End Times and Current Events
June 28, 2017, 09:05:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

first Gays, now polygamy! upnext? Chickens!!!

Shoutbox
June 21, 2017, 05:50:35 pm Romans 8 says: Mark, I don't want to flood your pm box. But just wanted to say I emailed bro Scott about this issue.
April 29, 2017, 05:20:18 am Christian40 says: What i'm thinking a strike on North Korea possible on some occultic date May 1? the aftermath of WW3 will bring in the Antichrist? Yeah Mayhem in May?
April 20, 2017, 04:55:44 pm Mark says:
April 06, 2017, 09:26:29 pm Mark says: TRUMP LAUNCHES 50+ MISSILES AIMED AT SYRIA
March 05, 2017, 01:16:17 am Christian40 says: i hope the rapture is this year i encourage You to keep working for the Lord
March 05, 2017, 01:06:24 am Christian40 says: i'm glad that the summer is over in Australia the heat was making me feel crazy its a good month to be in now
February 19, 2017, 07:55:44 am Romans 8 says: The month of February just FLIES BY, doesn't it? It being a < 30 day month helps too! (Unusually warm this month too!)
January 24, 2017, 09:38:51 pm Romans 8 says:
January 16, 2017, 07:17:24 pm Romans 8 says:
October 24, 2016, 03:38:23 am Christian40 says: i'm here again i get bonus time on the Net today Smiley
View Shout History
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: first Gays, now polygamy! upnext? Chickens!!!  (Read 2703 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: December 07, 2016, 01:32:15 am »

Argentine judge rules woman can marry her own stepdaughter

An Argentinian judge created quite a precedent, and an uproar, when he overrode the country's Civil Code and authorized a woman to marry her stepdaughter.

The unusual love story began when a woman – the two women's names are being withheld by the court system – married a much older man who had a daughter from a previous marriage who was nearly the same age as her.

After her husband's death in 2010, just four months after their wedding, the stepmom got closer with the daughter, and the two eventually started a romantic relationship, El Pais newspaper reported.

However, when last month the couple decided to formalize their relationship, they were denied a marriage license based on portion of the Civil Code, which has allowed same-sex marriage since 2010 but prohibits any kind of parent-child unions, even if the couple isn't related by blood.

Both women are now in their early 30s, and they sued claiming that the rule violated their constitutional rights.

And family judge Ricardo Dutto agreed, declaring the article unconstitutional and ruling that the constitution guarantees every citizen "the right to be happy."

“The National Constitution implicitly guarantees every citizen his right to seek his own happiness, which entails the right to be treated with dignity by the laws in all dimensions of life, including marriage," Dutto wrote in his opinion.

He also noted that the women had not lived as a couple while the man was alive.

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/lifestyle/2016/12/06/argentine-judge-rules-woman-can-marry-her-own-stepdaughter/
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 23, 2016, 09:04:53 pm »

Love Wins: French Woman Wants to Marry Her Robot

Move over bestiality, there's a new sexuality in town, and according to some experts, it will become widely popular by 2050: robosexuals, which is exactly as it sounds; someone in love with robots.

According to the Daily Mail, a French woman named Lilly has taken the flag up as the latest champion for the so-called "Robosexual" cause, and hopes for the day she and her robot lover, named InMoovator, can legally tie the knot.

From the Daily Mail:

Lilly’s partner is a robot called InMoovator, who she 3D-printed herself and has been living with for a year. On her Twitter page, where she goes by ‘Lilly InMoovator,’ she says: ‘I'm a proud robosexual, we don't hurt anybody, we are just happy.’ Now, Lilly is reportedly engaged to the robot and says they will marry when human-robot marriage is legalized in France.

Lilly claims she found all relations with human men "disgusting" and realized at age 19 she preferred the mechanical over organic.

"I’m really and only attracted by the robots," she said. "My only two relationships with men have confirmed my love orientation, because I dislike really physical contact with human flesh."

Most of Lilly's family has accepted her chosen relationship with InMoovator, whom she plans to upgrade shortly after finishing school to become, you guessed it, a roboticist.

According to expert Dr. David Levy, "chess whiz and authority on Love and Sex with Robots," robot marriages should be the norm by 2050.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/love-wins-french-woman-wants-marry-her-robot
Report Spam   Logged

Romans 8
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 13, 2017, 10:11:38 pm »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/0132196e-53f8-324d-afcf-aff55cbffad6/ss_man-accused-of-repeatedly.html
1/13/17
Man Accused Of Repeatedly Sexually Assaulting Pit Bull

A man in Pensacola, Florida, is charged in the repeated sexual assault of a pit bull over about 3½ years. Bradley Jean Hubbard, 23, was arrested Monday after a roommate accused him of assaulting his family dog, Baby Girl, according to the Pensacola News Journal. The accuser told police she estimated she had seen Hubbard take the dog to his bedroom for sexual abuse at least 100 times. ...
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 25, 2017, 05:43:37 pm »

US Supreme Court Rejects ‘Sister Wives’ Appeal Effort to Overturn Ban on Polygamous Cohabitation

The U.S. Supreme Court has turned away a challenge to Utah’s anti-bigamy law brought by the polygamist stars of the popular reality television show “Sister Wives.”

The justices declined Monday (Jan. 23) to take up an appeal by Kody Brown and his four wives, only one of whom he is legally married to, of a lower court’s ruling that threw out their challenge that claimed Utah’s law banning multiple spouses violated their religious liberty rights under the U.S. Constitution’s First Amendment.

They also claimed the law violated their legally protected right to privacy.

Continue reading this story >> http://religionnews.com/2017/01/23/u-s-top-court-rebuffs-sister-wives-challenge-to-utah-anti-bigamy-law/

http://christiannews.net/2017/01/24/us-supreme-court-rejects-sister-wives-appeal-effort-to-overturn-ban-on-polygamous-cohabitation/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 13, 2017, 06:20:56 pm »

Judge Awards Tri-Custody of Child to Former Couple and Their ‘Polyamorous’ Lover

A New York judge has awarded tri-custody to a former couple and their neighbor, who they entered into a “polyamorous” relationship with over a decade ago.

“Tri-custody is the logical evolution of the Court of Appeals decision in Brooke S.B., and the passage of the Marriage Equality Act and DRL [Domestic Relations Law] §10-a which permits same-sex couples to marry in New York,” Suffolk County Supreme Court Judge Patrick Leis III wrote.

According to reports, in 2001, Michael and Dawn Marano began as friends to neighbor Audria Garcia, who was living with her boyfriend at the time. But when Garcia split with her significant other, she moved in with the Maranos, where she began to engage in “intimate relations” with both of them.

In 2006, Garcia became pregnant with Michael Marano’s child—an agreement made between the three since Dawn Marano was infertile—and they all raised the boy together. However, in 2008, Dawn Marano left her husband to solely be in a relationship with Garcia.

The development prompted Michael Marano to file for custody of his son, and Garcia soon agreed to joint custody. However, Dawn Marano, who divorced her husband for Garcia, then also sued him “because she fears that without court-ordered visitation and shared custody, her ability to remain in [the boy’s] life would be solely dependent upon obtaining the consent of either Audria or [Michael].”

Michael Marano opposed his wife’s efforts to obtain joint custody of the child.

On Wednesday, Judge Leis granted custody to all three, saying that it was in the child’s “best interests” to also keep Dawn Marano in his life.

“J.M. considers both plaintiff and Audria to be equal ‘mommies’ and that he would be devastated if he were not able to see plaintiff,” he wrote. “The interview with J.M. also clearly shows that he enjoys his present living situation and would not want it altered in any way.”

“J.M.’s best interests cry out for an assurance that he will be allowed a continued relationship with plaintiff,” Leis stated. “No one told these three people to create this unique relationship. Nor did anyone tell defendant to conceive a child with his wife’s best friend or to raise that child knowing two women as his mother.”

He said that granting tri-custody was the “logical evolution” after the state approved of same-sex “marriage” in 2011, as well as a 2016 ruling expanding custody rights for unmarried couples.

While the women state that they are pleased with the ruling, Michael Marano told the New York Post that he plans to appeal.

19th century statesman Daniel Webster, who held office both in the House and Senate, once said, “If the power of the gospel is not felt throughout the length and breadth of the land, anarchy and misrule, degradation and misery, corruption and darkness will reign without mitigation or end.”

The matter went to trial, and the boy told the court that he has “two mommies,” and that he tells them apart as being the “mommy with the orange truck” and the “mommy with the gray truck.”

http://christiannews.net/2017/03/13/judge-awards-tri-custody-of-child-to-former-couple-and-their-polyamorous-lover/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 18, 2017, 07:21:28 pm »

Some Polygamists Urge Fleeing Utah After Senate Approves Anti-Bigamy Bill

With only five minutes left in the legislative session, the Utah Senate approved a new anti-bigamy law by a margin of a single vote. It will only take Gov. Gary Herbert (R) a few seconds to sign it, if that is his decision.

Herbert hasn’t said which way he is leaning on the legislation.

Rather than wait for Herbert to make up his mind, the best advice to all those with multiple spouses from the “Sisters Wives” reality TV show cast, a real-life family of polygamists, is to get out of Utah now.

Another family — one man and his three wives — has vowed to never leave Utah.

"My concern is all this is going to do is drive the good polygamous people who don't have those abuses more into hiding," Meri Brown, a plural wife, told the Salt Lake Tribune, "and it's going to make the people who do have those abuses just be able to do them even more.”

"It also classifies all polygamists as second-class citizens," added her husband, Kody Brown.

Kody Brown is legally married not just to Meri, but to another woman, Robyn. He is “spiritually married” to Meri, and Janelle and Christine, who have all taken his last name.

The family lived discretely in Utah until 2010 when their lifestyle went public with the “Sister Wives” TV show. Lehi, Utah, police watch TV, too. They started a criminal investigation. The Browns pulled out of Utah and moved to Nevada to avoid any possibility of bigamy prosecution.

The Browns successfully filed suit against Utah’s bigamy law on the grounds that it was unconstitutional. A federal judge ruled in their favor in 2013. But his decision was reversed by the 10th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in 2016.

Rep. Mike Noel (R) saw that and decided the law needed to be changed so there would be no doubt of its constitutionality.

He sponsored HB99, legislation that would change the definition of bigamy and increase the penalty for a violation of the law in some cases.

HB99 would change the definition of bigamy to include people who “purport” to marry two or more people and live with them. Currently, only one or the other provision is required to be a bigamist.

Bigamy would still be a third-degree felony under HB99. But the penalty of up to five years in prison could go up to as much as 15 years if the bigamy is associated with another crime like abuse, fraud or smuggling.

Prosecutors in Utah have not prosecuted many cases of bigamy unless some kind of abuse or other crime can be included in the criminal charges.

Kody said it’s ridiculous to try to tie polygamists to crimes such as abuse. He called it a “rope-a-dope” strategy in which a boxer pins his opponent against the ring’s ropes, pummeling him with one punch after another until he falls.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/2017/03/18/some-polygamists-urge-fleeing-utah-after-senate-approves-anti-bigamy-bill/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 15, 2017, 01:57:48 am »

Polyamory & Polygamy -- Same Practice, Now Presented as Edgy & Fresh

Hey everyone, a relic of barbarism is making a comeback! If the reference is lost on you, I am referring to an expression from the mid-1800s, when the Republican party was established to replace the Whigs on the platform of eradicating what party leaders such as Abraham Lincoln coined “the twin relics of barbarism.” The first of those relics was polygamy, seen as a system that was fundamentally oppressive to one of the two sexes: women. Bigamy was formally abolished under the Lincoln’s presidency.

And yet, 155 years later, the concept is creeping back into the mainstream, with popular culture blowing wind in its sails.

Just this week, People magazine informed readers that the popular bridal show, Say Yes to the Dress, would be featuring its first-ever polyamorous fitting. “Say Yes to the Dress Sneak Peek: Inside Kleinfeld’s First Polygamous Bridal Fitting,” read the headline. The article casually discusses the first “throuple” to be featured on the show and what it means to dress two women for a “polygamous wedding.”

The whole thing is framed as edgy and fresh, but in fact it’s just the latest bit of pop-culture news I’ve read treating polyamory like it isn’t something backwards, straight out of the eighteenth century. We should have seen this all coming with the smash-hit “Big Love,” but at least that show tried to show the moral complexities of the issue. Today we have cultural polyamory in abundance. Showtime has a series called Polyamory, a show called You Me Her is billed as the first-ever “polyromantic comedy,” and TLC is still running episodes of Sister Wives.

Apart from television, I read almost weekly some sort of article about the rise of polyamory in the modern era. The Atlantic informs me that dating website “OkCupid Adds a Feature for the Polyamorous.” Refinery29.com nonchalantly runs a story entitled, “My Boyfriend & I Got a Girlfriend – & This is What Happened.” The opening paragraph says, “In the polyamorous world, there is a special term for the third person in a relationship. She (and it is usually a she) is called a ‘unicorn.’ She is rare, beautiful, and hard to track down. And if you can catch her, she will bring magic into your relationship.” The BBC tells me, “Polyamorous relationships may be the future of love.” “Love doesn’t just come in pairs. Is it time that marriage laws come to recognise the fact?” the article asks.

You might be reading this and asking yourself, “What the what?”

What happens to women in a world where we scrap the ‘binary axis’ of monogamy? Women suffer, that’s what.

But this has been coming down the pike for years. Plenty of us were mocked for asking questions about where it all stops if we start redefining marriage. And yet here we are in 2017, and polygamy is making a comeback. In the midst of a quick Facebook check while writing this piece, an article on the Institute for Family Studies blog analyzing a recent study on rising acceptance for non-monogamous marriages scrolled through my feed. I clicked over to the study itself, the abstract of which claims, “These data call out for greater attention to both the social mediation of Giddens’s detraditionalization thesis and a more nuanced concept of marital fidelity than a simple binary axis of ‘monogamous/nonmonogamous’ permits.”

But what happens to women in a world where we scrap the “binary axis” of monogamy? Women suffer, that’s what. Nobody is asking for a show called “Brother Husbands.” Nine of ten pictures for polyamory involve one man with multiple women. The other one in ten is usually just a crowd of people. Men may sleep around, but they don’t tolerate the degradation of being a part of a modern male harem, nor have they ever, really. Polygamy uniquely subjugates one sex; it’s like an institutionalized form of the hookup culture — with women on call for male pleasure, just with some boundaries and a relationship status. But that hasn’t stopped Hollywood’s big wigs from putting bigamy on the big screen like it’s NBD, no big deal.

Hey 2017, 1850 called and wants its barbarism back.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/447605/polyamory-polygamy-same-practice-now-presented-edgy-fresh
Report Spam   Logged

Romans 8
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 15, 2017, 11:56:06 am »

https://www.rt.com/viral/392304-three-men-marry-colombia/
‘I do, I do, I do’: Colombia recognizes ‘polyamorous’ marriage of 3 gay men
Published time: 14 Jun, 2017 20:01

A marriage between three gay men has been legally recognized in Colombia’s first official “polyamorous” union.

The the union of actor Victor Hugo Prada, teacher John Alejandro Rodriguez and journalist Manuel Jose Bermudez was made official in Medellin on June 8.

READ MORE: Malaysia holds contest for ‘homosexuality prevention’ videos with up to $1,000 cash prizes

“We wanted to validate our household ... and our rights, because we had no solid legal basis establishing us as a family,” Victor told Colombian radio station LAFM.

Speaking to Colombian magazine Semana, the men said the roots of their relationship started in 1999 when Manuel and John first met and began a relationship. That match then grew to include a third person, Alex Esneider Zabala, whom the couple met in 2004. It expanded still further when they met Victor, the youngest in the union, in 2012.

The men told Semana that they lived happily in the four person relationship for several years until Alex tragically fell victim to stomach cancer two years ago.

more
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 21, 2017, 07:49:09 pm »

Three Men Get 'Married' in Colombia, and There Is No Slippery Slope

In 2016, same-sex "marriage" was legalized in Colombia. One year later, the courts have now recognized a polyamorous "family" of three men. And there is no slippery slope.

As reported by the Daily Mail, "Actor Victor Hugo Prada and his two partners, sports instructor John Alejandro Rodriguez and journalist Manuel Jose Bermudez, have signed legal papers with a solicitor in the city of Medellin, establishing them as a family unit with inheritance rights.

"'We wanted to validate our household ... and our rights, because we had no solid legal basis establishing us as a family,' said one of the men, Prada, in a video published by Colombian media on Monday."

Here in the States, the Associated Press notes that, "More courts [are] allowing three parents of one child." An example would be when a lesbian couple has a child with the help of another man, all three of whom become parents.

And there is no slippery slope.

When candidate Barack Obama ran for president in 2008, he knew he could not reveal his true sentiments about gay "marriage" —this according to David Axelrod—because it would hurt his election chances. And so, he clearly and decisively declared that marriage was the union of a man and a woman. And he said this was his Christian conviction.

Today, a Republican congressman is shot in cold blood and liberal news commentators suggest that we can't forget his record at a time like this. After all, he wanted to pass a Constitutional amendment defining marriage as the union of a man and a woman.

It wasn't that long ago that the Human Rights Campaign felt the need to remove "transgender" from its campaign to pass ENDA, the Employment Non-Discrimination Act. Today, in New York City, you can be fined up to $250,000 for failing to accept the stated identity of a trans employee. And Canada has just passed Bill C-16, which requires it citizens to use whatever gender pronouns a person chooses, as in, "Refer to me as ze and zir rather than he or her."

As the National Post explains, "In other words, failure to use a person's pronoun of choice—'ze,' 'zir,' 'they' or any one of a multitude of other potential non-words—will land you in hot water with the commission. That, in turn, can lead to orders for correction, apology, Soviet-like "re-education," fines and, in cases of continued non-compliance, incarceration for contempt of court."

advertisement

In recent years, the media has pushed polygamy, polyamory and even consensual adult incest, with public opinion gradually shifting towards more acceptance of these lifestyles and acts.

And there is no slippery slope. Or perhaps the slippery slope isn't so bad after all?

That was actually the conclusion of a number of liberal students who challenged a talk I gave at a local secular university: the slippery slope isn't so bad after all.

I was asked to speak on the subject of God and Sex, addressing the question, "Are biblical standards of sexual purity destructive or constructive, helpful or harmful, binding or liberating?" In the lecture, I explained how everything reproduces after its kind. I also explained that we have to look at the trajectory of an idea or action or behavior. Where will it ultimately lead?

When it was time for Q & A, several students began to challenge my talk, claiming that there was no such thing as a slippery slope.

I asked them if they believed in the concepts of "love is love" and "I have the right to marry the one I love." They all said yes, no matter how far it went. Three people? Four? Two adult brothers? And should the government be obligated to recognize all these relationships?

They answered in the affirmative to all my questions, concluding, "Well, I guess there is a slippery slope, but it's not wrong."

And that is where our society is heading. It's becoming increasingly difficult to deny the reality of the slippery slope. The logical next step is to affirm it.

http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/in-the-line-of-fire/65704-three-men-get-married-in-colombia-and-there-is-no-slippery-slope
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: