End Times and Current Events
March 29, 2024, 04:45:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Once saved always saved (OSAS)

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Once saved always saved (OSAS)  (Read 9268 times)
rick50

View Profile
« on: September 25, 2014, 06:08:37 am »

Okay i was thinking about how the verses in this article how would someone who is not OSAS deal with these? i believe in OSAS !

SINNER'S PRAYER AND SALVATION 9/7/14

http://blessedhopephilippines.blogspot.com/2014/09/sinners-prayer-and-salvation.html

Many of you may not like what I am going to say here, but that is alright. Now, let me just say that salvation DOES NOT come from saying a prayer. Salvation comes from BELIEVING ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST.

Acts 16:29(KJB) Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas,
Acts 16:30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
Acts 16:31 And they said, BELIEVE on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

I have NO PROBLEM with anyone praying, but before someone prays, they must believe first. It is worthless for someone to pray and they do not even believe in Christ and his death, burial and resurrection. If they do not believe first, we leave the door open for the person to count on the prayer for their salvation and not Christ. I came across a someone and confronted him about leading someone in prayer for salvation. He told me that when he got saved, he repeated a prayer and that he knows that he is saved. He was counting on the prayer and not Christ.

Just take a look at the book of Acts. There is not one person mentioned who prayed for salvation. Praying is not even mentioned. IT IS ALL ABOUT TURNING FROM UNBELIEF TO BELIEF IN CHRIST AND HIS FINISHED WORK AT CALVARY (REPENTANCE). so praying is NOT NECESSARY FOR SALVATION but, if someone would like to pray, I have no problem with it, if they believe first.

1. The Ethiopian Eunuch (Acts 8:26-39)
2. The Apostle Paul (Acts 9:1-8; 22:5-19; 26:12-18)
3. Cornelius and his household (Acts 10-1 through 11:18)
4. Antioch firstfruits (Acts 11:19-26)
5. Sergius Paulus (Acts 13:6-12)
6. Glorifying the Word in Pisidian Antioch (Acts 13:14-49)
7. Iconium Believers (Acts 14:1)
8. Lydia (Acts 16:12-15)
9. The Philippian Jailer (Acts 16:16-34)
10. Thesalonicans with Biblical reason (Acts 17:1-4)
11. Berean Belief (Acts 17:10-12)
12. Mars Hill Idolaters (Acts 17:16-34)

Not one time do these verses mention that any of them prayed for salvation or had to pray for salvation.

Look at John 3:16-18:

John 3:16(KJB) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever BELIEVETH in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
John 3:18 He that BELIEVETH on him is not condemned: but he that BELIEVETH NOT is condemned already, because HE HATH NOT BELIEVED IN THE NAME OF THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD.

John 1:12(KJB) But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that BELIEVE ON HIS NAME:
John 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

1Corinthians 1:21(KJB) For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching TO SAVE THEM THAT BELIEVE.

So, soul winning will take time. It may take someone a long period of time before they will believe the gospel (1 Corinthians 15 1-4). A few visits may have to be made. So, be patient, keep praying for the lost and trust the Lord. Stop being in such a hurry to get someone to pray. Let the Lord do a work in them through the power of the Holy Spirit. May the Lord bless you all.

The Bible says that devils believe and tremble. The writer of this article takes an extreme position that is contrary to the gospel. There are many problems with his view. One point being,belief in the Biblical sense affects ones behavior and that aspect of it is supported by many scriptures.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: