End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 07:00:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

xmas-what kind of reactions do you get?

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: xmas-what kind of reactions do you get?  (Read 986 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: December 12, 2010, 01:52:49 pm »

I'm presently getting an earful from my family for not wanting to participate in the festivities this year. During our xmas show at my church today, I stayed silent on a couple of hymns the world would embrace during this time, and in my prayer at lunch, my mom wanted me to say to be thankful for Jesus' birth at this time of year, but instead, I chose instead to replace those words with being thankful daily for his death, shedding his blood, and his resurrection power saving the world from their sins.

Just curious - what kind of reactions do you get from your family and close ones when you choose not to want to participate in any way in these festivities? The comments I've been getting were stuff like "You're twisting scripture", "You're anti-social", "But our pastor is very sharp, if he says so, it must be true", "Our seminary Presidents are the most godly people, don't you ever say they are wrong!", etc.

I know we have to put all our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and his Word, but just curious what kind of reactions do you get? And how do you respond? Personally, I'll admit I express my frustration back, which is very wrong too.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 02:22:52 pm »

I get really odd reactions from people. I usually tell them i do not celebrate Christmas as its a pagan holiday and that im a Christian so i dont celebrate it. That usually gives me a good opening to explain the holiday and whitness for Jesus.

I always love their reactions when i explain the reason for mistletoe and those pretty white berries.  Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
PeanutGallery

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 04:51:51 pm »

I always love their reactions when i explain the reason for mistletoe and those pretty white berries.  Shocked

Was is the 'reason for mistletoe and those pretty white berries.'?
Report Spam   Logged
AlexMay

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 07:53:10 pm »

i told my family the scripture about the pagans cutting the tree from the woods and hanging it upright in the house, and they said just use a tree you didnt cut so i brought a tree in but i am feeling guilty about it and want to cry about it but i am thinking about taking it down once i can get my husband to understand that scripture.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 08:10:02 pm »

I tell people that Jesus was probably born in September or October which connects with the Jewish Calendar and lambs being born. I tell people that December 25 is a pagan ritual day and not a Celebration of Jesus's birth. If they are not a Christian this information doesn't mean anything to them.

"I always love their reactions when i explain the reason for mistletoe and those pretty white berries."  Shocked

What's the meaning of mistletoe and white berries?

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, 11:07:54 pm »

I tell people that Jesus was probably born in September or October which connects with the Jewish Calendar and lambs being born. I tell people that December 25 is a pagan ritual day and not a Celebration of Jesus's birth. If they are not a Christian this information doesn't mean anything to them.

Here lies the problem when I explain what you said-one person responded how the old Jewish calendar and the modern day calendar are much different, and how somehow the Sept in the Jewish and Dec 25 in the modern day match up. And they say how they know this because, "Whoever well-respected seminary professor or godly pastor said so".

I even go on to say that the RCC et al used astrology to make up this 12/25 nonsense, and their response is something like, "But times were different almost 2000 years ago". I'm like, "Huh? We should know that the Word of God NEVER changes, now all of a sudden there's exceptions?".(ie-astrology, as we all know, is condemned in the bible, and is rooted in witchcraft - still, somehow, they say how I misinterpret bible passages).

And they also say stuff like how I surf the internet too much, etc, etc.

In general, people need to put things more in perspective - if xmas really is a "christian" holiday, then why the heck does the entire world of unbelievers celebrate it cheerfully?
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 12:44:44 pm »

Was is the 'reason for mistletoe and those pretty white berries.'?

What's the meaning of mistletoe and white berries?

The white berries are a representation of the Roman god's semen, blessing the kiss of the young lovers. Not something i want hanging over my head.
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
AlexMay

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2010, 05:41:34 pm »

In general, people need to put things more in perspective - if xmas really is a "christian" holiday, then why the heck does the entire world of unbelievers celebrate it cheerfully?

hey people tell me that too that "how do you know truthers aren't lying to you" and "well theres weirdos online" wow

also i know what you mean i tried to tell my stepdaad that what is highly esteemed among men is an abomination in the sight of God, and i look at how theres santas EVERYWHERE on tv this time of year. santa is so stupid!
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2010, 06:15:23 pm »

hey people tell me that too that "how do you know truthers aren't lying to you" and "well theres weirdos online" wow

also i know what you mean i tried to tell my stepdaad that what is highly esteemed among men is an abomination in the sight of God, and i look at how theres santas EVERYWHERE on tv this time of year. santa is so stupid!

Well, there's many more WACKOS in the MSM and the rest of television, FWIW. FOX and CNN, as we all know, CONTROL the news reportings and play the nonsense left/right paradigm, and to boot, even "conservative" FOX News has many times praised the Pope and the Vatican. And then there's all the money-grabbing wolves on TBN, Skyhype, etc.

Frankly, I'll take my chances with the "wackos" on the internet. Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Gabriel
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2010, 07:09:01 am »

The decked out trees freak me out. They are in every house I go into. They ignore scripture even though they claim Christianity. Like the Lord said, "for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good." "But they are altogether brutish and foolish."

As for a reaction... I'm insane Smiley Thank you Lord Jesus!@!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 07:12:58 am by Gabriel » Report Spam   Logged
NilsFor1611

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2022, 10:43:07 am »

I hate it and always will.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: