End Times and Current Events
March 29, 2024, 01:36:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Soul winning

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Soul winning  (Read 3707 times)
William
« on: August 12, 2011, 04:37:09 pm »

William, your heart is in the right place, and that is what counts. However, God willing, you won't make the mistake many do in thinking you must be running around witnessing to people. That's a trap of "works" that churchianity burdens their flocks with. Where ever the Spirit moves you is how to operate. Witnessing isn't a job, it's simply telling people about what you believe when the opportunity arises.

If a person is chatty, so what. You desire the best for them and God knows that. If they don't listen, that's on them, not you. In your walk, you'll experience all kinds of people and attitudes. Just wait till you experience the ones that want to threaten violence! Thank you Jesus those encounters will stir the Spirit! Been there, and Jesus brought me through them all.

Like Peter said, if God be for us, who can be against us?

I believe for a person to repent, they must be shown what they are repenting of so they can know what to ask for forgiveness of. They must be shown and taught, and a track WONT do that. It's just a tiny seed, that's it, but the unbelieving must have a person experienced in the Word to teach them the gospel. If they want to hear it, they will understand what they need as God sees fit, and God will lead them to His grace when they are ready.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, right? YOU may think you didn't witness at all and was a failure, but it doesn't matter what YOU do. It's all about what that person is ready for from God the Father, as HE sees fit. Thus we "walk by faith, and not by sight"!

What you experienced is common among the babes in Christ. So much enthusiasm, and so little learning to share, on top of taking matters into your own hands instead of walking by faith, and letting the Spirit guide you. Your not ready from what I can tell from what you've posted to go around trying to teach people. Just stick with talking to people about Jesus, and just trust that the Spirit will indeed end up speaking thorugh you, but you have to relax and have faith a given encounter will work together for the good. His Word will be shared through you as the Spirit moves you. Just let it happen.

Spend more time searching the sciptures and desiring fellowship. When your ready, God will know it. It will happen as He sees fit. I know it seems hard to let go and just let God direct you, but that is of faith. Running around town trying to talk to people about God isn't of faith. That's an act of works.

Consider how many times Jesus went to people to minister to them. How many? None that I can remember(correct me anybody if I'm wrong). They all came to Him, and when they did, Jesus preached the gospel to them as they were able to receive it, and if they didn't receive it, Jesus didn't stand there arguing with them, He simple moved on, shaking the dust off His feet.

"The just shall live by faith"

Well my motive was not works. My motive for speaking to her was love which we all know is the fulfilling of the law as it says somewhere in God's Scriptures. I was operating under love, because I was thinking if I didn't say anything she could possibly go to Hell if I didn't.

So I was trying to walk by love, but perhaps I need more faith when witnessing. I was only trying to warn them, but as I said it didn't work out well. I suppose I need to study more, but I also realize the time is short. Soon someday as it says in the Bible, "The Darkness cometh when no man can worketh."

And most people seem to be under the strong delusion. I have been wondering if maybe already we can't really work (except those who already have been working such as Scott Johnson, etc.)

They also seem to be given over to a reprobate mind, and I think God is letting them have what they want... Undecided

It's very hard to witness to anyone anymore it seems...
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: