End Times and Current Events
December 02, 2021, 03:19:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Soul winning

Shoutbox
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
September 14, 2017, 04:31:26 am Christian40 says: i have thought that i'm reaping from past sins then my life has been impacted in ways from having non believers in my ancestry.
September 11, 2017, 06:59:33 am Psalm 51:17 says: The law of reaping and sowing. It's amazing how God's mercy and longsuffering has hovered over America so long. (ie, the infrastructure is very bad here b/c for many years, they were grossly underspent on. 1st Tim 6:10, the god of materialism has its roots firmly in the West) And remember once upon a time ago when shacking up b/w straight couples drew shock awe?

Exodus 20:5  Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Soul winning  (Read 2254 times)
William
« on: August 06, 2011, 11:12:51 am »

I had just stopped by my IFB church that I left because one of their daughters came home from Michicgan and their daughters (the Pastors) and my daughter were /are good friends. My daughter ended up leaving with them to go for Ice Cream and shopping...which left me alone with the Pastor and his wife.
At first in was superficial talk then the big question eventually came. I looked at him, put my legs up and said, we'll lets get to it I knew this was coming.
He asked my why I left the church, really felt bad that he may have done something and offended me, it was my turn to respond. I told him I felt that there was no place for my in the body of Christ in that church, being a divorced woman I felt I wasn't taken seriously , I also said I felt that church was asleep, the same few people who have attended for 20 years or more still need the milk of the Word, they just don't get it. God wants us to know prohecy and what is going on in the world that makes us certain of the closeness of the hour.
He said what can I do to make you stay, what would you like to do...? oh no, this was a hugh question!
My respond was #1 I'd like to teach a weekly study group on prophecy and how the times we live in relate to scripture, adding, however, I know I could only teach the woman if I stayed in this church,
#2 I hate being made to feel guilty if I can make it to church 4 times a week,  #3, I don't want to participate in any church that celebrates Saturnalia or Ishtar. #4. I don't agree with your dress code and # 5. I don't like the fact that you call my 15 year old daughter out from the podium and rebuke her for liking the "Beatles". the Holy Spirit will deal with that...I also mentioned, "Do you realize what your daughter's listen to.....wrap music etc...I have been on their face book sites."

I may have been a bit tough on him, but I was not going to allow myself to be dragged back into a church that God brought me out of.I spoke the truth and said I wasn't sure where God wanted me and I was waiting on Him, not leaving my Bible study or soul winning.
The next flag went up when he said, and "about soul winning, you need to be with us when we go out on Saturdays soul winning"  I let him know that the Lord hasn't limited me to Saturdays and was giving me opportunities every where I went as He led.

Then he brought up the scripture forsake not the assembling of yourselves together.....  I said, I love you both very much, but I don't believe this is where God wants me to assemble and brought up the 501-3c churches....it got a bit crazy then...but I held my ground. Even said , when I left this church I felt a great weight lifted from me and a new freedom to worship in Spirit and Truth.

This is not gossip, I am sharing this mainly because it was a most difficult thing to do, especially considering the love I have for them, but my love for God and His truth far outweighs all else.

So I far as soul winning, there is a great harvest out there and many ways to reach others, it is God that gives us the opportunities and the Words to speak.  We may plant, another water, but it is God that gives the increase.                        Blessings, Jackie

I'm sorry to hear that you had to leave that Church, well not really, but I know it can be hard. I'm guessing you had been there a long time?

I also left any Church I was in after I learned about the 501(C3) issue. The first Church I left, because they used the NIV, and me the King James. The next was because of 501C3, and also because as you said they celebrated "Christmas" or "Saturnalia."

May I ask how you normally witness? Do you just hand out tracts, or just talk to the first person you get a chance to do so, or convicted to talk about?

I'm only 18 almost 19 so not much older than your daughter really...and she probably knows more about the Bible than me I imagine  Wink

Of course I only got saved this year, and have had to work out a lot of bumbs and sin in my life. Just got back on track a few days ago...however right now I'm focusing on reading the Word, and praying and less witnessing, because I need to grow first...I suppose I still need the milk I have to be honest. I would like to be stronger knowing the times were going in to, but its God who holds me up, however I may not be able to witness much if things were to crash tomorrow.

I have been reading as I said mostly, and would like to witness, but I also think back as it says somewhere in Acts that after Paul got saved, and he was disputing with the Grecians that they sent him away for three years, and he studied during that time I believe. Maybe he did witness where he was, but for the most part he focused on the Word I imagine, and he was a Pharisee before!

I remember listing to one of Scott Johnson's teachings where he said a lot of these Pastors in America will send someone out as soon as they are saved, like: "Go preach!" and they haven't even read the Word, or studied much, or prayed yet and they are already being sent out to witness, and as Scott said they almost always fail and sometimes run away in fear if there is any persecution.

How could they properly witness if they don't know the Word either.

So far with my reading I have read...The Book of Revelation, John, Romans, Ephesians, 10 Chapters in Leviticus, a Psalm and Proverb per day, and will not start on Ezekiel today. I could work on praying more, but I suppose I love the Word so much I neglect prayer time for more reading.

Let me know your thoughts... Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: