End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 09:22:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Oprahs big New Age Lies

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oprahs big New Age Lies  (Read 3395 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2011, 06:38:28 am »

Oprah's big hug of spirituality will outlive her show

Oprah, the prophetess of post-Judeo-Christian America who brought us big hug spirituality -- love yourself, save yourself -- leaves the daily stage today to run her media empire.

To whom will we turn? God?

Not likely. Many Americans no longer believe in a mighty judge who sets the rules for life now and forever. Instead, many of us sing Oprah's song of self-redemption.

She told over-his-head Piers Morgan on the CNN host's opening show:
I am the messenger to deliver the message of hope and redemption.

And to a vast extent, our culture has bought the message: We're all good, we should not judge each other and morality is relative.

When the Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life's U.S. Religious Landscape Survey of 35,000 Americans documented in detail the splintered spirituality of today's believers, Rice University sociologist Michael Lindsay pointed straight to Oprah to explain our salad bar-style spirituality.

Lindsay pointed out:
After the attack on Pearl Harbor, the national memorial service was at Washington's National Cathedral, conducted by Episcopal clergy. After the 9/11 attack, Oprah organized the official memorial service at Yankee Stadium, and while clergy participated, she was the master of ceremonies.

Oprah, he said draws on multiple religious traditions to "create a hodgepodge personalized faith."

This is, of course, a message that horrifies traditional believers who decry it, like Josh McDowell and Dave Sterrett in their book, 'O' God: A Dialogue on Truth and Oprah's Spirituality,"

The danger is that while appearing to use Christian and inclusive language that at first seems similar to that of Christianity, Oprah teaches a message that is radically different and absolutely contrary to the true teaching of Scripture and historic Christianity.

But she has been right on the money on spirituality, bringing to the fore spiritual thinkers such as Eckhart Tolle of The Power of Now and A New Earth. She was so impressed by Tolle's let-go-and-breathe counseling on peace through silence and stillness, she co-hosted a 10-week set of Internet seminars on how to simply be.

Oprah described how she reconciled her Baptist upbringing with Tolle teachings, saying:

What I believe is that Jesus came to show us Christ consciousness. That Jesus came to show us the way of the heart and that what Jesus was saying that to show us the higher consciousness that we're all talking about here..."

Was Jesus the son of God?" he asks rhetorically. "Yes. But so are you. You just haven't realized it yet."

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/Religion/post/2011/05/oprah-spirituality-god-eckhart-tolle/1?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+delicious%2Fgqlf+%28Christian+Headlines+Top+Headlines%29
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 08:20:13 am »

Oprah Winfrey, God and gays

Oprah Winfrey, the undisputed queen of daytime TV and popular spirituality, signed off her show after 25 years with a shout-out to both Jesus Christ and the homosexual culture.

The farewell episode was appropriate for the woman whose remarkable emotional genius captured a large audience, but whose pseudo-Christian philosophy proved a source of confusion and frustration for conservative Christian America. While apparently espousing Christianity, Winfrey has also promoted New Age spirituality and homosexuality, and sided with the abortion lobby.

During the final show Wednesday, the famous host credited “my team and Jesus” for her success, rising from her impoverished roots in rural Mississippi to popular acclaim as the most influential woman in the world, and a billionaire.

“I often say, ‘Nobody but Jesus could have made this happen for me,” said Winfrey during a Good Morning America appearance the same day as the show. “I had no stylist, I had no publicist, I [was not] marketing-savvy, I was the most naive in terms of how the business operated.”

The final episode of The Oprah Winfrey Show signed off with the statement, “To God be the glory” - but not before she addressed one final word to critics regarding her broad use of that name.

“For all of you who get riled up when I mention God and you want to know which God am I talking about, I’m talking about the same one you’re talking about,” she said. “I’m talking about the Alpha and Omega, the omniscient, the omnipresent, the ultimate consciousness, the source, the force, the all of everything there is, the one, the only G-O-D. That’s the one I’m talking about.”

Despite her message of unity, the Baptist-raised Winfrey’s interpretation of Christianity has been marred by controversy. Winfrey in 2008 endorsed the New Age philosophy of Eckhart Tolle, and reconciled Tolle’s pantheism with Christianity by calling Christ a “consciousness.”

“What I believe is that Jesus came to show us Christ consciousness. That Jesus came to show us the way of the heart and that what Jesus was saying that to show us the higher consciousness that we’re all talking about here,” she said.

Winfrey has also sided firmly with progressive ideology on social questions: her very first political endorsement was for pro-abortion candidate Barack Obama in 2008. In 2000, Winfrey was the keynote speaker at a luncheon held by the Georgia Campaign for Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention, a group whose priority was to ensure that minors, without parental consent, maintain their access to contraceptives and abortion.

As far back as 1997, Winfrey showed her willingness to promote homosexuality as she made a cameo appearance on the “coming out” episode of the TV show “Ellen”.  Apart from regularly giving plugs for the homosexual lifestyle on her show, the popular host also participated in a performance of the lewd lesbian sex play The **** Monologues.

Accordingly, Winfrey specifically mentioned homosexual partners in her sendoff. “I thank you for tuning in every day, along with your mothers and your sisters and your daughters, your partners, gay and otherwise,” she said.

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/oprah-winfrey-god-and-gays
Report Spam   Logged

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 12:06:46 am »

AS SHE VISITS HIS CHURCH JOEL OSTEEN CELEBRATES WHAT GOD IS DOING WITH OPRAH WINFREY

Despite sagging funding Apprising Ministries continues covering the falling away of the largely pretending to be Protestant evangelical community. Here I draw to your attention that once again Word Faith heretic Joel Osteen is in the news.

Through the promotion of people like Seeker Driven Prophet-Führer Steven Furtick, who calls Osteen a great man of God, the “blab it and grab it” prosperity preacher continues to gain ground even in the mainstream of the church visible.

However, as I pointed out in The Joel Osteen Church Network, if Joel Osteen is a great man of God, then Mormon founder Joseph Smith was actually a Christian prophet. And after-all, Osteen’s already said Mitt Romney And Mormons Are Christians.

Next we’ll probably hear Osteen pronounce Oprah Winfrey, a known proponent and practitioner of the New Spirituality aka New Age, a Christian as well. This brings me to Joel Osteen Welcomes Oprah Winfrey, Tyler Perry to Lakewood Church where Christian Post contributor Allison Summers tells us:

Television mogul Oprah Winfrey and stage and movie producer Tyler Perry created a stir with a surprise appearance at Pastor Joel Osteen’s Lakewood Church in Houston, Texas, Sunday for an 11 a.m. service.

“Awesome to have you!” said Osteen, announcing their presence and welcoming the celebrities to the church. “We’re so honored to have you both here, and we just celebrate and pray for you guys with what God is doing in your lives.” (Online source)

Though Winfrey professes to be a Christian, as I showed you in Oprah Winfrey Speaking As A Christian, her testimony and teaching simply doesn’t bear that out. We need to be praying for her salvation because she has no relationship with God; she is currently an outspoken enemy of the Cross of Christ (cf. Philippians 3:18).

Summers then informs us that:

Winfrey was in the area to interview Osteen as part of her new series “Oprah’s Next Chapter,” which is set to premiere in January on her channel, the Oprah Winfrey Network.

She reportedly joined Osteen and his wife, Victoria Osteen, for lunch at their home and discussed topics with them such as power, marriage and faith, according to The Houston Chronicle. (Online source)

In such a setting Osteen usually manages to open his mouth to exchange feet. Summers says he:

has been known to spark controversy in the Christian community on his views about certain fundamental beliefs of the church, such as homosexuality. (Online source)

Controversy is rather an over-statement; apostatizing evanjellyfish is pretty much anything goes. From monitoring Internet intel along its younger sectors, the deviant pro-homosexual lobby’s got them about to cave on homosexuality; the same as it once did the dead mainline denominations now being ripped apart by it.

You need to understand that Joel Osteen’s wishy-washy non-views are actually becoming an evangelical norm.

[VIDEO INSIDE]

http://apprising.org/2011/11/07/as-she-visits-his-church-joel-osteen-celebrates-what-god-is-doing-with-oprah-winfrey/
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 04:17:00 am by Dok » Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 04:19:09 am »

well if that should really show where Joels heart is.

b]Oprah's big hug of spirituality will outlive her show[/b]

Oprah, the prophetess of post-Judeo-Christian America who brought us big hug spirituality -- love yourself, save yourself -- leaves the daily stage today to run her media empire.

To whom will we turn? God?

Not likely. Many Americans no longer believe in a mighty judge who sets the rules for life now and forever. Instead, many of us sing Oprah's song of self-redemption.

She told over-his-head Piers Morgan on the CNN host's opening show:
I am the messenger to deliver the message of hope and redemption.

And to a vast extent, our culture has bought the message: We're all good, we should not judge each other and morality is relative.

When the Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life's U.S. Religious Landscape Survey of 35,000 Americans documented in detail the splintered spirituality of today's believers, Rice University sociologist Michael Lindsay pointed straight to Oprah to explain our salad bar-style spirituality.

Lindsay pointed out:
After the attack on Pearl Harbor, the national memorial service was at Washington's National Cathedral, conducted by Episcopal clergy. After the 9/11 attack, Oprah organized the official memorial service at Yankee Stadium, and while clergy participated, she was the master of ceremonies.

Oprah, he said draws on multiple religious traditions to "create a hodgepodge personalized faith."

This is, of course, a message that horrifies traditional believers who decry it, like Josh McDowell and Dave Sterrett in their book, 'O' God: A Dialogue on Truth and Oprah's Spirituality,"

The danger is that while appearing to use Christian and inclusive language that at first seems similar to that of Christianity, Oprah teaches a message that is radically different and absolutely contrary to the true teaching of Scripture and historic Christianity.

But she has been right on the money on spirituality, bringing to the fore spiritual thinkers such as Eckhart Tolle of The Power of Now and A New Earth. She was so impressed by Tolle's let-go-and-breathe counseling on peace through silence and stillness, she co-hosted a 10-week set of Internet seminars on how to simply be.

Oprah described how she reconciled her Baptist upbringing with Tolle teachings, saying:

What I believe is that Jesus came to show us Christ consciousness. That Jesus came to show us the way of the heart and that what Jesus was saying that to show us the higher consciousness that we're all talking about here..."

Was Jesus the son of God?" he asks rhetorically. "Yes. But so are you. You just haven't realized it yet."

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/Religion/post/2011/05/oprah-spirituality-god-eckhart-tolle/1?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+delicious%2Fgqlf+%28Christian+Headlines+Top+Headlines%29
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 04:21:57 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwGLNbiw1gk&feature=rec-HM-r2

Looks like they were made for each other...
Report Spam   Logged

akfools
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 08:44:35 pm »

Oprah Winfrey Comeback Show 'Next Chapter' Will Feature Joel Osteen

Oprah Winfrey will be returning to TV screens across the world once again with a new show “Oprah’s Next Chapter,” which will be broadcast on her cable TV channel OWN, and will feature megachurch pastor Joel Osteen as one of its first guests.

Oprah is returning in front of the camera less than a year since ending “The Oprah Winfrey Show” of 25 years in May this year.

The two-hour episode will debut in January and will feature Winfrey meeting with Aerosmith frontman and American Idol judge Steven Tyler at his family home in New Hampshire.

According to OWN’s statement released on Friday, Tyler will discuss his drug addiction, his love life and his new-found fame on American Idol.

Oprah’s new series will also feature actor Sean Penn and they will speak about the recovery efforts in Haiti after the 2010 earthquake.

The chat queen will also tour Skywalker Ranch with “Star Wars” creator George Lucas and will celebrate “the power of God and community” with evangelist Joel Osteen.

“After 25 years I got myself out of the studio chairs,” Oprah said in the statement.

“I moved into the next chapter, and I am having more fun than ever -- moving around the country and the world talking to people I'm really interested in getting to know and I think viewers will be, too,” she said.

The Oprah Winfrey Network was launched in January 2011 but the ratings have been disappointing. In July, Oprah took over as CEO of the network to refocus the channel’s direction and put more of herself on the screen.

Another show, “Oprah’s Lifeclass,” debuted in October, which shared insights, life lessons and old clips from her iconic 25-year talk show.

Oprah’s best friend Gayle King is said to be leaving OWN and moving on to CBS where she will co-host The Early Show.

http://www.christianpost.com/author/cp-news-briefs/
Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 11:02:34 pm »

If things really start to go down soon, don't be surprised if her first guest will be the antichrist(whoever he'll be).
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 04:02:18 am »

I must say... A satan worshiping singer, an antichrist and a gay newage guru, all on the first show!! What a way to start a show, oh ya, and Smiling Joel...  Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

akfools
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 04:12:18 am »

Cheesy I shouldn't be laughing. Sad
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2012, 01:04:10 pm »

Oprahs all paths to God still going strong!!

Cee Lo Green Outrages John Lennon Fans By Changing Lyrics to 'Imagine'

Cee Lo Green upset John Lennon fans on Saturday night by performing a soulful version of the songwriter's classic "Imagine" with the lyrics changed from "nothing to kill or die for / and no religion too" to "nothing to kill or die for / and all religion's true." According to some fans, Green changed the meaning of the song by switching out the line. "The whole point of that lyric is that religion causes harm," tweeted someone with the handle @geekysteven. "If 'all religion's true' it would be a pretty bleak place."

Green, who sang the song on NBC's New Year's Eve broadcast from Times Square, responded to criticism about the alteration by tweeting "Yo I meant no disrespect by changing the lyric guys! I was trying to say a world were u could believe what u wanted that's all." He responded directly to other angry Lennon fans on Twitter, but has since deleted all of the tweets.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/cee-lo-green-outrages-john-lennon-fans-by-changing-lyrics-to-imagine-20120102#ixzz1iKTC17Cl

The original lyrics were against Jesus, no God, the new lyrics are saying all paths lead to God.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2012, 06:41:30 am »

Oprah is not a Christian, she is a new-age nut job, and this article, that purports to show her "christian" faith does in fact deny Christ and show here new-age beliefs.

Oprah Winfrey Confesses Christ During NYC 'Lifeclass' Tour?

Oprah Winfrey, appearing in New York City during the Monday broadcast of her "Lifeclass," professed to being a Christian twice during her introduction, which one publication took as evidence of her confession in Christ. The Black Christian News Network suggested that Winfrey was a "secret follower" of Jesus and those critical of Winfrey's confession were akin to Pharisees.
In what appears to be an opinion piece on Winfrey's Monday night confession, BCNN writes that Winfrey has made her Christian faith clear to her millions of fans and "before the entire world for the glory of God and the Lord Jesus Christ."

Winfrey, during "Oprah's Lifeclass: The Tour" broadcast from New York City's Radio City Music Hall, greeted the audience in the packed auditorium and informed them that the lifeclass theme would be "Spiritual Solutions" as taught by New Age figure Deepak Chopra.

"I am not talking about religion," she emphasized. "I am a Christian, that is my faith. I'm not asking you to be a Christian. If you want to be one I can show you how. But it is not required. I have respect for all faiths. All faiths. But what I'm talking about is not faith or religion. I'm talking about spirituality."

She added, "My definition [of spirituality] is living your life with an open heart, through love... allowing yourself to align with the values of tolerance, acceptance, of harmony, of cooperation and reverence for life.

"There is a force energy consciousness divine thread, I believe, that connects spiritually to all of us, to something greater than ourselves.

That right there is core new-age belief values. Not Biblical!!!

"If you are living in the space of an open heart, you have a blessed life. I believe, that there is no life without a spiritual life...because we are all spiritual beings having a human experience. So are you ready to open your heart?"

Winfrey then asked the audience, which included viewers of the live online broadcast, if they were ready "to allow abundance and blessings" presumably into their lives.

She also commented on what has made her successful, and shared a favorite Bible passage.

"My favorite Bible verse – because I am Christian – is Acts..something... it says [in Acts 17:28] 'in God I live and move and have my being.' And you want to know why I'm so successful? Because I knew that at four-years-old," Winfrey told her audience.

"I wouldn't be who I am today without a spiritual consciousness, without spiritual values and ultimately without spiritual love," she added.

The lifeclass on "Spiritual Solutions" also featured a series of New Age teachers, including Chopra, Elizabeth Lesser, Eckhart Tolle and others, sharing their definitions of "spirituality."

In its op-ed on Winfrey's confession, BCCN cautioned those who would be critical of the media mogul having "different people of different faiths on her show and so forth."

"But before you Pharisees say all of that, please understand that OWN is not a Christian network. It is a network for all people. OWN is Oprah's business, and we as Christians know what that is like when you're doing business in a secular world. So Oprah's business side is going to be different, but it does not take anything away from her faith in Christ."

The article adds: "Before you criticize her about why she didn't come out as a Christian sooner, just remember that Jesus had His public disciples, the Peters, Jameses, and Johns, but he also had his secret disciples, the Nicodemuses and Joseph of Arimatheas."

Nicodemus and Joseph of Arimathea were, according to the Bible's Gospel accounts, religious leaders who believed that Jesus was the Son of God, but feared making it known to other religious leaders, who denied Jesus' divinity. However, the Gospels also reveal that these two "secret disciples" were the ones who received Jesus' body after his crucifixion and buried him.

The first person to comment on BCNN's report was Christian minister and Internet evangelist Bill Keller, who found the suggestion that Winfrey had confessed to be a Christian questionable.

"I guess after losing 140 million she needed to take a different strategy," wrote Keller, whose ministry is found at Liveprayer.com. The minister was apparently referencing Winfrey's public acknowledgment earlier this month that making and keeping OWN profitable has been a challenge.

"When she renounces all of the New Age garbage she sold and made MILLIONS on for the past 10 yrs...when she calls homosexuality what God calls [it]...a SIN AND ABOMINATION...when she denounces the legalized killing of babies...let me know...otherwise...just hype to help her failing empire," he added.

Despite Winfrey's confession on several occasions to being a Christian, observers claim she actually professes a form of pantheism, the teaching that God is everything and everyone, an abstract force rather than a personal Being.

"When Oprah and others refer to God, it is an impersonal force," according to McDowell. "And I think one way that comes out is that they will say, 'Look within you and find yourself from within. Find that God-consciousness. That is God," Christian apologist Josh McDowell has said. McDowell and Dave Sterrett co-authored a book in 2010 titled "O" God: A Dialogue on Truth and Oprah's Spirituality.

"The Christian God is a personal creator God [in] which all truth resides, who is totally outside of ourselves and outside of our universe," McDowell added.

Winfrey has been exploring different faiths during her recently-launched "Oprah's Next Chapter" series, visiting with a Hasidic Jewish family, New Age thinkers and spiritual figures, as well with Christian leaders, such as Bishop T.D. Jakes and Joel Osteen of Lakewood Church.

In a December appearance on "The Dr. Oz" show, Winfrey commented on the direction of the "Next Chapter" series, revealing that at this particular season of her life, she was focusing more on drawing close to "that which is God."

"I think being connected to that which is greater than yourself, for me, at this particular time in my life, is the most important thing," the 58-year-old said.

In commenting on Winfrey's Monday night "Lifeclass" discussion, BCNN credits Christians like Stedman Graham, Tyler Perry, Bishop Jakes for "wisely [encouraging] her and [coaching] her on how to make her public profession of faith in Christ before the world. We believe that Oprah's true 'next chapter' is to finish her life leading millions to the Christ that saved her."

rest: http://www.christianpost.com/news/oprah-winfrey-confesses-christ-during-nyc-lifeclass-tour-73813/
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 06:52:21 am by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2012, 03:45:00 pm »

Oprah is such a charlatan.  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2012, 06:50:55 pm »

With a Flagging Empire, the New Age of Oprah

It’s not easy to find a fresh way to photograph Oprah Winfrey.

That’s why the editors of O, The Oprah Magazine, recently tried to create a shot that recalled the glory days of Ms. Winfrey’s syndicated talk show. They arranged to photograph her for its April 2013 issue as she stepped onstage to speak to 5,000 attendees at the magazine’s annual conference, a New Age slumber party of sorts for women held at the convention center here last month. When Ms. Winfrey confidently strode out dressed in a sea foam green V-neck dress and a pair of perilously tall ruby red stilettos, the audience collectively leapt to its feet and shrieked at the sight of her.

“I love you, Oprah,” some women shouted, while other fans brushed away tears.

“I love you back,” she responded in her signature commanding voice. “It’s no small thing to get the dough to come here.”

Ms. Winfrey, who used to receive this kind of applause from fans five days a week, has had fewer such receptions since the talk show she hosted for 25 years ended 18 months ago. The cable network OWN, which she started with Discovery Communications, is emerging from low ratings and management shake-ups. And without a regular presence on daytime network television, she cannot steer traffic to her other products as easily as in the past. Her magazine, in particular, has experienced a decline in advertising revenue and newsstand sales since the talk show finished.

“She’s still Oprah. But she’s still struggling,” said Janice Peck, an associate professor of journalism and mass communication at the University of Colorado who wrote the 2008 book “The Age of Oprah.” “I think she’s scared, even though she’s very, very rich and she’s always going to be very, very rich. The possibility of failure, it’s quite scary.”

Ms. Winfrey, 58, has shown some signs of strain. She arrived at the conference with faint shadows under her eyes and announced to her best friend, Gayle King, and the audience simultaneously that she had a breast cancer scare the week before. (It was ultimately a false alarm.) When Ms. King grew visibly upset, one woman chided Ms. Winfrey for not telling her friend ahead of time and ordered her to apologize to Ms. King — all before an audience. Ms. Winfrey also did not hide her dissatisfaction with the criticism she had faced. She told the audience, “the press tried to cut me off at the knees” in its coverage of OWN, and bristled at questions about the challenges her magazine confronted.

“I don’t care what the form is,” Ms. Winfrey said with the conviction of a preacher. “I care about what the message is.”

With signs of progress at OWN, Ms. Winfrey now has more time to devote to other media platforms — her magazine, her radio channel on XM Satellite Radio, her Facebook page, which has 7.8 million subscribers, her Twitter account, which has nearly 15 million followers, and her latest content channel on The Huffington Post.

“It’s all an opportunity to speak to people,” Ms. Winfrey said as she sat for an interview during the conference, a pair of glittery gold stilettos slung in her hand and a couple of handlers in the corner quietly tapping away at smartphones. She pushed aside a bottle of sparkling water, a glass with a silver straw and a delicate orchid placed before her and spoke frankly about her plans.

“Ultimately, you have to make money because you are a business. I let other people worry about that. I worry about the message. I am always, always, always about holding true to the vision and the message, and when you are true to that, then people respond.”

When it comes to the magazine, Ms. Winfrey said her staff prepared her to expect a 25 percent decline in newsstand sales after the talk show ended. (It has been closer to 22 percent.) And while she acknowledged that she enjoyed “holding the magazine in my hand,” she was pragmatic about print’s future and said she would stop publishing a print magazine if it were not profitable.

“Obviously, the show was helping in ways that you know I hadn’t accounted for,” Ms. Winfrey said. “I’m not interested, you know, in bleeding money.”

Ms. Winfrey, who spoke in a conference room over the roars of an expectant crowd in the convention space below, said she knew that her brand’s strength stemmed from how she resonated with a breadth of viewers.

rest: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/26/business/media/oprah-winfrey-seeks-to-bolster-a-flagging-empire.html?ref=business&_r=0
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2012, 05:44:17 pm »

YEAR IN REVIEW: Oprah Winfrey: ‘I Am a Christian’

Although she’s created a firestorm among believers in the past by suggesting that Jesus is not the only way, Oprah Winfrey is now boldly confessing Christ.

Twice during her “Oprah’s Lifeclass: The Tour” broadcast on Monday, Winfrey aligned herself with Christianity. Winfrey started by introducing the show to her Radio City Music Hall audience. The theme: “Spiritual Solutions.” The teacher: New Age guru Deepak Chopra.

“I am not talking about religion. I am a Christian. That is my faith. I'm not asking you to be a Christian. If you want to be one I can show you how. But it is not required. I have respect for all faiths. All faiths. But what I'm talking about is not faith or religion. I'm talking about spirituality,” Winfrey said.

Winfrey said her definition of spirituality is living life with an open heart, through love, and allowing yourself to align with the values of tolerance, acceptance, of harmony, of cooperation and reverence for life. She said she believes there is a divine thread that connects spiritually to something greater than ourselves.

“My favorite Bible verse—because I am Christian—is Acts 17:28. It says, ‘In God I live and move and have my being’,” Winfrey said. “And you want to know why I'm so successful? Because I knew that at 4 years-old … I wouldn't be who I am today without a spiritual consciousness, without spiritual values and ultimately without spiritual love.”

Although some are still criticizing Winfrey, The Black Christian News Network (BCNN) is standing in defense of the sincerity of her confession:

“Now we know that some people are going to doubt Oprah's profession of faith in Christ and some are going to say negative things about this because she has different people of different faiths on her show and so forth. But before you Pharisees say all of that, please understand that OWN is not a Christian network. It is a network for all people. OWN is Oprah's business, and we as Christians know what that is like when you're doing business in a secular world. So Oprah's business side is going to be different, but it does not take anything away from her faith in Christ.”

BCNN thanked the likes of Stedman Graham, Tyler Perry, T.D. Jakes and others who wisely encouraged Winfrey and coached her on how to make her public profession of faith in Christ before the world.

“We believe that Oprah's true ‘next chapter’ is to finish her life leading millions to the Christ that saved her,” BCNN wrote. “We want to encourage all Christians to pray for Oprah as she grows in her faith in Christ.”

http://www.charismanews.com/us/33290-oprah-winfrey-i-am-a-christian

Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2012, 07:39:12 am »

Has that hag ever said the name Jesus? Many say Christ, but it isn't Jesus they are talking about.

Winfrey said her definition of spirituality is living life with an open heart, through love, and allowing yourself to align with the values of tolerance, acceptance, of harmony, of cooperation and reverence for life.

Yeah, whatever lady!  Roll Eyes

Real Christians know that we are NOT to respect other religions and have no company with them. Period. There is no room for compromise.

“And you want to know why I'm so successful? Because I knew that at 4 years-old … I wouldn't be who I am today without a spiritual consciousness, without spiritual values and ultimately without spiritual love.”

So you were possessed at age 4? Figures. Who you are today is exactly a result of your "spiritualism" and your bowing to the god of this world and rejecting Jesus Christ. And it's no surprise she picks out a verse that doesn't mention Jesus.

News flash! Being "spiritual" isn't being Christian.

Sorry lady, your nothing but a Jezebel. Repent and believe the gospel, and quit listening to your demon advisers.

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2012, 07:52:23 am »

Has that hag ever said the name Jesus? Many say Christ, but it isn't Jesus they are talking about.

she sure has, she said "Jesus!? What about Jesus?" as in who needs him...

1:27 mark or there about

Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2012, 08:14:15 am »

Oh, the "What if a person out in the jungle has never heard of Jesus" lie. Typical. That is an excuse of non-believers.

Roll Eyes

"But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world." Romans 10:18 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2014, 05:22:39 am »

Oprah, Forrest Whitaker, Idris Elba to Star in Controversial 'Shack' Movie

A film about the bestselling 2008 book The Shack will reportedly be directed by Forest Whitaker and may star British actor Idris Elba and television personality Oprah.

In January, Deadline first reported that the Academy Award winner Whitaker, who starred in the 2013 film The Butler, was in talks to direct William Paul Young's book. It also suggested that Whitaker could be a supporting character in the story that chronicles a man grieving the kidnapping and brutal murder of his seven-year-old daughter, who encounters God in the shed where his child died.

Earlier this week, The Tracking Board reported that Elba, who stars in the television series Luther and was recently seen in Thor: The Dark World and Mandeal: Long Walk to Freedom could be cast as the lead. It did not specify which part Oprah could be given, although the main character, Mackenzie Allen Phillips, encounters three versions of God while in the shed, one of them Papa, an African-American woman.

The two other members of the Trinity who Phillips meets are Jesus, a Jewish Carpenter, and Sarayu, a woman of unclear Asian descent whom he later discovers is the Holy Spirit.

Shooting is set to begin on the $30 million Lionsgate film in Atlanta or Vancouver later this summer, according to The Tracking Board. Whitaker, while primarily known for his acting chops, has also directed Waiting to Exhale, Hope Floats, and First Daughter.

Not all Christians flocked to the message of The New York Times bestselling book, which sold over 18 million copies.

In 2010, R. Albert Mohler, Jr., president of The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, described The Shack as a "wake-up call for evangelical Christianity," and that its story reflected "a theology that is unconventional at best, and undoubtedly heretical in certain respects."

He also blamed its popularity among Evangelicals on their ignorance of "basic theological knowledge."

Young, who originally wrote the story for his family without intending to publish it, defended The Shack's message and theology shortly after it was released.

"I absolutely am convinced that this is a God-thing, that God is the One stirring this all up, challenging us to rethink and entertain growing deeper in a relationship with Him rather than pursuing our independence," Young said in 2008.

In 2011, Young added that "part of my journey is to say that the soul of the human being must be a massively intricate, wonderful creation that God has a respect for in ways that we do not and that leaves a huge amount of space to go explore. He (Jesus) didn't come to start a new religion. Jesus is not the 'founder of Christianity.' He came to destroy religious thinking by introducing relationship – and relationship always moves you away from control, which is a major theme in both The Shack and Cross Roads, and into the mystery of relationship."

http://www.christianpost.com/news/oprah-forrest-whitaker-idris-elba-to-star-in-controversial-shack-movie-118772/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2014, 09:48:08 am »

The Shack's Cool God

My 29, 2014, 2010 (first published March 3, 2009) --(David Cloud, Fundamental Baptist Information Service, P.O. Box 610368, Port Huron, MI 48061, 866-295-4143, fbns@wayoflife.org)
zz_shack_7_30

The Shack was Number One the New York Times bestseller list for 50 weeks. By 2012, it had sold 18 million copies internationally. It is being translated into 30 languages.

Shooting is set to begin the summer of 2014 on the movie, and one of the parts will be played by Oprah Winfrey, though it is not yet known what part she will play (“Oprah, Forrest Whitaker, Idras Elba to Star in Controversial ‘Shack’ Movie,” Christian Post, April 29, 2014).

Though its author, William Paul Young, is not a member of a church and is even reticent to call himself a Christian, and though the novel’s doctrine of God is grossly heretical, it is touted as a helpful Christian book.

In 2012, Young described himself as “spiritual but not religious” (“After The Shack, a Crossroads: William Paul Young,” Publishers Weekly, Sept. 21, 2012).

“The Shack” has been endorsed by Pat Robertson’s 700 Club, CCM artist Michael W. Smith, Mark Batterson (senior pastor of National Community Church in Washington, D.C.), Wayne Jacobson, author of “So You Don’t Want to Go to Church Anymore,” Gayle Erwin of Calvary Chapel, James Ryle of the Vineyard churches, Gloria Gaither (who hosted a reading of The Shack as reported in the New York Times), Mark Lowry (former singer with the Gaithers), and Greg Albrecht, editor of Plain Truth magazine. The premier issue of Rick Warren’s magazine, The Purpose Driven Connection, refers to The Shack as a “notable best-selling Christian” book (p. 24). The Shack is recommended by Frank Viola and Leonard Sweet, authors of The Jesus Manifesto. Viola said, “I will shamelessly throw my hat in the ring with those who are giving unqualified praise for The Shack” (http://frankviola.wordpress.com).

In March 2013, Christian Today published a positive interview with Young in which there was not a hint of criticism of or warning about his rank heresies (“The Love Shack,” Christianity Today, March 4, 2013).

Eugene Peterson, Regent College professor and author of The Message, is profuse in his praise of the book: “When the imagination of a writer and the passion of a theologian cross-fertilize the result is a novel on the order of ‘The Shack.’ This book has the potential to do for our generation what John Bunyan’s “Pilgrim’s Progress” did for his. It’s that good!”

Many Southern Baptists love The Shack, which is irrefutable evidence of the deep spiritual apostasy that exists in that Convention. I received the following frightful testimony from a pastor who came out of the Convention in 1996:

“Concerning the question about ‘The Shack,’ I have been shocked at the willingness of many of my former SBC friends and acquaintances to receive it as a ‘great’ book. As you know, and have taught, the book presents a picture of ‘God’ that is not biblical. The ready acceptance of this book by the vast majority of those I know, is indicative of a serious lack of discernment. It seems that spiritual discernment is a rapidly dissipating quality today. I have questioned several folk on their acceptance of ‘The Shack’ and its false teaching. Their response has been, ‘But it teaches a good truth about how God loves us.’ This is characteristic of the modern church-growth movement that focuses solely on the ‘love of God,’ and relegates His holiness, righteousness and judgments to the ‘unimportant’” (Marty Wynn, Lighthouse Baptist Church, Columbus, Georgia, e-mail to D. Cloud, May 21, 2011).

William Young was one of the speakers at the February 2009 National Pastor’s Convention in San Diego, sponsored by Zondervan and InterVarsity Fellowship. The 1,500 attendees were pastors and Christian workers. Other speakers included Bill Hybels, Leighton Ford, Brian McLaren, and Rob Bell. Young had his own break-out session and was interviewed in one of the general sessions by Andy Crouch, a senior editor of Christianity Today. It was said that 57% of the attendees had read “The Shack,” and Young was enthusiastically received. Crouch treated Young as a fellow believer and did not even hint that there might be a damnable theological problem with the way that God is depicted in the book. When Young said, “I don’t feel responsible for the fact that it [‘The Shack’] is tampering with people’s paradigms” or how people think about God, the crowd responded with clapping, cheers, and laughter. The emerging church loves to tamper with traditional Bible doctrine, and there is no fear of God for doing so!

Young was born in Alberta in 1955 but spent most of the first ten years of his life in Papua New Guinea with his missionary parents, who were ministering to a tribal group called the Dani. He graduated from Warner Pacific College, affiliated with the Church of God (Anderson, Indiana), with a degree in religion.

In “The Shack,” Young presents traditional Bible-believing Christianity as hypocritical and hurtful. The book’s main character grew up under “rigorous rules,” and his father, who was an elder in the church, was “a closet drinker” and treated his family with cruelty when drunk (p. 7).

Hypocrisy is very injurious to the cause of Christ, but hypocrisy on the part of Christians does not disprove the Bible. Let God be true and every man a liar (Romans 3:4)! All too often this type of thing is used as an excuse by rebels. I know this by personal experience. In my youth I used the inconsistencies that I saw in Baptist churches to excuse my rejection of the church. The chief problem, though, was not the hypocrisy of others but my own rebellion and love for the world. When I repented of my wickedness at age 23 and turned to Christ and received the Bible as God’s holy Word, I stopped blaming others and took responsibility for myself before Almighty God.

Rules and obligations under God’s grace are not wrong. They are an integral part of Bible Christianity. We are saved by grace without works, but we are saved “unto good works” (Ephesians 2:8-10). The New Testament epistles are filled with rules and obligations that believers are expected to keep and filled with warnings about disobedience. The true grace of God does not let us live as we please. It teaches us, rather, “that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world” (Titus 2:11-12). That is a very strict standard of Christian living.

There is hypocrisy in churches and there are false gospels that are law-based rather than grace-based and most churches today are corrupt, just as the Bible warns they will be in the end times (e.g., 2 Timothy 4:3-4), but the solution is not to reject the literal interpretation of Scripture and create a new God! God is amazingly compassionate and loving, and He has proven that on the cross, but God is also holy and just and requires obedience and hates and punishes sin, and that side of God cannot be ignored without creating a false God.

The flesh wearies greatly of the holiness of God! I can testify to that. From time to time in my Christian life I have gotten discouraged at God. It is not a simple thing to reconcile God’s love and grace with His awful holiness and justice. On one hand, the New Testament tells us that the believer is forgiven, redeemed, justified, accepted in the beloved, blessed with all spiritual blessings in Christ, holy and without blame before God, and seated in the heavenlies (Ephesians 1-3). On the other hand, the same New Testament tells us that the believer must be exceedingly careful about how he lives before God. We are to “cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God” (2 Corinthians 7:1), which is the highest conceivable standard. The believer who does not pursue this is in danger of being judged (e.g., 1 Cor. 3:13-17; 9:26-27; 11:27-32; Hebrews 13:4; 2 John 8-11; Revelation 2:4-5, 16, 22-23; 3:15-16). There is even a sin unto death (1 John 5:16-17; Acts 5:1-11; 1 Corinthians 11:30). Thus there must be many warnings in the Christian life (Acts 20:31; Colossians 1:28; 2 Timothy 4:2; Titus 1:13; 2:15).

These things seem to be contradictory to the fallen flesh and to the natural man, but they are two sides of the same thrice holy God, and to reject either one is to reject the living God for an idol.

In an interview with the 700 Club in February 2009, Young described a “huge personal failure” that occurred in his life at age 38. He says, “My life crashed and burned, and I had to go back and deal with some stuff from being a child on the mission field along with other stuff in my life.” He speaks of “secrets” that he kept from his childhood and guilt that he carried. He doesn’t describe any of this in detail, but it appears that he felt guilty for not obeying God’s Word and perhaps went through psychological therapy. He talks continually of “pain,” “damage,” healing childhood memories, and such.

REDEFINING GOD

“The Shack” is about redefining God. Young has said that the book is for those with “a longing that God is as kind and loving as we wish he was” (interview with Sherman Hu, Dec. 4, 2007). What he is referring to is the desire on the part of the natural man for a God who loves “unconditionally” and does not require obedience, does not require repentance, does not judge sin, and does not make men feel guilty for what they do.

In that same interview, Young said that a woman wrote to him and said that her 22-year-old daughter came to her after reading the book and asked, “IS IT ALL RIGHT IF I DIVORCE THE OLD GOD AND MARRY THE NEW ONE?”

Young therefore admits that the God of “The Shack” is different from the traditional God of Bible-believing Christianity. He says that the God who “watches from a distance and judges sin” is “a Christianized version of Zeus.” This reminds me of the modernist G. Bromley Oxnam, who called the God of the Old Testament “a dirty bully” in his 1944 book “Preaching in a Revolutionary Age.”

“The Shack” explores the issue of why God allows pain and evil. It is a fictional account of a man who is bitter against God for allowing his youngest daughter to be murdered and who returns to the scene of the murder, an old shack in the woods, to have a life-changing encounter with God. The “God” that he encounters, though, is not the God of the Bible.

Young depicts the triune God as a young Asian woman named “Sarayu” * (supposedly the Holy Spirit), an oriental carpenter who loves to have a good time (supposedly Jesus), and an older black woman named “Elousia” (supposedly God the Father). God the Father is also depicted as a guy with a ponytail and a goatee. (* The name “Sarayu” is from the Hindu scriptures and represents a mythical river in India on the shores of which the Hindu god Rama was born.)

Young’s god is the god of the emerging church. He is cool, loves rock & roll, is non-judgmental, does not exercise wrath toward sin, does not send unbelievers to an eternal fiery hell, does not require repentance and the new birth, puts no obligations on people, doesn’t like traditional Bible churches, does not accept the Bible as the infallible Word of God, and does not mind if the early chapters of the Bible are interpreted as “myth.”

Note the following quotes from “The Shack” as we contrast The Shack God with the God of Scripture:

THE SHACK GOD - “Don’t go because you feel obligated. That won’t get you any points around here. Go because it’s what you want to do” (p. 89).

CONTRAST THE BIBLE’S GOD - “Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful” (1 Corinthians 4:2).

THE SHACK GOD - “I don’t need to punish people for sin. Sin is its own punishment, devouring you from the inside. It’s not my purpose to punish it...” (p. 120).

CONTRAST THE BIBLE’S GOD - “And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible” (Isaiah 13:11).

THE SHACK GOD - “There are lots of people who think it [Eden] was only a myth. Well, their mistake isn’t fatal. Rumors of glory are often hidden inside of what many consider myths and tales” (p. 134).

CONTRAST THE BIBLE’S GOD - “For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty” (2 Peter 1:16).

THE SHACK GOD - “[Your heart] is wild and beautiful and perfectly in process” (p. 138).

CONTRAST THE BIBLE’S GOD - “For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness: All these evil things come from within, and defile the man” (Mark 7:21-23).

THE SHACK GOD - “To force my will on you is exactly what love does not do. ... True love never forces” (pp. 145, 190).

CONTRAST THE BIBLE’S GOD - “For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth” (Hebrews 12:6). “Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth” (Revelation 2:16).

THE SHACK GOD - “Our final destiny is not the picture of Heaven that you have stuck in your head--you know, the image of pearly gates and streets of gold” (p. 177).

CONTRAST THE BIBLE’S GOD - “And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass” (Revelation 21:21).

THE SHACK GOD - “My church is all about people and life is all about relationships. ... You can’t build it. ... I don’t create institutions--never have, never will” (pp. 178, 179).

CONTRAST THE BIBLE’S GOD - “And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it” (Matthew 16:18).

THE SHACK GOD - “Those who love me come from every system that exists. They were Buddhists or Mormons, Baptists or Muslims, Democrats, Republicans and many who don’t vote or are not part of any Sunday morning or religious institutions. ... I have no desire to make them Christian” (p. 182).

CONTRAST THE BIBLE’S GOD - “Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved” (Acts 4:12). “Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian. And Paul said, I would to God, that not only thou, but also all that hear me this day, were both almost, and altogether such as I am, except these bonds” (Acts 26:28-29).

THE SHACK GOD - “Through his death and resurrection, I am now fully reconciled to the world ... The whole world. ... In Jesus, I have forgiven all humans for their sins against me ... When Jesus forgave those who nailed him to the cross they were no longer in his debt, nor mine” (pp. 192, 225).

CONTRAST THE BIBLE’S GOD - “He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him” (John 3:36). “And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead” (Acts 17:30-31). “He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life” (1 John 5:12). “And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire” (Revelation 20:15).

THE SHACK GOD - “The Bible doesn’t teach you to follow rules. ... Enforcing rules, especially in its more subtle expressions like responsibility and expectation, is a vain attempt to create certainty out of uncertainty. ... That is why you won’t find the word responsibility in the Scriptures. ... because I have no expectations, you never disappoint me” (pp. 197, 203, 206).

CONTRAST THE BIBLE’S GOD - “Furthermore then we beseech you, brethren, and exhort you by the Lord Jesus, that as ye have received of us how ye ought to walk and to please God, so ye would abound more and more. For ye know what commandments we gave you by the Lord Jesus” (1 Thessalonians 4:1-2).

In Ephesians 4-6 alone there are more than 80 specific rules and obligations that believers are exhorted to keep.

THE SHACK GOD - “I don’t do humiliation, or guilt, or condemnation” (p. 223).

CONTRAST THE BIBLE’S GOD - “And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil” (John 3:19). “Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God” (Romans 3:19). “Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord” (1 Corinthians 11:27). “My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation” (James 3:1). “And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth” (Revelation 11:18).

THE SHACK’S GOD IS EMERGENT AND NEW AGE

Not only is “The Shack’s” god suspiciously similar to the one described in the books of the more liberal branch of the emerging church (e.g., Rob Bell, Donald Miller, Brian McLaren), it also has a strong kinship to the New Age god promoted by John Lennon and Oprah Winfrey.

Lennon’s extremely popular song “IMAGINE” (1971) proclaims:

“Imagine there’s no heaven … No hell below us, above us only sky … no religion too/ You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one/ I hope some day you’ll join us, and the world will live as one.”

William Young imagines the same thing in “The Shack.” If there is a God, he is non-judgmental. There is no hell. God just wants people to do their own thing and be happy.

Oprah preaches the same gospel to millions. Man is not a sinner; God is not a judge; all is well with the universe; and I just need to surrender to the flow. Her message is the celebration of self. She grew up in a traditional Baptist church, but she has reinterpreted the Bible and moved beyond its restrictions. She says, “As I study the New Age movement, it all seems to say exactly what the Bible has said for years, but many of us were brought up with a restricted, limited understanding of what the Bible said” (“The Gospel according to Oprah,” Vantage Point, July 1998).

Many of the statements in The Shack are out and out New Age philosophy. As Gary Gilley observes:

“The very essence of God is challenged when Young, quoting from Unitarian-Universalist, Buckminster Fuller, declares God to be a verb not a noun (pp. 194, 204). In a related statement, Young has Jesus say of the Holy Spirit, ‘She is Creativity; she is Action; she is Breathing of Life’ (p. 110). Yet the Bible presents God as a person (noun) not an action (verb). When this truth is denied we are moving from the biblical understanding of a personal God to an Eastern understanding of God in everything. Thus, we are not surprised when Mack asks the Holy Spirit if he will see her again he is told, ‘Of course, you might see me in a piece of art, or music, or silence, or through people, or in creation, or in your joy and sorrow’ (p. 198).  This is not biblical teaching. This idea seems repeated in a line from a song Missy creates, ‘Come kiss me wind and take my breath till you and I are one’ (p. 233). At what point do we become one with creation?  Again, this is an Eastern concept, not a biblical one.

“Young reinforces his Eastern leanings with a statement right out of New Age (New Spirituality) teachings: Papa tells Mack, ‘Just say it out loud. There is power in what my children declare”’(p. 227). Rhonda Byrne would echo this idea in her book, The Secret, but you will not find it in the Bible.

“Further, we are told Jesus ‘as a human being, had no power within himself to heal anyone’ (p. 100). So how did he do so? By trusting in the Holy Spirit. Jesus, the Spirit says, ‘is just the first to do it to the uttermost--the first to absolutely trust my life within him…’ (p. 100). There is enough truth here to be confusing but not accurate. Jesus, never ceasing to be fully God, had all Divine power dwelling within Him. That He chose to limit His use of that power and rely on the Holy Spirit while on earth in no way diminishes His essence. While Jesus is our example He is not a guru blazing a trail in which in this life we too can be like God. This idea smacks of New Age teaching, not Scripture. Jesus even tells Mack that ‘God, who is the ground of all being, dwells in, around, and through all things--ultimately emerging as the real’ (p. 112). This is pure New Age spirituality” (Gilley, “The Shack - A Book Review”).

DENYING THE INFALLIBILITY OF THE BIBLE

Another foundational problem with “The Shack” is its denial of the Bible as the absolute and sole authority. Note the following quote:

“In seminary he [the book’s main figure, Mack] had been taught that God had completely stopped any overt communication with moderns, preferring to have them only listen to and follow sacred Scripture, properly interpreted, of course. God’s voice had been reduced to paper, and even that paper had to be moderated and deciphered by the proper authorities and intellects. ... Nobody wanted God in a box, just in a book. Especially an expensive one bound in leather with gilt edges, or was that guilt edges?” (pp. 65, 66).

To believe that the Bible is the infallible Word of God and the sole authority for faith and practice is not to “put God in a box.” It is to honor God by receiving the Scripture for what it claims to be and what it has proven itself to be. If a father goes on a journey and leaves behind a written statement of his will for the family during his absence, the family that truly honors the father submits to that written record. To reject the Bible as the infallible Word of God is to launch out upon the stormy waters of subjective mysticism. It allows man to be his own authority and to live as he pleases, which is an objective of both the New Age movement and the emerging church.

REDEFINING DOCTRINE

It is typical for false teachers to redefine Bible doctrine in order to hide their heresies from the gullible (Romans 16:17-18). They use Bible terms but interpret them with a heretical dictionary. That William Paul Young is adapt at this practice was evident in his interview with Christianity Today in the context of his new book Cross Roads (FaithWords, 2012).

When asked, “What does Jesus accomplish on the Cross and in the Resurrection?” Young replied:

“For me, salvation is fully accomplished in the work of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. It was God in the hands of angry sinners—that's the phrase that I would use. I'm not a penal substitutionary guy. But I am a substitutionary guy. But I don't see the Father pouring out his wrath on the Son. I see the human race pouring out their wrath on the Son. So I see the only hope for the entire cosmos is what the Son chooses to accept, crawling upon the instrument of our greatest wrath. He met us at the deepest, darkest place” (“The Love Shack,” Christianity Today, March 4, 2013).

In this mash of mumbo-jumbo, Young uses the term “substitutionary atonement” but gives it a meaning different from the one described in the Bible.

“But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed” (Isa. 53:5).

When asked, “But the Bible is replete with language of divine wrath, not just the Old Testament but the New as well; what do you make of that?” Young smoothly replied:

“I am not opposed to wrath at all, but what's changed for me is this: I grew up inside a paradigm that said wrath was punitive and retributive in nature. I now see it as restorative.”

Thus, Young uses the term “wrath” but he gives it an entirely different meaning from that which we find in Scripture.

“For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness” (Rom. 1:18).

“For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience” (Col. 3:6).

“For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?” (Rev. 6:17).

“And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire” (Rev. 20:15).

CHANGED LIVES

The author of “The Shack” points to changed lives as evidence of the truth of the book and the grace of God in using it. At the National Pastors’ Conference, William Young told Andy Crouch that the book was setting people free from “addictive bondages and doctrinal bondages.” He said, “Even people who have been vocally against the book, people in their own family have been healed.”

Healed of what and healed in what way?

What is happening is that people who don’t like Bible Christianity, don’t want to obey the Bible, don’t want to feel guilty for their sin, and have rejected the “angry” God of Scripture, are responding enthusiastically to the man-made idol presented in “The Shack.” The following is typical of the postings at Young’s MySpace site by readers of the book:

“Your book, The Shack, is amazing! It has changed so many people’s idea of what God is really like! It has set some of my friends free!”

Miracles do not prove that something is of God. There is one that the Bible calls “the god of this world” (2 Corinthians 4:4), and he can do miracles and answer prayers. I saw miracles and experienced answers to prayers when I was the member of a Hindu meditation society before I came to Christ. Miracles are not the proof of the truth; the Bible alone is the proof. The prophet Isaiah said, “To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them” (Isaiah 8:20).

CONCLUSION

“The Shack” is another building stone of the end-times Tower of Babel.

God’s people must be exceedingly careful in these days of awful apostasy. The Bible warns:

“Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins” (Hebrews 10:25-26).

The willful sin described in this verse points back to the sin referred to in verse 29. It is the sin of counting the blood of salvation an unholy thing. It is the rejection of personal salvation through the blood of Christ, which many in the emerging church are doing. You can’t be saved if you reject the substitutionary atonement.

In these days we need to stay in the Bible every day and be in sweet communion with Christ, confessing our sins and walking in the light.

And we need to capture the heart of the next generation and educate them so they will not be taken captive by the wiles of the devil and the guile of false teachers.

http://www.wayoflife.org/database/shackscoolgod.html
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2015, 03:41:07 pm »

Octavia Spencer to Play God in Lionsgate’s Adaptation of ‘The Shack’ (EXCLUSIVE)

Octavia Spencer is in final negotiations to play God in Lionsgate’s adaptation of the bestselling novel “The Shack.”

Stuart Hazeldine is directing the pic, with Gil Netter producing through Netter Productions along with Brad Cummings. Production is set to start this spring.

Based on the William P. Young novel published in 2007, the story follows a man whose youngest daughter is abducted during a family vacation, with evidence found in an abandoned shack leading authorities to believe she was murdered. Four years later, the man receives a note, apparently from God, inviting him back to the shack and, against his better judgment, he accepts the invitation and finds something there that will change his life forever.

The book adaptation would be a major project for Lionsgate, which acquired it in 2013, as it has sold more than than 18 million copies worldwide in 39 languages, with 10 million in the U.S.

The role looks like another strong opportunity for Spencer, who won an Academy award for her role in “The Help.”

Spencer has been busy since her Oscar win, balancing her time between dramas, tentpoles and TV roles. In 2014, she appeared in “Snowpiercer,” James Brown biopic “Get on Up,” and Relativity drama “Black and White,” for which she received some of her strongest reviews since “The Help.”

This year she will be seen next in “Insurgent,” the follow-up to the box office hit “Divergent,” followed by Voltage pic “Fathers and Daughters.”

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/octavia-spencer-to-play-god-in-lionsgates-adaptation-of-the-shack-exclusive-1201447881/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2016, 06:39:02 pm »

Blasphemous Novel ‘The Shack’ to Be Released as Film Featuring God as Woman, Music From Hillsong United

Concerns are being raised as the popular and blasphemous novel “The Shack” will be released as a film in 2017—a book that portrays God the Father as a woman, and that some say unbiblically teaches universalism.

William P. Young’s 2007 novel is stated to have sold approximately 20 million copies and has been translated into 39 languages. In 2013, Lionsgate Entertainment obtained the rights to turn the book into a film, which is now scheduled to be released in March 2017 and is currently being promoted nationwide.

“The Shack” tells the story of a man named Mackenzie “Mack” Phillips who faces a crisis while on a family vacation as his youngest daughter Missy is abducted and presumably killed in an abandoned shack. Years later, the grieving father receives a note from “Papa,” who tells Phillips that it has “been a while” and to meet up at the shack the following weekend.

Reluctantly, Phillips returns to the site, where he meets the Godhead, portrayed as what Young called a “fat black woman,” another young woman named Sarayu, and a carpenter named Jesus, who seek to help him deal with his faltering faith and to learn to forgive.

The film features Octavia Spencer as “Papa,” who is asked blatantly by Phillips, played by Sam Worthington, “Where were you when I needed you?”

“I never left you. I never left Missy,” she replies with tears.

Sumire Matsubara, a young Asian woman, plays the Holy Spirit, portrayed in the book as Sarayu.

Spencer told reporters prior to the film’s production, “[P]eople have to remember it’s a manifestation of God—how [the film subject] sees God—not necessarily how or who or what God is.”

In addition to music from country stars Tim McGraw and Faith Hill, Lady Antebellum, Brett Eldredge and Dierk Bentley, the film also features songs from Christian-identified groups Hillsong United and NeedtoBreathe.

But some have expressed concern not only over the portrayals in “The Shack,” but also the numerous messages that they state are unbiblical. James De Young, a professor of New Testament Language and Literature at Western Seminary in Oregon, wrote a book entitled “Burning Down the Shack: How the ‘Christian’ Bestseller is Deceiving Millions.”

“A relationship with God comes only by personal trust or faith placed in Jesus Christ,” he told WND. “For the book to ignore this core of faith is to propound another and different gospel to that of Jesus and the Apostles. It is the heart of the gospel, but it is ignored in the heresy of universal salvation.”

De Young said that in “The Shack,” “ultimately there’s no divine Savior and Lord, because if people including the devil and his angels get into Heaven, there’s no cross left to preach.”

“If we cast off the uniqueness of the gospel message, then God is relegated to an understanding of a deity of our own creation,” he stated.

Others have also noted that “The Shack” suggests that God is all love and no justice, and will never judge men for their sins, nor will any be tormented eternally in Hell.

“I can already imagine ‘The Shack’ Bible studies, sermon series, and of course the social media hype, not to mention busloads of small groups fellowshiping and praising ‘Papa’ for another opportunity to share Jesus. But which Jesus?” asked Amy Spreeman of Berean Research.

http://christiannews.net/2016/12/11/blasphemous-novel-the-shack-to-be-released-as-film-featuring-god-as-woman-music-from-hillsong-united/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2018, 07:21:55 pm »

Oprah Winfrey And Stephen Colbert Take Turns Mocking God, Jesus And The Bible On The Late Show • Now The End Begins
by Geoffrey Grider

God was presented, in animated form, as a Jim Carrey-esque hallucination flashing gang signs and shocked to know that He was known by someone so famous as Oprah Winfrey.

“But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof: I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you. Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me: For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:” Proverbs 1:25-29 (KJV)

The other night on the Stephen Colbert show, Colbert discussed with guest Oprah Winfrey the possibility of her running for president in 2020. Winfrey famously said not too long ago that if she were to run for president, she would need a ‘sign from God’.

“I went into prayer,” she said of the calls and speculation around a possible run for president. “I had people – wealthy, billionaires – calling me up and saying, ‘I can get you a billion dollars. I can run your campaign’,” she told US magazine People. “That many people saying something made me think, ‘Am I at least supposed to look at the question?’”

She went on to say: “God, if you think I’m supposed to run, you gotta tell me, and it has to be so clear that not even I can miss it. And I haven’t gotten that yet”.

So on The Late Show, Colbert produced ‘God’ as an animation on the ceiling of the studio, urging Winfrey to run for president. What followed next was mockery of God, Jesus Christ and the Bible on a level I can’t say I ever remember seeing before.

God was presented, in animated form, as a Jim Carrey-esque hallucination flashing gang signs and shocked to know that He was known by someone so famous as Oprah Winfrey. Colbert’s ‘god’ says things like “Oh wow, Oprah knows who I am?? I can’t wait to tell Jesus!”.

Now we know that Stephen Colbert is an atheist in addition to being a **** Hollywood Liberal, so we don’t expect much out of him. I will say, though, that even this surprised me. But Oprah Winfrey talks constantly about her ‘relationship with God‘, and says she ‘absolutely knows His Voice’ when she hears it. Yet, somehow, this woman who claims to be a Christian, thought it was great sport to mock and trivialize the very God who created her, on national television, over something like a run for political office.

People, this is the time we find ourselves in, the very last days before the Rapture of the Church takes place. After we go up and out of here, what you see in this disgusting skit from Winfrey and Colbert will be on every screen all day and all night as God is mocked and Antichrist is worshipped. Oprah Winfrey for years now has been part of those apostates sowing the seeds of the One World Religion, where every way is the right way, except for the narrow way of Jesus Christ.

“Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;” Titus 2:13 (KJV)

Flight #777 on Titus213 Airlines is now boarding…who’s ready to go up?

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/oprah-winfrey-stephen-colbert-take-turns-mocking-god-jesus-bible-on-late-night-tv/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2018, 01:58:25 am »

Author of the New Age Book 'The Shack' Claims That Salvation Can Happen After Death: 'I don't think that death is our damnation'

The book ‘The Shack’ was authored by a man named William P. Young and was recently turned into a major motion picture which portrayed God as a woman.

William was recently interviewed by Eternity News, regarding his new documentary “The Heart of Man,” in which he claimed that after death, mankind is still granted the chance to be reconciled after death.

In reference is the wildly popular prodigal son parable from Scripture, where William and Eternity News are discussing the consequences if the prodigal son does not return to the Father.

Young stated in regards to such; “You’re putting a ‘[if you] don’t return’ as if death is the final arbiter.”

Furthermore, William said that he holds a different view than most and that when Scripture is talking about “neither death nor life … shall be able to separate us from the love of God,” it is not just talking to Christians; instead, it is talking to all mankind.

“[E]very time the New Testament talks about the issue of judgment, it talks about krisis—the Greek word for judgment—and it’s a crisis. You’re going to enter a crisis, and I don’t think the story is over; I don’t think death is our damnation,” Young claimed.

Young did, however, say that Jesus is both the Savior and Judge and that men will receive ramifications for their actions and choices. The author also believes that they can potentially change their minds as God continues to pursue them.

“I think that Jesus is both our salvation and rightful judge, but that judgment is intended for our good, not our harm,” Young said. “So, what does it mean? Well, you get to experience the losses of your choices, and that’s no fun. I mean it’s devastating.”

The interviewer then asked if Young meant only in this life or for eternity, to which he responded that it depends on whether or not the person changes their choices after death.

“[The consequences are] potentially for eternity, if you keep holding on to it. But I don’t think the story is over just because you die,” Young stated. “I think there is an ongoing relational confrontation between the One who knows you best and loves you best. Potentially forever and, potentially, you could say ‘no’ forever. How someone could do that I don’t know, but definitely, that tension is held in Scripture for sure.”

William Young, the author of The Shack once again goes entirely against Scripture in his teachings. Unfortunately, many who have seen the movie the shack and or read the book are being wildly led astray by a man who claims that our choices in this life can change after we die.

https://christianjournal.net/turning-point/author-new-age-book-shack-claims-salvation-can-happen-death-dont-think-death-damnation/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2018, 07:22:00 am »

Oprah Winfrey's 'O' Magazine Promotes 'Shout Your Abortion' Movement

Oprah’s “O” magazine recently published an article in its “inspiration” section written by the founder of the “Shout Your Abortion” movement, in which she shared how a Facebook post expressing her “gratitude” to Planned Parenthood for her abortion snowballed into over 300,000 people tweeting the “ShoutYourAbortion” hashtag and the launching on an official organization of the same name.

“O” magazine’s July issue featured the article “How One Woman Became an Activist With the Hashtag #ShoutYourAbortion,” written by Amelia Bonow. The article is also posted on Oprah.com.

In the piece, Bonow outlined that she decided to come out about her abortion in 2015 after learning that the U.S. House of Representatives had voted to defund Planned Parenthood. She said that the news made her cry, and she began to type out her thoughts on Facebook.

“Like a year ago, I had an abortion at Planned Parenthood … and I remember this experience with a nearly inexpressible level of gratitude,” Bonow wrote.

She said that while she had been going to Planned Parenthood since her teen years for “sexual and reproductive healthcare” and has argued in favor of “abortion rights” before, she had never had gone public that she herself had an abortion.

“On some level, I’d internalized the stigma—though I honestly wasn’t ashamed. Then why hide?” Bonow stated in her article, published by “O” and also posted to Oprah.com. “It wasn’t out of character for me to disclose something so personal online. What was out of character was my silence.”

She said that other women soon began coming out that they had an abortion, and her friend asked if she could share the post on Twitter. Bonow’s friend added the hashtag “ShoutYourAbortion,” which soon went viral as thousands of women posted without shame that they too had an abortion.

“Anti-choice politicians have dominated the dialogue because many people think they don’t know anyone who’s had an abortion. But nearly one in four women has, and 95 percent have reported feeling that it was the right decision,” she claimed.

Bonow asserted that those who oppose abortion want it “to be terrifying to speak the truth” in order to squelch advocacy. She said that when women come out, it makes it clear that abortion is more common than one might think.

As previously reported, earlier this year, Bonow and others embarked on a “Bible Belt Abortion Storytelling Hour” tour to contend that “abortion is normal” and to urge mothers who ended their children’s lives to tell their abortion story. The tour included stops in Atlanta, Georgia; Asheville, North Carolina and New Orleans, Louisiana.

One commenter said that perhaps, conversely to the intent of those behind the effort, speaking openly about abortion could actually open some women’s eyes.

“[T] he truth will set people free. Believing big people can attain benefits by spilling the blood of little unwanted people is demonic,” wrote Jeriah Knox. “Abortion is murder, fueled and driven by man’s lust.”

“It is time to deal with the truth that unrestrained wicked men, as the bigger stronger bodies, will keep abortion around just as long as they keep pornography around and for the same reasons,” he opined. “Abortion rights make women cheap, accessible, and exchangeable, with no commitments, no responsibilities, and no bother to be considerate of her physiology.”

Jeremiah 8:12 reads, “Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? Nay, they were not at all ashamed, neither could they blush.”
Abortion is Murder

https://christiannews.net/2018/08/26/oprah-winfreys-o-magazine-promotes-shout-your-abortion-movement/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2019, 02:17:13 pm »

Oprah Winfrey launching wellness arena tour in early 2020

Oprah Winfrey is taking her motivational spirit on the road early next year with an arena tour to promote a healthier lifestyle.

The former talk-show host and OWN television network chief announced Wednesday that the “Oprah’s 2020 Vision: Your Life in Focus” tour will begin Jan. 4 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. She is working in conjunction with WW (Weight Watchers Reimagined) to offer a full-day of wellness conversations during the nine-city tour. She made the announcement on Facebook on Wednesday.

The tour will conclude in Denver on March 7. She will also make stops in Los Angeles; San Francisco; Atlanta; Dallas; Charlotte, North Carolina; Brooklyn, New York; and St. Paul, Minnesota.

It’s her first national tour in five years. She has been to Canada and Australia more recently.

Along with high-profile guests, Winfrey said she wants to empower audiences to tap into their potential. The names of her guests will be released at a later date.

“What I know for sure is we can all come together to support a stronger, healthier, more abundant life — focused on what makes us feel energized, connected and empowered,” Winfrey said in a statement. “As I travel the country, my hope for this experience is to motivate others to let 2020 be the year of transformation and triumph — beginning first and foremost with what makes us well. This is the year to move forward, let’s make it happen in 2020.”

Winfrey has held other successful speaking tours, including “Oprah’s The Life You Want Weekend” in 2014. “Oprah’s Lifeclass” was a show.

During her upcoming tour, Winfrey will talk about her wellness journey with attendees and help develop their 2020 action plan. She will also share the latest in wellness research and interactive workbook exercises.

Each tour stop will feature Winfrey in a one-on-one interview with a celebrity guest.

“This is an extraordinary opportunity for (WW) to do what we do best: bring communities of people together with a shared goal of health and wellness,” said Mindy Grossman, president and CEO of WW.

Over $1 million from tour proceeds will benefit WW Good, a philanthropic area of the organization to help bring fresh and healthy food to underserved communities.

https://apnews.com/78da154f0561450abce19565a0f8db33
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: