End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 06:53:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The Islamic Apocalypse!!

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Islamic Apocalypse!!  (Read 18263 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: November 16, 2015, 01:42:05 pm »

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/one-day-after-paris-attacks-hillary-refused-to-use-the-term-radical-islam/
ONE DAY AFTER PARIS ATTACKS, HILLARY REFUSED TO USE THE TERM ‘RADICAL ISLAM’
“I don’t think we are at war with Islam,” Clinton replied. “I don’t think we are at war with all Muslims. I think we are at war with jihadists.”

11/15/15

PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE HILLARY CLINTON REFUSED TO USE THE TERM “RADICAL ISLAM” AT SATURDAY’S DEMOCRATIC DEBATE, JUST ONE DAY AFTER THE DEADLY TERROR ATTACKS IN PARIS.

“Marco Rubio, also running for president, said this attack showed that we are at war with radical Islam. Do you agree with that characterization, radical Islam?” the CBS News moderator asked.

“I don’t think we are at war with Islam,” Clinton replied. “I don’t think we are at war with all Muslims. I think we are at war with jihadists.”

THE MODERATOR INTERJECTED, “JUST TO INTERRUPT. HE DIDN’T SAY ALL MUSLIMS. HE JUST SAID RADICAL ISLAM. IS THAT A PHRASE YOU DON’T?”

“I think you can talk about Islamists who clearly are also jihadists, but I also think it’s not particularly helpful — to make the case that Senator Sanders was just making that I agree with we have to reach out to Muslim countries, we have to have them part of our coalition — if they hear people running for president who basically short cut it to say to say we are somehow against Islam,” Clinton said. “That was one of the real contributions, despite all the other problems, that George W. Bush made after 9/11.”

The terror attacks in Paris Friday night, which the Islamic State claimed credit for, killed at least 129 and injured scores of others. source
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 17, 2015, 09:11:50 pm »

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/203502#.VkvqJXarTIV
Egyptian cleric: The West, not Islam, created ISIS

Egyptian cleric extends condolences to France but says West shouldn't be surprised by ISIS attacks.

11/17/15

An Egyptian cleric, speaking on local television following the Paris terrorist attacks, expressed condolences over the attacks but also said that the West should not be surprised by them nor connect them to Islam.

The reason, according to Sheikh Khaled Elgendy, is that the Islamic State (ISIS), the jihadist group which claimed the attacks, was created by the West itself.

Elgendy’s comments were made on the Egyptian Al-Hayat TV and were translated by the Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI).

"The worst thing about all this is that some people try to link Islam to this terrorist conduct. We pray that Allah give them some reason and perspective, and that they realize the extent of the danger about which reasonable people in our country have warned. The president has also warned of this," said Elgendy in the clip translated by MEMRI.

"The problem is that some people believe that terrorism can be contained through niceties. This is a very harsh lesson. Anyone who keeps a snake is bound to be bitten by it," he continued before adding, "ISIS was created by the West. By no means was it created by Islam."

Elgendy went on to claim that the "complex professionalism" with which the terrorists carried out the attack proves they were well-trained and, as such, "This proves that the [West] trained these people in dangerous training camps, but then, they turned against it."

The remarks are not the first time that Muslim clerics have claimed that ISIS is a Western creation or that the West caused the group to arise.

The grand imam of Al-Azhar in Cairo claimed several months ago that the West has an interest in the "fragmentation" of the Islamic world and is partly to blame for the rise of ISIS.

Similarly, Iran's Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, claimed last year that the United States, Israel and the "wicked" British government were behind ISIS and had created the group "in order to create divisions and use them to fight against the Islamic Republic".
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 17, 2015, 09:16:21 pm »

https://www.rt.com/news/322305-isis-financed-40-countries/
Putin: ISIS financed from 40 countries, including G20 members
Published time: 16 Nov, 2015 14:29
Edited time: 16 Nov, 2015 20:58

President Vladimir Putin says he’s shared Russian intelligence data on Islamic State financing with his G20 colleagues: the terrorists appear to be financed from 40 countries, including some G20 member states.

During the summit, “I provided examples based on our data on the financing of different Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL) units by private individuals. This money, as we have established, comes from 40 countries and, there are some of the G20 members among them,” Putin told the journalists.

Putin also spoke of the urgent need to curb the illegal oil trade by IS.

"I’ve shown our colleagues photos taken from space and from aircraft which clearly demonstrate the scale of the illegal trade in oil and petroleum products," he said.

“The motorcade of refueling vehicles stretched for dozens of kilometers, so that from a height of 4,000 to 5,000 meters they stretch beyond the horizon," Putin added, comparing the convoy to gas and oil pipeline systems.

It’s not the right time to try and figure out which country is more and which is less effective in the battle with Islamic State, as now a united international effort is needed against the terrorist group, Putin said.

Putin reiterated Russia’s readiness to support armed opposition in Syria in its efforts to fight Islamic State.

"Some armed opposition groups consider it possible to begin active operations against IS with Russia's support. And we are ready to provide such support from the air. If it happens it could become a good basis for the subsequent work on a political settlement,” he said.

“We really need support from the US, European nations, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Iran,” the president added.

utin pointed out the change in Washington’s stance on cooperation with Moscow in the fight against the terrorists.

"We need to organize work specifically concentrated on the prevention of terrorist attacks and tackling terrorism on a global scale. We offered to cooperate [with the US] in anti-IS efforts. Unfortunately, our American partners refused. They just sent a written note and it says: ‘we reject your offer’,” Putin said.

“But life is always evolving and at a very fast pace, often teaching us lessons. And I think that now the realization that an effective fight [against terror] can only be staged together is coming to everybody,” the Russian leader said.

According to Putin, first of all it should be decided which groups in Syria can be considered terrorist organizations and which can be attributed to an armed, but still legitimate part of the Syrian opposition.

“Our efforts must be concentrated on the battle with terrorist organizations.”

Putin also disagreed with Western criticism of Russia’s actions in Syria, where the country has been carrying out a large-scale air campaign against Islamic State and other terror groups since September 30.

“It’s really difficult to criticize us,” he said, adding that Russia has repeatedly asked its foreign partners to provide data on terrorist targets in Syria.

“They’re afraid to inform us on the territories which we shouldn’t strike, fearing that it is precisely where we’ll strike; that we are going to cheat everybody,” the president said.

“Apparently, their opinion of us is based on their own concept of human decency,” he added.

Putin told the media that Russia has already established contact with the Syrian opposition, which has asked Moscow not carry out airstrikes in the territories it controls.

Still no conclusion on what caused Sinai plane crash
It’s too early to make conclusions about the reasons for the crash of the Russian A321 jet over Egypt’s Sinai Peninsula in late October, as all possible reasons are still being considered by the investigators, Putin said.

“We know about all the possible scenarios, all of the scenarios are being considered. The final conclusion can only be made after the implementation and completion of the inspection,” he stressed.

"If there was an explosion, the traces of explosives would have remained on the liner’s cover and on the belongings of the passengers. It’s inevitable. And we have enough equipment and skilled, world class experts, capable of finding those traces. Only then would it be possible to speak about the reasons for this tragedy," the president added.

With 224 people dying in the crash, Putin said that "it's a huge emotional pain for all of us; for all Russian people, no matter what the cause of the crash was."
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 18, 2015, 07:17:31 pm »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/syrian-refugees-bc-settlement-backlash-plan-1.3324702
Syrian refugees: B.C. government checking capacity of regions to settle newcomers
Provincial funding will go toward health care and education costs of settling refugees, says Shirley Bond.

11/18/15

The B.C. government says it is working to ensure settlement services have the capacity to handle 2,500 refugees arriving in the province in the next six weeks.

Thousands of Syrian refugees expected in B.C.
Refugee backlash 'un-Canadian,' says former B.C. premier
Shirley Bond, B.C.'s Minister of Jobs, Tourism and Skills Training and Minister Responsible for Labour, spoke with Rick Cluff on CBC Radio One's The Early Edition about the backlash against refugees settling in northern B.C., and explained what the provincial government is doing to support the newcomers.

What are your thoughts on the backlash in some northern communities against refugees settling there?

I'm a very proud Northerner — I live in Prince George. I've certainly heard both sides of the argument.

I've heard people welcoming and reaching out to welcome refugees in many parts of the province, not just northern B.C. People are offering their help and their assistance.

And then there are those who are concerned about the services that are available, looking at the job situation in some parts of the province.

I understand and I certainly acknowledge people's concerns and I want to reassure British Columbians that we are looking at capacity. That is an important part of this.

more
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 18, 2015, 08:28:34 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/syrian-family-diverted-connecticut-indianas-request-190245040.html
Syrian family diverted to Connecticut at Indiana's request
11/18/15

SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) — A Syrian family that fled the war-torn country in 2011 was welcomed Wednesday to its new home of Connecticut after Indiana officials objected to plans for the refugees to resettle in their state.

The married couple and their 5-year-old son had been living as refugees in Jordan and been waiting three years to resettle in the United States. They were scheduled to arrive in Indianapolis Thursday but were diverted when Gov. Mike Pence ordered state agencies to halt resettlement activities after the deadly attacks in Paris.

Connecticut Gov. Dannel P. Malloy said he personally greeted the family upon their arrival Wednesday in New Haven.

"I have to say they were absolutely wonderful and charming folks," Malloy said at a news conference. "I told them that people in the United States are generous and good people but sometimes things happen elsewhere that cause people to forget about their generosity, forget about their native warmth and spirit."

Indiana is among the more than half of states, most of them with Republican governors, that have objected to the arrival of the Syrian immigrants without assurances of proper security measures in place. The Indiana Family and Social Services Administration sent letters Tuesday to Exodus Refugee Immigration Inc. in Indianapolis and Catholic Charities Indianapolis saying plans to accept two Syrian families should be halted.

Carleen Miller, Exodus Refugee's executive director, said she doesn't believe the state has the power to stop the resettlements but thought she had no choice but to find another place for the refugees to live with their arrival imminent.

"I did not want this family to be put through any more scrutiny or drama," she said. "Would I have wanted to have more time to push back and say that this is not constitutional, that refugees can go to any state that they want because they're admitted to the U.S., not into a state? Yes. But this was a really urgent situation and I needed to make a decision on behalf of the families."

Pence, a Republican, said Tuesday he believes states can stop refugees from relocating and that it was appropriate to do so after reports that a Syrian refugee was part of that attack.

"We're very confident that we have the legal authority to suspend the resettlement program relative to Syrian refugees in the state of Indiana and I think it is the proper course," he said.

The second family, which has children ages 2 and 1, is scheduled to arrive in Indianapolis on Dec. 10 and be placed by Catholic Charities Indianapolis. Heidi Smith, director of refugee services for Catholic Charities Indianapolis, said the organization is waiting for guidance from the State Department and the national organizations that oversees the program, including the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops.

Smith said the family scheduled to arrive in December is just the second her organization has handled. She said a family of five arrived in October.

Malloy, a Democrat, told The Associated Press Wednesday that governors trying to block the entry of Syrian refugees are trying to make "political capital."

Malloy clashed with Pence earlier this year after the Indiana governor signed a religious objections bill into law, calling him a bigot on national television. Malloy said Wednesday he was not surprised by Pence's effort to block the refugees.

"This is the same guy who signed a homophobic bill in the spring, surrounded by homophobes," Malloy said. "I'm not surprised by anything the governor does."

Pence's spokesman Matt Lloyd called Malloy's comments "sad, unfortunate and simply not true."

"President Obama's own FBI director stated last month in congressional testimony that there are gaps in the screening process of Syrian refugees," Lloyd said in an email statement to AP. "Governor Pence believes the safety and security of Hoosiers is his top priority and for that reason, the Governor ordered the resettlement program to be put on hold."

Malloy said he felt the need to tell the couple they were coming to a country where most of the population came from another place. He said told them about how his own family originally came to the U.S. from Ireland about 100 years ago.

"They know that they've been diverted. They know that they were unwelcomed in another state," Malloy said. "We're not in the position to take everybody from Syria, but Connecticut should take its share."
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 19, 2015, 02:19:47 am »

Below is a sampling of more than 20 cases of terrorist plots against the U.S. by Muslim immigrants that have received little to no national media coverage over the last two years. All of the below terrorists and suspected terrorists would have passed through the federal government’s vaunted “vetting” process for refugees, asylum seekers and other types of immigrants:

Shocked what else are they keeping from us?

An immigrant from Muslim-dominated Bangladesh, who applied for and received U.S. citizenship,‎ tried to incite people to travel to Somalia and conduct violent jihad against the United States. He was arrested in Texas in 2014.

In July 2015, a Cuban immigrant inspired by Islamic extremists plotted to explode a backpack bomb filled with nails on a beach in Key West.

An immigrant from Ghana, who applied for and received U.S. citizenship, pledged allegiance to ISIS and plotted a terrorist attack on U.S. soil. He attacked an FBI agent with a large kitchen knife when the agent was searching his home in June in Staten Island, New York. The search was connected to an investigation stemming from the weekend arrest of Munther Omar Saleh, a 20-year-old U.S. citizen charged with conspiring to provide material support to ISIS, CNN reported.

An immigrant from Sudan living in northern Virginia, who applied for and received U.S. citizenship, tried to join ISIS and wage jihad on its behalf after having been recruited online. He pleaded guilty in federal court in June 2015 to providing material support to ISIS and his friend, according to court records, is now a member of the Islamic State fighting force in Syria.

A Muslim refugee couple from Bosnia, along with their five relatives living in Missouri, Illinois and New York, were charged in February 2015 with sending money, supplies and smuggled arms to ISIS and other terrorist organizations in Syria and Iraq.

A Muslim immigrant from Yemen, who applied for and received U.S. citizenship, along with six other men living in Minnesota as members of refugee families, were charged in April 2015 with conspiracy to travel to Syria and to provide material support to ISIS.

A Somali refugee with lawful permanent resident status, along with four other Somali nationals, were charged July 23, 2014, with leading an al-Shabaab terrorist fundraising conspiracy in the United States, with monthly payments directed to the Somali terrorist organization.

A Kazakhstani immigrant with lawful permanent resident status conspired to purchase a machine gun to shoot FBI and other law enforcement agents if they prevented him from traveling to Syria to join ISIS. He and two others from Uzbekistan, both living in Brooklyn, were charged in February 2015 with providing material support a foreign terrorist organization.

Two female immigrants, one from Saudi Arabia and one from Yemen, one of whom applied for and received U.S. citizenship, allegedly swore allegiance to ISIS and pledged to explode a propane tank bomb on U.S. soil. They were arrested in April 2015 during an FBI undercover raid on their house in Queens, New York.

A Uzbek man in Brooklyn allegedly encouraged other Uzbek nationals to wage jihad on behalf of ISIS, and raised $1,600 for the terror organization. The arrests were announced in February and April 2015.

The Boston Bombers were invited in as asylum seekers. The younger brother applied for citizenship and was naturalized on Sept. 11, 2012. The older brother had a pending application for citizenship.

A Moroccan Muslim who came to the U.S. on a student visa was arrested and charged in April 2014 with plotting to blow up a university and a federal courthouse.

Six members of Minnesota’s Somali-American refugee community have recently been charged with trying to join ISIS. The Washington Times reported that “the effort [to resettle large groups of Somali refugees in Minnesota] is having the unintended consequence of creating an enclave of immigrants with high unemployment that is both stressing the state’s safety net and creating a rich pool of potential recruiting targets for Islamist terror groups.”

An Uzbek refugee living in Boise, Idaho, was arrested in 2013 and charged with providing support to a terrorist organization, in the form of teaching terror recruits how to build bombs to blow up U.S. military installations. He was convicted in August 2015.

A teenage American citizen living in York, South Carolina, whose family emigrated from Syria, was sentenced in April 2015 for plotting to support ISIS and rob a gun store to kill members of the American military.

A Muslim immigrant from Syria living in Ohio, who later applied for and received U.S. citizenship, was accused by federal prosecutors of planning to “go to a military base in Texas and kill three or four American soldiers execution style.”

A college student, who came to America as a refugee from Somalia and later applied for and received U.S. citizenship, attempted to blow up a Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Oregon. He was sentenced in October 2014 to 30 years in prison.

An immigrant from Afghanistan, who later applied for and received U.S. citizenship, and a legal permanent resident from the Philippines, were convicted Sept. 25, 2014, for trying to “join Al Qaeda and the Taliban in order to kill Americans.”

An Iraqi immigrant, who later applied for and received U.S. citizenship, was arrested in May 2015 for lying to federal agents about pledging allegiance to ISIS and his travels to Syria.

Two Pakistani-American brothers living in New York, who later applied for and received U.S citizenship, were sentenced in June 2015 to decades-long prison sentences for plotting to detonate a bomb in New York City.

An immigrant from Muslim-dominated Yemen, who later applied for and received U.S. citizenship, was arrested in September 2014 in Rochester, New York, for allegedly trying to join ISIS. He was also charged with attempting to illegally buy firearms to try to shoot American military personnel.

An immigrant brought here by his family from Kuwait at age 6, and who was later approved for U.S. citizenship, carried out the jihadist attack that recently killed four U.S. Marines and a sailor in Chattanooga on July 16, 2015, using an AK-47 semi-automatic weapon against unarmed military men.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/11/big-list-all-these-terror-attacks-in-u-s-covered-up-by-feds/#iVcP3g6Wc2c6JyAB.99
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 19, 2015, 03:17:26 pm »

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/governors-in-at-least-14-states-say-they-will-202732686.html
Governors in at least 15 states say they will welcome Syrian refugees
11/18/15

More than half the nation’s governors — all but one of them Republican — say they will refuse to accept any refugees from Syria in the wake of last week’s deadly terror attacks in Paris. But at least 15 — nearly all Democrats — are refusing to join them.

Washington Gov. Jay Inslee says his state will welcome refugees from the war-torn region and cautioned his fellow governors not to give in to “fear,” “hate” and “divisiveness.”

“I think our nation is tested from time to time, and I think this is one of those times,” Inslee, a Democrat, told NPR. “The country has always been a place of refuge for those who are persecuted.”

Inslee was among the governors who took part in a conference call with White House officials seeking to assure them that President Obama’s previously announced plan to accept 10,000 Syrian refugees, which includes a 12- to 18-month security screening process for refugees, is rigorous.

“I think the screening process we have now [for refugees] is much more robust than the screening process we have for people coming here on tourist visas,” Inslee said. “You know, some of these terrorists were from Belgium. And they could get on a plane on a tourist visa and come to New York or Seattle, for that matter, with much less screening than someone who sought refugee status.”

>> Related: Obama administration defends its Syrian refugee screening

Inslee dismissed the security risk cited by governors, like Alabama’s Robert Bentley, who oppose Syrian resettlements in their states.

Yahoo News Live: Syrian refugees: How the U.S. screens
On Wednesday, November 18th, Yahoo News Live explores the Syrian refugee crisis, the immigration process for U.S. entry and the stern, blow back from an increasing series of U.S. governors concerned that refugees pose a security threat. Yahoo Global Anchor Katie Couric explores this topic and walks us through the vetting process for people seeking asylum.
“There’s risk getting out of bed in the morning,” Inslee said. “We are a nation that has always taken the path of enforcing our freedom — our freedom of religion, our freedom of speech, our humanity, our relationship with the rest of the world. And we’ve hewed to those values even in troubled times. And when we haven’t we’ve regretted it.”

Earlier this week, California Gov. Jerry Brown, also a Democrat, said his state would accept Syrian refugees, promising they would be “fully vetted.“

“I intend to work closely with the president so that he can both uphold America’s traditional role as a place of asylum, but also ensure that anyone seeking refuge in America is fully vetted in a sophisticated and utterly reliable way,” Brown told the Desert Sun newspaper. “You can be sure that we will do everything in our power to protect the people of our state.”

Connecticut Democratic Gov. Dannel Malloy said the state has ”an obligation to do our part as Americans.“

And Utah Gov. Gary Herbert, a Republican, declared his state would do its part too.

"Utahns are well known for our compassion for those who are fleeing the violence in their homeland,” Herbert said in a statement. “And we will work to do all we can to ease their suffering without compromising public safety.”

The 10,000 Syrians the administration has pledged to accept represent less than 1 percent of the more than 4 million people who have fled the country — and most are women and children.

Police respond to the attack at the Bataclan concert hall. (Antoine Antoniol/Getty Images)

But the revelation that one of the suspected terrorists behind Friday’s attacks in Paris may have entered Europe as part of a wave of migrants from Syria triggered fear among many Republican governors.

Bentley was among the first to say his state would not comply.

“I will not stand complicit to a policy that places the citizens of Alabama in harm’s way,” Bentley announced on Sunday night.

By Tuesday, governors of at least 31 states — all but one of them Republican — said they will refuse to accept any refugees from Syria.

>> Also read: Can governors legally reject Syrian refugees?

“Governors don’t have the right to restrict people from coming into their state,“ Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper, who supports Obama’s refugee plan, said Tuesday. "They just can’t. I’m not a lawyer but everyone I know tells me that’s against the law.”

Lavinia Limon, president and CEO of the U.S Committee for Refugees and Immigration, told the Associated Press that under the Refugee Act of 1980, governors cannot legally block refugees from settling in their communities.

New Hampshire Gov. Maggie Hassan, the lone Democratic governor opposed to accepting Syrian refugees, called for the federal government to “halt acceptance of refugees from Syria until intelligence and defense officials can assure that the process for vetting all refugees, including those from Syria, is as strong as possible.”

State-by-state governors on accepting Syrian refugees

(Yahoo News)

Speaking on Capitol Hill Tuesday, House Speaker Paul Ryan called for a “pause” to the administration’s refugee plan.

“Our nation has always been welcoming,” he said. “But we cannot let terrorists take advantage of our compassion. This is a moment where it’s better to be safe than to be sorry.”

Several GOP presidential candidates have also been leading the chorus.

On Monday, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz announced plans to introduce legislation banning Muslim Syrian refugees from entering the United States.

“What Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton are proposing is that we bring to this country tens of thousands of Syrian Muslim refugees,” Cruz told CNN. “I have to say particularly in light of what happened in Paris, that’s nothing short of lunacy.”

Speaking at the G-20 summit in Turkey on Monday, Obama slammed the idea of a religious test.

“When I hear folks say that maybe we should just admit the Christians but not the Muslims, when I hear political leaders suggesting that there would be a religious test for which a person who’s fleeing from a war-torn country is admitted, when some of those folks themselves come from families who benefited from protection when they were fleeing political persecution, that’s shameful,” Obama said. “That’s not American. That’s not who we are. We don’t have religious tests to our compassion.”

Obama: Call for only Christian refugees "offensive and contrary to American values"
During a press conference in Manila, President Obama chastises the GOP and their ensuing rhetoric over Syrian refugees as a "potent recruitment tool for ISIL"
Speaking Tuesday in the Philippines, Obama’s tone was even sharper.

“I cannot think of a more potent recruitment tool for ISIL than some of the rhetoric coming out of here in the course of this debate,” he said. “ISIL seeks to exploit the idea that there’s war between Islam and the West, and when you start seeing individuals in positions of responsibility suggesting Christians are more worthy of protection than Muslims are in a war-torn land that feeds the ISIL narrative, it’s counterproductive. And it needs to stop.”

The president also took a swipe at New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, who said the United States should not admit any refugees from the Syrian civil war — not even “orphans under age 5.”

“When candidates say we should not admit 3-year-old orphans, that’s political posturing,” Obama said. “First they were worried the press was too tough on them in the debates; now they’re worried about 3-year-old orphans. That doesn’t sound very tough to me.”
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 19, 2015, 10:13:21 pm »

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/from-b-c-to-nova-scotia-communities-gear-up-for-syrian-refugees-1.2666395
From B.C. to Nova Scotia, communities gear up for Syrian refugees

Stephanie Levitz, The Canadian Press
Published Thursday, November 19, 2015 5:11PM EST
Last Updated Thursday, November 19, 2015 6:57PM EST

OTTAWA -- Within days, the federal Liberal government is expected to publicly unveil its plan to resettle 25,000 Syrian refugees by the end of the year.

And a lack of confirmed details hasn't prevented authorities and stakeholders, from the Canadian Forces to ordinary Canadians, from getting ready to welcome a massive influx of people throughout the country.

In a recent conference call, government officials told resettlement agencies that the first refugees will begin arriving in early December. Here's a look at some of the efforts underway to receive them.

Nova Scotia
Some settlement agencies have said the province could receive between 600 to 700 refugees.

The province has opened up its general purpose info line to allow people to register their support for refugees, whether it be offers of accommodation, employment or clothes.

New Brunswick
The province, which has offered to resettle up to 1,500 refugees, released its own plan last week for how it plans to tackle the task.

It includes assigning provincial health care personnel at the refugee reception centre, and making sure it has enough Arabic and Kurdish speaking volunteers on hand to help in all areas.

The provincial government has said the Gagetown military base would be the main processing centre for refugees in the province.

Quebec
The province originally pledged to take in 3,600 Syrian refugees, but the federal plan could boost that number to closer to 5,700. The Quebec government also committed $29 million to resettlement efforts.

Some Montreal school boards have been asked to make room for up to 2,400 Syrian children between the ages of four to 17.

The military is planning on providing interim lodging for refugees -- largely at bases in Quebec and in Ontario as a priority, but other locations could also be used.

"Some people who are in Valcartier on a temporary basis, such as for training, are being moved to another wing to free up contiguous space for possible refugee accommodation," defence spokeswoman Dominique Tessier said in an email.

Ontario
The province has pledged to accept 10,000 Syrian refugees by the end of 2016 and spend $10.5 million on those efforts.
To house them, the province is looking at using decommissioned hospitals, while the military is currently looking at which of its bases will need to be adapted to house people in the cold.

"CFB Meaford and Borden are two locations that will require winterization of accommodations and preparation is currently underway," Tessier said.
School boards are also getting ready for an influx of students, including one in the Toronto area that's accepting donations of winter clothing and bedding.

Health officials are also pinpointing specific clinics that can serve as go-to points for refugees, including existing immigrant health care centres and general community health centres.

Manitoba
Premier Greg Selinger has said the province could accept as many as 3,000 Syrians by the end of the year. It has already committed an additional $1.2 million to resettlement services.

Among the projects being funded are mental health support for refugee youth; the potential for many Syrians to arrive with elements of post traumatic stress disorder is something health officials from across the country are preparing for.

Saskatchewan
The province will establish a refugee settlement centre to co-ordinate the arrival of Syrian refugees into the province, which could number as high as 2,000.

Settlement agencies are looking to house them temporarily in hotels and motels before securing other longer-term accommodation.

On a Facebook page set up by a resident of Moose Jaw, Sask., people are offering to donate baby clothes and other household goods, set up welcome suppers and at least one man has offered his ability to speak Arabic and his background in health care to help new arrivals.

Alberta
The province's premier says Calgary and Edmonton are expected to take in the bulk of between 2,500 and 3,000 Syrian refugees coming to Alberta, with the remainder spread out over three other cities -- Medicine Hat, Lethbridge and Red Deer.

In Red Deer, Alta., the Catholic Services Society is reaching out to the public to see if anyone is interested in providing a home for refugees, seeking such information as whether the space is wheelchair accessible or child-friendly.

Alberta-based rental agency Boardwalk says it will offer discounts on apartments in several Alberta cities, as well as Saskatoon, Regina, London, Ont., and Montreal to help provide housing.

For its part, the military is warning people who were scheduled to stay at barracks in Edmonton early in the new year that they may find themselves in different accommodation.

British Columbia
The province is expecting to receive around 3,000 refugees and has established a $1-million readiness fund to cover some of those costs.

Meanwhile, the Immigration Services Society has asked the federal government for increased funding and staff to deal with the expected expanded workload.

The federal plan is expected to include additional money for settlement services; during the campaign, the Liberals promised an additional $100 million for this program this year alone.

The B.C. Muslim Association is among the groups actively fundraising to support resettlement efforts; they're planning a major dinner in the first week of December with the goal of raising enough money to sponsor several families.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 20, 2015, 04:34:53 am »

Terrorist Alert: U.S. State Dept Warns Americans Abroad to Steer Clear of Vatican

But Obama said they were contained? So did Hillary

The United States Embassy in Italy has issued a security alert to all Americans abroad, warning them to avoid locations that have been identified as potential targets for terrorist attacks.

At the top of the short list is “St. Peter’s Basilica in Vatican City (Rome).”

The November 18 notice is billed as a “Security Message for U.S. Citizens” regarding a potential for terrorist attacks, and arrived punctually into the email boxes of all Americans registered with the embassy, including that of Breitbart News.

Along with the Vatican, the State Department singles out the Duomo (cathedral) and La Scala opera house in Milan. It goes on to note that general venues “such as churches, synagogues, restaurants, theatres, and hotels” in both Rome and Milan are possible targets as well.

The embassy notice says: “Terrorist groups may possibly utilize similar methods used in the recent Paris attacks,” meaning bombs and assault rifles.

The alert also mentions that Italian authorities are aware of these threats, signaling that there will be additional security in these places, a phenomenon that is already evident.

Immediately following last Friday’s jihadist attacks in Paris, the Italian government issued a level-two terrorist alert for the whole country, considerably increasing security measures around the Vatican City State.

The level-two alert comprises the deployment of forces from the army’s special units. Army units have been dispatched to conduct regular patrols on the streets surrounding the Vatican, and can be seen in clusters around the city-state carrying high-powered weapons.

Patrols will reportedly intensify in the coming weeks leading up to the beginning of the Vatican’s Jubilee Year of Mercy on December 8.

“The danger is real and objective,” said Franco Roberti, the head of Italy’s anti-mafia and counterterrorism task force earlier this week, “but it is not concrete or delimited.”

“We must protect ourselves from this danger by adopting all the preventive measures necessary. We do not need special laws, but we must be prepared to give up some of our personal freedoms, in particular in the area of communication,” he said.

The embassy alert advised U.S. citizens “to remain vigilant and aware of their surroundings.”

It also encourages them “to monitor media and local information sources and factor updated information into personal travel plans and activities.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/11/19/terrorist-alert-u-s-state-dept-warns-americans-abroad-steer-clear-vatican/
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 20, 2015, 09:53:44 am »

I'm posting this here b/c this is more backdoor propaganda - they say one thing to give everyone a false assurance, but secretly they are pushing their more sinister agendas (ie, smuggling ISIS terrorists in).

http://news.yahoo.com/citing-jobs-family-more-mexicans-leaving-us-coming-170015460.html
Study finds more Mexicans leaving the US than coming
11/20/15

SAN DIEGO (AP) — More Mexicans are leaving than moving into the United States, reversing the flow of a half-century of mass migration, according to a study published Thursday.

The Pew Research Center found that slightly more than 1 million Mexicans and their families, including American-born children, left the U.S. for Mexico from 2009 to 2014. During the same five years, 870,000 Mexicans came to the U.S., resulting in a net flow to Mexico of 140,000.

The desire to reunite families is the main reason more Mexicans are moving south than north, Pew found. The sluggish U.S. economic recovery and tougher border enforcement are other key factors.

The era of mass migration from Mexico is "at an end," declared Mark Hugo Lopez, Pew's director of Hispanic research.

The finding follows a Pew study in 2012 that found net migration between the two countries was near zero, so this represents a turning point in one of the largest mass migrations in U.S. history. More than 16 million Mexicans moved to the United States from 1965 to 2015, more than from any other country.

"This is something that we've seen coming," Lopez said. "It's been almost 10 years that migration from Mexico has really slowed down."

The findings counter the narrative of an out-of-control border that has figured prominently in U.S. presidential campaigns, with Republican Donald Trump calling for Mexico pay for a fence to run the entire length of the 1,954-mile frontier. Pew said there were 11.7 million Mexicans living in the U.S. last year, down from a peak of 12.8 million in 2007. That includes 5.6 million living in the U.S. illegally, down from 6.9 million in 2007.

In another first, the Border Patrol arrested more non-Mexicans than Mexicans in the 2014 fiscal year, as more Central Americans came to the U.S., mostly through South Texas, and many of them turned themselves in to authorities.

The authors analyzed U.S. and Mexican census data and a 2014 survey by Mexico's National Institute of Statistics and Geography. The Mexican questionnaire asked about residential history, and found that 61 percent of those who reported living in the U.S. in 2009 but were back in Mexico last year had returned to join or start a family. An additional 14 percent had been deported, and 6 percent said they returned for jobs in Mexico.

Dowell Myers, a public policy professor at the University of Southern California, said it's lack of jobs in the U.S. — not family ties — that is mostly motivating Mexicans to leave. Construction is a huge draw for young immigrants, but has yet to approach the levels of last decade's housing boom, he said.

"It's not like all of a sudden they decided they missed their mothers," Myers said. "The fact is, our recovery from the Great Recession has been miserable. It's been miserable for everyone."

Also, Mexico's population is aging, meaning there's less competition for young people looking for work. That's a big change from the 1990s, when many people entering the workforce felt they had no choice but to migrate north of the border, Myers said.

While the U.S. economic recovery is sluggish, Mexico has been free in recent years from the economic tailspins that drove earlier generations north in the 1980s and 1990s. While many parts of Mexico suffer grinding poverty and violence, others have become thriving manufacturing centers under the North American Free Trade Agreement.

Automakers including Volkswagen AG, Ford Motor Co. and General Motors Corp. have built plants across central and northern Mexico that employ thousands, spawning auto-parts plants and other ripple effects. Highways and rail lines that connect to the world's largest economy north of the border have attracted more investors.

"The main reason for my return is family," José Arellano Correa, a 41-year-old Mexico City taxi driver who came back from the U.S. in 2005. "I could help them while I was there, but family comes before money."

Farmworkers recruited from Mexico to harvest U.S. crops had followed the seasons back and forth across the border until 1965, when the U.S. imposed numerical limits on Latin American immigrants for the first time, launching new waves of illegal immigration that flowed north for decades thereafter.

A federal law passed in 1986, four years after Mexico's economy convulsed, led to a more fortified border and legal status for millions of migrants.

Policies toughened even more after 9/11, with the Border Patrol doubling in size and the U.S. erecting hundreds of miles of fences, and Arizona led a backlash in state capitols as Mexicans moved beyond traditional destinations like Los Angeles and Chicago, settling in towns throughout the South and Midwest.

Many Mexicans in the U.S. have become frustrated and fearful as efforts to overhaul immigration laws stalled in Congress and President Barack Obama deported roughly 2 million people during the first five years of his administration. Obama's 2014 order shielding many others from deportation remains blocked in court.

Mexicans who remain in the U.S. also seem more detached from their homeland than before. Pew said their median age was 39 years in 2013, compared to 29 in 1990. More than three in four had been in the U.S. for more than a decade, compared to only half in 1990. And only 35 percent of adults in Mexico say they have friends or relatives they regularly communicate with or visit in the U.S., down 7 percentage points from 2007, Pew found.

Guadalupe Romo, 49, has lived in Fresno, California, for 26 years and has no plans to leave.

"We have our life here," she said at Fresno's Mexican consulate. "There's no point in going back to Mexico."
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 01, 2015, 06:49:47 pm »

SINCE PARIS ATTACKS, OBAMA ADMITS 132 MALE SUNNI MUSLIM ‘REFUGEES’ INTO U.S.
The Refugee Processing Center admission figures since the attacks in Paris continue a trend evident since the start of the current fiscal year, on October 1. President Obama plans to resettle 10,000 Syrian refugees in the U.S. during fiscal year 2016.

11/30/15

SINCE THE PARIS TERROR ATTACKS ON NOVEMBER 13, THE STATE DEPARTMENT HAS ADMITTED 132 SYRIAN REFUGEES INTO THE UNITED STATES, AND ALL 132 ARE SUNNI MUSLIMS

EDITOR’S NOTE: IF THESE ARE LEGITIMATE REFUGEES, AS THE OBAMA PARTY LINE WOULD HAVE YOU TO BELIEVE, THEN WHERE ARE ALL THE WOMEN, THE CHILDREN, WHERE ARE ALL THE CHRISTIANS?? INSTEAD, THEY ARE ALL MALE, SUNNI AND MUSLIM THAT ARE COMING IN. OBAMA MUST ABSOLUTELY LAUGH HIMSELF TO SLEEP AT NIGHT UNTIL HE IS BLUE IN THE FACE, LAUGHING AT OUR STUPIDITY FOR ALLOWING HIM TO GET AWAY WITH ALL THIS. OH YES, THE AMERICAN PEOPLE ARE AN ACCESSORY TO THIS ONGOING CRIME.

No Christian, Druze, Shi’ite, Alawite, or member of any other religious minority in Syria has been admitted over that period, according to data from the State Department Refugee Processing Center. The majority of the 132 Syrian refugees permitted to resettle in the U.S. since November 13 (72) are male, the minority female (60). Of the 132 total, 39 (29.5 percent) have been men between the ages of 14 and 50. Another 53 (40 percent) are children aged under 14, of whom 30 are males and 23 females.

The Paris terror attacks, which killed 130 people and were claimed by Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS/ISIL), brought fresh scrutiny onto the issue of refugees from the Syrian conflict, amid concerns the terrorist group was seeking to infiltrate Western countries through refugee settlement programs.

The Refugee Processing Center admission figures since the attacks in Paris continue a trend evident since the start of the current fiscal year, on October 1. President Obama plans to resettle 10,000 Syrian refugees in the U.S. during fiscal year 2016.

Since FY 2016 began two months ago, 423 Syrian refugees have been admitted into the U.S., of whom 418 (98.8 percent) were Sunni Muslims. The remaining five (1.2 percent) were Christians – three Catholic, one Orthodox and one simply described as “Christian.”

One hundred and eleven of them (26 percent) are men aged between 14 and 50.

The age and gender breakdown of the 423 refugees admitted in FY 2016 is:

UNDER 14:        108 MALE         88 FEMALE

14-50:             111 MALE         95 FEMALE

OVER 50:          11 MALE           10 FEMALE

TOTAL:              230 MALE         193 FEMALE

A similar trend can be seen over the entire period of the Syrian civil war, which began in mid-March 2011.

Over that time, a total of 2,296 Syrian refugees have been admitted into the U.S. as of Monday. Of those, 2,137 (93 percent) were Sunni Muslims, an additional 60 were described simply as “Moslem,” and 13 were Shia.

Only 53 (2.3 percent) were Christian (including five Orthodox and four Catholics). The remaining religious breakdown was eight Jehovah’s Witness, six Zoroastrians, three atheists, two Baha’i, one Yazidi, seven “no religion” and six “other religion.”

Of the total 2,296 Syrian refugees admitted since March 2011, 633 (27.5 percent) are men aged between 14 and 50. Therefore, more than one-quarter of the Syrian refugees allowed entry into the U.S. since the conflict began are men aged 14-50, and the vast majority of them are Sunni Muslim.

Christians disproportionately represented among refugees admitted

Syrian Christians – like other non-Sunni minorities – have been singled out for persecution by ISIS and other jihadist groups fighting there.

Yet the Christian cohort among the Syrian refugees accepted into the U.S. since the war began (2.3 percent) is considerably smaller than the proportion of Christians in the Syrian population – 10 percent, according to the CIA World Factbook.

At the same time, the proportion of Sunni Muslims among the accepted refugees (93 percent since the war began) is significantly higher than the proportion of Sunni Muslims in the Syrian population – 74 percent.

One possible reason for this is that most refugees considered for resettlement in the U.S. are first referred by the U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) – but according to Christian relief groups Christians flying the conflict are often afraid to register with the U.N. and generally avoid U.N. refugee camps because they are targeted there too.

(Incidentally, although civil war deaths and displacement have had an enormous impact on the population, according to the CIA World Factbook the proportion of Sunni Muslims remains steady: The total estimated population figure has dropped from 22.5 million in mid-2010 to 17.06 million in mid-2014, but the Sunni proportion of 74 percent has not changed over that period.)

CNSNews.com has submitted questions to the State Department and its Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration about the relatively small proportion of Christians among the Syrian refugees admitted to the U.S.

‘Infiltration of terrorists’

After the terrorist attacks in Paris on November 13, French prosecutors said that at least two of the attackers traveled through Greece posing as refugees fleeing from the Syrian conflict. A Syrian passport found near the body of one of the suicide bombers involved in the attack had been used by a person who arrived in Greece from Turkey in October, claiming to be a refugee.

Syrian President Bashar al-Assad told Czech Television in an interview due to air on Tuesday that most of the refugees from his country trying to get into Europe were “good Syrians” and “patriots.”

“But of course you have infiltration of terrorists among them, that is true,” he added, according to excerpts released by the network.

A State Department factsheet issued last Wednesday stated that Syrian refugees admitted to the U.S. since the beginning of FY2011 were allowed to do so “only after the most extensive level of security screening of any category of traveler to the United States. None have been arrested or removed on terrorism charges.”

It said that refugees of all nationalities considered for admission to the U.S. “undergo a rigorous security screening involving multiple federal intelligence, security and law enforcement agencies.”

“Mindful of the particular conditions of the Syria crisis, Syrian refugees go through an enhanced level of review,” the State Department said. source
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 05, 2015, 06:35:49 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/exclusive-most-americans-see-muslims-other-group-california-000843418.html
12/4/15
Exclusive: Most Americans see Muslims like any other group after California shooting - poll

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Just days after two Muslims were accused of gunning down 14 people in California, a Reuters/Ipsos poll shows 51 percent of Americans view Muslims living in the United States the same as any other community, while 14.6 percent are generally fearful.

In the first poll on views of Muslim Americans taken in the aftermath of the Paris and San Bernardino attacks, much of the division is partisan. Among Democrats, 60 percent said they view Muslims like any other community, compared with 30 percent of Republicans.

How Americans should treat Muslims, both those already living in the United States and those seeking to come to the country as refugees, became a divisive topic after Islamic State claimed credit for killing 130 people in Paris and a Muslim couple is believed to have slaughtered 14 people and wounded 21 others in California.

Amaney Jamal, a politics professor at Princeton, said it's "healthy" to see the majority positively viewing Muslims, but cautioned about growing fears.

“If terrorism is designed to create a larger gap between Muslims and Westerners, unfortunately they’re succeeding,” Jamal said. “The threat of terror is going to be fought by Muslims and non-Muslims together. You would like to see those gaps close so people are working together and not being fearful.”

Of the 1,056 likely voters across the nation polled online on Thursday and Friday, 34.7 percent said they are fearful of “a few groups and individuals” in the Muslim community.

The poll has a credibility interval of 3.4 percentage points for all Americans and about 5.5 percentage points when looking at just Republican or Democratic responses.

Republicans were more likely than Democrats to support closely monitoring mosques (64 percent compared with 43 percent) or closing ones with suspected extremist ties (69 percent to 48 percent).

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump drew criticism when he said he would be willing to close mosques where extremists practiced and that a database of all Muslims should be created.

“There still is very much a political divide in each of these responses,” said Lori Peek, a sociology professor at Colorado State and author of the 2011 book “Behind the Backlash: Muslim Americans After 9/11.” “Democrats and the independents are looking more similar, and they generally are more tolerant.”

Many voters said they agree that Muslims are less willing to assimilate than other immigrant groups.

Peek said numerous studies have found that Muslims are more successful at integrating into American society -- obtaining education, voting regularly and living in diverse neighbors -- than any other immigrant group.

Many Americans said they believe Muslims are more likely to put their own religion above the law -- a point that echoes critics' insistence that Islamic sharia law is being forced upon non-believers. Forty-nine percent said Muslims put religion above the law, compared with 33 percent who thought the same of Christians and 23 percents of Jews.

Those polled also expressed disagreement that American Muslims are doing enough to report possible extremists, with 23 percent saying they believe that potential risks are being reported.

Ibrahim Hooper, spokesman for the Center for Islamic-American Relations, said while he is pleased that the majority of Americans view his religion positively, he is concerned by the continued minority that holds anti-Islamic views.

“We are seeing I think a more toxic anti-Muslim environment or atmosphere than we have seen since 9/11,” Hooper said. “In some ways it’s worse because it’s been mainstreamed by public figures like Donald Trump or Ben Carson so it’s seen as a natural, normal kind of thing.”

(Reporting by Ginger Gibson and Chris Kahn; Editing by Lisa Shumaker)
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 18, 2015, 09:11:48 am »

http://news.yahoo.com/worlds-refugees-displaced-exceed-record-60-million-u-051139491.html
World's refugees and displaced exceed record 60 million: U.N.
12/18/15

GENEVA (Reuters) - The number of people forcibly displaced worldwide is likely to have "far surpassed" a record 60 million this year, mainly driven by the Syrian war and other protracted conflicts, the United Nations said on Friday.

The estimated figure includes 20.2 million refugees fleeing wars and persecution, the most since 1992, the U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) said in a report.

Nearly 2.5 million asylum seekers have requests pending, with Germany, Russia and the United States receiving the highest numbers of the nearly one million new claims lodged in the first half of the year, it said.

"2015 is on track to see worldwide forced displacement exceeding 60 million for the first time - 1 in every 122 humans is today someone who has been forced to flee their homes," it said. The total figure at the end of 2014 was 59.5 million.

An estimated 34 million people were internally displaced as of mid-year, about 2 million more than the same time in 2014. Yemen, where civil war erupted in March, reported the highest number of newly uprooted people at 933,500.

"Never has there been a greater need for tolerance, compassion and solidarity with people who have lost everything," Antonio Guterres, U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees, said in a statement.

Developing countries bordering conflict zones still host the lion's share of the refugees, the report said, warning about growing "resentment" and "politicization of refugees".

The report, based on official figures as of mid-year before the influx of refugees and migrants crossing the Mediterranean to reach Europe peaked in October, extrapolates from trends to estimate the global total.

Syria's civil war that began in 2011 has been the main driver of mass displacement, with more than 4.2 million Syrian refugees having fled abroad and 7.6 million uprooted within their shattered homeland as of mid-year, UNHCR said.

Together, nationals of Syria and Ukraine, where a separatist rebellion in the east erupted in April 2014, accounted for half of the 839,000 people who became refugees in the first half of 2015, it said.

Violence in Afghanistan, Somalia and South Sudan sparked large refugee movements, as well as fighting in Burundi, the Central African Republic, the Democratic Republic of Congo and Iraq.

Voluntary returns - a measure of how many refugees can safely go back home - are at their lowest levels in more than three decades, with only 84,000 people returning by mid-year against 107,000 at the same time a year before, the UNHCR said.

Many refugees will live in exile for years to come, it said. "In effect, if you become a refugee today your chances of going home are lower than at any time in more than 30 years."

(Reporting by Stephanie Nebehay)
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 18, 2015, 09:27:48 am »

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/brooklyn-judge-sworn-in-on-the-quran-has-ties-to-terror-group-cair/
MUSLIM JUDGE CAROLYN WALKER-DIALLO SWORN IN ON THE QU’RAN HIDING TERRIFYING SECRET
On Saturday, October 24, Muslim judge Carolyn Walker-Diallo was a keynote speaker at the CAIR fundraising banquet "Strengthening Our Voices Advancing Together" at Sirico's Caterers in Brooklyn, New York.

12/16/15

NYC’S NEW MUSLIM JUDGE HAS A TERRIFYING SECRET SHE DIDN’T WANT OUT

Muslim judge Carolyn Walker-Diallo, who was elected last month in Brooklyn’s 7th Municipal District, took her oath of office Thursday using the “holy” book of Islam as a testament to her Muslim faith. This, of course, caused a firestorm of controversy from the moment the social media world became aware of it. But the bigger story went almost completely unnoticed. Carolyn Walker-Diallo is intimately connected to the terror-friendly group known as CAIR.

On Saturday, October 24, Muslim judge Carolyn Walker-Diallo was a keynote speaker at the CAIR fundraising banquet “Strengthening Our Voices Advancing Together” at Sirico’s Caterers in Brooklyn, New York.

For those of you not familiar with CAIR, the Council on American Islamic Relations, here are 10 points you need to consider:

CAIR was created by the Muslim Brotherhood, an Islamic supremacist organization that pioneered 20th century Islamic terrorism and sanctions violence against civilians.

CAIR only has about 5,000 members, despite a membership fee of just $10.

CAIR represents the opinions of only 12% of Muslim-Americans according to Gallup.

CAIR receives financial support from foreign powers who have also provided direct support to Osama bin Laden, al-Qaeda and Hamas.

CAIR has solicited money from sponsors of terror and received financial support from convicted terrorists.

CAIR founders have praised terrorists to Muslim audiences and said that suicide bombers are acting on behalf of Islam.

CAIR has raised funds for terrorists under the guise of helping 9/11 victims.

CAIR board members have called for the overthrow of the United States and the imposition of Islamic law. CAIR has suggested applying Sharia punishment (ie. the death penalty) to users who criticize Islam on the Internet.

At least 15 high-level CAIR staff members have been under federal investigation for ties to Islamic terror.

CAIR has discouraged Muslim-Americans from cooperating with law enforcement and has spent more time and money advocating on behalf of convicted terrorists than for their victims.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 18, 2015, 10:27:32 pm »

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/paul-ryan-grows-muslim-friendly-taqiyya-beard/
NEW HOUSE SPEAKER PAUL RYAN GROWS MUSLIM-FRIENDLY BEARD AS HE BEGINS CAMPAIGN OF DEFENDING ISLAM
Paul Ryan wasted no time in letting America know where he stood on the topic of Islam in America. Ryan also wasted no time in growing a full, thick beard that sent the Washington rumor mills into hyper-overdrive.

12/18/15

REP. PAUL RYAN WAS OFFICIALLY ELECTED AS THE 54TH SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE AFTER HE GOT THE VOTES OF 236 MEMBERS BY THE FULL HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

“Do the opposite of what the pagans do. Keep the beards and cut the moustaches short.” – the Prophet Mohammed

Washington, DC – On October 29th, 2015, Paul Ryan was elected Speaker of the House after being nominated by house Republicans. Ryan wasted no time in letting America know where he stood on the topic of Islam in America. Ryan also wasted no time in growing a full, thick beard that sent the Washington rumor mills into hyper-overdrive. As his beard came into place, he told reporters on December 8th that he usually doesn’t wade into “what’s going on in the presidential election” — but he wanted to make “an exception” in the case of Donald Trump.

“Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country’s representatives can figure out what is going on,” the real-estate magnate’s campaign said in a press release Monday.

RYAN BOMBARDS SOCIAL MEDIA LETTING YOU KNOW HE NOW “HAS A BEARD”:

Ryan stressed outside of a closed caucus meeting that he “made very clear at the time” the House passed a pause on the Syrian refugee program “there would not be a religious test.” Turning his attention to Trump’s proposal: “This is not conservatism. What was proposed yesterday is not what this party stands for,” Ryan said. “And more importantly, it’s not what this country stands for. Not only are there many Muslims serving in our armed forces dying for this country, there are Muslims serving right here in the House working every day to uphold and to defend the Constitution.”

WHEN PAUL RYAN USES PHRASES LIKE “THAT’S NOT WHAT THIS COUNTRY STANDS FOR” AND “THAT’S  NOT WHO WE ARE AS A PEOPLE”, HE IS REPEATING EXACTLY THE PHRASES OBAMA USES WHEN HE IS DEFENDING HIS PRO-ISLAM  AND PRO-MUSLIM POSITIONS.

Now to us, this is a very interesting and revealing sequence of seemingly unrelated events that actually are quite related. Ryan has leveraged social media to hammer home the point that he now “has a beard”, posting photos to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter just to name a few. History shows us that only two ethnic groups of people have rules regarding the growing and wearing of beards – Jews and Muslims. Ryan, a staunch Roman Catholic, is not Jewish. So that only leaves Islam. With that in mind, take a look at his new spending bill.

PAUL RYAN PARTNERS WITH BARACK OBAMA TO BETRAY AMERICA WITH ‘FUNDAMENTAL TRANSFORMATION’ SPENDING BILL

Rep. Paul Ryan’s first major legislative achievement is a total and complete sell-out of the American people masquerading as an appropriations bill. Ryan’s omnibus serves a chilling purpose. By locking in the President’s refugee, immigration, and spending priorities, Ryan’s bill is designed to keep these fights out of Congress by getting them off the table for good. Delivering Obama these wins–and pushing these issues beyond the purview of Congress–will suppress public attention to the issues and, in so doing, will boost the candidacy of the Republican establishment’s preferred presidential contenders, who favor President Obama’s immigration agenda.

The massive appropriations bill will provide more than $1.6 billion to resettle illegal immigrants arriving at the U.S. border through 2018.

Paul Ryan is 100% in line with Obama’s liberal agenda, he is 100% against Donald Trump, and he has just authorized billions to be spent to bring more Muslim migrants into the United States.

And, oh yeah, he suddenly has a full beard. Do a Google search on what Taqiyya is.

Allahu akbar.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 21, 2015, 11:13:12 pm »

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/las-vegas-police-refuse-to-reveal-car-killers-motive/
WHAT ARE THEY HIDING? LAS VEGAS POLICE REFUSE TO REVEAL FEMALE CAR KILLER’S MOTIVE
Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Sheriff Joe Lombardo said he doubted the attack was “militant” in nature, but refuses to rule it out at this stage. He added that Holloway “didn’t appear to be distressed due to her actions” and was “stoic” when she was arrested.

12/21/15

Police are refusing to reveal the motive behind yesterday’s shocking attack when a woman deliberately ploughed her car into dozens of people in Las Vegas.

EDITOR’S NOTE: THE SILENCE HAS BEEN DEAFENING OVER THE PAST 12 HOURS SINCE IT CAME TO LIGHT OF THE HORRIFIC TERROR ATTACK ON THE LAS VEGAS STRIP THIS MORNING. VEGAS SHERIFF JOE LOMBARDO SAYS THAT HE KNOWS WHY SHE DID IT, BUT DOES NOT WANT TO RELEASE THAT INFORMATION AT THIS TIME. THAT THIS WAS A MUSLIM TERROR ATTACK HAS IN NO WAY BEEN RULED OUT AT THIS TIME.

The culprit responsible for the horrifying incident, which killed one person and injured another 35, has been named as Lakeisha N. Holloway. Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Sheriff Joe Lombardo said he doubted the attack was “militant” in nature, but refuses to rule it out at this stage. He added that Holloway “didn’t appear to be distressed due to her actions” and was “stoic” when she was arrested.

Immediately following her rampage, Holloway drove to a nearby hotel and told a valet to call 911, explaining why she had carried out the attack, although her motive remains a mystery because police are “uncomfortable” about disclosing it, according to Fox News’ Will Carr. source
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 26, 2015, 05:55:45 pm »

France Passes New Law – Strips Islamic Terrorists’ Citizenship …Obama Golfs

French officials this week stripped citizenship from Islamic terrorists fighting in Syria-Iraq.
The Examiner reported:

France is trying to crack down on dual-nationals convicted of terrorism through a controversial constitutional amendment that would strip them of citizenship.

On Wednesday Prime Minister Manuel Valls announced details of a proposal that President Francois Hollande had called for last month shortly after the deadly Nov. 13 terrorist attacks in Paris. Under the measure, dual nationals who had been sentenced for committing crimes against the nation including terrorism would be stripped of their French citizenship.

“The threat has never been higher,” Valls told reporters. “We must face up to a war, a war against terrorism, against jihadism, against radical Islam.”

The government is submitting the request to parliament, which will debate it in February. Three-fifths of lawmakers of both the lower and upper houses would have to support the measure, which is sharply dividing the ruling Socialist Party whose left-wing members oppose it. It’s also been opposed by French Justice Minister Christine Taubira, who said it wouldn’t “help the fight against terrorism in any way.”

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/12/france-passes-new-law-strips-islamic-terrorists-citizenship-obama-golfs/
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 10, 2016, 02:51:40 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/syrian-refugee-among-first-ladys-guests-state-union-161030150--politics.html
1/10/16
Syrian refugee among first lady's guests for State of Union

WASHINGTON (AP) — A Syrian scientist stricken with cancer and seeking a new start for his family in Michigan will represent Syrian refugees as a guest of first lady Michelle Obama for the president's final State of the Union address.

President Barack Obama has committed to accepting an additional 10,000 Syrian refugees, but some Republican lawmakers and presidential candidates are critical of the expansion. Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz, for example, noted the recent arrest of two Iraqi refugees. During an interview with CNN that aired Sunday, Cruz emphasized that they came to the United States "using the same vetting that President Obama wants us to trust with Syrian refugees."

Refaai Hamo, his son and three daughters landed at Detroit Metropolitan Airport in December, anxious to rebuild their lives. Hamo fled to Turkey from Syria after a missile attack killed his wife and one other daughter. He was profiled on the popular photo blog Humans of New York as "The Scientist."

The White House said Sunday that Hamo will be among about two dozen guests invited to sit near the first lady on Tuesday. The guests include several veterans and service members, including one of the three Americans who thwarted an attack aboard a Paris-bound train.

Those on the guest list will highlight issues that Obama has attempted to prioritize during his tenure, such as expanded health insurance coverage, and issues that he hopes to work on during his final year, such as criminal justice. The guest list includes a California man whose partner was killed in the San Bernardino attack, the first female Army Reserve officer to graduate from the Army's elite Ranger School and a plaintiff in the landmark Supreme Court case that found same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry. One seat will be empty, to represent the victims of gun violence.

Obama read about Hamo's story last month. His cancer had gone untreated because he lacked health insurance. More than $450,000 for the family was raised through an online fundraising campaign actor Ed Norton had set up for them. The White House described Hamo as living the kind of life in Syria that is associated with the American dream. He married his college sweetheart, and they built a life together before a missile tore through the complex he helped design and where his family lived.

Obama told Hamo through a Facebook posting that, "Yes, you can still make a difference in the world, and we're proud that you'll pursue your dreams here. Welcome to your new home. You're part of what makes America great."

Also invited were:

— Sue Ellen Allen of Scottsdale Arizona, co-founder of a nonprofit that helps former prisoners re-enter society.

— Gloria Balenski of Schaumburg, Illinois, a woman who lost her job during the recession and whose husband was in danger of losing his job at an auto manufacturer. The couple wrote a letter to the president thanking him for economic priorities he pursued during the recession.

— Jennifer Bragdon of Austin, Texas, a woman attending junior college in hopes of becoming a teacher.

— Edith Childs of Greenwood, South Carolina, a local councilwoman who during a 2007 campaign stop, led the chant "Fired Up." The crowd replied "Ready to go." The call and response became an unofficial slogan for Obama's two presidential campaigns.

— Cynthia "Cindy" Dias of Las Vegas, a formerly homeless veteran.

— Mark Davis of Washington, District of Columbia, who started a small business that trains low-income people to install solar panels.

— Cary Dixon of Huntington, West Virginia, a mom who has called on family members to speak up about drug abuse as a sickness, which reinforces Obama's call to direct more resources into drug prevention programs.

— Lydia Doza of Klamath Falls, Oregon, a Native American pursuing a degree in software engineering at Oregon Tech.

— Lisa Jaster of Houston, a major who became the first female Army Reserve officer to graduate from the Army's elite Ranger School.

— Mark Luttrell, the Republican mayor of Shelby County, Tennessee, who has helped create specialty courts for veterans and those with mental health or drug problems as part of an effort to promote effective rehabilitation.

— Dannel P. Malloy of Hartford, Connecticut, a Democratic governor who has led efforts to increase the minimum wage and tighten gun laws following the massacre of 20 elementary school students in Newtown.

— Braeden Mannering of Bear, Delaware, a 12-year-old who started his own nonprofit that provides healthy food to the homeless and poor.

— Satya Nadella of Bellevue, Washington, the CEO of Microsoft. Under his leadership, the company increased its paid leave benefits to 20 weeks for new mothers and 12 weeks for adoptive parents.

— Jim Obergefell of Cincinnati, Ohio, the plaintiff in the landmark case establishing that same-sex couples have the constitutional right to marry.

— Kathleen O'Toole of Seattle, the chief of the Seattle Police Department, who has focused on community policing and undertook a pilot program in which officers wear body cameras.

— Ryan Reyes of San Bernardino, California, an activist whose partner was among the 14 killed Dec. 2 in the attack by a radicalized couple. He wrote in defense of the Muslim community saying the twisted actions of a few should not be used to view the majority.

— Ronna Rice of Greeley, Colorado, a small-business owner whose company has benefited from trade in Asia.

— Cedrick Rowland of Chicago, who helps people find health care insurance under the Affordable Care Act.

— Naveed Shah of Springfield, Virginia, a veteran originally from Saudi Arabia who fought in Iraq.

— Earl Smith of Austin, Texas, a veteran who gave Obama a military patch he had worn while serving in Vietnam. Smith kept the patch for 40 years, from Vietnam to his pardon after serving three years in prison for a wrongful conviction. Smith gave Obama the patch when he met the then-senator during the 2008 presidential campaign. Obama carried it with him the rest of the campaign.

— Staff Sgt. Spencer Stone of Sacramento, California, who, along with Anthony Sadler and U.S. Army Specialist Alex Skarlatos, stopped a man from opening fire on passengers aboard a crowded Paris-bound train.

— Oscar Vazquez of Fort Worth, Texas, a veteran who came to the U.S. from Mexico as a child and now works as a business analyst and advocate for Latino students.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 20, 2016, 08:30:22 pm »

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/outrage-as-obama-bringing-over-5000-muslim-migrants-to-michigan/

Outrage As Obama Bringing Over 5,000 Muslim Migrants To Michigan

“The entire country is watching Michigan officials being criticized for not protecting its people from toxic water,” he said. “Could the runaway refuge resettlement program be another case of government officials failing to protect citizens?”

3/20/16

Michigan is expected to take in more than 5,000 Muslim migrants this year, the highest number since 2002, amid renewed concerns about security and the latest effort in Congress to overhaul the U.S. Resettlement Program.

Since 2002, the earliest year for which U.S. officials say they have reliable state-by-state data, Michigan has resettled between about 500 and 4,500 Muslim migrants annually. State social service agencies say they plan to take in about 5,100 this year.

The expected influx comes as intelligence officials warn Islamic State members posing as refugees will likely launch an attack on U.S. soil this year. A bill seeking to cap the number of refugees and strengthen security measures was approved Wednesday by the U.S. House Judiciary Committee.

Advocacy groups insist the fears are overblown, since refugees go through a 13-step vetting process by the Department of Homeland Security, the FBI, and other law enforcement agencies. Refugees from Iraq and Syria are subject to even more stringent background checks.

Critics point to U.S. intelligence officials’ warnings that refugees cannot be properly vetted.

As the debate rages on, two Syrian refugee families are preparing to resettle in Metro Detroit this week. One family is to move to Bloomfield Hills; the other to Dearborn. In Troy, the city with Metro Detroit’s second-highest percentage of foreign-born residents, the school district is hosting a ‘Welcome Home’ reception for the new immigrants at Morse Elementary School on March 30.

Dick Manasseri of Rochester Hills questioned the decision to bring in more immigrants after U.S. intelligence officials said they expect a terrorist attack this year by extremists posing as refugees.

“The entire country is watching Michigan officials being criticized for not protecting its people from toxic water,” he said. “Could the runaway refuge resettlement program be another case of government officials failing to protect citizens?”

Lt. Gen. Vincent Stewart, director of the Defense Intelligence Agency, warned Congress last month Islamic State extremists posing as refugees “will probably attempt to … direct attacks on the U.S. homeland in 2016.”

In testimony before the House Homeland Security Committee last week, Department of Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson said accepting Syrian refugees escaping their country’s civil war could pose a security threat, adding that security has been stepped up.

“Given the prospect of the terrorist-inspired attack in the homeland, we have intensified our work with state and local law enforcement,” he said. “Almost every day, DHS and the FBI share intelligence and information with Joint Terrorism Task Forces, fusion centers, local police chiefs and sheriffs.” source
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 23, 2016, 03:12:52 pm »

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/arizona-has-become-a-middle-east-terror-transfer-point-due-to-obamas-refusal-to-seal-border/

Arizona Has Become A Middle East Terror Transfer Point Due To Obama’s Refusal To Seal Border

Arizona Attorney General Mark Brnovich (R) said that “We’ve seen a huge spike in money transfers coming from places like Nogales on the border, to Middle Eastern countries” during the Fox Business Network’s coverage of the Arizona primary on Tuesday.

3/23/16

Arizona AG Brnovich: There Has Been ‘Huge Spike’ In Money Transfers on Border to Middle East

Arizona Attorney General Mark Brnovich said that “We’ve seen a huge spike in money transfers coming from places like Nogales on the border, to Middle Eastern countries” during the Fox Business Network’s coverage of the Arizona primary on Tuesday.

Brnovich stated: “Arizona is on the frontline, and we have seen consequences of what has happened when we’ve had an unsecured porous border. I mean, frankly, just 6 months ago there were 6 folks apprehended from Middle Eastern countries, from Pakistan and Afghanistan, at our border. I know when you talk to the ranchers down there, they’re concerned because they have found coins from Middle East. We’ve seen a huge spike in money transfers coming from places like Nogales on the border, to Middle Eastern countries. And so, folks are are worried about it, not only from an economic perspective, but from a national security perspective.”

The Obama administration has worked over the past 8 years to make our southern borders as porous as possible, and all sorts of criminals are able to slither through. But over the past few years, there has been a marked uptick in Islamic terrorists coming across.

This is why Donald Trump won Arizona last night in an overwhelming landslide victory. Arizonans want The Wall, and they want it now.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 23, 2016, 07:23:20 pm »

Super Soft On Islamic Terror: Obama Says That ISIS ‘Is Not An Existential Threat To Us’

In the wake of the horrible bombings in Brussels, Barack Obama is insisting that there is no need to change our approach in the fight against ISIS.  He believes that Islamic terror is not a fundamental threat to our way of life, and he wants all of us to be convinced that the way that he is handling ISIS right now is just fine.  Well, in this article you are going to learn some very shocking things about Obama and ISIS that are likely to make you very angry.  It turns out that our allies Saudi Arabia and Turkey have been arming, funding and aiding ISIS and other radical jihadist groups such as the al-Nusra Front (al-Qaeda in Syria), and Obama has known about it all along.  The goal was to take down the Assad regime in Syria, and the American people were never supposed to find out the truth.

Earlier today, Barack Obama told reporters that ISIS is not “an existential threat to us” during a news conference down in Argentina.  You can see video of him making these remarks right here.  But at the same time, he is promising “to continue to go after” ISIS until they are “finally destroyed”…

The United States will “continue to go after ISIL aggressively until it’s removed from Syria and from Iraq and finally destroyed,” Obama said, using another name for ISIS.

“The world has to be united against terrorism,” Obama said, adding that “that’s a top priority of ours.” He added that “we can and we will” defeat terrorism.

So what precisely is Obama actually doing to pursue this “top priority”?

We are told that the U.S. military is bombing ISIS targets, but in all the months that this has been happening, U.S. aircraft never targeted the endless convoys of ISIS oil trucks that were transporting stolen oil into Turkey.  It has been estimated that ISIS sold 800 million dollars worth of oil in Turkey, and Obama knew about it the entire time.

Why didn’t Obama say anything about this or do anything to stop it?

When the Russians came in, they showed satellite evidence of what was happening to the entire world and they immediately began bombing those oil convoys into oblivion.

But why hadn’t the U.S. already done that?

Massive convoys of oil trucks that stretched as far as the eye could see would go back and forth over the Turkish border completely unmolested and Obama did nothing.

In fact, if the Russians had not come in and bombed the living daylights out of those convoys it would still be happening.

This should be the biggest Obama scandal of them all, and yet nobody is talking about it.  Sometimes I think that I must be going crazy because what Obama did was so obviously wrong and yet nobody wants to touch this.  For much more on all of this, please see my previous article entitled “The Biggest Obama Scandal? He Knows That Turkey Is Buying Oil From ISIS And He Is Doing Nothing To Stop It“.

In addition, Obama knows that both Saudi Arabia and Turkey continue to provide advanced weaponry to ISIS and the al-Nusra Front.

He also knows that ISIS fighters use Turkey as a home base, and that when they are injured fighting in Syria they hop back over the border where they are treated at hospitals inside Turkish territory.

But have you heard Obama say anything about these things?

Has he done anything to stop any of this from happening?

No.

The reason why Obama hasn’t done or said anything is because ISIS and the other radical jihadist groups were supposed to win in Syria.  Once they had overthrown Assad, then the U.S., the Saudis and the Turks were going to come in and set up a Sunni puppet government.  Of course Russian intervention has completely changed the game, and so now the Sunni militants are losing.  That is why Saudi Arabia and Turkey are in such a panic about what is going on in Syria right now.

And we are also learning that western intelligence agencies had advance knowledge of the attacks in Brussels.  The following comes from a Haaretz report…

The Belgian security services, as well as other Western intelligence agencies, had advance and precise intelligence warnings regarding the terrorist attacks in Belgium on Tuesday, Haaretz has learned.

The security services knew, with a high degree of certainty, that attacks were planned in the very near future for the airport and, apparently, for the subway as well.

Despite the advance warning, the intelligence and security preparedness in Brussels, where most of the European Union agencies are located, was limited in its scope and insufficient for the severity and immediacy of the alert.

So what are we to make of this?

Was this terror attack allowed to happen?

Could it be possible that someone out there helped make it happen?

Don’t get me wrong – I don’t want to minimize the threat of Islamic terror one bit.  I just wonder sometimes which side our government is actually on.

And ISIS is warning of more attacks in the near future.  In fact, they are telling us that what is coming “will be more devastating and bitter”…

Even if we were somehow able to completely wipe out ISIS, the threat of Islamic terror would be far from over.

All over the planet, radical Islam is on the rise.  These jihadists have a fanatical hatred for Christians and for Jews, and their ultimate goal is world conquest.

And an act of terror does not have to result in mass casualties.

Examples of what I am talking about are all over the place.  Earlier today, I came across a Christian Post article that talked about how two radical Muslims hacked a 68-year-old Christian convert to death with machetes in the nation of Bangladesh…

Unidentified attackers hacked a Christian convert to death this week in northern Bangladesh in the latest attack in the Muslim-majority country.

The incident occurred Tuesday morning in the northern city of Kurigram, where 68-year-old Hossain Ali was hacked to death by two assailants wielding machetes.

Tobarak Ullah, the police chief of Kurigram, told the AFP that the militants were able to carry out the heinous crime by using distractions and a getaway vehicle.

Many in the western world may dismiss a story like this because it was the death of only one man.

But what happens when these radical jihadists start getting their hands on bigger weapons?

Former president Ronald Reagan once made the following statement…

“I don’t think you can overstate the importance that the rise of Islamic fundamentalism will have to the rest of the world in the century ahead-especially if, as seems possible, its most fanatical elements get their hands on nuclear and chemical weapons and the means to deliver them against their enemies.”

The use of a single chemical, biological or nuclear weapon in a major western city would set off panic on a scale that would be unlike anything we have ever seen before.

Even something as basic as sarin gas could accomplish what I am talking about.  Sarin gas has been used in both Syria and Iraq in the past, and it is exceedingly deadly.  The following comes from the Huffington Post…

Inhaled or absorbed through the skin, the gas kills by crippling the respiratory center of the central nervous system and paralyzes the muscles around the lungs.

The combination results in death by suffocation, and sarin can contaminate food or water supplies, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), which notes that antidotes exist.

“Sarin is 26 times more deadly than cyanide gas. Just a pinprick-sized droplet will kill a human,” according to the World Health Organization.

Of course there are other chemical weapons that are many, many times more lethal than sarin gas, and it is inevitable that terrorists will get their hands on biological and nuclear weapons at some point as well.

Yes, terror organizations such as ISIS most definitely do represent “an existential threat” to our way of life.

Unfortunately, we have a man in the White House that does not seem particularly inclined to protect us from this threat.

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/super-soft-on-islamic-terror-obama-says-that-isis-is-not-an-existential-threat-to-us
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 23, 2016, 08:16:15 pm »

The Islamic Mahdi

Members of both Sunnis and Shiites believe in an Islamic messiah, the Mahdi, who will appear at the end of the world to establish Allah’s kingdom on earth.

Both Sunnis and Shiites accept hadiths (writings of Muhammad collected after his death) which predict the coming of a Mahdi who will establish a global caliphate in Allah’s name and rule for a period of time (seven, nine, or nineteen years, according to varying interpretations), ridding the world of evil before the day of judgment.

The coming of the Mahdi is believed to coincide with the second coming of Jesus, whom they call Isa, who will join hands with the Mahdi against a false messiah or antichrist.

The Shiites have developed this theology more extensively and emphasize it more forcefully.

As we have seen, “Twelver” Shiites (and Sufis) believe that the 12 Imams who succeeded Muhammad inherited Muhammad’s spiritual perfection and wisdom and are therefore interpreters or and trustees of the light of Islam.

They believe that the 12th Imam, Muhammad ibn Hasan al-Mahdi, was the prophesied Mahdi. He is believed to have died or otherwise disappeared in AD 941 and to be hidden by God until he will reappear at the end of time. The hiding is called the Occultation. (This is “an event that occurs when one object is hidden by another object that passes between it and the observer,” such as a sun eclipse.)

Other groups of Muslims, such as the Druze, the Mustaali, the Zaidi, and the Nizari, believe in a different Mahdi and are not “Twelvers.”

The Sunnis believe that the Mahdi has not yet been born but will be named Muhammad and will be a descendant of Muhammad.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, former president of Iran, has zealous faith in the coming of the Imam Madhi, and Iranian radio has broadcast prophecies of his coming.

“In short, when he reappears, peace, justice and security will overcome oppression and deceit and one global government, the most perfect ever, will be established. ... Another beautiful moment of the Savior’s appearance is the coming down of Prophet Jesus (PBUH) from heaven. Hazrat Mahdi receives him courteously and asks him to lead the prayers. But Jesus says you are more qualified for this than me. We read in the book Tazkarat ol-Olia, ‘the Mahdi will come with Jesus, son of Mary, accompanying him.’ This indicates that these two great men complement each other. Imam Mahdi will be the leader while Prophet Jesus will act as his lieutenant in the struggle against oppression and establishment of justice in the world. Jesus had himself given the tidings of the coming of God’s last messenger and will see Muhammad’s ideals materialize in the time of the Mahdi” (“Police Storm Home,” WorldNetDaily, June 23, 2007).

We see that Islam’s “Jesus” is given a subordinate position in these prophecies.
The following is from the London Telegraph, Jan. 14, 2006:

“As Iran rushes towards confrontation with the world over its nuclear programme, the question uppermost in the mind of western leaders is ‘What is moving its President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to such recklessness?’ ... The most remarkable aspect of Mr. Ahmadinejad’s piety is his devotion to the Hidden Imam, the Messiah-like figure of Shia Islam, and the president’s belief that his government must prepare the country for his return. One of the first acts of Mr. Ahmadinejad’s government was to donate about £10 million to the Jamkaran mosque, a popular pilgrimage site where the pious come to drop messages to the Hidden Imam into a holy well. ... A common rumour--denied by the government but widely believed--is that Mr. Ahmadinejad and his cabinet have signed a ‘contract’ pledging themselves to work for the return of the Mahdi and sent it to Jamkaran.”

From time to time, various individuals have claimed to be the Mahdi and have gotten large, enthusiastic followings. One of these was Siyyid Ali Muhammad Shirazi, who was called the Bab (“gate”) and is one of the central figures of the Baha’i. They consider the Bab to have been the Mahdi, Elijah, and John the Baptist. Others who have claimed to be the Mahdi are Muhammad Jaunpuri, founder of the Mahdavia sect, Muhammad Ahmad, founder of the Mahdist state in Sudan in the late 19th century, and Mirza Ghulam Ahmad, founder of the Ahmadiyya sect.

In this way, we probably see what will happen in the time of the Antichrist, in that either he or his prophet or both will be accepted as the fulfillment of prophecy by Muslims, and they will obey him.

http://www.wayoflife.org/index_files/the_islamic_mahdi.html
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 28, 2016, 07:19:07 pm »

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/obama-promises-to-drastically-increase-the-amount-of-muslim-migrants-coming-into-us/

Obama Promises To Drastically Increase The Amount Of Muslim Migrants Coming Into US

In fighting their incendiary rhetoric, "our most important partners are American Muslims," Obama stated. "That's why we have to reject any attempt to stigmatize Muslim-Americans, and their enormous contributions to our country and our way of life. Such attempts are contrary to our character, to our values, and to our history as a nation built around the idea of religious freedom," he said, repeating a theme he has sounded as anti-immigrant and anti-refugee rhetoric consumed the GOP presidential campaign trail.

3/28/16

In a brief Easter weekend radio address, President Obama vowed to decimate the self-proclaimed Islamic State, but he said the United States will do so by offering an example of freedom, tolerance and open society.

“I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.” – Barack Obama, from The Audacity Of Hope

“Our openness to refugees fleeing ISIL’s violence; our determination to win the battle against ISIL’s hateful and violent propaganda — a distorted view of Islam that aims to radicalize young Muslims to their cause,” are paramount in the fight, Obama told Americans during his weekly radio address.

Admitting entry to Syrian and Iraqi refugees has become a divisive issue in the U.S. as well as Europe, but Obama made clear he has no plan to back off his promise to admit 100,000 to the U.S. this year.

“We have to wield another weapon alongside our airstrikes, our military, our counterterrorism work, and our diplomacy,” Obama said. “And that’s the power of our example. Our openness to refugees fleeing ISIL’s violence. Our determination to win the battle against ISIL’s hateful and violent propaganda – a distorted view of Islam that aims to radicalize young Muslims to their cause.”

In his brief speech, Obama underscored that the United States’ has to engage Muslims as partners in the fight against terrorism. He took apparent shots at proposals by Republican presidential candidates. Donald Trump has called for barring Muslims from entering the United States. Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas urged preemptively expanding police presence to “secure” Muslim neighborhoods, though American Muslim communities have been been a source of domestic terrorism.

In fighting their incendiary rhetoric, “our most important partners are American Muslims,” Obama stated. “That’s why we have to reject any attempt to stigmatize Muslim-Americans, and their enormous contributions to our country and our way of life. Such attempts are contrary to our character, to our values, and to our history as a nation built around the idea of religious freedom,” he said, repeating a theme he has sounded as anti-immigrant and anti-refugee rhetoric consumed the GOP presidential campaign trail.

“It’s also counterproductive. It plays right into the hands of terrorists who want to turn us against one another; who need a reason to recruit more people to their hateful cause,” Obama said before reiterating his determination to “degrade and destroy” the Islamic State, in light of an attack last week in Belgium. source
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 28, 2016, 07:23:11 pm »

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/media-silent-as-pipe-bomb-detonates-huge-explosion-not-far-from-disneyland/

U.S. Media Silent As Pipe Bomb Detonates Huge Explosion Not Far From Disneyland

Bomb squad personnel are investigating a pipe bomb that exploded Sunday afternoon in an alley in Anaheim near Disneyland, police said. It detonated with such a force that “one of the end caps blew a clean hole, almost as if a saw had cut it,” through a wooden fence about 40 feet south of the pole, Wyatt said.

3/28/16

Bomb squad personnel are investigating a pipe bomb that exploded Sunday afternoon in an alley in Anaheim near Disneyland, police said.

EDITOR’S NOTE: Last Christmas, Syed Rizwan Farook and Tashfeen Malik, a married couple, opened fire at a holiday party at the Inland Regional Center in San Bernardino on Dec. 2. Both attackers were killed in a gun battle with police. Farook, who was born in the U.S. and worked for the county, and Malik, a Pakistan national, had an arsenal of ammunition and pipe bombs in their Redlands home. This past weekend a pipe bomb rocked a neighbor hide just outside of Disneyland. Yet you heard nothing from the American main stream media. Why not?

No injuries were reported but some homes were briefly evacuated during the investigation. Officers were called at about 1:50 p.m. to the 600 block of North Anaheim Boulevard near Wilhelmina Street after a report of an explosion, said Anaheim police Sgt. Daron Wyatt.

The bomb, which appeared to be of a metal material, was set on the ground at the base of a light pole against a concrete wall separating commercial buildings to the east and residences to the west, Wyatt said.

It detonated with such a force that “one of the end caps blew a clean hole, almost as if a saw had cut it,” through a wooden fence about 40 feet south of the pole, Wyatt said.

Some minor charring and damage was visible on the concrete wall and pole. People who were evacuated in some homes in the area around Alberta Street were allowed to return to by about 3 p.m., Wyatt said.

Tammy Farrell, 46, said she was inside a home right by the alley when she heard the explosion. “I thought something actually fell from the sky, from like an airplane, because it was so loud,” she said.

Her fiancé Brent Wechsler, 44, whose parents have owned the home for 40 years, said this was the first incident of its kind he is aware of in the neighborhood.

“Some individual that is seriously disturbed is all I can think about,” he said. “All of my neighbors, they are all good people. There’s no purpose for this to take place at all.”

He added, “It doesn’t frighten me. It’s just really, really strange.”

Ana Trujillo, a receptionist at Hernandez Auto Sales east of the explosion, was showing a vehicle to a potential customer when she said she heard a loud “boom.”

“I smelled the smell of burning, chemicals,” she said. “There was a black piece of cloth, a metal piece and a black container and smoke was still coming out of the container.”

On Friday, police responded to a bank robbery on the 900 block of South Brookhurst where a suspect left a hoax pipe bomb, Wyatt said, “but this is completely unrelated. The mechanics are different.”

In December, the bomb squad found a suspicious device on the 300 block of South Claudina Street in Anaheim and detonated it in place. It was also placed at the base of a utility pole, Wyatt said.

“It’s serious – especially on Easter Sunday with people gathering,” he said of the explosion on North Anaheim Boulevard. “It’s very fortunate that there wasn’t someone in the alley that was injured.”

No arrests were made following the incident on Sunday. Anyone with information is asked to contact 855-TIP-OCCS. source

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 01, 2016, 07:41:51 pm »

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/obama-orders-french-presidents-comment-on-islamic-terrorism-to-be-censored-from-video/

Obama Orders French President’s Comment On ‘Islamist Terrorism’ To Be Censored From Video

According to the official White House transcript of Hollande’s remarks, Hollande refers to “Islamist terrorism.” The audio of the bold text in brackets is missing from the video – the only point in the video were the audio is absent.

4/1/16

The Obama White House website has censored a video of French Pres. Francois Hollande saying that ‘Islamist terrorism’ is at the roots of terrorism.

EDITOR’S NOTE: Nearly 100% of all terrorism violence since 9/11 has been perpetrated by Muslims and Islamist jihadis, with a whopping 28,064 atrocities to their account. Just a few months ago, Islamic terrorists blew up sections of Paris killing 137 and wounding 368 more. So how ironic is it that when the French president was in the White House today, attending a summit on nuclear threats and global terrorism, that Obama ordered him to be censored when he uttered the phrase ‘Islamist terror’. Obama has no intention, none of any kind, of stopping ISIS either abroad or here at home. His actions today once again proved that to be true.

The White House briefly pulled video of a press event on terrorism with Pres. Obama, and when it reappeared on the WhiteHouse.gov website and YouTube, the audio of Hollande’s translator goes silent, beginning with the words “Islamist terrorism,” then begins again at the end of his sentence.

White House Censors French President Francois Hollande Saying ‘ISLAMIST Terrorism’:

Listen from the beginning and right around minute mark 1:25 you will hear a Nixonesque gap in the recording where Obama ordered the phrase ‘Islamist terror’ stricken from the record.

Even the audio of Hollande saying the words “Islamist terrorism” in French have, apparently, been edited from the video.

According to the official White House transcript of Hollande’s remarks, Hollande refers to “Islamist terrorism.” The audio of the bold text in brackets is missing from the video – the only point in the video were the audio is absent:

“We are also making sure that between Europe and the United States there can be a very high level coordination.

“But we’re also well aware that the roots of terrorism, [Islamist terrorism, is in Syria and in Iraq.  We therefore have to act both in Syria and in Iraq, and this is what we’re doing within the framework of the coalition.]  And we note that Daesh is losing ground thanks to the strikes we’ve been able to launch with the coalition.”

Pres. Obama has come under fire from Republicans for his refusal to say “radical Islam” when discussing terrorism and, again yesterday, he declined to do so.

Obama made three vague mentions of terrorism, citing the “hands of terrorism,” the “scourge of terrorism,” and “counterterrorism” in Thursday’s press event. source
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 01, 2016, 08:01:25 pm »

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/why-is-obama-allowing-islamic-charter-schools-to-be-opened-on-us-military-bases/

Why Is Obama Allowing Fethullah Gülen To Open Islamic Charter Schools On US Military Bases?

Lest there be any doubt about the objectives in the United States, the strategy of subtly indoctrinating school children into the Gülen movement is a familiar one overseas, and there is great peril in allowing it to flourish in this country. In his native Turkey, Gülen created a network of hundreds of schools that have produced – over the past three decades – a vast cadre of followers now prepared to perform his bidding from official positions in government, law enforcement, the judiciary and the media.

3/31/16

A secretive Islamic movement run by Fethullah Gülen is trying to infiltrate the U.S. military by establishing and operating publicly-funded charter schools targeted toward children of American service personnel.

EDITOR’S NOTE: Today we bring you the story of Fethullah Gülen, the shadowy Islamic billionaire who lives in a remote compound in Pennsylvania. He has created his charter schools all over the world as a cover to spread the message of Islam, and now he has set his sights on opening these schools on military bases in the United States. He has the full approval of the Obama administration to do so.

That charge may sound like a conspiracy theory from the lunatic fringe, but it is real and it is happening right now.  The most immediate threat is in Nevada, where Coral Academy of Science Las Vegas (CASLV) is currently negotiating with the United States Air Force to locate a charter school at Nellis Air Force Base, with classes starting this fall.  What is not widely known is that CASLV is part of a nationwide organization of charter schools and other businesses headed by Islamic cleric Fethullah Gülen, a reclusive but influential Imam living under self-imposed exile in Pennsylvania to avoid criminal prosecution in his native Turkey.

Our law firm has been engaged by the Republic of Turkey – a key NATO ally in a hotbed region – to conduct a wide-ranging investigation into the operations and geopolitical influence of the Gülen organization, which is behind the Coral Academy of Science and over 140 other public charter schools scattered across 26 American states.  Our investigation, still in its early stages, reveals that the Gülen organization uses charter schools and affiliated businesses in the U.S. to misappropriate and launder state and federal education dollars, which the organization then uses for its own benefit to develop political power in this country and globally.

Aside from defrauding American taxpayers, the Gülen organization has an even more ominous objective in the United States.  The organization is one of the country’s largest recipients of H1-B “specialty occupation” visas, which it uses to import Turkish teachers into its charter schools, supposedly because local U.S. talent is not available to fill math and science teaching positions in its charter schools.  The Gülen organization illegally threatens to revoke these visas unless the Turkish teachers agree to kick back part of their salary to the organization.

More importantly, the Turkish teachers in Gülen organization charter schools are evaluated not on the basis of their teaching skills, but rather on whether they achieve monthly goals in a secret point system designed to instil Turkish culture and Gülenist ideology in our American students. The goal, we are told, is to develop a Gülenist following of high achievers, incubated in our local community schools across the country.

The Gülen organization has been able to grow in the U.S. largely because it conceals both its identity and its motives.  The first line of defense for Gülenist charter schools and companies has been to deny any affiliation with Fethullah Gülen (their officers and directors claim that they are merely “inspired by” Gülen’s religious teachings), as if the simple creation of business entities in which Fethullah Gülen himself holds no ownership interest could alter his ultimate control over the organization.  In reality, the governing boards of the Gülen charter schools are populated disproportionately by loyal Turkish men answering to a handful of Imams who rule over defined regions across the U.S., reporting ultimately to Gülen in Saylorsburg, Pennsylvania.

In Nevada, CASLV is a three-campus school operating under a charter held by tax-exempt Coral Education Corp., headquartered in Reno.  Three of Coral’s board members are Turkish, one of whom was formerly the Principal at two other Gülen organization charter schools, the Sonoran Science Academy at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base in Arizona and the Bay Area Technology School in California.

Unfortunately, Nellis Air Force Base is not the Gülen organization’s first stab at a U.S. military base.  The organization successfully opened a school on Davis-Monthan AFB in 2009, and it tried but failed to gain access to Marine Corps Base Hawaii and Naval Station Great Lakes in Illinois.  In California, Magnolia Public Schools applied for a charter in Oceanside, where Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton is located, although it temporarily withdrew its application after our law firm pointed out Magnolia’s connection to the Gülen organization earlier this year.

Lest there be any doubt about the objectives in the United States, the strategy of subtly indoctrinating school children into the Gülen movement is a familiar one overseas, and there is great peril in allowing it to flourish in this country.  In his native Turkey, Gülen created a network of hundreds of schools that have produced – over the past three decades – a vast cadre of followers now prepared to perform his bidding from official positions in government, law enforcement, the judiciary and the media.  Although precise numbers are impossible to verify, some have estimated that he currently controls more than half of the entire Turkish police force. The Economist newspaper compared Gülen’s influence in Turkey to the Freemason infiltration of law enforcement and judicial elites in Europe during the last century. Numerous documented cases in Turkey involving planted evidence, tainted prosecutions and illegal incarceration of Gülen critics underscore that he is quite willing to abuse his power and influence.
•Visit Charter School Watchdog  for more info on the Islamic charter school deception

The same game plan is playing out, at last count, in 101 countries on every habitable continent.  With an estimated six million followers globally and assets in the range of $20-$50 billion, the Gülen organization has managed to conceal a great deal about its doctrine, mission or objectives.  Whether Gülen’s followers are classified as a religious sect, a commercial enterprise, a political movement or – as Dutch legislators concluded – a cult, it should be a matter of significant concern for our security and regulatory authorities.

In light of Gülen’s modus operandi elsewhere, the Department of Homeland Security should be asking itself why such a non-transparent, religion-based organization would seek to establish itself on our military bases, teaching the children of our service men and women. source
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 06, 2016, 06:12:23 pm »

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/here-they-come-the-first-of-obamas-muslim-migrant-refugees-from-surge-operation-to-arrive-in-us/

HERE THEY COME: The First Of Obama’s Muslim Migrant Refugees From ‘Surge Operation’ To Arrive In US

Since October last year, 1,000 Syrian refugees have moved from Jordan to the U.S. The resettlement surge hopes to increase that number ten-fold. A resettlement surge center opened in Amman in February to meet President Barack Obama’s target of resettling 10,000 Syrians to the United States by Sep. 30. Every day, the center interviews some 600 Syrian refugees.

4/6/16

The first Syrian Muslim migrant family to be resettled to the U.S. under its speeded-up “surge operation” departed to the United States Wednesday from the Jordanian capital, Amman.

EDITOR’S NOTE: In the typical devious style of the Obama administration, a single Muslim migrant family is being showcased as being representative of the rest of the migrants who will follow after them. But nothing could be further from the truth. Mixed in with the legitimate refugees will be thousands of ****, Muslim jihadi terrorists. Paris, Brussels, Jacksonville…

Ahmad al-Abboud, who is being resettled with his wife and five children, said that although he is thankful to Jordan — where he has lived for three years after fleeing Syria’s civil war — he is hopeful of finding a better life in the U.S.

Where will America’s No-Go Zones start? Flint Michigan  Smiley dok

This is what it’s like when Muslim migrants arrive in your country. Obama’s dream of America as a third world nation is coming true.

“I’m happy. America is the country of freedom and democracy, there are jobs opportunities, there is good education, and we are looking forward to having a good life over there,” al-Abboud said. The family, who are from the Syrian city of Homs, had been living in Mafraq, a town north of Amman. He was unable to find work in Jordan, and the family was surviving on food coupons.

Ahmad, who is 45 years old, said he had ambitious to find a job to support his family and to learn English.

“I am ready to integrate in the U.S. and start a new life,” he said, speaking to The Associated Press in Amman’s airport, where the family was due to board a flight to Kansas City, Missouri.

Since October last year, 1,000 Syrian refugees have moved from Jordan to the U.S. The resettlement surge hopes to increase that number ten-fold.

A resettlement surge center opened in Amman in February to meet President Barack Obama’s target of resettling 10,000 Syrians to the United States by Sep. 30. Every day, the center interviews some 600 Syrian refugees.

The temporary processing center for the surge operation will run until April 28, U.S. Ambassador to Jordan Alice Wells said. She travelled to the airport to greet the family before their departure.

The regional refugee coordinator at the U.S. embassy in Amman, Gina Kassem, said that while the 10,000 target applies to Syrian refugees living around the world, the majority will be resettled from Jordan.

“The 10,000 is a floor and not a ceiling, and it is possible to increase the number,” she told reporters.

While the resettlement process usually takes 18 to 24 months, under the surge operation this will be reduced to three months, Kassem said.

The U.N. Refugee Agency prioritizes the most vulnerable cases for resettlement, and then refers them to the U.S. to review, Kassem said. She said that priority is given to high-risk groups such as victims of torture and gender based violence and unaccompanied minors. “We do not have exclusions or look for families with certain education background, language skills or other socio-economic factors, and we do not cut family sizes,” she said.

Jordan hosts around 635,000 of the more than 4.7 million Syrians registered with the U.N. refugee agency after fleeing Syria’s civil war. The total number of Syrians in Jordan is more than 1.2 million, including those who arrived before the conflict. source
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 06:57:13 pm by Mark » Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 25, 2016, 09:35:02 pm »

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/un-demands-alternative-ways-to-admit-more-muslim-migrants-into-united-states/

United Nations Demands ‘Alternative Ways’ To Admit More Muslim Migrants Into United States

UNHCR next month [March 2016] is convening a meeting to look at what are being called “alternative safe pathways” for Syrian refugees. There may be ways that we could encourage Syrians to come to the U.S. without going through this laborious, time-consuming process of refugee resettlement.

4/25/16

United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is considering “alternative” ways to admit more Muslim migrants to the United States, beyond the current refugee resettlement program, according to the Center for Immigration Studies.

“The legitimacy and transparency of these new ‘alternative pathways,’ aimed at admitting increasing numbers of Syrian refugees into the United States without calling them ‘refugees,’ remain to be seen,” CIS senior researcher Nayla Rush wrote in a report Monday. “They might even amount to convenient admissions detours at a time when the U.S. refugee resettlement program is under tight scrutiny.”

According to Rush, facing a target to resettle 480,000 Syrian refugees over the next three years, U.N. representatives have already been laying the rhetorical groundwork for pursuing such alternatives to resettlement. During a panel discussion at the Brookings Institution in February, Rush detailed, Beth Harris, Research Professor at Georgetown University and adviser to the United Nations Secretary General on humanitarian refugee policy noted the possibility of alternative paths.

Refugees and government officials are expecting this crisis to last 10 or 15 years. It’s time that we no longer work as business as usual … UNHCR next month [March 2016] is convening a meeting to look at what are being called “alternative safe pathways” for Syrian refugees. Maybe it’s hard for the U.S. to go from 2,000 to 200,000 refugees resettled in a year, but maybe there are ways we can ask our universities to offer scholarships to Syrian students. Maybe we can tweak some of our immigration policies to enable Syrian-Americans who have lived here to bring not only their kids and spouses but their uncles and their grandmothers. There may be ways that we could encourage Syrians to come to the U.S. without going through this laborious, time-consuming process of refugee resettlement.

At the UNHCR March “high level” meeting in Geneva, Rush detailed, UN High Commissioner for Refugees Filippo Grandi called for “alternative avenues” for countries to admit more Syrian refugees.

These pathways can take many forms: not only resettlement, but also more flexible mechanisms for family reunification, including extended family members, labour mobility schemes, student visa and scholarships, as well as visa for medical reasons. Resettlement needs vastly outstrip the places that have been made available so far… But humanitarian and student visa, job permits and family reunification would represent safe avenues of admission for many other refugees as well.

According to Rush, Heather Higginbottom, Deputy Secretary of State for Management and Resources, attended the Geneva meeting along with representatives from 92 countries. The U.S. has pledged to admit at least 10,000 Syrian refugees this fiscal year, despite concerns voiced by top national security officials and Republicans that the vetting process is not sufficient enough to weed out possible terrorist threats.

As Rush noted, after the meeting, in addition to reiterating its resettlement goals, the Obama administration made additional promises.

“The United States pledged an additional $10 million to UNHCR to strengthen its efforts to identify and refer vulnerable refugees, including Syrians, for resettlement.”

“The United States joins UNHCR in calling for new ways nations, civil society, the private sector, and individuals can together address the global refugee challenge.”

“Additionally, the United States has created a program to allow U.S. citizens and permanent residents to file refugee applications for their Syrian family member.”source
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 24, 2016, 12:10:04 pm »

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=52216112267
Sufism: Esoteric Islam Exposed - Muhammad's Magic Carpet Ride (pastor Jason Cooley and bro Nate Marino)
Series:  STBC Radio  · 64 of 64
5/22/2016 (SUN)
Audio: http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=52216112267
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 24, 2016, 11:02:52 pm »

nowtheendbegins.com/obama-sets-single-day-record-muslim-migrants-admitted-united-states
5/24/16

Obama Sets Single-Day Record For Most Muslim Migrants Admitted Into The United States

The overwhelming majority of the refugees who have been admitted are Muslim. Yet the real victims - the real refugees in Syria - are largely Christian. Obama has a clear preference for the Muslim refugees. There is no way to vet these refugees. Records in many cases don't exist - and ISIS doesn't recruit people with criminal records.

The State Department admitted 80 Syrian Muslim migrants on Tuesday and 225 on Monday, setting a new single-day record, as President Obama surges to try to meet his target of 10,000 approvals this year — sparking renewed fears among security experts who say corners are being cut to meet a political goal

Officials insisted they’re moving faster because they’re getting better at screening, and say they’re still running all the traps on applicants. But the new spike in numbers is stunning, with more people accepted on Monday alone than were approved in the entire months of January or February.

“The Obama administration is on full throttle to admit as many people as possible before the time clock runs out on them,” said Jessica Vaughan, policy studies director at the Center for Immigration Studies. “This is the classic scenario when political expediency trumps prudence, and someone slips through who shouldn’t have, and tragedy ensues.”

Pamela Geller on The Daily Ledger: Obama’s Surge of Muslim Syrian Refugees into US

The overwhelming majority of the refugees who have been admitted are Muslim. Yet the real victims – the real refugees in Syria – are largely Christian. Obama has a clear preference for the Muslim refugees. There is no way to vet these refugees. Records in many cases don’t exist – and ISIS doesn’t recruit people with criminal records.

more
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: