End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 09:17:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Why can't I worship Devil Bands?

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why can't I worship Devil Bands?  (Read 7380 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2011, 06:55:10 pm »

This is so STUPID to even debate. DUH DUH DUH do you just want an argument DOK? Ban metaldrew, he is a divider. He isn't KJV only. I joined this forum not to get in STUPID debate over DUH issues. DUH metal  is of SATAN. We are trying to talk about if Little House on Prairie and space alien frogs are christian. This guy needs to go to any other christian forum out there, they all will be anti-christs with him

Shocked kind of harsh arent ya?

2Ti 3:16  All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17  That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

do you get it now?
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 12, 2011, 07:03:36 pm »

You know, what gripes me with Christians(not all, but some) that are around me is that when "new" things come up in today's church(ie-Leadership conferences hosted by the Emergent Church), and I point out the errors of them, their responses are like, "But times have changed".

Again, if something was rejected in the church 50 years ago and way before that, WHY is it all of a sudden embraced with full arms? Same with the xmas issue - the Pilgrims and Puritans didn't celebrate it(and their kids were in school on 12/25), and early America sure didn't celebrate it either(it was actually against the law). Any encyclopedia will say xmas is a pagan holiday. So why NOW?

God sure doesn't change his mind(he's the same yesterday, today, and forever), so all of a sudden he's changing his mind NOW? Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 12, 2011, 07:07:53 pm »

You know, what gripes me with Christians(not all, but some) that are around me is that when "new" things come up in today's church(ie-Leadership conferences hosted by the Emergent Church), and I point out the errors of them, their responses are like, "But times have changed".

Again, if something was rejected in the church 50 years ago and way before that, WHY is it all of a sudden embraced with full arms? Same with the xmas issue - the Pilgrims and Puritans didn't celebrate it(and their kids were in school on 12/25), and early America sure didn't celebrate it either(it was actually against the law). Any encyclopedia will say xmas is a pagan holiday. So why NOW?

God sure doesn't change his mind(he's the same yesterday, today, and forever), so all of a sudden he's changing his mind NOW? Roll Eyes

Heb 13:8  Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
Report Spam   Logged

akfools
« Reply #93 on: November 13, 2011, 02:54:16 am »

Titus 3:10 KJV: A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 13, 2011, 03:15:13 am »

Just reading this thread, metaldrew you have just had what is called a "wake up" call.

I kind of feel sorry for you because i did like Christian rock for awhile but got over it, now you have to think about your beliefs especially in using the NIV Bible i suggest you go here:

http://www.av1611.org/niv.html

and

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Bible/1611_authorized_king_james.htm
Report Spam   Logged
metaldrew

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 13, 2011, 11:38:19 am »

Thank you, I have not had a wake-up call though. I have already read this first link, and the second one did not really say anything that I haven't heard... Did ya'll know at one time the KJV was rejected in the church?? I just say this because you say that Jesus doesn't change, however you hold the KJV as the only really Bible, yet at one time it was viewed as heresy?? I just feel like there is a double standard, however that is just my view, and as me and Dok have agreed, we just agree to disagree on the whole metal issue...
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 13, 2011, 12:07:34 pm »

Did ya'll know at one time the KJV was rejected in the church??

Which church? a building? the Catholic church? The KJB was fully accepted by the Church, the body of Christ. it was only rejected by the Catholic, hense the reason they made a new Bible through Westcott and Hort.
Report Spam   Logged

metaldrew

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 13, 2011, 08:56:59 pm »

"In fact, some 80% of the KJV was copied from the Geneva Bible. It is clear, then, that the KJV really was ‘just another English translation’, excellent when it was written (specially considering the limited number of manuscripts available at that time) but still ‘just a translation’ – just like the NIV and other modern Bibles... I wonder if the Christians who used the Geneva Bible of 1560 complained loudly about the “heretical new KJV Bible” when it was first introduced?"

Again, this is just some of the things I believe, if you don't it's no big deal
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #98 on: November 14, 2011, 01:25:57 am »

Again, this is just something I've researched, it's no big deal...

King James Bible history
http://endtimesandcurrentevents.freesmfhosting.com/index.php/topic,38.0.html
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 14, 2011, 03:16:58 am »

I wonder if the Christians who used the Geneva Bible of 1560 complained loudly about the “heretical new KJV Bible” when it was first introduced?"

There is no historical record that anyone that read the Geneva Bible complained about the King James Bible from what i have read. What is there to complain about? Once they read it they would have realized that it is a pretty good read.

The Geneva Bible came about from persecuted English Christians in Geneva, Switzerland, the King James Bible came about so that the English would have there own superior English Bible for the British Empire. There were many more scholars available for the King James Version and i'm sure those that read the KJV knew that it had much better quality.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 14, 2011, 08:41:28 am »

"In fact, some 80% of the KJV was copied from the Geneva Bible. It is clear, then, that the KJV really was ‘just another English translation’, excellent when it was written (specially considering the limited number of manuscripts available at that time) but still ‘just a translation’ – just like the NIV and other modern Bibles... I wonder if the Christians who used the Geneva Bible of 1560 complained loudly about the “heretical new KJV Bible” when it was first introduced?"

Again, this is just some of the things I believe, if you don't it's no big deal

Thats not quite true. The Whole KJB was translated out of the TR. Much of it corresponded to the Geneva. A lot didnt. Also the people that used the Geneva gave the up for the KJB.

if you would like to know how all of this played out watch this doc.

Lamp In The Dark:Untold History of the Bible ~ Full Documentary
Report Spam   Logged

pavelow

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 14, 2011, 08:46:16 am »

I'm certainly not on the "Christian rock is of the devil" bandwagon, there are some groups out there that truly worship Jesus in their music. Go and listen to the video Dok posted the other day of Jeremy Camp's "the way". No doubt Jeremy is on fire for his Lord and Savior, and it shows in his lyrics!
But when I read lyrics like this:
"Father I'm here to pray in your name,
please push me in the direction of what is best for me"
There is no doubt what their music is all about...and their fruit is rotten.
Report Spam   Logged

Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for He hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. Heb 13:5
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 14, 2011, 08:58:00 am »

there are very few msm "christian" songs i like. The Way by Jeremy Camp comes across as very Christian. I also line Andrew Mcleod, But i do not believe at all that this band, Texas in July is Christian at all. And i do not see how this kind of music is edifying or even a joyful noise.
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 23, 2011, 08:04:40 am »

Please read "Inside Rock Music", which Bryan Denlinger at kingjamesvideoministries.com mails out for free by request.

It is a FASCINATING read over how all of this has been deliberate, and meant to pollute the minds of our youth since the 50's. It started out as secular rock, and then many years later opened the door for "Christian rock".
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 23, 2011, 08:11:48 am »

is it a book, phamphlet what?
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 26, 2011, 05:23:53 pm »

is it a book, phamphlet what?

Sorry, didn't see this reply b/c when I got my new PC on Thurs after a 3 day hiatus, there were so many unread posts since my last visit that I ended up overlooking this one.

Yes, it's a book(no, it's not written by Bryan, FYI) - it's about 180 pages, but it's a fairly quick read, albeit a fascinating one. Just go to Bryan's site to email him, and he will send you one for free.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: