End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 06:55:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Catholics in major news outlets.

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Catholics in major news outlets.  (Read 4632 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2013, 12:42:37 pm »

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/bill-oreilly-continues-gay-marriage-reversal-backs-doma-050000509.html
Bill O'Reilly Continues Gay Marriage Reversal, Backs DOMA Repeal (Video)
4/11/13

Bill O'Reilly made headlines late last month when he seemed to have softened his long opposition to same sex marriage. Speaking with THR at the annual 35 Most Powerful People in Media Party -- where he was honored as one of the major players -- the Fox News host and best selling author doubled down on his sudden change of heart.

"I think they should leave it to the states," he said. "I don't think the federal government should impose it on anybody. Let the states decide the issue."

Pressed as to whether that meant he would be okay with the repeal of the Defense of Marriage Act -- the federal statute that defines marriage between a man and a woman, and the issue at play in one of the Supreme Court cases -- he leaned toward saying yes.

"I don't really feel one way or the other about it," O'Reilly remarked. "I think it's a symbolic act, so whatever they want to do there in Congress, fine."

Frankly, O'Reilly is less concerned with civil rights than he is with matters of war and peace.

"I'm more interested in saving the country from bankruptcy and keeping us out of a crazy war with North Korea," the host explained. "I'm going to send Dennis Rodman over there to calm the guy down, slap him around," he joked, alluding to the NBA Hall of Famer's recent trip/stunt to meet with dictator Kim Jong-Un. Who else would you want, in a period of crisis for America, than Dennis Rodman?"
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2013, 09:34:39 pm »

Terror Attack Ratings Prove Fox Is Now 'The Most Trusted Name In News' @Breitbart
Read more at http://www.onenewspage.com/n/US/74vspyksp/Terror-Attack-Ratings-Prove-Fox-Is-Now-The.htm#gb7HLadzI8gxSug1.99
4/19/13

Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2013, 02:52:05 am »

Terror Attack Ratings Prove Fox Is Now 'The Most Trusted Name In News' @Breitbart
Read more at http://www.onenewspage.com/n/US/74vspyksp/Terror-Attack-Ratings-Prove-Fox-Is-Now-The.htm#gb7HLadzI8gxSug1.99
4/19/13

Seriously? And they say that with a straight face?  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2013, 09:41:46 am »

Fox News Helps Fund The Homosexual Agenda
http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/03/fox-news-helps-fund-the-homosexual-agenda/
3/23/13

So Fox News, which has been touted as the “conservative” news outlet, has been caught funding the liberal homosexual agenda. I can’t say I’m surprised at it, but it’s true.

The National Lesbian & Gay Journalists Association’s website promotes an event that was held this past Thursday.

Cliff Kincaid, President of America’s Survival, Inc., wrote to Roger Ailes, the CEO of Fox News Channel. The letter reads in part:

Irena Briganti informed me that you had no time to meet with me and my associate Peter LaBarbera to discuss Fox News’ funding of the homosexual rights movement. So I am putting my concerns in writing. Fox News is a “silver sponsor” of the Thursday, March 21, 2013, National Lesbian & Gay Journalists Association 18th annual New York Benefit. Rick Reichmuth of Fox News is listed as a participant. Tickets are $150 and the monetary proceeds support this special interest group.

Peter LaBarbera of Americans for Truth notes “the NLGJA is an activist organization with a strong institutional bias against those espousing traditionalist views on homosexuality.” The NLGJA attempts to instruct journalists on how to cover homosexuality and has even issued a “stylebook supplement on lesbian, gay, bisexual & transgender terminology.” For example, the term “wife” is defined as an “Acceptable term for a female, legally married partner of a woman.”

How much has Fox News donated to this group over the years? How much is a “silver” sponsorship?

LaBarbera noted that Fox News Channel donated $10,000 to NLGJA in 2006. He asked Fox News to match the $10,000 donation to a homosexual journalism organization with a donation to pro-family group.

Kincaid then dropped the hammer when he said what the real agenda of the NLGJA is:

Let us be clear: the National Lesbian & Gay Journalists Association is a special interest group that manipulates news coverage on behalf of the homosexual movement, and they brag about their successes. Their website boasts how the Associated Press has just released a statement announcing a new AP Stylebook entry for husband and wife, “coming after a requested revision by NLGJA.”

Thanks to NLGJA’s “Rapid Response Task Force,” AP will now use the terms husband and wife, without quotes, when referring to two men or two women in same-sex marriages. In other words, a man can be a wife, and a woman can be a husband.

Kincaid also pointed out this is not a first for Fox News. He names a March 24, 2011 “Headlines & Headliners” fundraiser which included special guests Jamie Colby, Rick Folbaum, and Kimberly Guilfoyle from Fox News.

The news network also sponsored a 2007 NLGJA New York Benefit.

He gave several instances of Fox’s involvement with the NLGJA, including pointing to its parent company News Corp., which proudly sponsored the NLGJA’s annual LGBT Media Summit, explicitly mentioning them in a one-page ad in the summit’s program.

Finally, Kincaid appealed to Ailes’ Catholicism and cited Pope Francis: “Let’s not be naïve, we’re not talking about a simple political battle; it is a destructive pretension against the plan of God. We are not talking about a mere bill, but rather a machination of the Father of Lies that seeks to confuse and deceive the children of God.”

While not a Roman Catholic, I do agree with the statement. Ailes then went on to make the point that Fox News will be covering the upcoming Supreme Court hearings regarding homosexual “marriage.”

On March 26 the United States Supreme Court will hear oral arguments regarding California’s Proposition 8. The United States Bishops are encouraging support and participation at the March for Marriage on March 26 (Tuesday) in Washington DC. How can Fox News objectively cover this march when the news organization is funding one side of the debate?

One of the speakers is Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone, Chairman, United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) Subcommittee for the Promotion and Defense of Marriage.

How would you justify to him– or any other American, for that matter– Fox News’ funding of the homosexual rights movement? How is that funding consistent with any commonly accepted notion of journalism ethics?

I think these are valid points made by Mr. Kincaid. As Freedom Outpost’s Shea Bernard so clearly demonstrated, homosexuality is a behavior, not an orientation. It is a choice, not the way one was made. Though Scripture and arguments from Biblical teaching are enough, Bernard went on to demonstrate there is a case made from nature itself against homosexuality, which is why it is often referred to as “unnatural” and many states have laws against it which are referred to as “crimes against nature.” Since laws are on the books in many states against the practice of homosexuality, that should make the issue of homosexual “marriage” a moot point.

I’m glad Mr. Kincaid has brought this to the forefront so that people will understand that there is within the media conglomerate those that fund people who are against Christian teachings and against the foundations of what the country was built on. Even the founding fathers didn’t tolerate open practicing homosexuals.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2013, 10:30:55 am »

http://www.fireandreamitchell.com/2013/05/07/fox-news-now-running-pro-amnesty-marco-rubio-ad/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=fox-news-now-running-pro-amnesty-marco-rubio-ad
5/7/13
Fox News now running pro-amnesty Marco Rubio ad

American Action Network is pimping Marco Rubio and amnesty. They spent $300,000 television advertising campaign to “end de facto amnesty.” The ad will only run on Fox News. Of course, the amnesty bill supported by Rubio, McCain, Lindsey Graham and Democrat is de facto amnesty. Of course American Action Network doesn’t want you to believe that. They tout Marco Rubio in an ad called ‘disaster’ ad that’s been on (especially on Hannity) the last few days.

Watch out for American Action Network. They may try and appear to be conservative, but they are nothing more than a progressive action group. I don’t know if it’s just a coindence, but you do a search for American Action Network on Twitter, guess what comes up first? The Center for American Progress. I’ve only seen the ad a couple times, but judging by the Twitter search they are really bombing Florida with the ad.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2013, 12:06:03 pm »

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/06/20/OReilly-immigration-bill
6/20/13
After Phone Call with Rubio, O'Reilly Offers Full-Scale Support of Immigration Bill

Thursday night on Fox News’s "The O’Reilly Factor," host Bill O’Reilly came out in full-scale support for the immigration reform bill currently making its way through the Senate.

Despite its border security shortcomings, O’Reilly said, “it looks like the secure border is in reach – at least somewhat.” He continued, “Talking Points supports immigration reform, even though I well understand the new law will be somewhat chaotic…will be a magnet for more people to come here illegally, which is why we need stepped up security around the border.” He concluded, “I hope this bill does become law.”

Multiple Republican senators have stridently fought the notion that the immigration reform bill currently under consideration is sufficient to guarantee any true border security. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) said, “We must stop this Gang of 8 immigration bill, which would give amnesty to an estimated 11 million illegal immigrants with no guarantee of a secure border.” Sen. John Cornyn (R-AZ) stated that his amendment, which was rejected, would have guaranteed border security, while the current version does not: “The difference between my amendment and their bill is that their bill promises the sun and the moon when it comes to border security but it has no trigger mechanism.” Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) explained, “I don’t think it will stop the reform waiting on border security. It allows the reforms to go ahead and tries to get border security, but I think they should be dependent upon each other. So, unless that happens, I’m not sure I can support it.”

O’Reilly explained that some Republican senators – he cited Sens. John McCain (R-AZ) and Marco Rubio (R-FL) – were trying to strengthen border security measures. The new proposal, O’Reilly stated, would come down to doubling the border patrol from 20,000 to 40,000, building 700 miles of new fence, and installing new technology to track illegal border crossers. What of the pathway to citizenship? O’Reilly said that he spoke with Rubio on the phone, and Rubio assured him that the pathway would be 13 years long: “Sen. Rubio told me on the phone today," O'Reilly said, "that it would be at least 13 years – thirteen – before people in the country illegally right now could gain full legal working status and even longer to achieve citizenship.” Breitbart News has previously reported that the current proposed Senate legislation would immediately grant illegal immigrants legal working status. Illegal immigrants could become full citizens in as few as 13 years under the "Gang of Eight" bill.

Mirroring Rubio’s talking points, O’Reilly stated that the feds have been too easy on illegal immigration, and so have businesses. He also said that if the GOP does not embrace immigration reform, it would “doom the party” in the future. “That’s reality,” he stated, though he offered no data or new information to support these claims. "There were never, ever any deals made here."

O’Reilly denied a New Yorker report that he had private conversations with Republican senators and agreed to support the immigration reform bill. “This is a no collusion zone,” he scoffed. “There are never, ever any deals made here.”

After his monologue on immigration, O’Reilly debated radio talk show host and bestselling author Laura Ingraham on the issue. She told O’Reilly not to follow Democrats’ “phony, fraudulent narrative,” and said that she was “uproariously laughing” at Republican senators who supported the bill. She also pointed out that support for the bill from lax border security advocates like Sens. Chuck Schumer (D-NY), Dick Durbin (D-IL), and President Obama should show that the bill does not do enough for border security. O’Reilly said, “I don’t think McCain is a liar.”
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2013, 01:55:37 pm »

O’Reilly said, “I don’t think McCain is a liar.”

I do.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2013, 12:22:30 pm »

Yet more proof the game is rigged...

http://www.wnd.com/2013/07/fox-news-parent-company-funneling-money-to-dems/
Fox News parent co. funneling money to Dems?

Contributions favored Obama 5-to-1 over Romney

7/22/13

The popular perception in America is that while most major media networks lean left, Rupert Murdoch’s News Corporation – owner of Fox News, the Wall Street Journal and New York Post, for example – is a bastion for conservatives.

The record of News Corp’s campaign contributions, however, doesn’t paint the same picture.

According to data accumulated from the Federal Election Commission by the Center for Responsive Politics and published on OpenSecrets.org, the total contributions by News Corp political action committees, employees and their families favored Democrats by a more than 2-to-1 margin in the 2012 election.

Similarly, News Corp contributions favored Barack Obama over challenger Mitt Romney by a better than 5-to-1 margin.

All by itself, News America Holdings, News Corp’s political action committee, was more “fair and balanced” in its contributions but still granted 52 percent of its more than $300,000 spent on federal elections to Democrats and 48 percent to Republicans.

The top three recipients of campaign cash from News Corp in 2012 were, in order, the Democratic National Committee, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee and Democrat presidential incumbent Obama.

Thus far in spending toward the upcoming 2014 mid-term election, News Corp is still favoring Democrats with a reported 62 percent of its total campaign donations.

Furthermore, News Corp’s preference for Democrat candidates isn’t actually new. Going back to 1990, News Corp contributions have favored Democrats in nine of 13 election cycles.

The numbers tend to swing even farther left during presidential years, as News Corp contributions have preferred Obama over Romney by a 5-to-1 margin in 2012, Obama over Republican John McCain by 3-to-1 in 2008 and the same margin in favoring Democrat Al Gore over Republican George W. Bush in 2000.

News Corp is listed by OpenSecrets.org as a “heavy hitter,” meaning it is one of the 140 biggest overall donors to federal elections since the 1990 election cycle.

By comparison, the Walt Disney Company, owner of ABC and ESPN and also a “heavy hitter,” favored Democrats over Republicans by a 3-to-1 margin in 2012 and Obama over Romney by more than 8-to-1. Disney has also favored Democratic candidates in every election since 1990.

Comcast, owner of NBC and MSNBC, is a significantly larger and more diversified company, and its total contributions dwarf both Disney and News Corp. Of the over $5 million its affiliated companies and individuals gave to campaigns in 2012, roughly $3 million went to Democrats and $2 million went to Republicans. Contributions favored Obama over Romney 3-to-1. Comcast companies and employees have contributed more to Democrats than Republicans in eight of the last 13 elections.

News Corp founder Murdoch, however, hasn’t followed his company’s patterns. Records show of the over $800,000 total he and his most recent wife, Wendi, have contributed cumulatively since 1990, 83 percent has landed in Republican hands. In 2012, the couple donated $73,500 to Republican candidates and only $5,000 to Democrats.

Other News Corp executives, though, have led the charge to the left. Peter Chernin, News Corp’s president and chief operating officer from 1996-2009, and his wife, Megan, have sent 87 percent of their contributions to Democrats since 1990.

News Corps’ film division, 20th Century Fox, has leaned most heavily on the scales, sending over $365,000 to Democrats in 2012, compared only $1,500 to Republicans.

Employees of news outlets themselves, like Fox News Channel, the Wall Street Journal and New York Post, tend to make very few campaign contributions, often because of company policies forbidding it. Less than $10,000 was contributed in 2012 from employees of the three news outlets combined, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2013, 06:14:49 pm »

http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/kincaid/130814
August 14, 2013

Fox News goes gay: a presentation on "The Rise and Fall of Fox News" at August 20 ASI conference in D.C.

As part of a national journalism conference on Tuesday, August 20, America's Survival, Inc. (ASI), a public policy organization, is officially releasing a new report on radical changes at Fox News that should cause great concern to pro-family conservatives.

"Pushing Sean Hannity out of the 9:00 p.m. slot, to make way for pro-homosexual advocate Megyn Kelly, is another sign of the channel's left-ward drift and decline," said ASI President Cliff Kincaid, a veteran journalist and media critic.

Mocking the Fox motto of "Fair, Balanced and Unafraid," the new report is titled "Unfair, Unbalanced and Afraid: Fox News' Growing Pro-Homosexual Bias and the National Lesbian & Gay Journalists Association." It is available in advance at the ASI website www.usasurvival.org.

The 40,000-word report, written by former reporter and social activist Peter LaBarbera, examines how journalism today, even at Fox News, "has become pro-homosexual propaganda, with many media stories appearing as if they were written by LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender) activists." Like other major media, the report notes, Fox News through its parent company, News Corporation, is a long-time funder of the National Lesbian & Gay Journalists Association (NLGJA). LaBarbera runs the Americans for Truth about Homosexuality group.

The cover of the report features a photo of Fox News star and afternoon host Megyn Kelly posing for a photo at the 2010 NLGJA fund-raiser in New York City. Every year, Fox News violates basic journalistic ethics by joining other major media as a corporate sponsor of the NLGJA. The report cites documentary evidence that the coverage of homosexuality by Fox News is tilted in a left-wing direction, and that the channel has failed its conservative viewers. When Kincaid and LaBarbera sent a letter to Fox chief Roger Ailes earlier this year asking for a meeting on the subject, they were rebuffed.

At the August 20 conference, ASI President Kincaid will himself narrate a PowerPoint presentation on "The Rise and Fall of Fox News," focusing on how the channel has gradually abandoned its viewer base and why conservatives should look elsewhere for news and information. Acknowledging that the channel began and succeeded as a platform for conservative voices ignored by the major media, Kincaid will nevertheless explain why he is troubled by a series of liberal hires at the channel and a new book that documents Ailes' relationships with civil rights agitators Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. He will also discuss the real reason why Glenn Beck was fired from the channel. To cover or attend the conference, which is being held at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C., please contact Phil Kent at (404) 226-3549 and/or philkent@philkent.com

While examining how various Fox News personalities have approached the homosexual issue, the new ASI report looks closely at Kelly, a so-called "rising star" at the channel who has a history of trying to "marginalize and discredit religious conservatives." Sean Hannity currently hosts the show during the 9:00 p.m. time period that Kelly is reportedly taking over.

One of the examples cited is how Kelly emerged as a "Transgender Advocate" for "Chaz" Bono, after the former child actor switched genders from female to male. Kelly was "arrogant and belligerent" in a 2011 interview with Dr. Keith Ablow, in response to his excellent FoxNews.com article urging parents not to let their impressionable children watch "Chaz" Bono on "Dancing with the Stars." Kelly's hostile interview with Dr. Ablow reached a low point when she accused him of "adding to the hate" against transgenders.

The report adds, "Viewers should remember that it was Kelly...who set up Bill O'Reilly's 'Thump the Bible' hubbub by stating that in her prior interview with Tony Perkins of the Family Research Council, she did not hear any 'compelling' arguments against same-sex 'marriage.' This led O'Reilly to enthusiastically agree and make his famous remark (which many Christians and conservatives found pejorative)."

"So-called 'Bible thumpers' and other Christians and conservatives who have been offended by Fox News should get the message," says Kincaid. "This is a channel that has lost its way and that viewers should lose their way to on the remote control."
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2013, 07:05:16 am »

Holy Spirit Directed Me to Write 'Killing Jesus,' Bill O'Reilly Says

Fox News anchor Bill O'Reilly said the Holy Spirit gave him the idea about and the title of the new book Killing Jesus, which he has co-authored with historian Martin Dugard, in the middle of one night. "All of the ideas come to me in the middle of the night, and one night, I just woke up and it went, 'Killing Jesus,'" O'Reilly said in an interview on CBS' "60 Minutes" on Saturday. "And I believe – because I'm a Catholic – that comes from the Holy Spirit. My inspiration comes from that. And so I wrote Killing Jesus because I think I was directed to write that..." ...O'Reilly said he believes in the Holy Spirit but not like many other Christians. "I'm not a holy roller. I am not an Evangelical Christian, but I go to church," he said, adding if he fails to attend Mass, "Then I fall so far behind in my repentance I can never catch up." 

MORE: http://www.christianpost.com/news/holy-spirit-directed-me-to-write-killing-jesus-bill-oreilly-says-105526/

thats how satanic musicians and artists gets their ideas, it isnt Jesus, its a devil

Also i wouldnt put to much faith in this book, their other ones were some of the most fraudulent books ever written. but what do you expect...

O'Reilly said in an interview on CBS' "60 Minutes" on Saturday. "And I believe – because I'm a Catholic

And the Worst Book of History Is ... - NYTimes.com
http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/07/16/and-the-worst-book-of-history-is/

Bill O'Reilly 'Killing Lincoln' Errors: Book Contains Plethora Of
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/13/bill-oreilly-killing-lincoln-errors_n_1091168.html

The 12 worst historical inaccuracies in Bill O'Reilly's 'Killing Lincoln
http://armyofawesomepeople.com/2011/12/07/the-12-worst-historical-inaccuracies-in-bill-oreillys-killing-lincoln/

Bill O'Reilly's 'Killing Lincoln' not for sale at Ford's Theatre museum
http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2011-11-12/entertainment/35417700_1_assassination-books-gift-shop-afterword

the other book wasnt that historically accurate either.

The 12 Worst Historical Inaccuracies in Bill O'Reilly's 'Killing Kenned
http://armyofawesomepeople.com/2012/10/22/the-12-worst-historical-inaccuracies-in-bill-oreillys-killing-kennedy/

so i wouldnt put any hope in this book on Jesus, you just cant make up stuff...
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Kilika
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2013, 08:37:09 am »

"Then I fall so far behind in my repentance I can never catch up."

Definitely the words of a true Catholic!

Hey Bill! You'll never catch up repenting. That's the whole point of Jesus. You repent once and are saved for ever.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2013, 12:21:07 pm »

OK, this seem to be one of the big games the Jesuits play via their MSM - one of their "conservatives" will come out with blasphemous writings, sayings, etc against Christianity, but then on the other end up the spectrum, one of their "liberals" will come out and attack these "conservatives" that came out with these blasphemous writings, sayings, etc. Result? Next thing we know, the Hegelian Dialectic's "liberal media critics" like Brent Bozell, "conservative" talk radio, etc will come out and say, "Liberal media attacks Christianity yet again!". Ultimately, Churchianity ends up falling for this nonsense every time.(ie-they consider people like Hannity, O'Reilly, Limbaugh, etc to be truthful news sources just b/c they have the "conservatism" label)

This it looks like is also playing a part in the end times deception - ultimately, they are drawing away more blind followers to their fold, and Catholicism is being spread like it's the truth even more. It's a lot like some of these "discernment" ministries like James White DA Carson that will act like they're preaching truth(and even exposing wolves in sheep's clothing), but en yet they ferociously attack the King James Bible, and hence end up playing a bait and switch game by pointing you to noodle-arm defenses like the NIV.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/msnbc-matthews-makes-killing-o-reilly-crack-fnc-142628844.html
MSNBC’s Chris Matthews Makes “Killing O’Reilly” Crack About FNC Rival On ‘Colbert Report’: Video
10/3/13

MSNBC’s pugnacious Hardball pundit Chris Matthews caused a kerfuffle last night when he visited Comedy Central’s The Colbert Report to plug his new book Tip And The Gipper. Host Stephen Colbert wondered why he didn’t call the book Killing Tip And The Gipper because “that would really boost sales” – a nod to Bill O’Reilly’s best-selling books Killing Lincoln, Killing Kennedy and the latest, Killing Jesus. Not very original, but anyway, Colbert went there. Matthews responded, “When are we going to have the book we’ve really been waiting for: Killing O’Reilly?” It wasn’t terribly original either: When O’Reilly visited Jon Stewart’s The Daily Show the previous night, he’d made a crack about Rosewater –  Stewart’s upcoming movie about a journalist detained in Iran — being a zombie movie for Netflix. “Actually, it’s called  Killing O’Reilly,” Stewart shot back. The media pounced on Matthews’ crack this morning.

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2013, 06:01:10 am »

Bill O’Reilly Wants To Destroy Your Faith In Jesus And The Bible

“But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ; How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time…” Jude 1

Fox News personality Bill O’Reilly does not believe that the bible is true or trustworthy, and in his new book “Killing Jesus”, he explains why. O’Reilly also says that, after casting doubt on the entire New Testament and mocking the words of Jesus, that the “Holy Spirit inspired him to write it”.

Imagine that.

From NewsMax: Bill O’Reilly didn’t become the most popular personality in cable television news by being noncontroversial. And he told CBS’s “60 Minutes” on Sunday that he wasn’t afraid to spark controversy in his new historical thriller, “Killing Jesus.”

Though he used the New Testament’s four Gospels as source material, he left out parts he doesn’t believe happened as written. For instance, Jesus didn’t say, “Father, forgive them for they know not what they do” from the cross, the Catholic O’Reilly maintains. It wouldn’t have been physically possible, he said.

“You die on a cross from being suffocated,” he said. “You can hardly breathe. We believe Jesus said that, but we don’t believe he said it on the cross because nobody could have heard it.”

People have a right to take the Bible literally, he said, but in the case of “Killing Jesus,” he was trying to be historically accurate. He never says in the book that Jesus was the Son of God because his book is not intended to be religious.

“So is this the Gospel according to Bill?” asked “60 Minutes” correspondent Norah O’Donnell.

“This is best available evidence according to Bill,” O’Reilly responded.

The most important thing he learned while writing the book was that Jesus of Nazareth became the most famous human being who ever lived, yet he had no infrastructure. He had no government, no public relations expert, no money and no structure, O’Reilly said.

“It’s never been done.”

“Killing Jesus,” follows two other best-sellers by the former high school history teacher, “Killing Lincoln” and “Killing Kennedy,” about two U.S. presidents assassinated a century apart. He writes the books with a co-author who does extensive historical research. O’Reilly uses the material to rewrite a fast-moving, compelling story.

He admits the titles are sensational, but explains that’s the only way to be heard in the marketplace. ”I just want to write about important things in a very entertaining way,” he said. “That’s the formula.”

While the book isn’t religious, O’Reilly is. He says he was inspired to write “Killing Jesus” by the Holy Spirit. He says he just woke up in the middle of the night and thought, “Killing Jesus.”

Asked by O’Donnell why the Holy Spirit would mark him as “the chosen one,” O’Reilly denied any such title. Instead, he said, he is “just one of many who have been given the gift. I can write and I can bloviate on TV.”

O’Reilly now makes more than $20 million a year through Fox News Channel’s “The O’Reilly Factor,” a syndicated column and a live tour he does with comedian Dennis Miller. Two of O’Reilly’s third-grade classmates told O’Donnell he used to get the whole class in trouble by arguing with the nun who taught the class.

“Ain’t America great?” O’Reilly responded. “I was a little thug, and now I’m getting paid millions of dollars for being a big thug.” source – NewsMax

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/blog/?p=15165
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2013, 12:48:41 pm »

20+ years ago I used to watch some of these "tabloid news" shows like Inside Edition - O'Reilly used to be the anchorman of this show(one time he interviewed Tonya Harding during the whole Nancy Kerrigan fiasco - but he denied all the reports how his show paid her a lot of money for the interview).

Which was why a decade later, I was rather shocked to see him on FOX News(an MSM source, that is) - I remember asking a message forum around that time if he was the same guy just to make sure. But at the time, I had no idea about the NWO and their controlling the puppet strings of the MSM.

Anyhow, he actually seemed like a nice guy then(at least compared to his stint on FOX).

With that being said, remember how Churchianity would give big endorsement on these FOX News people like him and Hannity for years. OOPS!
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2013, 02:34:41 am »

O’Reilly also says that, after casting doubt on the entire New Testament and mocking the words of Jesus, that the “Holy Spirit inspired him to write it”.

Uh Bill, that wasn't the Holy Spirit!
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2014, 06:10:30 am »

Bill O'Reilly and Piers Morgan Seek to Reinvent Christian Morality

What do Bill O’Reilly and Piers Morgan have in common? They have their own shows on cable TV, they are professing Catholics, and they recently made statements that, in effect, seek to redefine Christian moral standards (this was in response to the comments of Duck Dynasty’s Phil Robertson).

On his December 20th broadcast, Morgan opined that certain parts of the Bible are “utterly ridiculous” and “offensive.” He added: “I can still understand people say, well, you know, it's my religious belief that homosexuality is a sin. I think it's a load of absolute fooey in the modern age, to be so bigoted, but if that's what people want to do, that's fine.”

He then said to me (as a member of the discussion panel):

I'm a Christian. I'm a Catholic. And I can look at the Bible and say parts of it are obviously utterly ridiculous. There is a part of the Bible that says, if you as a woman are not a virgin on your wedding night, you should be stoned to death. Clearly, that is not what Mr. Robertson is espousing today because he would know that is ridiculous. There are lots of offensive things in the Bible. But let me ask you this sir, as a Christian man, can you point to a single public utterance by Jesus Christ—the Christ in Christianity—about gay people or about a gay lifestyle? Can you name one single thing, derogatory or otherwise?

This, of course, was easy to respond to, and I actually gave him three relevant passages where Jesus made clear that: 1) He didn’t come to abolish God’s Law but rather to fulfill it, which included taking the moral and sexual standards to a higher level (see Matthew 5:17-48); 2) all sexual acts outside of marriage (which, quite obviously, meant male-female unions only) defiled people and made them unclean from the inside out (Matthew 15:15-20); and 3) marriage as God intended it from the beginning was the union of one man and one woman for life (Matthew 19:1-16). There’s not much wiggle room there!

I also pointed out that a first century Jewish teacher wouldn’t need to speak against homosexual practice, since it was universally rejected at that time among religious Jews.

The obvious questions for Piers Morgan are: Since you reject the authority of the Scriptures and the teaching of the Catholic Church, what do you mean when you say that you’re a Catholic Christian? And how do you determine what parts of the Bible are relevant for us today? By what standard or method of interpretation do you come to those conclusions?

Interestingly, Bill O’Reilly, a far more conservative Catholic than Morgan, had this to say about Robertson’s remarks on his December 20th show:

“Talking Points” believes Mr. Robertson has a constitutional right to define his religious beliefs but is misguided by targeting specific groups of people for damnation. If you adhere to the Christian philosophy you know that Jesus was quite clear, all judgments about the consequences of sin are to be made by God and God alone. We're all sinners, and because of that the Gospel of Luke 6:37, mandates -- mandates that Christian human beings refrain from judging others. Again, that is God's prerogative.

. . . HAVING WRITTEN A BOOK ABOUT JESUS, I KNOW THIS MUCH: he was adamantly against bad behavior that injures other people but he would not condemn a woman in his presence who was an adulteress.

And time and time the Nazarene persuaded folks that his way of living was worthy because it was so compassionate. Homosexual Americans should not be demonized just like devout Christians should not be demonized and people who have strong beliefs should understand the big picture. Portraying gay Americans as sinners gives license to harm them. It's insulting and demeaning.

To be sure, O’Reilly did a far better job of honoring the Scriptures and pointing to wonderful truths about the teaching and example of Jesus. And without a doubt, he rightly emphasized that Jesus is an equal opportunity Savior – we are all sinners in need of his mercy and he offers forgiveness equally to all. Kudos to Bill for pointing to Christ’s compassion.

But Jesus did not only leave final judgment to God. He also made very clear the kinds of things that God would judge.

And so, rather than “targeting specific groups of people for damnation” he grouped all of us together in the condemned column because of the universality of our sin, coming into the world to offer us salvation. (See John 3:16-21; for the record, Jesus also called us to make judgments, as long as they were not hypocritical or superficial: see Matthew 7:1-5; John 7:24. Paul also called us to judge the behavior of others who claimed to be followers of Jesus; see 1 Corinthians 5:1-13).

And while Jesus did not condemn the adulterous woman to be stoned to death, he also ordered her not to repeat her actions (John 8:11: “Go and sin no more”). And, in his most famous sermon, he stated that a man who looked at another woman lustfully had committed adultery in his heart and was worthy of the judgment of hell (Matthew 5:27-30).

That’s why Jesus died on the cross: to give all of us a way of salvation.

O’Reilly also overstates his case when he says that, “Portraying gay Americans as sinners gives license to harm them.”

Not so. The New Testament categorically and consistently speaks against homosexual practice, along with many other sins, but that doesn’t give anyone a license to harm the sinner. In fact, the New Testament constantly calls for compassionate love to be expressed to all.

So, the same Scriptures that speak against homosexual practice (and other sins) speak even more emphatically against doing harm to others. Why not preach both parts of the message: the sinfulness of homosexual practice (and other forbidden practices) and our calling to do no harm to our neighbor?

As many have noted, one of the most offensive things that Phil Robertson said – putting aside the coarseness of some of his language – was his statement that “neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God,” but in saying this, he was simply quoting the words of Paul (1 Corinthians 6:9-10).

Does O’Reilly then reject the moral standards put forth by Paul as well as use the teachings of Jesus selectively?

It’s one thing to question whether Phil Robertson should be the new face of evangelical Christianity in America (in my book he should not, with all respect to him for holding his ground on these sexual-moral issues).

It’s another thing to rewrite the Bible and reinvent Christian morality in an attempt to make it more palatable to the world. That’s exactly what Piers Morgan and (to a lesser extent) Bill O’Reilly have done.

http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/in-the-line-of-fire/42232-bill-o-reilly-and-piers-morgan-seek-to-reinvent-christian-morality
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2014, 09:25:43 am »

Piers Morgan is Catholic? Well, that explains why he shows a lot of preference to Rick Warren.(had him on his show a few times the last couple of years)

I wonder if Pope Frankie will do anything to excommunicate him now. Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2014, 03:48:54 am »

It’s another thing to rewrite the Bible and reinvent Christian morality in an attempt to make it more palatable to the world. That’s exactly what Piers Morgan and (to a lesser extent) Bill O’Reilly have done.

It's what Catholics have been doing for ages. Lie, mislead, deceive, it doesn't matter, they do it.

Besides, the official Catholic doctrine is that they don't believe the bible to be literally true or divine. They don't even think it a very good history book either. So it's no wonder the minions of the RCC would be spreading the same falsehoods.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2014, 04:15:09 pm »

Did You Know That Stephen Colbert Is a Devout Catholic Whose Childhood Was Impacted by a Very Traumatic Event?

Stephen Colbert is known for his over-the-top conservative pundit persona on his Comedy Central show, but he’s also a devout Catholic who regularly speaks about his faith.

And considering that “The Colbert Report” host will soon be stepping into an entirely new role when he replaces David Letterman on “The Late Show” next year, some are wondering how his religious views could possibly impact his new gig.

After all, Colbert has never minced words when it comes to his faith. In a 2012 interview with the New York Times, the comedian shared his spiritual journey as well as one of the most painful moments of his life: a 1974 plane crash that killed his father and two of his brothers when Colbert was only 10 years old.

“I’m not bitter about what happened to me as a child, and my mother was instrumental in keeping me from being so,” he told the Times.

Colbert said his mother, who died last year, taught him to be thankful regardless of life’s difficulties.

“She taught me to be grateful for my life regardless of what that entailed, and that’s directly related to the image of Christ on the cross and the example of sacrifice that he gave us,” he told the Times. “What she taught me is that the deliverance God offers you from pain is not no pain — it’s that the pain is actually a gift. What’s the option? God doesn’t really give you another choice.”

Colbert referenced his mother’s favorite prayer in a heartfelt tribute to her on his show after she died.

In a 2007 interview with NPR, Colbert said he once taught “a couple of years of CCD catechism” and described what he would tell one of his kids if they asked what or who God is.

“I think the answer that ‘God is love’ is pretty good for a child, because children understand love and, you know, I don’t want to get too much more complex with that with a second-grader,” he said.

Colbert also shared the answer he gave after his son once asked him about hell.

“If God is love, then hell is the absence of God’s love … can you imagine how great it is to be loved fully, to be loved totally, to be loved … beyond your ability to imagine it?” he recalled asking his son. “And imagine if you knew that that was a possibility — and then that was taken from you and know that you would never be loved.”

Colbert continued, “Well, that’s hell — to be alone and know what you’ve lost. And that was the best I could do.”

Listen to that interview below:

Colbert and New York Cardinal Timothy Dolan came together in 2012 to trade quips and deliver wisdom about their joint faith at a Fordham University event where the cardinal commended the comedian’s religious devotion.

“Part of my admiration for you is that, while you often tease and joke about your faith and the church, there’s no denying that you take your faith seriously, and look to the church as your spiritual family,” Dolan told Colbert. “In fact, when I met you last spring at a very glitzy gathering where you were the MC, the first thing you said to me was, ‘Cardinal Dolan, tomorrow night I’ll be with my son as he receives the sacrament of confirmation. Say a prayer for him, would you?’”

And let’s also remember that Colbert appeared at last year’s Alfred E. Smith Memorial Foundation Dinner, a Catholic charity event, where he roasted Pope Francis and Dolan.

Others, too, have highlighted Colbert’s intense faith. Los Angeles Times TV critic Mary McNamara covered the subject in detail last year, noting that “The Colbert Report” is “the one place on television where liberal Christianity is given a place at the table.”

McNamara continued, “The Passion of the Colbert. No one in popular culture talks about religion the way he does.”

The critic went on to say that Colbert doesn’t hide or downplay his faith, as he celebrates Ash Wednesday and observes Lent. And as the National Catholic Register noted, Colbert even recited the Nicene Creed, a proclamation that summarizes the Christian faith, on a 2006 episode of his show.

Father John Martin, one of the comedian’s friends, is also the official “Colbert Report” chaplain. Martin took to Twitter Thursday to congratulate the host on his new “Late Show” gig.

There’s no telling how Colbert’s faith will impact “The Late Show,” if at all, but it’s intriguing to see such a public figure embrace his religion so openly.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/04/11/did-you-know-that-stephen-colbert-is-a-devout-catholic-whose-childhood-was-impacted-by-a-very-traumatic-event/
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2014, 06:59:23 pm »

When I watched John Stewart years ago, Colbert would have his segments, one of them being on Christianity - he would all but mock and make distasteful jokes about Jesus Christ.

No, didn't have any idea he was part of any kind of "faith", but ultimately guess it's no surprise he's Catholic.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2014, 03:16:35 am »

He acts like a typical worldly Catholic. And no, no surprise at all. And yes, Colbert has done some really offensive anti-Christian stuff. That's why he's getting the throne after that creature Letterman.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2014, 06:43:57 pm »

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/fox-news-hits-third-worst-rated-week-since-221300424.html
Fox News Hits Third Worst-Rated Week Since 9/11 in Key Demo
5/19/14

If viewers notice extra yelling on Fox News lately, it might be because two recent weeks were among the cable channel's lowest-rated since before 9/11. The only weeks to do worse were Christmas's 2012 and 2013.

During the week of May 5, 2014 — the most recent for which numbers are available — Fox News delivered an average of 180,000 viewers in the key 25-54 demographic in live-plus-same-day measurement across the total day. That measures programming from 6 a.m. until the following 6 a.m. Fox pulled the same number the previous week, the week of April 28.

Over this past Christmas week, Fox News caught 176,000 viewers on average. The week of Dec. 24, 2012, Fox News pulled in 167,000.

The week of Sept. 3, 2001 saw an average of 95,000 viewers in the demo. The terrorist attacks a week later, obviously, created much more interest in cable news coverage.

The good news for Fox: Even when it's down, it still handily beats CNN and MSNBC across most ratings metrics.

In total viewers, Fox News Channel ranked No. 7 across total day. Competitors CNN and MSNBC ranked No. 36 and No. 31, respectively, for the week of May 5.

The post Fox News Hits Third Worst-Rated Week Since 9/11 in Key Demo appeared first on TheWrap.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2015, 12:52:22 pm »

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/blog/?p=32236

BILL O’REILLY CALLS BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS ‘DISTURBING’ AND COMPARES THEM TO ISLAMIC TERRORISTS (VIDEO)
4/4/15

WILL BILL’S NEXT BOOK BE CALLED “KILLING THE BIBLE”?

“Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.” John 3:7 (KJV)

For some reason, Bill O’Reilly has been on an anti-Christian rampage lately. He has already displayed his woeful ignorance of the Scriptures with his profit-motivated book and miniseries called “Killing Jesus”. Now he calls born again Christians “disturbing”.

If Bill knew anything about the bible, he would know where the expression to be “born again” first originated. In the third chapter of John, Jesus is talking to Nicodemus and he tells him this:

“Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” John 3:3 (KJV)

Bill mockingly states that “born again Christians believe that if you are not born again, you will go to Hell”. Well, guess what Bill? Jesus believes that, too, and that’s exactly what He told Nicodemus in the bible. But you would have to actually read the bible in order to know it’s in there, I guess.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2015, 01:41:13 pm »

“Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” John 3:3 (KJV)

Bill mockingly states that “born again Christians believe that if you are not born again, you will go to Hell”. Well, guess what Bill? Jesus believes that, too, and that’s exactly what He told Nicodemus in the bible. But you would have to actually read the bible in order to know it’s in there, I guess.

you nailed it right there.
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2015, 09:39:50 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2016, 06:30:41 pm »

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/roger-ailes-resigns-as-fox-news-chief-after-sexual-202228213.html
Roger Ailes Resigns as Fox News Chief After Sexual Harassment Accusations
7/21/16

The news chief exits the network after a 20-year career building Fox News into a ratings titan and financial powherhouse for boss Rupert Murdoch. Ailes’ downfall began after former anchor Gretchen Carlson filed a lawsuit against him, and other anchors began to speak out about inappropriate behavior.

Roger Ailes, the television impresario who built Fox News into a financial and ratings juggernaut, will leave the network he spent 20 years building under a cloud of sexual harassment accusations.

The announcement that Ailes is resigning came Thursday (July 21) from 21st Century Fox, the network’s corporate parent, after weeks of uncertainly about Ailes future at the company. The announcement said he’ll step down immediately, with Rupert Murdoch assuming the role of chairman and acting CEO of Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network.

Terms of the exit agreement have not been released, but Gabriel Sherman, New York magazine’s Ailes chronicler, reports that the embattled executive may get a massive $60 million payout to walk away. That sum is considerably more than the $40 million that sources tell THR that the 76-year-old owed on his current contract that originally extended into 2018.

Ailes’ exit marks the end of an era at Fox News Channel, the cable news landscape overall and at 21st Century Fox, where the news chief has enjoyed a long and close relationship with Rupert Murdoch. It was Murdoch’s idea to start a conservative cable news network more than 20 years ago, tapping Ailes, who shared Murdoch’s conservative ideology, to execute it. But since the 85-year-old Murdoch last summer ceded day-to-day control of 21st Century Fox to his sons James and Lachlan, many observers have predicted that Ailes’ days were probably numbered.

The powerful Fox News chief never had a warm relationship with the Murdoch sons and it was often combative, according to insider accounts. He immediately chafed at reporting to them and after a public power struggle in the days after James was elevated to CEO and Lachlan to executive chairman, the company announced that Ailes would in fact report to all three Murdochs. Rupert Murdoch retains the title of executive co-chairman.

In an interview with THR last summer, Lachlan Murdoch praised Ailes’ business acumen: “The business he’s built, and the channels he’s built, are terrific. We have a huge regard for him, and he’s done a great job.”

And certainly the priority at 21st Century Fox is to keep the network running smoothly through the transition. Ailes has created a business that contributes almost 25 percent to the bottom line of 21st Century Fox, the single most profitable asset in the company’s portfolio. Fox News and Fox Business generated $900 million in ad revenue, $1.5 billion in affiliate revenue and $2.5 billion in total revenue last year, according to data from SNL Kagan. Their operating income before depreciation and amortization (OIBDA) totaled $1.6 billion. (In comparison, Time Warner’s CNN and HLN generated $600 million in ad revenue, $700 million in affiliate fee revenue and $1.4 billion overall, with around $500 million in OIBDA.)

The next task is to put a succession plan in place. And multiple internal candidates have emerged, top among them, New York Post publisher Jesse Angelo, who enjoys a close relationship with the Murdochs (he was the best man at James Murdoch’s wedding), as well as Bill Shine, a longtime Fox News executive who runs primetime programming and also oversees Fox Business Network and Jay Wallace, who in April was promoted to executive vp news and editorial. David Rhodes, a former Fox News staffer who is now president of CBS News, is the lone external name floated, but he is under contract at CBS for the foreseeable future. And sources have dismissed reports that the Murdochs would bring in someone from their British broadcaster Sky.

Whoever takes over will obviously have their hands full. Megyn Kelly is currently in contract talks and the rest of the Fox News primetime hosts - Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity and Greta van Susteren - all have clauses in their contracts that allow them to exit if Ailes does. It is an unusual wrinkle that has not gone unnoticed by Wall Street.

Pivotal Research Group analyst Brian Wieser wrote in a July 20 report that the strong political cycle gives Fox News a fortuitous “headwind” during the transition. But he  also acknowledged that a “disruption of this nature may introduce some challenges. Reports that the unit’s CEO is set to depart in the wake of sexual harassment allegations introduce concerns for investors beyond the allegations themselves. Fox News is more heavily dependent on its CEO for its personality and operations than are most other networks. Because of this, the network has historically operated as an independent fief, and many of the network’s highest profile on-air commentators evidently prioritize loyalty to its current leader rather than to the parent company. These elements lead investors to question whether recent developments create new risks.”
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2016, 06:38:37 am »

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/harassment-crisis-builds-at-fox-news-despite-its-swift-moves/ar-BBvuK3v?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp
Harassment Crisis Builds at Fox News, Despite Its Swift Moves
8/10/16

When the anchor Gretchen Carlson filed a bombshell lawsuit accusing the Fox News chairman Roger Ailes of sexual harassment, Fox’s corporate masters moved fast.

A major law firm was hired to investigate. Two weeks later, Mr. Ailes was gone, ousted from the network he ran for two decades. Rupert Murdoch stepped in as chairman, sending a clear message: This is a fresh start.

But the grim tales about life under Mr. Ailes keep coming. More women have come forward, describing a culture of intimidation and misogyny, and telling of settlements they received to leave the network. Some of Mr. Ailes’s top deputies who remain in charge at Fox News have been accused of aiding his behavior. Inside the newsroom, employees are still on edge about what new stories might surface and which executives could be ensnared.

If the Murdoch family wanted to leap ahead of this scandal, it is now at risk of falling behind. Some people at Fox News are asking if meaningful change can occur inside a workplace still stocked with loyalists to Mr. Ailes. “People are waiting to see,” one staff member said.

Leaders at 21st Century Fox, eager to contain the fallout from Mr. Ailes’s departure — and keep the profitable news network humming during a ratings-magnet election — have remained quiet amid the new accusations.

The company is also facing scrutiny on whether it knew, or should have known, about Mr. Ailes’s allgeged behavior.

“What this has illustrated quite well is, if it wasn’t understood before, there was clearly a corporate control problem with respect to Fox News,” said Brian Wieser, a media industry analyst at Pivotal Research in New York.

A spokesman for 21st Century Fox, Nathaniel Brown, said in a statement on Wednesday, “The fact is, we have a robust compliance structure and strong controls embedded across our company.”

The company did not respond to questions about the claims of a hostile work environment made by other female employees since Ms. Carlson, the former Fox anchor who was let go in June, filed her suit.

The calculus for Mr. Murdoch and his management team is, to say the least, complex.

Officials at 21st Century Fox think that removing Mr. Ailes sent an unequivocal signal — to employees and the outside world — that the company is taking harassment concerns seriously. They say that lawyers from Paul, Weiss are pursuing an aggressive internal investigation.

Investigators so far have been focused on accusations of improper behavior by Mr. Ailes, not by others, according to people briefed on the inquiry. But the people have said the investigation is also looking at others who might have known of that behavior and not acted on it. Several women who have come forward with accusations said that investigators had not contacted them.

The latest accusations against Mr. Ailes came this week from a former daytime host, Andrea Tantaros. In an interview, Ms. Tantaros said that the former chairman, in one-on-one meetings, complimented her figure, asked questions about her dating life and requested a hug, making her uncomfortable.

Ms. Tantaros said that Fox News managers dismissed her complaints, then demoted her. Fox News officials denied this, saying that Ms. Tantaros was removed after publishing a book without previous approval, a breach of contract.

“The real issue that makes women so fearful and so afraid is what comes next,” she said. “At Fox, you have a company that not only sexual harasses, but is willing to empower its executives and use company resources to carry out ongoing harassment in the form of retaliation.”

Complicating matters for 21st Century Fox, Ms. Tantaros claimed that several Ailes lieutenants ignored her concerns, including the current general counsel, Dianne Brandi, and Bill Shine, a veteran producer who is now overseeing Fox’s newsroom alongside Mr. Murdoch.

Ms. Tantaros said in the interview that she complained about Mr. Ailes’s behavior and subsequent retaliation to Mr. Shine, whom she said told her, “Don’t fight this.’’

Through a spokesperson, Mr. Shine replied: “Andrea never made any complaints to me about Roger Ailes sexually harassing her.” Ms. Brandi also disputed Ms. Tantaros’s assertion.

Mr. Shine is a popular figure with some of the network’s veteran anchors. Removing Mr. Shine, temporarily or not, could reagitate the newsroom just as the fall presidential campaign begins, with tens of millions of dollars in advertising on the line.

Corporate governance and ethics experts say that 21st Century Fox and its board ought to have been aware of problems involving sexual harassment accusations at the network, as well as any payouts related to them.

If the parent company was unaware of the settlement, it would indicate “lax oversight,” Lucy P. Marcus, a corporate governance expert, wrote in an email. “If they had been aware of it, they should have investigated it years ago. The board and executive team needs to dig deeper into the culture to root out the cliques and culture that allowed this to carry on for so long.”

Of particular issue is a $3.15 million settlement that Laurie Luhn, a former booker at the network, said she received in 2011. In an interview with New York magazine, Ms. Luhn said that Mr. Ailes forced her into a yearslong sexual relationship.

Executives at 21st Century Fox have said they were only made aware of the settlement recently. On Wednesday, when asked to clarify exactly when it learned of it, the company declined to respond.

“One would hope that a $3 million settlement for sexual harassment would flow up the line to somebody in corporate management,” said Kirk O. Hanson, executive director of the Markkula Center for Applied Ethics at Santa Clara University. “At least today, that kind of settlement should come to the attention of the audit committee of the board.”

Mr. Hanson added: “The question is, did they have procedures in place to look at issues like this? And secondly, did they have someone try to report this that was then quashed by Rupert Murdoch or anyone else?”

Fox News officials said that Ms. Tantaros reported accusations of sexual harassment — and not directed toward Mr. Ailes — only after she was informed that she was in breach of contract for publishing a book, featuring a provocative cover, without advance approval. Barry Asen, an outside counsel for Fox News, said in an interview that the network investigated her claims and found them baseless.

“We wound up interviewing 12 or 15 people, all of whom denied everything she was alleging,” Mr. Asen said.

Ms. Tantaros maintains that she was within the terms of her contract and that the network is using it as an excuse to diminish her complaints about sexual harassment.

Twenty-first Century Fox is a global corporation, with $27.3 billion in revenue and thousands of employees. Some on Wall Street have appeared unbothered by the scandal, which merited little mention on a recent earnings call.

“Most investors would just hope that there wasn’t a bigger problem and move on to the next thing,” Mr. Wieser, the media analyst said. The company’s stock closed on Wednesday at $25.58 a share, down nearly 8 percent since Mr. Ailes’s ouster.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2016, 12:36:22 pm »

Shep Smith comes out as gay and denies that 'loving' Roger Ailes stopped him from revealing his sexuality as he speaks out about Fox News sex harassment scandal

Shepard Smith has publicly come out as a gay man in a new interview
    Smith, 52, spoke about his sexuality when asked if a report from 2013 claiming that Roger Ailes prevented him from coming out was true
    'That's not true. He was as nice as he could be to me. I loved him like a father,' said Smith of Ailes
    The popular Fox News anchor also spoke about the pain he felt in the wake of the network's recent sexual harassment scandal
    'This place has its enemies, but inside, it was very personal, and very scarring and horrifying,' said Smith

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3843718/Shep-Smith-comes-gay-man-denies-loving-Roger-Ailes-prohibited-revealing-sexuality-speaking-shock-Fox-News-sex-harassment-scandal.html#ixzz4NMh99DRx
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2016, 12:19:52 pm »

http://www.salon.com/2016/10/21/republicans-abandon-fox-news-roger-ailes-has-turned-gop-voters-from-their-favorite-channel/
10/21/16
Republicans abandon Fox News: Roger Ailes has turned GOP voters from their favorite channel
For the first time, Fox News is no longer a top-20 most trusted brand with conservatives

Since January, Fox News has seen a precipitous drop in its reputation amongst its mostly conservative viewership — falling to 50th place on a list of brands most trusted by Republicans over the past two years.

In 2014, the most dominant cable news channel was the 10th best-perceived brand by Republicans, according to AdAge. But in a YouGov Brand Index survey released at the end of February 2016, the perception of Fox News among Republicans had “declined by approximately 50 percent since January of this year” — to a three-year low.

And in a just-released 2016 YouGov BrandIndex ranking, Fox News’ position plummeted to outside of the top-20 for the first time. 

YouGov BrandIndex interviews 4,300 people each weekday from a representative U.S. population sample. Respondents are drawn from an online panel of more than 2 million individuals and survey results are sorted by respondents’ self-reported political affiliation: Republican, Democrat or Independent.

While Fox News’ ratings have remained high throughout the entire campaign season, its brand began to drop during the feud with Donald Trump.

Following the first GOP primary debate hosted by Fox News, the GOP nominee was set off by a question from moderator Megyn Kelly and went on to attack the network that had hosted him for weekly appearances.

Trump’s feud with Kelly tarnished the networks’ perception amongst viewers who suspected an anti-Trump bias. And while Trump still found safe refuge at “Fox & Friends” and even had Fox News host Sean Hannity appear in a campaign ad on his behalf, the blatant boosting alienated supporters of other Republican candidates.

Then one of the network’s most veteran female anchors accused former Fox News CEO Roger Ailes of sexual harassment.

After Gretchen Carlson filed a blockbuster lawsuit against the Fox News boss, the network saw its biggest shake-up with the retirement of longtime host Greta Van Susteren and the ousting of Ailes — who went on to join the Trump campaign as an adviser.

So, just as a Fox News host was selected as a presidential debate moderator for the first time ever, its former head was prepping Trump for the debate.

“I’m disappointed in Roger going to work for the Trump campaign,” third debate moderator and “Fox News Sunday” host Chris Wallace told the Los Angeles Times in an interview published Thursday. “We have had to fight back for a lot of years against claims that we’re an arm of the Republican Party. We aren’t.”

Enter Trump.TV. As Salon’s Matthew Sheffield’s explained, Trump will be ideally situated to benefit from the demise of the Fox News brand among Republicans. Reports since Ailes’ ousting indicate that Rupert Murdoch and sons Lachlan and James, who help run parent company 21st Century Fox, plan to begin shedding the network’s image as a right-wing media outfit in favor of a more serious journalistic effort.

Host Shepard Smith recently told the Huffington Post that Murdoch indicated after the Ailes scandal that he planned to make Fox News “the best news organization in the America.”

But a more mainstream news source is not what Republican viewers want. While Fox News’ reputational ranking went down, Republicans still despise both CNN and MSNBC much more. CNN and MSNBC were ranked 1,470 and 1,471, respectively.

“If you’re tired of biased, mainstream media reporting (otherwise known as Crooked Hillary’s super PAC), tune into my Facebook Live broadcast,” Trump told his supporters ahead of the third presidential debate Wednesday. According to the Financial Times, the nearly four hours of coverage had 8.9 million views by Thursday afternoon.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2017, 03:54:37 pm »

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/fox-rocked-bill-oreilly-fox-news-tucker-carlson-moved-time-slot/
FOX ROCKED: Bill O’Reilly Out At Fox News As Tucker Carlson Being Moved Into His Prime Time Slot
“Tucker Carlson Tonight” will move from its 9 p.m. spot into O’Reilly’s longtime 8 p.m. slot. "The O'Reilly Factor" has been the top-rated cable news show for the past 15 years, and the combative conservative host leaves big shoes to fill.

4/19/17

Fox News host Tucker Carlson is moving into Bill O’Reilly’s coveted 8 p.m. time slot in the wake of O’Reilly’s departure from the network

Fox unveiled its new weeknight schedule moments after announcing O’Reilly was leaving the network in the wake of sexual harassment allegations.

” … the company and Bill O’Reilly have agreed that Bill O’Reilly will not be returning to the Fox News Channel.” – Statement from 21st Century Fox

“Tucker Carlson Tonight” will move from its 9 p.m. spot into O’Reilly’s longtime 8 p.m. slot. “The O’Reilly Factor” has been the top-rated cable news show for the past 15 years, and the combative conservative host leaves big shoes to fill.
Bill O’Reilly Out At Fox News | Power Lunch | CNBC

But Carlson has shown a knack for drawing ratings at Fox.

Originally airing at 7 p.m. when it debuted in September, “Tucker Carlson Tonight” was moved to the 9 p.m. spot after Megyn Kelly left Fox News in November. Kelly had been the second-most-watched host on cable, but Carlson bested her ratings in the time slot.

Taking over at 9 p.m. will be “The Five,” a panel show with six co-hosts: Kimberly Guilfoyle, Dana Perino, Bock Beckel, Greg Gutfeld, Jesse Watters and Juan Williams.
What a difference a month makes:

Just a few weeks ago, Tucker Carlson was interviewing Bill on his new book. Now he has taken his time slot and is replacing him.

The move to prime time is a promotion for “The Five,” which previously aired at 5 p.m.

Fox will be filling the 5 p.m. slot with a new show hosted by Eric Bolling, a longtime O’Reilly fill-in. Bolling’s show will debut May 1, with “Special Report with Bret Baier” stretching to two hours to fill the time until then.

Fox’s announcement also noted that “The Story with Martha MacCallum” will debut on May 1 at 7 p.m. MacCallum had been in that time slot hosting “The First 100 Days,” a show centered on the beginning of President Trump’s administration. The network appears to be giving her a vote of confidence with a permanent show. source
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: