End Times and Current Events
March 29, 2024, 01:23:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Who is Vincent Lachina??

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is Vincent Lachina??  (Read 553 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2011, 09:24:13 pm »

http://apprising.org/2011/08/12/openly-gay-southern-baptist-clergy/

8/12/11

The online apologetics and discernment work Apprising Ministries continues with the documentation of the New Downgrade No-Controversy, which is actually accelerating in the mainstream evangelical community.

A classic example is Tony Jones Argues For Open Marriage And Polyamory where I clearly showed you a professor of a doctorate level course in Christian Spirituality at the ostensibly evangelical Fuller Theological Seminary is out and arguing in favor of sexual immorality.

Not even a timid peep has been heard; and before you attribute this to my supposed “anger,” the Lord knows I’m not the least surprised by that; I fully expected it. In fact, it furthers my thesis that evangelicalism is awash with milquetoast women in men’s trousers afraid of their own spiritual shadows.

Which brings me nicely ‘round to the below video of pro-choice advocate “the Reverend” Vincent Lachina, “former pastor at the Grace Gospel Chapel” who’s also a full time chaplin with Planned Parenthood in Seattle. [1] I don’t normally cover the abortion issue here at AM.

This is a little different as an AM reader sent me a newsletter (click to enlarge) from Les Riley, the Founder & Director of Personhood Mississippi:

As you can see, the video is contained therein. It was only because of yet another heavy DOS attack that sent AM and Christian Research Network offline, obviously enemy forces are conceding the impact of this labor in the Lord, that I happened to have time to watch the video.

I’d say it was providential as you’ll see that Lachina introduces himself as “an ordained Southern Baptist minister.” I called Les, whom I enjoyed getting to know him and may God bless his work. I asked him if Lachina made that claim to be an SBC minister at this August 9, 2011 event described in the newsletter.

Les Riley assured me that he most certainly did. Well, this now put the issue in my camp because I’m one of the few covering the advance of the pro-gay lobby into spiritually spineless evanjellyfish. They’re using e.g. emergent fools like the apostate Tony Jones and his equally apostate “pastor,” a universalist, Doug Pagitt—whose radio podcast incidentally is also sponsored by FTS.

The goal of this aggressive pro LGBT lobby is to absolutely rip apart mainstream denominations as they’ve already done in the dead mainline. Their evil attempt is to make the deviant, and sinful, lifestyle of having sexual relations with members of the same sex, i.e. homosexuality, an acceptable one for the regenerated Christian.

Perhaps now you’ve begin scratching your head wondering, what in the world does this possibly have to do with professing SBC pro-life minister Vincent Lachina; it’s clearly a separate issue. Sorry about that chief; no, it isn’t. For you see, homosexual activist Vincent Lachina himself tells us that he’s “queer folk” and a “gay” man.

The following is from a January 30, 2007 letter to the editor of the pro-gay publication The Advocate, concerning their piece “The good boy.” From the copy I now have on file we read Lachina inform us:

Maybe I’m confused, but doesn’t the vast majority of Americans and more than three quarters of the rest of the world find us queer folk to be anathema and define us all with that term, pervert?

We gay men don’t need to worry about what the Republicans, the religious right, or homophobes will do to us. We should instead be worried about those of our own who seek to build themselves up at the expense of the rest of us.

Now, as one who is with the Slowly Becoming Catholic myself (for now) I’m well aware of its Idol of Autonomy; but former SBC president (2000-2002) Dr. James Merritt once boldly told the 2001 SBC national convention to a round of applause:

Now I want to say this straight and I want to make it plain… I believe in local church autonomy… I don’t want any leader,… any agency,… any institution or any convention giving orders to me or my congregation but hear me and hear me well…

the ocean of church autonomy stops at the shore of biblical authority… (loud applause from messengers). (Online source)

Well, wouldn’t claiming to be an SBC minister of the Gospel while being in open and unrepentant sexual sin fall into that category? Not to mention advocating the slaughter of unborn children and practicing homoppression by withholding the Gospel from precious LGBT people, for whom Christ died, and instead lying to them by affirming them in their sin.

Perhaps someone who’s in leadership within the SBC may wish to look into Vincent Lachina as he represents the SBC before the world; he isn’t even in line with the much-vaunted Baptist Faith & Message, let alone the Bible. O, I know that Counter Reformation Roman Catholic mysticism is ok in the SBC; but has the Southern Baptist Convention really sunk so low they’d now even endorse openly gay clergy?

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kilika
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 03:32:38 am »

"They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them." 1 John 4:5 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 06:08:36 am »

Pro-abortion 'Baptist' caught in untruths

A speaker at a recent state-sponsored meeting on the Mississippi Personhood Amendment has been exposed as something other than what he claimed to be.

Vincent Lachina attended last week's meeting in Tupelo, wearing a clerical collar, claiming to have a connection with Mississippi for the Mississippi-only meeting, and stating he was ordained in the Southern Baptist Convention. He spoke against the proposed constitutional amendment (Initiative 26), which will appear on the November ballot.

"And as it turns out, he is a homosexual activist and a chaplain for Planned Parenthood out of Seattle, Washington," states Les Riley, who heads the Personhood Mississippi movement. American Family Association's Jacob Dawson discovered the truth about Lachina while in the audience and revealed his discovery there.

Moreover, a subsequent check by Live Action with the Southern Baptist Convention reveals Lachina is not listed as ordained in the SBC.

"... That's not a surprise," Riley responds. "You know, I always tell people when I go out and talk about the Personhood Amendment that we have to understand that people who will kill babies for a living, people who will harm women -- particularly people like Planned Parenthood with a genocidal agenda -- will lie to keep it going."

According to information about Lachina that has since been removed from the Planned Parenthood Washington website, he is actually aligned with two left-wing denominations -- the American Baptist Conference and the United Church of Christ.

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/delicious/gqlf/~3/xZpAMezCpZQ/Default.aspx
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 05:57:16 am »

Planned Parenthood chaplain exposed

Vincent Lachina, who claims to be an "ordained Southern Baptist minister" who once lived in Mississippi, speaks against Initiative 26, also known at the Personhood Amendment, at a public hearing in early August in Tupelo. Questions have been raised about Lachina's description of himself and other comments he made at the Tupelo hearing.

A man identifying himself as Vincent Lachina claiming to be "an ordained Southern Baptist minister" with Mississippi roots turned up in Tupelo at a public hearing in early August on Initiative 26, also known as the Personhood Amendment that would define human life as beginning at the moment of fertilization.

Lachina roundly denounced Initiative 26, which will appear on the Nov. 8 statewide general election ballot, and said, "I wish to say quite clearly that I am both an evangelical Christian and I am committed to a woman's right to her own reproductive choices.... I consider myself both pro-choice and pro-life, and I see no conflict in those two convictions."

Strange as that sounded to the crowd at the hearing, Lachina's choice of garb was even more mystifying. He was dressed in a lavender shirt with a clerical collar -- the first time any of the Mississippi Baptists at the hearing could remember seeing such an outfit on a "Southern Baptist minister."

Jacob Dawson, assistant new media director for AFA.net, a division of American Family Association in Tupelo, was attending the hearing and grew suspicious. As Lachina continued to speak, Dawson opened his laptop computer, connected to the Internet through a local wireless network, and conducted a search.

Dawson would tell the crowd a few minutes later that the Vincent Lachina standing at the podium in Tupelo was actually Vincent Lachina from Seattle, a homosexual activist and chaplain for Planned Parenthood, the nation's largest abortion provider.

The website of Planned Parenthood of the Great Northwest in Seattle did indeed contain a profile describing Lachina as its chaplain -- at least until shortly after his exposure in Tupelo. The organization swiftly deleted information about Lachina but David Schmidt, writing on the pro-life website LiveAction.org, was able to locate the original text on a cached Google page.

While Lachina claimed in Tupelo to be an ordained Southern Baptist minister, the deleted Planned Parenthood webpage dug up by Schmidt revealed that, "He is now aligned with the more progressive American Baptist Conference and Church of Christ."

In addition, Lachina personally identifies himself as an "American Baptist clergyperson" in a video on YouTube.com.

Thus, the Planned Parenthood webpage and YouTube video indicate that Lachina abandoned Southern Baptists for the American Baptist Conference and the Church of Christ and is no longer actively involved in a Southern Baptist ministry.

Staff at the Executive Committee of the Southern Baptist Convention in Nashville, Tenn., confirmed to LiveAction.org that Lachina is not listed in convention records as serving as a minister for any Southern Baptist church or organization. Records at the Mississippi Baptist Convention Board in Jackson, Miss., likewise do not contain a ministerial listing for Lachina.

"This revelation means that a Planned Parenthood chaplain traveled from Washington State to Mississippi and made false religious claims to influence Mississippi voters against a pro-life ballot measure," Schmidt wrote. "Questions now are being raised over Planned Parenthood's involvement in Lachina's appearance in Mississippi. Did Planned Parenthood, as his employer, plan and pay for this religious manipulation of voters?"

An attempt by the Mississippi Baptist Record to contact Lachina through Planned Parenthood of the Great Northwest went unanswered. Virtually none of the information Lachina presented on his personal life at the hearing in Tupelo can be verified without his assistance.

Such deceptive actions are not surprising in the lead-up to the election in regard to Planned Parenthood's intention to defeat Initiative 26, said Jimmy Porter, executive director of the Mississippi Baptist Christian Action Commission.

"As of Oct. 10, Planned Parenthood affiliates from states like California, New York, New Jersey and Ohio have contributed over $130,000 to defeat the initiative, according to records in the Mississippi Secretary of State's office," Porter said. "They are committed to spreading half-truths and lies about the Personhood Amendment."

Supporters of Initiative 26 have pointed out that Planned Parenthood does not have a single abortion clinic in Mississippi, yet is committed to the defeat of the initiative.

Cecile Richards, president of Planned Parenthood Federation of America, made a fundraising appeal in October to abortion supporters that "this ballot initiative is about more than just one state. Anti-choice activists hope that a win in Mississippi will lead to a national movement."

In her message, Richards urged abortion supporters to "help to stop this dangerous ballot initiative."

"Planned Parenthood has funneled thousands of dollars to fight this initiative," Porter said, "because they understand that if the unborn are declared persons, then the abortion revenue stream that helps keep them afloat will be severely disrupted."

A feature written by Claudia Rowe in the Seattle Post-Intelligencer newspaper on Jan. 20, 2006, titled, "Planned Parenthood enlists help of clergy," describes Lachina's duties as a chaplain to Planned Parenthood staffers.

"Some staffers struggle to reconcile their pride in providing quality medical services with their employer's larger mission -- ensuring that all women have safe, unfettered access to birth control and abortion. Others wonder if they can confide in a priest about where they work, and what to tell patients who come in desperate, unable to care for a child but believing they will 'burn in hell' for ending their pregnancies.

"Into this mire dives Vincent Lachina, a Baptist minister raised Southern and conservative, who spends much of his time telling the staff that God is a loving presence and that they are forgiven," the article states.

The article goes on to describe Lachina telling a Planned Parenthood staffer that God will not judge her for participating in abortions, adding, "His cleric's collar, so similar to those worn by the priests she'd been raised to obey, was especially comforting."

http://www.bpnews.net/bpnews.asp?id=36503&ref=BPNews-RSSFeed1107
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 06:03:00 am »

Planned Parenthood Chaplain Vincent Lachina: Not a Minister at a Southern Baptist Church

Planned Parenthood Washington State Chaplin Vincent Lachina proclaimed last week, “I am an ordained Southern Baptist minister” to an audience in the highly Southern Baptist populated state of Mississippi. This can be seen at the 18 second mark in the clip below:

Many people over the last few days questioned whether Vincent Lachina was actually a Southern Baptist minister based on his statements in support of abortion and work on behalf of the largest abortion chain in the U.S., Planned Parenthood. Southern Baptists generally oppose abortion and support the right-to-life of unborn children.

A Google cache of Planned Parenthood Votes! Northwest shows a profile of Vincent Lachina that you can see in its original size by clicking on the graphic on right. The profile reads of Lachina: “He is now aligned with the more progressive American Baptist Conference and the United Church of Christ.”

A current Southern Baptist Minister with personal connections to the Southern Baptist national executive committee confirmed that one must currently be connected with a Southern Baptist congregation to be a “Southern Baptist Minister.” He said that claiming to be a Southern Baptist Minister while not even attending a Southern Baptist church was “misrepresentation.” Southern Baptist North American Mission Board Chaplaincy Coordinator Dr. David E. Mullis commented of Lachina’s deception, “unbelievable hubris to think he would not be found out!”

This revelation means that a Planned Parenthood Chaplain traveled from Washington State to Mississippi and made false religious claims to influence Mississippi voters against a pro-life ballot measure.

Questions now are being raised over Planned Parenthood’s involvement in Lachina’s appearance in Mississippi. Did Planned Parenthood as his employer plan and pay for this religious manipulation of voters?

Planned Parenthood Removes Lachina Profile From Website
Sometime since August 4th, when the Google cached page containing Lachina’s profile was recorded, Planned Parenthood Votes! Northwest suspiciously removed the profile of Vincent Lachina. You can see the current page here or look at the screen shot of where the bio went below:

Why is Planned Parenthood appearing to institutionally make it difficult to verify if Vincent Lachina is actually a Southern Baptist Minister? Are they in on the trick?

Lachina is also on the Planned Parenthood Federation of America Clergy Advisory Board and can be seen in this picture with Planned President President Cecile Richards:

http://liveaction.org/blog/planned-parenthood-chaplain-vincent-lachina-not-minister-southern-baptist/
Report Spam   Logged

Kilika
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 11:31:24 am »

Par for the Planned Parenthood course! Charlatans and liars. If there were levels of evil, PP would be right up there at the top of evil.
Report Spam   Logged
B4Real

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 05:53:39 pm »

don't we kinda already expect this from SBCs (becoming catholics, ecumenicalism, etc). It's no surprise. I think we need to focus a notch lower and look at the fundamentals who took a stand against the SBC but are now down that same path because of fiction, and the problem is there isn't a revival happening or a split from FIB. Instead it's a handful of random churches like Johnson, Denlinger, so on. You can't go to church anymore. Let's put faces like PCC's vice president up or something instead of SBC people that we know are evil and expect all this from them. It's the fundamentals that are going to affect the next generation.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 12:21:04 am »

But the thing is, this guy was/isn't associated with the Southern Baptist Convention, that was part of the lie. His bio even says that he was a "consultant". The SBC is definately part of churchianity, but even the SBC would distance themselves from this guy.

Baptists are generally rather close to basic christian doctrines. This guy is associated with churchianity groups that allow gays. The SBC doesn't allow gays. That collar device thing is purely Catholic in origin. No baptist wears such things that I know of. Must be a Church of Christ thing too.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: