious dialogue.

The 1986 meeting at Assisi, for all its appeal to those of other persuasions, was far from universally popular among Catholics. Among its critics was then-Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, head of the Vatican's doctrinal office, who told an interviewer that Assisi "cannot be the model" for such encounters. The cardinal later wrote that "multireligious prayer" of the kind offered there "almost inevitably leads to false interpretations, to indifference as to the content of what is believed or not believed, and thus to the dissolution of real faith."

Pope Benedict XVI with religious leaders at Saint Francis Basilica on Thursday in Assisi, Italy.

Such prayer should occur only rarely, Cardinal Ratzinger wrote, and to "make clear that there is no such thing . . . as a common concept of God or belief in God, that difference not merely exists in the realm of changing images and concepts" but in the substance of what different religions claim.

Of course, Cardinal Ratzinger is now Pope Benedict, so it was hardly surprising that this year's Assisi gathering would reflect his concerns about religious relativism. Not that everyone was on message: A Hindu swami declared that "truth is one" even though "professed in many different ways," and there were several invocations of one deity or another. Otherwise public prayer was conspicuously absent. Even this restrained display, however, was too much for the most intransigent opponents of ecumenism.

Followers of the late Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre, the ultra-traditionalist who cited the first Assisi gathering as a major factor in his decision to break with Rome in 1988, are now considering a Vatican overture that would bring an end to more than two decades of schism. Yet a statement authorized by their current leader denounced this week's event as a "dreadful blasphemy toward God as well as an occasion of scandal for all on earth."

This year's gathering did draw another group traditionally resistant to the appeal of interfaith activity: those who profess no religion at all. Among the guests chosen to speak in Assisi's Basilica of Santa Maria degli Angeli, along with the patriarch of Constantinople and the archbishop of Canterbury, was the Bulgarian-French psychoanalyst Julia Kristeva, one of four nonbelievers in attendance.

Benedict's decision to include agnostics, to whom he dedicated the conclusion of his address, was the choice most revealing of his priorities. In acknowledgment of their presence, Thursday's official program called for "reflection and/or prayer," and the day itself was rechristened one of "reflection, dialogue and prayer." Thus at a gathering of religious leaders, worship had become optional.

This change, redefining the group as united not by faith but by the desire for peace and justice, ruled out any interpretation of their meeting as an advertisement for religious syncretism. Even more importantly, opening the dialogue to nonreligious "seekers of the truth" underscored one of the major themes of Benedict's pontificate: the need for Western culture to restore its dialogue between faith and reason, and thus to rehabilitate the concept of objective truth in the realms of metaphysics and ethics.

This audacious goal has unsettling implications for Catholicism's relations with other faiths. After all, if religion is of more than merely subjective value, and if its many varieties are not just different expressions of the same reality, it follows that some religions are truer than others. And Benedict has never hidden his conviction of where the truth in its fullness lies.

However undiplomatic it may seem in certain contexts, Benedict's emphasis on objective truth is, by his lights, essential to the agenda for which he prayed in Assisi. As he told a European ambassador last week, social justice is based on norms accessible to all, derived not from divine revelation but from "reason and nature"—that is, from "universally applicable principles that are as real as the physical elements of the natural environment."

http://online.wsj.com/article_email/SB10001424052970203554104576655260189888354-lMyQjAxMTAxMDIwOTEyNDkyWj.html?mod=wsj_share_email
Report Spam   Logged

akfools
« Reply #108 on: November 11, 2011, 11:46:03 pm »

Pope meets with Holy Land rabbi, imam, Druse

VATICAN CITY (AP) — A delegation of Muslim, Christian, Jewish and Druse religious leaders in Israel met Thursday with Pope Benedict XVI in a high-profile display of their efforts to promote interfaith peace initiatives in the region.

The Council of Religious Leaders in Israel was created in 2007 in Jerusalem to bring together Christian, Muslim and Jewish leaders in Israel to raise awareness about the need for interfaith dialogue and cooperation in the Holy Land.

The audience with the pope was designed in part to boost the profile of the council, which counts among its members representatives of Israel's Islamic, or Sharia courts.

Sheik Kiwan Mohamad, who heads an association of some 500 imams in Israel, said the fact that the council exists was proof that people of different faiths can live together peacefully, even amid the political unrest in the Middle East.

"Islam is a religion of peace that loves life and condemns any act in the name of religion against the very principles of the religion," he said. "The people who act in this way are selfish; they do so for themselves and out of personal motives and interests."

Israeli chief rabbi Yonah Metzger praised the "historic" nature of the audience with the German-born pope and noted that it fell on the anniversary of the Kristallnacht, the Nazi's 1938 anti-Jewish pogrom which left 91 Jews dead, damaged more than 1,000 synagogues and left some 7,500 Jewish businesses ransacked and looted.

"We, the religious leaders of the Holy Land, have come to prove once and for all that we can live in peace," he told the pope.

Benedict has long promoted interfaith dialogue and two weeks ago invited some 30 religious leaders from around the world to take part in a pilgrimage to Assisi, commemorating the 25th anniversary of a similar prayer day for peace hosted by Pope John Paul II.

He welcomed the council members and urged them to continue working to "foster a climate of trust and dialogue" among all leaders of the region.

Sheikh Muaffaq Tarif, leader of Israel's Druze community, said he hoped Thursday's audience would serve as an example to leaders around the world. The Druse religion is a secretive offshoot of Islam; the Druse within Israel are well integrated into society, serving as ministers, lawmakers and army generals.

While the council is represented by most of the main faiths present in the Holy Land, including the Anglican Church, there is no Greek Orthodox representation due to Orthodox-Catholic tensions, council members said.

In addition, the two most significant Islamic groups in Israel aren't represented: the conservative Southern Islamic Movement and its more radical breakaway stepchild, the Northern Islamic Movement. It's not clear how large either group is, but between them, they represent a fair indicator of popular religious Muslim sentiment in Israel.

http://news.yahoo.com/pope-meets-holy-land-rabbi-imam-druse-171510262.html
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 27, 2011, 11:59:01 am »

How the Interfaith Church will start its Pogram. Just how will the 1 world religion get rid of all the "fundamentalists".

First 21 min. deals with this.

Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 27, 2011, 07:49:20 pm »

^^^

Saw this video a couple of years ago - not the world's biggest fan of Billy Crone, however, he made a very good presentation of the OWR here, and it's playing out almost exactly as he described it.

First we had 9/11, and the NWO went after the fundie Muslims, then after some time passed, they have warred against the true born again believers(ie-the whole Purpose Driven/Emergent movement was one of the ways).

It seems like today, if you take a literal interpretation on any passage of scripture, you will somehow be labeled as a coo-coo, or at the very least they will almost immediately respond how you misinterpreted it. But no worries, as our trust should be on the Lord Jesus Christ.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 18, 2012, 09:34:28 pm »

http://www.gcmwatch.com/8455/episcopal-bishop-demonic-vision-of-a-new-world-religion

Episcopal Bishop’s Demonic Vision of a New World Religion

by shofarsound

The Episcopal Church has a history of heading down the fast road of apostasy. Their acceptance of homosexuality, abortion, witchcraft, and its departure from biblical Christianity  has led it into the ecumenical movement of interfaith and the one-world false religious system. Retired Bishop William Swing has a vision of forming a United Nation for Religion which would result in a one world religion.

more
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 23, 2012, 07:36:16 pm »

Holy Land Christians strive for unity

Unity has often proved elusive, especially for the many Christian denominations represented in Jerusalem.

While all Christians may be united in faith, they are typically divided by doctrine. So fierce are those doctrinal divisions at times that they erupt into physical confrontations, such as the annual inter-denominational scuffle during the ceremony marking the Miracle of the Holy Fire on Easter Eve at the Church of the Holy Sepulcher in Jerusalem's Old City. Opponents of the Church like to point to such conflagrations and the divisions that spawn them in order to criticize our faith.

But too often overlooked are genuine efforts toward unity, like the upcoming Week of Prayer for Christian Unity in Jerusalem. From January 22-29, members of various Christian denominations from Catholics to Orthodox Christians to Anglicans to Protestants will visit one another's churches and pray together.

rest: http://www.jpost.com/Travel/Jerusalem/Article.aspx?id=254650&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 26, 2012, 02:44:21 pm »

24 Presbyterian Church (USA) Leaders Sign Letter of Reconciliation

A group of 24 leaders in the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) recently signed a letter seeking reconciliation between the mainline denomination and a conservative breakaway group.

Signers are calling on Presbyterian leaders to "build bridges" with disaffected congregations and urging those thinking about leaving the PC(USA) to "slow down and recognize that there are several viable signs of unity."

The letter, released last week, originated with the Rev. Paul Watermulder, who serves as pastor of First Presbyterian Church of Burlingame, Calif.

"The presidents of our PCUSAUSA seminaries are considering the issues this letter raises and will individually respond in their own ways sometime after their meeting next week," said Watermulder in an interview with The Christian Post.

"We ask you to put aside whatever slights, wounds, misunderstandings and injustices may have been felt in the past. We ask you to become even more creative in finding ways where none before were seen to exist."

REST: http://www.christianpost.com/news/24-presbyterian-church-usa-leaders-sign-letter-of-reconciliation-67954/?utm
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 30, 2012, 12:37:19 pm »

A bold experiment in church unity

More than a half-century ago, A. W. Tozer wrote: “It is too bad that anything so obvious should need to be said at this late date, but from all appearances, we Christians have about forgotten the lesson so carefully taught by Paul: God’s servants are not to be competitors, but co-workers.”

That lesson has not quite been forgotten. This February, pastors and their churches in Coldwater, Michigan and the surrounding area will join in a cooperative venture they are calling “Bold Faith Initiative.”

Twenty-two churches are participating. That is remarkable, in light of the fact the chamber of commerce lists just over 50 churches in this county of 47,000 people.

Participating churches come from a variety of ecclesiastical traditions. Some are mainline denominations dubbed “liberal” in the media. Other are conservative evangelical churches. Some are charismatic or Pentecostal.  Some worship from a set liturgy, while others are more extemporaneous.

During the month-long campaign, pastors will preach on the same texts and themes each week in their various churches. A daily devotional guide, co-written by 11 different pastors, will address the themes of bold faith, prayer, obedience and sacrifice. The area ministerial will also host a blog site where participants can share their “bold faith” stories.

Church members will have the option of wearing a green wristband as a reminder to be bold in their expression of faith and to pray for fellow-believers to do the same. The wristbands will help them recognize those fellow-believers in grocery stores and restaurants, at the dentist office and the gas station.

This initiative takes seriously Jesus’ prayer that his church might “be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you [God] sent me.” And it does so without making the mistake that so many ecumenical efforts have made: promoting unity at the price of trivializing doctrine.

The churches involved don’t need anyone to remind them that they have doctrinal differences. They do not pretend that these disagreements are unimportant, but they recognize that – whatever their differences – they share a commitment to, and life from, Jesus Christ the Lord.

This is one of the chief benefits of the initiative. Believers discover that they are not alone. Christians from different denominations and faith traditions recognize that they share a common devotion to Christ and his work, and are therefore connected to each other. This connection is what is meant by the biblical word “fellowship.”

rest: http://www.thedailyreporter.com/newsnow/x430728447/A-bold-experiment-in-church-unity?utm
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 14, 2012, 08:44:32 am »

Miami’s ONE Conference Unites Christians from 200 Local Churches

Shocked

What happened in Miami this past weekend was once considered impossible in South Florida.

Stepping out in radical faith, a group of forward-thinking Christian leaders in the local area brought together Christians from 200 churches of different denominations across Greater Miami to worship God at the ONE Conference, which was held at the BankUnited Center on the campus of the University of Miami.

The city’s charismatics, Pentecostals and Spirit-sensitive evangelicals joined with traditional Baptists, Presbyterians, Methodists and other Christian denominations under a common vision brought forward by Pedro Garcia, senior pastor of Calvary Chapel Kendall: Unite as Christians to ignite a passion for Jesus in order to impact the world for the glory of God.

Rich Wilkerson Jr., young adult pastor at Trinity Church in Miami, said, “The devil is not afraid of a big church, but he is afraid of a united church.”

Putting aside theological differences between different denominations, the crowd of approximately 6,000 people shared a common focus on Jesus Christ.

The three-day conference was the first of its kind in Miami, mixing teachings from more than a dozen well-known Christian speakers (local and from outside South Florida) as well as worship music by Hillsong United, Dominic Balli and the Rebel Band.

Each speaker challenged the body of Christ in Miami to rise to a higher level of experiencing God and making a greater difference in the world out of a spirit of unity.

“Let’s stop letting people talk us out of living and believing biblically,” said Francis Chan, author of the best-selling books Crazy Love and Forgotten God. “We have to fight to live biblically when other people are telling us to live comfortably. For generations, we preached safe Christianity. That’s not Jesus.”

rest: http://www.charismanews.com/us/32822-miamis-one-conference-unites-christians-from-200-local-churches

Each speaker challenged the body of Christ in Miami to rise to a higher level of experiencing God and making a greater difference in the world out of a spirit of unity.

What is that? spirit of unity? We all called to seperate our selves.

“Let’s stop letting people talk us out of living and believing biblically,”

That is so funny, 200 different churches... How many speak in toungues and dance up and down the aisles? How many were catholic?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 08:46:43 am by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #116 on: February 14, 2012, 05:02:36 pm »

And we know good and well Caesar will eventually tire of the whole religious thing and rein them in under the UN religion standards, that of course doesn't allow discrimination. These kinds of "inter-faith" gatherings are just tune-ups for people to get use to the idea of ignoring sound doctrine and accepting everybody, no matter what they believe or don't believe.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 14, 2012, 05:55:19 pm »

Huh Didn't Jesus make it clear that believing the name of Jesus Christ being the Son of God, shedding his blood on the cross for our sins, and his RESURRECTION gives you ETERNAL LIFE?

Whatever these people want to make up... Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 04, 2012, 02:34:49 pm »

Prayer service promotes Christian unity
Catholic, Orthodox and Protestant followers gather to strengthen ties

About a dozen religious leaders gathered with Cardinal Francis George on the steps of St. Hedwig Catholic Church on Sunday evening to pose for a picture that could symbolize the goal they had come to promote: Christian unity.

The clergy and about 150 congregants came to the Polish parish for Chicago's 12th annual ecumenical prayer service for Christian unity. It was organized by Ecumenism Metro Chicago, a coalition of Christian communities, in an effort to deepen relationships among members of varying Christian traditions.

"Jesus said if we are not one, the world will not believe," said George, who has previously talked about the need for the Roman Catholic Church to work with other denominations. "We have an obligation to be a united witness."

Jesus also said, Ephesians 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

The challenges to unity among Christian faith traditions are their differing perspectives on religious doctrine and discipleship, George said. Questions of sexual morality and social justice also continue to divide Christians, he said.

Sunday's service was a continuation of the worldwide Week of Prayer for Christian Unity that usually takes place in January.

At St. Hedwig, about 100 people from Roman Catholic, Orthodox and mainline Protestant denominations gathered for a mixer in which they talked in small groups about what made their religious experiences different, their relationship with other Christian traditions and the necessity for of interfaith dialogue.

Denise Renken, 59, who is Catholic, said divisions among Christian denominations are fading.

"I have found the parishes are a little more welcoming now. Before, if someone new walked in, it was like you don't belong here," Renken said. "To me, the Roman Catholic faith is what I believe in, (but) I have no problem with someone believing in something else."

John Sandors, 73, who is Greek Orthodox, said Christian unity doesn't have to come at the expense of pride in individual Christian traditions. "If you don't praise your own house, it will fall down," he said. "You should be proud of who you are."

Bishop Demetrios of Mokissos, who also is Greek Orthodox, gave the homily at the service. He said that while diversity is healthy for the Christian faith, Christians are called to love one another regardless of their differences.

"This love for one another is often difficult," he said "(But) it's possible because God first loved us."

The bishop added that churches should allow God's "transformative" power to heal divisions among various Christian factions.

"If we are open to being moved by the spirit ... our lives with one another will change and change for the better."

The Rev. Amos Oladipo, who is Methodist, said the fact that the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity is celebrated the same week asMartin Luther King Jr. Dayis fitting. "It reminds us to promote reconciliation among races as well as churches," he said.

Toward the end of the service, the attendees exchanged edible wafers as a symbolic gesture of unity. Then, the clergy in robes as colorful and as different as their religious traditions led the congregants out of the church.

"This is a start. It's all of us working together toward unity," said Michael Terrien, who works for the Archdiocese of Chicago and helped organize the event. "That's what's happening now, and we can continue that."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-cardinal-prayer-service-20120604,0,1862719.story?utm
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 02:37:52 pm by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 19, 2012, 11:07:22 am »

National Association of Evangelicals Proposes Code of Ethics for Pastors

The Story: The National Association of Evangelicals is urging pastors to seek a common moral ground by uniting under a consistent code of ethics, reports the Religion News Service.

The Background: A team of ethicists, pastors, and denominational leaders worked over an 18-month span to complete the Code of Ethics for Pastors. The code includes five primary admonitions: pursue integrity, be trustworthy, seek purity, embrace accountability, and facilitate fairness.

"In some ways it's the Wild West out there in terms of the context of preparation for ministry in the evangelical world," says David P. Gushee, a professor of Christian ethics and director of the Center for Theology and Public Life at Mercer University. "Any effort to raise the moral bar and establish a minimal set of expectations for clergy --- or any profession --- is a very good thing."

Why It Matters: A NAE survey taken in March found that 71 percent of evangelical leaders are not required to sign a formal code of ethics. "For many churches and Christian organizations, there are unspoken rules, or guidelines, for ethical behavior," said Leith Anderson, NAE President. "The problem with unspoken rules is that no one has agreed to a standard. That yields many missed expectations."

While some denominations have formal code of ethics, they "tend to be truncated in scope or overly legalistic and rule specific," says Luder Whitlock, who chaired a drafting committee for a National Association. As Whitlock recently told Christianity Today, "Years ago we realized we needed to outline financial accountability for organizations, so the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability came about."

Whitlock adds, "Strangely, no one has done the same for clergy's ethical behavior. Everyone kept assuming, 'We know what's right. People know it, why don't they do it?' But really, when you have a world that's swirling with change like ours and so few people know the Bible well, it's all the more imperative to come up with something like this."

http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/tgc/2012/06/18/national-association-of-evangelicals-proposes-code-of-ethics-for-pastors/
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: