End Times and Current Events
March 19, 2024, 03:48:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Mike Hoggard: Blindly follow the Government

Shoutbox
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
September 14, 2017, 04:31:26 am Christian40 says: i have thought that i'm reaping from past sins then my life has been impacted in ways from having non believers in my ancestry.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mike Hoggard: Blindly follow the Government  (Read 28559 times)
Kilika
« Reply #120 on: February 28, 2013, 02:10:57 pm »

i wish he would have mentioned us by name or something, maybe we would get a little more traffic

15:40 min.? I listened through to about 16:45, and I guess I'm missing it. How was he referring to our site?
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 28, 2013, 02:20:05 pm »

15:40 min.? I listened through to about 16:45, and I guess I'm missing it. How was he referring to our site?

The part about him and the Fema camp...
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Kilika
« Reply #122 on: February 28, 2013, 02:59:20 pm »

I questioned before I read back a few posts! I had forgotten that little dialog and invitation. NOW it makes sense.

I needed to go back further and listen.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 03:07:00 pm by Kilika » Report Spam   Logged
tennis shoe

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 28, 2013, 04:00:17 pm »

Sounded like doubletalk to me. To paraphrase: “I’m not telling you to go to the FEMA camp, but, as long as it doesn’t violate God’s law, you need to do as the government says.”

Did I hear that right?
Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 28, 2013, 04:57:24 pm »

Sounded like doubletalk to me. To paraphrase: “I’m not telling you to go to the FEMA camp, but, as long as it doesn’t violate God’s law, you need to do as the government says.”

Did I hear that right?

Yes, he was rather subtle about it, and that was how I understood it too.

Also, caught something else Hoggard said a bit further down the 15:40 mark(like a minute later) - he said that if Obama passes laws that go against biblical authority(or something like that), then Hoggard said he and other Christians should REVOLT.(I'm paraphrasing, but he DID say we should revolt)

Uhm...while Romans 13 says Christians shouldn't have blind submission to an evil government, at the same time it did NOT say to revolt against this evil goverment(which people like Alex Jones are deceiving their flock to do so).

Rom 13:11  And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.
Rom 13:12  The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.
Rom 13:13  Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.
Rom 13:14  But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

James 5:4  Behold, the hire of the labourers who have reaped down your fields, which is of you kept back by fraud, crieth: and the cries of them which have reaped are entered into the ears of the Lord of sabaoth.
Jas 5:5  Ye have lived in pleasure on the earth, and been wanton; ye have nourished your hearts, as in a day of slaughter.
Jas 5:6  Ye have condemned and killed the just; and he doth not resist you.
Jas 5:7  Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 01, 2013, 04:10:15 am »

Just a follow up here, not once during the Romans 13 sermon was there a "But if it violates Gods word" or anything else like that. Not once did you say BUT Mr Hoggard, as your so fond of stating over and over today. You didnt do it in your sermon, to your church as a Pastor.

So I have every right to call you on that, as i have fully stated in this whole thread. You didnt say it on the sermon, heck you didnt say it until months later. So you cant claim "this is what i always said" because you didnt say it.

If any one doubts me here is the audio, down load it and listen for yourself.
http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=53011135937

So i dont have anything to apologize for, you do.
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 01, 2013, 01:09:46 pm »

Just a follow up here, not once during the Romans 13 sermon was there a "But if it violates Gods word" or anything else like that. Not once did you say BUT Mr Hoggard, as your so fond of stating over and over today. You didnt do it in your sermon, to your church as a Pastor.

So I have every right to call you on that, as i have fully stated in this whole thread. You didnt say it on the sermon, heck you didnt say it until months later. So you cant claim "this is what i always said" because you didnt say it.

If any one doubts me here is the audio, down load it and listen for yourself.
http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=53011135937

So i dont have anything to apologize for, you do.

Yep, and NOT ONCE did he the least bit call out Obama for what he is in that 2011 sermon - he was like, "Sure, Obama isn't perfect, but he's put there by God to do justice against evil...". And this FLIES IN THE FACE of all the watchman broadcasts he's done exposing Obama.

And not to mention too he ENDORSED TWA scanners, the wars "helping our freedoms" in the ME, etc.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 01, 2013, 09:16:02 pm »

Good point - yeah, if Hoggard knows his bible, he should know that false teachers need to be called out by name. So technically, yeah, surprised he didn't call us out explicitly. Grin

how are we false teachers?
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 01, 2013, 09:21:06 pm »

how are we false teachers?

http://endtimesandcurrentevents.freesmfhosting.com/index.php/topic,2282.msg31705.html#msg31705

Discussion on this started at this post in this thread - Mark pointed out that Mike's comment may have been directed at us on this message forum.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 21, 2013, 12:07:00 am »

OK, this discussion over eternal security starts at the 8:00 mark, and ended up listening to the 38 minute mark.

Even though he said Christians can't lose their salvation, he came to the conclusion that you have to keep believing from the beginning to the end, and have perseverence with steadfast confidence to the end to show you are truely saved.(he mentioned we're preserved as well, so he showed the other side very well - but nonetheless not sure what to make of this other side he said on salvation)

At least that's how I interpreted what he said - what do you think?

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 21, 2013, 01:24:50 pm »

This looks pretty decent.

http://www.dewtronics.com/KingJamesPureBibleSearch/
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #131 on: March 21, 2013, 03:41:57 pm »

View the Preface page of their online manual, then let me know what you think of it. (notice the "cloud" url?)

http://cloud.dewtronics.com/KingJamesPureBibleSearch/manual/KingJamesPureBibleSearch.html
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 21, 2013, 11:03:12 pm »

http://endtimesandcurrentevents.freesmfhosting.com/index.php/topic,8116.0.html

it is version 1.1 now, i haven't upgraded yet
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 21, 2013, 11:08:12 pm »

I'm not sure what to think, i cant think of any agenda that Hoggard would have in disproving eternal security or promotion of works salvation.

Bryan Delinger said he is going to do an exposure of Mike Hoggard some time in the future and he mentioned that eternal security as one of the issues he was going to bring up.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 21, 2013, 11:40:00 pm »

I'm not sure what to think, i cant think of any agenda that Hoggard would have in disproving eternal security or promotion of works salvation.

Bryan Delinger said he is going to do an exposure of Mike Hoggard some time in the future and he mentioned that eternal security as one of the issues he was going to bring up.

Yeah, saw that in one of his recent videos - he said it's just a warning, and not an expose of a heretic or anything. I also didn't know Hoggard was backtracking on his pre-trib rapture beliefs.

Anyhow, he was bringing up verses in Hebrews talking about perserverence that is a required part of salvation/eternal security. This being one of them...

Heb 3:14  For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

1) When one reads this verse, one can automatically think that we can't have any kind of backsliding or wavering at all until the end of our lives(or the rapture/2nd Coming), right? But that is NOT what it means, especially considering the passage in Romans 7 where Paul preaches about the lusts of his flesh warring against the Spirit. 2) One has to be patient and CONTINUE reading to see what it means. So here's the REST of the passage...

Heb 3:15  While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.
Heb 3:16  For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.
Heb 3:17  But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness?
Heb 3:18  And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?
Heb 3:19  So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

Now what does the last verse say? Should sum it up right there. They couldn't be partakers of Christ b/c of their UNBELIEF, period. Again, PATIENCE when reading the scriptures.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #135 on: March 22, 2013, 02:17:54 am »

Preface

Welcome to the King James Pure Bible Search application!  This application has
been brought to you by the fervent prayers of Bethel Church, Festus, MO.

This application was developed to allow the student of the King James Bible to
effectively search and seek out the patterns of the Divine Fingerprints of God in
His inerrant and infallible Holy Written Word.

This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the
terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software
Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY
WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU General Public License for
more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with
this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave,
Cambridge, MA 02139, USA.

‘Free’ software refers to your free uninhibited ability to access and obtain this
software in its exact original form, and your freedom to copy and share it with
others, not necessarily that it was obtained ‘for free’, as reasonable fees may be
charged to recover distribution costs.

This application was originally developed using open source Qt 4.8.3, and has also
been built and tested against Qt 4.8.4 and Qt 5.0.0.  The specific version
distributed depends on the target platform.  Qt is available at

http://qt-project.org/

Many thanks to Laura Moore for the new artwork for the program and manual!

This application is copyrighted for the same reason that the King James Bible is
copyrighted, to protect and ensure its integrity:
King James Pure Bible Search (Can Opener)
Copyright (C) 2012-2013 Donna Whisnant, a.k.a. Dewtronics.

http://www.dewtronics.com/

This is an open source application.  The source code is available upon request.

Written and Developed for:

Bethel Church
1233 American Legion Drive
Festus, MO 63028
USA
636-931-3999

I wasn't talking about the version! Out of all that is bolded, you see no problems?
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 22, 2013, 05:05:57 am »

Heb 3:14  For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Heb 3:15  While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.
Heb 3:16  For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.
Heb 3:17  But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness?
Heb 3:18  And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?
Heb 3:19  So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

Now what does the last verse say? Should sum it up right there. They couldn't be partakers of Christ b/c of their UNBELIEF, period. Again, PATIENCE when reading the scriptures.

yeah it's about unbelief not a saved Christian losing their salvation.

Yeah, saw that in one of his recent videos - he said it's just a warning, and not an expose of a heretic or anything. I also didn't know Hoggard was backtracking on his pre-trib rapture beliefs.

Huh i hope not
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 22, 2013, 05:15:17 am »

i see one problem, the application is copyright and then it is open source software, i dont see how it could be both.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 22, 2013, 11:24:03 am »

Thank you guys, I did NOT see that! Sad Can't believe I missed that! And Hoggard has it COPYRIGHTED too, while putting it on a CLOUD?

Kilika, if you want, you can change the OP thread header to some kind of warning(or dump this thread altogether).
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #139 on: March 22, 2013, 04:44:29 pm »

Considering that both Blue Letter and e-Sword are reasonably acceptable to use, another is not needed I'd say. So dump it at your leisure.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 08, 2013, 12:19:40 am »

Okay?

A Warning About Mike Hoggard On Eternal Security

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4lO5yiAzOU&list=UU5k2gKT5wWo655t6XC7e-lg&index=1

I can NOT endorse Mike Hoggard until he begins to RIGHTLY DIVIDE the word of God. He is teaching a VERY false doctrine in relation to Eternal Security!
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 08, 2013, 02:56:06 pm »

Just viewed the video - pretty darn good one - yeah, we have to be very careful in particular with our own selves thinking that b/c we're saved, we have to somehow strive for a sinless life. This is NOT going to happen, period. Yes, we need to live holy lives and be an example to the brethren, but nonetheless we would be deceiving our own selves if we think we have to be sinless, otherwise we would be putting the cross of Christ to open shame.

With that being said - I saw the Hoggard video(part 1 of it) last month where he talks about eternal security/can we lose our salvation, and while I didn't catch it the first time around, Denlinger pointed out how he played word games(and didn't say "You can lose your salvation" directly). On the 2nd go around with the clips shown, I thought he was pretty subtle, and there were times where he would say one thing, and backtrack on it the next minute.

Report Spam   Logged
Christian40

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 09, 2013, 12:35:20 am »

The thing about his "Pastor Mike Online" show that it is on twice a week and he does it live where people can ask questions as he goes about anything at all. This is where he is making all his goofs and saying the wrong things because when he does a sermon or bible study he supports his statements with Bible verses as he actually well prepares for them. Anyway that is no real excuse for him to be saying what he likes. The best thing that Hoggard can do is repent of his false beliefs about losing eternal security, he should do a sermon where he explains his beliefs with scripture rather than just make wrong statements on his live show. He is a Pastor so he should know these things. I like the way that Delinger handles this video keying on the different things that Hoggard has said.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 13, 2013, 05:36:03 am »

Mike Hoggard - Anti-apostasy Teacher or the Next Harold Camping?

http://bibleconundrumsandcontroversy.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/mike-hoggard-anti-apostasy-teacher-or.html?m=1

http://bibleconundrumsandcontroversy.blogspot.com/2012/05/mike-hoggard-part-2-king-james-bible.html

http://bibleconundrumsandcontroversy.blogspot.com/2012/05/mike-hoggard-part-3-are-you-being_23.html
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 13, 2013, 05:40:03 am »

Mike Hoggard - The Watchman Has No Clothes (Part 1)

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 13, 2013, 11:30:32 am »

Mike Hoggard - The Watchman Has No Clothes (Part 2) Eternal Security

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 13, 2013, 01:11:23 pm »

These are 2 very good videos this guy made exposing Hoggard - yeah, this was a big issue over at PPF for a good while...a lot of self-profession Christians there would push this "man's perserverence works-based, after you get saved" Churchianity salvation(which is what the Free Will Baptists believe). And the few who would profess the grace alone, faith alone in Jesus Christ were the ones that got ostracized.

Also, was listening to the first 24 minutes of Hoggard's 10 Commandments preaching from 2 years ago(that the guy in the video talked about) - listen at the 20-24 minute mark...he says he hates it when people say we're not under the law anymore.
http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=829111042310
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #147 on: April 13, 2013, 03:05:04 pm »

he says he hates it when people say we're not under the law anymore.

Hmm, figures. He hates it because they aren't burdened by the law like he is to fulfill the whole law, which he can't because he's already sinned and come short of the glory of God.

Not sure what part of this he doesn't understand...

"If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed." John 8:36 (KJB)

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 14, 2013, 03:23:44 pm »

those three vids were pretty powerful!!! have to listen to them again. I wonder if Hoggard will reply to any?
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 14, 2013, 03:32:01 pm »

part 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnEmTgpONv4&list=UUiGAa3oj5eXRvSrjqj65aAA&index=1
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: