End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 12:40:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Israel approves MARK forerunner!!!

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Israel approves MARK forerunner!!!  (Read 3263 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2011, 07:26:52 am »

Knesset passes biometric database bill
Two-year trial period to test database before it becomes mandatory for all Israeli citizens

The Knesset on Monday adopted a bill establishing a biometric database in Israel, which will eventually lead to the replacement of regular identification with electronic IDs. Forty Mks supported the bill, 11 opposed it, and three abstained.

In addition to identification cards and passports, the database will also be designed to hold the fingerprints and visual scans of every citizen of Israel.

The bill is scheduled to be put into motion during the next few months, and a two-year trial period will then test the system by offering membership to those who desire it.

Interior Minister Eli Yishai said he would consult the Justice Ministry on where to anchor the database, whether in his own ministry or the latter.

During the trial period any citizen desiring an electronic ID card or passport will be able to join the database and receive the benefits that go along with it. Others will receive regular IDs.

A few months before the two-year period ends, ministers will have to present the results of the trial to the Knesset and its various committees. Only upon their approval will the law be put into effect, and all citizens will be included in the system.

The information in the database will be kept secret, and will therefore not be available to public scrutiny.

Critics of the bill claim no democratic country has established an obligatory biometric database. They also claim the system is prone to breaches and leaks.

MK Meir Sheetrit, who proposed the bill while serving as interior minister in 2008, claims countries such as the US keep biometric information on anyone entering the country. He also claims various experts were consulted on the issue of security, and that the system would be kept as confidential as any banking website.

"I hope the fear of change and progress will not deter MKs from supporting the bill," Sheetrit said before the vote. I know panic has been stirred by those wishing to frighten the public."

During the debate on the bill MK Nitzan Horowitz (Meretz), who opposed it, said the database was "risky, superfluous, and expensive".

He went to the stand and waved papers he said contained private details from the Interior Ministry's census. "Any child could do this; it's totally breached," he told Ynet later. "This is proof that these databases leak."

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3816629,00.html
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 07:28:32 am »

Experts: Biometric database system unsafe

Information security experts warn government's chosen storage method for information included in controversial database lacking
Zvi Singer

How vulnerable will Israel's future biometric database be? The Ministerial Committee on Biometric Applications' has come under fire Tuesday for refusing to use a highly complex storage and encryption method meant to minimize any infringement on the highly sensitive information.

The Biometric Law's guidelines, which were approved Monday, are meant to enable a pilot program for Israel's future biometric database, but experts believe that the committee's choice of encryption systems – though state-of-the-are – will still leave it vulnerable.

The point of dispute is the database's storage and encryption system. The committee debated between two systems:

The first – a system suggesting that the information be split within each file, divided into random group and stored on several servers, which would not allow various details to lead to a specific individual in case of a breach. A special encryption key would be necessary to piece together anyone's true identity.

The second – all biometric data would be stored along with an individual's regular identification details, as they exist today.

Population and Immigration Authority officials said that only a handful of people within the Biometric Administration would have access to the database, which would be under the Interior Ministry's control.

The Justice, Treasury, Homeland Security and Interior ministries, as well as the police, voiced their support for the second, simpler option; saying the first was "too complex and may impair the work of bodies in need of the information."

Minister Michael Eitan, however, scathingly criticized the choice, saying the committee's decision to ignore the recommendations of top information security experts, "Makes the pilot program into an experiment which hyperbolically endangers the citizens' right to privacy."

Prof. Eli Biham of the Computer Science Department at the Israeli Institute of Technology told Yedioth Ahronoth that the system chosen virtually begs an infringement on privacy: "Anyone who knows Israel knows that eventually, any private investigator with good connection in the police department would be able to access the database.

"Obscuring the information could stop this kind of anarchy," he said.

The Association for Civil Rights in Israel said that "The government has decided to construct its database in a perilous manner… It is clear even now that this database will grossly infringe on Israeli citizens' rights."

The Ministerial Committee on Biometric Applications' recommendations are now pending the approval of a joint Knesset Constitution, Law and Justice and Science and Technology subcommittee.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4069922,00.html
Report Spam   Logged

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 09:11:11 am »

Didn't realize the article in the OP was written in 12/2009 - so did they actually go through with the trial run?
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 09:39:09 am »

Didn't realize the article in the OP was written in 12/2009 - so did they actually go through with the trial run?

yep its in full swing
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 02:31:25 pm »

If it's fully implemented in Israel and is in the process of being done in other countries, they can still mandate it's use worlwide before all parties have it up and running once they "test" it out in certain areas, in say Israel. Is there any other country in the world who has a biometric id system fully active already and mandating it's citizens use it? I think it more than chance that it be Israel to implement such a system before any other country.

But what I keep asking to remember is that this "mark" is implemented in scripture, as I understand it, some time after the Antichrist is revealed. Which means fromt he point of mandating it, we would need to go back in the timeline to find where we are now, and prophecy says the Antichrist appears before the mark system is mandated. We also need to look at what else takes place prior, which to me seems like a lot of tribulation. One could say we have that right now, and it has signs of getting worse, and definately the potential for things coming unglued is there.

Doesn't scripture say this Antichrist presents himself as a saviour of the world's problems? That means there needs to be some really messed up conditions for such a figure to even be considered as a solution to the world's tribulations.

"And in his estate shall stand up a vile person, to whom they shall not give the honour of the kingdom: but he shall come in peaceably, and obtain the kingdom by flatteries." Daniel 11:21 (KJB)

If this particular verse relates to the Antichrist, then it would appear this vile creature is already on the scene working his flatteries in a sea of deceived people.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 05:42:24 pm »

Kilika, so are you saying that verse you posted could imply that this OWG dictator is ALREADY on the scene, but hasn't revealed himself yet?

No, I'm not trying to start yet-another "Is Obama the antichrist?" discussion, FWIW.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 04:12:58 am »

Notice that I said "If this particular verse..."

I'm not convinced the prophecies of Daniel even apply to the end times. That's why I said "If" and also said "then it would appear". I'm merely making a guess as I don't pretend to know the end times prophecies.

It just seems to me that for some person to step on to the world scene and offer to solve the world's problems, there would need to be some really big problems present first, and so far, things aren't as bad as I believe they will get before the Antichrist shows up.

And I also think this Antichrist will have been raised up like any human, and not just suddenly appear out of the pit of hell one day.

So, the answer to your question would be possibly. I just think it seems tht verse suggests this person will be present and mingling among men before he reveals himself as some public figure. I don't think the verse says he's on scene of itself, but that it says there will be a run up to the big reveal. I don't see this character making big waves politically or anything, but appear to be just another person that quietly makes their way up the corporate ladder so to speak while noone really notices.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 08:43:42 am »

Kilika, have you ever seen that Anthony Michael Hall cable tv show "The Dead Zone"?(Dunno if it's still on the air, but watched some of the episodes almost 10 years ago)

At one time during its run, there was a young, hot shot, charismatic handsome looking man that just came out of nowhere to run for Congress in the northeast(and won the seat). People around him were dying mysteriously, and even Hall's character had no clue what was going on(ie-Hall played a character that got disabled in a freak car accident, only to receive these psychic powers to solve crimes). And it was only shortly after this mysterious figure won the Congressional seat that he rose to be Vice President.

While Hall could figure nothing out, he nonetheless had recurring visions of asteroids hitting the House of Congress.

No, I don't recommend this show for the reason being it's centered around witchcraft(which Hall's character has), but nonetheless as we all know, Hollywood is runned by Satan, and they like to telegraph their punches ahead of time. If anything, this show hinted that this mysterious figure will rise as the OWG antichrist sometime during the show's run.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 01:14:50 pm »

No, I didn't watch the show, though I know of it. That storyline sounds like Obama. When was that episode?
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2011, 01:25:07 pm »

No, I didn't watch the show, though I know of it. That storyline sounds like Obama. When was that episode?

I remember I started watching it in 2002, but I believe it was in 2003 when they incorporated this in the plotline. Like said above, I found this interesting b/c it went as far as bewitching the main character with the witchcraft powers(as well as his preacher friend). I stopped watching the show around 2004 or so, but I believe this part went on as a secondary subplot for awhile(at least until I quit watching it).

FWIW, this character was caucasion. Also, the reruns may be on one of the obscure cable channels.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2011, 01:37:29 pm »

Yeah, "telegraphing their punches". That's an appropriate way to describe it. I think the antichrist spirit is arrogant enough to put out information that "foretells" of what they are going to do. So movies aren't "what if" type storylines so much as "this is what we plan for you" type presentation.

Commercials too aren't always presenting an exaggerated scenario to hype a product so much as I think the product is many times irrelevant to the storyline and imaging they present in the commercial itself. The product being sold is like an excuse to put out propaganda in sound bites in effect. Consider the latest commercials that "poke fun" at the airport scanners and the TSA.

I see those commercials as not mocking the government for their stupid intrusive system, but mocking the viewers of the commercials, showing them how their lives are in the world. It's all part of the antichrist attitude to mock and lie to people, to desensitize the public and condition them to think a certain way.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2011, 01:50:00 pm »

Yeah, "telegraphing their punches". That's an appropriate way to describe it. I think the antichrist spirit is arrogant enough to put out information that "foretells" of what they are going to do. So movies aren't "what if" type storylines so much as "this is what we plan for you" type presentation.

Commercials too aren't always presenting an exaggerated scenario to hype a product so much as I think the product is many times irrelevant to the storyline and imaging they present in the commercial itself. The product being sold is like an excuse to put out propaganda in sound bites in effect. Consider the latest commercials that "poke fun" at the airport scanners and the TSA.

I see those commercials as not mocking the government for their stupid intrusive system, but mocking the viewers of the commercials, showing them how their lives are in the world. It's all part of the antichrist attitude to mock and lie to people, to desensitize the public and condition them to think a certain way.

Also, look how subtlely they attack Christians in these products - like said above, Hall's character's close friend was a preacher(played by MASH's David Odgen Stiers). For one, what the heck is a preaching doing being a close friend of someone with demonic, witchcraft powers? And two, there was a scene in there where this preacher had a face to face meeting with this mysterious figure, and they ended up befriending each other. Shouldn't decent preachers have at least some decent discernment?

Also, wasn't it only 2 years ago when Stiers "came out of the closet"?
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2013, 08:32:03 am »

Israel Wants National Biometric ID System Fully In Place By 2015 Blood Moons

Israel began the first stage of a pilot program for a biometric database of identity cards and passports that will be fully operational by 2015, officials said. Addressing fears of invasion of privacy, Interior Minister Gideon Sa'ar said Monday the system complies "with the highest standards of information security and safeguard[s ] privacy. I recommend that all Israeli citizens take part in the pilot and choose a smart ID," Haaretz quoted him as saying. The pilot program was introduced in the cities of Rishon Lezion and Ashdod Monday, and in Herzliya and Kfar Saba Tuesday. It will run on a voluntary basis for two years before becoming compulsory, the paper said. By the end of the month, citizens across the country will be able to apply for biometric identity cards and passports.

http://www.upi.com/Science_News/Technology/2013/07/09/Israel-goes-biometric-for-IDs/UPI-83401373366600/

Big Brother Atmosphere At Israel's Biometric Roll-Out

Outside the offices, several demonstrators were protesting, including my friend Yonatan Klinger, who is obsessive about the issue. You’d have to be pretty passionate to drive to a rally in Rishon Letzion in the afternoon heat. Klinger was busy preparing a poster that read, “Don’t join the expeiment” − without an “r.” As an objective journalist, I didn’t point out the spelling mistake. In the Interior Ministry hall, photographers gathered around Revital Green, the photogenic director of personnel, who was posing giving her fingerprint. Her ministry friends were enthusiastically photographing the photographers photographing her. “Of course I’m excited, I’ve already issued myself an ID,” said Odelia Shtefal, an outgoing official. “It’s a safer ID. The public is enthusiastic. Many ask when they can get one. I believe 90 percent of the public will agree.”
http://www.haaretz.com/misc/article-print-page/big-brother-atmosphere-at-israel-s-biometric-roll-out.premium-1.534664?trailingPath=2.169%2C2.216%2C2.218%2C
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 08:33:49 am by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2013, 04:06:32 am »

You might want to dig a bit deeper into this story! It's more ugly than it appears. You left out this part...

The Interior Ministry’s attitude toward critics of the biometric database seemed to be more or less: Grow up. When the journalists raised questions, Interior Minister Gideon Sa’ar criticized the journalists’ critical questions, saying they seemed more like opinion.

Klinger warns me that if Israel goes ahead with the project, it will be the only country in the world with a compulsory national biometric database. But my new pal Yoram raises the winning argument: terror. The London 2005 terrorist had four real passports, he says.

On the other hand, there was one thing I clearly learned from the press conference. As enthusiastic as all the speakers were, if there is a leak, nobody will take responsibility. One of the excited low-level officials will be fired.

Sa’ar stressed that going ahead with the program wasn’t his call, but the Knesset’s. When asked if the system is 100 percent leak-proof, he said, “I can’t promise, but I can promise the best minds are being employed.”

Notice this person, Interior Minister Gideon Sa'ar...

http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/interior-minister-gideon-sa-ar-weds-journalist-geula-even.premium-1.524497

Seems that the minister's complaints about journalists isn't what it appears! The Israeli government is in bed with their media too, just like in the US!

Interior Minister Gideon Sa’ar and news anchor Geula Even were married on Thursday evening at a private home in north Tel Aviv. The couple announced their plans to wed two weeks ago, and shortly thereafter it was revealed that Even, 40, is pregnant.

The small wedding, which was held at the home of the senior communications advisor Tal Silberstein, was attended by only 60 guests. The rabbi of the Western Wall, Shmuel Rabinovitch, officiated at the ceremony. The Prime Minister's Bureau Chief of Staff, Gil Sheffer, conveyed the greetings of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and his wife, Sara. Senior journalist Shimon Schiffer of Yedioth Ahronoth was in attendance as well.

Other guests included the head of Army Radio, Yaron Dekel; Israel Broadcasting Authority journalist Yigal Ravid; and Cabinet Secretary Zvi Hauser.

The couple began dating at the end of 2012. In March, Even announced that she was in an "intense and personal" relationship with Sa'ar, who served as the education minister at the time. The televised disclosure, which was made during the Channel 1 show "Hamusaf," preceded a news item about Sa'ar.

Sa'ar, who has previously been married for over 20 years, has two children aged 15 and 20. Even, has also been previously married for two decades, has three children, aged seven, 13 and 16.   

Doesn't change what the secular Israeli government is doing to implement the mark system, but it does show that the players are all one and the same cabal.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2013, 08:31:55 am »

Will Israel Be The World's First 'No Cash' Society?

The government on Tuesday authorized establishment of a committee that will examine ways to eliminate cash from the Israeli economy – the better to prevent citizens from cheating on their taxes. The committee will be chaired by Harel Locker, director of the Prime Minister's Office.

Cash is easily passed from individual to individual, and transactions using cash can take place without the tax man's supervision. Not so electronic transactions; with modern computers, banks can keep tabs on how much people deposit into their accounts and how much they withdraw, while credit card companies have an up to the second record of how much people spend.

Members of the panel will include top staff from the Israel Police, the Tax Authority, the chairman of the Government Authority on Money Laundering and Terror, the Bank of Israel's income and payments director, State Attorney's office officials, and more.

According to many of these officials, cash is bad – because it allows individuals to get out of their tax payment responsibilities. Today, an enterprising tax collector cannot easily compare income and outflow. While he may suspect that a person living beyond his reported means is cheating on his taxes, there is no way to know for sure, without solid evidence. In a cashless economy, all records will be electronic, and checking who makes what and how much they owe in taxes – and collecting it before it gets to their account – will be a much simpler matter, the theory goes.

Officials in the Prime Minister's Office declared that “around the world, it is recognized that cash is a key element of the illegal economy and money laundering. It allows a wide gap between reported and actual incomes, with the corresponding effect on tax revenues.” By eliminating cash, the PMO said, “it will be possible to expand the tax base, and prevent money laundering.” The committee will study the issue from all its perspectives and make recommendations, the PMO said.

One issue the committee will be examining, the PMO said, was the imposing of administrative fees on electronic transactions, common in Israel. Whatever solutions the committee comes up with, the office said, it will ensure that individuals who have no choice in the matter will be able to make transactions in a manner that will not tack on extra expenses.

Observers said that it was hard to imagine the government succeeding in this effort. “A move like this could really weaken the economy,” said one observer. “The only thing declaring cash obsolete will do is to encourage people to use dollars or other foreign currency for financial transactions. Unless the government plans on making it illegal to hold foreign currency, there is no way to get rid of cash and the problems that go along with it.”

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/172028#.Uj2dXYYlB8H
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2014, 06:36:48 am »

200,000 Have Already Joined Israel’s Experimental Biometric Embrace Of (666) Beast Tech

According to Interior Ministry officials, during the first six months of the experimental program, 200,000 Israelis have applied for a biometric identity card and/or passport. Officials state that the fact that 50% of the visitors to ministry offices are seeking the new voluntary biometric option shows the public does trust the project and is not deterred by those warning its security risks outweigh the benefits. Applicants are photographed and their fingerprints scanned into the system. In addition, they are asked numerous questions and private information is entered into the national database, which the experts explain is stored in two different locations. This is an added safety feature as even if hackers penetrate a system, the data is encrypted and stored in part in two locations, so the hackers will not get the information they seek. The new identification card carries layers of protection, including retina scans, fingerprints, photograph and holograms.

http://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/headlines-breaking-stories/212709/200000-have-joined-israels-experimental-biometric-database.html
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2014, 06:44:51 am »

Government Plan Would Transform Israel Into The World’s First Cashless Society

Will Israel be the first cashless society on the entire planet?  A committee chaired by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s chief of staff has come up with a three phase plan to “all but do away with cash transactions in Israel”.  Individuals and businesses would still be permitted to conduct cash transactions in small amounts (at least initially), but the eventual goal is to force Israeli citizens to conduct as much business as possible using electronic forms of payment.  In fact, it has been reported that Israeli officials believe that “cash is bad” because it fuels the underground economy and allows people to avoid paying taxes.  It is hoped that requiring most transactions to be conducted in cash will reduce crime and help balance the national budget.  And once 98 or 99 percent of all transactions are cashless, it will not be difficult for the Israeli government (or any other government) to go the rest of the way and ban cash transactions altogether.  But is a cashless society actually desirable?  This is a question that people all over the world will have to start asking as governments increasingly restrict the use of cash.

Back in September, it was announced that the Israeli government had formed a committee to “examine ways to eliminate cash from the Israeli economy”…

The government on Tuesday authorized establishment of a committee that will examine ways to eliminate cash from the Israeli economy – the better to prevent citizens from cheating on their taxes. The committee will be chaired by Harel Locker, director of the Prime Minister’s Office.

This committee had the full backing of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, and some of the goals of the committee included finding ways to increase tax revenue and prevent money laundering…

Officials in the Prime Minister’s Office declared that “around the world, it is recognized that cash is a key element of the illegal economy and money laundering. It allows a wide gap between reported and actual incomes, with the corresponding effect on tax revenues.” By eliminating cash, the PMO said, “it will be possible to expand the tax base, and prevent money laundering.” The committee will study the issue from all its perspectives and make recommendations, the PMO said.

The committee has had quite a few months to examine these issues, and now they have come back with their recommendations.  Just this week we learned that a three phase plan is being proposed…

A special committee headed by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s chief of staff, Harel Locker, has recommended a three-phase plan to all but do away with cash transactions in Israel.

The motivation for examining a cash-less economy is combatting money laundering and other tax-evasion tactics, thereby maximizing potential tax collection and greatly expanding the tax base. This is important considering the enormous strain put on Israel’s national budget by the army, healthcare system and other public services.

The committee estimated that the black market represents over 20 percent of Israel’s GDP, and cash is the facilitating factor. Cash enables tax evasion, money laundering and even financing terrorism.

So what do the specifics of the plan look like?

Well, there will be very strict limits on the use of cash for individuals and businesses, any violations will be considered criminal offenses, and all Israeli banks will be required to issue debit cards to all account holders…

What the committee would like to see happen, pending government approval, is greater restriction on the use of cash, limiting the use of checks as a means of payment and exchange for cash, and promotion of the use of electronic (and therefore verifiable) means of payment.

The following guidelines were set out by the committee for the short-term:

Limit business transactions done in cash or by check to NIS 7,500 ($2,150) immediately, and reduce that further to NIS 5,000 ($1,433) one year from the date of legislation;
        Limit private transactions done in cash or by check to NIS 15,000 ($4,300);
        Any violation of these limits would be a criminal offense warranting a stiff fine.

In conjunction with these new restrictions, Israeli banks would be required to provide all account holders with debit cards to further promote electronic payments.

But of course this move toward a cashless society is not just happening in Israel.

In Sweden, it is estimated that just 3 percent of all transactions involve cash at this point.  In fact, according to an article in the Washington Post, some Swedish banks do not handle cash at all anymore…

In most Swedish cities, public buses don’t accept cash; tickets are prepaid or purchased with a cell phone text message. A small but growing number of businesses only take cards, and some bank offices — which make money on electronic transactions — have stopped handling cash altogether.

“There are towns where it isn’t at all possible anymore to enter a bank and use cash,” complains Curt Persson, chairman of Sweden’s National Pensioners’ Organization.

And the U.S. is starting to move in that direction as well.

According to a study conducted by MasterCard, approximately 80 percent of all consumer transactions in the United States are now cashless.

But isn’t there a downside to all of this?

Just about everything that we do in life involves money.  So yes, a government can track electronic payments to make sure taxes are being paid and money laundering is not happening, but it would also enable a government to do so much more.

If a government can track all of your transactions, it will essentially be able to monitor everywhere you go and pretty much keep track of virtually everything that you do.

If you doubt this, just try to live without any money some time.

You won’t get very far without putting some gas in your vehicle.

And without being able to buy food, you will get hungry pretty quickly.

Are you starting to understand?

This is why governments love the idea of moving toward a cashless society.  It would give them an immensely powerful surveillance tool.

So let us hope that this does not happen in Israel or anywhere else in the world either.

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/government-plan-would-transform-israel-into-the-worlds-first-cashless-society
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2014, 09:07:17 am »

Israeli banks Discount Bank and Bank Leumi to use biometric data to identify clients

Two major banks will soon become Israel’s first commercial institutions to use biometric data to securely authorize the identities of their clients, according to a report by Haaretz.

Earlier this week, Discount Bank announced that it will unveil in the coming weeks an iPhone application that enables clients to log into their bank accounts via biometric data.

Bank Leumi recently said it will introduce a similar application that uses fingerprint recognition to identify clients in the first quarter of 2015.

Despite Israeli banks slowly adopting biometric technology, they reportedly have no intention of installing biometric identification points at ATMs because of their expensive costs.

Meanwhile, some Israeli credit card companies are considering implementing mobile payment systems such as Apple Pay whereby customers are able to make purchases by placing their smartphones by a device at the till and scanning their fingerprint using their smartphones to confirm their identity.

The announcements come at a time when Israel’s Interior Ministry is slowly integrating biometrics, with its biometric database of citizens currently in pilot phase.

The Interior Ministry’s authority for managing the biometric database recently commissioned a survey to find out how biometric data is used by financial institutions in other countries around the world.

Previously reported, the Israel Central Bureau of Statistics released new data that shows a significant decline in the number of Israelis who have chosen to be issued biometric ID cards.

http://www.biometricupdate.com/201412/israeli-banks-discount-bank-and-bank-leumi-to-use-biometric-data-to-identify-clients
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2016, 01:54:57 pm »

ALL ISRAELIS WILL BE REQUIRED TO JOIN BIOMETRIC DATABASE STARTING IN 2017

“Israel is joining many other countries around the world which have concluded that their citizens should have smart and secure documentation. With all the attempts by various organizations to steal identities, it’s important to have a smart and reliable document,” Dery added. At the end of the ceremony he issued himself one.

INTERIOR MINISTER ARYE DERY ANNOUNCED ON THURSDAY THAT STARTING NEXT YEAR, JOINING THE BIOMETRIC DATABASE WILL BE OBLIGATORY.

“And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.” Revelation 13:16,17 (KJV)

“From now on anyone obtaining a document from the Interior Ministry, whether an ID card or a passport, will receive a biometric one. We’ve decided on having this database and we’ll soon decide what will be included in it,” Dery said at a ceremony marking the millionth person to join the biometric database, which was held at the new Population and Immigration Authority office in south Tel Aviv.

“Israel is joining many other countries around the world which have concluded that their citizens should have smart and secure documentation. With all the attempts by various organizations to steal identities, it’s important to have a smart and reliable document,” Dery added. At the end of the ceremony he issued himself one.

“I’m not sure I’m the millionth, but we’re close. I’m issuing one for myself since I don’t have one yet. It’s the right and safe thing to do – there is nothing to worry about. There is nothing more secure than this database. People can remain calm, I can say with certainty – we have a secure database. Everything we do is for the benefit of our citizens,” he declared.

During the third quarter of 2015 there was a sharp drop in the number of people signing up. Only one quarter of people taking out new documents in that period opted for biometric ones. The Population Authority released data showing that between last November and May there was a rise in these numbers, with 31 percent opting for biometric documentation.

The rate of people choosing biometric documents goes up with age, except for people who are 80 years old or older. There are gender differences, with somewhat more men who signed up during the pilot phase. Twenty-four percent of people who signed on never returned to pick them up. From August, these documents will be mailed to people for whom they were issued.

The pilot phase began in July 2013 and was supposed to end after two years. However, it was extended twice. Former Interior Minister Silvan Shalom assumed his post a month and a half before the end of the pilot, and requested more time to study the issue. The Knesset approved his request and extended the pilot by nine months, ending in March of this year.

After Shalom’s departure, Dery was appointed minister in mid-January. At his request, the Knesset again extended the pilot by nine months, until the end of 2016. Dery will have to decide in the coming months what should be done with this database. He clarified that he wouldn’t annul it but would make it compulsory to sign on. It is still unclear, however, which data will be conserved in the database. In any case, approval by the Knesset plenary is required for this move.

The main objective of the biometric database is to prevent the forging of ID cards and passports, prohibiting anyone from assuming a false identity. The database includes high-resolution facial photos and the prints of applicants’ two index fingers. By law, the biometric data is stored in a secure database with limited access. Only an encrypted code enables the linking of the data to the personal details of any person.

SENIOR INTERIOR MINISTRY OFFICIALS SAID THEY ARE NOW LOOKING AT DIFFERENT MODELS FOR THE DATABASE. ONE OPTION IS TO INCLUDE ONLY A FACIAL PHOTOGRAPH. “THAT’S A GOOD OPTION FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE RELUCTANT TO PROVIDE FINGERPRINTS, BUT ITS EFFECTIVENESS IS LOWER. FACES CHANGE OVER TIME, AND PEOPLE OFTEN CHOOSE TO WEAR HEAD COVERING WHILE TAKING THEIR PHOTOS. SUCH PASSPORTS WILL THEREFORE BE ISSUED FOR SHORTER DURATIONS. THIS WILL CAUSE PEOPLE TO BE HASSLED BY APPEARING MORE FREQUENTLY AT OUR OFFICES AS WELL AS IMPOSING A GREATER BURDEN ON OUR EMPLOYEES. ANOTHER OPTION IS TO MAKE THE PROVISION OF FINGERPRINTS COMPULSORY, BUT THIS WILL EVOKE OPPOSITION.”

In internal discussions, Dery has been looking at a third way that combines the two – in this option a facial photo will be compulsory and the fingerprints voluntary. This may encourage people to give their fingerprints. “When people learn that passports with fingerprints will be issued for longer periods of 10 years instead of three to five years without fingerprinting, most people will provide their prints.”

Opponents of the database argue that there is a high risk of sensitive information leaking out. They suggest making do with smart documents that will contain the biometric data, rather than holding it in a centralized storage site. Opponents also recommend more intense questioning by the Population Authority at the time documents are issued, to minimize the risk of identity theft.
Attorney Yehonatan Klinger, the legal adviser of the Movement for Digital Rights, says, “We claim that this database is unnecessary, since people rarely lose documents that can prove their identity. There is no need for a database that will store fingerprints – identities can be verified without this. We’ll do our utmost so that the interior minister makes the right decision and halts the establishment of this database.” source

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/israelis-will-required-join-biometric-database-starting-2017/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2016, 05:50:18 pm »

Israel Will Require All Citizens to be Biometrically Scanned

For years, Bible prophecy teachers have warned about a last days attempt to place a mark on every individual, in fulfillment of foretellings from the book of Revelation in the New Testament, but will it be the Holy Land of Israel itself that will be the forerunner to implement 'The Mark of the Beast'?

The Jersusalem Post has reported that the Interior Ministry has decided to push to make joining the national biometric database, including taking finger prints and facial recognition pictures, a requirement for all identity cards going forward.

There has been a backlash from a group called The Movement for Digital Rights.  They oppose the required 'mark' on the grounds that it invades privacy, and also opens individuals up to cyber-hacking in the future.

In 2009, the Israeli Knesset enacted the ” Inclusion of Biometric Means of Identification in Identity Documents and in an Information Database Law”, 5770-2009 (the Biometric Database Law).

The law establishes arrangements to enable identification and authentication of Israeli residents by means of including biometric data in identification documents, in a manner that will prevent forgery and the use of a different identity.

The law regulates the establishment of a biometric database, which will be managed by a dedicated and separate authority:  the Biometric Database Management Authority, and in which the biometric information will be kept in a secure and encrypted manner, separate from any other communication network, and in particular from the Population Registry. The database will not include any identifying information of the residents of Israel.

According to the law,  smart documentation – ID cards and travel documents – will  include the following biometric means and data: an image of the facial features and images of the fingerprints of both forefingers, which are means of identification intended of preventing fraud and identity theft.

The smart documentation, which includes many overt and covert security measures that cannot be forged, will provide its holder with personal security and peace of mind against document forging and against identity theft and impersonation. Other benefits include:

The smart ID card will allow its holders, should they wish to do so, to safely identify themselves online from home and save significant time and hassle when obtaining government services from government websites using a personal password (for electronic identity authentication).

The smart ID card will allow the use of certified electronic signature for those who choose it.

The new passport is at the global forefront of using sophisticated anti-counterfeit measures and is designed according to the standard of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) under the auspices of the UN.  More than one hundred countries are already issuing passports and smart electronic travel documents under this standard. The technology embedded in the new passport will enable faster travel at airports and at border crossings in Israel and in the world and will facilitate the process of border control.

How will proponents of Israel as the centerpiece of Bible prophecy respond to this news that the Holy Land may actually be the first nation to require a mark?  How can Israel be God's favored nation and implement the anti-God forerunner to 'The Mark of the Beast'?  Will Evangelical leaders call out Israel for this, or will they continue to blatantly ignore other actions, such as celebrations of homosexuality, and their apparent connections to ISIS?

- See more at: http://www.trunews.com/article/israel-to-require-citizens-to-have-biometric-mark#sthash.bygHix4n.dpuf
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: