End Times and Current Events
April 19, 2024, 09:21:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Re you certain of your salvation?

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re you certain of your salvation?  (Read 147 times)
theBIBLICALdude
« on: December 26, 2010, 03:06:27 am »

The following post came from matthew18twenty.com and was not written by thebiblicaldude but another.
It is a good look at our selves and it asks a valid question to everyone that claims the status of Christian on this site. I thought it would be a good read.

http://matthew18twenty.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=429[/b]Double Check your Relationship with Christ!
Posted Originally by: johnthebaptist @ matthew18twenty.com

One day there will be an awakening. There will be an event that happens and in this event on or two things are going to be said. You will either hear "Well done thou good and faithful servant" or "Depart from me, I know you not" and there is a sad realization that I would like to bring up today and that is everyone that claims Christ as savior believes that they are in category one, the "Well done thou good and faithful servant" category and no one believes they are in the second category but when we apply scripture to the meaning of all of this we can see that there are going to be many that fall under category 2.

What is it that I mean by this? Let us search the scriptures and we shall see.

Well done faithful servant:

(Matthew 25:21 KJV) His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

What we have here is a picture of what is going to happen to some of us when we meet Christ. He is going to see us as a good and faithul servant and access to heaven will then be granted. This is a picture of the faithful that have faithfully trusted in Christ as their savior and are covered under the blood that Christ shed on the cross. We are his sheep and we hear his voice, and we have been sanctified and at that point glorified with new bodies that will not be subjected to fleshly lusts any more. We will at that point an time be complete and we will be told well done not on what we have done in good works, but where our heart was and how pure our conversion from sinner to saint was. What that means is that we will what Christ was talking about in the parable of the sower as the "Good ground" in that we received the Gospel, repented and totally turned to Christ Jesus. We have trusted the Gospel message and that was Christ died for our sins and was placed in the tomb and rose again on the third day and we trust in the promise that he said he would prepare a place for us. Our very nature has been changed from corruptable in God's eyes to incorruptable and even though we are in these fleshly bodies we are empowered by the Holy Spirit and made able to overcome the things of the world.

Depart from me

Matthew 7:21-23 KJV
(21) Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
(22) Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
(23) And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

This group I want you to take notice at the key phrase in verse 22. Notice that they call him Lord, and they remind him of the work that they did in His name, showing that they were indeed followers of Christ in name but his response in verse 23 shows that they were indeed not followers by heart. Their conversion was false and they had unchanged hearts and it clearly states Christ did not know them. To be known by Christ is simple, in this context Christ does not know them as him [Christ] being their shepard, but he knows them in name only. There is no relationship becasue those people falsely trusted in Christ under false professions and did not have the Holy Spirit in them. There are MANY of those people today out in an outward appearance doing good things but they are as corrupt as they can be on the inside and sadly not everyone can spot the devils, but God knows their hearts and the people are led astray becasue of their lack of faith in God and their lack of the scriptures for two. Not knowing the scriptures is a dangerous area to be in as you can fall victim to false teachings and false doctrines becasue you don't know the truth or don't care to find it. This is the type of person that is in reference here and the bottom line is this:

They profess to know Christ and will not find out that they do not know him until Christ himself says "I know you not" and this is a bad place to be in. Thinking all the time on earth you were ready for the metting of you and Jesus only to die and be told by Him that He does not know you.

So while everyone is praying for the return for Christ, I believe we need to let God handel his business and everyone of you stop and evalutate your relationship with Christ and be sure as you can be that if Christ came today you would go with him to paradise.

Are you certain of your salvation? Are you certain of your relationship with Christ? Are you ready? I hope so....
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: