End Times and Current Events
March 29, 2024, 03:27:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Can you lose your salvation?

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you lose your salvation?  (Read 4341 times)
Charrington

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2011, 01:59:52 pm »

John 10:
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
30 I and my Father are one.

Hebrews 13:
5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Heb. 3:14
14 For we actually become partakers of the Christ only if we make fast our hold on the confidence we had at the beginning firm to the end,

Those are very nice scriptures but really don't deal with the whole story plucked out like that - As Jesus will not forsake anyone unless they forsake him. It's pretty obvious by the scriptures that even the apostles were afraid of backsliding and warned against it many many times. Why would they do that if you couldn't lose salvation? People back then would have looked at them like they were nuts for even mentioning it. No, but that's not how their message was received in the Congregations.

Jesus himself said "he that endures till the end" (possibly even to the death) is the one he saves.
Matt. 10:22; 24:12, 13; Mark 13:13 --

There actually would be no point in the law of Christ or of any God's laws if you are saved no matter what you do. After all God himself says "the soul that is sinning will surely die". The purpose of cleansing the earth is to get rid of those sinning not to make a way for sinners to continue sinning.

Of course that doesn't mean you have to die nor will everyone but it does mean just because you have the chance for eternal life you automatically receive it because you simply believe in Jesus. I realize the scripture that people think "entitles" them to this however, it doesn't in any way exclude them from these other scriptures that state other wise - including ones Jesus himself said in Matthew. He's not contradicting himself, but better telling those that would follow him that if they do indeed follow "every utterance from his mouth" they will be able to obtain the gift of everlasting life.

The wolves are not saved people, they aren't sheep.

Yet Jesus said when he was talking to the apostles not to look down on them because MANY of them (the apostles) were once as they were (Wolves). Take Paul himself -- actually was there and HELPED in the mob murder of Stephen.

And looking from the other direction Paul told the disciples of Christ that they should be on guard against apostasy -- those leaving Christs fold and returning to teach apostasy to the Congregations and stumble or mislead those brothers - there by costing them their lives. That was a warning to you also...
That is the point...

Surely Paul was a saved Christian? Yet Paul was the one that gave the illustration of running a race 1 Cor. 9:24-27, and believed that even he could be “disqualified” from the race. As he pointed out.

Yet as long as he continued to ‘run that he might obtain’ the prize, thus remaining in the race, salvation was assured. This is why Christians who remain in the race can be said to ‘have everlasting life.’ But if they should ever quit the race, they are “disqualified,” losing their hold on everlasting life.

Paul followed up his remarks on the Christian’s race by cautioning about the danger of overconfidence.
1 Cor. 10:1-12.

What would be the point of stressing any of this at all - if once saved always saved?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: