End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 09:05:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

"...but if thou mayest be made free..."

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "...but if thou mayest be made free..."  (Read 6357 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2011, 06:13:19 pm »

I'm not saying there is a difference between a man and woman in workplace, because there isn't supoosed to be a such thing as a woman in the workplace. "Women" and "workplace" cannot go together unless you believe in christian schools or daycares, etc. And married women without children still are supposed to be chaste keepers of the home. Unmarried women shouldn't be out there working where men can prey on them, but instead be preparing for their future home or dedicated their time to prayer and study of God's Word. I believe it's great to sell from home like Lydia, making things and selling them. This is how it is supposed to be if you have a christian father to support you until your godly husband does. Christian women were never in the workplace until around WWI and WWII. Then the public school system really expanded and women started cutting their hair off, promoting feminism, wearing pants, and using birth control. So women and workplace can't go together unless you are for one of the above.

Yeah, I don't think people realize the true draconian agendas behind feminism - no, it wasn't some "grassroots" movement...the NWO minions were quietly implementing their eugenics program through this movement(ie-Planned Parenthood). And not to mention too the bankers/Federal Reserve wanted to tax the "other" half of the marriage(meaning that women in the workforce meant more tax money to help aid the crippling national debt figure caused by the Federal Reserve). I believe it was my mom who commented to me that since the early 80's, the majority of women who entered the workforece were mothers who had NO CHOICE but to do so to help supplement income in their families(ie-since the 80's when the nation's economy really took a turn for the worst, which has lasted until the present day, this was pretty much why).

Ultimately, all this has done(whether mothers were forced into work or there were career-minded mothers) with the intent of breaking up the family - now the public schools were bearing most of the responsibility in raising children. After-school hours when mothers were still at work, kids were put in the hands of daycare, where potential pedifle employees were working at(I throw this in here b/c of all the rising pedifilia going on). And b/c mothers were tired when they came home from work, they just didn't have time to cook good, decently-healthy foods, but instead had to throw in a little fast-food here, a little junk-food there(which has tons of poisons in them). AND with the rise of cable television, MTV, and other abominations on the tube, kids are exposing themselves to them without parental supervision.

Overall - it disturbs me over the lack of discernment I hear from people - for example, I hear some BLAMING black people for all this mess b/c supposedly, they're the ones trying to scheme the government into getting all the welfare money. Here are the FACTS - the welfare, etc programs are ONLY 1-2% or so of the entire federal budget. Yeah, anyone can scheme from the welfare program all they want, but it won't make one iota affect against the national debt. Like said above, it was all by design when the draconian Federal Reserve was created in 1913 which allowed printing paper money unlimitedlessly.

Personally, I'm a Gen-Xer, so I'm still shaking off the cobwebs I got brainwashed with over the many agendas that were crammed in our brains. It was in the 80's(when I was a kid) when I kept hearing over and over again over how couples cohabitating without marriage together was OK b/c "you have to try the shoe on first". To be frank, the more I heard it, the more I came to accept it. No, I never really thought it was great, but again, it became the "norm" in my generation. And there's the whole MTV nonsense that I grew to have no problems with as well.

As for this thread - yeah, after WW1/WW2 like you said B4Real, things have SLOWLY started to unfold. Now it's come to a point where if you speak up and say the truth b/c the bible SAYS SO, you're branded as something. For example, if you said the truth about women in the workforce like you were saying, you will be BRANDED. I mean we're in a day and age where homes don't even have bibles in them anymore. Over 10 years ago, at least there were bibles in homes(albeit VERY dusted ones).
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2011, 12:26:00 am »

I'm not saying there is a difference between a man and woman in workplace, because there isn't supoosed to be a such thing as a woman in the workplace. "Women" and "workplace" cannot go together unless you believe in christian schools or daycares, etc. And married women without children still are supposed to be chaste keepers of the home. Unmarried women shouldn't be out there working where men can prey on them, but instead be preparing for their future home or dedicated their time to prayer and study of God's Word. I believe it's great to sell from home like Lydia, making things and selling them. This is how it is supposed to be if you have a christian father to support you until your godly husband does. Christian women were never in the workplace until around WWI and WWII. Then the public school system really expanded and women started cutting their hair off, promoting feminism, wearing pants, and using birth control. So women and workplace can't go together unless you are for one of the above.

Hmm, okay, thanks for the reply. So that's an opinion, but what is the scriptural basis? What verses tell you these things?
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2011, 05:34:40 pm »

"Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel." 1 Corinthians 9:14 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2011, 06:04:16 pm »

Thought I would add something here too - when you guys, including myself, did studies in secular schools, were there times when your brains felt like they were GOING MAD when there were times the studying really had to be cranked up? Remember when Solomon said in Ecclesiastes over getting madness when exposing yourself to folly, no matter how much Godly wisdom you have. And then when it comes to come into the (secular)workforce, it just gets worse. You're exposing yourself to alot more of this worldly stuff(now in our present day, a growing number of workforces are helping the globalist system implement the MOB, whether they're aware of it or not), but it also doesn't help too you're surrounded by people of other faiths that you have to interact with alot.

At my dad's work, for example, one of the people he has to interact with from time to time is a Mormon. It was one Sunday a few weeks ago when we were eating in the cafeteria, he and his daughter came to join us to eat. Was friendly to him, but when it came to a point where he said he was a Mormon(coming back from his LDS church), and started getting into it a bit, I ended up just quietly leaving the table and watched a few minutes of the football game in the back. And then when we crossed paths with him again last Sun, I just couldn't get myself to shake his hand(especially on the Lord's day), but quietly stepped out the exit when my mom and dad were greeting him.

Anyhow, didn't mean to throw the 2nd paragraph in, but as you can see...yes, I understand we're lambs among wolves, and are IN the world - but shouldn't there at least be some balance, and a line where we should know not to cross? Anyways, as for the 1st paragraph, shouldn't we be DOERS of the word, and NOT ONLY hearers? When we are really entrenched in the pigpen like this(working these really career-minded jobs, going to secular schools, et al), won't it keep us from being doers of the word?

I tell you - there's been a BIG war against fundamentalism(Christianity, that is). No, it's not just the "of this world" that is warring against it, it's also modern day Churchianity. Seriously, whenever I try to tell them what scripture says and it's interpreted that way b/c scripture SAYS so, they're like "But you're just trying to twist it", etc, etc.
Report Spam   Logged
B4Real

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2011, 08:39:46 pm »

um what scripture do you need? "bear children" "be keepers of the home?" i mean it doesn't say "bear children and send them off to be educated by the world why you have a career outside of home" The virtuous woman was there for her family sunrise to sunset. Nothing should separate you from your children, because it does, it is Satan. The family is #1 first thing Satan is trying to destroy and career minded women are right on his agenda. Paul said care for the orphans. i call every child in school an orphan from 8-3 or whatever because their parent have dropped them off. Yea, im talking about christian school too. No one wants the job of teaching a child. Hand if off to someone else. Orphans is all they are.

Born Again2- yeah that's why i dropped out of secular college as a junior and went to christian college, but i found out i went just about mad there too, lol.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2011, 02:29:40 am »

Yeah, college was frustrating at times, but I knew if I wanted to graduate, I had to deal with it. My professors weren't too bad, and the only one I even came close to challenging was my psychology/biology professor, a psych doctor from Ukraine. While she was a very nice person and by worldly standards very educated, I just couldn't buy her pscho babble though. I knew full well the class was as subjective as it gets, so I tended to push the topic a bit at times, just to make sure she was on her toes.

I mainly just focused on the course work, got my 3.37 gpa, and moved on. I did manage, I wasn't being very Christian then, to win a poker tourney while in school. Their "first annual". There was just over 30 in the game, and somehow I managed to beat them all. Won a fancy 1st Place certificate! What can I say, it was a geek school with a bunch of nerds. Many of them were so smart they thought they could play poker!

Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2011, 02:40:33 am »

um what scripture do you need? "bear children" "be keepers of the home?" i mean it doesn't say "bear children and send them off to be educated by the world why you have a career outside of home" The virtuous woman was there for her family sunrise to sunset. Nothing should separate you from your children, because it does, it is Satan. The family is #1 first thing Satan is trying to destroy and career minded women are right on his agenda. Paul said care for the orphans. i call every child in school an orphan from 8-3 or whatever because their parent have dropped them off. Yea, im talking about christian school too. No one wants the job of teaching a child. Hand if off to someone else. Orphans is all they are.

Born Again2- yeah that's why i dropped out of secular college as a junior and went to christian college, but i found out i went just about mad there too, lol.

Well, any scripture the Spirit may have showed you to give you that impression. Personally, I don't see the scriptures as being that clear cut. However, I do lean towards what you say, that women really should be at home, but that's in the Lord. My wife, she's not Christian, and just doesn't see things the same way I do. She's a Medical Assistant and is serious about her career. She definately would need God to change her heart.

While we get an opinion from scripture, we really need to know what scriptures is the basis for our understanding. To just say women should be at home and pregnant will cause you some serious issues with women!

And I do believe that children should be taught at home, and not in some secular/"church" school. Some parents say they don't have time or skills, but that is no excuse. They just refuse to do what the parents should be doing.

"Train up a child in the way he should go..."

3   The aged women likewise, that [they be] in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; 
4   That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, 
5   [To be] discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed. 
Titus 2:3-5 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2011, 07:15:08 pm »

Someone commented to me recently that God will find me a job soon, and I commented to him the sinking current economy where we're in our worst shape in decades, and his response was, "But God can work a miracle!".

Seriously, it's not like it's BAD per se, but here's the REALITY - it's not so much that companies just can't afford to hire anymore and are downsizing, but it's come to a point where the % of those collecting unemployment benefits have gone DOWN(as they've run out, can't find a place to continue them, and can't find other employment).

Yeah, it's REALLY this bad - no, we shouldn't fear as we should be putting our sole trust in the Lord, but at the same time we need to be WATCHING, and for that matter PRAYING for these people that are in dire needs without unemployment benefits now. Ultimately, it's as if the current state of Churchianity is pretty cold, me-me hearted. And frankly, I'm finding it disgusting.

You have the sitution in the eurozone, Greece, and Italy pretty much on its last legs now(it's only a matter of WHEN NOT if they will crash), but en yet, it seems like alot of people are pretty apathetic toward this.

We shouldn't fear when the global economy collapses(hence the dollar becoming worthless, chaos in the streets, etc), however, when it does, Churchianity is going to be in for a big shocker. Who knows where these hireling pastors will go once chaos hits.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2011, 08:29:28 pm »

Don't mean to call you out again on here, Kilika, but today, you mentioned in another thread over your experiences working at a gaming company years ago, which I found interesting, and which reminded me of this...

Personally, I'm a licensed CPA(although unemployed at the moment), however, when one thinks about it for a second...isn't it unconstitutional for individual's private property(their personal income) being taxed? Somehow, the IRS has completely gotten away with this, and NOONE has been able to win in court against them(ie-those tried for not paying taxes, and point it out in the constitition), although the lawyers represented the IRS just were never able to explain why it's not in the constitition.

For the record, no, I'm not saying Accountants who are saved will go to Hell b/c of this, nor am I trying to imply to not pay your taxes b/c of this(Jesus DID say to give unto Caesar what is Caesar's). However, if I was working in a Public Accounting Firm now, wouldn't I be aiding the IRS(when filing income taxes for others) in this thievery, and hence partaking in their sins?

And b/c we're heading into the xmas season now - look at all these private businesses that are taking advantage of this big opportunity every year over this pagan holiday celebration. Personally, I am thankful I don't own a business in a shopping mall(where floods come at this time every year). And then add on all the stress that comes with it(many, many customers, many more hours in coming up with new competitive marketing ideas, etc, etc), which is ultimately getting one away from the word of God.

Again, no, please don't think I'm trying to imply we just shouldn't work any job and be a bum on the street - but we have to be wise as serpents, and very discerning in these times we are living in. Satan will try to do everything to get you away from the word of God. We're going to have to be very careful and avoid the pitfalls, and follow the Spirit.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2011, 03:54:03 am »

Unconstitutional really isn't a concern for believers when you think about it. We know already the whole world lies in wickedness, right? So we expect it to do evil things, unconstitutional things. It's the world!

And what is the root of all evil? The love of money.

So it's the love of money that drives the unbelieving world, so they look for all kinds of ways to make more money. It's what drives them, and they will do whatever it takes to get more money.

As for the Constitution and personal income taxes, some have won in court against the IRS, but there are few of them. One of them is a former tax enforcer named Bannister. Look him up. He's gotten under the skin of the IRS more than once.

Joe Bannister's site...
http://freedomabovefortune.com/

From what I understand, and there is several at PPF that are much better versed on this, but they generally say it's an issue with taxing a person's physical effort that can't be done. I forget the legal aspect. And they also say that the income tax was temporary, and was never made official. And they also claim the 16th Amendment wasn't ratified properly or something.

As a CPA, it might serve you well to get educated on the whole income tax issue. Read up on the cases that won, and lost. What you'll see is the cases that were lost, how they lost. Most of them argued the wrong argument in court, thus they lost. Add to that the feds always game the courts, and the judges have a habit of not allowing evidence in cases, effectively handcuffing the defendents.

Here's another person who beat the IRS, a very interesting case to see how the feds tried to game the court case.

Tom Cryer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Cryer

One must really pay attention though to what each case is alleging. Some lose because tehy were technically guilty of something that is indirectly related to taxes. Not all cases are what they appear to be in reality. Many times the case isn't about not paying their taxes, but not reporting income, thus not paying tax on that income.

Both the Bannister and Cryer cases are good examples of cases that get right to the question of the legality of income taxes. From what I remember, both times the IRS was requested to prove their assertions that income tax was not voluntary or something. They never did produce the evidence, so they lost the cases I think.

There was a case also of a man who was paying his employees with gold coins, Texas I think, and thus not taxing it. He ended up winning his case somehow too.

All of these wins the mainstream doesn't like discussing, and the feds surely don't, so they aren't right out in the open for people to run across. You kind of got to know already what your looking for.

So yea, pay attention to what the IRS is actually charging a person with. An IRS win isn't always what it seems too, but of course the feds always crow about a win regardless.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2011, 12:25:18 pm »

For those of you here that went through the college education system...were there times when hours of study on this secular curriculum just made you stark-raving-mad?

I was back in school(plus studying for an exam) for over the last year or so, and yes, I found myself getting in this mental state of mind.

Pt being that even though we need to put our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and let him guide us through by his word, when you nonetheless yoke yourself up with something secular by putting alot of time studying worldly materials, don't you still find yourself going mad inside? Yeah, thoughts would just pop up in my head that I would DARE never to think about when I'm not studying this secular material. It's as if it's brought me back into bondage.

Seriously, the time is drawing near, and you're going to have to make a choice whom ye will serve...either our Lord Jesus Christ who gives us the free gift of the Holy Spirit and eternal life if we believe on his name, or the wide path of the world which leads to destruction and ultimately eternal hell-fire. All the education system does is distract your minds from the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2012, 10:37:36 am »

By any chance, has anyone see that late 70's movie "Kramer vs. Kramer"?(with Dustin Hoffman and Meryl Streep) The movie centered around divorce(and conditioned the viewers to accept it ultimately).

However, there was another angle of the story that viewers seemed not to look at closely, although the subliminal messages of it probably got into everyone's heads - Hoffman played a career minded husband who was working his way up the ladder, and was ignoring his family by coming home really late at night(at the beginning of the movie, it showed a scene of him and his boss just laughing everything off and not really working at that late at night).

This was what pretty much lead to his wife leaving him quietly and unexpectedly(when he got home that night, he saw a note from his wife that she was fed up with what he was doing, and then left).

As the movie went along, Hoffman ended up having double responsibilities - his many hours a day work job and taking care of his 5 year old son. It got to the point where he had trouble handling both, that his boss had no choice but to fire him. And for that matter too it became incredibly tough for his son not having one parent around, and another parent giving him nothing more than the minimum amount of care(plus getting trouble in school to eating junk dinners to getting into an accident at the playground, etc).

Overall, deceptions galore throughout the movie - they painted Streep's character as one who was suffering from some kind of mental illness, and Hoffman's character was painted in a sympathetic light. It's as if you can feel the filmmaker's Hegelian Dialect approach to where at the end of the movie, you're like, "Maybe divorce isn't so bad after all..."(ie-Hoffman ended up getting main parental rights to the child, while Streep ended up giving in and "accepting her wrongs").

Ultimately, yeah, this movie was yet another conditioning to the masses to accept that these "career-minded" jobs are THE way to go(ie-also goes to show the rotten fruit of these "career-minded" businesses where they show no mercy when their employees have family problems like these). These movies can really be very subtle - the plots may be about one thing, but en yet they end up promoting messages about another very subtlely.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2012, 05:51:24 pm »

27   Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed. 
28   Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? 
29   Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent. 
John 6:27-29 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2012, 10:37:24 am »

Bryan Denlinger preached a sermon about this very same subject this week - he said that he did so b/c someone requested to him, by any chance, was it anyone here that did so?

Anyhow, he did say "if ye can't work, ye can't eat" means literally just that(don't have a job, you can't eat). However, toward the end he made a good point how as Christians, we DO need to rest, and pointed out how Christian ministries would run themselves into the ground b/c they have this perception that they have to work and work and work constantly to get the gospel out, and ultimately burn themselves out.(the early chapters of Hebrews stresses this)

Again, like I said in another thread, I don't want to give away spoilers from his sermon so you can listen to it, but I have one question - when Paul was an Apostle, did he work another profession? Bryan pointed out the passages where Paul talked about how he laboured being that he himself worked another profession. However, whenever I read those passages, it seems like Paul was talking about labouring in the GOSPEL(preaching it, living by it, etc). Which was the case?
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2012, 04:53:16 pm »

Again, like I said in another thread, I don't want to give away spoilers from his sermon so you can listen to it, but I have one question - when Paul was an Apostle, did he work another profession? Bryan pointed out the passages where Paul talked about how he laboured being that he himself worked another profession. However, whenever I read those passages, it seems like Paul was talking about labouring in the GOSPEL(preaching it, living by it, etc). Which was the case?

Okay, so this is why I asked if his sermon was in text yet, because i want to reply to it. Much easier and I think more in order to reply in text. This way both sides are readable. Anyway...(no, I did not contact him or request anything)

I have the same impression from reading those verses too BA. All a person has to do is a word search on work in the New Testament. The verses are clearly, to me, talking about the work of an evangalist, spreading the gospel. THAT is the work I believe scripture calls us all to do.

And if a person wants to say, just like they did in scripture, that if they don't have a job, what are they to do about food and clothing, etc, all I say is look at what Jesus told them.

Now, some say that was only directed at the disciples then, which in part is what Brian Denlinger does. I disagree. That text is for us too, BUT, what Brian didn't talk about was the difference between looking on the outward appearence, being carnal, versus being spiritual, and understanding the gospel spiritually, so as a result he's interpretating the verses carnally, literally. "God is a spirit..."

Jesus tells us to follow Him. Jesus didn't hold a job! He preached the gospel to His last breadth in the flesh. Thank you Jesus!

Brian also didn't address, I don't think, though I didn't listen to but 3/4 of it, the verses where it talks about...

17   But as God hath distributed to every man, as the Lord hath called every one, so let him walk. And so ordain I in all churches. 
18   Is any man called being circumcised? let him not become uncircumcised. Is any called in uncircumcision? let him not be circumcised. 
19   Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God. 
20   Let every man abide in the same calling wherein he was called. 
21   Art thou called [being] a servant? care not for it: but if thou mayest be made free, use [it] rather. 
22   For he that is called in the Lord, [being] a servant, is the Lord's freeman: likewise also he that is called, [being] free, is Christ's servant. 
23   Ye are bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men. 
24   Brethren, let every man, wherein he is called, therein abide with God. 
1 Corinthians 7:17-24 (KJB)

What is that it says? "If thou mayest be made free, use it rather"? Really? That seems to discount Brian's position. "Use" is far from "required".

This is addressing those who come to this knowledge in scripture when they happen to be a servant, in effect, when they are employed. Some parts obviously don't apply as they are already a servant when they learn of the doctrine, so what do they do?

Scripture tells us they can either be content and work as to the Lord, not with eyeservice, OR they can leave the job and do the work of an evangalist, which is what we are ALL called to do. But nowhere do I see scripture telling us to enter bondage and servatude, to anybody but Jesus Christ, and with Christ, we are free, not in bondage, because we "walk by faith, and not by sight".

What people are overlooking is this; who said they must have a car, a mortgage, a bank account, schools, cell phones, cable tv, braces on the teeth, etc? Who said that? MAN. Not God.

What part do they not understand about this...

"So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple." Luke 14:33 (KJB)

Paul is mentioned dwelling with tentmakers, because it says they were of the same craft...

1   After these things Paul departed from Athens, and came to Corinth; 
2   And found a certain Jew named Aquila, born in Pontus, lately come from Italy, with his wife Priscilla; (because that Claudius had commanded all Jews to depart from Rome:) and came unto them. 
3   And because he was of the same craft, he abode with them, and wrought: for by their occupation they were tentmakers. 
4   And he reasoned in the synagogue every sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks. 
5   And when Silas and Timotheus were come from Macedonia, Paul was pressed in the spirit, and testified to the Jews [that] Jesus [was] Christ. 
6   And when they opposed themselves, and blasphemed, he shook [his] raiment, and said unto them, Your blood [be] upon your own heads; I [am] clean: from henceforth I will go unto the Gentiles. 
7   And he departed thence, and entered into a certain [man's] house, named Justus, [one] that worshipped God, whose house joined hard to the synagogue.
Acts 18:1-7 (KJB)

Now what people need to do is pay attention to what Paul does. It does say they were of the same crafy, and that is the reason given for him staying with them. What it was is that the couple are tentmakers, and since Paul knew tentmaking, he stayed with them and helped them with their work. But later we see Paul leaves over a dispute. So did Paul quit his job? Nope, I don't think so. I believe he was simply helping a brother and sister in his journey, who happen to be tentmakers. But he moved on. Outside of this mention, I don't any other reference to Paul working a job of any type once a disciple, other than the work of the ministry.

The real work that if you don't do, you won't eat, is following the Word. Literally taking in the Bread of Life. Our daily bread. THAT is what we eat and drink and are clothed with; the Word of God.

While a person is "in the world", yes, they must do something to survive in that world because they are living by the law then, and not faith. Just look to the Old Testament for guidelines how to be a servant to another man.

Personally I believe "the just shall live by faith"...

"But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry." 2 Timothy 4:5 (KJB)

So is Brian going to say that verse is only Paul talking to Timothy, but doesn't apply to the rest of us? To be consistant, it seems as though that is what he would have to say.

25   But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth [therein], he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed. 
26   If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion [is] vain. 
27   Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, [and] to keep himself unspotted from the world. 
James 1:25-27 (KJB)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 04:57:36 pm by Kilika » Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2012, 05:10:08 pm »

Good point - in alot of Bryan's previous sermons, sometimes he ends up downplaying the first 4 NT gospels(Matthew - John) b/c he thinks Jesus was talking to the Jews(and their customs) in alot of those passages, which was before his death and resurrection. Alot of what he says comes off as sound, however, if I have to nitpick Bryan, it's that sometimes he can downplay just a tad bit those first 4 gospels(b/c he thinks they mostly talk about what went on BEFORE Jesus's death and resurrection, and therefore are talking to a different audience, the Jews).

Personally, I don't agree with this b/c if that's the case, then why not just throw these 4 gospels out completely, along with most of the OT as well?

Anyhow, yeah, that's what I was thinking as well - no, it's not like we have to just sit around and do nothing(yes, I myself am unemployed, largely due to the horrendous job market), but nonetheless the bible is there for us to have a relationship with Jesus Christ through his word. It's not like it's some New Age "life principles" book like Churchianity ends up interpreting it as.

If anyone else has thoughts on Bryan's sermon, please post it here. And also want to thank everyone for taking the time out to listen to this(when I requested it on another thread).
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2012, 10:07:40 pm »

Thought I would share something else here - it was in the Fall of '09 when I sent in my resume to a job recruiting company, and it was one of those "first come, first served" kind of things(ie-where you really have to see the job postings as early as possible, and not wait any longer). And I was fortunate enough to get a call from one of the recruiters, and it really looked like they were going to offer me the Accountant position...UNTIL out of the blue, my cell phone just hung up, and had no idea how(didn't press any buttons). I tried to call back to that recruiter immediately, but could not reach her. The next day when I called back, the gentleman said it was given to someone else.

As mad as I was then...as time went on...I realized that it wasn't in the Lord's will. To be honest, if I had taken it...1) My old parents were in the process of cleaning up our house we lived in b/c the renters moved out, and it looked like we were going to sell it, and they really needed my help(as well as others), and 2) Even though I got started in the KJV for only weeks, there were alot of things I didn't understand, especially some of the basics, and if let's say I ended up getting that job, I might have gotten too busy and ended up abandoning what the Lord put in front of me(the TRUE Word of God KJV).

I'm glad this thread was made, it's been a great discussion thus far - to be honest, as much as I should be employed, I am very thankful that during these 2.5 years since the Lord put the KJV in front of me, he's continued to have me in this true word, growing in his grace every day. That "accident hang up" was NO coincidence, the Lord didn't want me there.

Just thought I would share this with everyone, to add to the discussion to this thread - for the most part, Paul in 2nd The 2 talks about the "falling away" in the end times. It's quite obvious that it's talking about modern day Churchianity - rarely are there any "church buildings" out there that are preaching sound doctrine. Maybe that's while they've falsely interpreted "if ye don't work, ye can't work" very badly, quite simply, they have hit everyone with guilt to support their massive overhead budgets(or just merely big ones). What if they preach to their pews that this verse is SPIRITUAL in meaning, meaning do the work of an evangelist? Then obviously, the pews will see the truth, they will no longer find the need to come to church buildings as they see the pastor isn't going out to the lost, and it would be better for them if they themselves do it without the help of a "church building", and then obviously their offering plates will get emptier...

Yeah, "church" isn't the same as it was over 100 years ago, it seems - you go inside a building, the smiles you see are nothing more than watching "Smiley Joel Osteen"(really, they look fake), you have pew members and deacons that dislike other members of the church, the pastor's sermon is without meat but very dry instead, and then afterward everyone goes home to resume whatever entertainment they want.

Anyhow, anyone that's reading this thread, if you're unemployed and can't find anything, please do NOT get down - if that "ye don't work, ye can't eat" passage REALLY did have a CARNAL meaning, then honestly the Lord would have put you in whatever job a long time ago. But instead, like with my experiences over the last 2.5 years - wanted me to get into his word and grow in his grace. Not saying we should not work and be bums on the street, but in all reality, like 95%+ of job places nowdays don't even allow anyone to mention Jesus's name.

Here's a passage Churchianity seems to completely ignore-

Mat 16:24  Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
Mat 16:25  For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
Mat 16:26  For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
Mat 16:27  For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.
Mat 16:28  Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2012, 05:57:34 pm »

Something just occured to me when I was reading the 2nd chapter of Judges a minute ago...

Pretty much throughout the book of Judges, whenever the land of Israel turned their backs on God and served other gods of Cannaanites et al, wasn't that when God brought down his wrath?

Pt being that when we work at these secular, career-minded business, institutions, et al, wouldn't we be technically serving other pagan gods? The gods of money, prestige, pride, etc? Didn't Jesus say you can't serve 2 masters, God and mammon, otherwise you will hold to the one and hate the other?

No, for everyone that has a full time job that's reading this, please don't think I'm attacking you personally or anything, but just fwiw, when you think about how the big majority of today's businesses and institutions are like this...Again, like we said earlier, the workforce that has been in place here over the last 50-60 years is NOT the same as was pre-WW2.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2012, 08:04:24 pm »

I only gleamed through this(for now), however, just from the glance at it, it seems to make good points. Could anyone else look at this and tell me your thoughts?

http://www.silverstockreport.com/email/commandments.html

Paper Money Violates All Ten Commandments
Silver Stock Report
by Jason Hommel, July 2,2006

This page can be read online at:
silverstockreport.com/email/commandments.html

1.  Paper money debt enslaves you to something other than God.
2.  Valuing paper money is an act of idolatry.
3.  "In God we trust" takes the Lord's name in vain.
4.  The sabbath debt forgiveness times are ignored.
5.  Lack of honest standards dishonors our parents.
6.  Paper money has funded mass murder; two world wars.
7.  Lenders, usurers, are committing spiritual adultery.
8.  Paper money and banking is institutionalized theft.
9.  Paper money requires a mountain of false testimony.
10.  Paper money is supported by greed and covetousness.

Explanations for each of the 10 in link above
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2012, 01:34:01 am »

Just one little hitch...we are no longer under the 10 commandments or the 600+ other commandments, so #4 is definately irrelevant.

Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2012, 02:39:00 am »

Paper money can buy a Large Print Leather English Authorized King James Bible for a lost soul!

Possible investment return 1day-99years. Interest if willing to read the print and conditions. This investment will last an eternal life time!

The Original Ten Commandments were written by God on stone. The make much more sense. Paper money at the time - useless.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2012, 08:36:25 am »

Also, another thing...

Speaking of "but uf thou mayest be made free", shouldn't there be at least some rest for Christians? I agree we need to preach the word and be instant in season, however, shouldn't there be some time of rest?

One reason why I bring this up is b/c while I agree we need to have some scripture memorized, it's not like we have to memorize the whole bible or anything(ie-1 verse per week, or even per month is suffice). For example, in my mom's women's bible study class, they're doing a Beth Moore studies, and Moore says they need to memorize the ENTIRE book of James.

Personally, James is on the top of my list in the NT(outside of the first 4 gospels), however, isn't this asking a BIT too much to memorize every little word of an entire book? We sure wouldn't be "free" if God required us to do so. Why not just merely read verses in it every time we don't feel well? That's good enough for me!

No, don't want to get into a Beth Moore discussion here, but just to say briefly - no, I don't think Moore is a NWO-wolf plant, HOWEVER, I do think there was a time she bore good fruit, until she slowly allowed herself to be put up on a pedestial by the dark forces, and ultimately got deceived by alot of false teachings out there.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2012, 03:15:40 pm »

I think those are excellent points BA. That to me is "think on these things". THese are the things I believe God wants us to dwell on, what God wants us to and how to think, and how to act. All of this "thinking" to me is talking to God. We in our thoughts are looking to God, praying to God, having a conversation with our God, and it is the Spirit within us that makes intercesion with "groanings which cannot be uttered" to God for us while we are in the flesh...

"Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered." Romans 8:26 (KJB)

Yet again, we see that it is God that does the work for us. Thank you Jesus.

We can't even pray correctly that God can understand, so He gave us His Spirit to do for it for us. Once we put on "incorruption" and we are changed, then we will be perfected, and no longer have the need for the Spirit to make intercession for us, as we will be like He is.

I personally believe that the Spirit in us, being born-again, is our rest. It is finished. The victory is Jesus' already. That said, we do have that time when evil is put down once and for all, then we will have that final peace and rest for eternity. So, spiritually, yes, we have a rest, but carnally, in the flesh? I don't believe there is a "day of rest" as in observing the levitical sabbath. But then scripture says that each of us must be fully persuaded in our own minds what we observe in that respect. So I see that we have a liberty in Christ, to observe a day out of the week as rest if we choose, but what do you do when your neighbor compells you to go? Would you not be compelled to go with them twain, even though it is your chosen day of rest? This is where the council leads us to "take no thought...", as far as a day of rest goes.

Besides, our Lord tells us that He will not burden us with anything more than we are able to handle. Thank you Jesus.

"Let not your heart be troubled..."
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 03:19:36 pm by Kilika » Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2012, 05:23:12 pm »

1   Hear ye the word which the LORD speaketh unto you, O house of Israel: 
2   Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them. 
3   For the customs of the people [are] vain: for [one] cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe. 
4   They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not. 
5   They [are] upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also [is it] in them to do good.
Jeremiah 10:1-5 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2012, 06:45:42 pm »

^^^

Whenever I read that passage, I think of the pagan xmas customs the RCC deceived the world(and church) with.

However, at the same time, doesn't anyone think about the modern day CHURCH BUILDING being built all over the place today in regards to this passage? As we've discussed here, the church is merely the local body of believers going out to preach to the lost, and NOT these "church buildings" paved with parking spaces et al.

*sigh* it's as if the modern day church has shamelessly buddied with the heathen - no wonder why there's so much doctrines of bondage in it.(ie-one person commented to me how a pastor in the metroplex "built his big church with his OWN hands")

With his OWN hands? Hhhhmmm...this person definitely should read this Jeremiah passage above.

It's as if the main focus for a Christian now is to go out, make money, so he or she can give at least 10% to the church(or even more if there's a surplus) so that money can go out to the missions et al, and all the blessings can come upon you.(b/c supposedly all that money went out ended up witnessing alot of people to Christ)
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2012, 09:15:04 pm »

http://russkellyphd.blogspot.com/2010/05/tithing-and-justification-by-faith.html

Tithing and Justification by Faith
There is a connection between the doctrine of justification by faith and tithing.

True biblical holy tithes were always only food (Mal 3:10-11) from inside God’s holy land of Israel which God Himself had miraculously increased. Tithes could not come from what man increased or from outside Israel. Not even Jesus, Peter and Paul qualified as tithers.

Imputed righteousness is all of Christ and none of us. It is called justification by faith. Dikaiosunee is the Greek word for both righteousness and justification. If the tithe came from what man’s skill and hands produced, then man could always remind God that HE had produced the tithe and God owed him a blessing.

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2012, 10:50:45 am »

I just saw this article on Yahoo-

http://education.yahoo.net/articles/careers_for_shy_people_2.htm?kid=1KWO3

Not only do they list the top 5 jobs (supposedly)for "shy" people, but they list the average salaries for them as well. Just from my experiences, an Accountant does NOT average $68,000, according to the US Labor Dpt(at least not the fresh-out-of-college entry level types). For the most part, if you're an Accountant, you should be thrilled to start out $30K-$40K. And for that matter too, an Actuary doesn't average nearly $100K.

Sometimes, it amazes me how people(and the government for that matter) lie through their teeth. When a young college student(or a young adult for that matter) starts reading these articles, they're only going to get puffed up with alot of pseudo-hope.

And for that matter too, an Accountant's job requires alot of interaction with people(whether you're in Public Accounting or in Industry). So you might as well scratch this off of the "shy" list. And to throw this out there too - 99% of jobs out there require interaction with people.(seriously, this is just stupid saying there's jobs for "shy people")

Doesn't witnessing the gospel require interaction with people as well? Didn't Jesus say if you deny him before men, then he'll deny you at his coming before the angels in heaven? Just saying...
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2012, 09:21:29 pm »

Thought I would post this article here I found on yahoo(posted this in another forum here)...

Everything this article says pretty much sums it all what's been going on in very recent years - I don't know if these people are Christians, but nonetheless it's not like they're lazy bums living lives off begging on the streets. Looks like they seem to be hard-working individuals who are now going through some really tough times.

Yeah, sometimes, when we examine scripture, we really need the Holy Spirit to guide us and let scripture interpret scripture line by line, precept upon precept. Yes, truth can offend, but truth being misinterpreted can really hurt our witness toward lost souls in this world...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/goodbye--middle-class.html

Goodbye, Middle Class

Fri, Feb 3, 2012 1:28 PM EST

Nearly one in two Americans is now living on the lower end of the income scale, according to the Census Bureau. For a family of four that's less than $45,000 a year. These are three families who are falling out of the middle class.

One bedroom for a family of five

Previous pay: $110,000
Current pay: None
Where they live: Staying as guests in a friend's home

Talia Mobley and her husband Adam have been out of work for more than two years. Adam was a lead technician for Comcast and says, "I had it made." Talia worked in customer service.

Collectively, they have sent out 500 resumes but have not gotten one job offer.

Talia went back to school to retrain as a Certified Medical Assistant because she heard health care is where the jobs are. But she still hasn't been able to find work.

Fifty percent of the unemployed in New Jersey have been out of work for more than six months, and it's a similar story in Florida, Illinois and Nevada, according to the Brookings Institute.

From six figures to the poverty line

Previous pay: $130,000
Current pay: $15,000
Where they live: Their foreclosed home, awaiting eviction

This family of 5 represents what it can look like when the bottom falls out of the middle class.

They live in Morris County, N.J., where the median household income is $91,403.

Unwilling to show their faces, they still wanted to share their story. The father used to make over $100,000. But then his 6-figure, telecom job of 20 years went to India.

They haven't paid their mortgage since 2009 and wake up each morning wondering if today will be the day they are evicted.

Not living in poverty but not making it

Previous pay: $40,000 to $50,000
Current pay: $12/hour
Where they live: Family shelter

A mother and her three children in Bergen County, N.J., now call a shelter home. Too ashamed to show their faces, the mother says, "I never thought in a million years I'd be at this point."

But when she lost her customer service job, she could no longer pay the rent in a county where the median household income is $77,000.

The manager of the shelter sees more and more families like this -- stuck in the middle. Not living in poverty but not making it either.

Since we first met her, the mother has been re-hired by her previous employer working in customer service, but only part time.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2012, 10:13:43 pm »

FYI, this is on page 28 of Fritz Springmeyer's book "Be Wise as Serpents"(PDFs found online)...

AMERICA'S MINDLESS FASCINATIONS

The conspiracy has succeeded in turning people from watching reality to a mindless fascination for a comic strip-video game-sitcom life of unreality. You are to do your job for the system, then go home and not think; or if you want to think, tune into one of their talk shows or read one of their newspapers. Perhaps no one has ever shown you the names of who exactly controls big business and the media. The power in this nation is controlled by an elite. That can be documented. And it can be shown what they intend for us.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting...no, I don't think Springmeyer was implying that working in this country is bad, per se, but nonetheless it popped up in my head how it seems like a big growing % of work forces(both public and private) are playing right into the hands "of the system".

BTW - don't be surprised if the antichrist says "if you don't work, you can't eat" as part of trying to convince the world to take the mark.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2012, 08:31:39 am »

A couple of things...

1) From my experiences as an Accountant, it seems like the anxieties with tax returns are highest among churchgoers, why? Obviously, with all the money they put in the offering plates, they're the ones expecting the biggest tax refunds. It's not very often when I crossed paths with a non-churchgoer that would give alot of money, let's say, to the Red Cross.

Yeah, as believers in the Son of God, we are MADE FREE, but offering plates and the 501c3 status that comes with it has really brought in alot of baggage, as you can see. It seemed like the non-churchgoers who ended up owing to the IRS seemed to be in care-free moods, just as long as their returns got out by April 15th.

2) Are there many places of employment nowdays where you can share your faith to others? Not saying there isn't but nonetheless it seems like the more you're forced to zip your lips, the more you start to develop of subconscious attitude of denying Christ.

Personally, in the place of employment I worked in 4 years ago, it wasn't Christian, however, a week before I got layed off, I was in the lunchroom with everyone else on a Friday, and all of a sudden the conversation started turning into end times bible prophecy stuff(and they started asking me questions). It was rather odd, b/c like said, none of them were Christians, and the topic of end times just came out of the blue. It was a GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY to witness, but to be honest, I was just a mere "church goer" and wasn't grounded in the truth(nor aware of all the deceptions going on). Ultimately, always be ready to give an answer, b/c you never know when it'll just pop up out of nowhere.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: