End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 08:32:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Once saved always saved (OSAS)

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Once saved always saved (OSAS)  (Read 9235 times)
rick50

View Profile
« on: September 29, 2014, 08:42:46 pm »

Hebrews 6:4  For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
Heb 6:5  And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
Heb 6:6  If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

No, this passage does NOT mean a Christian can lose his or her salvation if they fall away into sin - just think about it(and here's a couple of examples)...

1) Let's say a professing born-again believer is seen by his unbelieving neighbors, co-workers, etc walking into a movie theater to watch a movie with alot of violence, blasphemy, and foul language. Didn't he or she ruin their own testimony and put the Son of God unto open shame?

2) Rick Warren I don't think is a saved man - but nonetheless - a couple of years ago(for example), he asked his congregation at his church for $1m in 72 hours b/c (supposedly)they were under-budget that much. But guess what happened subsequently - even the UNBELIEVING world was able to discern this wickedness(while professing Christians just stood down and acted like he did the right thing). So what did they do? They put the Son of God to an open shame(which Warren himself provoked, to say the least!).

Ultimately, our lives as born-again believers are for Jesus Christ. We don't lose our salvation, but ultimately we have to give an account to the Lord Jesus Christ at the judgment seat of Christ for everything we said and did.

2Corinthians 5:10  For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
2Co 5:11  Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

How about this one. Same topic. From Hebrews 10.

26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:

29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

What do we do with these?  Deny it?  Say the book of Hebrews is wrong? Contradict it?

I`ve dealt with a few people who were struggling with these passages before. It been my experience that the above excuses will not satisfy the concern and doubt.

Then there are others who use these passage to argue that people who are really saved do not sin and that since you acknowledge that you sin then you are not saved.
And they have put you are in a position in which you will deny what the scriptures say.

I have to get off my pc for awhile now. LOL!  Sorry about that. But when I come back I`ll share my position on these passages and how I think they must be reconciled with the rest of the gospel.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: