End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 08:28:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

"...but if thou mayest be made free..."

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "...but if thou mayest be made free..."  (Read 6397 times)
Kilika
« on: October 02, 2011, 03:20:35 am »

Thought I'd post my comments about the work that a Christian is called to do, as in witnessing to others, as in "do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry"...

Yeah, not sure what thread as I looked thorugh June posts, but saw nothing. I thought maybe you'd know the therad so I didn't look further. Not a big deal. I can still give you an answer.

Well, not sure how much more I can eleborate beyond intentionally going out to win souls for Jesus to me is "works" and not faith.

I mean, can a person say to God they are going to go out and save a soul? Can a believer tell God when people need the Word? I think not. I do think that we can pray that they all may be saved and that God will use each of us for His purpose and as a light to the darkness, but IF God does, it's up to Him, right?

See, I don't believe we can tell God when to save a person or when to give His Word to others. It's almost like a person is forseeing the future, and we know that's not a good thing. Can the believer know who needs the Word? Can they tell who is ready for the Word? I know God can. Me? Not so much. That's why I need the Spirit to guide me.

And I also know the Word says that we are to wait on the Lord, be patient, and always be ready to give an answer of the reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear.

Now knowing that, if a believer is always ready to give an answer, does it matter where that person is? What makes you think that person must go to people? Can not God send people to you as He sees fit?

If you read the events of Jesus going around with the disciples, notice one thing; Did Jesus go to people, or did He go places and the people came to Him and followed Him as He went about His Father's business? I say the latter.

Yes, we know it says that Jesus sent the "apostles" out by twos. Once He told them to take nothing with them, and the next He told them to take what they had, and if they didn't have a sword, buy one. Which "sword" may have been a sword back then, but today I believe that "sword" is suppose to be the Word.

Notice it was the Apostles, not anyone else. He said that directly to them. But I do not believe we today are suppose to the do the same things, as that was a specific reason because the Good News needed to get out to the people to spread the Word, which people had never head before. Most people on earth have heard who Jesus is these days.

But I guess my main reason is really about a person taking thought for the morrow. And didn't Jesus tell them that not to take thought about what they should say when delivered up? It's about faith at the moment. Each time we see it's about faith, not works. The fellowship comes as God sends people who are ready. It may not appear they are when you talk to them, but God knows who is ready for His Word.

Also let me ask you, do you think God would mess up in having you get His Word out to people that need it? Do you think you know better than God when to preach the Word? I say we don't know better, thus we wait on the Lord and have faith that He will work through us that all may be saved.

In the beginning, I believe the mission was "pro-active" to start out, because the gospel had not been preached at all yet. Remember when Jesus told them, He was still alive, so the Father's business was not yet complete. Now days, I believe over time we have moved into a reactionary period, where we wait for God instead of taking it upon ourselves.

We are prepared whereever and whenever (always be ready to give an answer...) to share what we have freely been given. And just by going about our own business we encounter people all the time, so there is no loss of opportunity to share the gospel. Can you explain why it is that sometimes you just are not motivated to talk to a stranger? Sometimes that may be our own fear of rejection or simple laziness, but I believe it's about who is ready to receive it, and when God wants to use us, He makes it happen. It's not something that we ourselves make happen. There have been times when the topic came up and it was the last thing on my mind to talk about with the person. It just happens, and I have faith that it will happen, when God is ready.

Remember that we have the Spirit, the Comforter, to teach and guide us, and bring all things to our rememberence. If you feel moved, share. If not, don't worry about it. There is no set program or minimum witnessing guidelines, except those created by man in churchianity. You mention two groups that send people out. They definately are guilty of "works". Particularly the Mormons, who require it of the males. If it's required, then how is it by faith?

"The just shall live by faith."

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here [am] I; send me." Isaiah 6:8 (KJB)

"This [is] the day [which] the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." Pslam 118:24 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: