End Times and Current Events
March 29, 2024, 02:29:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Budget cuts force Calif. police and firemen to watch man drown

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Budget cuts force Calif. police and firemen to watch man drown  (Read 283 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« on: June 01, 2011, 01:06:34 pm »

Budget cuts force Calif. police and firemen to watch man drown

Police and firemen in Alameda, California watched a man drown on Monday after realizing they did not have proper certifications for water rescue, leaving them open to possible lawsuits if they attempted a rescue.

The drowning victim, 53-year-old Raymond Zack, was apparently suicidal, according to a report from the scene. He waded out about 150 yards into cold waters off Crown Beach in Alameda and began took about an hour to drown himself.

A crowd of about 75 gathered to watch the bizarre scene, which saw police and firemen just standing at shoreline watching helplessly. After the man had drowned, authorities couldn’t even go into the surf to retrieve the body. They instead recruited a passer-by for the job.

City officials reportedly blamed the incident on budget cuts and said they would have a discussion about why Alameda, an island city, does not have proper authorization to rescue people from the waters surrounding it.

This video is from ABC 7 in San Francisco, Calif., broadcast May 30, 2011.

http://www.rawstory.com/rawreplay/2011/06/calif-police-and-firemen-watch-man-drown-due-to-budget-cuts/

Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Believer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 01:42:08 pm »

Wow, what a shame, not even one person attempted to save this man.  Even if the police and fireman couldn't do it on authority of their profession, they could have done it based upon their own merits and humanity, throwing the 'cost' to the wind.  I do know it is dangerous to try and save a drowning person, as they tend to use the rescuer as a floating device, which may drown him/her, but to not even try is mind-boggling and to instead just watch him drown.

They say they had no choice, but we all have choices and they obviously made theirs.  Indeed, for shame!
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 01:59:43 pm »

Wow, what a shame, not even one person attempted to save this man.  Even if the police and fireman couldn't do it on authority of their profession, they could have done it based upon their own merits and humanity, throwing the 'cost' to the wind.  I do know it is dangerous to try and save a drowning person, as they tend to use the rescuer as a floating device, which may drown him/her, but to not even try is mind-boggling and to instead just watch him drown.

They say they had no choice, but we all have choices and they obviously made theirs.  Indeed, for shame!

Ya, youd think there would have been at least 1 person willing to help.

Matthew 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Kilika
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 03:02:03 am »

they did not have proper certifications for water rescue

What idiots! You don't need certification to love your neighbor!  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Believer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 03:04:05 pm »

I'm sure if those service people had known the person they would have thrown the cost to the wind to save them. 

Matthew 25
41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: