End Times and Current Events
March 29, 2024, 09:28:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Other good Christian sites and forums.

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Other good Christian sites and forums.  (Read 12664 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2012, 10:33:31 am »

http://crossbearer-brian.tripod.com/

I ran into Brian O'Connell's web site when I was doing a youtube search on post-trib rapture 2 years ago. No, this isn't the only topic he talks about, he talks about ALOT of things. His ministry doesn't seem to be some typical 501c3 and is seemed to be runned by merely a "fellowship of believers".

You can also participate in discussions when he does blogs et al. Overall, it's a very nice web site with alot of info that he puts out. Yes, he himself is KJV-only(and uses scripture on his site only with this version), however, at the same time, he's thinks there's a bit too much fuss over trying to get everyone to read the KJV only(ie-he himself was saved out of an NIV, and seems like he feels a bit hypocritical that everyone has to go after others to read the KJV).

But hey, it's only a minor reservation I have. It's not like he's Russ Dizzdar or other watchmen ministries where they're completely slamming the KJV. Overall, again, a very good site.

Well, my apologies here for recommending this web site - after further review, there seems to be alot of red flags with this guy's(Brian O'Connell) ministry.

1) Saying he was annointed a "Crossbearer" screams Churchianity, and even Occultish. I believe when Jesus says he who doesn't take up his cross and follow me can't be my disciple was spoken to ALL Christians, and NOT some "select few" to travel around the country and world to preach the gospel.

2) He's done ministry work with some questionable churches. Assembly of God being one of them(AOG has ties to the charismatics), and other 501c3 corporate entities. You talk about quite a bit of leaven.

3) He doesn't seem to give God all the glory. For example, he would boast about giving out 8000 tracts one time. Personally, I'm a pro-tract guy, but nonetheless, he should realize that all we do is plant and water, and God giveth the increase.

4) He subscribes to the great tribulation being 3.5 years, and not 7. Now this is the Jesuit-scholar Francisco Rivera/NASB bible view.(and even Eugene Peterson's The Message Bible believes this as well) This is the view where in Daniel's 70th week, the confirmation of the covenant was when Jesus Christ did his 3.5 year ministry on earth in the 1st half, and the 2nd 3.5 years won't happen until the AC reveals himself. Again, Jesus Christ did his 3.5 year earthly ministry during the first 69 weeks(and scripture in Daniel 9 makes this clear). I believe Steve Quayle believes this view as well.

I know we all see through a glass darkly, but nonetheless it IS important that as Christians, we believe the PROPER escatology view, and not have this attitude that "We should respect other people's escatology views even though they're Preterists" attitude. Even the 3.5 year view was something the Jesuits put out.

5) He claims to use the KJV primarly, but he wrote a piece defending the other versions. His piece was very flawed b/c he used alot of the corrupted lexicons to prove the NKJV, NIV, etc are good bibles(and even defended James White, and attacked Gail Ripplinger). He also said other dumb stuff like how the KJV-only crowd doesn't preach the gospel to the lost b/c they're busy promoting the KJV to them.  Huh Uhhh, yeah...we FIRST preach the gospel to them, THEN give them a KJV. Anything wrong with that? If I were you, I wouldn't be handing out those wicked bibles to the lost.

Now this should not sit well with any Christian - someone who says he(or she) is primarly KJV, but has no qualms with the other versions. Personally, I'll take an evangelist who primarily uses some other version over someone who claims to use the KJV, but supports the other versions.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: