End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 10:32:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Once saved always saved (OSAS)

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Once saved always saved (OSAS)  (Read 9238 times)
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2014, 04:20:00 am »

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Notice it says study to shew thyself approved unto God and not to fellow believers again it is important to please God and not man.

I was once in Jackie’s position. I had just discovered the passage about “the unpardonable sin” and the demons were having a field day with me. “Ooh, you’ve done it now. No hope for you. You can kiss that salvation goodbye! Might as well stick with us because God may or may not have just rejected you!”

well i used to believe once that there was "the unpardonable sin" too and when i found out that a child of God cannot lose their salvation just as a child cant stop from being related to their mum and dad then there was no problem.

A classic example of God’s grace is the necessity of the cremation of care ceremony at the Bohemian Grove. The participants have to repeatedly tell God to go away. Yet He still makes the offer to them.

Yeah them Bohemian Grove members have no fear of hellfire which is where they will go unless they repent
Report Spam   Logged
rick50

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2014, 06:17:06 am »

Notice it says study to shew thyself approved unto God and not to fellow believers again it is important to please God and not man.

Absolutely. And I believe motive makes a huge difference.  Reality is, I`m not that smart although I have been at times in the past accused of thinking that I am because of the way I present things. My motive and desire in studying scripture has always been driven by a deep curiosity to know what God thinks about things and to learn secrets of the scriptures. I believe that out of that I have been blessed with a portion of Spirit given insight and revelation that has allowed me to advance beyond what my intellectual capability is. Left to my own efforts I know in my heart that I wouldn`t get very far and in many things would not be capable of understanding the deeper things of God.

I believe that knowing and understanding truth from the scriptures is a gift of the Holy Spirit. Without that I think it impossible to understand the gospel.
Report Spam   Logged
tennis shoe

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2014, 12:58:55 pm »

I believe that knowing and understanding truth from the scriptures is a gift of the Holy Spirit. Without that I think it impossible to understand the gospel.

Ooh. That’s a critical and most excellent point.

The devil and those in his camp KNOW scripture the same as one would thoroughly know the contents of a legal textbook. But they have chosen long ago to disconnect completely from the source of all life. As such, they cannot discern the motive or intent behind what is written.

Occultists do use the Bible. But it’s for a different reason that God has intended.
Report Spam   Logged
rick50

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2014, 03:20:46 pm »

Ooh. That’s a critical and most excellent point.

The devil and those in his camp KNOW scripture the same as one would thoroughly know the contents of a legal textbook. But they have chosen long ago to disconnect completely from the source of all life. As such, they cannot discern the motive or intent behind what is written.

Occultists do use the Bible. But it’s for a different reason that God has intended.

I believe any outside influence affects your ability to understand the scriptures. Paul said the things of God must be spiritually discerned. A long time ago I began working at leaving behind all my preconceived ideas and beliefs. Things like church creeds, American ideals, my own opinion on how I think things should be. My goal was to become an open vessel to Gods word without any internal beliefs of mine getting in the way and I believe my effort to do that has paid off over the years. What I believe now is different in a lot of ways then what it was 20 or 30 years ago.
Report Spam   Logged
tennis shoe

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2014, 03:59:12 pm »

Those outside influences are legion. They can be quite elaborate and convincing.

I did the same thing with “love”. Threw out all my conditioned responses and preconceived notions. Dared to ask the question, “What if I’ve been lied to my entire life about this?”

Then I looked into an honest assessment of what scriptures say that is, of what God says that is. Forget about what I think for a moment.

What I found was most revealing as to who He is and how He operates. It allowed me to distinguish between things of God and things not of God. And it further gave me a path, a direction to proceed with my life. Still a work in progress.
Report Spam   Logged
rick50

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2014, 04:02:00 pm »

I was once in Jackie’s position. I had just discovered the passage about “the unpardonable sin” and the demons were having a field day with me. “Ooh, you’ve done it now. No hope for you. You can kiss that salvation goodbye! Might as well stick with us because God may or may not have just rejected you!”

Well, I was so distressed that I had to drop everything go to a brother’s house immediately to get this straight. I didn’t even want to know what the unpardonable sin was for fear that I might be tempted to do it. After I told him what was happening to me, he said, “Oh, that old trick. If you had committed the unpardonable sin, you wouldn’t be standing here worried about it.”

It then occurred to me what that was. The key word in Hebrews 10:26 is “willfully”.

I believe God is fair and just. If somebody knows full well who the Father, the Son, and The Holy Spirit is and what they have to offer, then decides repeatedly to reject that in favor of knowingly being a child of Satan, with all the consequences thereof, then I believe God, specifically the Holy Spirit, will eventually honor that free-will decision and withdraw completely from that person.

There are some that walk the earth like this. They are favored by the world, and able to commit the most heinous sins while sleeping just fine at night and fully believing without a shadow of a doubt whatever Satan and his demons tell them. There is no conscience whatsoever to be found within these people. The world describes them as psychopaths and sociopaths. They become quite brilliant and intelligent, yet insane. Just like their father.

A classic example of God’s grace is the necessity of the cremation of care ceremony at the Bohemian Grove. The participants have to repeatedly tell God to go away. Yet He still makes the offer to them.

I can see where you are coming from on that and there is truth in what you are saying. But I think in our time it`s easy to get hung up on the term "willful". Sins are nearly always committed willfully and people always know so in their hearts which is why these passages can be very troubling. The culture of the early church was different then ours. In the early church the brethren would confront you and even call you out in church if they found out you were sinning. They didn`t overlook it like we do today.

In the context of those passages the willful sinning resulted in a complete departure from the faith and a rejection of it. The example given is a person who despised the Law of Moses. So I believe in those days the sinning was a much deeper rejection of Christ then it is among us.

I think noting this difference is important because I believe there is always hope for a backslider as long as they still believe in Jesus. I think it`s a error to use these passages to take away that hope and there are some who do that.

My view on these passages affirms what the passages say and at the same time reconciles them with the doctrine of God`s chastisement, and the doctrine of God`s forgiveness of confessed sin found in the epistles of John.

Report Spam   Logged
rick50

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2014, 04:04:56 pm »

Those outside influences are legion. They can be quite elaborate and convincing.

I did the same thing with “love”. Threw out all my conditioned responses and preconceived notions. Dared to ask the question, “What if I’ve been lied to my entire life about this?”

Then I looked into an honest assessment of what scriptures say that is, of what God says that is. Forget about what I think for a moment.

What I found was most revealing as to who He is and how He operates. It allowed me to distinguish between things of God and things not of God. And it further gave me a path, a direction to proceed with my life. Still a work in progress.

Yes, that`s good. I think this life is meant to always be a work in progress.
Report Spam   Logged
tennis shoe

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2014, 04:12:01 pm »

But it’s for a different reason that God has intended.

*than

Missed that typo before.
Report Spam   Logged
tennis shoe

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2014, 05:16:31 pm »

I can see where you are coming from on that and there is truth in what you are saying. But I think in our time it`s easy to get hung up on the term "willful". Sins are nearly always committed willfully and people always know so in their hearts which is why these passages can be very troubling. The culture of the early church was different then ours. In the early church the brethren would confront you and even call you out in church if they found out you were sinning. They didn`t overlook it like we do today.

In the context of those passages the willful sinning resulted in a complete departure from the faith and a rejection of it. The example given is a person who despised the Law of Moses. So I believe in those days the sinning was a much deeper rejection of Christ then it is among us.

I think noting this difference is important because I believe there is always hope for a backslider as long as they still believe in Jesus. I think it`s a error to use these passages to take away that hope and there are some who do that.

My view on these passages affirms what the passages say and at the same time reconciles them with the doctrine of God`s chastisement, and the doctrine of God`s forgiveness of confessed sin found in the epistles of John.

I agree. “Willful” is ultimately His decision. He knows time, place, circumstances, thoughts, and hearts.

For that matter, Christ is the only one out of every being that ever existed to be found worthy to break seals in the end. Nobody else qualifies.

Compare “Forgive them Father. They know not what they do.” to the Ananias and Sapphira incident. It does fit what you’re saying about the early church.

Add to that the modern confusion of redefining the word “sin” (and a lot of other words as well) to fit human agendas and it becomes easy to see that we humans require His Spirit to retrieve us from the flotsam and jetsam which is the world.

“Competition is a sin.” - John D. Rockefeller

Otherwise it’s just the blind leading the blind into a pit. We are all literally in need of a good shepherd to guide us in the right direction. False christs, counterfeit spirits, and angels of light practically guarantee that humans will remain lost, wandering around aimlessly without Him and His Holy Spirit.

People have saved nobody.
Churches have saved nobody.
The world has saved nobody.

Christ knows and sees all of this more than I do because He’s the one that showed me all of these things.

Years ago, I was lamenting to Him about the injustice in the world. He asked me if I wanted justice or mercy? Should He just end it all now? Bring the hammer down? Get ‘er done?

Then he showed me all the people now and in the future who have not yet made their choice or haven’t had a fair and square chance to make that choice.

I asked Him for more time for the sake of those people.

He also showed me where all those prayers from everybody crying out for justice were going. The prayers that didn't seem to be answered at the time. They were going into a bowl for future use.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 05:23:35 pm by tennis shoe » Report Spam   Logged
rick50

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2014, 11:08:30 pm »

Are you saying you had a vision?
Report Spam   Logged
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2014, 12:44:23 am »

Here's another 2 cents from me...

Yes, born-again believers backslide. However...

I do not believe for one minute these false prophets and others like rock music stars(all they are on the world stage indoctrinating everyone into satanism) were ever saved(as much as some have said so). For example - Billy Graham was groomed since way back in his college days.(Contrary to what some say how he started out strong, but slowly fell away as he got older)

Pt I'm trying to make is that while the Lord Jesus Christ is longsuffering, patient, and merciful - at the same time I just can't imagine Him allowing any of his flock to go out and deceive not only the unbelieving world, but also His own flock in all of these abominable luciferianisms and d@mnable heresies. IF Billy Graham and Rick Warren are saved, then would it really be in God's will to allow them to go out and deceive his own flock, and the rest of the world? If these rock music stars are saved, then would it be in the Lord's will to allow them to do the same?

This is also why I've all but questioned almost all of these 501c3 pastors - yes, the love of money is the root of all evil(ie-501c3 has opened the doors for these "churches" to build up earthly riches), but nonetheless where is all of the chastening in their lives? Freemasonry has all but infiltrated these denominations like the SBC et al.

John 10:27  My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
Joh 10:28  And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
Joh 10:29  My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
Joh 10:30  I and my Father are one.
Report Spam   Logged
tennis shoe

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2014, 12:51:53 am »

Are you saying you had a vision?

Not a vision. More like a long term conversation or impression. When I read about those bowls of wrath in Revelation, (KJB renders them “vials” in the English) it occured to me that that’s where those prayers were going. I was faced with the question of whether or not I wanted to add to that. This was all in the context of whether I wanted mercy or justice/vengeance.

Now I remember. My lament at the time was less about world injustice and more about vengeance for my past traumas. Just being honest with Him at the time.

I’ve spoken to people that claim to have had visions, like a movie screen that pops up in front of their face. Can’t say I’ve ever had that happen.

Edit: @BA2 - Ya. All the churches with a physical address are infiltrated and compromised IMO. But I can still occasionally find some people within those organizations that are helpful. I can also find people that are a hindrance there. It's a mix. Other than that, it's just a big social club to me at this point.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 01:13:50 am by tennis shoe » Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2014, 05:03:52 am »

Yes, born-again believers backslide. However...

I do not believe for one minute these false prophets and others like rock music stars(all they are on the world stage indoctrinating everyone into satanism) were ever saved(as much as some have said so). For example - Billy Graham was groomed since way back in his college days.(Contrary to what some say how he started out strong, but slowly fell away as he got older)

Pt I'm trying to make is that while the Lord Jesus Christ is longsuffering, patient, and merciful - at the same time I just can't imagine Him allowing any of his flock to go out and deceive not only the unbelieving world, but also His own flock in all of these abominable luciferianisms and d@mnable heresies. IF Billy Graham and Rick Warren are saved, then would it really be in God's will to allow them to go out and deceive his own flock, and the rest of the world? If these rock music stars are saved, then would it be in the Lord's will to allow them to do the same?

This is also why I've all but questioned almost all of these 501c3 pastors - yes, the love of money is the root of all evil(ie-501c3 has opened the doors for these "churches" to build up earthly riches), but nonetheless where is all of the chastening in their lives? Freemasonry has all but infiltrated these denominations like the SBC et al.

John 10:27  My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
Joh 10:28  And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
Joh 10:29  My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
Joh 10:30  I and my Father are one.

Good post.

Luke 16:13 No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
14 And the Pharisees also, who were covetous, heard all these things: and they derided him.
15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

If anything with these false ministries is that they are "highly esteemed among men" eg Joel Osteen and Joyce Meyer both of them i have heard women say how great they are and how they have "helped them" in their "christian walk" and their ministries are worldwide and they make millions of it yet they are an "abomination in the sight of God."
Report Spam   Logged
rick50

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2014, 06:37:50 am »

Good post.

Luke 16:13 No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
14 And the Pharisees also, who were covetous, heard all these things: and they derided him.
15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

If anything with these false ministries is that they are "highly esteemed among men" eg Joel Osteen and Joyce Meyer both of them i have heard women say how great they are and how they have "helped them" in their "christian walk" and their ministries are worldwide and they make millions of it yet they are an "abomination in the sight of God."

Me personally, I can`t handle TBN and I can`t respect ministers who live a high end lifestyle. No point in my talking about their doctrine because I see no end to the criticism I would end up throwing at them. It would be a full time job that would leave me with no time or room for anything else.

In spite of all that, my prayer is for God to be as merciful as He is able to be and to redeem as many as He can. I know in my heart that Apostate Christianity will soon be destroyed by this world and many of those souls will not understand what and why it happens.
Report Spam   Logged
rick50

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2014, 06:49:31 am »

Not a vision. More like a long term conversation or impression. When I read about those bowls of wrath in Revelation, (KJB renders them “vials” in the English) it occured to me that that’s where those prayers were going. I was faced with the question of whether or not I wanted to add to that. This was all in the context of whether I wanted mercy or justice/vengeance.

Now I remember. My lament at the time was less about world injustice and more about vengeance for my past traumas. Just being honest with Him at the time.

I’ve spoken to people that claim to have had visions, like a movie screen that pops up in front of their face. Can’t say I’ve ever had that happen.

Edit: @BA2 - Ya. All the churches with a physical address are infiltrated and compromised IMO. But I can still occasionally find some people within those organizations that are helpful. I can also find people that are a hindrance there. It's a mix. Other than that, it's just a big social club to me at this point.

I`ve longed believed that the incense prayers of Revelation 8 are the unanswered prayers of those who suffer the great tribulation. But it could be a tie in with Revelation 6:10 in which case they are prayers of all martyred saints.

To relate to your issue, the Lord is our avenger and we have to give it all over to Him to do what He wants with it. I`ve done that and it has left me with a desire for God to restrain His hand from those who have wronged me.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2014, 09:21:47 am »

I`ve longed believed that the incense prayers of Revelation 8 are the unanswered prayers of those who suffer the great tribulation. But it could be a tie in with Revelation 6:10 in which case they are prayers of all martyred saints.

To relate to your issue, the Lord is our avenger and we have to give it all over to Him to do what He wants with it. I`ve done that and it has left me with a desire for God to restrain His hand from those who have wronged me.

Same here - the more I read scripture, the more the Holy Spirit that indwells in me keeps telling me how these people who have wronged me as well are by and large LOST people. They don't know what they're doing - and to top it off, I was a lost man once upon a time ago, and can't tell you how many times I've (ignorantly)wronged others. Ultimately are battles are against the spirit world.

This is my big problem with the whole "anti-bullying" campaign that's going on in public schools in America - for one, they're JUST KIDS.(ie-can't tell you the number of times I've been at odds with other kids during my school days, then when we grew up, we would just LAUGH about it when we crossed paths with each other) And two, they are quietly promoting agendas(ie-infiltrating the sodomy agenda).

Titus 3:1  Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work,
Tit 3:2  To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.
Tit 3:3  For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.
Tit 3:4  But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
Tit 3:5  Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Tit 3:6  Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
Tit 3:7  That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Report Spam   Logged
tennis shoe

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2014, 12:00:46 pm »

When you say this, do you mean that God should restrain vengeance (eye for an eye)? Or that He should restrain blessings? Or both?

This is an open question to the forum. I'd like to see what everyone thinks about this.
Report Spam   Logged
rick50

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2014, 01:22:02 pm »

When you say this, do you mean that God should restrain vengeance (eye for an eye)? Or that He should restrain blessings? Or both?

This is an open question to the forum. I'd like to see what everyone thinks about this.

My first inclination would be to say both. LOL! But I meant vengeance.
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2014, 05:21:55 am »

Deuteronomy 32:35 To me belongeth vengeance, and recompence; their foot shall slide in due time: for the day of their calamity is at hand, and the things that shall come upon them make haste.

2 Thessalonians 1:6 Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you; 7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, 8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: 9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Romans 12:19   Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Hebrews 10:30    For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

i think that vengeance belongs to the Lord, He punishes people however He wants, some cases are more severe than others, to be honest i dont think in my mind that this person deserves this or that person deserves that, i just think whatever the Lord wants to do with them, im glad that i dont have to punish people for wrongdoings against me because i would probably make the wrong judgment, some people need to be offended or humbled before they acknowledge their spiritual position.
Report Spam   Logged
rick50

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2014, 06:44:11 am »

Deuteronomy 32:35 To me belongeth vengeance, and recompence; their foot shall slide in due time: for the day of their calamity is at hand, and the things that shall come upon them make haste.

2 Thessalonians 1:6 Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you; 7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, 8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: 9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Romans 12:19   Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Hebrews 10:30    For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

i think that vengeance belongs to the Lord, He punishes people however He wants, some cases are more severe than others, to be honest i dont think in my mind that this person deserves this or that person deserves that, i just think whatever the Lord wants to do with them, im glad that i dont have to punish people for wrongdoings against me because i would probably make the wrong judgment, some people need to be offended or humbled before they acknowledge their spiritual position.

Agreed, and I believe that to turn it over to God in your heart you have to trust Him and be satisfied that He will do what He wills. Which could mean no vengeance on your enemies. If somebody has issues with that then in my view, they have business of their own they need to do with God.

God wants to be merciful and to line up with His will then we have to want Him to be merciful. Not just say so but mean it in our hearts.
Report Spam   Logged
tennis shoe

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2014, 12:04:55 pm »

Again, years ago I had a conversation with Him about forgiveness. It went something like this.

God: If someone were to mess up your order in a restaurant, would you be able to let that go?

Me: Absolutely, Lord. Maybe they had a bad day. I don’t know what they’re going through.

God: What if someone was to insult you intentionally?

Me: Yes. Same reason.

God: What if someone was to strike you intentionally for no reason? Would you be able to let that go? To forgive them?

Me: Not sure.

God: What if someone was to torture you mercilessly to the point of death? Could you forgive them?

Me: (silence)

God: I did.

My conclusion: Even forgiveness is something that I cannot do in and of myself. That is something that He would have to put in me to be able to do.

And so I have a further quandary.

I can find no reference to God Almighty torturing people. His ultimate punishment is instant death. Let’s say I was shown crimes so heinous that it borders on the unspeakable. What would I pray for? What would I say to Him?

For example:

A 12 year old girl, whose face is on a milk carton, stripped of clothing and on a stage somewhere in the US. She is being auctioned off as a sex slave. The participants are doctors, lawyers, judges, politicians in office, and foreign dignitaries.

A man, imprisoned and overseen by a medical doctor, being drowned and allowed to die for 20 seconds only to be administered an electric shock to get his heart started again. Over and over, repeatedly.

A well-paid scientist in a lab engineering a type of virus that is resistant to all known forms of treatment. He knows that this could only be used for genocide but believes in Machiavellian philosophies. “Gotta break a few eggs to make an omelette.” “It’s all for the greater good.”

A woman is being raped in broad daylight on a sidewalk in NYC. Some bystanders are recording this on their cellphones while others are quickly walking by, pretending that they don’t see it.

Meanwhile, I have demonized people taunting me with statements like, “Your God is doing absolutely nothing to stop this! He is a wimp!” This, in their mind, justifies their actions. Actions that they will continue to do.

Moreso, what if I had the opportunity to stop these things through use of force? At what point does “forgiveness” become cowardice? Is it a sin to do nothing? A sin of omission?

Is this true?

“The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing”

Or do “good men” always become evil if they take action through use of force?

Is this what God wants me to be?

Because, if so, then what's the difference between that and those bystanders in NYC?

These are tough questions that I struggle with as evil flourishes in this world. I don’t have the answers. But, perhaps, some on this forum would have some helpful insight.

As before, open questions. All responses from brothers and sisters welcome.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 12:23:47 pm by tennis shoe » Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2014, 04:20:13 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2015, 01:07:51 am »

This is about 2 hours and 40 minutes, but it's a must listen!!

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2015, 08:23:25 am »

Once saved always saved

Do saved Christians who commit suicide go to the lake of fire
murder is murder, Huh

Is it a pre-trib rapture or does the church have to endure persecution during the tribulation?
pre trib  Smiley

This one verse alone proves that the Lord will not send judgment onto the saved. PERIOD.
Gen 18:32 And he said, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak yet but this once: Peradventure ten shall be found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for ten's sake.

Seriously for 1 people the Lord will not cast Judgment on 1 righteous people. If he wouldn't do it for 10 people why would he do it to millions?? He wouldn't. Plane and simple. That is why there is a RAPTURE. The Lord has to remove ALL saved people. He would not send judgment on just 1 saved person. That is why we are removed before the lamb opens the scroll. At the point in history, for a brief period of time, the Earth will be with out ANY saved people. Just think on that for a moment.

The Lord would not destroy, IE: pass judgment, if there was just 1 saved person on the cities. He found 4 people and removed them. Seriously think on that! He removed 4 people and then destroyed the cities. My LORD will not send JUDGMENT on the righteous. Scripture proves this out. GOD the Father is a righteous judge. He will NOT end the judgments of revelations on SAVED people. ALL saved people have to be off the Earth for the time of Jacobs trouble to begin.   

Is it a 7 year trib or a 3.5 year one?
Seven years, no way around it.

I'll be honest, there are certain topics where both sides of the fence have equally convincing arguments and are able to point out the proper scripture, but at the same time they will have their share of errors which end up prolonging the argument for months. So I try to stray away from them.

Read the AV English Bible and all makes perfect sene. All of these heresies come from false bibles.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 07:40:10 am by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2015, 08:47:52 am »

I'm glad you brought this up, bro Mark - yeah, couldn't tell you how DECEIVED I was almost 4 years ago!

Yes, I am solidly pre-trib now! Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2015, 12:10:48 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2015, 04:08:39 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2015, 09:24:28 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2015, 01:53:53 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2015, 10:10:39 am »

1 Peter 1:23  Being born again, not of corruptible seed, *but of* *incorruptible*, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

1 John 3:9  Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for *his seed* *remaineth* in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Hebrews 10:39  But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

1 John 2:3  And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
1Jn 2:4  He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
1Jn 2:5  But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: