End Times and Current Events
March 29, 2024, 12:56:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Biblical Support for Geocentricity/Flat Earth Fable Debunked!

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Biblical Support for Geocentricity/Flat Earth Fable Debunked!  (Read 971 times)
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2011, 07:32:22 pm »

(If the earth was moving, the rotational speed of the Earth at the equator would be about 1,038 miles per hour.)

These are a few of the many scriptures showing that the Bible is geocentric.

Psalms 93:1 "The LORD reigneth, he is clothed with majesty; the LORD is clothed with strength, wherewith he hath girded himself: the world also is stablished, that it CANNOT BE MOVED."

This verse proves geocentricism:
Joshua 10:
12 Then spake Joshua to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon.
13 And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.
14 And there was no day like that before it or after it, that the LORD hearkened unto the voice of a man: for the LORD fought for Israel.

Notice that the scriptures say the moon and the Sun stayed still, it doesn't say the Earth. A heliocentric believer would have to believe that the Earth stop rotating after going 1,038 MPH at the equator. Can you imagine the momentum this would cause? Imagine driving in a car going 120 mph and stopping instantly.

GEOCENTRICITY EXTENDED TO INCLUDE MORE VERSES:

(No one that believes in geocentricity accepts numbers 3-7 of the following proposal. This is my personal opinion.)
[THE EARTH]
1. DOES NOT ROTATE: In the beginning the earth did not spin.
2. DOES NOT ROTATE - AT THE PRESENT TIME: The earth continues standing still until midway through the tribulation period. The firmament, enclosing the sun, moon and stars, rotates daily around the earth. The firmament must rotate to exist.
3. ROTATES - LAST HALF OF TRIBULATION - Isaiah 13:13: God miraculously causes the firmament to instantly stop rotating and the earth to instantly begin rotating, to provide day and night. The world gets what it has always believed and which embarrasses God’s word. The universe is unstable.
4. DOES NOT ROTATE - MILLENNIUM - Haggai 2:6,7: The earth does not rotate and the firmament does, which is normal and stable.
5. ROTATES - SATAN LOOSED - Hebrews 12:26,27: When Satan is loosed for a season, God shakes the heavens and the earth causing the firmament to stop its daily rotation and the earth to rotate.
6. NEITHER THE FIRMAMENT NOR THE EARTH ROTATE -JUDGMENT DAY: For judgment day God again shakes the heavens and earth.. The firmament is stationary and now the earth stops.– Job 38:12,137.
7. DAY AND NIGHT ROTATES: Day and night rotates forever inside the great gulf. Luke 16:26

A celestial body coming from outer space is going to crash into the earth causing the earth to spin during the Great Tribulation.

Isaiah 13:13 says, “Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the Lord of hosts, and in the day of his fierce anger.” God is angry with the wicked and gives them heliocentrism, which they have always wanted because it embarrasses God’s word. The universe is now, not in a stable condition, it is not reality and is against God’s word. Without God’s supernatural power to hold it together, the universe would instantly vaporize.
Isaiah 2:19 says, “And they shall go into the holes of the rocks, and into the caves of the earth, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty, when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth.” The wicked try to hide from God.
Amos 1:2 says, “And he said, The Lord will roar from Zion...”
Psalm 33:9 says, “For he spake, and it was done...” As the universe was created when God spoke, surely something must have happened when He roared. There is a collision in outer space! The biggest and most colossal wreck of all time occurs in the universe. The sun and moon, which weigh next to nothing compared to the firmament; instantly hit the massive firmament.
Isaiah 30:26 - “...the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun and the light of the sun shall be seven-fold, as the light of seven days...” As in any crash that we know of, there often is an explosion and a flash of light.

a) ECCLESIASTES 1:

4 One generation passeth away...cometh, but the earth abideth for ever.
5 The sun also ariseth...goeth down
6 The wind goeth...returneth
7 All the rivers run...return again.

We are to take things in context. We know the generations, wind and rivers actually move, so the sun also literally, physically moves being carried daily around the earth by the rotating firmament. The earth absolutely is not rotating.

The Bible is openly geocentric. Genesis 15:12,17 says, “And when the sun was going down” and “when the sun went down.”

Psalms 104:19 says, “the sun knoweth his going down.”

PSALMS 50:1 , “The mighty God, even the LORD, hath spoken, and called the earth from the rising of the sun unto the going down thereof.” The earth and the sun are both mentioned together in this verse and it is the sun that is moving in relationship to a stationary non-spinning earth.

b) SON AND SUN:

Malachi 4:2 says, "But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings. "If the Sun doesn't really move (rise), then the Son hasn't risen.

Judges 9:33 says, "...as soon as the sun is up, thou shalt rise early, and set upon the city..." 'Rise' means to physically move. Every jot or letter is important (Matt. 5:18). God is saying that the sun revolves daily around the earth.

"O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen." -- 1 Timothy 6:20-21

The Geocentric Bible website: http://www.geocentricbible.com/

The Geocentric website: http://www.geocentricity.com
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 02:49:52 pm by Romans 8 » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 08:48:49 pm »

the Earth spins  Roll Eyes So does the sun, the Moon doesn't. 

Notice that the scriptures say the moon and the Sun stayed still, it doesn't say the Earth. A heliocentric believer would have to believe that the Earth stop rotating after going 1,038 MPH at the equator. Can you imagine the momentum this would cause? Imagine driving in a car going 120 mph and stopping instantly.

THAT has to be the dumbest reason for this. Seriously, this event is recorded in the history of other ancient cultures across the Earth.

http://endtimesandcurrentevents.freesmfhosting.com/index.php/topic,10071.0.html

There is a reason its called a miracle.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 08:54:47 pm by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 09:53:41 pm »

Mark, is your response to the Chris Johnson video (who has the heloecentric view), or the Sam Adams sermon (who has the geocentricity view) I posted above?

Honestly, I'm really not sure which view to take (as I'm still trying to learn this). I'm going to have to read the Joshua link tomorrow (as it's getting late here).
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 10:00:30 pm »

Mark, is your response to the Chris Johnson video (who has the heloecentric view), or the Sam Adams sermon (who has the geocentricity view) I posted above?

Honestly, I'm really not sure which view to take (as I'm still trying to learn this). I'm going to have to read the Joshua link tomorrow (as it's getting late here).

it was in response to the original post. Sam Adams believes that the Earth doesn't rotate? I am not surprised. If that is the definition he is going for. Or is he for the Earth is at the center and the sun rotates around the Earth?
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 10:07:00 pm »

it was in response to the original post. Sam Adams believes that the Earth doesn't rotate? I am not surprised. If that is the definition he is going for. Or is he for the Earth is at the center and the sun rotates around the Earth?

Yes, from the sermon I listened to tonight, that's what my understanding of what he put forth. Chris Johnson (see the video posted prior to the Adams one) has the OPPOSITE view - the sun is at the center, and the earth rotates around the sun.(which he views as the heleocentric)

Like I said, I'm a novice in terms of grasping an understanding of this issue.

Apparently, there seems to be a heated debate with this issue - I believe both Kent Hovind and Henry Morris have the heleocentric view.

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2017, 02:51:19 pm »

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=62417527160
Geocentricity: A Biblical Answer To The Flat Earth Fable
Series:  OPBC ONLINE Radio Show  · 6 of 6
6/24/2017 (SAT)
Audio: http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=62417527160
Report Spam   Logged