End Times and Current Events
March 29, 2024, 05:54:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Police Shoot, Kill Dog When Going To A Home By Mistake

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Police Shoot, Kill Dog When Going To A Home By Mistake  (Read 671 times)
Charrington

View Profile
« on: August 04, 2011, 05:25:58 am »

BIRMINGHAM, Mich. -- The dog's owner said he has no idea why police officers thought it was necessary to gun down his Labrador mix.

Terry Boyle, of Birmingham, said four police officers shot and killed his 5-year-old dog, Buddy, Saturday night. Boyle said he rushed home to hear the horrifying news from neighbors who said they witnessed police officers shoot his dog four times.

"From what I have been told he was not aggressive at all and he tried to get away from officers when all four approached him at the same time," said Boyle.

According to police reports, officers have responded to the home on Bowers Street four times in the past two years -- including once because Buddy had gotten into a fight with a neighbor's dog, and another time because Buddy was on the loose.

This time, police said the dog was off his owner's property and on the attack when shots were fired.

However, neighbors said Buddy was a nice dog that did not cause trouble. Witnesses said that on Saturday night Buddy was on the front porch when officers arrived. When officers approached him, he ran to the side of the house, where he was shot twice, witnesses said.

"A witness saw my dog moving," Boyle said. "He lifted his head and was trying to move still. (Police) put the noose around him and dragged him a couple of feet and then shot him twice more."

Neighbors said they were shocked that Buddy was the target of officers.

"He wasn't a neighborhood pest or a dog that was out all the time, by any means," said Boyle's neighbor Barbara McIntosh. "He was always in the house or in the yard."

Boyle said he wants answers.

"It's unbelievable to me," Boyle said. "My dog has never harmed anyone his entire life."

Police said officers were responding to a complaint that Buddy, in particular, was out on the loose. Police also said Buddy was a Rottweiler mix. Boyle said Buddy was a rescued dog, and if anything he was a Labrador-shepherd mix, not Rottweiler.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/28744462/detail.html
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 08:37:10 am by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 08:39:04 am »

Hazel Crest Cops Shoot, Kill Dog During Search For Fugitive

The search for a fugitive might have taken a tragic turn; Kenneth Conley escaped from the federal jail in downtown Chicago last week, and one suburban family said the search for Conley claimed the life of their beloved pet.

CBS 2′s Pamela Jones reports this past September was supposed to be the 6-year-old pooch’s birthday, not a prelude to his death Christmas Eve.

Kobi, a 70-pound Rhodesian Ridgeback mix was shot dead, allegedly by a Hazel Crest police officer.

Chanette Weaver said a police officer told her officers were acting in self-defense when they shot Kobi.

rest of the Lies: http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/12/26/hazel-crest-cops-shoot-kill-dog-during-search-for-fugitive/

i really hope those "peace officers" live in torment the rest of their lives
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Kilika
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 05:51:44 pm »

I get your anger, but we pray these people will repent and believe the gospel.

"But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of." Luke 9:55 (KJB)

From what is described, I'd say those cops were going through yards and through closed gates in back yards and walked into the wrong yard, and the dog went after them, being strangers in HIS yard. BUT...

...that doesn't explain the allegation that they shot the dog "on a public sidewalk".

Somebody is either lying, or not admitting to opening the gate and letting the dog out. I have no doubt though that the guilty party is in uniform. 
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 06:56:05 am »

Police Shoot, Kill Dog When Going To A Home By Mistake

An Adams County man is in shock after he says deputies shot and killed his dog.

Jeff Fisher said deputies went to his house by mistake. He said when they forced their way through the door his dog Ziggy ran outside and an Adams County Sheriff’s deputy shot and killed him.

“(He went to the door) to see who it was and the police officer shot him three times,” Fisher said. “They killed my dog for no reason.”

Fisher said Ziggy was his best friend and can’t believe he’s gone.

“I called the dog, he turned to come back to me and the police officer opened fire,” said Fisher.

Ziggy was an 8-year-old Blue Healer/Border Collie mix.

The Adams County Sheriff’s Office said deputies responded to the address on reports of a business alarm going off.

A spokesman said he can’t say more until the investigation is complete but did release this statement, “It’s our goal at the Adams County Sheriff’s Office to complete a thorough investigation of this incident, be able to answer any questions that people who have concerns about this incident may have and to do right for the owner of this dog.”

Fisher said he wants that deputy to be held accountable.

“I’m on the ground crying hysterically and the police officer says, ‘You need to calm down, you can get a new dog,’” said Fisher.

Fisher said he rents space from the neighboring business where the alarm was sounded.

The attorney representing Fisher believes that animal shootings are out of control.

Jennifer Edwards referred to the elk in Boulder and the dog in Commerce City that were recently shot and killed by law enforcement.

“Something has got to be done about it. They’re taking our family members and I don’t care that they’re the furry family members they’re family members no less,” said Edwards.

Edwards wants answers and reform on how law enforcement deals with animals. She believes a lawsuit is likely.

Fisher said he just wants his friend back, “I don’t have kids. That’s my son.”

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/01/15/police-shoot-kill-dog-when-going-to-a-home-by-mistake/
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 01:54:11 pm »

Typical of a tyrannical government.

They shoot your dog, it's just a dog, get another one attitude. You shoot one of their police dogs, you go straight to jail for murdering a law enforcement officer. What's wrong with that picture?!

I agree there's a definite problem with cops being WAY too quick to shoot. But that's how they are taught, and their policies allow for them to use "deadly force" to protect themselves, so cops by training pull out their weapon if anything gets out of the ordinary. And then there are some who simply could care less. It's just an excuse to fire their weapon "in the line of duty" so they can brag to their buddies. And SWAT teams are used WAY too much also. As a result, innocent people are being killed, and their pets. But government's attitude is, "it's for the greater good". "Got to make sacrifices for safety", blah blah blah. Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 10:27:22 am »

'All he did was love me': Heartbreaking moment police shoot and kill dog that was defending owner when officers arrested him for FILMING them

Leon Rosby, 52, was walking his dog and video-tapping a police scene when he was arrested for obstruction of justice
 He locked his dog in the car with the windows rolled down, and while being arrested the dog escaped
 A police officer shot the dog when it ran over to his owner
 Rosby is now in the process of filing a suit against the police department for killing his dog

A video posted yesterday on YouTube shows the grisly shooting of a dog by a police officer in Hawthorne, California.

The 130-pound, 3-year-old Rottweiler named Max was shot to death after he escaped through a window in a parked car and ran over to his master, Leon Rosby, who was being arrested for filming the scene on his phone.

The video (watch original on YouTube) shows Rosby, 52, walking his dog Sunday around 7 p.m. near a house with several police squad cars parked outside.

Scroll down for video... (Warning: Graphic Content)

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2353347/Police-shoot-kill-Rottweiler-street-dog-runs-owner-arrested-obstruction-justice.html#ixzz2Xu0Qj7g4
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 06:10:34 am »

Texas Farmer Calls Police to Report a Break-In – When a Deputy Arrived Hours Later, His Nightmare Began

A third generation dairy farmer in Rains County, Texas, is mourning the loss of his best friend and work partner after a deputy shot his dog while responding to a report of a break-in at the residence.

The deputy claims the 2-year-old blue heeler, named Candy, charged him, threatening his safety. The dog’s owner, Cole Middleton, says police allowed him to review the dash cam footage of the incident — and he says that’s not what the video shows

Middleton told KDFW-TV that he was on his tractor and Candy was in the bed of his truck when the deputy arrived on his property. The barking dog then jumped down and Middleton lost sight of her.

Moments later, the deputy delivered the heartbreaking news.

“The officer comes down and says, ‘Sir, I’m sorry, I shot your dog — she charged me,’” Middleton recalled in an emotional interview. “I became very hysterical and very upset…I said, ‘No, no, no…you shot my baby.’

After the deputy called for backup, Middleton pulled out his cellphone and started recording the officers as they attempted to sort out the situation.

“What I’m saying is the man pulls up without cause and shoots my dog,” Middleton can be heard telling officers in the video.

“Your dog charged me, buddy,” the deputy replies.

“No, no,” Middleton shoots back.

“I got it on dash cam man; your dog charged me,” the deputy claims.

“You’re invading her property, but she wouldn’t bite you! she’s never bitten anybody!” the man shouts.

Watch the video recorded by Middleton below (WARNING: Some disturbing content):

Middleton and another unidentified man in the video try to get the deputy to explain why he didn’t just stay in the car if he was afraid of the dog.

The man also revealed in the video that he had to drown his own dog to put her out of her misery because the officer didn’t shoot in a way that killed her. In the video, Middleton claims his gun was stolen so he couldn’t shoot Candy to put her out of her misery — and the deputy refused to.

Middleton claims he had his dog’s body examined by a veterinarian and the results “suggest Candy was shot while retreating from the shooter.” Further, as reported above, the farmer claims the dash cam video does not back up what the deputy claims happened.

Read the alleged autopsy results from the Hopkins County Veterinary Clinic:

Rains County Sheriff David Traylor told KDFW-TV that he “regrets” the incident and his department is investigating. The deputy involved is reportedly on administrative leave.

A Facebook page, titled “Justice for Candy Middleton,” has been created to raise awareness in the case. It had about 15,000 likes on Wednesday.

“The Autopsy is in and the results are just like we’ve been saying!!! See for yourself!! She was shot in the back if the head,” reads one post. “The bullet exited the front of her face!!! No charges have been filed yet!! Ridiculous!!! As per the sheriff, Dooley WASNT even trained to use a tazer!! Unbelievable !!!”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/04/23/texas-farmer-calls-police-to-report-a-break-in-when-a-deputy-arrived-hours-later-his-nightmare-began/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2014, 05:30:47 am »

Big Development in Controversial Shooting of Texas Farmer’s Dog

A former Rains County (Texas) deputy has been indicted by a grand jury on a felony animal cruelty charge over the controversial shooting of a Texas farmer’s dog last month. He faces up to two years behind bars.

Jerrod Dooley, 32, ignited a public firestorm after he shot Cole Middleton’s cattle dog, Candy, after claiming the animal “charged” him as he was responding to a report of a burglary at the residence. Middleton refused to let it go and did interviews with news stations and spread his story on social media.

He also had an autopsy done on Candy, which apparently showed the animal may have been shot while retreating as the bullet went in through the back of her head and came out towards her nose. Further, after reviewing the dash cam video of the incident, Middleton said he was more convinced than ever that the shooting was unjustified.

Middleton said he had to do the “unimaginable” and drown his dog in a bucket of water to put her out of her misery after the bullet failed to kill her.

Dooley was quickly fired over the incident.

Dooley’s attorney, Pete Schulte, called the indictment a “political knee jerk reaction by the DA in Rains County.” He says there’s “no way this case will stand up in court.”

“They indicted him within two weeks,” the attorney said. “That never happens.”

The dash cam video shows Candy barking and then jumping out of the bed of Middleton’s truck. The actual shooting, however, was not captured on video.

Dooley expressed remorse in a tearful interview with WFAA-TV last month. He said he is a dog lover and used to work for the SPCA.

“I hear her yelp every night before I go to bed. There’s probably not a minute that goes by that I don’t think about it,” he said. “I’d give anything to walk up to him, hug his neck, try to make his pain go away. I know I’ll never get that chance.”

Dooley also claims he has been receiving death threats and is unable to go to the grocery store without being “recognized, pointed at, laughed at.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/05/09/that-never-happens-big-development-in-controversial-shooting-of-texas-farmers-dog/
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: