End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 05:00:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

King James Only a Cult?

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: King James Only a Cult?  (Read 2796 times)
Lisa
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2011, 05:05:31 am »

I have been re-reading the Pilgrims progress this week-Which is quite challenging.The KJV works/ faith discussion was well highlighted by the character 'Talkative'-He came into the Pilgrim path not by the gate but over the wall (a reference to my sheep hear my voice-John 10)-He was able to talk the talk and would do so ad infinitum but had never had true conviction of sin and had thus never been to the death of the cross.
Salvation is not a matter of what we say or what book we read(for so many we meet are as 'Talkative')-it is an inner work of Gods Holy spirit. I have met many many along the Pilgrim path who are able to talk the right talk but have never known an inner work of Gods transforming grace. They look for the praise and glory of their fellow man rather than the agony of the cross?Huh
o wretched man that i am, who will deliver me from the body of this death ?
L
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2011, 04:19:39 am »

They look for the praise and glory of their fellow man rather than the agony of the cross?

Well God knows there hearts. We dont follow man we follow the Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 3:
18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.
21 Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are your's;
22 Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are your's;
23 And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.
Report Spam   Logged
jackie

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2011, 07:39:09 am »

Lisa, If I am reading your post right, talkative had head knowledge but didn't know the Lord...He will be one of those to whom the Lord says "depart from me you worker of iniquity , I have never known you.  The
Word of God is very clear it is only by way of Calvary and the shed Holy Blood of Jesus that we can be made righteous in God's sight.
If I have misunderstood your post, please clarify.   Blessings, Jackie
Report Spam   Logged

Matt 24:42 "Watch therefor: for you know not what hour your Lord doth come."
Lisa
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2011, 09:44:14 am »

Hmm-Partially true-but let me again use the illustration of Judas-Did he 'know' Jesus?
Are there many in churches and internet forums who know Jesus but are as 'Talkative'-there must be an inner work of the Holy spirit-there are inner battles (against the flesh-against the inner man that loves to play to the crowd ie Talkative ). These battles must be won and there is only one way and that by the power of the cross. I sense that the whole discussion RE the use of the KJV bible is a smoke screen whereby a man will be playing to the crowd-enjoying the praise of other similar minded carnal Christians.

Im not bsaying its irrelevant-for its important that we use the correct word of God-I suspect that there are many real Christians out there who are mature in the faith but who know nothing of the KJV argument. Can i challenge you....

Put on your full armour-and walk today by faith alone. Slay the man of flesh and the desire to get vain glory from the crowd and ask the King of glory to show the death on the cross-make sure that you have walked through the narrow gate and are hearing the voice of the King.

Salvation is a gift-any doctrine that says otherwise (however good it may sound) is from the pit. Beware Mr Worldliwiseman and Mr Legality. Beware ignorance and the flatterer...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pilgrim's_Progress
L
Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2011, 10:55:11 am »

OK, but how are we going to have a relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ if we DON'T have our (proper)bibles? HOW??
Report Spam   Logged
William
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2011, 10:59:13 am »

@Jackie

When you say head knowledge what do you mean by that? If you could be a bit more clear possibly.

To me it describes someone who believes in Jesus, but has never read the Word, or heard any verses pertaining to Salvation.

Basically they believe that he "existed," but not much else.

Do you think someone can have a head knowledge by even believing in the blood of Christ, and his sacrifice for Salvation?

And then I'm always reminding myself that its not of works - The works only show men your saved, but not God. God looks at your faith, and not your works. Of course he would like us to do works after we get saved, and be fruitful.

For instance I believe Jesus is the Son of God. Now why do I believe that? because the Word - The King James Bible says so, and witnesses it to me. Is that only a head knowledge, or from the heart? Jesus is the Word also as John 1:1 says.
Report Spam   Logged
Lisa
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2011, 11:25:05 am »

I believe that these are 2 distinct issues-
Salvation-which is what i believe KJVonlyism preaches- man cannot be saved if he uses a non KJV bible???

And then this issue of relationship-Again i believe that relationship is dependent upon Him-He always initiates, he speaks, he reveals-I respond. Yes he has revealed to me the KJV issue and in response i burnt my old NIV-But it is his initiation-And this is a matter of relationship and growing as a disciple in Christ and not a salvation issue...

John 14
21He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

22Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

23Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Can you see how the enemy has used this issue-just like say the sinners prayer issue-to cause division.

Eph 2
8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Report Spam   Logged
Eliora

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2011, 03:11:40 am »

But, does one lose their salvation?  One may lose peace, fellowship with God; you would think repentance would kick in.

Yes I agree with you. One might lose peace etc and repentance should come in.Hopefully it shouldn't go as far as loosing ones salvation
Report Spam   Logged
jackie

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2011, 06:46:59 pm »

William, to answer your question, to me head knowledge is knowing about Jesus, knowing His Word, and even knowing the gospel but it really hasn't taken hold in their heart. Sort of like the parable of the sower and the seed , the Word takes root but after a while they become more concerned about the cares of this world. They don't depend on Him and have an intimate relationship with Him daily. They have not fully surrendered.
I have heard it said there is only about 12-13 inches to salvation, from the brain to the heart. Again, this is just my opinion and by no means am I judging anyone lest I be judge the same way. For me it is God's grace and His grace alone that led me to Him. 
Report Spam   Logged

PeanutGallery

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2011, 07:29:13 pm »

I have heard it said there is only about 12-13 inches to salvation, from the brain to the heart. Again, this is just my opinion and by no means am I judging anyone lest I be judge the same way.
Nothing wrong in being judged about salvation, it may cause one to re-examine one's self; not to confuse with second guessing.

2Cor 13:5  Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?
Report Spam   Logged
Kadesh-Barnea

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2011, 08:33:46 pm »

Here is a promise from the Word of God ..

Psa 12:6  The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Psa 12:7  Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

See how distorted this is in the perverted Bibles..     

If God's word is forever settled in Heaven and is perserved for us...   You can live by it and you can die by it. 

Praise the Lord Jesus Christ !      O that men would praise the Lord!
Report Spam   Logged
Kadesh-Barnea

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2011, 08:42:16 pm »

Did you just say that? Wow. You admit that the KJB is THE Word of God, yet you claim that it's a cult if it is claimed that the KJB must be read for salvation?

So are you saying that it's okay for Christians to read other books that claim they are bibles?

Please clarify.

1Pe 1:23  Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.    
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2011, 04:09:42 am »

1Pe 1:23  Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Amen. The word of God is the seed.

Report Spam   Logged
William
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2011, 09:51:25 pm »

William, to answer your question, to me head knowledge is knowing about Jesus, knowing His Word, and even knowing the gospel but it really hasn't taken hold in their heart. Sort of like the parable of the sower and the seed , the Word takes root but after a while they become more concerned about the cares of this world. They don't depend on Him and have an intimate relationship with Him daily. They have not fully surrendered.
I have heard it said there is only about 12-13 inches to salvation, from the brain to the heart. Again, this is just my opinion and by no means am I judging anyone lest I be judge the same way. For me it is God's grace and His grace alone that led me to Him. 

Sorry I have not got an awnser back to you yet. Just been focusing on a lot of reading of the Word, and usaully only check my computer maybe twice a day for all the local news. Yeah its true most people know who Jesus is, and can even know some of his word, or a few verses, and the basics of the Gospel, but I suppose we won't really know who is God's until push comes to shove, and everything hits the fan very soon.

Yeah it says in Romans I think? that those after the flesh mind the things of the flesh, and those after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. Though I do believe a believer can get caught into sin, and get caught in snares, but there should be conviction, and they should very quickly, and as soon as possible want to get out of sin. And don't worry about judging as it makes me examine and take a look at myself whether I be in the faith...Though its important to have a strong relationship with Jesus Christ we must remember is faith, and not that that saves us.

Praise the Lord for his Salvation which has appeared unto all men (I think it says that somewhere in scripture, or part of it  Smiley )

Thank you for clarification Jackie.
Report Spam   Logged
jackie

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2011, 10:38:45 pm »

your most welcome, and I agree with you a truly saved person will feel conviction from the Holy Spirit when in sin, and should quickly acknowledge God's presence and repent.  We need to bear fruit and I believe part of the fruit we bear is a changed life.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2011, 07:31:17 am »

Amen. The word of God is the seed.

Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: