End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 06:07:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Van Impe ministry abandons TBN in clash over Chrislam

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Van Impe ministry abandons TBN in clash over Chrislam  (Read 2331 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« on: June 16, 2011, 04:10:34 am »

Van Impe ministry abandons TBN in clash over Islam
Network turned back episode that challenged leaders over 'apostasy'

A Christian ministry's decision to expose as "false teachers" several celebrity ministers it believes are corrupting biblical teachings has prompted a rift, with Jack Van Impe Ministries dropping plans to work in the future with Trinity Broadcasting Network, where it has broadcast for more than two decades.

"I Will Not Be Silenced! I will not allow anyone to tell me what I can and cannot preach," Van Impe said in a statement when TBN would not allow his program to air.

"When I see heretical teaching leading to apostasy, I will speak out," he said. "The Bible says 'All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:' (II Timothy 3:16). The Apostle Paul also gives instructions in Titus 1:9-11, 13 'Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers. For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers … Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake…Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith.'"

Van Impe said he immediately called his media agents and told them, "I no longer wanted to air my program on Trinity Broadcasting Network; we will take the tremendous amount of money that we were spending there to obtain new stations that will allow us to continue to reach every square mile of America with the truths of the Bible without this network."

The dispute arose over the issue of advocating for "Chrislam" and other efforts that are designed to find "common ground" between Christians and Muslims. TBN declined to air one of Van Impe's programs that contained sharp criticisms of leaders such as Rick Warren of "The Purpose Driven Life" fame and Robert Schuller.

In a statement from Van Impe Ministries today, Executive Director Ken Vancil said his organization rejected an effort by TBN to reinstate the programming and would work to develop alternative broadcast outlets where they were needed.

"We would not be able to minister effectively if we had to look over our shoulder wondering if a program was going to be censored because of mentioning a name," Vancil said. "While there is hurt over this incident, we hold no animosity towards TBN. Dr. Van Impe has often expressed his appreciate to Paul and Jan (Crouch, of TBN) and all that they have accomplished."

But he confirmed that Paul Crouch Sr. "cautioned" him as recently as Monday "regarding Dr. Van Impe's naming of names and publicly rebuking ministers and their teachings."

The dispute erupted just last week, when Van Impe's ministry planned to air sharp criticism of Christians who say they want to "reach out" by incorporating beliefs or practices of Islam into their Christian organizations.

The program specifically mentioned Warren and Schuller, prompting TBN to prevent the broadcast.

"We received a call from Matt Crouch of TBN informing us that they would not run that program. … The reason he gave was that we specifically mentioned Rick Warren and Robert Schuller and that it is TBN's policy that broadcasters are not allowed to rebuke other ministries," Van Impe said.

"This is a rather hypocritical statement in light of the fact that they have never said anything in the past when we have rebuked others such as Bishop Spong, Bishop Pike, and in the past few months Harold Camping and Rob Bell," he continued. "They also stated that they would not run any future program where we offered our DVD Reclaiming & Restoring Biblical Christianity as a premium for a donation to our ministry. A DVD that exposes false teachers and the heresies that they proclaim."

TBN did not respond to WND's request for comment on the dispute.

Vancil said after TBN's decision not to air the program that there was no future between the two groups.

"This was not an easy decision; we have had a relationship with TBN for 23 years. … But at this point we feel it is time to part ways," he said. "We have been able to over the years develop an independent network of broadcast stations all across America as well as broadcasting on TBN and Daystar. Our media agents have worked diligently and determined that we need to add 14 stations to be able to continue fully covering every mile of America.

"Praise God I am pleased to announce that negotiations have progressed in these 14 markets and that contracts will be presented to the Van Impes for approval in a matter of days," he said.

In the program that was cut, which remains available on the Jack Van Impe Ministries website, the ministry launches its campaign regarding "apostate ministers."

Van Impe explains that the Bible prophesies a one-world government and a one-world religion during the end times, and his concern focuses on the move among some Christian organizations to adopt some Islamic thought and incorporate elements of Islam into their worship.

"We've got too many of these mush-mouth preachers. All they're doing is two stories and a movie review," he said. But the Bible actually outlines that its messages also are to "reprove and rebuke" Christians for failing to live for God.

According to the broadcast, "Chrislam is a term that may be used more often among apostate churches."

Such Islamic and evangelical Christian leaders, the report explained, are working to find a way to promote "common beliefs the two religions supposedly share."

Specifically cited were Warren and Schuller.

During a subsequent broadcast, also available on the ministry's website, the advance of "Chrislam" thoughts and practices into Christian churches was described as a "tsunami of compromise."

"This compromise is going to permeate Christianity," Van Impe said. "I'm calling for the old-time religion to be restored.

"God called me to preach. And I will not stand down for any man, for any church, for any Christian organization," he said.

The report noted that there are some Christian missionaries overseas who have "eliminated 91 verses in God's Holy Word because they wanted to please Islam and the Muslims."

Those references identify Jesus as the Son of God.

Other developments include moves by some Christian churches to remove clear Christian emblems such as crosses.

He said what churches need today is that "old time religion" and less "self-esteem psycho-babble."

Criticized on the program were recommendations attributed to Warren that churches change music to a contemporary rock style, eliminate hymnbooks and the choir, eliminate the Sunday evening or Wednesday prayer services, remove the word "church" and refer to it as a "campus," and reduce the use of the words "unsaved," "lost," "hell" and "heaven."

Other ministries have voiced criticism similar to Van Impe's.

Joe Schimmel, senior pastor of Blessed Hope Chapel in Southern California and chief of the Good Fight Ministries, openly has questioned whether church leaders are affirming Allah.

Schimmel, who is best known for "They Sold Their Souls for Rock n Roll," which exposes satanic influences behind much of yesterday and today's popular music and how it negatively influences youth, suggested in a WND column, "Could it be that we are witnessing the formation of the prophesied one-world religion under the Antichrist? (Revelation 13:1-18) "

He cited Brian McLaren of the emerging church movement, who planned for an Islamic Ramadan celebration. And he mentioned Warren's agreement to address the Islamic Society of North America, which "the Department of Justice categorized two years ago as a co-conspirator in financing a foreign terrorist group!"

Another church leader, Tony Campolo, "a proponent of the so-called 'evangelical left' claimed that 'even if' Muslims 'don't convert, they are God's people,'" Schimmel wrote.

"Even more chilling is the fact that over 300 prominent Christian leaders signed a letter issued by the Yale Center for Faith and Culture claiming that world peace is dependent on Muslims and Christians recognizing 'Allah' and 'Yahweh' as the same God. This letter, titled 'Loving God and Neighbor Together,' was written in response to a signed document by 138 Muslim leaders titled 'A Common Word Between Us and You.' McLaren, Warren, Robert Schuller and Bill Hybels were just several of the signatories to this outright betrayal of Christ!" he said.

TBN previously had a conflict over its intolerance for criticism of Islam. It was in 2006 when Hal Lindsey, WND columnist and one of the world's most popular non-fiction authors, clashed with the network because TBN wanted him to soften his views on Muslims. Lindsey refused.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=311473
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 08:57:01 am »

I don't watch Van Impe(or the TBN for that matter), but I read on other MBs recently that he's been calling out Rick Warren and the Emergent Church recently.

My reactions were either 1) The NWO is getting fed up with Warren(ie-thanks to the internet rising the last few years, more blog sites are exposing him - he doesn't even get nearly as much MSM coverage the last couple of years, even from FOX and his close buddy Murdoch) and wants to slowly expose him, or 2) They're just adding to the Hegelian dialect trying to play both sides of the fence. Hence making Van Impe the "good borean" vs. Warren the "wolf in sheep's clothing".

But who knows? Maybe this is all a show, and the NWO is going to give Van Impe another gig elsewhere?
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 09:11:31 am »

Jacks a closet catholic. Im not to sure whats going on here, watching it play out. As far as i know TBN has nothing to do with Warren, but a lot to do with the Catholic church.
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 09:24:27 am »

Jacks a closet catholic. Im not to sure whats going on here, watching it play out. As far as i know TBN has nothing to do with Warren, but a lot to do with the Catholic church.

True - however, Warren himself is pretty much Catholic/Jesuit-trained(he went to Fuller, has learned alot of the pagan Catholic practices there, has endorsed RCC, and even recommended some RCC mystics).

Also from what I've seen, Warren has gotten considerably less MSM airtime the last couple of years. When he first rose to fame with PDL, he was on Larry King, Hannity, FOX, CNN, almost every month. And every xmas would do specials on FOX(his buddy Murdoch's station). But since the last election, it seems like the MSM has distanced themselves from him. IMHO, I think the blogosphere/internet has played a large part - exposing him(through many of these web sites) to the point where word has gotten out on him. Not only to Christians, but "Republicans" and "conservatives" as well(ie-the GOP has a pro-Israel/anti-Muslim stance, Warren endorses the latter). Maybe that's why even his good buddy Murdoch is giving him less airtime on his FOX station(which is largely watched by Republicans). Even Warren's conference with Tony Blair at Saddleback a couple of months ago didn't get much MSM publicity(like his others did), nor his re-release of PDL on e-book this year.

Anyhow - thought I would throw this out as well.
Report Spam   Logged
Believer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 09:44:41 am »

I say GOOD for Van Impe!  There is a line in the sand and there is no room for compromise!  The god of Islam is NOT the God of Christianity! 
Report Spam   Logged
PeanutGallery

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 11:48:39 am »

They're just adding to the Hegelian dialect trying to play both sides of the fence. Hence making Van Impe the "good borean" vs. Warren the "wolf in sheep's clothing".

But who knows? Maybe this is all a show, and the NWO is going to give Van Impe another gig elsewhere?
Makes sense; the agenda is expanding beyond TBN and in to other media providers.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 03:38:16 pm »

Well, Van Impe has his own issues doctrinally sopeaking, but I agree, he's at least on this topic spot on. More power to anyone who is willing to stand up to the false churchianity cabal, and TBN is one of the most vile, disgusting organizations out there. Seeing that gold-guilded furnature just makes my stomach turn! And the hairdos and makeup those women wear! Wow.

Heresy needs to be challenged at every opportunity. "Glory be to God"
Report Spam   Logged
jackie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2011, 10:24:48 am »

I always felt that Jack was a closet Catholic, he shows much respect for Papal authority. (ugh!) I just read on Tom Horns  site that he was booted out because of Tom's new book. Interesting, the don't want to talk about eugenics, aliens,  Gen 6, etc.  They'd like to keep that bit of knowledge shut off to the sheeple.
Report Spam   Logged

Matt 24:42 "Watch therefor: for you know not what hour your Lord doth come."
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2011, 10:33:23 am »

I always felt that Jack was a closet Catholic, he shows much respect for Papal authority. (ugh!) I just read on Tom Horns  site that he was booted out because of Tom's new book. Interesting, the don't want to talk about eugenics, aliens,  Gen 6, etc.  They'd like to keep that bit of knowledge shut off to the sheeple.

Now a Roman Catholic?

In 1993 Van Impe, who formerly warned that the Roman Catholic church is a false, apostate church, now made a complete reversal by accepting the Pope and traditional Roman Catholicism as being part of the body of Christ. He not only claimed that the Pope was a genuine Christian but also considered him to be a true prophet and defender of the faith. In a recent broadcast Van Impe explained his conversion to the Roman Catholic Church, comparing it to the conversion of the Apostle Paul. He stated that he was once a fundamentalist who rejected Roman Catholicism, but now has evidently been converted.

According to Van Impe, the Vatican's doctrines are wonderfully correct: "I believe in this book," Van Impe tells the TV audience, holding up his New Catholic Catechism. "The Catholic doctrines are right on..."

"I have read the entire new catechism, 2800 points. And I know what they believe and we misrepresent them so often. I was one of those bigots who used to do it. And the Spirit spoke to me."

To Catholics he says: "You Catholic people, listen to your priests... Thank God for these Catholic leaders."

What turned Van Impe around to Catholicism? It was the Pope himself Van Impe says: "Pope John Paul II has given me real direction in my life." "He is a giant of the faith," says Van Impe.

Trust Mary Instead of Christ

In an article for the October-December 1995 issue of Foundation Magazine Van Impe offered praise to Pope John Paul II and praise for the Pope's plan for unity among all "Christians" and the establishment of a "world church." John Paul II, whom evangelicals like Van Impe have praised, trusted Mary instead of Christ for his eternal destiny. In a February 1980 addendum to his Last Will and Testament of March 6, 1979, John Paul II entrusted "that decisive moment [of death] to the Mother of Christ and of the Church [and] of my hope. In life and in death, Totus Tuus [totally yours] through the Immaculate." Embroidered inside all of his robes was the phrase, Totus tuus sum Maria, "Mary I am all yours." His Apostolic Letter of Oct. 16, 2002, ended with these words:

O Blessed Rosary of Mary, sweet chain which unites us to God, bond of love which unites us to the angels, tower of salvation against the assaults of Hell, safe port in our universal shipwreck, we will never abandon you. You will be our comfort in the hour of death: yours our final kiss as life ebbs away. And the last word from our lips will be your sweet name, O Queen of the Rosary of Pompei, O dearest Mother, O Refuge of Sinners, O Sovereign Consoler of the Afflicted.

Instead of obeying Jude's command to "earnestly contend for the faith once delivered to the saints," Van Impe, will not raise his voice against heretical denials of the true faith.

http://www.biblicist.org/bible/vanimpe.shtml

Televangelist Jack Van Impe, once upon a time Pastor Jerry Falwell's sidekick and nationally known as a fundamentalist Baptist crusader, says all that is behind him now. Now that he's discovered the "spiritual riches" that are found only in Roman Catholicism and in the Papacy.

On my new video you'll see Jack Van Impe and his vivacious wife and co-host, Rexella, gush with fulsome praise for the Pope and for Rome's priests. Van Impe exhorts Catholics to obey their black-robed, white-collar spiritual superiors.

He excitedly exclaims: "You Catholic people, listen to your priests... Thank God for these Catholic leaders."

"The Catholic Doctrines Are Right On"
According to TBN's Jack Van Impe, the Vatican's doctrines are wonderfully correct: "I believe in this book," Van Impe tells the TV audience, holding high the New Catholic Catechism. "The Catholic doctrines are right on," he adds.

Who turned Van Impe around to the Papacy's way of thinking? Why, it was the Pope himself Van Impe reveals: "Pope John Paul II has given me real direction in my life." "He is a giant of the faith," says Van Impe.

Note please, that it isn't Jesus Christ or His Word that really motivates Van Impe. Instead, it's the Pope, he reports, who has given him "real direction" in his life.

http://www.texemarrs.com/112004/vatican_rising_article.htm

Ecumenism

Much of his life was spent as a fierce proponent of the fundamentalist Biblical doctrine of Biblical separation. This teaching is that we, as a church, are to be removed from those individuals who promote doctrinal error. In late 1970's Van Impe made a shift towards the inclusiveness of Ecumenism and Evangelism. His break with the fundamental church came in 1984 with the publication of Heart Disease in Christ’s Body. In it, he disapproves of the lack of love and unity among so many of today's Christians. The remedy for this was for the relaxing of the fundamentalist definition of what is a Christian. He called for the acceptance as a "true Christian" of anyone who believed in the inspiration and inerrancy of Scripture, the Deity of Christ, the Virgin Birth, the Substitutionary atonement, and the physical resurrection of Christ along with His personal, bodily return to earth. In addition to this Jack sought to redefine the very concept of Biblical separation itself. In his new formula, anyone who disagrees with these conditions that he defined as a "true Christian" was himself in doctrinal error and thus subject to isolation.

Now a Roman Catholic?

In 1993 Van Impe, who formerly warned that the Roman Catholic church is a false, apostate church, now made a complete reversal by accepting the Pope and traditional Roman Catholicism as being part of the body of Christ. He not only claimed that the Pope was a genuine Christian but also considered him to be a true prophet and defender of the faith. In a recent broadcast Van Impe explained his conversion to the Roman Catholic Church, comparing it to the conversion of the Apostle Paul. He stated that he was once a fundamentalist who rejected Roman Catholicism, but now has evidently been converted.

"I have read the entire new catechism, 2800 points. And I know what they believe and we misrepresent them so often. I was one of those bigots who used to do it. And the Spirit spoke to me."

In an article for the October-December 1995 issue of Foundation Magazine Van Impe offered praise to Pope John Paul II and praise for the Pope's plan for unity among all "Christians" and the establishment of a "world church." John Paul II, whom evangelicals like Van Impe have praised, trusted Mary instead of Christ for his eternal destiny. In a February 1980 addendum to his Last Will and Testament of March 6, 1979, John Paul II entrusted "that decisive moment [of death] to the Mother of Christ and of the Church [and] of my hope. In life and in death, Totus Tuus [totally yours] through the Immaculate." Embroidered inside all of his robes was the phrase, Totus tuus sum Maria, "Mary I am all yours." His Apostolic Letter of Oct. 16, 2002, ended with these words:

O Blessed Rosary of Mary, sweet chain which unites us to God, bond of love which unites us to the angels, tower of salvation against the assaults of Hell, safe port in our universal shipwreck, we will never abandon you. You will be our comfort in the hour of death: yours our final kiss as life ebbs away. And the last word from our lips will be your sweet name, O Queen of the Rosary of Pompei, O dearest Mother, O Refuge of Sinners, O Sovereign Consoler of the Afflicted.
Instead of obeying Jude's command to "earnestly contend for the faith once delivered to the saints," Van Impe, has never raised a voice against heretical denials of the true faith.

Ya, hes a Catholic. You have the link to that part on Tom Horns site?
Report Spam   Logged

jackie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2011, 10:45:11 am »

http://www.raidersnewsnetwork.com/
Report Spam   Logged

jackie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2011, 10:49:15 am »

Dr. Jack Van Impe Ministry Abandons TBN In Clash Over "Chrislam" - Book Published By Tom Horn At The Center Of The Controversy
The dispute arose over the issue of advocating for "Chrislam" and other efforts that are designed to find "common ground" between Christians and Muslims. TBN censored one of Van Impe's programs that contained sharp criticisms of leaders such as Rick Warren of "The Purpose Driven Life" fame. In a statement from Van Impe Ministries yesterday, Executive Director Ken Vancil said his organization rejected an effort by TBN to reinstate the programming and would work to develop alternative broadcast outlets where they were needed. The dispute erupted just last week, when Van Impe's ministry planned to air sharp criticism of Christians who say they want to "reach out" by incorporating beliefs or practices of Islam into their Christian organizations. At the center of the controversy is a book Van Impe is offering in connection with the broadcasts. Released this week, "The Dark Side Of The Purpose Driven Church" was written by Dr. Noah Hutchings and published by Thomas Horn, CEO of Defender...

The article that goes with the link I posted from raiders news network

( I still don't know how to edit my post...can anyone help and tell me how?  Thanks)

click the MODIFY button
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 10:56:11 am by Dok » Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2011, 10:50:02 am »

Cheesy It wasnt on there when i looked.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2011, 10:58:22 am »

Here is the Video that this is all about

This is the responce video i guess.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 11:30:09 am by Dok » Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2011, 11:16:34 am »

In the above vid,second one  Roll Eyes good ole Jack talks about all the organizastions that are bringing about a 1 world religion, starting at the 5 min mark. Funny that he left off the Catholic church. BUT WAIT!! Theres more!!!! at the 5:54 min mark, this is what the great Christian Jack has to say. "The Great Catholic scholar, who did the Latin Vulgate Jerome. Who said "when we have this 10 division world empire, our Jesus will come" "

Ok,. does any one need anymore proof this WOLF is a Catholic?

Also as 12:33 Jack holds up his Bible for all to see. Guess what it is? Guess what is on the Cover?

And hes using it while going on a rant about how people change the Word of God!!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 11:34:20 am by Dok » Report Spam   Logged

jackie

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2011, 01:08:04 pm »

just looking for the modify button....can't seem to find it.  I guess I still need help.   Huh
Report Spam   Logged

Believer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2011, 01:50:27 pm »

Dok, is there a link to something concrete confirming JVI has converted to Catholicism?  I see on the internet a lot of talk, but nothing I can link to my friend who is adamant that he has not converted.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 01:59:20 pm by Believer » Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2011, 02:02:39 pm »

Dok, is there a link to something concrete confirming JVI has converted to Catholicism?

Now a Roman Catholic?

According to Van Impe, the Vatican's doctrines are wonderfully correct: "I believe in this book," Van Impe tells the TV audience, holding up his New Catholic Catechism. "The Catholic doctrines are right on..."

To Catholics he says: "You Catholic people, listen to your priests... Thank God for these Catholic leaders."

What turned Van Impe around to Catholicism? It was the Pope himself Van Impe says: "Pope John Paul II has given me real direction in my life." "He is a giant of the faith," says Van Impe.

Instead of obeying Jude's command to "earnestly contend for the faith once delivered to the saints," Van Impe, will not raise his voice against heretical denials of the true faith.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 03:32:28 pm by Dok » Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2014, 05:32:00 am »

TBN Cuts Programming  Again - Scared of Prophecy, or Anti-Islamic Speech?

Why does the Trinity Broadcasting Network continue eliminating end times ministers on their network?  Founder of EndTime Ministries and host of End of the Age, Irvin Baxter is yet another minister in the growing list who has been silenced by the largest Christian network on TV...It began with Hal Lindsey in January of 2006, when the International Intelligence Briefing notified TBN that he would not return due to, what he considered to be, 'efforts to muzzle his opinions about radical Islam.' Lindsey had anchored...   

MORE: http://www.prophecynewswatch.com/2014/January27/271.html

Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2014, 09:42:57 am »

TBN Cuts Programming  Again - Scared of Prophecy, or Anti-Islamic Speech?

Why does the Trinity Broadcasting Network continue eliminating end times ministers on their network?  Founder of EndTime Ministries and host of End of the Age, Irvin Baxter is yet another minister in the growing list who has been silenced by the largest Christian network on TV...It began with Hal Lindsey in January of 2006, when the International Intelligence Briefing notified TBN that he would not return due to, what he considered to be, 'efforts to muzzle his opinions about radical Islam.' Lindsey had anchored...   

MORE: http://www.prophecynewswatch.com/2014/January27/271.html

Well, both Baxter and Lindsey have some major doctrinal issues of their own(Baxter is a One-Ness Pentacostal, and Lindsey endorsed the Pope).

With that being said, yes, looking at the big picture - mainstream Churchianity in America(whether it's these church buildings, tv networks, or whatever), has been doing everything to silence end times prophecies. And from my observations, this is largely b/c a lot of these corrupt bible versions, pagan/New Age practices, CCM/"Christian" Rock, Emergent theology, etc that have crept in.(ie-the recently fired pastor at my "church" - when I moved there in 2006 and started attending, he was firmly pre-trib, pre-mellinial. Then in 2009, he changed to a post-trib view when he gave his thoughts on Revelation. Then it was 2 years ago when he woefully misinterpreted certain bible verses to make it look like thinking about end times prophecies is sin. It wasn't too long after this when he admitted he engaged in the RCC's contemplative prayer practice. No wonder why).
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: