End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 05:08:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

King James Only a Cult?

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: King James Only a Cult?  (Read 2789 times)
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« on: July 30, 2011, 04:23:20 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF_kygGg2BI&feature=channel_video_title

If you believe the Authorized Version of the Bible is perfect, are you in a cult? Or is it rather that the Alexandrian Cult is terrified you might leave their priestly compound by discovering for yourself the glorious liberty of reading God's very words in your own English tongue? "In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the LORD." 1 Cor. 14:21. "The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever." Psalm 12:6-7. A "cult" believes men's words instead of God's word. The King James Bible is God's words and it destroys all cults.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lisa
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 05:47:44 am »

Intersting one this-My view (view and for discussion).

If you are promoting the concept that you MUST  read a KJV or promote etc to be saved, then this is a cult.

Of course the KJV and TR translation bibles are the real word of God, but always we must stand on-For it is by faith that you are saved.

Satan always oversteps the mark and this is an example of him doing that yet again (a common strategy).
Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 08:08:52 am »

You know, I wonder why today's "church" doesn't call out Freemasonry and the Roman Catholic Church system as cults.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 08:38:46 am »

Intersting one this-My view (view and for discussion).

If you are promoting the concept that you MUST  read a KJV or promote etc to be saved, then this is a cult.

Of course the KJV and TR translation bibles are the real word of God, but always we must stand on-For it is by faith that you are saved.

Satan always oversteps the mark and this is an example of him doing that yet again (a common strategy).

Did you just say that? Wow. You admit that the KJB is THE Word of God, yet you claim that it's a cult if it is claimed that the KJB must be read for salvation?

So are you saying that it's okay for Christians to read other books that claim they are bibles?

Please clarify.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 11:34:11 am »

Did you just say that? Wow. You admit that the KJB is THE Word of God, yet you claim that it's a cult if it is claimed that the KJB must be read for salvation?

So are you saying that it's okay for Christians to read other books that claim they are bibles?

Please clarify.

I was wondering the same thing too - so if, let's say, you were witnessing to someone, and if you see them have THE MESSAGE/NEW CENTURY/COMMON ENGLISH(or some other New Age version) in their hands, would you just say nothing? Shouldn't at least by truth and love show them the correct KJV version?

It's alot like seeing your neighor's stove on fire from outside, but instead of calling the fire department, we sit back and do nothing while it burns.
Report Spam   Logged
Lisa
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 11:59:25 am »

Too right i would tell them about their bible version being fake. But its a very similar issue to Lordship salvation. Should Christ be Lord over your life-Yeah absolutely. But what is the total central tenet of salvation whereby a man that a man cannot be saved unless he 'knows' this to be true....It is faith in the shed blood of the lamb as being sufficient and absolute. Anything else added (eg you must read the KJV, you must make Christ your Lord, you must have said a sinners prayer, take communion, be baptised etc etc) is adding to faith (works) and hence I believe that it becomes a false gospel.

L
(Dok recently pointed out that a Rabbi that i receive mail from was using the CJB hich is Alexandrian in base text and i have sent himlots of info on his fak translation-so im not shy of speaking the truth on this matter).
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 03:50:48 am »

Anything else added (eg you must read the KJV, you must make Christ your Lord, you must have said a sinners prayer, take communion, be baptised etc etc) is adding to faith (works)

Well, we actually ARE suppose to read the KJV! It is the THE Word of God, right?

And yes, you are suppose to make Christ Jesus your Lord, and yes, you are required to be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

Those things aren't optional, so I don't know why your referencing them in the context you are. Your last post really causes me serious concern about your scriptural understanding. Maybe you just wrote it wrong from what you intended to say, if so, please say so, because that post says some very undoctrinal things.

Baptized is "works"? Maybe the dunking in a bucket of water, sure. But we do experience a spiritual baptism that is a requirement for salvation because that is the gift of the Holy Ghost, the Comforter, that seals us to salvation. It's otherwise known as being born-again.

So you didn't really answer about the bible. Are you saying people can read any bible in addition to the KJB? Are you saying it is not a requirement to read the KJB?
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 09:27:26 am »

Well, we actually ARE suppose to read the KJV! It is the THE Word of God, right?

And yes, you are suppose to make Christ Jesus your Lord, and yes, you are required to be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

Those things aren't optional, so I don't know why your referencing them in the context you are. Your last post really causes me serious concern about your scriptural understanding. Maybe you just wrote it wrong from what you intended to say, if so, please say so, because that post says some very undoctrinal things.

Baptized is "works"? Maybe the dunking in a bucket of water, sure. But we do experience a spiritual baptism that is a requirement for salvation because that is the gift of the Holy Ghost, the Comforter, that seals us to salvation. It's otherwise known as being born-again.

So you didn't really answer about the bible. Are you saying people can read any bible in addition to the KJB? Are you saying it is not a requirement to read the KJB?

I was about the say the same thing - so are you saying(not you Kilika, the person you're responding to) that if I switched back to reading the NIV, everything will still be OK b/c I was saved under grace so I won't be living under sin, despite the fact that I know the NIV is corrupt?

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2011, 09:31:51 am »

Rom 6:15  What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Lisa
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2011, 12:24:02 pm »

Grace is a very definite thing-Suppose that i were to give you a gift and you sent me back a note accepting this gift and also giving me 1 dollar-Would that gift still be a gift?

Man finds this difficult to accept and its why this is the narrow way-If you add anything to the gift it ceases to be a gift.I am preaching nothing different to what Christians have preached since Paul-This was in essence what caused the apostle Paul to get his hair off in Galatians (O ye foolish galatians who has bewitched you). Salvation is a free gift and as soon as I do something to earn this gift be it baptism, making Christ my Lord, reading the KJV (even though it is the word of God) etc then i fall from Grace.

Heres another one which Satan likes to use to frustrate the gospel-Having faith in my own faith (again its originating from me).Use a finger and pray about this-From where is what point in the world does your salvation come from-Salvation must be entirely at the mercy seat of God (my faith is entirely in the shed blood of Christ and in NOTHING ELSE).

See using that test your finger would point to yourself if you are saying that your salvation is somehow lnked to reading the KJV.

In terms of reading another book, or getting baptised etc (those worthy things we spoke about)-your are going into the realms of anti-nomianism-I think that Paul talks about this in another place in scripture (shall we sin so that Grace can abound-). Sorry i cant paste the scripture but imin hols and not on my deskop which has my KJV links etc.But yep Paul had that base covered-Nothing new under the sun.

L
Report Spam   Logged
Lisa
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2011, 12:26:52 pm »

Another thought-the theif on the cross was the only person that we know for sure was saved Nowhere else does Jesus affirm salvation in such clear terms (we assume Paul an Peter were save) but to the theif he says-You shall be in paradise before me-

He had nver read the KJV, or been baptised.

L
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2011, 12:50:02 pm »

Another thought-the theif on the cross was the only person that we know for sure was saved Nowhere else does Jesus affirm salvation in such clear terms (we assume Paul an Peter were save) but to the theif he says-You shall be in paradise before me-

L

The thief on the cross isn't the only one, and he won't be the last one - there's been many on their death bed and on death row in prison that got saved at the very last second.

However, every one of us has gotten saved once upon a time ago, and aren't we all still alive now? There's no excuse for us, nor for anyone else who's saved and still alive to ignore the KJV.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2011, 01:12:32 pm »

L

Rom 10:17  So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Luk 16:13  No servant can serve two masters:
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Lisa
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2011, 01:28:08 pm »

Please guys im begging you humbly to pray about this (its such a crucial point). Take it before Father and ask him to make it clear to you....

Satan is blinding you and stealing from my King over this point..

I would be as bold to say that if you add reading the King James bible to having faith in the shed blood of Christ-you fall from grace. You cannot in anyway earn your salvation. I would be bold enough to say that I could (im not going to) but i could spend my afternoon reading the NIV and it would not affect my salvation one jot.

Its a gift-Its free.Its not dependent upon doing anything or reading something. Gift.He gives it (has given it) and i take it. Simple as that. I read his word because i trust that it will make me strong. Its a secondary issue.

Promise me that you willmeditate over this issue-don trust me-take it before the King in prayer.

L

Report Spam   Logged
PeanutGallery

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2011, 02:21:54 pm »

Please guys im begging you humbly to pray about this (its such a crucial point). Take it before Father and ask him to make it clear to you....
Think about it; you are expecting a letter from someone dear to you.
The letter arrives, but you notice you do not have the original letter; instead, the letter was intercepted, edited, words removed and changed.
You have not lost your dear friend; however, the words you read are not entirely from your friend.
God, in His mercy, has preserved the gospel of salvation; yet, He has permitted Satan to corrupt enough of the Bible to deceive and lead astray.

Joh_14:23  Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 02:24:35 pm by PeanutGallery » Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2011, 04:30:00 pm »

I would be as bold to say that if you add reading the King James bible to having faith in the shed blood of Christ-you fall from grace. You cannot in anyway earn your salvation. I would be bold enough to say that I could (im not going to) but i could spend my afternoon reading the NIV and it would not affect my salvation one jot.

Its a gift-Its free.Its not dependent upon doing anything or reading something. Gift.He gives it (has given it) and i take it. Simple as that. I read his word because i trust that it will make me strong. Its a secondary issue.

Promise me that you willmeditate over this issue-don trust me-take it before the King in prayer.

L

Rom 6:1  What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
Rom 6:2  God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
Rom 6:3  Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Rom 6:12  Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
Rom 6:13  Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

No, I'm not saying we're commanded to live in sinless perfection(nope, this won't happen, we probably have a better shot at winning the state lottery than this), however, this does not mean we are free to sin once we are saved. Otherwise, it wouldn't be a good witness to others.

Rom 12:1  I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Rom 12:2  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

The 2nd verse in 12 pretty much confirms we need to read the KJV, and not some other perverted version.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2011, 04:35:33 pm »

How many times Jesus warned us of deception?

Luk 21:8  And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them. Didn't the translaters of the NIV say Jesus is the Son of God?

Rom 7:11  For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.
Rom 7:12  Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
Rom 7:13  Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

1Co 6:9  Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
1Co 6:10  Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
1Co 6:11  And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Gal 6:7  Be not deceived; God is not mocked: isn't that what the translators of the corrupt versions do?for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
Gal 6:8  For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

Report Spam   Logged
Lisa
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2011, 11:10:25 am »

Imreally interested in your 'doctrine'-out of interest, where i the book does it say that i am saved by faith plus reading the KJV?

Idont think that half of the early church could even read-and so if that is true-WOW o wow, you cannot be saved unless you can read-thats really quite a scary thought....!!!!

L
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2011, 11:35:57 am »

Imreally interested in your 'doctrine'-out of interest, where i the book does it say that i am saved by faith plus reading the KJV?

Idont think that half of the early church could even read-and so if that is true-WOW o wow, you cannot be saved unless you can read-thats really quite a scary thought....!!!!

L

Where ELSE are they going to get TRUTH? Are you also saying someone can read Warren's Purpose Driven Life regularly or Osteen's Your Best Life Now and still be saved?

How many times did Jesus and the Apostle say "Be ye not deceived...". Even Paul said do not have fellowship with the wicked and unbelievers - the NIV came out of Rupert Murdoch's Zonderfan. Zonderfan is responsible for all this immoral filth...so I guess kicking the NIV out of fellowship would qualify, right?

Whatever happened to OBEDIENCE?

Yes, being a Christian, having DISCERNMENT is a HUGE must - from my experiences when I was just a "window shopping" Christian way back in 2004, my previous church yoked up with Warren's PDL program. B/c I lacked discernment, I went along with the program and thought Warren was a wonderful man just b/c my pastor said it as well as the MSM blokes like Larry King and Sean Hannity. If anything, I have regrets back then that I payed more attention in moving up in success in this world instead of getting grounded in the word of God - ultimately, there ARE consequences(even if you are saved) if you don't get grounded in spiritual meat daily.
Report Spam   Logged
PeanutGallery

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2011, 01:49:26 pm »

Already explained; the gospel truth saves; corrupt bible will lead astray and deceive.

Faith comes by hearing the truth of the gospel; how does one protect themselves from the leaven of false teaching?
2Tim 2:15  Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
Report Spam   Logged
Believer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2011, 03:10:20 pm »

Already explained; the gospel truth saves; corrupt bible will lead astray and deceive.
Faith comes by hearing the truth of the gospel; how does one protect themselves from the leaven of false teaching?
2Tim 2:15  Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

I think Lisa means that there were a whole slew of Christians in the history of the world who never read the KJV, meaning before it was translated. I'm pretty sure that God's can save any He wishes, however He wishes according to His Word and that it can be rightly divided without that particular translation, hence even the Apostles spoke without it and I am sure those who believed in faith were saved.  It is faith and the Holy Spirit's guidance to the Truth that is needed...not just the Bible.  A Bible is just a physical thing that even a non-believer can hold in his hand and throw into the fire, but no one can take the faith that is within us.

Report Spam   Logged
PeanutGallery

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2011, 04:20:40 pm »

I think Lisa means that there were a whole slew of Christians in the history of the world who never read the KJV, meaning before it was translated. I'm pretty sure that God's can save any He wishes, however He wishes according to His Word and that it can be rightly divided without that particular translation, hence even the Apostles spoke without it and I am sure those who believed in faith were saved.  It is faith and the Holy Spirit's guidance to the Truth that is needed...not just the Bible.  A Bible is just a physical thing that even a non-believer can hold in his hand and throw into the fire, but no one can take the faith that is within us.
Totally agree; however, in our time with unrestricted access to bibles, God will lead those who seek God's word to the KJB.
I used a variety of Bibles, was even saved from a catholic bible; eventually, as I learned that there were differences between bibles, God did lead me to the KJB.
God is merciful and graceful to those who haven't even considered that bibles are different.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2011, 05:27:27 pm »

While we're on the subject of this faith +/- works discussion...

Yes, we are saved through faith by the blood of our Lord Jesus Christ, and NOT with our works...however, there are conditions, you.

I mean for example, let's say your grocery store is giving out free watermelon - are they going to do so where any average joe can come by anytime during the day and pick up how many they want to to their heart's desire? No, absolutely NOT. When stores do these bargain deals, they will give conditions, unsurprisingly. For example, they would only have you come by b/w, let's say, 12-5pm from Mon through Fri(not weekends), and will only limit you to let's say no more than 2. But hey, even just for 1 or 2, it's FREE, wouldn't you grab a mere couple if they were offered to you, especially considering how high their prices are? But at the same time, it's not like they'll make you clean their bathroom floors or their backalley garbage can(think WORKS here) to get this free watermelon. Does everyone here follow me?

It's the same with being saved, it's not by our works at all, however, we have to BELIEVE from the HEART that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and resurrected after shedding his blood for our sins. Now THAT'S the CONDITION. And once we do so, wouldn't the Holy Spirit guide us in all wisdom and discernment, including leading us to the KJV(eventually), and for that matter too out of the 501c3 churches?
Report Spam   Logged
Eliora

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2011, 06:03:08 pm »

I get what Lisa is saying. From my understanding of what she has written so far and I do agree with her it is not compulsory to be saved using the KJV because then it won't saved by grace through faith alone. I know of many people who got saved using the NIV. So saying that a person can only get saved by reading the KJV would be wrong as we are saved by Christ.
 However after you have been born again and confronted with the Bible version issue and believe it and practise it but then go back to using the false version I believe you are then in sin because you have been shown the truth and chosen to go back to practise the lie like a dog returning to its vomit.
Report Spam   Logged
PeanutGallery

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2011, 06:49:31 pm »

However after you have been born again and confronted with the Bible version issue and believe it and practise it but then go back to using the false version I believe you are then in sin because you have been shown the truth and chosen to go back to practise the lie like a dog returning to its vomit.
But, does one lose their salvation?  One may lose peace, fellowship with God; you would think repentance would kick in.
Report Spam   Logged
jackie

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2011, 06:56:53 pm »

Thanks Bornagain2, that post really ministered to me..... I have established the KJV issue for quite sometime...   having a little problem with churches though.  I know I need fellowship but don't know where to go. I have tried starting a home church but all the believers I know are soo devoted to the churches and pastors they go to.  Can't find a church around here that is not 501-c3. The church I have been "visiting" ( I refuse to become a member of any church but the living body of Christ) has a pastor who is keeping the small group well informed about end time events and the middle east. I especially enjoy Wednesday nights Bible study.  The Word says Hebrews 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Do you consider fellowship on a forum a valid way of keeping this command ?   Just curious.   Thanks
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 07:03:43 pm by jackie » Report Spam   Logged

Matt 24:42 "Watch therefor: for you know not what hour your Lord doth come."
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2011, 07:50:00 pm »

Thanks Bornagain2, that post really ministered to me..... I have established the KJV issue for quite sometime...   having a little problem with churches though.  I know I need fellowship but don't know where to go. I have tried starting a home church but all the believers I know are soo devoted to the churches and pastors they go to.  Can't find a church around here that is not 501-c3. The church I have been "visiting" ( I refuse to become a member of any church but the living body of Christ) has a pastor who is keeping the small group well informed about end time events and the middle east. I especially enjoy Wednesday nights Bible study.  The Word says Hebrews 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Do you consider fellowship on a forum a valid way of keeping this command ?   Just curious.   Thanks

Just remember ONLY EIGHT people were rescued by God when the Judgement flood came upon the earth in the Days of Noah.

I wonder how lonely Noah may have felt when he didn't have much fellowship contact before the flood.

Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2011, 05:14:25 am »

Just remember ONLY EIGHT people were rescued by God when the Judgement flood came upon the earth in the Days of Noah.

I wonder how lonely Noah may have felt when he didn't have much fellowship contact before the flood.

I have heard it said that there were probably more than a billion people on earth before the flood. And yes only eight were saved because of Noah's faith and they had not had there DNA corrupted. I think Noah would have had more people to talk to. I mean if one built a massive boat outside there house today wouldn't alot of tourists drop by for a photo or to talk to the builders? I think Noah would have been a preacher too since he would have had the heart to want to warn people about the flood, he would have had the qualities of love for other people like us today.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2011, 07:37:46 am »

If I may offer an answer, yes, I believe "gathering" online is communicating, though it is only a part of "...to do good and communicate for get not...". I don't think we can specifically define a standard as evidence used to determine if a person is gathering "so much the more" or not. How you gather in your walk is quite different than how I gather, but ultimately we do gather in fellowship. This is part of why scriptures says...

33   O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable [are] his judgments, and his ways past finding out! 
34   For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor? 
35   Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again? 
36   For of him, and through him, and to him, [are] all things: to whom [be] glory for ever. Amen. 
Romans 11:33-36 (KJB)

What Noah did, in building the ark, was he presented himself by his actions in life, his "works", as a testamony to how he believed, which belief is that it was God that commanded him to build it, and warn the people, and so he did. People see the outward appearance and make judgments and assesments, by what the see of a person, what their fruits are. It is an indication of where that person's heart is, but it is what comes out of that person's mouth is what defines his heart, for "out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh", and that which comes out of the mouth is what defiles him. The KJB is a testamony, rather a continuing testamony of the true gospel of Jesus Christ.

Therefore, if it is what comes out of the mouth, one must know what the truth is to hear what is a lie, by spiritual discernment, based on what? The Word of God in you. It is the Spirit that does the works, and the believer is the one that displays (outward appearence) to others how they are walking, either it's in the flesh or the spirit. Again, you can only know what is right or wrong by having the mind of Christ, which is Jesus Christ in you.

The paper and ink doesn't save you. Your belief in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour is what saves you. If you genuinely seek the Lord out, God will make sure you will find Him. This is that "make a way to escape that ye may be able to bear it". You believe that is true, and you trust that God will keep that promise. Jesus says that He has lost none, and stands before the Father declaring it for our sake. Thank you Jesus.

"Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again." James 3:7 (KJB)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 07:42:45 am by Kilika » Report Spam   Logged
jackie

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2011, 04:19:47 pm »

thanks Kilika for that response..... gives me a bit of ease. Having a hard time committing to any church, after all I have been through. Feels like a great weight lifted from me.    Blessings, Jackie
Report Spam   Logged

Matt 24:42 "Watch therefor: for you know not what hour your Lord doth come."
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: