End Times and Current Events
April 16, 2024, 10:34:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

"...but if thou mayest be made free..."

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "...but if thou mayest be made free..."  (Read 6429 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: October 24, 2011, 11:33:37 pm »

Anyone?

Anyhow, being "career minded" truely has its consequences, no matter if you have a perfect attendance at church and consistently read whatever bible/daily devotional you have 15 minutes a day.

I was reading this the last couple of days...

Col 2:20  Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
Col 2:21  (Touch not; taste not; handle not;
Col 2:22  Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?
Col 2:23  Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

Col 3:5  Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
Col 3:6  For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience
:

1) Like the 1st above passage says, we're supposed to be FREE FROM the rudiments of this world. What happens if we're "career minded"? We're in BONDAGE to the rudiments of this world.

2) The 2nd passage links covetousness with idolatry - if one is "career minded", why? B/c they covet alot of money, honor, higher positions, etc, which obviously is idolatry. And look at the the next verse in this passage says...the wrath of God cometh(b/c of disobedience)...

And if we're "career minded" of this world...it's gonna be harder and harder to witness the gospel of Jesus Christ to the lost, quite simply b/c you're gonna be afraid to do so in fear of not achieving your goals in this Christ-hating world(like Jesus said, the world hateth you b/c it hateth me first).

Ultimately, it's rather obvious why the wolves have had a much easier time to infiltrate church buildings - the masons, witches, the emergent/purpose driven movement, new age movement, etc. It's as if the wolves are running the church institutions now b/c churches by and large are lowering themselves to the world. Even pastors are becoming "career minded" now, and their rotten fruit is showing.

And ultimately too, without praying and seeking the word of God daily, how are we going to have DISCERNMENT? Yeah, another big reason why the wolves have taken over the churches. For example, back in 2004 when my previous church moved into a million dollar new building, they started the whole purpose driven studies(and even invited 2 Roman Catholic political candidates at its grand opening). I thought it was a great idea, as did everyone else, largely b/c our pastor said so, largely b/c Warren (supposedly)gave 90% tithe, largely b/c Larry King thought Warren was a great guy, you get the point. Overall, being a "window shopping" Christian back then, I was really fooling myself thinking I was saved and had a one way ticket punched to heaven already. I'll admit I have regrets over coveting another career at the time first, and pretty much ignoring the word of God.

Anyways, yes, there are alot of consequences to being "career minded" - you just didn't see this mindset pre-WW2(and for that matter 100s of years before that). But somehow it came into play once the NWO minions hijacked the public education system in the 50's. Peter warned your adversaries are many and are prowling around like a roaring lion. How are you going to have discernment if you put your career first?

Heb 4:12  For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

2Co 13:5  Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Also to add too, when you work long hours(like I said in a previous job 3 years ago) to try to move up to better opportunities, you're only going to add more sorrows, lusts, etc, etc. This was my experience(not speaking for everyone else, but I feel this can creep in to anyone).

Jas 1:13  Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
Jas 1:14  But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
Jas 1:15  Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
Jas 1:16  Do not err, my beloved brethren.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: