End Times and Current Events
April 20, 2024, 04:26:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Anyone heard of this Bible Version?

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone heard of this Bible Version?  (Read 978 times)
William
« on: June 17, 2011, 02:41:01 pm »

I found this Quote on a site. The first one, and its not King James Version. However I have never heard of the one below called "American King James Version." The second quote, or verse is King James, and lines up with my Bible.

[1]

Matthew 24:4-8
4 Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many. 6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.”

[2]

However this verse is correct below, and is listed as "American King James Version." The one above has no version listed to it.

“But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in all holy conversation and godliness, Looking for and hastening to the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?”
2Peter 3:10-12 American King James Version

Take from:

[1]: http://www.warnthenations.com/2011/03/earthquakes-are-increasing-in-numbers-in-magnitude/
[2]: http://www.warnthenations.com/day-of-the-lord/
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 03:03:11 pm »

American King James Version
Presented by True Grace Ministries
http://www.angelfire.com/al4/allenkc/akjv/

This is a new translation of the Bible, based on the original King James Version. It is a simple word for word update from the King James English. I have taken care to change nothing doctrinally, but to simply update the spelling and vocabulary. I have not changed the grammar because that could alter the doctrine.

I am hereby putting the American King James version of the Bible into the public domain on November 8, 1999.

Michael Peter (Stone) Engelbrite

You may use it in any manner you wish: copy it, sell it, modify it, etc.
You can't copyright it or prevent others from using it.
A special thanks to Tye Rausch and Eve Engelbrite who helped tremendously on this project.
You can't claim that you created it, because you didn't.

You can obtain a free copy of the American King James in electronic format at the following locations

The Sword Project - www.CrossWire.org - with reader software and other translations.

OnLine Bible - http://www.ccel.org/olb/ - Translation, http://www.OnlineBible.org reader software.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The American King James Version is a new English edition of the Holy Bible by Michael Peter (Stone) Engelbrite, based on the King James Version. It is a simple word for word update from the King James English. Care has been taken to change nothing doctrinally, but to simply update the spelling and vocabulary. The grammar has not been changed to avoid altering the doctrine.

Michael Engelbrite has put the American King James version of the Bible into the public domain on November 8, 1999. In a note distributed with the translation, he stated, “You may use it in any manner you wish: copy it, sell it, modify it, etc. You can't copyright it or prevent others from using it. A special thanks to Tye Rausch and Eve Engelbrite who helped tremendously on this project. You can't claim that you created it, because you didn't.
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
PeanutGallery

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 04:05:39 pm »

[1]
Matthew 24:4-8
4 Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many.
I think that comes out of the NIV

[2]
However this verse is correct below, and is listed as "American King James Version." The one above has no version listed to it.
AKJV has spelling differences, for example:
Saviour (KJB), Savior (AKJB), check Luke 1:47;
throughly (KJB), thoroughly (AKJV) check 2Tim 3:17;
For me there is a difference between throughly and thoroughly.
Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 05:05:26 pm »

In the KJV, they use "no man"(deceives you, that is).

Why is this the one and only correct translation, and not "no one"? B/c scripture says the woman has to stay silent in the church, and not usurp authority over men. And this particular verse talks about those that come and prophecy in the name of Christ.

So obviously, the only one that works is "no man"(and makes our jobs easier as we can just tune out all the women we see on tv/radio christian networks, on pulpits, and even books to some extent no matter how godly they appear to be).
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 05:15:55 pm »

KJB
Mat 24:4  And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
Mat 24:5  For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
Mat 24:6  And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
William
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 06:08:54 pm »

Thanks that helps a lot.

I do agree that there is a difference between throughly and thoroughly.

I guess its a King James, and someone could get saved out of it rather than something like an NIV, or NASB, but I'll stick to my good old Authorized 1611 King James Bible  Grin

I don't like the six lettered "Savior" either. I like the more true "Saviour" of the Authorized King James.

Yeah I thought that one came out of the NIV, or NASB. Those seem to be the two most popular along with the New King James for all the modern Churches now adays.

Thanks again.
Report Spam   Logged
PeanutGallery

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 06:35:22 pm »

I guess its a King James, and someone could get saved out of it rather than something like an NIV, or NASB, but I'll stick to my good old Authorized 1611 King James Bible
God opened my eyes to His truth from a catholic bible; the gospel message is there in most bibles, that's God's mercy at work.  Having said that, there is also enough corruption to mislead.
God also opened my eyes to the KJB, and I have no intention of using other translations.
Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2011, 08:02:50 pm »

God opened my eyes to His truth from a catholic bible; the gospel message is there in most bibles, that's God's mercy at work.  Having said that, there is also enough corruption to mislead.
God also opened my eyes to the KJB, and I have no intention of using other translations.

I agree - while I will never endorse the NIV nor any other version, at the same time, at least it has a decent enough truth in it that got me saved in the first place(although my mom started out with the KJV, then started reading the NIV later b/c one of her friends gave it to her for free).

With that being said, I think this may have been God's will for us b/c now that we've been exposed to the truth of the KJV, we can now expose all the errors and heresies to others with the other perverted versions. I haven't had many opportunities yet, but the few that I've had, I was able to recommend Denlinger's, Scott's, and Hoggard's teachings on the KJV to others, as well as one of Chris Pinto's films on the RCC.

With that being said, it's always best to get saved at the earliest opportunity, why? B/c when my mom first started witnessing to me, she showed me an NIV bible. Then it got to a point where she ended up giving me worse perverted ones like the New Century version(which is INCREDIBLY bad) as the years went down(she probably didn't have any idea then). And it also came to a point where she ended up taking me to some liberal Episcopalian Church as well as a Methodist Church on college campus pastored by a woman.

Pt being that your earliest opportunities may be the best times to get the real truth - I mean look at what has happened over the last 10 years with this Emergent nonsense hitting churches all over the country. Yeah, 501c3 is bad enough, but without this Emergent nonsense, it wasn't this bad in the 80's and 90's. And for the record, no, I'm not trying to say it's too late for anyone to get saved, but in general, those that keep on passing up opportunities for years end up missing the boat altogether mostly, but not all the time.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2011, 08:06:19 pm »

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
2 Peter 3:10-12 King James Version

What about the other "Modern King James Bibles"? Can you spot any differences from the KJV?

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
2 Peter 3:10-12 KJV Pure Cambridge Edition

“But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in all holy conversation and godliness, Looking for and hastening to the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?”
2 Peter 3:10-12 American King James Version

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a rushing noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat. And the earth and the works in it will be burned up. Then, all these things being about to be dissolved, what sort ought you to be in holy behavior and godliness, looking for and rushing the coming of the Day of God, on account of which the heavens, being on fire, will melt away, and the elements will melt, burning with heat?
2 Peter 3:10-12 Modern King James Version

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in all holy conduct and godliness, Looking for and hastening unto the coming of the day of God, in which the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
2 Peter 3:10-12 King James 2000

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are in it shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in all holy conduct and godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, in which the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
2 Peter 3:10-12 King James Clarified

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought all of you to be in all holy conversation and godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
2 Peter 3:10-12 Updated King James Version

To see many other Bible Versions:
http://studybible.info/
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 08:13:11 pm by Christian40 » Report Spam   Logged
William
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2011, 09:19:25 pm »

What about the other "Modern King James Bibles"? Can you spot any differences from the KJV?

2 Peter 3:10-12 KJV Pure Cambridge Edition

2 Peter 3:10-12 American King James Version

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a rushing noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat. And the earth and the works in it will be burned up. Then, all these things being about to be dissolved, what sort ought you to be in holy behavior and godliness, looking for and rushing the coming of the Day of God, on account of which the heavens, being on fire, will melt away, and the elements will melt, burning with heat?
2 Peter 3:10-12 Modern King James Version

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in all holy conduct and godliness, Looking for and hastening unto the coming of the day of God, in which the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
2 Peter 3:10-12 King James 2000

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are in it shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in all holy conduct and godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, in which the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
2 Peter 3:10-12 King James Clarified

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought all of you to be in all holy conversation and godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
2 Peter 3:10-12 Updated King James Version

To see many other Bible Versions:
http://studybible.info/

Yeah I notice a change in:

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

KJV Pure Cambridge Edition

To:

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a rushing noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat. And the earth and the works in it will be burned up.

Modern King James Version

Also

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
KJV Pure Cambridge Edition

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in all holy conduct and godliness,
King James 2000

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a rushing noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat. And the earth and the works in it will be burned up. Then, all these things being about to be dissolved, what sort ought you to be in holy behavior and godliness,
Modern King James Version

I would have to look at them for a while to see all the errors, but yeah Satan is working hard to bring as many perversions out as he can.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: