End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 03:24:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Humanist Quotes

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Humanist Quotes  (Read 867 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« on: December 12, 2010, 07:49:02 am »

“(Our) great object was to get rid of Christianity, and to convert our
churches into halls of science. The plan was not to make open attacks on
religion...but to establish a system of state schools, from which all
religion was to be excluded...and to which all parents were to be
compelled by law to send their children. For this purpose, a secret society
was formed and the whole country was to be organized.” Orestes
Brownson (1803-1876)

“What the church has been for medieval man, the public school must
become for democratic and rational man. God would be replaced by the
concept of the public good.” Horace Mann (1796-1858)

“There is no God and there is no soul. Hence, there is no need for the
props of traditional religion. With dogma and creed excluded, then
immutable truth is also dead and buried. There is no room for fixed,
natural law or moral absolutes.” John Dewey (1859-1952), the “Father
of Progressive Education;” co-author of the first Humanist
Manifesto and honorary NEA president.

“Education is thus a most powerful ally of humanism, and every
American school is a school of humanism. What can a theistic Sunday
School’s meeting for an hour once a week and teaching only a fraction of
the children do to stem the tide of the five-day program of humanistic
teaching?” Charles F. Potter, Humanism: A New Religion (1930)

“I think that the most important factor moving us toward a secular society
has been the educational factor. Our schools may not teach Johnny to
read properly, but the fact that Johnny is in school until he is sixteen
tends to lead toward the elimination of religious superstition.” Paul
Blanshard, “Three Cheers for Our Secular State,” The Humanist,
March/April 1976

“We must ask how we can kill the God of Christianity. We need only to
insure that our schools teach only secular knowledge. If we could achieve
this, God would indeed be shortly due for a funeral service.” G. Richard
Bozarth, “On Keeping God Alive,” American Atheist, November

“I am convinced that the battle for humankind’s future must be waged
and won in the public school classroom by teachers who correctly
perceive their role as proselytizers of a new faith: a religion of humanity.
These teachers must embody the same selfless dedication as the most
rabid fundamentalist preachers, for they will be ministers of another sort,
utilizing a classroom instead of a pulpit to convey humanist values in
whatever subject they teach, regardless of educational level – preschool,
day care or a large state university. The classroom must and will become
an arena of conflict between the old and the new – the rotting corpse of
Christianity...and the new faith of humanism.” John J. Dunphy, “A New
Religion for a New Age,” The Humanist, January/February 1983

“Every child in America entering school at the age of five is mentally ill,
because he comes to school with certain allegiances toward our founding
fathers, toward our elected officials, toward his parents, toward a belief in
a supernatural Being, toward the sovereignty of this nation as a separate
entity. It is up to you teachers to make all these sick children well by
creating the international children of the future.” Harvard Professor of
Education and Psychiatry, 1984
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 07:50:33 am by Dok » Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

existenchristau

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 11:54:01 pm »

Not just schools bible colleges also! In Australia i have attended two bible colleges both taught that inerrancy of the bible (literalism)was no longer in vogue and thus when you wrote an essay on a certain chapters in the gospels it was based on the principles of  "Relativity" conforming to political correctness so as not to offend identity/minority groups, thats how it would be viewed and marked by the bible college lecturers.Thus the bible colleges have also caved into post modernism. PM is ofcause just another face of humanism!.
Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 07:43:09 am »

Not just schools bible colleges also! In Australia i have attended two bible colleges both taught that inerrancy of the bible (literalism)was no longer in vogue and thus when you wrote an essay on a certain chapters in the gospels it was based on the principles of  "Relativity" conforming to political correctness so as not to offend identity/minority groups, thats how it would be viewed and marked by the bible college lecturers.Thus the bible colleges have also caved into post modernism. PM is ofcause just another face of humanism!.

Yep - in the previous city I lived in, my mom knew the Baptist Seminary President there, and was close friends with his daugther. I've crossed paths with him at my church - he's a nice guy, however, I do think in some ways he's been deceived. For example, he was at a conference one time, and he told everyone how seminary students should NOT ask questions to their professors/stand down in the classroom(ie-this isn't the exact quote, but the message he gave off was that seminary students shouldn't be good Boreans). And for that matter too, he's allowed Emergent philosophy like 'Purpose Driven Life' to be a part of his seminary curriculum.

And for that matter too - in recent years, they've been hiring sem professors trained in this Emergent philosophy - no surprise, because over the last decade when a growing number of churches have adopted PDL/Bill Hybels, and other Emergent nonsense, teens and kids have grown up in this environment. So fast-forward 8-10 years later once they've graduated from their corrupt seminaries, they're firmly implanted in this.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 05:37:31 am »

That is the biggest problem with today’s church's and Christians. Don’t offend anyone. That is what Jesus's message and the entire message of the Bible does. It offends; Jesus himself said it would divide families.

Matt 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
 35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.    36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 07:36:15 am »

That is the biggest problem with today’s church's and Christians. Don’t offend anyone. That is what Jesus's message and the entire message of the Bible does. It offends; Jesus himself said it would divide families.

Matt 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
 35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.    36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Exactly! One time I tried to warn others how evolution is poisoning our public school students, and yes, even THAT was met with hostility among a few Christian folks I know. Their responses were, "Why are you so judgemental?", "But evolution is science!", "But some pastor on TBN said Christians should be open to evolution!", etc. Seriously, it's gone even THIS FAR in terms of even supposedly good christians getting offended. Why in the world would some doctrine of demon like this that everyone knows it's a lie with would ultimately offend them?

And for that matter too, a good number of christian circles will get offended if you merely point out the errors of Billy Graham, Rick Warren, Bill Hybels, etc, but if someone blasphemenes Jesus Christ? Not a word...
Report Spam   Logged
existenchristau

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 08:20:15 pm »

I think if we are expecting organised religion to ever be any good we are kidding ourselves. As Alex Jones points out for one, just about all churches are 5013c  tax exempt in short they have been owned since day one!
As long as the governments own them they are blackmailed and have to preach Aquarian age friendly homerlies otherwise the pastors minsters priests, whatever lose their jobs its that simple, so they toe the line no matter sublimely or blatantly  they do it.
Personally I ve reached the stage as believer in christ where Soren Kiekgaards existential philosophy of abandoning everthing to personal faith seems more and more attractive to me such faith doesn not require organised religion as it is extistential as faith should be beyond place and time in history, therefore strong believer that God is outside of time in my ontological understanding of him/her.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: