End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 05:55:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Soul Sleep discussion

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Soul Sleep discussion  (Read 2568 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2011, 07:31:27 pm »

Soul Sleep Is A Lie. At least the title to this thread is correct. Cheesy

you need to be careful lest you lead one astray.
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Believer

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2011, 02:53:08 am »

currently? no, no one is in hell yet as judgment hasnt happened yet. hades is a special place and yes it will be tossed into the lake of fire. When did i say no one was ever in Abrahams Bosom? I said no one is there now.

If you were to die right now, your very next experience is either the rapture or judgment. no way around this, no matter how hard you try. you can call it what you will, but that is what will happen. Judgment or the rapture.   

What I meant, Mark, was I know you said no one is there now, but that insinuates that at some point someone was, and if so, who?  If any person, at any time, then wouldn't that mean that they hadn't slept? And if that is so, where are they now?  Did they die...go to Abraham's Bosom and then go back to sleep at some point?  I don't see that in scripture.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2011, 05:58:01 am »

What I meant, Mark, was I know you said no one is there now, but that insinuates that at some point someone was, and if so, who?  If any person, at any time, then wouldn't that mean that they hadn't slept? And if that is so, where are they now?  Did they die...go to Abraham's Bosom and then go back to sleep at some point?  I don't see that in scripture.

Abrahams bosom had people in it and still does on one side of the chasm. But after the Lords resurection those people are no longer there. Now, when people die they either go straight to Judgment or to the rapture. Now when Jesus returns, im not to sure what happens.

Before Jesus died you went to either one side of Abrahams bosom, after Jesus death, its either Rapture or Judgment, after the Lords return, not to sure on.

Now as for the other side of the chasm, it has many differnet names for the differnt comparments. either way, if you end up here than your bound for the HELL the lake of fire.
Report Spam   Logged

Believer

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2011, 01:09:40 pm »

Revelation 6:7-11
King James Version (KJV)
 7And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.

8And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

9And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

10And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

11And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

I would have to ask those who believe in soul sleep how the above scripture is so.  We could justify that these are either any and all martyrs throughout the history of the world, (as they await the deaths of their “fellow servants…to…be killed as they were), or they are the Tribulation saints who have been martyred; either way (as who they are is not what I am debating)…they are not asleep in the grave, but are in heaven with God. 

It is also not at the end of time for we know that a new heaven and earth will be made and God will dwell with men at that time, there will be no more death and therefore no one waiting for anyone else to be martyred.  This is in heaven, before Christ's return and these are those who have been martyred...not in the grave sleeping, they are instead crying out to the Lord about 'avenging their blood' on those who 'dwell upon the earth'.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 01:12:02 pm by Believer » Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2014, 12:51:55 pm »

That is also after the Rapture. The Lord already came and received his own to himself. These people are killed after the Rapture.

Jhn 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

As you can see in this verse, Jesus says he goes to prepare a place for us, and that he will come again first and receive us. He will come and get us, not us going up to him. But after the Rapture the Lord already came for his own, so these souls are killed after the Rapture. Not before.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: