End Times and Current Events
March 29, 2024, 08:11:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

"Christian ministries" attacking Paul??

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Christian ministries" attacking Paul??  (Read 679 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2010, 03:57:41 pm »

http://www.jesuswordsonly.com/Recommended-Reading/early-church-views.html

Could you guys at least gleam through this and tell me what you think?

Why in the world are some "Christian ministries" attacking Paul??
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 06:23:53 am »

Its crap. That site is crap. This all comes down to wanting to keep people under the law. Im sure youve seen these arguments over at PPF. Lets look at their first claim, after that there isnt any reason to look any farther.

A. Luke Negative On Paul's Apostleship Coming From Jesus Christ
For example, while Paul claimed Jesus appointed himself (Paul) an apostle of Jesus Christ, in none of the three vision accounts - evidently which Luke heard from Paul and recorded in Acts 9, 22 and 26 -- does Luke identify Jesus making Paul His apostle. Jesus appoints Paul solely as a "witness" -- a martus in Greek. Jesus never says that Paul will be His apostle.

Also in Acts 1, Luke says Judas's replacement as an apostle is Matthias, not Paul.

As a result, scholars note that in "Acts...Paul is denied the title of Apostle." (Martin Hengel, Anna M. Schwemer, Paul between Damascus and Antioch: the unknown years (Westminster John Knox Press, 1997) at 321 n. 3.)

They make the claim that it want Jesus that appointed Paul. Well the first thing to do is to look at Gods Word, the KJB.  Wink

Acts 9:4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

Acts 9:5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

So here we can clearly see that it is indeed Jesus himself that calls Paul. I am Jesus whom thou persecutest. Now what does Jesus tell Paul to do?

Acts 9:6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

Did you see that? Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

So Paul was ordered into the city and THEN he would be told what to do. So Jesus said go here and get your orders.

10 And there was a certain disciple at Damascus, named Ananias; and to him said the Lord in a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I am here, Lord.

11 And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and enquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth,

So here we see Jesus appearing to Ananias, and giving him Pauls instructions. This is where we see Pauls appointment.

Acts 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

Acts 9:16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

There is Jesus's appointment of Paul, from the Lords mouth to Ananias to Paul, just as Jesus said back in Acts 9:6. So Paul was picked and appointed by Jesus himself. So this claim, their first claim on that site is busted. If you cant even get the first one right who cares about the rest. Also remeber that it was always Jesus himself that picked the Apostles.

Now the other Apostles especially Peter and John fully accepted Paul and his ministry as well as JESUS HIMSELF.
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 07:53:29 am »

Thanks Dok, not that I believed this site word for word, but it distressed me a bit when I saw it, and wanted to make sure from you guys.

Yes, while I won't name the poster at PPF who pm'd me this, this person said that the KJV is Catholic(and also said persecutions against believers during the Protestant Reformation was also committed by King James), among other things.

Again, I won't name the poster, but through a short conversation I had with this person via pm there, this person said all this.

I don't want to endorse the NIV here, but at least THIS perverted version does a halfway decent job in portraying Paul in a good light.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 08:02:00 am »

Thanks Dok, not that I believed this site word for word, but it distressed me a bit when I saw it, and wanted to make sure from you guys.

Yes, while I won't name the poster at PPF who pm'd me this, this person said that the KJV is Catholic(and also said persecutions against believers during the Protestant Reformation was also committed by King James), among other things.

Again, I won't name the poster, but through a short conversation I had with this person via pm there, this person said all this.

I don't want to endorse the NIV here, but at least THIS perverted version does a halfway decent job in portraying Paul in a good light.

King James didnt translate the Bible, he didnt write any part of it. I can think of who your talking about. All King James did was give permission for the work to be done, in violation of the Popes edicts, due to a request from the people. All these attacks against King James himself has nothing to do with the Bible itself, if you dont like KJV than call it the Authorized Version.
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
PeanutGallery

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 09:50:02 am »

Gal 1:1 Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)
Rom 3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.
---------------
God's Word is final authority.  Paul, an apostle, called by Jesus Christ.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: