End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 09:01:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Soul winning

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Soul winning  (Read 3699 times)
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2011, 04:15:55 am »

Good news! God loves you! He even sent His only begotten Son to save us all! But as much as God loves us all, do we all love each other? Now, if we love our fellow neighbours, there is one gift we can give them that is better than any other gift on earth – the gift of salvation.
But do we try to tell people about the Good News? A lot of us probably don’t. There are obstacles that prevent us from telling people about Jesus. You may ask, how will it affect a friendship if the other person doesn’t want to accept Jesus? Or how do you tell someone about Jesus at work, when you could be punished for “religious intolerance”? Maybe you don’t want to have people mocking you, and Christianity, when you try? Or maybe you do try, but nobody seems to listen to you? Or maybe you want to spread the Word, but you don’t know where to begin, or you think your knowledge won’t be enough to convince someone that Jesus is here to save them? And even if you know you have what it takes, maybe you don’t have the self-confidence to go out there and do it?
These are all fears that many Christians have. But God shall prevail. We as Christians should always be trying to win souls. The Bible speaks of wisdom and understanding quite a lot. It says

Proverbs 11:30 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.

When the Bible speaks of wise people, it doesn’t refer to people who know the capital city for every country on earth, or people who can speak 10 languages. People with understanding of the Word, people who win souls, they are the wise ones. In this world, people believe that wisdom comes from studying at university. If you’re a man in a white coat with a degree, you’re wise. Mostly those people are atheists, and scientists will spend many years looking for answers to life’s greatest questions, but they will not find them as they reject the Scriptures. The Bible has a nice passage for these people:

Romans 1:22-25 Professing themselves to be wise, they became
fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image
made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts,
and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to
uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their
own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into
a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator,
who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Did you get that? Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools. The world is full of atheists who study for many years, who can explain complex mathematical equations, who can draw molecular structures in their sleep. But the more they learn and the more clever they become, they start rejecting God and then look for answers in life; in any place they can find without God. Scientists come up with intelligent-sounding theories to desperately try to explain life without the presence of God, yet all they had to do was read the Bible and see the answers for themselves. Thus, people who are called wise by the people of the world have actually become fools!
Recently I have been trying hard to win some souls. At the time I feel like I’m on fire, but it drains you after a while. You would be amazed how people just don’t want to listen, and how they react when you give them proof.
But, the Bible said this will happen 2000 years ago already!

2 Peter 3:3-5 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days
scoffers, walking after their own lusts, and saying, Where is the
promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things
continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. For this they
willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of
old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

In other words, in the end of days (like, now!) there will be people who scoff at the Bible, who make fun of the Bible and make fun of Christians. The world is full of scoffers. These people walk after their own lusts; in other words, there is no scientific reason to reject God, but atheists simply want to commit sins without having a God to answer to. Many Catholics know that their popes and priests have twisted the Word of God terribly, but they love their comfort zone too much. For example, the parent of a work colleague of mine is a Catholic; he doesn’t believe in any of their doctrines, but enjoys playing the organ there so remains a Catholic. And above all, these people are willingy ignorant – in simple English, this means dumb on purpose!
We have quite some work to do. When witnessing to non-believers, remember that many are simply blinded by Satan, and it seems that nothing will make them see the Light. Just try though! One week I took on Muslims, then Catholics, then Atheists. With the Muslims, I pointed out problems in their faith, using the Koran. Everybody, including Christians, became upset with me for being “intolerant” because I asked some valid questions. Not once did I get an explanation why perhaps I was wrong; all I got was “You are wrong, read the Koran and become a Muslim”. With the Catholics, I would give them clear-cut proofs from the Bible, but they would simply deny everything I proved, before telling me I was a fallen man for not being in the Catholic Church. With Atheists, all they could say was “The Bible is rubbish”; when I gave them physical proof, scientific proof, all they could answer was “The Bible is rubbish”. The more I asked them questions and proved more things, they resorted to personal attacks. Of course there are people who will disagree with you, even if you make sense with what you’re saying. But when you give proof that is so clear that even a child can see it, and they still reject it, you know they are being kept blind by Satan.
Still, we must try to win them over. Jesus didn’t come to heal people who weren’t ill. When you are trying to spread the Word, not everyone will listen. Somebody will eventually. Along the way, you are bound to annoy someone. The Bible says in Matthew 5:13 that we are the salt of the earth. You see, salt preserves. The Word shall be preserved through us as followers; salt irritates, and in this world, people can get very annoyed when you give them the Word. Sometimes you can really feel hated by everyone! Also, think in terms of food; a little salt makes you thirsty, and it also makes food taste better.
Now, when you do this for a while, you will notice that most people you speak to about the Lord don’t agree with you, or simply don’t even want to listen. You can debate and fight for a whole week and still not win a person to Christ. Don’t get discouraged; there are plenty more fish in the sea! Also, the Bible tells you that if someone doesn’t want to listen to the Word, simply let them be and move on:

Matthew 10:14-15 - And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment, than for that city.

There are two reasons why you should take this Biblical advice. Firstly, as much as we are the salt of the earth, too much salt can also be counter-productive. Going back to food, if you put too much salt on something, it tastes bad and you won’t eat it anymore. The same goes for soul-winning. If you overwhelm people with all your knowledge and enthusiasm, it can actually put people off as well! And secondly, if you keep on speaking with the same person about faith, eventually you may compromise the Word. This is how the Catholic Church started!
Now, maybe you are wondering where to start with a non-believer. It really depends on who you’re speaking with, what they believe and where they come from. You need to have understanding. The Bible refers to people having understanding 156x. People say that knowledge is power; and yes, understanding is very important.
So here is my advice. First and foremost, get to know the Word for yourself. When you are debating with non-believers, they will ask you many questions, and you need to be able to answer them as best as you can. Also, live the Word. Nobody is perfect of course, but if the non-believers see that you can quote the Bible easily, but are clearly unhappy or you’re doing bad things in your life, they will see you as a hypocrite and that can also make them label all Christians as hypocrites. For example, if you tell an Atheist about Christian love, and then shortly afterwards get angry with someone, they will see that! Remember that non-believers think that Christians are do-gooders and try to be holier-than-thou, and so they believe we look down on non-Christians. I suggest you say from the beginning that we are all sinners, including yourself, so that nobody can accuse you of criticizing them while making yourself look good.
Also, I advise you to research other religions, so that you understand who you’re dealing with. Get information and read about what their beliefs are, and then compare them with what the Bible says. That way, when you debate them, you can be careful not to fall prey to their cult, but also you can debate them on their beliefs. For example, if you try to witness to Catholics, they will say that they believe in Jesus too, and only revere Mary. If you didn’t do your homework, you will think they are Christians too and so you don’t need to discuss further. But if you know their beliefs, and you know why they are anti-Christian beliefs, you can begin to debate them and try to win them to Christ. Or if you are dealing with a Muslim or Hindu, understand what they believe in and why; so that when they say that we all worship the same God, you can say “Oh no we don’t!” and tell them why. And if you are speaking with an Atheist, don’t bother starting with Bible quotes because they don’t respect the Bible and have some very disturbing perceptions of Christianity; rather talk to them in terms of logic, so that they see how dumb it is to reject God, and only use Bible verses to prove things logically or scientifically; Scripture comes later. And although you should really study for yourselves, there are some great resources out there that make it a lot easier for you to learn.
My other advice is to use the Creation. I find this to be a brilliant tool when debating people, especially with Atheists and other people who think they know it all. People who reject God almost always believe in evolution, the big bang theory and that the universe is billions of years old; but they don’t know the facts behind those theories. Also, people who believe in that will also believe that they are evolved animals who will just die one day and rot away in the ground; as a former Atheist, I can tell you that people who don’t have God are often miserable inside, can be very bitter and unforgiving, and are secretly longing inside for answers, even if they don’t show it on the outside. But even as they are blinded by Satan and seem unable to accept the Gospel, with enough logic and enough scientific proof that the Creation is the correct story, and evolution is impossible, in time it should hopefully sink in eventually. Also try to keep it entertaining for them, as they are very likely to forget about it all and just carry on as they were.
And for when you get discouraged, after speaking to many non-believers and not seeing instant results, remember that the Lord works in mysterious ways. For example, if you have a written debate with a non-believer who just will not accept Jesus; remember that generally other people will see the debate and can be influenced. Or maybe you speak to a Christian about a topic that they never thought of, and that person speaks to someone else about it and saves them; or even if you witness to someone and they reject what you say, it may still plant a seed, so that when somebody else speaks to them, they remember what you said and are more likely to accept it as more than one person is saying the same thing. In those cases, the soul-winning still started with you!
We are humans, we want to see results and we want them quickly; boy, does it irritate me when I can’t see someone change instantly! But that’s not the way it always happens. Just stay calm, don’t get influenced by the people who believe in other things, and your first souls will come soon enough.

Finally, just a thought I wanted to share with you. Many Christians avoid debates and soul-winning as they don’t want to be a nuisance, they don’t want to cause trouble. Here every Saturday there are Jehovah’s Witnesses walking through the Road, trying hard to lead people to their cult. Just imagine, if they convert just 1 person every weekend, that’s 52 people that are being led into hell every year. We could have been saving those souls instead! So I have a suggestion; think of a way that you as a person, or as a group, can win souls.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Believer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 08:51:38 am »

301 Startling Proofs & Prophecies Proving That God Exists

http://www.pinpointevangelism.com/301StartlingProofsAndProphecies-ProvingGodExists.pdf

I love this pdf, it gives you a good list of topics to work from to help witness:

Table of Contents

Part 1: Startling Proofs

Creation of the Universe…..…………………………………………..…..….1
A Young or Old Universe?..…………………………………….…………..12
Evidence of Design?..……………………………………….………………39
Darwin’s Theory of Evolution...……….……………………………………60
The Fossil Record and Missing Links………………………………………85
Geological Columns and Fossil Dating…...…………………………………99
Noah and the Flood………………….……………………………………..102
Where Did We Come From?........................................................................120
What About the Dinosaurs?..........................................................................131
The Scientific Accuracy of the Bible.……………………………………..133
Archaeology and the Bible………….……………………………………..148
The Historical Accuracy of the Bible.……………………………………..159

Part 2: Startling Prophecies

Prophecies about Israel……….……………………………………………200
The Russian Invasion of Israel.………………...…………………………..212
Hi-Tech Prophecies………………………………………………………...220
Prophecies of the New World Order……………………………………….233
Prophecies about the Natural World….…………………………………….246
Religion and Religious Deception………………………………………….256
Prophecies about the Birth of Jesus….……………………………………..264
Prophecies about the Cross…………………………………………………2
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 01:24:32 am »

What does it mean to witness?

In Matthew 4:19, Jesus gave some fisherman a rather strange proposition. “Follow me,” He said, “and I will make you fishers of men.” What could He possibly mean? How can one “catch” men? A simple reading of the book of Acts will give us the answer. Jesus wanted these men to become soulwinners!

It is the call and duty of every born again believer to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with lost sinners.

We read in the book of Romans, chapter 10, “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? ... So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”

Witnessing is not only for missionaries and pastors. Are you saved? Then witnessing is YOUR responsibility too. The world is dying and going to Hell. Souls are Dying.

How can you reach them? Read on and learn about the many tools at your disposal in the effort to win souls!

http://www.soulwinning.info/
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 01:30:19 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j9yNtj_VuE&feature=player_embedded

It is incredible to think that even though the Bible is the world's number one best seller it is probably the most neglected, abused, and criticized book in history. Some see it as nothing more than a fiction or piece of fantasy. Others have tried to literally rid the world of as many Bibles as possible, such as some satanic groups, for example, who engage in "Bible burning". Others still, in the cults, twist the contents of this book for their own purposes. Despite this, the Bible remains as a remarkable book. It has changed the lives of millions throughout history. But How do we know the Bible is a reliable book? Can we examine any pointers that actually indicate that the Bible is truly what it even claims to be, the inspired Word of God? Let us take a look at the Bible witnesses enlisted in this video: 1. Bible Unity 2. The Fulfillment of Bible prophecies 3. The Historicity of the Bible 4. The Integrity of its human authors 5. The Indestructibility of the Bible 6. Scientific accuracy 7. The Bible changes life 8. Skeptics have been convinced
Report Spam   Logged
jackie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 08:12:25 am »

I had just stopped by my IFB church that I left because one of their daughters came home from Michicgan and their daughters (the Pastors) and my daughter were /are good friends. My daughter ended up leaving with them to go for Ice Cream and shopping...which left me alone with the Pastor and his wife.
At first in was superficial talk then the big question eventually came. I looked at him, put my legs up and said, we'll lets get to it I knew this was coming.
He asked my why I left the church, really felt bad that he may have done something and offended me, it was my turn to respond. I told him I felt that there was no place for my in the body of Christ in that church, being a divorced woman I felt I wasn't taken seriously , I also said I felt that church was asleep, the same few people who have attended for 20 years or more still need the milk of the Word, they just don't get it. God wants us to know prohecy and what is going on in the world that makes us certain of the closeness of the hour.
He said what can I do to make you stay, what would you like to do...? oh no, this was a hugh question!
My respond was #1 I'd like to teach a weekly study group on prophecy and how the times we live in relate to scripture, adding, however, I know I could only teach the woman if I stayed in this church,
#2 I hate being made to feel guilty if I can make it to church 4 times a week,  #3, I don't want to participate in any church that celebrates Saturnalia or Ishtar. #4. I don't agree with your dress code and # 5. I don't like the fact that you call my 15 year old daughter out from the podium and rebuke her for liking the "Beatles". the Holy Spirit will deal with that...I also mentioned, "Do you realize what your daughter's listen to.....wrap music etc...I have been on their face book sites."

I may have been a bit tough on him, but I was not going to allow myself to be dragged back into a church that God brought me out of.I spoke the truth and said I wasn't sure where God wanted me and I was waiting on Him, not leaving my Bible study or soul winning.
The next flag went up when he said, and "about soul winning, you need to be with us when we go out on Saturdays soul winning"  I let him know that the Lord hasn't limited me to Saturdays and was giving me opportunities every where I went as He led.

Then he brought up the scripture forsake not the assembling of yourselves together.....  I said, I love you both very much, but I don't believe this is where God wants me to assemble and brought up the 501-3c churches....it got a bit crazy then...but I held my ground. Even said , when I left this church I felt a great weight lifted from me and a new freedom to worship in Spirit and Truth.

This is not gossip, I am sharing this mainly because it was a most difficult thing to do, especially considering the love I have for them, but my love for God and His truth far outweighs all else.

So I far as soul winning, there is a great harvest out there and many ways to reach others, it is God that gives us the opportunities and the Words to speak.  We may plant, another water, but it is God that gives the increase.                        Blessings, Jackie

Report Spam   Logged

Matt 24:42 "Watch therefor: for you know not what hour your Lord doth come."
William
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 11:12:51 am »

I had just stopped by my IFB church that I left because one of their daughters came home from Michicgan and their daughters (the Pastors) and my daughter were /are good friends. My daughter ended up leaving with them to go for Ice Cream and shopping...which left me alone with the Pastor and his wife.
At first in was superficial talk then the big question eventually came. I looked at him, put my legs up and said, we'll lets get to it I knew this was coming.
He asked my why I left the church, really felt bad that he may have done something and offended me, it was my turn to respond. I told him I felt that there was no place for my in the body of Christ in that church, being a divorced woman I felt I wasn't taken seriously , I also said I felt that church was asleep, the same few people who have attended for 20 years or more still need the milk of the Word, they just don't get it. God wants us to know prohecy and what is going on in the world that makes us certain of the closeness of the hour.
He said what can I do to make you stay, what would you like to do...? oh no, this was a hugh question!
My respond was #1 I'd like to teach a weekly study group on prophecy and how the times we live in relate to scripture, adding, however, I know I could only teach the woman if I stayed in this church,
#2 I hate being made to feel guilty if I can make it to church 4 times a week,  #3, I don't want to participate in any church that celebrates Saturnalia or Ishtar. #4. I don't agree with your dress code and # 5. I don't like the fact that you call my 15 year old daughter out from the podium and rebuke her for liking the "Beatles". the Holy Spirit will deal with that...I also mentioned, "Do you realize what your daughter's listen to.....wrap music etc...I have been on their face book sites."

I may have been a bit tough on him, but I was not going to allow myself to be dragged back into a church that God brought me out of.I spoke the truth and said I wasn't sure where God wanted me and I was waiting on Him, not leaving my Bible study or soul winning.
The next flag went up when he said, and "about soul winning, you need to be with us when we go out on Saturdays soul winning"  I let him know that the Lord hasn't limited me to Saturdays and was giving me opportunities every where I went as He led.

Then he brought up the scripture forsake not the assembling of yourselves together.....  I said, I love you both very much, but I don't believe this is where God wants me to assemble and brought up the 501-3c churches....it got a bit crazy then...but I held my ground. Even said , when I left this church I felt a great weight lifted from me and a new freedom to worship in Spirit and Truth.

This is not gossip, I am sharing this mainly because it was a most difficult thing to do, especially considering the love I have for them, but my love for God and His truth far outweighs all else.

So I far as soul winning, there is a great harvest out there and many ways to reach others, it is God that gives us the opportunities and the Words to speak.  We may plant, another water, but it is God that gives the increase.                        Blessings, Jackie

I'm sorry to hear that you had to leave that Church, well not really, but I know it can be hard. I'm guessing you had been there a long time?

I also left any Church I was in after I learned about the 501(C3) issue. The first Church I left, because they used the NIV, and me the King James. The next was because of 501C3, and also because as you said they celebrated "Christmas" or "Saturnalia."

May I ask how you normally witness? Do you just hand out tracts, or just talk to the first person you get a chance to do so, or convicted to talk about?

I'm only 18 almost 19 so not much older than your daughter really...and she probably knows more about the Bible than me I imagine  Wink

Of course I only got saved this year, and have had to work out a lot of bumbs and sin in my life. Just got back on track a few days ago...however right now I'm focusing on reading the Word, and praying and less witnessing, because I need to grow first...I suppose I still need the milk I have to be honest. I would like to be stronger knowing the times were going in to, but its God who holds me up, however I may not be able to witness much if things were to crash tomorrow.

I have been reading as I said mostly, and would like to witness, but I also think back as it says somewhere in Acts that after Paul got saved, and he was disputing with the Grecians that they sent him away for three years, and he studied during that time I believe. Maybe he did witness where he was, but for the most part he focused on the Word I imagine, and he was a Pharisee before!

I remember listing to one of Scott Johnson's teachings where he said a lot of these Pastors in America will send someone out as soon as they are saved, like: "Go preach!" and they haven't even read the Word, or studied much, or prayed yet and they are already being sent out to witness, and as Scott said they almost always fail and sometimes run away in fear if there is any persecution.

How could they properly witness if they don't know the Word either.

So far with my reading I have read...The Book of Revelation, John, Romans, Ephesians, 10 Chapters in Leviticus, a Psalm and Proverb per day, and will not start on Ezekiel today. I could work on praying more, but I suppose I love the Word so much I neglect prayer time for more reading.

Let me know your thoughts... Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2011, 04:07:41 am »

I remember listening to one of Scott Johnson's teachings where he said a lot of these Pastors in America will send someone out as soon as they are saved, like: "Go preach!" and they haven't even read the Word, or studied much, or prayed yet and they are already being sent out to witness, and as Scott said they almost always fail and sometimes run away in fear if there is any persecution.

How could they properly witness if they don't know the Word either.

So far with my reading I have read...The Book of Revelation, John, Romans, Ephesians, 10 Chapters in Leviticus, a Psalm and Proverb per day, and will not start on Ezekiel today. I could work on praying more, but I suppose I love the Word so much I neglect prayer time for more reading.

I think it is usually a mistake to preach just after being saved because of a lack of knowledge. But some people are so joyful after being saved that they have to tell everyone! I remember one fellow that got saved and he was ringing his family and lots of people on the telephone to tell them about his decision to be a Christian and read the Bible. Yeah a pretty good memory to dwell on.

Yes, you are doing well in your reading plan, when you pray just ask God to give you enlightenment on what you are reading. I find that i learn best by focusing on a topic and then reading the Bible verses for that topic, i listen to sermons for that reason. Praying can be harder than what it seems, there are so many people that can be prayed for and your flesh will battle you, you may be tired etc. As Dr Johnson says fasting and praying is very powerful spiritually. I would start of with an easy sort of fast if you begin. There are different sorts of fasts. And yes God answers prayer and if it is no then that is fine. I have had occasions where God has answered prayer immediately! God loves it when you talk to Him. Amen.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 04:16:44 am by Christian40 » Report Spam   Logged
jackie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2011, 05:12:30 pm »

William, I let the Holy Spirit lead me as any opportunities come that He puts before me. I use the Word (usually will quote a scripture) because the Word Of God is alive and powerful and it does not return void but accomplishes what God sent it out to do. My favorite way is to use the law as a school master so people can see that they are a sinner in need of a Savior.
Ex: Can I ask you a question?'
Sure
What do you think will happen to you when you die?
I think I'll go to heaven, I'm a pretty good person, I try to do good to others?
Can I ask you another question?
Sure
Have you ever stole anything, anything at all, maybe a pen from your co workers desk, maybe a roll of tape and gauze from the emergency room, anything??
well, yea, I have
another question, have you ever told a lie? tell me the truth here.
yes, but they were only little lies.
Well the Bible says no thief or liar can enter the kingdom of God  and you just told me you are a lieing thief  lol  , so what does that mean, if God himself says that.
they may shrug their shoulders or look puzzled.
Now the door is opened to present them with ....well I am a thief and liar too, and probably done a lot worse than you, the Word of God says there is none righteous , not one of us.  But here is the Good News.... talk to them about John 3:16 and the Holy Spirit will led you from there, at least that works for me.   If you have a tract you can give them one , you can pray with them or they just may walk away from the start.  But at least you will know you have done what the Lord has required and planted the seed, pray that God will send another to water that seed and for God to give the increase.

I am sure others have their own way that work for them too....just sharing what you asked me.  Bless you, Jackie
Report Spam   Logged

William
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 09:56:32 pm »

Speaking of Soul winning I tried to go talk to a woman yesterday on the 10th. I walked up to her car window as her children were playing on the swing sets, and she was messing with her Iphone, or something I think.

Well I handed her two tracks (which I later learned were a mistake, and will explain below.) and than proceeded to try and witness the Gospel to her. She pretty much took control of the conversation. I was able to talk a little, but couldn't get much in because she just kept talking, and talking.

She told me she was a former mormon, and since I know nothing of their beliefs I was kind of stuck in a hard place on that, but since she wasn't anymore I suppose it really wouldn't have helped. She mentioned some mega church she was in, and I was going to tell her about it, but I could get anything in, and kind of forgot about it, because she kept talking. I think the church she goes to is in Kansas City, but I'm not sure...She mentioned two Pastors. One a man, and one a woman. I don't remember the mans name, but the woman's was "Pastor Cathy," she called her.

I was going to call her out on that, and say there is no such thing as women Pastors. She used the King James Bible she said (I think mormons, and Jehovah's witnesses do also don't they? but there's have some things edited to it? she was a former mormon of course...)

I gave her the websites to "Biblefortoday.com, Local Bible Publishers website, and also the KJV store."

She already knew the KJV store, and said she had it as a favorite on her computer she thought, but shes always looking.

She said she didn't believe anyone could know for sure that they were saved. I shared I John 5:13 with her. I would say we talk 20 minutes, or so, and she probably talked like 18 of those, and me 2...

She talked circles around me, and made a fool out of me to be honest. I was baffled standing there, and didn't know what to say, or even what scriptures to say to her...I was stuck, and she just kept talking, and talking, and running circles around me where I couldn't get anywhere.

Than after this I went to the other park, and there were some people playing ball there. I was going to hand them some tracts, and go talk to them, when for whatever reason I turned one of the tracts over (They were all from Fellowship tract league. The website Bornagain, or Christian40 I think? posted earlier this year for free Gospel tracts.)

And began to read the back of the tract...something caught my eye, and the more I read I realized they were just telling people on these tracts to "Say the sinners prayer." and that was their actual words on one of those tracts. At that point I gave up being so discouraged from the talk with the women like 5 minutes ago on the other side of town at the other park, and headed back home feeling like a failure. I am far from being ready to witness to anyone  Sad

That is also reason I said earlier above that it was mistake I gave those tracts to her. At least now I know. I think even the Chick tracts do the same thing, or at least some of them, however they are slightly better, and i do have some, but i'll need to examine them for sure.

I don't want anyone to go to Hell, but it really looks like I can't witness effectually to them so they can escape it by Jesus Christ.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2011, 04:09:46 am »

I gave her the websites to "Biblefortoday.com, Local Bible Publishers website, and also the KJV store."

That was good.

She said she didn't believe anyone could know for sure that they were saved. I shared I John 5:13 with her. I would say we talk 20 minutes, or so, and she probably talked like 18 of those, and me 2...

She was talking herself out of a corner! If people want to do all the talking then it seems they need a lesson in how to listen to others.

I don't want anyone to go to Hell, but it really looks like I can't witness effectually to them so they can escape it by Jesus Christ.

You are just starting out dont be hard on yourself. The more experience you get the better you will preach. You can witness to them. You have the knowledge in the KJV. Just ask them: today do you know if you are going to Heaven or Hell ? And then explain your beliefs and let them explain theres.

The website for free tracts is: http://www.fellowshiptractleague.org/

I think if you say the sinners prayer to someone then that person has to be ready and by that they need to repent of there sins first! That is why there are many prisoners and military people that come to the Lord, because they know that they are sinners! and need forgiveness.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2011, 01:53:23 pm »

William, your heart is in the right place, and that is what counts. However, God willing, you won't make the mistake many do in thinking you must be running around witnessing to people. That's a trap of "works" that churchianity burdens their flocks with. Where ever the Spirit moves you is how to operate. Witnessing isn't a job, it's simply telling people about what you believe when the opportunity arises.

If a person is chatty, so what. You desire the best for them and God knows that. If they don't listen, that's on them, not you. In your walk, you'll experience all kinds of people and attitudes. Just wait till you experience the ones that want to threaten violence! Thank you Jesus those encounters will stir the Spirit! Been there, and Jesus brought me through them all.

Like Peter said, if God be for us, who can be against us?

I believe for a person to repent, they must be shown what they are repenting of so they can know what to ask for forgiveness of. They must be shown and taught, and a track WONT do that. It's just a tiny seed, that's it, but the unbelieving must have a person experienced in the Word to teach them the gospel. If they want to hear it, they will understand what they need as God sees fit, and God will lead them to His grace when they are ready.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, right? YOU may think you didn't witness at all and was a failure, but it doesn't matter what YOU do. It's all about what that person is ready for from God the Father, as HE sees fit. Thus we "walk by faith, and not by sight"!

What you experienced is common among the babes in Christ. So much enthusiasm, and so little learning to share, on top of taking matters into your own hands instead of walking by faith, and letting the Spirit guide you. Your not ready from what I can tell from what you've posted to go around trying to teach people. Just stick with talking to people about Jesus, and just trust that the Spirit will indeed end up speaking thorugh you, but you have to relax and have faith a given encounter will work together for the good. His Word will be shared through you as the Spirit moves you. Just let it happen.

Spend more time searching the sciptures and desiring fellowship. When your ready, God will know it. It will happen as He sees fit. I know it seems hard to let go and just let God direct you, but that is of faith. Running around town trying to talk to people about God isn't of faith. That's an act of works.

Consider how many times Jesus went to people to minister to them. How many? None that I can remember(correct me anybody if I'm wrong). They all came to Him, and when they did, Jesus preached the gospel to them as they were able to receive it, and if they didn't receive it, Jesus didn't stand there arguing with them, He simple moved on, shaking the dust off His feet.

"The just shall live by faith"
Report Spam   Logged
Believer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2011, 03:58:26 pm »

Great post, K!  And we also have to remember that we will not always know who we have touched or not, putting me in mind of the video Dok posted, "The Man From George Street".  Even though you may plant the seed, the Lord may guide them to another to help them on their path towards His son.  As long as we are living the life of Christ and shining His light through our lives there is no doubt that our simple day to day 'living' may touch someone's life and we had no idea.  It's even better when our lives lead them to ask us why we smile or why are we so happy when life is so hard to tolerate.  When that happens that's when all we've learned is put to use and we can share with an open mind and heart. 
Report Spam   Logged
William
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2011, 04:37:09 pm »

William, your heart is in the right place, and that is what counts. However, God willing, you won't make the mistake many do in thinking you must be running around witnessing to people. That's a trap of "works" that churchianity burdens their flocks with. Where ever the Spirit moves you is how to operate. Witnessing isn't a job, it's simply telling people about what you believe when the opportunity arises.

If a person is chatty, so what. You desire the best for them and God knows that. If they don't listen, that's on them, not you. In your walk, you'll experience all kinds of people and attitudes. Just wait till you experience the ones that want to threaten violence! Thank you Jesus those encounters will stir the Spirit! Been there, and Jesus brought me through them all.

Like Peter said, if God be for us, who can be against us?

I believe for a person to repent, they must be shown what they are repenting of so they can know what to ask for forgiveness of. They must be shown and taught, and a track WONT do that. It's just a tiny seed, that's it, but the unbelieving must have a person experienced in the Word to teach them the gospel. If they want to hear it, they will understand what they need as God sees fit, and God will lead them to His grace when they are ready.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, right? YOU may think you didn't witness at all and was a failure, but it doesn't matter what YOU do. It's all about what that person is ready for from God the Father, as HE sees fit. Thus we "walk by faith, and not by sight"!

What you experienced is common among the babes in Christ. So much enthusiasm, and so little learning to share, on top of taking matters into your own hands instead of walking by faith, and letting the Spirit guide you. Your not ready from what I can tell from what you've posted to go around trying to teach people. Just stick with talking to people about Jesus, and just trust that the Spirit will indeed end up speaking thorugh you, but you have to relax and have faith a given encounter will work together for the good. His Word will be shared through you as the Spirit moves you. Just let it happen.

Spend more time searching the sciptures and desiring fellowship. When your ready, God will know it. It will happen as He sees fit. I know it seems hard to let go and just let God direct you, but that is of faith. Running around town trying to talk to people about God isn't of faith. That's an act of works.

Consider how many times Jesus went to people to minister to them. How many? None that I can remember(correct me anybody if I'm wrong). They all came to Him, and when they did, Jesus preached the gospel to them as they were able to receive it, and if they didn't receive it, Jesus didn't stand there arguing with them, He simple moved on, shaking the dust off His feet.

"The just shall live by faith"

Well my motive was not works. My motive for speaking to her was love which we all know is the fulfilling of the law as it says somewhere in God's Scriptures. I was operating under love, because I was thinking if I didn't say anything she could possibly go to Hell if I didn't.

So I was trying to walk by love, but perhaps I need more faith when witnessing. I was only trying to warn them, but as I said it didn't work out well. I suppose I need to study more, but I also realize the time is short. Soon someday as it says in the Bible, "The Darkness cometh when no man can worketh."

And most people seem to be under the strong delusion. I have been wondering if maybe already we can't really work (except those who already have been working such as Scott Johnson, etc.)

They also seem to be given over to a reprobate mind, and I think God is letting them have what they want... Undecided

It's very hard to witness to anyone anymore it seems...
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2011, 02:39:00 am »

Sure, I understand what your intentions were and are. We all desire to walk by faith. My point is that none of us are perfect and each of us do at times get caught up in trying to save souls for Jesus when it is Jesus that does the saving. Like I said, Jesus knows your heart, and I believe He will give you what you can bare.

No doubt the world is given over to a reprobate mind, but that is nothing new. But I don't thinnk it's hard to witness to people though. All your doing is talking to people that want to talk about Jesus. If they don't listen, that's their problem, not yours. We want everyone to be saved, but that simply won't happen due to the hardness of their hearts. That hard fact is part of why I think Jesus told the man to let the dead bury the dead. Jesus wasn't being indifferent really, but just telling the hard facts. Jesus was telling the man the truth.

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose." Romans 8:28 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2011, 04:28:54 am »

They also seem to be given over to a reprobate mind, and I think God is letting them have what they want...

It's very hard to witness to anyone anymore it seems...

The main thing is that it has always been hard to get unsaved people to listen to the Gospel. I mean there were many that didn't even listen to the Lord Jesus and He was the perfect preacher!

God can easily do miracles though, get ready for a surprise sometime! I have found at certain times people will listen to the Gospel even if they are anti-God.

I was listening to a sermon by Bryan Delinger and he said that if America's economy crashes so that America is a third world country then there will be even greater opportunity for people to listen to the Gospel. Well that is good news as i think America has and will crash pretty bad financially.
Report Spam   Logged
jackie

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2011, 10:01:24 pm »

William , bless you heart, you really are taking this seriously and are not just a hearer of the Word but a doer also. Just keep doing your best and let the Holy Spirit lead you. Pray silently before you speak , that God wold prepare the soil of the hearts and give you the wisdom to say what He wants you to.
The more Scripture you know the easier it become as the Holy Spirit will give you what to say, remember the Word is alive and powerful and does not return void.
Also it is a good idea to know a little bit about other faith and their doctrinal error, ie: Jehovah Witnesses don't believe in the deity of Christ, Mormons believe that Jesus and Lucifer are brothers and that e all have the chance to be Gods, and we will procreate in heaven, Calvanist don't believe in free will, Four Square believe the husband and wife are both pastors and relish in speaking in tongues and being slain in the spirit. the list goes on and on....you could do a quick study on each faith and find scripture to refute their beliefs, but the most important thing while witnessing is love.
Here's a site that may help you : http://www.rickross.com/
Don't forget to look up all the pagan roots of Roman Catholicism.  Hope this helps.
Report Spam   Logged

William
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2011, 10:14:12 pm »

William , bless you heart, you really are taking this seriously and are not just a hearer of the Word but a doer also. Just keep doing your best and let the Holy Spirit lead you. Pray silently before you speak , that God wold prepare the soil of the hearts and give you the wisdom to say what He wants you to.
The more Scripture you know the easier it become as the Holy Spirit will give you what to say, remember the Word is alive and powerful and does not return void.
Also it is a good idea to know a little bit about other faith and their doctrinal error, ie: Jehovah Witnesses don't believe in the deity of Christ, Mormons believe that Jesus and Lucifer are brothers and that e all have the chance to be Gods, and we will procreate in heaven, Calvanist don't believe in free will, Four Square believe the husband and wife are both pastors and relish in speaking in tongues and being slain in the spirit. the list goes on and on....you could do a quick study on each faith and find scripture to refute their beliefs, but the most important thing while witnessing is love.
Here's a site that may help you : http://www.rickross.com/
Don't forget to look up all the pagan roots of Roman Catholicism.  Hope this helps.

Thanks Jackie. I try my best, but wish I could do better. I did set some Gospel tracts in the bathroom at that park, and I have checked them like twice since I went back there. It looks like they were moved, and that someone might have taken some. However the last like two times I have been to the park I forgot to take Gospel tracts on me. Forgetting a piece of my armour. (My feet shod with the gospel)

There were some people up there one day drinking beer as I saw there bottles in their hands, and could even hear them cussing, etc. You know how people who drink act like. He was telling this other guy, "Yeah that whole area didn't have those swing sets, etc," and stuff like that. They just have that different attitude like "life is all good," or something  Roll Eyes

I wish I would have said something, and felt bad I didn't, but didn't have any gospel tracts. They left very quickly after I showed up as well as someone else showed up, but that's some more lost souls  Sad

Than today I saw a guy with his like two or three year old daughter, and a little baby in this stroller enclosed type thing. No tracts...and I was struggling with some other things at the time that I just went home.

However I did finally go over to my neighbour behind us and gave them two chick tracts, along with two from fellowship tract league, AND I put on the back of those the websites to: Scott Johnson's website, Bible Believers Fellowship website (Bryan Delinger & Jessie Delesski, & others) and I put Local bible Publishers, and Biblefortoday.com

I really stuggle getting the right words, and have a hard time talking to people. For one its, because i don't know enough scriptures, or have much knowledge about cults (By the way thank you for that resource. I will have to pick one, and study up on them. Since I might leave tomorrow for Kansas I can stop by my Grandma's which is a Catholic, and will probably study up on them first seeing as their is like over one billion or more of them out there.)

I just have a hard time talking to people, and I am getting a little more bolder, but I suppose its because I probably try to use my words to much. I want to use scripture, but I really need to study, and memorize a whole lot more to be effective. That's why I don't talk to most people is, because i don't have tracts, and even sometimes when I have them I seem to fail talking.

I did get some tracts with those websites to my uncle today. Thankfully I got them into his hand, because in the past I was over at his house, and he had his door locked, and came to it, and asked what they were, and said he didn't want them.

Today I told him to wait while I went to get him something (As I had to write the sites out) and was hoping he would be patient. I got outside, when he was already pulling out the driveway, and going down the road back to his house (he lives close in town near us as our town is a small population of 500,) and I took off on my bike after him to get them in his hands...and made it as he was just getting out of his car, because its impossible to reach him once hes inside of his house as he won't awnser the door, and ignores you. I don't even like being in his house, because I get a conviction about it, and one day I just went back outside, and than shortly went home.

My uncle is an Atheist, or at least claims to be. He has rock posters up on his walls in his house of like "Ozzy ozborne...pantera...and other people... Undecided  He even has one of those "dolls" from the movie "SAW" and that thing freaks me out. As I said i don't like being in his house, and if I ever go over I normally stay outside on his porch, or in the yard. I don't go over very much.

However thankfully I did get them into his hands, and hopefully the Holy Ghost, and Jesus Christ, and the Father will work on his heart, and open his eyes to see the truth...however I do think he has a lot of demonic baggage on him.

But back to what I was saying...Yeah i just don't have the I was able to get them into their hands as well. If I can't talk the LEAST I can do is direct them towards the truth, and than its up to them to pursue it. God will also bring the increase in them. I did mess up today though, because when I was hurrying on my bike to take those tracts over to my uncle I saw two women walking down the street, and coming from the street I took to my uncles house. I got kind of a conviction to give the tracts to them instead. However I didn't obey, and took them to my uncle not being fully sure of the conviction. I messed up real big, and that's two souls that could of possibly got saved, and believed the Word of God. I'm going to pray I see them tomorrow, before I leave, but if I don't... Cry

At the same time I keep hitting a brick wall with myself as I doubt my own salvation, but I suppose a saved person wouldn't be going around handing out Gospel tracts, and trying to witness to them...would be somewhat absurd. Though I know there are people out there that do go witness its more so they can recruit for their cults more than getting souls saved.

I don't want anyone to burn...the last thing I want is for someone to go to Hell. You just want to grab them by the arm, and forcefully yank them out you know?

God cares about these souls...I care about them through the Lord Jesus Christ. I need to work out some things with myself, and grow stronger in the Lord, but I know the time is short too...hopefully the Lord will provide more time...and be just a little more longsuffering though no one deserves it. I know if I got what I deserved, and if anyone deserved Hell I would be one of them  Undecided

I have been praying a little as you said before i walk up to the people, but its normally after I have given the tract to them, than I pray for God to open their eyes, and heart. I wish I could show more love, and have more love, and be more effective, but I am young in Christ, and I know I need to work out some things with the flesh.

Jesus Christ Bless you Jackie.
Report Spam   Logged
William
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2011, 10:34:59 pm »

Sure, I understand what your intentions were and are. We all desire to walk by faith. My point is that none of us are perfect and each of us do at times get caught up in trying to save souls for Jesus when it is Jesus that does the saving. Like I said, Jesus knows your heart, and I believe He will give you what you can bare.

No doubt the world is given over to a reprobate mind, but that is nothing new. But I don't thinnk it's hard to witness to people though. All your doing is talking to people that want to talk about Jesus. If they don't listen, that's their problem, not yours. We want everyone to be saved, but that simply won't happen due to the hardness of their hearts. That hard fact is part of why I think Jesus told the man to let the dead bury the dead. Jesus wasn't being indifferent really, but just telling the hard facts. Jesus was telling the man the truth.

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose." Romans 8:28 (KJB)

I understand what you mean by its not of works, however Jesus did give us a command to try, and preach the Gospel to every creature. I just try to reach as many as I can out of love. It says in Jude that "some pull out with fear hating even the garment spotted by the flesh." I think. (Paraphrasing the verse) and you know I really would enjoy for people to get saved, because you know what the greatest reward of all will be? It will be when that person comes up to you in Heaven, and says: "Hey thank you man! for giving that Gospel tract, or taking time out to witness to me so that I could spend eternity with Jesus Christ, and you, and our brethren forever, and ever." and he hugs you, and smiles at you, and kisses you on the cheek.

To me that is the best reward of all is knowing you deliver a soul from death. Who cares about riches, or jewels, or status in heaven...those things are nice, and just bonuses you get. The true reward is knowing Jesus Christ was able to use you to bring the Gospel to them so he could save them by using you as a willing vessel for his will.

Yeah I know not everyone will be saved, but it is God's will all would come to repentance, and be saved. Well it can be hard when you can't get your point across to them, or even talk to them about it. How will they believe unless they hear? When they talk over you, or argue with you, or as you pointed out some threaten with violence, and I have had that happen with one so far.

Anyways thanks Kalika. As you point out its not of works, but it is of love. God is love, and he is also Holy, and Just, and Wrathful as well. However God has love we can't even comprehend.
Report Spam   Logged
William
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2011, 10:36:59 pm »

The main thing is that it has always been hard to get unsaved people to listen to the Gospel. I mean there were many that didn't even listen to the Lord Jesus and He was the perfect preacher!

God can easily do miracles though, get ready for a surprise sometime! I have found at certain times people will listen to the Gospel even if they are anti-God.

I was listening to a sermon by Bryan Delinger and he said that if America's economy crashes so that America is a third world country then there will be even greater opportunity for people to listen to the Gospel. Well that is good news as i think America has and will crash pretty bad financially.

Good point Christian40 - Yeah when everything crashes people just may turn, and repent, but hopefully we will be able to witness to them. At that point we could be in prison, or dead. I hope not, but you just never know. Either way we will have oppertunites to witness to people.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2016, 02:16:50 am »

A short video about our Gospel tract distribution. All glory to God! We have sent tracts to South Africa, Ireland, Canada, South America, New Zealand, Kuwait, Australia, and all around the USA...Some ideas about how or where we can plant seeds and give out the gospel. For info about our free tracts visit

http://www.turnfromyouridols.com/TRACTS___DVDs.html
Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2016, 06:06:35 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2017, 11:59:43 am »

Published on Sep 28, 2017
This video clip was taken about 2 years ago. In this brief video, Brother Shaun Martinez is preaching In Ybor city, and as he is preaching, Hugh Hefner crosses his path and is warned of judgement to come and hears the Preaching of the Gospel. This may have been the last and final warning that Hefner received. Only God truly knows.

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2017, 06:11:22 pm »

https://hollowverse.com/hugh-hefner/
Hugh Hefner was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois.

Hefner describes his religious upbringing as in a “conservative, Midwestern, Methodist” family.1 And in talking about it, Hefner paints a picture of guilt-ridden Puritanism, an environment and lifestyle he rejected and that caused him to become the “pamphleteer”2 of the sexual revolution.3

His current views of religion are:

a) it’s ridiculous.

b) no one should claim to know the answers to these cosmic questions.

It all amounts to a somewhat antagonistic agnosticism. He has said:

It’s perfectly clear to me that religion is a myth. It’s something we have invented to explain the inexplicable…
What does it all mean — if it has any meaning at all? But how can it all exist if it doesn’t have some kind of meaning? I think anyone who suggests that they have the answer is motivated by the need to invent answers, because we have no such answers.4

So we can’t know the answer to tough, cosmological questions. Fair enough. But what about religion’s utility as instilling morals into society (for fear of damnation in the afterlife, of course)? He says:

An afterlife would be a really good deal. Yeah, I would vote in favor of that. But in the meantime, I urge one and all to live this life as if there is no reward in the afterlife and to do it in a moral way that leaves this world a little better place than you found it

Politics and Pornography

Unsurprisingly, Hefner’s politics have historically been oriented toward First Amendment rights and positioned against conservatism. His business has, for its entire existence, been pitted against “traditional” values of morality, decency and purity–and he’s become quite the warrior.

So important is freedom of expression to Hefner that he has established two awards that he gives out to deserving recipients. One is the Hugh M. Hefner First Amendment award, given to 100 embattled defenders of First Amendment rights every year. The second is the Freedom of Expression Award, given to one person every year who is “dedicated to defending, advocating, or supporting the First Amendment through their personal or professional pursuits.”6

In the realm of party politics, Hefner is a longtime Democrat–a very longtime Democrat. He said:

I was a Democrat in a Republican household before I could even vote

Hefner has given over $130,000 to political candidates and organizations–and not a single Republican.8

And he’s quite liberal. Hefner feels that his media empire has been a liberating force for women, that what some feminists might consider sexual exploitation, he considers a chance to strut their stuff and fly in the face of Puritanical bondage.9 He said:

We fought for birth control rights and the change in birth control laws, the change in abortion laws, we fought cases to give women the right to choose…10

Most recently, Hefner has thrown his considerable clout behind the gay marriage movement, making an official statement on the subject. An excerpt:

Today, in every instance of sexual rights falling under attack, you’ll find legislation forced into place by people who practice discrimination disguised as religious freedom. Their goal is to dehumanize everyone’s sexuality and reduce us to using sex for the sole purpose of perpetuating our species. To that end, they will criminalize your entire sex life.11

Keep on truckin’ Hef. You and your scantily-clad bunnies are as American as apple pie and baseball.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2017, 11:09:02 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2017, 10:39:07 pm »

Report Spam   Logged