End Times and Current Events
December 09, 2021, 01:51:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Crazy Weather Headlines!

Shoutbox
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
September 14, 2017, 04:31:26 am Christian40 says: i have thought that i'm reaping from past sins then my life has been impacted in ways from having non believers in my ancestry.
September 11, 2017, 06:59:33 am Psalm 51:17 says: The law of reaping and sowing. It's amazing how God's mercy and longsuffering has hovered over America so long. (ie, the infrastructure is very bad here b/c for many years, they were grossly underspent on. 1st Tim 6:10, the god of materialism has its roots firmly in the West) And remember once upon a time ago when shacking up b/w straight couples drew shock awe?

Exodus 20:5  Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
View Shout History
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crazy Weather Headlines!  (Read 37616 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: January 29, 2014, 10:28:36 am »

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2014/01/29/22492664-rare-winter-storm-paralyzes-atlanta-strands-thousands-of-schoolchildren?lite
1/29/14
Rare winter storm paralyzes Atlanta, strands thousands of schoolchildren

A rare winter storm glazed the South with snow and ice and paralyzed the city of Atlanta, which was so choked with traffic that drivers abandoned their cars and trudged to churches and home-improvement stores to spend the night.

Schoolchildren were still stranded Wednesday morning across the region, including nearly a thousand in schools outside Birmingham, Ala., and 850 in Marietta, Ga., where buses started to take the kids home on Tuesday afternoon but had to turn back because of bad roads.

Birmingham Mayor William Bell said teachers stayed with stranded students throughout the night, giving them food and water and trying to keep them calm.

"We realize that is not good enough for parents who want to hold their children in their arms,'' Bell told Reuters. "We are doing all we can to reunite children with their parents.''

The storm dumped less snow than expected in many places. Columbia, S.C., got an inch and a half, and Atlanta 2½ inches. Virginia Beach, Va., which was expecting as much as a foot, reported 7 inches. But the snow and ice slickened a part of the country unaccustomed to winter weather of any kind.

In Atlanta, two children spent the night on a bus and were still trapped inside at 6:30 a.m. on Wednesday — 18 hours after the snow started to fall.

Traffic maps of the city looked like an illustration of the human heart, red arteries in all directions. Gov. Nathan Deal sent military Humvees on to the clogeed freeways to deliver food and water and help stranded school buses.

“We know you want to get home, and we are going to work all day until you can return safely,” Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed said early Wednesday on Twitter.

Some drivers reported that they were stuck for 10 hours or more, and at least one baby was born during the gridlock — a little girl who was delivered by her father and a police officer on Interstate 285. Paramedics got the family to a hospital.

"I pulled over to check on them, And I asked the dad, 'Are y'all broke down?'" Officer Tim Sheffield told the TODAY show. "He goes, 'No, we're having a baby.'"

The Home Depot said it kept 14 Atlanta-area stores open overnight to provide shelter for stranded drivers.

“People are helping each other out. People are moving cars that have spun out or had become disabled,” Debbie Hartwig, a waitress at an Atlanta-area Waffle House, told The Associated Press. “It’s been really nice. I even saw people passing out hot coffee and granola bars.”

Most of the storm’s worst had passed by Wednesday morning, but a winter storm warning was still in effect from the Florida Panhandle to Ocean City, Md., and a hard-freeze warning stretched from Texas through Alabama.

“Today will be just as bad as yesterday in terms of the state of the roads,” said Guy Walton, a meteorologist for The Weather Channel.

Icy roads were further snarled by businesses and schools letting people leave early on Tuesday in an attempt to beat the worst of the bitter conditions. Authorities in Alabama were left red-faced after declaring a state of emergency only for the southern half of the state, leaving out hard-hit Birmingham and sending available equipment the other way.

Not all the misery was on the roads: More than 3,500 flights were delayed across the U.S. by mid-morning Wednesday with another 1,426 canceled, according to FlightAware.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: