End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 10:18:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Soul winning

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Soul winning  (Read 3701 times)
William
« on: August 11, 2011, 09:56:32 pm »

Speaking of Soul winning I tried to go talk to a woman yesterday on the 10th. I walked up to her car window as her children were playing on the swing sets, and she was messing with her Iphone, or something I think.

Well I handed her two tracks (which I later learned were a mistake, and will explain below.) and than proceeded to try and witness the Gospel to her. She pretty much took control of the conversation. I was able to talk a little, but couldn't get much in because she just kept talking, and talking.

She told me she was a former mormon, and since I know nothing of their beliefs I was kind of stuck in a hard place on that, but since she wasn't anymore I suppose it really wouldn't have helped. She mentioned some mega church she was in, and I was going to tell her about it, but I could get anything in, and kind of forgot about it, because she kept talking. I think the church she goes to is in Kansas City, but I'm not sure...She mentioned two Pastors. One a man, and one a woman. I don't remember the mans name, but the woman's was "Pastor Cathy," she called her.

I was going to call her out on that, and say there is no such thing as women Pastors. She used the King James Bible she said (I think mormons, and Jehovah's witnesses do also don't they? but there's have some things edited to it? she was a former mormon of course...)

I gave her the websites to "Biblefortoday.com, Local Bible Publishers website, and also the KJV store."

She already knew the KJV store, and said she had it as a favorite on her computer she thought, but shes always looking.

She said she didn't believe anyone could know for sure that they were saved. I shared I John 5:13 with her. I would say we talk 20 minutes, or so, and she probably talked like 18 of those, and me 2...

She talked circles around me, and made a fool out of me to be honest. I was baffled standing there, and didn't know what to say, or even what scriptures to say to her...I was stuck, and she just kept talking, and talking, and running circles around me where I couldn't get anywhere.

Than after this I went to the other park, and there were some people playing ball there. I was going to hand them some tracts, and go talk to them, when for whatever reason I turned one of the tracts over (They were all from Fellowship tract league. The website Bornagain, or Christian40 I think? posted earlier this year for free Gospel tracts.)

And began to read the back of the tract...something caught my eye, and the more I read I realized they were just telling people on these tracts to "Say the sinners prayer." and that was their actual words on one of those tracts. At that point I gave up being so discouraged from the talk with the women like 5 minutes ago on the other side of town at the other park, and headed back home feeling like a failure. I am far from being ready to witness to anyone  Sad

That is also reason I said earlier above that it was mistake I gave those tracts to her. At least now I know. I think even the Chick tracts do the same thing, or at least some of them, however they are slightly better, and i do have some, but i'll need to examine them for sure.

I don't want anyone to go to Hell, but it really looks like I can't witness effectually to them so they can escape it by Jesus Christ.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: