End Times and Current Events
March 29, 2024, 08:29:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

"California Hospital Uses RFID To Track Infants"

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "California Hospital Uses RFID To Track Infants"  (Read 771 times)
Kilika
« on: May 12, 2011, 06:10:37 am »

I was motived to do a little search into hospitals that have RFID programs in place as a result of my wife telling me of a person who's newborn was chipped by the hospital without informing the mother, and the mother is apparently looking to retain a lawyer. This is the second person that my wife has heard of, one locally, that has had this happen to their child.

But here's the real kicker; this recent case, a relative of my wife's co-worker I think, says the hospital told her the newborn is under state medical coverage, and for the child to continue on state medical coverage, the chip must remain, or she can elect to withdraw from the medical coverage and the chip would be removed. Seeing this relates to a state government, I asked my wife to find out which state, and thus I'm now looking into what state medical plans have RFID programs.

Notice also the other articles on that page.

http://www.ihealthbeat.org/Articles/2006/11/2/California-Hospital-Uses-RFID-To-Track-Infants.aspx?topic=Patient%20Safety

Thursday, November 02, 2006

California Hospital Uses RFID To Track Infants

John F. Kennedy Memorial Hospital in Indio, Calif., is one of more than 80 California health care facilities that tracks newborns with radio frequency identification technology, the Riverside Press-Enterprise reports.

The hospital uses computerized ankle tags to track the infants throughout the hospital and prevent child abductions. The computer system, which was purchased in 2003 for $26,000, also alerts staff if a child has been removed from the maternity ward.

Other hospitals nationwide -- including Arrowhead Regional Medical Center in Colton, Calif. -- will implant tracking chips in some patients as part of a pilot program. RFID chips "will allow us to access medical information," said Arrowhead Regional spokesperson Jorge Valencia, adding, "It has nothing to do with the identification of an individual."

RFID critics say the technology could lead to abuse without government oversight. California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger (R) vetoed a bill that would have allowed government agencies to regulate RFID systems, the Press-Enterprise reports (Hines, Riverside Press-Enterprise, 10/30).

Read more: http://www.ihealthbeat.org/Articles/2006/11/2/California-Hospital-Uses-RFID-To-Track-Infants.aspx?topic=Patient%20Safety#ixzz1M8OlspzA

http://www.redorbit.com/news/health/949021/verichip_corporation_sells_its_1300th_infant_protection_system/index.html

VeriChip Corporation Sells Its 1,300th Infant Protection System

Posted on: Tuesday, 29 May 2007, 09:00 CDT

VeriChip Corporation (Nasdaq:CHIP), a provider of RFID systems for healthcare and patient-related needs, announced today that it now has more than 1,300 RFID-based systems for the protection of newborn infants and pediatric patients installed in hospitals. This is led by systems sold under the HUGS® brand. In the first quarter of 2007, the number of infant protection systems sold by VeriChip increased 14 percent, while the number of infant protection systems sold to new customers increased 28 percent compared to the first quarter of 2006.

"We continue to solidify our position as the leading providing of infant protection systems in North America, and I am very proud of our progress this quarter and overall," said Scott R. Silverman, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of VeriChip. "We believe our strong presence in hospitals throughout the country and our proven relationships with distributors give us an advantage as we expand the infrastructure of our VeriMed Patient Identification System."

VeriChip's infant protection systems are designed prevent infant abductions and inadvertent child mismatchings. The main component of the systems is a wearable RFID tag that is assigned to child and mother following birth. Monitors positioned throughout the hospital detect the integrity of the tags and location of the child. If a newborn is removed from the ward, if the tag is lifted from the baby's skin or if the ankle strap is compromised, the system immediately triggers an alarm, alerting hospital security to the situation.

The VeriChip infant protection systems guard against mismatching events by affixing matching RFID tags to mother and child. If the mother is given the wrong child, the RFID tag detects the mismatch and activates an audible alarm.

(cont.)
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 06:34:14 am »

i dont mind the little bracelets around the wrist and ankles, to ensure safety and that your getting the right baby, but injecting a chip is way over the line. We also have a law like that here in Ohio, that the State will pick up extra days in the Hospital for free. When our son was born my insurance would only pay for 2 days after birth, and the State picked up the 3rd day.
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Kilika
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 02:19:21 pm »

I think after 2 days, me and the family would have been out of there, if we had even gone in the first place. But then I checked myself out of the hospital in less than 24 hours both times I had a heart attack. First one I had a stint put in, the second just angioplasty to clear the stint they put in the first time.

As soon as they said I could get out of the bed and move around I was out of there. The doctor didn't like that, but God told me to trust Him and not the doctor, so I compromised with the hospital and stayed long enough for the IV was done and I was able to get up. I told them I can lay around at home much better and cut the hospital costs to boot.

I did tell the doctors that if God wants me, he will take me, no matter where I am, so having me stay just because they wanted to make sure the femeral artery site didn't bleed wasn't good enough reason according to my faith. I told the doctor he did his job in telling me to stay and I was well aware of the risks they claimed, then I signed the papers and out I went.

Now I just have to fully resolve why I went to the hospital in the first place, which I went mainly because of my wife, who has worked in cardiology and knew the first time I was having a problem seeing me breakout in a massive sweat. The second time she wasn't home and I drove myself to the hospital. That freaked everybody out! Grin

"...the just shall live by faith"
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 02:43:22 pm »

Hos 4:6  My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge:

I dont have a problem with modern medicine that is actual biological procedures.  I have really really high blood pressure. Now the Lord will take me when he wants, no doubt about that, but i believe by taking the medicine i lower the chances of having a heart attack, or popping an artery or something and living life really difficulty.
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 02:52:55 pm »

For years to this day, if I have a headache, I take two extra strength Tylanol and it goes away. Thank God. We all must be persuaded in our own minds and be thankful.

Like I said, my wife works for a big medical office as one of the lead Medical Assistants and has worked cardiology, so I'm sure she would be curious to know what's going on with that blood pressure. I take Plavix and some aspirin, but I don't always remember to do so, but I have no way of knowing if that medicine is doing anything at all. They say it's to thin out the blood to reduce the chance of a blockage. I have to say, I do seem to have thick blood according to most medical people who have seen it. When I take the Plavix and aspirin, my blood does run thinner, so God knows. I have no way of verifying really the blockage was actually there int he first place. So it's still by faith.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 03:00:50 pm »

well i was up to 184,  Grin never knew it. But i did notice that i was developing headaches and a ringing in the ear that i thought i was developing tinitus or what ever that ringing thing is. Well its also a symptom of high blood pressure. So im on Triamterene and Atenolol, and the pressure is doen around 130 now and the headaches are gone and the ringing is gone. so...  but still yes, we live by faith. and i do forget to take the stuff all the time.  Angry  Cheesy Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 04:09:01 pm »

24   O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? 
25   I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin. 
Romans 7:24,25 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: