End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 05:51:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Why can't I worship Devil Bands?

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why can't I worship Devil Bands?  (Read 7375 times)
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2011, 03:27:09 am »

Hi metaldrew,

i just want to say you may have this desire to reach the lost people out there which is right and commendable but if you go and act like the world and just say you win them over to being Christians in your view then what are you going to do once these people are saved are you still going to do metal music? and what if these converts that you have reject metal because they say it is demonic, would you listen to them?
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2011, 06:29:41 am »

As I said, you were not forced to come here,

Nor were you forced to even read anything here.

Nor were you forced to post anything here.

Then again, maybe he was led here in order to learn some truth about the music industry.
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
metaldrew

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2011, 10:22:45 am »

First off, I don't listen to "bubblegum top 40" never have never will. I listen to real metal bands, not hard rock bands which is mostly what you listed. I know who Edgar Winter is, not my style...

Why do people always insist that metal is childish and you will grow out of it?? That is a very broad and sweeping statement which is entirely unfounded. And if I am showing my age, then you are definitely showing yours. You have a biased self-righteous attitude that most old, Southern or Independent Baptist do, and I can just about guarantee you that not only are you against metal, but anyone with long hair, baggy clothes, tattoos, who drinks or smokes, and reads anything besides the KJV am I right??

Dude, trust me I am not a wannabe, I know that "most" metal is about being angry, however there is a lot of Christian metal that is not angry, the music is still upbeat and loud and crazy, but it doesn't have to be angry, it can just be loud and crazy, which is ok I promise... And I have been to well over 40 metal concerts, real metal concerts, I think that maybe YOU don't know what metal is since you posted system of a down, limp bizkit and kiss... None of which are metal, in fact no one you said really is besides Black Sabbath, and Metallica...

How can a phrase make you look like an unbeliever?? That makes no sense. If you are a believer then YOU would be well served to stop telling others how to live

Now why don't you get off your high horse, stop being so judgmental, and you learn how to talk to people of all ages with respect...

P.S I have 1 Corinthians 13 tattooed on my arm

To Christian40... I am not acting like the world. And yes I will definitely still listen to metal music, do you listen to music just to reach people?? Of course not, why would I stop?? And if they reject metal music they will reject the secular kind, and even if they reject all kinds, then that's fine, that's their decision, I am not trying to force anyone to listen to it, just to realize it's not demonic...

And to dok... I have yet to learn any "truth" about the music industry, just a lot of opinions and conspiracies...
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2011, 10:40:41 am »

And to dok... I have yet to learn any "truth" about the music industry, just a lot of opinions and conspiracies...

If you were to watch those videos you would. Its not a conspiracy. Its a fact.

and you promote that like its something to be proud of? to show off and ecourage others to do the same? do you treat it like a badge of honor?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 10:42:29 am by Dok » Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2011, 10:44:32 am »

yep, nothing wrong with this band, nothing demonic about them. There is zero occultic symbolism here.  Roll Eyes

Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2011, 10:58:53 am »

Texas In July - 1000 Lies Lyrics

One heart beating,

to the footsteps stomping on the ground,

this is where I belong.

Finally,

I've become the person I've wanted to be,

it's taken me a long time.

But,

this is how it goes,

and I'm learning quickly,

to surround myself with those,

who value me,

and are proud of me.

This is what fate has led me to,

standing on my in front of all of you,

precious, memories,

I remember them like it was yesterday.

Rise, and look at the man in the mirror,

he is the one that knows you'll follow through.

This is what I've become,

all on my own,

I knew that I could do it all along,

1000 lies, 1000 times,

you told me that I would never make it.

These are the voices from your heart,

nothing is less then what you make it,

Follow them, follow them,

these are the voices from your heart.

Well now, just a random song of theirs i picked. Lets look here. Where is Jesus? not here but what is? all on my own, I knew that I could do it all along, wow!! A little prideful there. What does Jesus tell us to do?

Pro 3:5   Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 
Pro 3:6   In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. 

hmmm, lets look at just what the Bible says about the Human heart, as the song implies to listen to the "voices" from the heart?

Gen 6:5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man [was] great in the earth, and [that] every imagination of the thoughts of his heart [was] only evil continually. 

Jer 17:9 The heart [is] deceitful above all [things], and desperately wicked: who can know it? 

Mat 15:19   For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, 

I think we get the point here. There is even more here with the "man in the mirror" but whats the point. This was just 1 random song i picked. And lets not forget this band raised money for a pro-abortion site. A place that likes to murder babies. come on man...

Please watch this series,
SECULAR MUSIC UNMASKED
http://endtimesandcurrentevents.freesmfhosting.com/index.php/topic,2975.0.html

Its in 22 small parts and well worth the time. You are being deceived and lied to, and the Lord will allow it because you are choosing it.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 11:01:11 am by Dok » Report Spam   Logged

metaldrew

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2011, 11:34:23 am »

I will say again, i have watched it, I knew about it before you showed me, and I disagree, it is not true and it is a lot of conservatives saying what they believe... And it's not facts at all

And I am proud of my tattoos, there is nothing wrong with them, and I wear my ink proudly for Jesus...

Your right, nothing wrong or demonic about the band at all, And the artwork is explained more (through the other panels in the booklet) that the scene kid on the front is struggling with life and such, and he finally comes to the realization that the One Reality is God (hence him looking to the Heavens) and the hands are his struggles trying to pull him back down...

First off you are just taking bits and pieces of the lyrics, and that is how you are interpreting them, here are some of their other lyrics...

There is a conviction,
when you believe above,
absence leaks from inside,
and brings you back to life again,
I fear an emptiness,
so I just seek the truth,
then I just find myself,
coming back to you.

Lord please guide us through our struggles tonight,
let your presence be known here alongside of us throughout
this time,
let us know why we are here tonight,
it's for a purpose,
a certain reason,
allow our hearts to know that we are here because of our love for
the faith and what we do together as one, as well as for you lord,
Hebrews 11:6 "But without faith it is impossible to please him,
for he who comes to God must believe that he is,
and that he is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him."

No greater love,
there is no greater love.

Lord bind our souls as one,

Let your presence be known.

Father I'm here to pray in your name,
please push me in the direction of what is best for me,
give me the strength to believe, trust, and forgive,
but more importantly father I need you to rid me of my
fears and sins,
my feelings and actions are not hidden from you,
I ask for forgiveness in my time of need,
so you can see me through to things that I need,
and that's love and happiness it's all I'll ever need,
and with you by my side it will never leave.

Yeah not christian lyrics at all, right??

And look at this song and compare the verses, I think we do get the point here. They are a great influence and have positive lyrics, which you are just ignoring. For the last time, I HAVE watched the videos, I don't agree with them and I am not being lied and deceived to, however you are and I pray that God will open your heart...
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2011, 11:43:49 am »

wow.. No shame... I pray the Lord removes the scales from your eyes and lets you see the deception that you are under.

You might want to listen to this,
Tattoo’s, Body Modification & Piercing Exposed!
http://endtimesandcurrentevents.freesmfhosting.com/index.php/topic,3563.0.html

Some how i doubt your pride will let you.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2011, 11:54:34 am »

Rat poison is 99% good food, its that 1% that is going to kill you. Its the same with this band, they could put out 99 great God fearing songs, and 1 that is bad. Like we have above. Even the devils fear God.

Jam 2:19   Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. 

They might put out good songs, so what. its the others that are the problem. Just look at that album cover! Dear Lord rebuke that band.

Gal 5:9   A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump. 

And that is what you have here. That tiny little bit that ruins that whole thing. You are being lied to, open your eyes and see the truth before its to late. This band is no good and their fruits are bearing that out, and look at how it is affecting you?

Pro 16:18   Pride [goeth] before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall. 

Report Spam   Logged

metaldrew

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2011, 12:22:48 pm »

Of course I don't have shame, there is nothing wrong with tattoos, and I won't look at that because its from Contendingfortruth, a site I have serious issues with... You should be ashamed because you are judging against people, something Jesus never did, he loved everyone, and for your information  there is nothing in the NT about tattoos, and alot of Christians believe that Jesus had a tattoo, so yeah... I pray that God will let the scales fall from your eyes and you will be able to actually love people instead of judging them on appearance... Somehow I doubt your pride will let you though

Again there is nothing wrong with the band, you pointed out nothing and proved nothing except you know how to twist lyrics around to fit your agenda

There is nothing wrong with the album cover. Dear Lord please let that band flourish and prosper, while they are reaching people for You!!!

You are being lied to my friend, these videos and these people are conservative people that only want people that conform to their personal beliefs to be saved, no one else, please let your eyes be opened before it is too late, and you are too old and bitter to turn to love...
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2011, 12:38:16 pm »

Judging? My friend we are to judge all things. http://endtimesandcurrentevents.freesmfhosting.com/index.php/topic,483.msg13071.html#msg13071

I won't look at that because its from Contendingfortruth

Pro 18:13   He that answereth a matter before he heareth [it], it [is] folly and shame unto him. 

So your content on your own knowledge. You know what is best for you and you alone. Where have i heard that before? You need to be careful there.

Gen 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, 

Again there is nothing wrong with the band, you pointed out nothing and proved nothing except you know how to twist lyrics around to fit your agenda

I proved beyond a reasonable doubt with their demonic album cover filled with occultic symbols and their lyrics. What elese do i need? Would you eat the rat poison also? its mostly good food.

You have deceived yourself. And it is your choice to continue in that delusion.
Report Spam   Logged

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2011, 12:41:54 pm »

Look - this is from my experiences - I at one time was a frequent listener of Amy Grant, Bob Carlise(sp), Ron Kenoiley(sp, the guy that did the song "Jesus is Alive"), Jars of Clay, etc...however, once I started listen to traditional gospel hymn music, it was as if a BIG weight has been lifted off of my shoulders.

The Contemporary Christian Rock et al is no different from secular rock music - when I was listening to these contemporary Christian rock music, it was as if even more of worldly burdens were being layed on my soul. For example, the Amy Grant music was no different from the rhythm and beat/vain lyric repetitiveness you hear in any typical secular rock music, ditto Bob Carlise. And I when I checked more in depth of that "Jesus is Alive" song Ron Kenoiley did(and it's sung in many churches every Easter), that too was full of repetitive lyrics and rhythm/beats. And just to throw this out there too, Kenoiley endorsed that anti-Christian/New Age bible version The Message(which was rewritten by one man, Eugene Peterson, who is a New Ager, but et yet, mainline Christianity somehow has embraced this version, including the SBC I believe).

We're telling you this b/c we don't want to offend you, but we're telling you this in love and truth. Like I said in one of the previous posts, when someone pointed out Isaiah 14:12, and how the NIV omitted Lucifer and referenced Jesus Christ instead, I was FLOORED. It was as if my stomach just fell through the roof. And I can't tell you how many times I've been rebunked throughout my lifetime, and many times since I've gotten saved. None of us here are "world class" Christians AT ALL, we are FAR from it. We are all speaking from our experiences. Personally, I was incredibly messed up for years. Praise the Lord I never ended up in jail. Yeah, I was that bad!

As for your question on the Illuminati in a previous post - just think about this for a moment...no matter what President gets elected, and what party(Democrat or Republican) controls Congress, don't you find it odd how things just end up getting worse and worse, no matter how bad things get, and "the next guy" promises "change"? But en yet the "next guy" just does the same things the previous guy does? But en yet, every election year the country gets duped into believing they HAVE TO VOTE for such and such candidate?(ie-you have the "religious right" blokes bullying everyone into voting Republican, and on the other spectrum you have the Jesse Jackson/Al Sharpton types bullying you into voting Democrat)

Those youtube videos we posted earlier in the thread would be a good start to learn about the Illuminati - yes, there's a "shadow government" that's pulling the strings behind the curtain, with Lucifer being the very head.
Report Spam   Logged
metaldrew

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2011, 01:05:57 pm »

You are really a modern day pharisee, you are a hypocrite!!! You even quoted "Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment" (John 7:24). However you do not adhere to it...

The verse you quoted has nothing to do with me, I did judge before I did my research, I have looked at that site extensively, and I disagree with its principles and ideas, how is that being prideful?? And yes I am confident on my knowledge of the BIBLE to know when people are being snakes like the people on the website contendingfortruth...

You proved nothing about the band. It is what YOU interpret to be a demonic symbol, nothing more. I disagree with you...

You may be eating the rat food that poisons your mind to hate and judge everyone different than you. I choose to partake in the food of the Word...

Bornagain2.. You also have been lied to by these websites "claiming to know all these secrets". They are pushing their own personal agendas on you, and that may be good enough for you, but it means nothing to me, I would rather form my opinions from the Bible.

I already rebuked your argument about Isaiah 4:12, maybe you should read the whole post before you post a response. I love the NIV and I believe it is superior to the KJV.

You are being dragged along by nothing more than a conspiracy theory about the Illuminati. You talk about all your life experiences, why don't you use them to open your eyes and stop being so naive?? You have nothing bu a lot of "claims" no proof, no evidence, you have nothing... There is no shadow government, I can't believe some people actually  believe this kind of stuff...
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2011, 01:06:51 pm »

Sex, Etc. and Texas in July means pro-abortion in PA
As a Christian and a pro-life advocate from time to time it comes to one's attention that not all which purports itself to be Christian is authentically Christ centered. Such an example is the so-called "Christian" metal group from Lancaster, PA who call themselves "Texas in July". Recently the group took up as part of a tour for the benefit of the website "Sex, etc." The premise of the site is "sex education for teens, by teens". The site, plainly speaking, takes up any number of themes which are clearly not Christian in tone. For instance, the sites forums address such issues as masturbati0n techniques, the merits of anal sex, graphic discussions about genitalia, the use of p0rnography in sex, homosexuality/transgender issues, advice on birth control for minors and not least, disucssions about sex between minors and adults, aka, statutory ****. Most notable is the websites outright support of abortion and America's largest abortion provider, Planned Parenthood.

Sex, etc. is not a marginal website. At 9AM eastern time at the time of this writing the site had varyingly 600-1000 visitors. "Texas in July" has more than 24,000 followers on Facebook alone and their fans have been turning out in great numbers online to support the band. The group for their part released a statement on Facebook stating that they do not support abortion and are at a loss for the "hurtful" things that are being said about them. The real question at hand is whether or not any group or organization can call itself Christian and still by extension endorse America's largest provider of abortion. None of the afore mentioned forum topics on Sex, etc. are things which any Christian group with any legitimacy could endorse, propose or excuse. Understandably people are concerned not about who listens to what kind of music, but about what kind of example is being set by members of a group who bill themselves as a Christian music act.

Clearly Texas in July has the right to perfom any kind of music they want to whatever audience they choose. This is not a question of free speech or artistic sensorship. People are rightfully concerned however that through music, which has the power to inspire, inform, motivate and to cause change, has by virtue of the public stand taken by it's creators, the power to tacitally approve abortion, which is so clearly in opposition to the Christian message. In these confused and often violent times in which we live, it is important that the Christian seal of approval be an authentic one. The followers of Texas in July on Facebook and their concert goers are largely younger members of our society, a great many who are teens, who are most deeply touched by the concerns of birth control, sexuality and the impact of legalized abortion. That they should be given a message, not only in contrast, but in direct opposition to the Christ's message of life, is deeply troubling.

Consider that this website even has a link, called Sex in the States, which provides a click-on map to research the various state laws so teens can learn where birth control and abortion can be attained without parental consent. This is virtually custom made for the off the book practices that Lila Rose and Live Action have exposed showing Planned Parenthood counselors advising teens to cross state lines for abortions. By supporting Sex, etc. they have become little more than a surrogate for Planned Parenthood and other abortion providers. In the post Kermit Gosnell America of dubious abortion referrals in the name of "health care" this can be not only an un-Christian proposition, but conceivably and potentially dangerous one. Parents need to beware of others who are either negligent of their childrens welfare or do not truly have their best interests at heart. The right to artistic expression does not include attaching the name of Jesus Christ to one's own uninformed or poorly formed value systems. Texas in July, a Christian metal band? Let the buyer beware.

http://rightsoftheunborn.blogspot.com/2011/05/sex-etc-and-texas-in-july-means-pro.html
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 01:08:23 pm by Dok » Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2011, 01:11:56 pm »

You are really a modern day pharisee, you are a hypocrite!!! You even quoted "Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment" (John 7:24). However you do not adhere to it...

The verse you quoted has nothing to do with me, I did judge before I did my research, I have looked at that site extensively, and I disagree with its principles and ideas, how is that being prideful?? And yes I am confident on my knowledge of the BIBLE to know when people are being snakes like the people on the website contendingfortruth...

You proved nothing about the band. It is what YOU interpret to be a demonic symbol, nothing more. I disagree with you...

You may be eating the rat food that poisons your mind to hate and judge everyone different than you. I choose to partake in the food of the Word...

and you are a very angry person, wonder where that comes from? Sorry friend but we are to Judge everything, if you read that post you would have understood, but again you are going on what makes you feel better than what Gods Word has to say.

I proved beyond a reasonable doubt the bands demonic beliefs and the fruits you partake in. Again its your choice, no ones forcing you, you have willing chosen all you do.
Report Spam   Logged

akfools
« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2011, 01:19:53 pm »

Pro 12:1    ¶    Whoso loveth instruction loveth knowledge: but he that hateth reproof [is] brutish.
Report Spam   Logged
akfools
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2011, 01:24:52 pm »

Pro 12:15         The way of a fool [is] right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel [is] wise.

Pro 12:23         A prudent man concealeth knowledge: but the heart of fools proclaimeth foolishness.

Psa 1:1    Blessed [is] the man  that walketh  not in the counsel of the ungodly , nor standeth  in the way of sinners , nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2011, 01:31:53 pm »

Would Texas in July Support a Group that Promoted Killing 3yr Olds?

http://www.starstuddedsuperstep.com/2011/05/would-texas-in-july-support-a-group-that-promoted-killing-3yr-olds/

Thats a big article with lots of links.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2011, 01:57:05 pm »

I just went through all the lyrics of all the songs this band has done. The Name of Jesus was mentioned 0 times. Thats right, not once. And after reading that trash i really question how anyone can call this a Christian band.  Shocked

One Reality (2011)

Introduction lyrics
Magnolia lyrics
1000 Lies lyrics
Dreamer lyrics
Dying World lyrics
No Greater Love lyrics
May lyrics
Our Freedom lyrics
Cyclops lyrics
Pretender lyrics
One Reality lyrics
 I Am (2009)

Introduction lyrics
It's Not My First Rodeo lyrics
Elements lyrics
Lancaster lyrics
Hook, Line And Sinner lyrics
I Am Yours lyrics
Aurora lyrics
Page One lyrics
Reflections lyrics
Satellites lyrics
Father Time lyrics
A Fair Fight lyrics

Salt Of The Earth - EP (2008)

Hook, Line And Sinner lyrics
Dressed For War lyrics
Show Some Pride lyrics
There's Talk Of Strange Folk Abroad lyrics
Reflections lyrics
 Non-Album Songs Lyrics

Fight Fair lyrics
Uncivilized lyrics

Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2011, 03:27:16 pm »

There is a conviction,
when you believe above,
absence leaks from inside,
and brings you back to life again,
I fear an emptiness,
so I just seek the truth,
then I just find myself,
coming back to you.

Lord please guide us through our struggles tonight,
let your presence be known here alongside of us throughout
this time,
let us know why we are here tonight,
it's for a purpose,
a certain reason,
allow our hearts to know that we are here because of our love for
the faith and what we do together as one, as well as for you lord,

No greater love,

Let your presence be known.

Father I'm here to pray in your name,
please push me in the direction of what is best for me,
give me the strength to believe, trust, and forgive,
but more importantly father I need you to rid me of my
fears and sins,
my feelings and actions are not hidden from you,
I ask for forgiveness in my time of need,
so you can see me through to things that I need,
and that's love and happiness it's all I'll ever need,
and with you by my side it will never leave.

Yeah not christian lyrics at all, right??

And look at this song and compare the verses, I think we do get the point here. They are a great influence and have positive lyrics, which you are just ignoring. For the last time, I HAVE watched the videos, I don't agree with them and I am not being lied and deceived to, however you are and I pray that God will open your heart...

Just to use your same analogy.

Slaves
Hebrews born to serve, to the pharaoh
Heed
To his every word, live in fear
Faith
Of the unknown one, the deliverer
Wait
Something must be done, four hundred years

So let it be written
So let it be done
I'm sent here by the chosen one
So let it be written
So let it be done
To kill the first born pharaoh's son
I'm creeping death

Now
Let my people go, land of Chosen
Go
I will be with thee, bush of fire
Blood
Running red and strong down the Nile
Plague
Darkness three days long, hail to fire

So let it be written
So let it be done
So let it be written
So let it be done
I'm creeping death

Die by my hand
I creep across the land
Killing first-born man
Die by my hand
I creep across the land
Killing first-born man

I
Rule the midnight air, the destroyer
Born
I shall soon be there, deadly mass
I
Creep the steps and floor, final darkness
Blood
Lamb blood painted door, I shall pass

So let it be written
So let it be done
So let it be written
So let it be done
I'm creeping death
these are also by a Christian Metal Band.  I mean it has a Biblical theme to it, its about a story in the Bible, the band must be Christian.  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

metaldrew

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2011, 03:35:58 pm »

First off, I like how you changed the title of the topic, I think a better one would be, "Does Jesus hate people that are different too?" Because there is a clear amount of disgust coming from all of you...

I have already that article, but you seem intent to have me read things multiple times... The article proves nothing like it was said in the article "“[Texas in July is] probably wondering why fellow Christians and pro-lifers are attacking them. I believe this situation calls for grace over finger pointing. Let’s support them and make the best of this situation.”" They are not playing to support abortion, or to kill 3 yr. olds that is just a blatantly obvious false statement, one only a very foolish person would make.

You are again wrong about the judging thing, but I guess you like to ignore scripture huh?? I feel you are in grave danger of twisting scripture and committing blasphemy, you really need to learn to open your heart and repent...

Yet again, you have proved nothing, there is nothing demonic about them, you are just wrong. Plain and simple... wrong

Already talked about that ridiculous article...

Again, you are proven a liar.. You went through titles, not the lyrics, the ones I posted earlier clearly not only mention God's name, but quote a Bible verse, but maybe that's not "Christian" enough for you... I really question how anyone CAN"T call this a Christian band Shocked

And yes they are Christian bands, you have yet to prove how they aren't... Why don't you try old man??
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 03:37:36 pm by metaldrew » Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2011, 03:46:15 pm »

The title fits. I doubt if this band is Christian at all. I did read through ALL of their lyrics. Jesus was mentioned 0 times. Almost all of the songs have nothing to do with Jesus or the Bible, and tend to be on the darker side of things. I really do question if any of them are Christian. As i do not see it in their lyrics at all. And as i posted above the lyrics to Metallicas Creeping Death, does that song make them a Christian band?

Your angry, i get it. You need to see where that anger comes from. Are you willing to give up this kind of music? Jesus said to give up everything and follow him, or is this just to much for you and you'll be like Demas?

Seriously friend, watch that series of videos. Not the Hells Bells ones. The other. Open your eyes so you can see.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 12, 2011, 03:47:38 pm »

Why don't you try old man??

im not that old, but thanx.

Pro 18:13   He that answereth a matter before he heareth [it], it [is] folly and shame unto him. 
Report Spam   Logged

metaldrew

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 12, 2011, 04:01:32 pm »

The title is misleading and false, however most of the info that ya'll are providing is too, so I guess it works...

Are you really that blind??

No greater love,

Does it have to say Jesus to be a Christian band?? If you think so you are sadly mistaken. They are not on the darker side of things, they are actually really positive, but I guess again you are just turning a blind eye to it.

I am not angry, I am frustrated with people that don't live like Jesus like yourself, you are judgmental and bitter... And I am following Jesus, Jesus preached love, not hate, I believe that you are the one in danger of not following Him, are you willing to turn from your ways, or will you be like all the other hypocrites that flood Christianity??

And if you are not old, I am even more sorry for someone that is young and so stuck in their pitiful and wrong ways
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 12, 2011, 04:09:39 pm »

i dont know what else to say. Your choice enjoy.
Report Spam   Logged

metaldrew

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 12, 2011, 04:11:34 pm »

Agree to disagree, no hard feelings, just love like Jesus  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 12, 2011, 04:12:50 pm »

i can agree on that.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #87 on: November 12, 2011, 04:53:40 pm »

First off, I don't listen to "bubblegum top 40" never have never will. I listen to real metal bands, not hard rock bands which is mostly what you listed. I know who Edgar Winter is, not my style...

Why do people always insist that metal is childish and you will grow out of it?? That is a very broad and sweeping statement which is entirely unfounded. And if I am showing my age, then you are definitely showing yours. You have a biased self-righteous attitude that most old, Southern or Independent Baptist do, and I can just about guarantee you that not only are you against metal, but anyone with long hair, baggy clothes, tattoos, who drinks or smokes, and reads anything besides the KJV am I right??

Dude, trust me I am not a wannabe, I know that "most" metal is about being angry, however there is a lot of Christian metal that is not angry, the music is still upbeat and loud and crazy, but it doesn't have to be angry, it can just be loud and crazy, which is ok I promise... And I have been to well over 40 metal concerts, real metal concerts, I think that maybe YOU don't know what metal is since you posted system of a down, limp bizkit and kiss... None of which are metal, in fact no one you said really is besides Black Sabbath, and Metallica...

How can a phrase make you look like an unbeliever?? That makes no sense. If you are a believer then YOU would be well served to stop telling others how to live

Now why don't you get off your high horse, stop being so judgmental, and you learn how to talk to people of all ages with respect...

I didn't think I was saying anyone but Black Sabbath and Metalica was metal. I thought I acknowledged the others are hard rock/classic rock. And I honestly hesitated to say they are true metal bands being som commericalized, but though i don't remember bands names, I did my share of listening to that style music.

Now here is why SOME people say kids grow out of listening to metal...because as you get old, things slow down, you want to slow down and not be in such a rush all the time and full of energy. Eventually, if you can imagine it, what you listen to now, will become rather loud and bothersome for any length of time as you get older. Your music tastes WILL soften. As you grow in Christ and older in age, your attitude and general mood will change to wanting peaceful surroundings. Metal is just too loud and agrressive. We are to be humble and meek, not loud and aggresive. Besides, if you think you can save people through music, your wrong. Jesus saves people, all we do is plant and water. We cannot choose to run out into the world and start preaching to people to save them, to "win souls for Jesus". It does'nt work that way. Salvation comes to those who ask God for it, not to whom we share it with. Does that make sense?

WE don't decide when people need to hear the Word. God does. Otherwise, it would be a case of man telling God when and where to save people and do good works, and I know that is not how it is. We are moved by the Spirit, not because the church pews are empty.

When we are young, we are mesmorized by all the sounds of life, but as we get older, it becomes nothing but noise that we seek to avoid. We can't hear the sounds of God's creation when man is making a bunch of noise!

We also are compelled by scripture to seek evey man another's wealth, not our own. Seek what's of faith and edifying.

Sorry, I just see nothing joyful in metal styled music. But whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
Report Spam   Logged
metaldrew

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 12, 2011, 05:23:21 pm »

The only thing I will say is that I never said music can save people, obviously only Jesus can save, but I do think music can be of the seed, but that's just me... And maybe I will grow out of it, but you can't tell me that I WILL grow out of it, you just can't, but it's not a big deal...
Report Spam   Logged
B4Real

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 12, 2011, 06:06:37 pm »

This is so STUPID to even debate. DUH DUH DUH do you just want an argument DOK? Ban metaldrew, he is a divider. He isn't KJV only. I joined this forum not to get in STUPID debate over DUH issues. DUH metal  is of SATAN. We are trying to talk about if Little House on Prairie and space alien frogs are christian. This guy needs to go to any other christian forum out there, they all will be anti-christs with him
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: