End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 05:03:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Alabama

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alabama  (Read 2364 times)
Jshannon

View Profile WWW
« on: May 19, 2011, 04:10:19 pm »

Hello from Alabama to everyone,
I am new here but plan on staying. I dont really remember how I came across one of Dr Scotts recordings but since I heard the first one, I have been going back in the previous recordings and I felt like Ive found a church I can get behind and be proud of. It sounds just like me and my feelings. I left the Baptist church years ago and have been in many since but in everyone something is always missing and its always the same thing over and over again...everything but what people need to hear. I left the church all together and went through the "falling away" but recently its seems like God has been calling and maybe thats how I found Dr Scott's recording and site. The Lord is directing me and I just follow where he leads me.. without questioning.

Jeff
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 04:20:04 pm »

Hello and welcome..  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Kilika
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 04:34:09 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 04:39:24 pm »

Hello from Alabama to everyone,
I am new here but plan on staying. I dont really remember how I came across one of Dr Scotts recordings but since I heard the first one, I have been going back in the previous recordings and I felt like Ive found a church I can get behind and be proud of. It sounds just like me and my feelings. I left the Baptist church years ago and have been in many since but in everyone something is always missing and its always the same thing over and over again...everything but what people need to hear. I left the church all together and went through the "falling away" but recently its seems like God has been calling and maybe thats how I found Dr Scott's recording and site. The Lord is directing me and I just follow where he leads me.. without questioning.

Jeff

I was born in Huntsville, and lived there until I was 9 years old. That was a long time ago.
Report Spam   Logged
Charrington

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 12:48:35 pm »

Also my neck of the woods --- transplanted from California.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 06:30:39 pm »

I lived in Huntsville up until the time shortly after Reagan was elected.

Last I was there, it may have been one of the biggest cities in Alabama, but it really wasn't a big city. There was UAH(Univ of Hunts in AL), but other than that, mostly land and really not that big of a population. The neighborhood I was at, there was a big playground, another big playground in another part of the neighborhood...but now? When my brother went there over 10 years ago, one of the big playgrounds I mentioned here is now FILLED with HOMES/APARTMENTS(ie-no baseball field, no place to ride your bikes in, etc). So from pretty much I got from my brother, they pretty much filled up all the land in a 20 year or so space since I lived there.

Also, I remember there was a Baptist Church in town that would drive the bus around my neighborhood every Sun to pick up kids to go to their Sun school if they chose to go. I went for a couple of years. I can't remember the church, but where you are, do they do this on Sundays for kids?

BTW - I went to Woodlawn Elementary(it's been ages since I've been there, so it's not like this is super-private information I'm giving over the net). Does this school still exist?
Report Spam   Logged
Jshannon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 08:28:54 am »

Last I was there, it may have been one of the biggest cities in Alabama, but it really wasn't a big city. There was UAH(Univ of Hunts in AL), but other than that, mostly land and really not that big of a population. The neighborhood I was at, there was a big playground, another big playground in another part of the neighborhood...but now? When my brother went there over 10 years ago, one of the big playgrounds I mentioned here is now FILLED with HOMES/APARTMENTS(ie-no baseball field, no place to ride your bikes in, etc). So from pretty much I got from my brother, they pretty much filled up all the land in a 20 year or so space since I lived there.

Also, I remember there was a Baptist Church in town that would drive the bus around my neighborhood every Sun to pick up kids to go to their Sun school if they chose to go. I went for a couple of years. I can't remember the church, but where you are, do they do this on Sundays for kids?

BTW - I went to Woodlawn Elementary(it's been ages since I've been there, so it's not like this is super-private information I'm giving over the net). Does this school still exist?

I wouldnt know about that one, I am from the southeast corner of the state , Dothan
Report Spam   Logged
Jshannon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 08:29:48 am »

Coping with the heat ok ? It gets pretty hot and humid here.
Report Spam   Logged
Charrington

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 12:15:01 am »

Coping with the heat ok ? It gets pretty hot and humid here.

Ha, yeah I've been living here for over 16 years now - I tolerate the heat. This summer is killer hot. I do miss San Diego now and then but really only in the winter...
Report Spam   Logged
Charrington

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2011, 12:16:22 am »

Hmm I'm not familiar with Woodlawn Elementary -- where exactly was it located? What part of Huntspatch?
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2011, 08:06:40 am »

Hmm I'm not familiar with Woodlawn Elementary -- where exactly was it located? What part of Huntspatch?

Don't remember, although I do remember once I got out of my neighborhood, it was maybe 3 miles down one road(and I think it passed by the K-Mart).

I'm sure the last 20 or so years have changed, so maybe that K-Mart doesn't exist anymore, and for that matter too, Woodlawn was an old school, so who knows if they tore it down. And for that matter too, back way then, the movie theaters were all ordinary, which have all but changed to these megaplexes since the late 90's.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2011, 02:52:23 pm »

Hot? That's funny!

Here in Arizona (Phoenix area), where we live about a half mile from the sun, we are approaching 60 days in a row with 100+ temps. Over 15 of those have been over 110. Seen a couple days of 115.
Report Spam   Logged
Charrington

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2011, 02:52:04 pm »

Hot? That's funny!

Here in Arizona (Phoenix area), where we live about a half mile from the sun, we are approaching 60 days in a row with 100+ temps. Over 15 of those have been over 110. Seen a couple days of 115.

I've been through there - Actually have a funny story about a Phoenix cab driver named "Justin Tyme" --

I had to sit at the airport (and the AC was broken) because it was too hot for the Jets to take off the tarmac.  Very hot there ...

It's a different type of hot here (I saw lots of tee shirts saying "but it's a dry heat" in AZ) the heat index here can get very bad -- not too many days ago it was 125 and was actually hard to breath. I can't really say which one was worse they both were harsh ... 
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2011, 04:00:07 am »

125 heat index? Well sorry, but yes, your heat is definately not a dry heat!  Cheesy

Having been born and raised in Florida, I can relate though to humid heat. After living in Arizona for a few years now, I'd say I prefer it dry.

I can say that after about 105, it's just down right hot! When it's 115, it's like trying to breath in an oven. Adding any humidity makes all that much worse.

Speaking of which, we had the other day the lowest humidity reading I've seen since I moved here; 2%!
Report Spam   Logged
Charrington

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2011, 12:20:44 pm »

125 heat index? Well sorry, but yes, your heat is definately not a dry heat!  Cheesy

Having been born and raised in Florida, I can relate though to humid heat. After living in Arizona for a few years now, I'd say I prefer it dry.

I can say that after about 105, it's just down right hot! When it's 115, it's like trying to breath in an oven. Adding any humidity makes all that much worse.

Speaking of which, we had the other day the lowest humidity reading I've seen since I moved here; 2%!

Ahh so you know then...

Wow .. that is very low humidity -- still I remember that heat in AZ as being "sneaky" - it was hot but kind of sneaks up on you before you know it -- you are like "WOAH I'm on fire"! You don't realize it right away or at least I didn't --

I was born and raised in California so the weather was always very temperate - you know, 85 is hot to a Californian lol. I think they start melting at 86 ---
Report Spam   Logged
William
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2011, 06:05:47 pm »

Hot? That's funny!

Well be thankful its only reached 115!

I looked up some heat records online...

Arizona    128    53    June 29, 1994    Lake Havasu City

Califorina  134    57    July 10, 1913    Greenland Ranch (Death Valley)

136      Al 'Aziziyah, Libya    1922-09-13.  Shocked

You can see rest of united States records here...http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0001416.html

World records here....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_weather_records

We reached 109 here in Missouri today. However we have a lot of humidity as well here so its different from your dry heat. I imagine you can breathe better. Whats it like for you Kilika there in Arizona seeing you don't get a lot of grass down there, and its all sand and hot all the time?

Guess we should be thankful its not hotter, but I do wish it would cool down some  Sad
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2011, 06:58:17 am »

We tied a record at 113 yesterday for Phoenix. Suppose to be 112 today. The Midwest over 100 is brutal. I saw where Dallas was 110 yesterday.

To answer you question William, what "grass" we have is usually planted by man, as this area is mostly scrub plants and little lawn grass, at least in the low desert areas like Phoenix. It's too hot here for normal lawn grass, so people are forced to water the heck out of it to get it to grow. Actually, there isn't much sand here. It's mostly just dirt. It's not like the sands of the Gobi or something. Just dirt and rocks, with a peppering of illegals here and there.

Our average temp for this time of year is now going back down, so technically the cooldown is starting, but it's still really hot. (and the one vehicle that we have that does have a/c is broke down (needs the new starter I bought to be installed), so we are forced to drive around in this heat with no a/c in the car) Thank you Jesus.

The summer heat is almost over though. In another 6 weeks or so, 100+ will be pretty much over for the year.
Report Spam   Logged
William
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2011, 09:32:07 pm »

Yeah its cooling down here as well. Been in 80s to 90s for now. Yeah it gets pretty bad, and very hard to breathe once it goes over 100 in midwest. Missouri has started cooling down, however I hear Kansas is still very hot.

Ah so not much real grass than. I assume you have a lot of rattlesnakes out in your area as well?  Undecided
I thought there was sand, because as a young child we went through, and actually stayed in an area in Arizona, but I can't remember where.

Just went down and asked my Mother about where we on vacation ten years ago. Wherever we were in Arizona it was in the Mountains, because it was snowing, and also it was winter time during this vacation as well. I was told some town starting with "King" is in the mountains, and some wildlife reservation is before this town at the peak of the mountains, but I have no idea where since I'm not familiar with Arizona.

The reason I thought there was sand was because I remember seeing some as a young child, and wanting to pick it up, and take it back home with me, but was told "You can't, because if everyone did that there would be no sand left."

The sand was red, but I can't remember if it was Arizona, or Texas that we came across this. I do know we went down to "South Padre island" in Texas.

I have been to the Grand Canyon's as well. Do you really have a lot of illegals in your state?  Roll Eyes - How well do the receive the Gospel?

Sorry to hear about your AC - if it makes you feel any better mine has been out since last year, and I also have been having to do without, but thankfully I still have heat! Thank the Lord Jesus Christ  Smiley

What made you move to Arizona, or is that just where the Lord put you?
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2011, 03:32:58 am »

That would be Kingman AZ. And the "sand" is red, like Georgia clay, because it's mainly dirt. And yes, there are alot of illegals here, and no, they aren't too receptive to the gospel, seeing most of them are Catholic. I came here for college in 2003.

But back to the topic...
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: