End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 03:04:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The Lord is My Shepherd I Shall Not Want

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Lord is My Shepherd I Shall Not Want  (Read 1018 times)
AlexMay

View Profile
« on: December 23, 2010, 11:53:12 pm »

I found my self saying this while upset and in a quarrel with my significant other, and i was trying to call my mom because i just needed some comfort, but i knew she couldnt do anything about it and it would just worry her so i kinda didnt want to call but i really needed my mommy at the moment.. well she didnt answer the phone so instead of calling her again i started saying "The Lord is My Sheperd I shall Not Want" and i went into the living room and saw the dog's leg stuck on the blinds and i realized finally in my heart truley more deeply what that meant. I am not to think about what i want not just for no good reason, but because if i dont get selfish, then the Lord can use me to help His creations or do His will. If i was in there calling my mom again getting comfort I wouldnt have seen the dog in distress and been able to help the poor guy. God is good. Even when I am a wicked smoker who has no self control, the Lord didnt throw me away. I love God! I pray I ccan do His will more and more everyday.

Oh and Jesus answered my prayers to take away the sadness and quarrel between us and I was so sure I didnt deserve it to be answered but the Lord is merciful and I am forever grateful and endebted. He is amazing.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 07:11:24 am »

amen!!
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Kilika
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 03:06:36 am »

Even when I am a wicked smoker who has no self control, the Lord didnt throw me away

Well thank you Jesus for His mercy and longsuffering with us. But I have to ask why you say "wicked smoker"?
Report Spam   Logged
AlexMay

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 06:32:47 pm »

Even when I am a wicked smoker who has no self control, the Lord didnt throw me away

Well thank you Jesus for His mercy and longsuffering with us. But I have to ask why you say "wicked smoker"?

all our best deeds are as filthy rags.  smoking is not good to my body which is supposed to be the Lords to hold the holy spirit to do His will but I give into the flesh and smoke weed and cigarettes.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 03:29:16 am »

Who says smoking is not good for the body? Seems our Lord says otherwise. "Let your moderation be made known unto all men. the Lord is at hand". If you decide that it is unclean for you, I suggest you don't do it. Don't listen to the world or anybody else that says it's bad for you. Listen to Jesus!

10   And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand: 
11   Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man. 
Matthew 15:10,11 (KJB)

"I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that [there is] nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him [it is] unclean." Romans 14:14 (KJB)

"[It is] good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor [any thing] whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak." Romans 14:21 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Gabriel
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 06:48:33 am »

all our best deeds are as filthy rags.  smoking is not good to my body which is supposed to be the Lords to hold the holy spirit to do His will but I give into the flesh and smoke weed and cigarettes.

"wicked bong toker"  Ha!!! Alex, I know the flesh tempts us daily. It's so hard so say no to many things. I do have a question. Is a voice inside you asking you to stop or telling you it's not good or some sort of guilty conscious about smoking cigarettes and pot or either or? If so I suggest we listen. It is time we become our best for our Lord Jesus Christ. Smiley I don't think I want to be smoking when the Lord comes.
Report Spam   Logged
AlexMay

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 09:46:40 am »

"wicked bong toker"  Ha!!! Alex, I know the flesh tempts us daily. It's so hard so say no to many things. I do have a question. Is a voice inside you asking you to stop or telling you it's not good or some sort of guilty conscious about smoking cigarettes and pot or either or? If so I suggest we listen. It is time we become our best for our Lord Jesus Christ. Smiley I don't think I want to be smoking when the Lord comes.

Its definately a guilty concience because at first i thought  it was a liberty, but then i was reading about giving into the flesh and started to wonder if that is part of it ... plus when i mention any quotes from the bible, my mom (raised catholic) says God wouldnt want me to smoke.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 11:52:56 am »

I'd listen to scripture over your mother! I can guarantee the scriptures are correct, your mother however, not so much.

If it's received with thanksgiving what's the problem? If your not thankful and not moderate, yes, you need to repent. Otherwise, as scripture says, it is NOT unclean of itself. It does not defile you or anyone else.

You gonna believe Jesus or your mother?

Ever wondered why Jesus asked who His mother and brethren are? Look it up, it's not the answer one might expect.

You also have the freedom to exercise Romans 14:21 if you choose, but here's even more...

1   Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 
2   Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; 
3   Forbidding to marry, [and commanding] to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. 
4   For every creature of God [is] good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving: 
5   For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer. 
1 Timothy 4:1-5 (KJB)

30   For if I by grace be a partaker, why am I evil spoken of for that for which I give thanks?
31   Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:30 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 01:05:02 pm »

1Co 3:16  Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
1Co 3:17  If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Maybe this verse itself would pretty much conclude smoking is demonic?

Also, look at all the fast-food joints(just to throw this out there too) like McDonald's, Wendy's, BK, Chick-A-File, etc that put alot of these poison ingredients, I mean ALOT of them that have harmed the healths, both physical and mental, of everyone, especially our youth. Which is why I TRY to avoid them.

It's funny how they promote these founders like they're pillars of the communities. Before Wendy's founder Dave Thomas died, he was highly esteemed as one of the most generous and giving men. Ditto the Chick-A-File owner - to his credit, he closes the chains in Sundays because it's the Lord's Day. However, having seen him interviewed on FOX one time, he would talk about giving tithe, but not once did I hear him mention Jesus Christ(or witness his gospel). Seriously, if the CAF owners were true born agains, I seriously doubt God would allow them to run a billion-dollar franchise aimed at polluting the minds of people. And also, Dave Thomas himself, from what I understand, was a Freemason.

Anyhow, as for the OP - I too have lots of temptations from the lusts of the flesh. But Thank You Jesus for your Word and your Mercy you have for us.
Report Spam   Logged
AlexMay

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2010, 06:19:40 pm »

thanks you all for the wonderful insight. it helps when people can point out parts of the bible to me as i am still fairly new at reading it. When I think about it, maybe the weed is something i need more moderation with considering it makes my mind a little confused at times lol, i try to push more and more time in between doing it and ask the Lord to help me forget I was going to smoke it until more time has passed.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2010, 10:50:32 pm »

thanks you all for the wonderful insight. it helps when people can point out parts of the bible to me as i am still fairly new at reading it. When I think about it, maybe the weed is something i need more moderation with considering it makes my mind a little confused at times lol, i try to push more and more time in between doing it and ask the Lord to help me forget I was going to smoke it until more time has passed.

I myself didn't start seriously getting into the 1611 KJV until summer of last year(2009), however, I still have a LONG way to go in terms of the understanding of it. Ultimately, we are all in the same boat. Doesn't matter if we've been lifelong bible readers of many years, or just briefly started for a few days.

I have to keep reminding myself of this-
Gal 6:3  For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.

Luk 14:11  For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2010, 01:46:51 am »

Are you serious BA2? Demonic? Did you read the post I made? You can't be telling people it's demonic when scripture says just the opposite. God says it's good if received with thanksgiving, and nothing that goes into the mouth defiles the man. What part of that don't you understand?

It may become demonic for you if you think it's demonic! In that case, I'd advise a serious discussion with our Lord about what your doing.

I'll repeat scripture again..."there is nothing unclean of itself..." It's that simple.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2010, 06:37:16 am »

Are you serious BA2? Demonic? Did you read the post I made? You can't be telling people it's demonic when scripture says just the opposite. God says it's good if received with thanksgiving, and nothing that goes into the mouth defiles the man. What part of that don't you understand?

It may become demonic for you if you think it's demonic! In that case, I'd advise a serious discussion with our Lord about what your doing.

I'll repeat scripture again..."there is nothing unclean of itself..." It's that simple.

Here's the passage again...

1Co 3:16  Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
1Co 3:17  If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2010, 12:11:38 pm »

That scripture is true, thank you Jesus. However, it appears your using in the exact same context as the organized church.

Tell me how the verses I posted don't apply? Jesus says that which goes into the mouth doesn't defile the man, it's what comes out of the mouth, that defileth the man.

What part of that scripture do you not understand?

Let's take a look at what you posted a littel closer, shall we? Context is everything...

10   According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. 
11   For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 
12   Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; 
13   Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 
14   If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 
15   If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. 
16   Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and [that] the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 
17   If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which [temple] ye are.
1 Corinthians 3:10-17 (KJB)

I stop there because the subject changes with the next verse. So now it seems different now doesn't it? It's not talking about food at all, it's talking about building and the work one does and how that work with be tested by fire. Then it goes further, reminding us that we are in fact the temple for God to dwell in, but it says instead of destroying the works of the believer it directly points to destroying the believer. But wait, how can God say two different things? He said the works would be tried by fire to see what isn't burned, but what does it say about the person that did those works?

"but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire"

Look at that. That's a verse that the crowd who believe one can lose their salvation rather not talk about! THAT's the tribulation, the trial by fire the believers go through(remember the verse that says we are brought through the fire?) and the trial of one's works. Seeing it's Jesus/the Spirit that does the works, I know what works Jesus does through me will stand the test of the flame.

So how can God destroy by fire His own? Jesus told the Father of all the Father gave Him, He's lost NONE! So what is God destroying? Unbelievers. Unholy vessels that have no light in them. Not food eaters! It is a reminder that nothing matters as towhat you do as far as works of the flesh, it's about what spirit is inside you. It has nothing to do with meats and drinks...

8   The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing: 
9   Which [was] a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience; 
10   [Which stood] only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed [on them] until the time of reformation. 
11 ¶ But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building; 
12   Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption [for us]. 
13   For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh: 
14   How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? 
15   And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions [that were] under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance. 
Hebrews 9:8-15 (KJB)

Food unclean? Could be if that's what you consider it, for you. But you can't go telling others that the food you consider unclean is also unclean for them too, because that is not scriptural as I've shown you. Look up what it says about eating food that's offered in sacrifice to other gods for additional info on the truth. Jesus says what I eat will not harm me. I believe that, but do you?

"They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover." Mark 16:18 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: