End Times and Current Events
April 19, 2024, 09:44:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Catholic School Celebrates 'Year of Lady Gaga'

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Catholic School Celebrates 'Year of Lady Gaga'  (Read 187 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« on: May 04, 2014, 06:44:16 am »

Catholic School Celebrates 'Year of Lady Gaga'

Cheesy Well they are the Wh0re of Babylon

Buyer beware those promising a "Catholic education."

Saint Mary's Institute is the Catholic grade school in my wife's New York hometown, Amsterdam. It is affiliated with Saint Mary's Catholic Church, whose pastor Rev. John Medwid pens the opening to the Saint Mary's Institute annual newsletter.

"In September at the opening Mass I officially announced that this was going to be the Year of Our Lady at SMI," the letter began.

How nice. Except that's not what he wrote. There was someone else he had in mind to honor besides the Virgin Mary.

"In September at the opening Mass I officially announced that this was going to be the Year of Lady Gaga at SMI."

That's what he proclaimed. Apparently during mass, too. Why Lady Gaga? Was every other living or dead female or male on planet Earth or anywhere else unavailable? The answer, he explains, is "complex," which is a euphemism for scandalous.

First, he writes, "many people may not realize that Lady Gaga is the product of Catholic education." (To which the response would be: so was Hitler.) Her real name, he tells us, is Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta, as if she were some obscure Italian saint. She is a graduate of the Convent of the Sacred Heart, where — and here we're getting to the point — "she was someone who followed her own path ... It takes a great deal of courage especially for young people to blaze their own trails in life!"

Exactly which trail blazed should Catholic children find commendable?

Was it her attire during the nationally broadcast MTV Video Music Awards last year, watched by millions of children — a thong?

Was it her video earlier this year in which she simulates all manner of sexual activities while bizarrely "resurrecting" from their tombs Michael Jackson, Mahatma Gandhi and — maybe this was it? — Jesus Christ?

Was it her song "Judas" in which she proclaims: "I'm still in love with Judas, baby. Jesus is my virtue," but "Judas is the demon that I cling to"?

Was it how she constantly promotes gay themes in her music and bashes the military for its treatment of gays? Or maybe she's a trailblazer of another sort.

Speaking at a gay-left dinner in 2011, President Barack Obama began by joking, "I took a trip out to California last week, where I held some productive bilateral talks with your leader, Lady Gaga."

Medwid's second reason for having a Catholic grade school honor Lady Gaga is also vague. It is "to highlight her immense creativity."

Was Medwid impressed when Lady Gaga said of Pope Benedict XVI, "What the Pope thinks of being gay does not matter to the world"?

Maybe it was the video "Alejandro" he found so immensely creative. In it she dressed in a nun's habit, swallowed a rosary and engaged in simulated erotic activities with her male backup dancers. As the Catholic League's Bill Donohue put it, Lady Gaga "has now become the new poster girl for American decadence and Catholic bashing."

Maybe it was her "Marry the Night" music video in which she depicts herself having an abortion.

Maybe it was the song she deliberately released on Christmas Day, "Stuck on F—-in You" (and no, nothing's edited in the song).

Maybe it's other creative talents grade school children can admire. A couple of years ago Lady Gaga released a new fragrance called "Fame." She referred to the scent as "a very ****ty perfume." She boasted: "It was taken out of my own blood sample, so it's a sense of having me on your skin. I wanted to extract sort of the feeling and sense of blood and semen ... "

Or is it just her mind we should celebrate, as when she stated on an MTV program in 2010: "For me this evening, if we don't stand up for what we believe in, and if we don't fight for our rights pretty soon, we're going to have as much rights as the meat on our own bones. And, I'm not a piece of meat."

That statement by Lady Gaga makes just about as much sense as a supposedly Catholic grade school, bearing the highest of responsibilities - providing a moral education to children — honoring her.
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 03:48:38 pm »

Link?

As I've said here, I went to a Catholic HS in the 80's - pretty much the entire curriculum is very wicked.(ie-the "religion" classes are VERY New Age) I was a lost person then, but nonetheless even as a lost person, something just did NOT feel right.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: