End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 09:06:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

"...but if thou mayest be made free..."

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "...but if thou mayest be made free..."  (Read 6358 times)
Kilika
« on: December 05, 2010, 06:56:12 am »

"Art thou called [being] a servant? care not for it: but if thou mayest be made free, use [it] rather." 1 Corinthians 7:21 (KJB)

Considering the exhortations in scripture in relation to the end times and the "mark of the beast", this particular verse has been brought to my attention of the Spirit many times, and I must say I'm not sure how it relates to the end times, but I believe it does, it's just a matter of when it is really relevant. I believe iron does sharpen iron, so God willing the Spirit will gives us understanding on the matter.

From what I understand and believe, the body of Christ must at some point withdraw from worldly society, even jobs within society. And I must also say that I have a hard time with the body being servants of men in the world.

The above scripture does appear to say that "use" of a servitude can be done, but to what point and for how long and in what capacity is what I ponder.

We know that friendship with the world is emnity against God (James 4:4), so why is the body working in the world as servants to man? Is that exercising "use", or is that out of ignorance of scripture that the vast majority of people insist on having a job in society? Maybe even sent into servitude of men by the pulpits of the "Romans 13" false church? More importantly, what is Jesus telling people?

"No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon." Matthew 6:24 (KJB)

"So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple." Luke 14:33 (KJB)

"And ye shall seek me, and find [me], when ye shall search for me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13 (KJB)

"Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kilika
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 06:20:51 pm »

No commments? Interesting.
Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 09:45:41 pm »

No commments? Interesting.

Excellent!

You know, I've been thinking along these lines for the past few months or so - yes, the going's getting rough now, but God's Word NEVER changes. Evil will be destroyed in the end, all we have to do is OBEY and TRUST in our Lord Jesus Christ.

Thank you for posting this - even I myself have been guilty of yoking up myself with the world system et al here and there. Scripture clearly says not to.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 09:52:58 pm »

Another thing - every now and then, I hear a few of my Christians friends tell me how Catholics are good people because they do alot of good giving to charities et al to society, and don't act self-righteous.

Almost every time, I have to tell them that what they're doing with their "good works" is a SET UP-ie, one of them being is that they're using these "good works" to have all religions to work together...meaning this is a step for this **** church to UNITE all the pagan religions with christianity as much as possible. The Emergent Church is doing the exact same thing. IOW-their intentions are NOT good.

We really have to watch our backs and serve the Lord, and the Lord Jesus only in these rough times we're living in now.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 06:29:17 am »

I posted the several months ago and got basically one reply. I'm curious if anyone has consider this more recently.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 02:22:32 pm »

I posted the several months ago and got basically one reply. I'm curious if anyone has consider this more recently.

I'm glad you bumped this thread - yes, this is something to really ponder about. It seems like more and more news reports coming out are how companies, government sectors, 501c3 churches, you name it, are doing their part in implementing the draconian NWO agendas for Satan.

Yes, I know that Paul said if you don't work, you don't eat(ie-even though Singular cell phone service advertises occult symbolism subtlely meaning they're probably part of the NWO team, that doesn't mean a Christian employee in it has to leave it or else take the mark of the beast). But NONETHELESS, NONETHELESS...like said in the above paragraph, there are numerous things of grave concern in the overall workforce and schools that are conditioning everyone and even helping to implement this draconian system.

Personally, I've been unemployed for almost 3 years ago save for a minimum temp wage stint for 3.5 months last year(it's been incredibly difficult) - but I will admit, I feel the Lord has allowed this just for this very reason the OP talks about.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 03:45:54 am »

I think this is an interesting thread. How do you choose a job, who to work for.

Here are some verses:

Galatians 6:
4 But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.
5 For every man shall bear his own burden.

Ephesians 4:
28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.

2 Thessalonians 3:
8 Neither did we eat any man's bread for nought; but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you:
9 Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us.
10 For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.
11 For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.
12 Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread.
13 But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing.

1 Corinthians 4:
12 And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it:

Hebrews 13:
20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,
21 Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

1 Corinthians 15:
58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

1 Corinthians 3:
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Serve the Lord in whatever you do and you will be well rewarded in Heaven.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2011, 04:49:26 am »

"I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work." John 9:4 (KJB)

That's another verse to think about what it means. Literal or spiritual or both? We are to walk in the Spirit, right? So to me that means we are to look to the spiritual understanding. So the added question is when is it night that no man can work, and what is that work? Something tells me scripture isn't talking about a job at the local grocery!

And if you take that stance and then read those verses and apply it was though the "work" mentioned is in fact "the work of an evangelist", it takes on a whole new meaning.

It is my contention that the work is as the verse says, "working with your hands that thing which is good", so what is that thing which is good? And how can a person be a busybody by not holding down a literal job?

The primary thing Jesus tells us is to go into all the world and preach the gospel. THAT is the work I believe we are called to do. For those who for whatever reason are servants to men, they are called to act in a certain way towards their masters in the flesh, right? Masters are also called to act a certain way towards their servants, so Jesus does cover that situation, for those who are servants to men, but scripture says to not care for it, but that we do have the liberty to "use it rather". How one uses it is up to the person and God, which I believe is staying in the Spirit however it may be.

But when I read all those verses about work, to me, it keeps saying the same thing, that we are to "work with our hands", which is searching the scriptures, making full proof of our ministry, to do the "work of an evangelist".

And for those that may respond, "But if a person doesn't "work", then how can they survive or feed their families?" The best reply I have so far is I in turn ask them, How did Israel make it forty years in the desert? Why did Jesus point to the birds of the air and how the Father feeds them? And what about the 40 days that Jesus spent in the desert? And what about the Apostles during their time with Jesus which they seem to not be working any jobs, but in fact Jesus told them to drop their nets and follow Him?

"Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord." 1 Corinthians 15:58 (KJB)

26   Jesus answered them and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled. 
27   Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed. 
28   Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? 
29   Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent. 
30   They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work? 
31   Our fathers did eat manna in the desert; as it is written, He gave them bread from heaven to eat. 
32   Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven. 
33   For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world. 
34   Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread. 
35   And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. 
John 6:26-35 (KJB)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 04:53:35 am by Kilika » Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2011, 09:14:58 am »

Kilika, good point about the "if you don't work, you don't eat" passage - no wonder why today's 501c3/big buildings "church" interprets it just the opposite...it's b/c so they can convince their pews to give their money to support their 501c3 ministries and buildings.

No, I agree that we need to work to make a living, but this is GOD'S WORD we are talking about here!
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2011, 12:30:34 pm »

Thought I would bring up this thread again b/c this is a good passage to think about.

I was having a conversation with a fellow brethren the other day, and 2 points were brought up...

1) It seems like a big growing number of businesses and companies are yoking themselves up slowly but surely with the mark of the beast system. No, I'm not saying every single company(I'm sure there are good ones runned by Christians). No, I'm not saying every business is runned by masons and witches. But by and large, they are getting in bed with the biometrics program, among many of the other system's draconian agendas to usher in the events of Rev 13.

Personally, my dad is in academia, and there are alot of research stuff with the government and military. I am getting more and more concerned with him, especially as these last days(it seems like) are inching closer and closer. Over the last year or so, he's been depressed b/c his proposals have been rejected(meaning he won't be able to pay much to his grad students et al), and now I heard him say today that maybe there's more opportunities with Homeland Security...OK, I'll stop right there. The Pentagon, Homeland Security, the Defense Department(all of which my dad crosses paths with, as well as academia), are the BIG honcho ones serving Satan and the mark of the beast system. No, I'm not in any way saying my dad is, but nonetheless, this is pretty concerning. Which is why, personally, I find it a blessing that his proposals have been rejected(even though I won't admit it to him).

And on my side, I'm in Accounting/Finance(and have my CPA) - however, especially since the Enron scandal, which has(supposedly) boomed the Accounting job market...quite frankly, it's all but helping out the mark of the beast system as well. I hate to say this(as I'm in this field), but the facts are that ever since the Enron scandal, the Accounting field has pretty much played the role of "big brother" to the corporate/business world.

Anyhow, didn't mean to go into detail about my personal side, and I am NOT saying to quit your jobs if let's say you work for Verizon or any other big corporation(or for that matter if the bosses in your company are masons or whatever), but at the same time, as the last days are approaching fast, it seems like every public/private sector is getting in bed with the MOB system. Next thing we know, the only employment available will be from the government itself. Which is why I will personally admit that I think it was God's will for me not to land a job for these 3 years I've been layed off(ie-one time, I had one in my pocket when a recruiter called, but my cell phone just MYSTERIOUSLY hung up, and they ended up giving the position to someone else. I was mad then, but I understood completely as time went on. Praise Jesus!).

2. The fellow brethren I had this chat with made a very good point here - is it really worth it if we work in places where not only it's secular, but we have to keep our mouths shut about the gospel, and for that matter not be able to confess Jesus's name? Scripture clearly says if we deny him, then he will deny us before the holy angels. If we're ashamed of him, then he will be ashamed of us before the holy angels.

I mean the longer we're in these places, the more we get CONDITIONED to be ashamed of the gospel. To me, it's no different from exposing ourselves to blasphemous Hollywood movies(where we then learn to blaspheme God).

I remember William F. Cooper said in his Mystery Babylon series that it will come to a point when this NWO is implemented when the desperate will be BEGGING for a job. I'm not endorsing Cooper, but when we had this discussion the other day, Cooper's comment here came to my mind just now.

We're supposed to preach and share the gospel to all the world, right? It's pretty bad if we're stuck in a 9-5 job having to keep our mouths shut about the gospel, right?

Was wondering what everyone's thoughts are on this.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2011, 03:20:35 am »

Thought I'd post my comments about the work that a Christian is called to do, as in witnessing to others, as in "do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry"...

Yeah, not sure what thread as I looked thorugh June posts, but saw nothing. I thought maybe you'd know the therad so I didn't look further. Not a big deal. I can still give you an answer.

Well, not sure how much more I can eleborate beyond intentionally going out to win souls for Jesus to me is "works" and not faith.

I mean, can a person say to God they are going to go out and save a soul? Can a believer tell God when people need the Word? I think not. I do think that we can pray that they all may be saved and that God will use each of us for His purpose and as a light to the darkness, but IF God does, it's up to Him, right?

See, I don't believe we can tell God when to save a person or when to give His Word to others. It's almost like a person is forseeing the future, and we know that's not a good thing. Can the believer know who needs the Word? Can they tell who is ready for the Word? I know God can. Me? Not so much. That's why I need the Spirit to guide me.

And I also know the Word says that we are to wait on the Lord, be patient, and always be ready to give an answer of the reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear.

Now knowing that, if a believer is always ready to give an answer, does it matter where that person is? What makes you think that person must go to people? Can not God send people to you as He sees fit?

If you read the events of Jesus going around with the disciples, notice one thing; Did Jesus go to people, or did He go places and the people came to Him and followed Him as He went about His Father's business? I say the latter.

Yes, we know it says that Jesus sent the "apostles" out by twos. Once He told them to take nothing with them, and the next He told them to take what they had, and if they didn't have a sword, buy one. Which "sword" may have been a sword back then, but today I believe that "sword" is suppose to be the Word.

Notice it was the Apostles, not anyone else. He said that directly to them. But I do not believe we today are suppose to the do the same things, as that was a specific reason because the Good News needed to get out to the people to spread the Word, which people had never head before. Most people on earth have heard who Jesus is these days.

But I guess my main reason is really about a person taking thought for the morrow. And didn't Jesus tell them that not to take thought about what they should say when delivered up? It's about faith at the moment. Each time we see it's about faith, not works. The fellowship comes as God sends people who are ready. It may not appear they are when you talk to them, but God knows who is ready for His Word.

Also let me ask you, do you think God would mess up in having you get His Word out to people that need it? Do you think you know better than God when to preach the Word? I say we don't know better, thus we wait on the Lord and have faith that He will work through us that all may be saved.

In the beginning, I believe the mission was "pro-active" to start out, because the gospel had not been preached at all yet. Remember when Jesus told them, He was still alive, so the Father's business was not yet complete. Now days, I believe over time we have moved into a reactionary period, where we wait for God instead of taking it upon ourselves.

We are prepared whereever and whenever (always be ready to give an answer...) to share what we have freely been given. And just by going about our own business we encounter people all the time, so there is no loss of opportunity to share the gospel. Can you explain why it is that sometimes you just are not motivated to talk to a stranger? Sometimes that may be our own fear of rejection or simple laziness, but I believe it's about who is ready to receive it, and when God wants to use us, He makes it happen. It's not something that we ourselves make happen. There have been times when the topic came up and it was the last thing on my mind to talk about with the person. It just happens, and I have faith that it will happen, when God is ready.

Remember that we have the Spirit, the Comforter, to teach and guide us, and bring all things to our rememberence. If you feel moved, share. If not, don't worry about it. There is no set program or minimum witnessing guidelines, except those created by man in churchianity. You mention two groups that send people out. They definately are guilty of "works". Particularly the Mormons, who require it of the males. If it's required, then how is it by faith?

"The just shall live by faith."

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here [am] I; send me." Isaiah 6:8 (KJB)

"This [is] the day [which] the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." Pslam 118:24 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2011, 04:00:50 am »

The fellow brethren I had this chat with made a very good point here - is it really worth it if we work in places where not only it's secular, but we have to keep our mouths shut about the gospel, and for that matter not be able to confess Jesus's name? Scripture clearly says if we deny him, then he will deny us before the holy angels. If we're ashamed of him, then he will be ashamed of us before the holy angels.

I mean the longer we're in these places, the more we get CONDITIONED to be ashamed of the gospel. To me, it's no different from exposing ourselves to blasphemous Hollywood movies(where we then learn to blaspheme God).

I remember William F. Cooper said in his Mystery Babylon series that it will come to a point when this NWO is implemented when the desperate will be BEGGING for a job. I'm not endorsing Cooper, but when we had this discussion the other day, Cooper's comment here came to my mind just now.

We're supposed to preach and share the gospel to all the world, right? It's pretty bad if we're stuck in a 9-5 job having to keep our mouths shut about the gospel, right?

Was wondering what everyone's thoughts are on this.

Well we can never give in to the government's rules that say we cant preach the Gospel. The Lord Jesus is higher than these governments so we should obey the Lord Jesus Christ first. There comes a point where we have to choose to obey the Lord Jesus over man. Satan is concerned with the things of man, the Lord Jesus wants us to be concerned with the things of God. We should be heavenly minded not earthly minded. Why should be obey mere men? It is far better to have no job than to work as a slave for the New World Order. Plus the Lord Jesus wants us to trust Him for our needs. You will find that obeying the Lord Jesus is eternally better than obeying the government.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2011, 09:23:43 am »

Also another thing I thought I would add...

Being on university campuses for who-knows-how-many-years, can't tell you how many false promises and lies we were fed concerning the job markets and the amount of pay potentially thrown at us.

For example, when I went back to school for Accounting, it was around the time the Enron fiasco happened, and Congress had to put out much tighter laws to watch over business...this meant more opportunities for Accountants(especially Auditors). It was through this that almost every Beta Alpha Psi(honors Accounting group I was in at my univ), the speakers went on and on how once we pass the CPA exam, there will be a world of jobs, promotion opportunities, higher pay, etc, etc, and even pointed to this Enron fiasco as an example how the Accounting field is thriving.

Guess what...no, the job market for Accountants is NOT what they promised many times. No, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't like you can walk in anywhere you like(whether Public Accounting or Private Industry) and thrive a career to your heart's desire. Now even with a HORRIBLE job market overall, they're still putting out this LIE that Actuaries(another profession) in insurance companies et al are still thrive, the pay is at least $50K a year, blah, blah, blah. Again, another LIE - now I hear from people that to get jobs in this profession, just looking around the internet(ie, careerbuilder.com) and the local paper's classifieds is not suffice.(ie-you literally have to be aggressive, as the jobs are rather sparse)

Anyhow, it just amazes me how the secular world(ie-the public education system) puts out so many lies and false promises, but Churchianity of today acts like everything's all good, it's no big deal, etc, etc.

No wonder why Churchianity is so blind to scripture today, and no marvel why we are having a big falling away now(b/c people want to rely on their church systems rather than scripture).

Seriously, what the OP brought up to discuss here is an example of how we really need the Holy Spirit in guiding us in searching the scriptures. I mean in the present day - college students are having a very tough time finding decent employment, people are getting layed off...but with so many years of brainwashing from Churchianity over how "if ye don't work ye don't eat = ye don't have a job we shouldn't feel pity for you"(and on and on with other heresies), and couple that with all the false promises given by the public education system to our young kids for many years...

Again, this is really why we need to study and search the scriptures daily.(and pray and watch, of course) This is why I bring this up in this post right here.

Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2011, 04:00:15 am »

No wonder why Churchianity is so blind to scripture today, and no marvel why we are having a big falling away now(b/c people want to rely on their church systems rather than scripture).

Yes that falling away is happening now so the Rapture comes into view.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2011, 10:08:56 am »

Not that I'm trying to patronize the OP or anything, but this is one of the better threads(in the 2 years I've been here) on this forum, but few responses? I'm surprised.

Anyhow, thought I would throw this out there too-not that I'm endorsing the public school system, but...

My Marketing professor in 2004 made one very interesting comment - prior to WW2, the economy was VERY simple, "We make them, you buy them". AFTER WW2, it got much more complicated as they approached every product to tailor them to everyone's tastes, so as a result the market exploded and got more competitive. For example, prior to WW2, selling sweaters was just that, the businesses would merely make them as they are, and the citizens would buy them. Afterward, they would tailor them in many different ways(via colors, logos on them, etc, etc) to appeal to many demographics, which exploded the market.

Pt being here is that prior to WW2, you really didn't see many, if hardly any "career minded" people - it was all very simple. The man of the house would work his 8 hour day, albeit with alot of joy and fruitfulness, come home and care for his family. Overall, everyone was very happy their NEEDS were provided. Since WW2 until this present day? Look how the "career mindedness" has EXPLODED. Go to college, either go to graduate school or get certifications so that you can make good money, get promotions and make more money...however, strings are attached as LONG work hours are required.

As a result, the man of the house has less time to spend with his family, and even lesser time to be in God's presence via the word and prayer. The family has broken up little by little...divorce rates going up, kids with less parental guidance...and during all this time the enemy(ie-Satan and his minions) has really thrown alot right under their noses(ie-sex and violence in the media, fast-food poisons, pharmakia), and not to mention too while the world has been deceived into thinking of being "career minded", alot of other draconian stuff like credit cards and getting into other debt has been seen as "buying the American dream"(which really ballooned during Reagan).

And to make matters worse, Churchianity acts like if you merely give your increased salaries from your blessed careers to them, God will abundantly bless you.

Anyhow, like I said, I don't endorse my Marketing professor(she could have brought up the Federal Reserve system that has hindered alot of things), but still, she brought up a very good point pre/post WW2 which got me thinking.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2011, 05:51:38 pm »

That I think is the point that people have forgotten. Things didn't use to be this way as you say. People did the various "work" around their house. That was their jobs, to take care of their household and those in it. Build a house, plant food, make clothes and household items that were needed to care for the house.

There wasn't all the carnal trappings of today, such as going to movies, watching tv, shopping for clothes (except the very rich) going on vacations, pension plans, retirements, none of that. Just look at all the various things people buy that they don't need, but simply want because they think it's cool. Look at the money spent on furnishings, decorations, electronics, etc. The biggest cost these days to families is a house, car, and college. Back in the day, all you really needed was a horse, and natural building materials were and are plentiful, but with one BIG catch these days; government regulations.

That is a big problem for people these days too. You can't just buy some land from a person for an agreed price and go about your business. Oh No, you got to jump through all kinds of licenses, permits, titles, driving up the price. Then you got all the zoning regulations that says what you can and can't build, which forces people to use "licensed" contractors. You can't even technically do any wiring in your home because of building permit requirements. And look at the requirements for a foundation! Man, there is just no way around it, you are forced to go by zoning laws, or they tear your house down!

With an interest in architecture rom school, I've over the years studied the cheapest, and most energy efficient ways to build a home, and I've pretty much settled on adobe style construction. Yeah, I'm in a desert, but having research it, that stuff is amazing material and CHEAP. You can do it all yourself, BUT the foundation and electrical work. Some areas may even require a licensed plumber, which is a joke. But anyway, the point is that there is nowhere to build that government doesn't restrict you somehow which costs more money. That wasn't the case back many years ago.

Many of the federal agencies of today didn't exist back before WW2, and yes, far less regulations and such. But we knew it was going to get worse and worse, and so it has.

The "world" has put pressure through social means to force people into thinking they must have a career, etc or they aren't as good as the rest of society. It's classic peer pressure.

But there is NO LAW that says one must have a "job" in the world, but in fact scripture says do the work of an evangalist. HOW you care for your home starts with guiding the house spiritually in the Word, as the household's elder. Then everything else is added on, just as Jesus says, like with the birds of the air.

God takes care of the animals, so why wouldn't He care for us? He does, if we let Him, and we not go running off on our own caught up in "works".

What does scripture say?

"And having food and raiment let us be therewith content." 1 Timothy 6:8 (KJB)

And what is that actually saying? What is "food and raiment"? Well, I believe since we are told to walk in the Spirit, and compare spiritual with spiritual, then we must look at that verse spiritually. So the food (bread of life) is the Word, and the raiment (He is a shield unto them...) is the Word. So I believe that verse is saying having the Word of God, let us be content. We are to "think on these things" which is the Word.

"But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you." Luke 12:31 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2011, 11:33:37 pm »

Anyone?

Anyhow, being "career minded" truely has its consequences, no matter if you have a perfect attendance at church and consistently read whatever bible/daily devotional you have 15 minutes a day.

I was reading this the last couple of days...

Col 2:20  Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
Col 2:21  (Touch not; taste not; handle not;
Col 2:22  Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?
Col 2:23  Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

Col 3:5  Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
Col 3:6  For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience
:

1) Like the 1st above passage says, we're supposed to be FREE FROM the rudiments of this world. What happens if we're "career minded"? We're in BONDAGE to the rudiments of this world.

2) The 2nd passage links covetousness with idolatry - if one is "career minded", why? B/c they covet alot of money, honor, higher positions, etc, which obviously is idolatry. And look at the the next verse in this passage says...the wrath of God cometh(b/c of disobedience)...

And if we're "career minded" of this world...it's gonna be harder and harder to witness the gospel of Jesus Christ to the lost, quite simply b/c you're gonna be afraid to do so in fear of not achieving your goals in this Christ-hating world(like Jesus said, the world hateth you b/c it hateth me first).

Ultimately, it's rather obvious why the wolves have had a much easier time to infiltrate church buildings - the masons, witches, the emergent/purpose driven movement, new age movement, etc. It's as if the wolves are running the church institutions now b/c churches by and large are lowering themselves to the world. Even pastors are becoming "career minded" now, and their rotten fruit is showing.

And ultimately too, without praying and seeking the word of God daily, how are we going to have DISCERNMENT? Yeah, another big reason why the wolves have taken over the churches. For example, back in 2004 when my previous church moved into a million dollar new building, they started the whole purpose driven studies(and even invited 2 Roman Catholic political candidates at its grand opening). I thought it was a great idea, as did everyone else, largely b/c our pastor said so, largely b/c Warren (supposedly)gave 90% tithe, largely b/c Larry King thought Warren was a great guy, you get the point. Overall, being a "window shopping" Christian back then, I was really fooling myself thinking I was saved and had a one way ticket punched to heaven already. I'll admit I have regrets over coveting another career at the time first, and pretty much ignoring the word of God.

Anyways, yes, there are alot of consequences to being "career minded" - you just didn't see this mindset pre-WW2(and for that matter 100s of years before that). But somehow it came into play once the NWO minions hijacked the public education system in the 50's. Peter warned your adversaries are many and are prowling around like a roaring lion. How are you going to have discernment if you put your career first?

Heb 4:12  For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

2Co 13:5  Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Also to add too, when you work long hours(like I said in a previous job 3 years ago) to try to move up to better opportunities, you're only going to add more sorrows, lusts, etc, etc. This was my experience(not speaking for everyone else, but I feel this can creep in to anyone).

Jas 1:13  Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
Jas 1:14  But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
Jas 1:15  Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
Jas 1:16  Do not err, my beloved brethren.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2011, 04:07:17 am »

How are you going to have discernment if you put your career first?

You dont have discernment if you put your career first. One has to put the Lord Jesus Christ first and not be conformed to this world.

You may become an outcast in this world but you will have traded a difficult and corrupt system for a pearl of great price (that is the Kingdom of heaven)

Matthew 13:
45 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:
46 Who, when he had found one PEARL of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

Romans 12:
2 And be not CONFORMED to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

And what is God's will?

2 Peter 3:
9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not WILLING that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

The best place to be is doing God's will. And that is to preach the Gospel to the lost. There are myriad of methods to do that. Some people believe that giving money to missionaries for Bibles and necessities is an indirect form of preaching the Gospel to the lost.

Satan is very subtle and tricky, he can use the whole world system against you to try to get you away from thinking about the things of God.

1 John 4:
4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because GREATER IS HE THAT is in you, than he that is in the world.

John 16:
33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have OVERCOME THE world.

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2011, 07:50:00 am »

That of servitude and freedom. It was common in that age of the world for many to be in a state of slavery, bought and sold for money, and so the property of those who purchased them. "Now,’’ says the apostle, "art thou called being a servant? Care not for it. Be not over-solicitous about it. It is not inconsistent with thy duty, profession, or hopes, as a Christian. Yet, if thou mayest be made free, use it rather,’’ v. 21. There are many conveniences in a state of freedom above that of servitude: a man has more power over himself, and more command of his time, and is not under the control of another lord; and therefore liberty is the more eligible state. But men’s outward condition does neither hinder nor promote their acceptance with God. For he that is called being a servant is the Lord’s freed-man—apeleutheros, as he that is called being free is the Lord’s servant. Though he be not discharged from his master’s service, he is freed from the dominion and vassalage of sin. Though he be not enslaved to Christ, yet he is bound to yield himself up wholly to his pleasure and service; and yet that service is perfect freedom. Note, Our comfort and happiness depend on what we are to Christ, not what we are in the world. The goodness of our outward condition does not discharge us from the duties of Christianity, nor the badness of it debar us from Christian privileges. He who is a slave may yet be a Christian freeman; he who is a freeman may yet be Christ’s servant. He is bought with a price, and should not therefore be the servant of man. Not that he must quit the service of his master, or not take all proper measures to please him (this were to contradict the whole scope of the apostle’s discourse); but he must not be so the servant of men but that Christ’s will must be obeyed, and regarded, more than his master’s. He has paid a much dearer price for him, and has a much fuller property in him. He is to be served and obeyed without limitation or reserve. Note, The servants of Christ should be at the absolute command of no other master besides himself, should serve no man, any further than is consistent with their duty to him. No man can serve two masters. Though some understand this passage of persons being bought out of slavery by the bounty and charity of fellow-Christians; and read the passage thus, Have you been redeemed out of slavery with a price? Do not again become enslaved; just as before he had advised that, if in slavery they had any prospect of being made free, they should choose it rather. This meaning the words will bear, but the other seems the more natural.

Mathew Henry
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2011, 08:30:14 pm »

Also to add - I saw 2 end times Christian movies on youtube last night. One of them was "Years of the Beast", and the other "Gone". In the former, there was a discussion midway in the movie over how(and even doubts by a few) that if you take the mark of the beast, your eternal damnation is sealed. Then it was discussed that it's b/c you're giving your ALLIEGIANCE to the beast.

Overall, it seems like even a growing number of Christians don't understand this(I'll admit I myself too at times won't have a firm handle on it). Here's the point - whether it's the mark of the beast in the tribulation, or whether it's in our every day lives before the tribulaion starts - scripture specifically states NOT to serve 2 masters. To love the Lord with all our heart, soul, strength and mind(1st commandment). To serve the Lord ONLY. We shall live on every word of God. The list goes on. Anyway, today's modern-day Churchianity seems to be kept in the dark in this - we are supposed to give our allegiance to Jesus Christ, not to the rudiments of this world. What happens if we become "career-minded"? We are serving another master, we are not serving the Lord wholly with our heart, etc.

Ultimately, we can read our bibles at morning-time(and pray a few minutes with it) all we want, but if it comes to a point where we're engulfing ourselves in these career-minded jobs, we're going to forget what we read and prayed about in the morning. Like James said - be doers of the word, and not hearers only. And remember the sick and demon-possessed that cried out to the Lord Jesus Christ in the 4 gospels of the NT - what did Jesus tell them? BELIEVE. Honestly, if one choses a "career-minded" path, do you think that person believes an ounce of anything that Jesus said? Not so sure...I was in this boat when I was pursuing this career-minded path, and I can honestly say I fooled myself into thinking merely going to church and giving 10% tithe would do the trick, but I had no love of the Father inside of me(b/c I had the love of the world and the lusts thereof).

As for the 2nd movie - while I do NOT recommend seeing it(yes, it was a "Christian" end times movie, but it had a New Agey-feel with the Illuminati's fingerprints all over it), however, the plot about the 3 young men who graduated from prestigious law schools and were working their way up the corporate ladder was the thing that caught my eye in it. Right before the "rapture", they were deceived into believing that the world was in their fingertips to help usher in a utopia, even if it meant stepping on everyone's toes and acting unclean. Just to make a long story short, at the end of the movie, while one of the young men repented, the other of the 3 admitted that one of Satan's big deceptions is convincing everyone he doesn't exist, and went on to say that these big career-minded jobs are one way to get them away from the word of God. It sure had that feel after the first 10-15 minutes of it.

Ultimately, Satan and his minions have been conditioning this world to take the mark of the beast for a long, long time. No, it's not some "surprise" thing that comes up in the tribulation, b/c for years upon decades upon centuries, Satan's biggest weapon has been deception, and one of his agendas has been to deceive people into putting allegiances into other material things to get them away from the word of God. There are other examples of this too - the "religious right" pushing Christians to give allegiances to Republican politicians, public schools having kids pledge allegiance to the flag, and not to knock on sports teams(as I watch the games), but conditioning them to eye the prize of a championship trophy is not good either(as it's a corruptible crown that will burn up eventually).

What happens if we don't eat our daily bread, the word of God? We're not going to have discernment, we're not going to be ready as are adversaries are coming from many places. We're going to get entrenched into the rudiments of this world. And we're not going to have a mind of Christ, discerning what is good and what is evil.

Ultimately - that person who claims himself to be a Christian and takes the mark of the beast is no different from that person claiming to be a Christian who dies years before the tribulation starts, but gives his allegiance to a career-minded path(ie-here in North Texas somewhere, there was this 100 year old guy who died recently that just kept working at his law firm until he died. He was also a regular church goer, and was [supposedly]seen as a good Christian. I'm not going to judge him, but honestly, I really don't know, as he seemed to be pretty highly esteemed for his merely being a good person and nothing else).

Anyhow, after viewing those 2 movies last night, I was thinking about this thread.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2011, 07:07:11 pm »

I was just reading this passage(again)...the bolded is the "can't work, can't eat" passage...now look at 2 of the underlined words in the bolded, and you will see how these same 2 words are used in OTHER verses in this SAME passage...

2Th 3:6  Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.
2Th 3:7  For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you;
2Th 3:8  Neither did we eat any man's bread for nought; but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you:
2Th 3:9  Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us.
2Th 3:10  For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.
2Th 3:11  For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.
2Th 3:12  Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread
2Th 3:13  But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing.
2Th 3:14  And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.
2Th 3:15  Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will let you decide - but outside of the bolded 2 verses, Paul was NOT talking about working a job so you can eat, he was talking about having discernment in terms of fellowshipping with the right/wrong people. So pt being that God is not the author of confusion - why would Paul throw in some other topic in between but very briefly, when he was preaching something completely different in this entire 2nd The 3?
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2011, 03:30:16 am »

I believe that what is being talked about is work, as in "working with our hands that thing which is good".

"Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with [his] hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth." Ephesians 4:28 (KJB)

The person who walks "disorderly" and is a "busybody", I believe is the person who is NOT working with his hands that thing, which is the Word of God. They are the ones running around telling everybody what and how, but they themselves aren't studying the Word. It's like an unbeliever trying to tell a Christian that they aren't being a good Christian.

The disciples were taken care of, and their ministry was supported by the various believers, the "churches which are in Asia", etc. It's suppose to be the churches share between themselves and provide assistance to those who are fulltime in the ministry because they don't work a job. So those who don't work in the ministry aren't entitled to the help those who do work in the minstry get.

Basically, I think Paul is saying that if a person isn't willing to do the work of an evangalist (study to show thyself approved unto God), then they aren't entitled to the "income" of one.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2011, 09:26:34 am »

Also to add - during my years in college, whatever your major/studies were, the themes were the same - when you get a job, do NOT stay in the same (entry level)position you started in, but move up to better promotions and opportunities, otherwise you will not last long as companies will move you out.

Again, whatever happened to be rejoiceful in the fruitfulness of our labour? And is "entry level" another PC term added to the mix? Yeah, another example of the public education system conditioning everyone to be "career-minded" and make loads of money(to better put it, loads of unlimited paper money that will be worthless one day when the global economy crashes).

Also to add too, thought I would share this here - many years ago before 9/11 when I had an AOL account, some young boy IM'd me b/c he wanted to talk and was lonely(he saw my frequent posts in one of the message forums there). I tried to ignore him, but at the same time I tried to be kind b/c both of his parents had full time jobs that were very demanding(and paid very well too), and he had some kind of mental illness(dyxlexia, I think). No, I didn't think he was some adult pedifile masquerading as a young boy b/c I thought he sounded pretty genuine. But nonetheless, I felt rather sorry for him b/c he was all alone, and his parents seemed to have this thinking that all the money they make and provide for him, he would be very happy and satisfied. But at the same time, it was pretty obvious even with all the material stuff he had around him, he was pretty lonely and sad.

It was shortly after 9/11 when I cancelled my AOL account(and never heard from him again), but as you can see, America really, really has gone down the tubes post-WW2. You have politicians, especially "Republicans" on Capitol Hill always saying how they can open up the economy and provide jobs, but none of them have any biblical truth in them, and today's "Churchianity" has fell for them hook, line, and sinker. No wonder why alot of wicked stuff(rock music, pharmakia, fast-food poisons, etc, etc) have gone right under people's noses. People have rejected Jesus Christ and want to walk after their own lusts, so God says, "OK, if you want to be delivered unto Satan...".

No, I'm not saying I'm Mr. Perfect - I was in this situation too when I had big ambitions in the career-minded path. I suffered the consequences both times. This is why I bring this up(as it comes from my experiences as well).
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2011, 09:04:30 pm »

Read this passage this evening - which everyone here should be very familiar with, however, imho, this is probably the most crucially important passage for any believer.

1Jn 2:14  I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.
1Jn 2:15  Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
1Jn 2:16  For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
1Jn 2:17  And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever

This is one passage(among many very important ones) that Churchianity ends up ignoring. Anyhow, yeah, this passage is what it is - you can rationalize all you want over how you read your bible every day, pray every day, etc, etc. But if you work toward these career-minded jobs and focus on them, again, this passage of scripture is what it is. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever, there's NO way in trying to bargain your way out of this. I will admit(like I've said numerous times here) I've been down this road, and I've even went as far as tithing more than 10% thinking it would get the job done - still felt incredibly empty in my heart. Again, very crucial passage.

And then look at the passages that come right after this, and even though it switches gears a bit, again, look what it says...

1Jn 2:18  Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

Interestering this passage is thrown here right after - just remember all those other passages where Jesus warns us to WATCH, where Jesus warns us how we have MANY adversaries coming after us, and then that 2nd The 2 passage where it talks about the "strong delusion" being thrown at those who do not accept the love of the truth(as well as the rise of the end times antichrist). So if we love this world and the things thereof in it, including the lusts thereof...we won't be watching...we won't be discerning...you see where this is going? Seriously, no wonder why Churchianity today has so many WOLVES in their church buildings. So ultimately, if we don't have the love of the Father in us, but following the lusts of this world, will we be watching and discerning over the many adversaries that are coming after us? Don't think so.

For those that DO have the love of the truth...

1Jn 2:20  But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.
1Jn 2:21  I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.
1Jn 2:22  Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1Jn 2:23  Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
1Jn 2:24  Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father

So Jesus says he has written us these things b/c we KNOW the truth. Hhmmmmm...........again, anyone can read their bibles for hours all they want, but if one puts alot of their time into their careers, does anyone think they know the truth, or have even accepted the love of the truth? Again, like I said above, I've been down this road before, and have fooled myself so many times.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2011, 04:43:02 pm »

Just thought I would throw this out there too-

When one is career-minded, he/she ends up focusing on himself 100% of the time. No time for prayer, the word of God, or anything else.

Pt being that when we are serving God, and serving God ALONE, the blessings of opportunities we are able to serve him are ABUNDANT. For example, it was 2 months ago when the Lord was moving me to do this - every time I take my run around the neighborhood, I noticed this one couple with 2 kids, one toddler and another a new born. After awhile, it was when I went up to their home one Sun evening and gave them info on the dangers of vaccines, as well as Scott's contendingfortruth.com site(told them how he is a Christian watchman), read them a couple of bible passages concerning how vaccines are dangerous(ie-our bodies are the temple of God, and in Genesis how God told Adam to be fruitful and multiply), and then gave them a tract.

No, I'm not saying we should do this every single day going around door to door(this would be a works of the flesh), but pt being that when you are serving Christ, and Christ alone, you just see the fruitfulness in abundance.

Again, I'm not saying we should form an anti-vaccines activism movement(again, this would be a works of the flesh), but when you are career-minded, and then the whole environment around you is like this, the rotten fruit of thorns just grows out in abundance. I mean it pains me to see how most of this world is just apathetic when it comes to these poisonous vaccine concerns(as well as not seeing all the poisons in today's foods), and it pains me even more when I hear Jesus Christ's name get blasphemed so many times. And I was in this same boat years ago when I went down this same destructive path(ie-had no idea about the KJV, vaccines, poisons in foods, the evils of Churchianity, the list goes on).

Also, to clear up more with this vaccinations issue - again, it's not like we're trying to form an Alex Jones-activism movement, but at the very least, this is something you can warn your family members and friends in TRUTH AND LOVE, and you can throw in a witnessing opportunity by showing scripture over how this is evil(and hopefully point them to the Lord Jesus Christ). Didn't Timothy say he who doesn't take care of his household hath departed from the faith, and is worse than an infidel?

Heb 7:18  For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.
Heb 7:19  For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.
Heb 7:20  And inasmuch as not without an oath he was made priest:
Heb 7:21  (For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec:)
Heb 7:22  By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.
Heb 7:23  And they truly were many priests, because they were not suffered to continue by reason of death:
Heb 7:24  But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.
Heb 7:25  Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.
Heb 7:26  For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens
;
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2011, 03:23:12 pm »

Is it just me, or is anyone else sickened when you hear in mainline Churchianity ciricles when they tell you how "Don't worry, it's God's will for you to get a good job where you can be a witness to others, and use your money", etc, etc.

Seriously - almost every day I'm ready articles of some kinds of record povertyness. Mainstream America may not realize this, but parts of this country has been hit by some pretty bad povertyness. And it's not just now, it's been for at least the last couple of years ago - you have families going from motel to motel trying to survive. There's tent cities across the country. Majority of companies now aren't even hiring anymore, while some of them are downsizing. The job market for college grads is incredibly bad(ie-at college job fairs, it's nothing more than a show-and-tell now).

So pretty much it's as if the focus is on ONESELF in Churchianity, and pretty much no mercy toward the rest of Americans that are living in tent cities, going from motel to motel, having their unemployment benefits being run out and still can't find anything, etc. I mean you look at the up-to-date annual budgets for any typical church in your area, and it's in the near-7 figures(my uncle's Lutheran Church in Ohio was at $500K in MAY - unsurprisingly, the pastor preached a "what you can do for your community" gospel).

Pro 21:25  The desire of the slothful killeth him; for his hands refuse to labour.
Pro 21:26  He coveteth greedily all the day long: but the righteous giveth and spareth not

OK, look at this passage above - one(including myself) may look at verse 25(first one) and then just STOP right there saying, "Yeah, it means if we don't have 9-5 paying jobs, then we deserve our consequences". HOWEVER...look at the VERY NEXT verse...1) Verse 26 starts out with HE, which is OBVIOUSLY referring to the slothful described in the previous verse. So what does verse 26 talk about at the beginning? And linking it to the previous verse above?

Yeah, you got it! How can a lazy bum, who has the intention of coveting all these material things, just do NOTHING all day? You see where this is going? You would think he would be smart enough(or however you want to call it) to get his foot in somewhere to covet greedily? So yeah, in the NT, Jesus and the Apostles warn about coveteousness - so pretty much these people who covet filthy lucre(for example, the typical 501c3 Churchianity pastor) refuse to labour in the word of God, and therefore their slothfulness in labouring in the word of God will killeth them, as they will show their bad fruit.
Report Spam   Logged
B4Real

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2011, 05:50:29 pm »

Well, the workplace definitely is no place for a woman, especially if you have kids, but for men? i dunno it's getting harder to hope for a stay at home family, where mama AND dad teach and everyone helps farm, sell trades and depend on God. It makes me seriously annoyed when preachers say, God calls some firefighters, some nurses, some technicians, and some preachers. No you liberal, God calls every man to be a preacher in these last days and if they have skills in other things, fine. Right now He is begging for the young men to contend for the truth because you best believe 99% of the college preacher boys are out for the money or either are so ignorant of satan's devices they end up like every preacher around every church corner: "God loves you, now after church lets talk about that last tv show episode- blah blah blah". Like we need any more lukewarm churches! But that is what we are getting cuz no one will wake up. I know money is the root of all evil, that's why I believe College is evil. Because the only reason people go to college is to be succesful in this world, not get educated. Quote from Pensacola Christian College's vice president "Christians should outshine the world, they should be the best of their field." Side note: reprobate college. Educate yourself, there are enough elders to ask questions and books to read and Oh wait, and the Holy Spirit, we forgot about Him. Work is serving manna. Why spend all day working for a dollar bill then go out and buy a kitchen table. Why not spend all day building a kitchen table? Just an example, i guess.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2011, 03:24:24 am »

Nice post B4Real.

But I ask, what do you base you understanding on about women?

The reason I ask is that there is no difference between man and woman in the body of Christ, we are all one, so why is there a difference between man and woman in the "work place"? I'm not convinved there is a difference, spiritually speaking, and spiritually is how we are to look at things.

As for the rest fo your observations, I agree.

I think though you meant "mammon", not manna!  Wink "Ye cannot serve God and mammon".

And I agree. God does call us to preach the gospel, to do the work of an evangalist, making full proof of our ministry. Preaching isn't a job, it's what Christians do as a result of their faith. It is our "holy calling".

Some may say that Jesus called only the Apostles away from their worldly jobs, and it was only them that Jesus called to do the work of an evangalist, but I contend that Jesus calls ALL believers the same way, to do the same thing.

"Ye are bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men." 1 Corinthians 7:23 (KJB)

Jesus Himself says we are not of the world, so why would we be unequally yoked together with the world?

The hard part I believe people have with this though is that they fear the unknown. They have been told they must be a productive citizen, paying taxes, pursuing a career, building a college fund for their children and retirement, etc. and that is how most think. The thought of walking away from the cars, coffee makers, and iPhones and their jobs and not looking back I suspect terrifies many, and like the ones that Jesus called initially, they have all kinds of excuses to not "drop their nets" and go with Jesus.

As pointed out, it is common for churchianity to put pressure on people to be burdened with the world, and they do so through the "Romans 13" doctrine claiming that we are subject to authorities, governments, etc. They want everybody else burdened like they are. They point out the verse about if you don't work you don't eat, but that's a misuse of the verse, as it's spiritual, not carnal. The "work" is as scripture calls it, "working with our hands that thing which is good".

Taking care of your household is primary, and I agree, it has changed, as far as what things around the house requires attention. So many things are manufactured now that people don't have to spend the time making chairs, and fixing roofs, and tending gardens and animals. They just go buy it at the store. But to do that, a person must participate in the worldly system, to earn the filthy lucre to pay for all those wordly items. God I believe does not answer prayers for a new iPod for xmas, or a pay raise at work! People are praying for the wrong things, and receive not...

"Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume [it] upon your lusts." James 4:3 (KJB)

In one of the letters, Paul says that they laboured night and day that they weren't chargeable to anyone.(2 Thessalonians 3:Cool. THAT labour was not making tents, though it says that Paul stayed with a couple for a time who were of the same craft; tentmakers. What they laboured at was the ministry of spreading the gospel.

We who are called, are called to work in the ministry, not in the world, and who are called? Everybody.

"Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity." 2 Timothy 2:19 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2011, 03:39:33 am »

No you liberal, God calls every man to be a preacher in these last days and if they have skills in other things, fine. Right now He is begging for the young men to contend for the truth

See there is no need for Joel Osteen to tell you how to preach!
Report Spam   Logged
B4Real

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2011, 05:46:05 pm »

But I ask, what do you base you understanding on about women?

The reason I ask is that there is no difference between man and woman in the body of Christ, we are all one, so why is there a difference between man and woman in the "work place"? I'm not convinved there is a difference, spiritually speaking, and spiritually is how we are to look at things.
[/i]

I'm not saying there is a difference between a man and woman in workplace, because there isn't supoosed to be a such thing as a woman in the workplace. "Women" and "workplace" cannot go together unless you believe in christian schools or daycares, etc. And married women without children still are supposed to be chaste keepers of the home. Unmarried women shouldn't be out there working where men can prey on them, but instead be preparing for their future home or dedicated their time to prayer and study of God's Word. I believe it's great to sell from home like Lydia, making things and selling them. This is how it is supposed to be if you have a christian father to support you until your godly husband does. Christian women were never in the workplace until around WWI and WWII. Then the public school system really expanded and women started cutting their hair off, promoting feminism, wearing pants, and using birth control. So women and workplace can't go together unless you are for one of the above.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: