End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 11:30:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Other good Christian sites and forums.

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Other good Christian sites and forums.  (Read 12621 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2011, 07:59:47 am »

Hey back to you Kilika.

BornAgain2 mentions a few websites I am familiar with, there have been a few Prophecy Forums formed by various banned RR members.  Some have closed down now and there are one or two that have very few members that post so it may be days before you get a reply.

There was End Times Round Table - don't know if it exists any more as I haven't been there for almost 2 years(they had to revamp it b/c there ended up being alot of infighting b/w pre and post trib believers - surprising b/c for awhile, the discussions were very civl on it until one day in Oct 2009). Anyhow, this site came about b/c 1/2 of the members on RR got banned(for no reason at all) in July 2008. It was a big mystery to everyone.

Pretty much, there is alot of on-again, off-again spiritual warfare on there, and yes, the mods on there IMHO are pretty suspicious. I merely surf the threads on there, and notice how whenever in their political forums someone merely points out Rick Perry's evil deeds(ie-the HV shots young girls got in TX), a couple of people would just butt in and insist how this was a "mistake", and end up subtlely belittling those who pointed out these evil deeds.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2011, 08:02:04 am »

Hi NextStopHeaven,

Welcome to the forum

Have you tried the AV toolbar at www.contendingfortruth.com ?

It will help you pick some Christian sites.
Report Spam   Logged
NextStopHeaven

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2011, 07:27:17 pm »

Hi NextStopHeaven,

Welcome to the forum

Have you tried the AV toolbar at www.contendingfortruth.com ?

It will help you pick some Christian sites.

I hate installing toolbars and then having to uninstall them as you never get rid of all their component 100%.  My OLd PC is limping along at the moment and I even did a clean up as best I could.  I assume the website might have some Christian forum site suggestions or links so I will check the website out.

I have installed Worthy Links Christian Search Engine  (not as a tool bar but on my list of search engines only).  That is how I came across the most recent Christian site I went to but as I said before they were really at each others throat there.  I checked out a few more websites but either they have specific doctrines I can't agree with or are very restrictive to the point of brainwashing.  I've spent a few months checking them out.  One I was recommended by another ex-RR member is RITAN or Rapture in the Air Now.  I don't have broadband and  they are a bit graphics heavy so it takes me ages to go from one page to another and I haven't spent much time there.  Olders mainly text style boards suit me better because I have only dialup (heaven help me when the modem goes you can't buy new ones and I think my provider wants to force us over to broadband but I don't think I can go from $8.00 a month to around $60.00). 

So I have a few PC issues to consider not just what the forum is like. 

Honestly so far the other forums I have tried really haven't been as good as RR despite their mods being a bit over the top these days.  I was with RR before Todd Strandberg retired and changed the admin and mods.  It was my second experience of a Christian forum and I was grateful because it was so good compared to the first one.  I can tell you some of the others I have checked out since having a look at what is out there has made my hair curl.  It certainly gave me an education in what some Liberal Christians believe these days and I accidently came across some secular boards with a supposed Religious Section where there were some Christians as well.  I need to get out more I have been sort of wrapped in Christian Cotton wool until now.

This board seems good I was thinking why don't I just stay here if you will have me?
Report Spam   Logged

Jesus came in Flesh.
Kilika
« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2011, 06:27:57 pm »

Well, it's not very busy, and not alot of members, but I think the Lord has blessed this place to be pretty peaceful and informative, "as using this world and not abusing it".

"Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool." Isaiah 1:18 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
NextStopHeaven

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2011, 08:45:08 pm »

Thanks Kilika,

Well not too busy is fine.  I'm tired of the boards where there a long bickering sessions over who knows what because by the time you get to the thread it has decended into name calling and it doesn't glorify God. 

I just want to chat a little with reasonable people.  Quiet is good.

Report Spam   Logged

Jesus came in Flesh.
ipso facto

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2011, 05:49:52 am »

http://revelationsradionetwork.com/

A site for mp3 podcasts and radio shows on various Christian topics

( many hosted by different persons, so discernment is encouraged )
Report Spam   Logged
Overcast

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2011, 03:09:20 pm »

Here's a good one a few might enjoy.

www.unshackled.org

Report Spam   Logged

... knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.”  (2 Peter 3)
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2011, 04:52:16 pm »

Here's a good one a few might enjoy.

www.unshackled.org

By any chance, are you the same guy with this username over on PPF? I like reading your posts over there. Do you also listen to Scott Johnson's weekly studies?

Either way, welcome to this forum!
Report Spam   Logged
Overcast

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2011, 09:47:34 am »

By any chance, are you the same guy with this username over on PPF? I like reading your posts over there. Do you also listen to Scott Johnson's weekly studies?

Either way, welcome to this forum!

Yep, I was PMing Dok about a thread, and he pointed me this way.
Report Spam   Logged

... knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.”  (2 Peter 3)
Edward Palamar

Greetings in the Resurrected Christ!

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2011, 11:21:21 pm »

I have a question.  Has anyone here been to Rapture in the Air Now {RITAN).  I have noticed they are similar to Rapture Ready but I have a few reservations about them.  If anyone has any good or bad observations of their own I would appreciate it.

Thanks
RITAN has at least one resident cyberdevil.
Report Spam   Logged

the resurrected Prophet of the Most High,
St. John the Baptist,
whom Jesus Christ calls "the Elias who was to come",
enjoying the rapture of Christ's love in the duty of Petrus Romanus (Peter the Roman),
your ultimate, penultimate authority,
the sign of the Son of man in heaven (Matt. 24:30)
Watchman57
« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2011, 06:37:03 am »

http://www.newswatchmagazine.org

http://www.trunews.com

http://www.cuttingedge.org

http://www.lasttrumpetministries.org

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AppProphecyNewsWatch

Report Spam   Logged
Christian40

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2011, 04:54:25 am »

Thanks for the recommendations.

I have recommended the cuttingedge website but alot of people find it unappealing Huh

I guess because it shows the truth and there is a shock factor Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
akfools
« Reply #72 on: November 16, 2011, 12:19:02 pm »

Preacher Bureau of Investigations
Exposing The Greed In Our Pulpits

http://www.pimppreacher.com/
Report Spam   Logged
akfools
« Reply #73 on: November 16, 2011, 12:22:32 pm »

For Generations.Net
Expose Darkness Preach Truth

http://forgenerations.net/
Report Spam   Logged
akfools
« Reply #74 on: November 16, 2011, 12:25:37 pm »

FalseTeacher.Com

Often times, when someone comes against the False Teachers, Charlatans and Heretics of their day, they are viciously attacked by the blind followers of such people. These blind followers usually don't pay much attention (if any) to the facts and Biblical objections offered, they just attack the messenger bringing the facts and Biblical objections. In philosophy, this is called an "ad hominen attack". It isn't a logical way to "win an argument" or to "prove your position". Attacking the messenger doesn't prove that his message is wrong. Our message to you is that the people listed on this website are false teachers. We aren't interested in helping you put together an "ad hominen attack" against us, so we won't be disclosing our identities. Who we are, what our background is and what our theological preferences are mean very little in this situation. What matters is whether or not the information presented on this website is true. If it is true, then you have a choice to make.

We plead with you to consider the information found on this website. We have taken lots of time and effort to put these resources together in one place and to put this website together. Please take the time to make use of it. There are so many people who are deceived by the false teachers on this website and we want to change that. If there is someone on this website that you have looked up to for some time, please just objectively consider the facts concerning that person. Your very soul may be at stake! The souls of others may be at stake too, if you are supporting these wolves in sheep's clothing. The more support you give them, the longer they go on in their "ministry" and the more people they will deceive. They must be put to a stop! That means that you need to open your eyes to the truth and stop supporting these charlatans!

Lastly, most of the resources found on this website were NOT originally created by us. We have simply taken the time to compile all of the articles, audios and videos and put them in one place. We hope that this website will be a blessing to people ALL AROUND THE WORLD who are deceived by these "clouds without water". So, we are indebted to those people who have taken their precious time to make the resources that are found on this website. We may not agree with every little thing said in each article, audio or video, but we definitely agree on one thing: THESE PEOPLE ARE FALSE TEACHERS. He who has ears to ear, may he HEAR, repent and walk in holiness before God!

http://www.false-teachers.com/index.html
Report Spam   Logged
akfools
« Reply #75 on: November 16, 2011, 12:29:09 pm »

Church and State Law by Jerald Finney

http://churchandstatelaw.com./index.html

http://jeraldfinney.wordpress.com/

Companion website: "Separation of Church and State Law Blog" this website has many articles and audio teachings concerning the issue of separation of church and state.
Report Spam   Logged
akfools
« Reply #76 on: November 16, 2011, 12:31:03 pm »

Prophecy News Watch
Keeping You Informed of World Events From A Biblical Perspective

http://www.prophecynewswatch.com/
Report Spam   Logged
akfools
« Reply #77 on: November 16, 2011, 12:32:52 pm »

ForGospelTruth

http://4gospeltruth.org/index.html
Report Spam   Logged
akfools
« Reply #78 on: November 16, 2011, 12:34:30 pm »

FreeHovind.com is dedicated to Kent Hovind - A prominent Creation Science speaker, debater, and evangelist. On January 19, 2007, Hovind was sentenced to 10 years in federal prison for tax related charges. Hovind's wife, Jo, was later sentenced to 2 years. This site is the creation of an unaffiliated individual to help share Hovind's message.

http://freehovind.com/index
Report Spam   Logged
akfools
« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2011, 02:09:14 am »

Ephesians 5:11 Blog

http://ephesians511.blogspot.com/

Report Spam   Logged
Christian40

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2011, 03:00:17 am »

A KJV Christian website from South Africa!

http://deanministries.page.tl/

How many of you have been to a South African website? Cool
Report Spam   Logged
skiesandclouds

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2011, 02:54:52 am »

here's another good site:

http://tcpc.ipbhost.com/index.php?
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 16, 2012, 10:33:31 am »

http://crossbearer-brian.tripod.com/

I ran into Brian O'Connell's web site when I was doing a youtube search on post-trib rapture 2 years ago. No, this isn't the only topic he talks about, he talks about ALOT of things. His ministry doesn't seem to be some typical 501c3 and is seemed to be runned by merely a "fellowship of believers".

You can also participate in discussions when he does blogs et al. Overall, it's a very nice web site with alot of info that he puts out. Yes, he himself is KJV-only(and uses scripture on his site only with this version), however, at the same time, he's thinks there's a bit too much fuss over trying to get everyone to read the KJV only(ie-he himself was saved out of an NIV, and seems like he feels a bit hypocritical that everyone has to go after others to read the KJV).

But hey, it's only a minor reservation I have. It's not like he's Russ Dizzdar or other watchmen ministries where they're completely slamming the KJV. Overall, again, a very good site.

Well, my apologies here for recommending this web site - after further review, there seems to be alot of red flags with this guy's(Brian O'Connell) ministry.

1) Saying he was annointed a "Crossbearer" screams Churchianity, and even Occultish. I believe when Jesus says he who doesn't take up his cross and follow me can't be my disciple was spoken to ALL Christians, and NOT some "select few" to travel around the country and world to preach the gospel.

2) He's done ministry work with some questionable churches. Assembly of God being one of them(AOG has ties to the charismatics), and other 501c3 corporate entities. You talk about quite a bit of leaven.

3) He doesn't seem to give God all the glory. For example, he would boast about giving out 8000 tracts one time. Personally, I'm a pro-tract guy, but nonetheless, he should realize that all we do is plant and water, and God giveth the increase.

4) He subscribes to the great tribulation being 3.5 years, and not 7. Now this is the Jesuit-scholar Francisco Rivera/NASB bible view.(and even Eugene Peterson's The Message Bible believes this as well) This is the view where in Daniel's 70th week, the confirmation of the covenant was when Jesus Christ did his 3.5 year ministry on earth in the 1st half, and the 2nd 3.5 years won't happen until the AC reveals himself. Again, Jesus Christ did his 3.5 year earthly ministry during the first 69 weeks(and scripture in Daniel 9 makes this clear). I believe Steve Quayle believes this view as well.

I know we all see through a glass darkly, but nonetheless it IS important that as Christians, we believe the PROPER escatology view, and not have this attitude that "We should respect other people's escatology views even though they're Preterists" attitude. Even the 3.5 year view was something the Jesuits put out.

5) He claims to use the KJV primarly, but he wrote a piece defending the other versions. His piece was very flawed b/c he used alot of the corrupted lexicons to prove the NKJV, NIV, etc are good bibles(and even defended James White, and attacked Gail Ripplinger). He also said other dumb stuff like how the KJV-only crowd doesn't preach the gospel to the lost b/c they're busy promoting the KJV to them.  Huh Uhhh, yeah...we FIRST preach the gospel to them, THEN give them a KJV. Anything wrong with that? If I were you, I wouldn't be handing out those wicked bibles to the lost.

Now this should not sit well with any Christian - someone who says he(or she) is primarly KJV, but has no qualms with the other versions. Personally, I'll take an evangelist who primarily uses some other version over someone who claims to use the KJV, but supports the other versions.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 17, 2012, 02:05:15 am »

http://www.excatholicsforchrist.com

See this father and son ministry in the UK that is KJV and in line with what we believe here.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #84 on: July 17, 2012, 03:44:21 am »

http://www.christianforums.com/

Anyone seen this site? They claim 300,000 members, and over 61 million posts in over 7 million threads.

Looks REAL churchianity-ish.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 17, 2012, 04:08:33 am »

Anyone seen this site? They claim 300,000 members, and over 61 million posts in over 7 million threads.

should be called catholic forums
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 17, 2012, 10:40:02 am »

Alot of these mainstream Christian forums(end times and otherwise) are heavily leavened - for example, some of them will claim that the KJV is the primary bible they use, but somehow they rationalize how the other versions are not bad. It's fairly obvious why b/c otherwise, they would end up scaring off alot of their members, meaning their donation$ will go down, meaning le$$ money coming into their pockets. Yeah, alot of these mainstream sites rake in alot of money.

But there are consequences - for example, in their Apostasy forums, you don't see anyone defending the KJV, and their exposing of wolves in sheep's clothing has become limited(ie-can't call out 501c3, organized religion, John MacArthur, etc).

Come to think of it, in one mainstream christian forum I surfed the other day, they were slamming Alberto Rivera, and used ONLY that one Greg Metz source to prove their points.(ie-Metz has been exposed as a liar and a potential Jesuit) In their other forums, unsurprisingly, they support alot of these seminary "bible colleges" like Liberty Univ.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #87 on: July 17, 2012, 01:58:03 pm »

In order for them to conform to the laws of Caesar, they must compromise the gospel, and so they do. And if it goes against the gospel, then it is fueled by the love of money.

"Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?" 2 Corinthians 6:14 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Aussie Micha

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 16, 2013, 04:45:18 am »

Anyway I noticed Born Again Got banned from Rapture ReadyI too had been banned last year when I had the hide to ask why one of my friends on there was banned when she was set upon first.  You don't question the mods why anybody is banned apparently and so I got banned for a while last year.  Sort of a slap on wrist thing to put me in line I guess.

Me three!!!!

We should open a Banned Rapture Ready thread!  Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2013, 10:12:55 pm »

www.kingjamesvideoministries.com

Bryan Delinger's site with new videos on it
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: