End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 02:28:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Dutchman Builds Noah's Ark a Second Time

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dutchman Builds Noah's Ark a Second Time  (Read 1443 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« on: May 31, 2011, 02:08:23 pm »

Dutchman Builds Noah's Ark a Second Time

A man in the Netherlands has almost completed building a replica of Noah’s ark, identical in size to the one in the Bible.

Following the exact measurements recorded in the book of Genesis, the successful construction company owner, Johan Huibers, has been working on the ark for a few years now and he is set to finish by July, according to The New York Times.

This is not the first time he has attempted to create Noah’s ark. He built a smaller one, though still massive, and had opened the door to visitors in 2007. According to the NY Times, the ark drew more than 600,000 people in about three years.

Building Noah’s ark has long been a dream of Huibers’. He recalled to Diagonal View that he came across a book titled Ark of Noah at a bookshop he was working at and noted the nice pictures is contained.

“I thought to myself, it would be nice when we rebuild the ark and make a replica of the ark of Noah to tell a story, the stories of the Bible.”

Though the 60-year-old was able to make profit from the previous ark, he told the NY Times that his ultimate goal is to point people to the Bible and to God.

He plans to use the new ark as a live example of the story of Noah and the ark will also include live animals.

Huibers hasn’t decided yet where he wants to take it once he’s finished. So far, three places are in line, hoping to host the ark.

A small town in Netherlands, Dordrecht with a population of about 118,000 is hoping to get the ark. Recently, the water levels have been higher in that area, devastating the farmlands due to flooding.

City officials hope that by hosting the ark it will save the town one way or another, as it draws tourists.

Investors from Texas have also asked Huibers to bring the ark to Galveston.

Meanwhile, Huibers, prefers to take it to London, he indicated to the Times. He is hoping it will be there by next summer during the Olympic Games.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/dutchman-builds-noahs-ark-a-second-time-50662/
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 04:30:03 am »

I'm sure there would be many people out there who would like to buy one!
Report Spam   Logged
Believer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 12:19:38 pm »

I would love to see one to the scale and dimensions of the Bible.  Can't wait until he is finished.
Report Spam   Logged
Believer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 08:07:27 am »

Now that's what I call an Olympic event: Life-sized replica of Noah's Ark to sail up Thames for 2012 games... complete with animals

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1392775/London-2012-Olympics-Life-size-Noahs-Ark-sail-Thames.html

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 08:15:58 am »

That will be something, p.s. that pic is of the little one he built.
Report Spam   Logged

Believer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 08:31:18 am »

That will be something, p.s. that pic is of the little one he built.

Can you imagine the one to scale!!!   Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 08:39:50 am »

Can you imagine the one to scale!!!   Shocked

It will be something to see.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 06:08:36 am »

Life-Size Ark Replica Takes Shape in Holland

A Dutchman is building a replica of Noah's Ark that matches the dimensions of the vessel found in the Bible, an idea that started nearly 20 years ago.

Drive about an hour south of Amsterdam and you can see the ark. The big idea began with a dream in 1992.

"In the nighttime, I dreamed that a part of Holland was flooded. So the next day when I woke up, I said to my wife, 'I'm going to build the ark of Noah,'" Johan Huibers told CBN News.

A Bigger Dream

Despite objections from his wife and others, Huibers first built one replica, one-tenth the size of Noah's original ark.

More than 600,000 visitors came to see that one, but Huibers had a bigger dream.

Huibers built the ark the same dimensions as Noah did -- 300 cubits long, 50 cubits wide, and 30 cubits high.

The replica is huge. Some say the ark was the largest wooden structure ever to roam the seas.

To make a comparison, it is the length of one and a half football fields and the size of a five-story building.

"But exactly how do you build an ark?" CBN News asked Huibers.

"I didn't make plans you know. I had no drawings. I had nothing. I had the will to build the boat," he replied.

"I asked God everyday, 'Give me the ideas -- how to do it.' And God gave me day by day, so it was very easy," he said.

Life-Size Reality

The ark also carries replicas of the animals that according to the Bible were carried by the original ark.

"We ordered them from the Philippines, put them into a container and put them in the ark of Noah," Huibers said.

"A real size elephant, you can see how big it is. Unbelievable! It must have been incredible in the ark of Noah," he added.

But is the story about Noah real? Huibers explained that there are more than 200 stories of a massive flood in ancient history.

"It's the same story. There was somebody who took all the animals inside a boat and he survived," Huibers said.

In addition, some people say the Chinese symbol for boat is a vessel plus eight people -- the same number of people on Noah's ark.

Why an Ark?

But why did this modern-day Noah want to build the ark in the first place?

"To tell the people about the ark -- who is God? That people start to read the Bible again," he explained.

"The Bible is just put away somewhere in the house. Nobody cares about it, but I will open their mind that they will start to read again in the Bible," Huibers said.

"When you read the Bible, God will be there and give you all the answers," he added.

Huibers' ark in Holland is not the only life-size replica of Noah's ark in the world today. In Hong Kong, Christian developers, along with the Hong Kong government, built a life-size replica in a modern-day theme park.

But unlike Huibers ark, it's doesn't float.

The Days of Noah

Huibers believes the ark is a sign of the days we're living in, just like in the days of Noah.

"They are terrible, like the same situation as in the time of Noah. Nobody cares about God. Nobody cares about each other. They kill each other for nothing. Unbelievable," he told CBN News.

Huibers said there are more signs of the times.

"There are floods all over the world, earthquakes, and you can read it every day in the newspapers. Volcanoes. I think we are very nearby the end of the days," Huibers said.

Just like Noah, people have criticized Huibers.

"It was a very hard time. Everybody asking, why? It's not necessary and you don't have permission to build the ark of Noah," he said.

However, Huibers and his team persevered. They expect to finish the ark by November of 2011 and hope to take it to the 2012 London Olympics.

And what's his message to the world?

"It's very important for me. When God asked somebody to do something, he has to do it and obey," Huibers said. "And don't say I can't do it. Just do it. That's my message."

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2011/August/Life-Size-Ark-Replica-Takes-Shape-in-Holland-/
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: