End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 11:21:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Other good Christian sites and forums.

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Other good Christian sites and forums.  (Read 12620 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2011, 12:53:11 pm »

http://freechristiantracts.org/home.html
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Believer

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2011, 12:05:29 pm »

There is also the infamous C.A.R.M forums for apologetics and study:

http://forums.carm.org/vbb/forum.php

I've been a member for a while, but they changed their format and it appears I am still in their membership, just start post count all over again.  Smiley
It's always been one for heavy duty debating and pretty informative and massive.  They have everything under the sun to discuss.
Report Spam   Logged
PeanutGallery

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2011, 12:58:26 pm »

There is also the infamous C.A.R.M forums for apologetics and study:
I've been a member for a while,

I spend most of time in RCC forum, and pop in KJVO.
That KJVO is rough; no faith in God's promises, no source of final authority, all they have is their own vain human wisdom.
1Tim 6:20  O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
2Tim 2:16  But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 01:14:15 pm by PeanutGallery » Report Spam   Logged
Christian40

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2011, 03:20:58 am »

The Holy Bible is the most influential and widely published book ever written. It has been translated into over 2000 languages and still the world's bestseller every year. RadioActive Productions has brought to you a brand new recording of the King James Bible.

This fresh new audio recording of the Holy Bible is narrated by British Simon Peterson, who draws on 35 years experience as a Christian narrator and broadcaster to bring you his expressive reading of the authorized King James Version of the Bible.

To download some books of the Bible on mp3 audio visit: http://www.audiobiblekjv.org/index.html
Report Spam   Logged
jackie

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2011, 05:52:02 pm »

Thanks for that link and boy I am happy to hear you are KJV only believers!  If we can agree on that being the true Word of God for the English speaking people, then we can talk, otherwise, only debates and vain squabbling will take place.   
I absolutely know I have a lot to learn, and have been deceived many times thinking because they called themselves Christian's they were. 
God has given me a fresh hunger for TRUTH and I praise Him for that.  I have been asleep in the light for too long!         
Report Spam   Logged

Matt 24:42 "Watch therefor: for you know not what hour your Lord doth come."
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2011, 07:59:37 pm »

If we can agree on that being the true Word of God for the English speaking people, then we can talk, otherwise, only debates and vain squabbling will take place.   

How true that statement is!! Praise Jesus! Your foundation must be built on the word of God, if it isnt than you end up like Rob Bell.
Report Spam   Logged

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2011, 10:36:06 pm »

Thanks for that link and boy I am happy to hear you are KJV only believers!  If we can agree on that being the true Word of God for the English speaking people, then we can talk, otherwise, only debates and vain squabbling will take place.   
I absolutely know I have a lot to learn, and have been deceived many times thinking because they called themselves Christian's they were. 
God has given me a fresh hunger for TRUTH and I praise Him for that.  I have been asleep in the light for too long!         

Yep, this has been my experience on various Christian message boards - it wasn't so much they were "opposition-controlled", per se, but the admins and mods would allow posters to use any different version that wanted. Yah, there were a few that said how GREAT it was their churches were using NEW King James Versions(!). Seriously, Purpose Driven junk isn't any different from alot of these modern perverted versions like the NKJV.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2011, 03:57:08 am »

Thanks for that link and boy I am happy to hear you are KJV only believers! If we can agree on that being the true Word of God for the English speaking people, then we can talk, otherwise, only debates and vain squabbling will take place.   
God has given me a fresh hunger for TRUTH and I praise Him for that. I have been asleep in the light for too long!

Praise God! Well people ask me if i was born before 1611 what Bible i would have read. I think if i lived then i would have read the Geneva Bible. It is impossible to beat the Authorized King James Bible in English! I think it was a miracle that such a book came about. And part of the miracle is that you and i read it too Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2011, 07:35:21 am »

Praise God! Well people ask me if i was born before 1611 what Bible i would have read. I think if i lived then i would have read the Geneva Bible. It is impossible to beat the Authorized King James Bible in English! I think it was a miracle that such a book came about. And part of the miracle is that you and i read it too Wink

Let's not forget the failed gun-powder plot by Guy Fawkes and the Jesuits. Praise the Lord for putting throwing a monkey wrench in their plans!

Also, speaking of the Jesuits, Lincoln really spoke out against this group. Even he knew they were the ones causing chaos(if I understand this correctly, the south was the Pope's army in the US Civil war, please correct me if I'm wrong).
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2011, 12:57:28 pm »

The south the Popes army? UH no. (disclaimer: all my family is down-home southerners!)

The South was fighting for states rights, and the North made it look like a slavery thing, but actually the South was fed up with the North trying to manhandle the states, just as they are doing these days all over again.

Lincoln was NOT the great president that history makes him out to be. He was just another fed thug.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2011, 03:22:10 pm »

The south the Popes army? UH no. (disclaimer: all my family is down-home southerners!)

The South was fighting for states rights, and the North made it look like a slavery thing, but actually the South was fed up with the North trying to manhandle the states, just as they are doing these days all over again.

Lincoln was NOT the great president that history makes him out to be. He was just another fed thug.

You should read this book.
Fifty Years in the Church of Rome by Charles Chiniquy

Incredible biography and history. Chiniquy came into conflict with his church by reading the Bible and encouraging his congregation to do the same. His life was in peril when a young lawyer named Lincoln rose to defend him against the Roman Catholic Church.

http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/fiftyc.htm
PDF: http://arcticbeacon.com/books/Chiniquy-Fifty_Years_in_the_Church_of_Rome-1886-NOT-Bkmrkd.pdf
64 page comic: http://www.chick.com/catalog/comics/0251.asp

http://endtimesandcurrentevents.freesmfhosting.com/index.php/topic,1671.0.html
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 03:24:03 pm by Dok » Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2011, 06:01:43 pm »

Nothing personal, but not really interested in the history of the RCC. But are you saying Lincoln wasn't a bad guy? Or are you saying the South WAS the Pope's army? Without reading all that, I'm not sure what your getting at.

Sorry this went off topic! Maybe shift these last posts to that thread.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2011, 06:06:57 pm »

Anyhow, back to the topic(although admittedly, it was a nice mini-discussion) - like said above, the problem with most mainline message forums(Christian ones that is) is that with so many members flooding it, they've been forced to compromise. What if they took a stance on KJV-only? 501c3? Calling Billy Graham out as wolf? Yep, they would lose alot of members, and their site donations would plummet.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2011, 07:16:36 pm »

Nothing personal, but not really interested in the history of the RCC. But are you saying Lincoln wasn't a bad guy? Or are you saying the South WAS the Pope's army? Without reading all that, I'm not sure what your getting at.

Sorry this went off topic! Maybe shift these last posts to that thread.

cant think of any good President. all im saying is that Rome had a lot of influence on the south side of the war and Charles Chiniquy documented a lot of it from his time in the Catholic Church.
Report Spam   Logged

Christian40

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2011, 08:26:11 pm »

cant think of any good President. all im saying is that Rome had a lot of influence on the south side of the war and Charles Chiniquy documented a lot of it from his time in the Catholic Church.

What i dont know yet is how much of the US Population was Catholic at the time of the American civil war? I have heard the South were supported by the Catholic Church but i was thinking wouldn't the Catholic Church and the Jesuits want to give support to both sides of the war? How come the Catholic Church and the South didn't win against the North? It was the South that fired the first bullets in the war. Yes Abraham Lincoln is made to look like a hero but him being a hero is only a lie.

Anyway here is my suggestion for a Christian site:

http://studybible.info/

Read and Search the Bible in Greek, Hebrew, English, Latin, and other parallel versions.

Study online Hebrew and Greek interlinear translations and Bibles with Strong's Greek and Hebrew Lexicon numbers attached.

Easily lookup 340,000 hyperlinked cross references in the Treasury of Scripture Knowledge.

View scripture in the original languages of Greek and Hebrew as well as ancient translations such as the Greek Septuagint and Latin Vulgate.

Compare the KJV with Old English, Wycliffe, Tyndale, Coverdale, Bishop's, Geneva, Doughy-Rheims, and American Standard Bibles.

Find the meanings of Greek and Hebrew words in Strong's Lexicon, Thayer's Lexicon, Brown-Driver-Briggs' Lexicon, Vine's Expository Dictionary, Berry's New Testament Synonyms, and Trench's New Testament Synonyms.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2011, 11:33:23 pm »

http://crossbearer-brian.tripod.com/

I ran into Brian O'Connell's web site when I was doing a youtube search on post-trib rapture 2 years ago. No, this isn't the only topic he talks about, he talks about ALOT of things. His ministry doesn't seem to be some typical 501c3 and is seemed to be runned by merely a "fellowship of believers".

You can also participate in discussions when he does blogs et al. Overall, it's a very nice web site with alot of info that he puts out. Yes, he himself is KJV-only(and uses scripture on his site only with this version), however, at the same time, he's thinks there's a bit too much fuss over trying to get everyone to read the KJV only(ie-he himself was saved out of an NIV, and seems like he feels a bit hypocritical that everyone has to go after others to read the KJV).

But hey, it's only a minor reservation I have. It's not like he's Russ Dizzdar or other watchmen ministries where they're completely slamming the KJV. Overall, again, a very good site.
Report Spam   Logged
adorerofblood

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2011, 07:40:41 am »

I enjoy http://www.jesusfreakhideout.com/
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2011, 08:46:46 pm »

http://crossbearer-brian.tripod.com/

I ran into Brian O'Connell's web site when I was doing a youtube search on post-trib rapture 2 years ago. No, this isn't the only topic he talks about, he talks about ALOT of things. His ministry doesn't seem to be some typical 501c3 and is seemed to be runned by merely a "fellowship of believers".

You can also participate in discussions when he does blogs et al. Overall, it's a very nice web site with alot of info that he puts out. Yes, he himself is KJV-only(and uses scripture on his site only with this version), however, at the same time, he's thinks there's a bit too much fuss over trying to get everyone to read the KJV only(ie-he himself was saved out of an NIV, and seems like he feels a bit hypocritical that everyone has to go after others to read the KJV).

But hey, it's only a minor reservation I have. It's not like he's Russ Dizzdar or other watchmen ministries where they're completely slamming the KJV. Overall, again, a very good site.

Well, I asked him in one of his blog forums over whether he finds it concerning with the NIV coming from one of Rupert Murdoch's publishing companies a couple of weeks ago, he hasn't responded(maybe he's busy, dunno).

Just now, I asked him again with "In the light of what happened with Murdoch in recent days...". We'll see if he responds this time.

http://crossbearer-brian.tripod.com/blog/index.blog/1792802/blog/
Report Spam   Logged
Edward Palamar

Greetings in the Resurrected Christ!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2011, 08:14:09 pm »

. . . however, one of its subforums, Rapture Forums, despite having things that can make you shake your head, isn't bad at all . . .

They're just playing you for a buck.  Rapture Forums is the most satanic group of slobs due to the depravity of its administration.  The closest thing to rapture they have ever experienced they rejected because they reject Christ - they only want your money.
Report Spam   Logged

the resurrected Prophet of the Most High,
St. John the Baptist,
whom Jesus Christ calls "the Elias who was to come",
enjoying the rapture of Christ's love in the duty of Petrus Romanus (Peter the Roman),
your ultimate, penultimate authority,
the sign of the Son of man in heaven (Matt. 24:30)
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2011, 09:18:14 pm »

Welcome to the forum, Edward! Please introduce yourself in the "Introduce yourselves"(or something like that) forum section.
Report Spam   Logged
Edward Palamar

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2011, 09:34:43 pm »

Welcome to the forum, Edward! Please introduce yourself in the "Introduce yourselves"(or something like that) forum section.
I've looked for such a section a couple of times already, BA2, and haven't found it.

Both Jesus Christ and myself were conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit.  Some 1,925 years later, Christ Jesus has granted me rebirth, both body and soul - as before, I was sent before Israel to be tested, questioned, whatever - I'm on my last nickel, but it lasts forever.

I can list a few more sites that really suck, but this topic is meant to be about good Christian sites and forums - something I know rapture forums isn't.  It was listed here as something good, it just isn't so.
Report Spam   Logged

St. John the Baptist,
enjoying the rapture of Christ's love in the duty of Petrus Romanus (Peter the Roman),
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2011, 09:38:29 pm »

I've looked for such a section a couple of times already, BA2, and haven't found it.

Both Jesus Christ and myself were conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit.  Some 1,925 years later, Christ Jesus has granted me rebirth, both body and soul - as before, I was sent before Israel to be tested, questioned, whatever - I'm on my last nickel, but it lasts forever.

I can list a few more sites that really suck, but this topic is meant to be about good Christian sites and forums - something I know rapture forums isn't.  It was listed here as something good, it just isn't so.

http://endtimesandcurrentevents.freesmfhosting.com/index.php/board,10.0.html
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2011, 09:41:35 pm »

I'll just say this much about the other mainstream end times christian forums(like the one you mentioned Edward) - they do a decent job in watching and praying, as well as exposing the Emergent Church et al in these last days we're living in. HOWEVER, they don't address other important issues like Churchianity, the false bible versions, 501c3, just to name a few. One time I was met with hostility when I brought up Greg Dixon and the draconian 501c3 tag on that forum you mentioned. And I'm surprised too by the number of posters et al there that are open to some of the more modern translations like the NKJV.
Report Spam   Logged
Edward Palamar

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2011, 11:07:36 pm »

. . . they do a decent job in watching and praying . . .

Rejecting the rapture, the very premise of their on-line being, out of sheer blindness is not watching and praying.
Report Spam   Logged

St. John the Baptist,
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2011, 07:19:31 am »

I never thought of it like that.  Cheesy

Who's in my region? / Introductions
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 07:22:17 am by Dok » Report Spam   Logged

Edward Palamar

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2011, 08:57:49 am »

. . . 501c3 . . .

The bottom line about taxes is in the Holy Bible.  Unlike the seeming support Christ has given in calling a tax collector to be His disciple and the stories involving Caesar (such as the coin in the fish, render unto God . . .), there is a definite end to taxation found in Daniel 11:20, which also appears to be heaven sent.
Report Spam   Logged

St. John the Baptist,
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2011, 09:42:04 pm »

Thanks! Will check it out when I get the chance! Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
NextStopHeaven

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2011, 03:16:03 am »

I was doing a website search for Good Christian sites/forums when I came across this page on your forum.

Sorry let me say Hi, I'm a middle aged married Christian lady.  Long time Christian on the conservative side but adventerous and happy to meet other Christians from different backgrounds to mine. 

Anyway I noticed Born Again Got banned from Rapture Ready.  I too had been banned last year when I had the hide to ask why one of my friends on there was banned when she was set upon first.  You don't question the mods why anybody is banned apparently and so I got banned for a while last year.  Sort of a slap on wrist thing to put me in line I guess.

Anyway I have tried a couple of other Christian Forums to see if I could find another good one that was smaller and has Christian Believers who are Christ and Bible centered.  Unfortunately they were so argumentative and allowed quite a few heretical teachings without any serious intervention from the moderators.  There is such a thing as very lax moderators I found out.  Also these websites allowed members to personally attack each other.  That is just not my cup of tea.

So I have dropped in here to check out some of your suggestions.

I have a question.  Has anyone here been to Rapture in the Air Now {RITAN).  I have noticed they are similar to Rapture Ready but I have a few reservations about them.  If anyone has any good or bad observations of their own I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Report Spam   Logged

Jesus came in Flesh.
Kilika
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2011, 03:29:13 am »

Report Spam   Logged
NextStopHeaven

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2011, 06:42:11 am »

Hey back to you Kilika.

BornAgain2 mentions a few websites I am familiar with, there have been a few Prophecy Forums formed by various banned RR members.  Some have closed down now and there are one or two that have very few members that post so it may be days before you get a reply.

I have tried out Worthy Forums but I found there are a few very intense members there who have definite views or opinions and if you cross them they really make life difficult for you as they follow you around and goad you into debating them or are just plain obnoxious.

If I do a search for Christian or Jesus you come up with so many sites and it is hard to decide what sites to begin with.

Report Spam   Logged

Jesus came in Flesh.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: