End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 06:02:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To End Times and Current Events.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Noise of Thunder Radio with Chris Pinto

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Noise of Thunder Radio with Chris Pinto  (Read 21446 times)
Kilika
« Reply #180 on: July 20, 2013, 04:49:09 am »

Lots of "intellectuals" in that area I'd say, all full of themselves and their education, and I suspect many think they are too smart for religion, so they tend to steer towards being "spiritual".

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 27, 2013, 08:45:33 am »

Monday, July 22, 2013 at 1:01PM
Today's Show: POPE OFFERS INDULGENCES FOR TWITTER

Pope Francis has offered a shorter stay in Purgatory for Catholics who follow him on Twitter.  It seems the offer is limited to those who follow him via the Internet during his trip to Rio de Janeiro to celebrate World Youth Day at the end of July.  While this seems to be the Vatican's attempt at modernizing the Pope's outreach, it reminds us of the fact that indulgences were the very issue that sparked the beginning of the Protestant Reformation.  Martin Luther nailed his 95 Thesis in objection to the practice on October 31, 1517.  Chris discusses Rome's use of the indulgence and how it stands against the light of Scripture.  Is the death of Christ on the cross sufficient for the forgiveness of all sins?  Or is something more required? 
http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_POPE.INDULGENCES.TWITTER_07.22.13.mp3

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 at 12:44AM
Today's Show: MARTIN LUTHER ON GOVERNMENT

Chris discusses the teachings of Luther on the subject of government and Christianity.  What is the Christian's role in government?  When did Christian government begin?  And why does God allow tyrant governments to rule over any people?  Luther's answers to these questions provide powerful insights and wisdom for believers today.

http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_LUTHER.ON.GOVERNMENT_07.23.13.mp3

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 at 7:57PM
Today's Show: THE NEW RELIGION

The Blaze reports on the "Controversial New Religion that Embraces All Religions" in a recent article about the Living Interfaith Church of Lynnwood, Washington.  Its leader, the Rev. Steven Greenebaum professes faith in the Jewish religion, but claims that his new interfaith church represents a faith all its own.  In other words, it is not simply the acceptance of all faiths, but the blending of all beliefs into a single religion.  But exactly from where does the Rev. Greenebaum draw his inspiration?  Could it be his education at the Jesuit's Seattle University?

http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_NEW.RELIGION_07.24.13.mp3

Friday, July 26, 2013 at 9:47PM
Today's Show: BRUCE METZGER: ICON OF TEXTUAL CRITICISM

Princeton Theological seminary professor, Bruce Metzger (1914-2007) is said to have been "the greatest American New Testament critic and biblical translator of the twentieth century."  He is quoted by modern biblical scholars more than perhaps any other single source, and is considered the final authority on matters of textual criticism by many in the academic world.  But what exactly did he believe about the Bible?  Was it his opinion that the Bible is the inspired Word of God?  Or a collection of myths and legends?  And what sort of impact has his contribution had on the Church in our time?  The Scripture says that a man is blessed if he does not walk in the counsel of the ungodly (Psalm 1:1).  Is it possible that the Church in America has suffered for following the counsel of unbelieving academia?

http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_BRUCE.METZGER_07.26.13.mp3
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 03, 2013, 05:05:08 am »

Monday, July 29, 2013 at 7:29PM
Today's Show: POPE TO GAYS: 'WHO AM I TO JUDGE?'
http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_POPE.ON.HOMOSEXUALS_07.29.13.mp3

Pope Francis has now sent a message to members of Catholic clergy who are homosexual that they should not be judged either by him or anyone else.  The Pope was quoted saying, "they should not be marginalized ... but ... they must be integrated into society."  Chris addresses the history of Rome and the homosexual movement in the United States, which can be traced to a Jesuit priest named John McNeill, a self professing homosexual who wrote the book "The Church and the Homosexual" in 1977.  Also addressed are recent comments from James White on the film, "Tares Among the Wheat."  White (whose research was celebrated by the late Bruce Metzger) has not seen the film, yet he was compelled by others to offer his opinion.  Chris also confronts a video featuring Dr. Daniel Wallace of Dallas Theological Seminary in which the controversy with Constantine Simonides is mentioned.   

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 at 3:12PM
Today's Show: PAPAL APOLOGETICS
http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_PAPAL.APOLOGETICS_07.30.13.mp3

Chris does a follow up show concerning the Pope's recent comments that seemed to favor homosexuality among the Roman Catholic clergy.  What was the real purpose of the Pope's comments?  A Catholic priest has now posted a follow up article on the Fox News website to explain in greater detail what the position of the "Church" (i.e. Catholic Church) is on homosexuality.  While his comments are intended to defend that the Pope's position is in keeping with Christian teaching, is this really an example of temporary damage control until the Vatican is ready to openly embrace homosexual marriage?
Report Spam   Logged

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 03, 2013, 08:38:38 am »

Listened to those 2 audios the other day - when I was in college, I took a Computer Science Algorithms course. One of the concepts they taught was Divide and Conquer. It was probably the most complicated theory of the course - it dealt with dividing a problem into several smaller problems, then solving each of the smaller problems, then ultimately merging all of these smaller problems into one big one.

This is exactly what the Pope(and the Illuminati minions) are doing with the homosexual agenda - they may start off by saying a lot of the right things(ie-homosexuals shouldn't cohabitate and fornicate together), but they nonetheless throw in this VERY tiny leaven like they did here, where they say "But if someone is gay, then as long as they don't fornicate et al they're ok".

Subsequently, it just ends up dividing their flock on this issue(their RCC flock, the GOP establishment that's anti-gay marriage, the mainstream Protestant/Baptist crowd, etc) - while some correctly point out the Pope's doctrinal errors, there are some in this same flock that buys into what the Pope is saying, and next thing we know there's a very heated debate going on in this same camp. I was surfing a GOP establishment message forum the other day, and it came down to just that(a division), where subsequently they started making more threads like "Liberal media takes Pope Francis' comments out of context".

Pt being that this is only just the beginning - the next time around(whenever that will be), Pope Frankie will likely add more leaven like "As long as gay couples mutually love each other and don't commit acts of sexual immorality...", and that too will cause more divisions among the same flock. And will continue to push and push until everyone gets worn out, and eventually on the same page.

Eph 4:14  That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
Eph 4:15  But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #184 on: August 04, 2013, 04:18:27 am »

when I was in college, I took a Computer Science Algorithms course. One of the concepts they taught was Divide and Conquer. It was probably the most complicated theory of the course - it dealt with dividing a problem into several smaller problems, then solving each of the smaller problems, then ultimately merging all of these smaller problems into one big one.

That's it basically. It's how the world operates, divide the opposition and cause chaos. Whereas Jesus divides to separate the wheat from the chaff.

"Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:" Luke 12:51 (KJB)

I can sympathize with you for taking that computer class. I took a couple programming classes in college too. You need to divide up the course itself and take it in small pieces! Needless to say, I didn't last in programming! Math was just way over my ability.

While I fully understand the concepts and logic of coding, working it out into code was the really hard part! I can say though, I did manage to write about 3 lines of code that actually worked!

But that's how a program works, it has smaller programs within the single application. Like different parts of a body. Makes it easier to manage various amounts of code, without affecting other parts of the program.

And you could say it's how we grow in faith, little chunks of understanding at a time.

9  Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? [them that are] weaned from the milk, [and] drawn from the breasts.
10  For precept [must be] upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, [and] there a little:
11  For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.
12  To whom he said, This [is] the rest [wherewith] ye may cause the weary to rest; and this [is] the refreshing: yet they would not hear.
Isaiah 28:9-12 (KJB)
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 12, 2013, 05:55:39 am »

Tuesday, August 6, 2013 at 12:35PM
Today's Show: Rabshakeh vs. The Glory of God
http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_RABSHAKEH_08.06.13.mp3

Chris discusses Isaiah chapters 36 and 37 -- the account of how the king of ancient Assyria came against the city of Jerusalem, and sent out his Rabshakeh (chief cup-bearer) to warn and threaten King Hezekiah and the people of Israel.  While the Rabshakeh claimed to be sent by the Lord, he then told the people of Jerusalem not to trust that God would deliver them.  But King Hezekiah's wisdom was that he cried unto the Lord, and recognized that his enemy had reproached the God of Israel.  These scriptural events provide powerful insights for believers who are facing times of crisis, and who might be compelled to waver in their faith toward God. 

Wednesday, August 7, 2013 at 2:18PM
Today's Show: DESMOND TUTU: A FALSE PROPHET IN MODERN TIMES
http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_DESMOND.TUTU_08.07.13.mp3

Chris discusses a recent story concerning world renowned Archbishop Desmond Tutu, the controversial minister of the Anglican Church of Southern Africa, who has said: "I would refuse to go to a homophobic heaven ... I would much rather to go the other place (i.e. Hell)."  Archbishop Tutu achieved international recognition because of his fight against apartheid during the 1980's and received the Nobel Peace Prize in 1984; in 2009 President Barack Obama awarded him the Presidential Medal of Freedom.  Tutu has long been a supporter of ecumenism, abortion, and homosexuality.  This latest statement from him was in support of the launch of the United Nation's global campaign to promote gay rights.  What does the Bible tell us about false prophets, and how do we recognize them in the Church?

Thursday, August 8, 2013 at 11:48PM
Today's Show: LUTHER VS. LUTHERANISM
http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_LUTHERANISM_08.08.13.mp3

Chris discusses the modern day Lutheran Church and their teachings on baptism.  Is baptism required for salvation?  Jesus said, "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved ..." (Mark 16:16)  Lutherans take this to mean that immersion in water is quite literally what is required.  Does this amount to works salvation?  And more importantly, is this teaching consistent with the doctrines of Martin Luther himself?  Was Luther a Lutheran?

Sunday, August 11, 2013 at 9:45PM
Today's Show: EZEKIEL'S IDOLATERS
http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_EZEKIEL.EIGHT_08.12.13.mp3

Chris discusses Ezekiel chapter 8 in light of discussions about paganism and the exposure of occult groups in the United States.  Is is Biblical for Christians to confront these things?  Some have argued that because such discussions can be disturbing it is better to avoid them.  But throughout the Scriptures, God sends His prophets to confront the idols worshiped by both the kings and the people.  We are repeatedly told that behind these idols are demonic powers and principalities that can destroy the souls of men.  In Ezekiel, God shows the prophet how the very leaders of ancient Israel were worshiping pagan gods and then commands him to warn them of the judgment to come because of it.   
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 12, 2013, 10:42:05 am »

Wednesday, August 7, 2013 at 2:18PM
Today's Show: DESMOND TUTU: A FALSE PROPHET IN MODERN TIMES
http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_DESMOND.TUTU_08.07.13.mp3

Chris discusses a recent story concerning world renowned Archbishop Desmond Tutu, the controversial minister of the Anglican Church of Southern Africa, who has said: "I would refuse to go to a homophobic heaven ... I would much rather to go the other place (i.e. Hell)."  Archbishop Tutu achieved international recognition because of his fight against apartheid during the 1980's and received the Nobel Peace Prize in 1984; in 2009 President Barack Obama awarded him the Presidential Medal of Freedom.  Tutu has long been a supporter of ecumenism, abortion, and homosexuality.  This latest statement from him was in support of the launch of the United Nation's global campaign to promote gay rights.  What does the Bible tell us about false prophets, and how do we recognize them in the Church?

This was a good audio - pretty much, through much of my life, I thought these Desmond Tutu-types were not only good men, but good Christians not b/c my respective modern-day churches praised them, but they would say next to nil about them. If anything, silence on Churchianity's part ends up planting the seeds for acceptance of evil.

Yes, calling out false teachers and wolves is not only biblical, but it is mandatory, pretty much!

1Tim 1:18  This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightest war a good warfare;
1Ti 1:19  Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some having put away concerning faith have made shipwreck:
1Ti 1:20  Of whom is Hymenaeus and Alexander; whom I have delivered unto Satan, that they may learn not to blaspheme.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 16, 2013, 06:17:07 pm »

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 at 12:39AM

Today's Show: SHEPHERDS, SHEEP & WOLVES

Chris continues his discussion from yesterday's show concerning the responsibility of watchmen in the body of Christ.  In Isaiah, God confronts the blind watchmen by calling them "dumb dogs that cannot bark," or like a watch dog who fails to sound the alarm when an intruder approaches.  Jesus says that the hireling shepherd flees when he sees the wolf approaching, because he cares not for the sheep.  But the Lord is our Good Shepherd, who lays down His life for us, and gives us an example of how we should lay down our lives for the brethren on behalf of Christ.

http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_SHEPHERDS.WOLVES.SHEEP_08.13.13.mp3

Thursday, August 15, 2013 at 4:54PM

Today's Show: BURNING OF THE BIBLES

Chris discusses the 19th century work by John Dowling, "The Burning of the Bibles: Defense of the Protestant Version of the Scriptures Against the Attacks of Popish Apologists."  The work was published in 1843 and documents how Catholic priests were burning bibles in Champlain, New York at this time.  When the priests were confronted by Protestants about why they were burning bibles, they replied, "We haven't burned any Bibles."  The reason, they argued, was because the "Protestant Bible" was not the Bible.  Dowling uses this event to review the history of how Rome has viewed the Bible through the centuries. 

http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_BURNING.OF.BIBLES_08.15.13.mp3
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 22, 2013, 09:17:58 am »

This is the missing audio from Aug 5 2013 that was pulled from the NOTR website for unknown reasons

Chris Pinto, August 5, 2013

POPE PROTECTS VATICAN PREDATORS

In a remarkable turn of events, Pope Francis has passed a new law in Rome that criminalizes the reporting of sex crimes in the Vatican. The law was initially introduced as a way of updating the Vatican's legal system, but once it was published it "revealed that the pope has made it illegal to report sex crimes against children." Officials in Rome claim that the law was an accident and that they "didn't mean for this to happen," but a newspaper (La Repubblica) critical of the papacy has said, "They know exactly what they're doing." Chris discusses the troubling implications of this law and the history of how child predators have been defended in modern times. But does the Bible provide warnings concerning these things? And what will God's judgment be on those who would do harm to children?

http://media.worldviewweekend.com/mp3/d0f1161218b3310d700cd8d269b5fdab5a635f50939f8899e801cd2362e7db21.mp3
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 24, 2013, 09:02:25 am »

Saturday, August 17, 2013 at 6:33PM
Today's Show: CATHOLIC ROOTS OF THE KJV?

Chris responds to an article with the headline: "Vatican Exhibition Highlights Catholic Roots of King James Bible."  The exhibition was described as an interfaith gathering in which it was shown that "the roots of the 1611 King James Bible are almost entirely Catholic -- despite the fact that the translation was often viewed as a highpoint of Protestant European culture.  But is this really the case?  Does this mean they have removed it from the Index of Forbidden Books? Or was this exhibition designed for ecumenical duplicity?
http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_KJV.CATHOLIC.BIBLE_08.17.13.mp3

Monday, August 19, 2013 at 2:41PM
Today's Show: CONFRONTING THE TALEBEARERS

Chris discusses the Biblical view of gossip and talebearing, something clearly condemned by the Word of God.  The Bible says, "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor."  With the advent of Facebook and Twitter, our neighbors and fellow believers are often found in the global online community, but the principles of right and wrong are still the same.  There is no question that internet gossip has become increasingly popular, and from the secular world, it is expected that slanders and false accusations would abound.  But has the practice crept into the Christian community?  If so, how do Christians recognize the boundaries?  What is the difference between true discernment and murmuring against others? 
http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_TALEBEARERS_08.19.15.mp3

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 5:20PM
Today's Show: UPROAR AT EPHESUS

Chris discusses the events of Acts chapter 19 in light of the current uproar on the Internet concerning recent events.  Could there be a parallel?  The apostle Paul was preaching in ancient Ephesus and denouncing the false gods worshiped there.  As a result, those who objected were stirred up to attack and denounce the followers of Christ who spoke against the idols.  The scripture tells us that our real battle is not against flesh and blood, but against the principalities and powers of darkness (Ephesians 6:12).  Could these same powers be at work for the purpose of sowing discord and confusion? 
http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_EPHESUS.UPROAR_08.20.13.mp3

Thursday, August 22, 2013 at 10:13PM
Today's Show: ELYMAS THE SORCERER

Chris discusses the book of Acts and the first missionary journey of the Apostle Paul.  When he made his way into Paphos, he was opposed by a Jewish sorcerer named Elymas, who was determined to keep him from preaching the Gospel.  As a result, Paul rebuked him and he was struck with blindness by the power of God.  What lessons can we learn from this in our own time about how the enemy works against those who stand for the truth?
http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_ELYMAS_08.23.13.mp3
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 24, 2013, 02:39:23 pm »

Haven't listened to these audios yet, but these "higher critics" just won't go away. Cheesy To boot, they seem to have run out of tricks in their hat, but en yet, they are pretty persistent!
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 31, 2013, 05:42:15 am »

Saturday, August 24, 2013 at 1:42PM
Today's Show: THE ACCUSER CAST DOWN

Chris discusses Zechariah chapter three alongside Revelation chapter twelve.  The high priest Joshua is clothed with filthy garments as Satan resists him.  Many believe the devil's "resistance" comes in the way of accusation and slander, since the Scriptures tell us that the enemy accuses the saints day and night before God (Rev. 12:10).  There are many examples in the Bible of how false accusation is often hurled against believers, sometimes leading to their harm.  But in Zechariah, we learn a powerful lesson about the grace of God, and how the Lord delivers those who put faith in Him; while from the book of Revelation, we have the perfect testimony for how such accusation is to be overcome.  Chris also offers general comments on the ESV Bible and how it was developed, according to the publisher.
http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_ZECHARIAH.THREE_08.24.13.mp3

Monday, August 26, 2013 at 11:31PM
Today's Show: OVERCOMING BY FAITH

Chris discusses a variety of Biblical examples of how believers have overcome trials through persistent faith, a faith that refuses to be discouraged in the face of resistance.  Over and over, the Scriptures show how those who persevered were rewarded by God with deliverance and blessing.  Jesus specifically admonished His followers "always to pray and not to faint" (Luke 18:1).
http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_OVERCOMING.FAITH_08.26.13.mp3

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 3:22PM
Today's Show: THE FAITH OF ANDREW JACKSON

Chris discusses his day of filming at the Hermitage in Nashville, TN, as he continues production for the new documentary on "The True Christian History of America."   The Hermitage is the estate of Andrew Jackson, the seventh president of the United States, famous for his victory at the Battle of New Orleans in 1815.  But was General Jackson a Christian man?  According to the available records, he seems to have been saved before he died in 1845, and left behind a powerful testimony of his faith in Christ. 
http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_ANDREW.JACKSON.FIX_08.28.13.mp3
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 08, 2013, 04:47:19 am »

Saturday, August 31, 2013 at 12:06PM
Today's Show: NEHEMIAH
http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_NEHEMIAH.PART.ONE_08.31.13.mp3

Chris discusses the book of Nehemiah, and the challenges facing believers who are pursuing the work of the Lord.  As Nehemiah went forth to rebuild the walls of Jerusalem, he faced opposition from those who sought to prevent him from accomplishing his task.  The resistance movement against him was similar to what had been faced by Zerubbabel who rebuilt the Temple in Jerusalem, as we read in the book of Ezra.  What are the similarities of these accounts?  How were these men opposed by their enemies?  In Nehemiah, we read that the enemy's purpose was so that their "hands shall be weakened from the work, that it be not done."  What Biblical lessons can we learn about how to face our opposition so that we keep focused on what God has given us to do?

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 at 11:10PM
Today's Show: NEHEMIAH (PART TWO)
http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_NEHEMIAH.TWO_09.03.13.mp3

Chris continues his discussion on the book of Nehemiah, focusing on the lessons learned as those who labor for the Lord suffer at the hands of enemies.  At one point in the story, we learn that the Jewish people were wronged by their own brethren, and are confronted for their behavior.  What lessons can we learn about the importance of continuing in the work of the Lord until we are able to bring it to completion?  Nehemiah provides a powerful example to believers in every generation. 

Thursday, September 5, 2013 at 11:26PM
Today's Show: ELIJAH & THE PROPHETS OF BAAL
http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_ELIJAH.SHOWDOWN_09.05.13.mp3

Chris discusses 1 Kings chapter 18 where the prophet Elijah faces down the false prophets of Baal on Mount Carmel.  Elijah challenges the people of ancient Israel to give up their divided opinion between the Lord and Baal, and turn away from idolatry.  But the story also provides a powerful example of how believers should face their enemies; not on behalf of a personal agenda, but for the glory of God.

Saturday, September 7, 2013 at 10:46PM
Today's Show: ELIJAH - (PART TWO)
http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_ELIJAH.PART.TWO_09.07.13.mp3

Chris continues his discussion of of the story of the prophet Elijah and the aftermath of his showdown at Mount Carmel against the false prophets of Baal.  With the powers of evil put down, God lifts the three year drought and sends the abundance of rain.  But just as it seems that a time of reform may occur since the people were brought to repentance, the prophet is threatened by Queen Jezebel who wants revenge for the death of her Baal worshiping prophets
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 08, 2013, 05:35:07 pm »

Will listen to the Elijah audios later - but nonetheless you can't deny that these church buildings are just that...bowing down to Baal(especially with the way its architecture is).
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 14, 2013, 07:56:46 am »

Monday, September 9, 2013 at 9:44PM
Today's Show: ELIJAH - (PART THREE)
http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_ELIJAH.THREE_09.09.13.mp3

Chris explores the end of Elijah's ministry as the brief reign of King Ahaziah comes to an end, as we read in 2 Kings.  Ahaziah was the son of King Ahab and the wicked Queen Jezebel.  Like his parents, he worshiped Baal and did evil in the sight of the Lord, and so God pronounced a judgment against him through Elijah.  When the king sent soldiers to have the prophet taken into custody, Elijah called down fire from heaven to consume them.  After destroying two captains and their men, the third captain finally humbled himself and found mercy from God.  The story presents powerful lessons on the value of humility in the sight of God.

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 8:35PM
Today's Show: MATTHEW CHAPTER TEN
http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_MATTHEW.TEN_09.10.13.mp3

Chris discusses the instructions of our Lord Jesus Christ to His disciples as he sent them out to the lost sheep of the house of Israel, and gave them power to cast out unclean spirits and heal all manner of sickness and disease.  He said, "Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves; be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves."  What lessons can we learn about this warning from the Lord?  As we witness the growing hostility against the Christian faith, how should be respond to the unbelieving world around us?  How can we walk as living epistles, defending the faith, without compromising the message of salvation?

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 11:38PM
Today's Show: THE GRACE & MERCY OF GOD
http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_GRACE.MERCY_09.11.13.mp3

Chris discusses Paul's letter to the Ephesians and the beautiful testimony he gives concerning the cross, and the salvation that is extended to both Jews and Gentiles alike.  We also learn powerful lessons about the condition of the lost and unbelieving world.  Some would suggest that "good" people might possibly be saved, even if they don't believe the Gospel.  But Paul makes it clear that before anyone comes to Christ, they are strangers to the promise of eternal life, have no hope, and are without God in the world.  This truth magnifies the importance of the cross and the need for the grace and mercy of God. 
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: September 21, 2013, 04:04:00 am »

Sunday, September 15, 2013 at 10:08PM
Today's Show: PROVE ALL THINGS
http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_PROVE.ALL.THINGS_09.16.13.mp3

In a special one hour show, Chris discusses the Biblical principle of proving all things pertaining to our faith and practice as believers in Christ.  We are called to be Bereans and to search the Scriptures, but also to be on the alert to avoid deception inasmuch as is possible.  Also discussed is a new film review of the documentary "Tares Among the Wheat" by Cris Putnam of Logos Apologia.  The review takes the perspective of textual criticism concerning the controversy over Codex Sinaiticus.  But can the debate be settled according to that argument?  Were similar arguments on the issue dismissed by earlier scholars?  And what does the British Library say about the mysterious history of the codex today?

Monday, September 16, 2013 at 9:46PM
Today's Show: THE POPE, ATHEISTS & ECUMENISM
http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_POPE.ATHEISTS.ECUMENISM_09.17.13.mp3

Chris discusses the recent stories about Pope Francis and the things he has said to the Atheist community.  One headline reported that the Pope told them, "You don't have to believe in God to go to heaven."  This is the second time that Francis has given the impression that faith in God and the Gospel are not necessary for redemption and salvation.  What could be the rationale for communicating such things to an unbelieving world?  Justifying unbelief is not only un-Biblical, it's also contrary to orthodox Catholic doctrine.  Is it possible that all of this dialogue is the latest effort on behalf of the Vatican's world wide ecumenical movement? 

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 at 10:52PM
Today's Show: THE FELLOWSHIP OF SAINTS
http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_FELLOWSHIP.OF.SAINTS_09.18.13.mp3

Chris discusses what the Bible teaches about the kind of fellowship believers are to be engaged in, and the reasons why.  From the beginning, God said it was not good for man to be alone.  As such, He has provided, not only marriage, but the fellowship of believers to strengthen, encourage and teach one another in Christ.  Yet also discussed is the idea of "guilt by association."  Does this concept have any foundation in the Bible?  Does it matter who we are associated with?  If so, what are the boundaries?  And are doctrinal differences about the Gospel enough to keep people or institutions from working together for a "Christian" cause? 

Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 7:54PM
Today's Show: THE CHURCH OF ROME TO FALL?
http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_POPE.HOUSE.OF.CARDS_09.19.13.mp3

Chris discusses a new story about comments made by Pope Francis, who says that unless the Catholic Church takes another approach to the controversial issues of abortion, homosexuality and contraception, its moral structure might "fall like a house of cards."  The Pope's words were from an interview, conducted in secret, with the Italian Jesuit magazine, La Civilta Cattolica.  It was then published simultaneously in Jesuit journals spanning 16 countries, we are told.  What could be going on?  Also discussed is the historic faith of Erasmus, the man credited as the father of the Received Text.  While he is often referred to as a 'Catholic humanist,' is this an accurate way to describe him in modern times?  Most importantly, what did he believe about the Gospel?
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 28, 2013, 06:40:36 am »

Sunday, September 22, 2013 at 7:43PM
Today's Show: THE GOSPEL OF MARK
http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_GOSPEL.OF.MARK_09.23.13.mp3

Chris teaches on the Gospel according to Mark, discussing the authorship of the work and its important history.  Most scholars agree that this account of the life of Christ was written by John Mark, who had been the companion of Paul and Barnabus (Acts 13:5); and who was also the close companion of the Apostle Peter.  In fact, most early church writers believed that Mark's gospel was comprised of the stories he was told by Peter during their time together.  The gospel opens with these beautiful words: "The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God ..."

Monday, September 23, 2013 at 9:18PM
Today's Show: THE GOSPEL OF MARK (PART TWO)
http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_MARK.TWO_09.24.13.mp3

Chris continues his teaching on the Gospel according to Mark, moving into chapter two.  The story of the man stricken with palsy is a powerful lesson in the persistence of faith, as the man's friends were so determined to see him healed by the Lord Jesus, that he were willing to overcome any obstacle to bring him to the Lord.  Also discussed is the wisdom of Charles Spurgeon on the subject of textual criticism.  As the higher critics gained the upper hand during the 19th century, Spurgeon was one of those who commented on their influence.  But what did he have to say, and are his words a lesson for us today?

Thursday, September 26, 2013 at 12:04AM
Today's Show: THE GOSPEL OF MARK (PART THREE)
http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_MARK.THREE_09.25.13.mp3

Chris continues his teaching on the Gospel according to Mark, moving into chapter three.  The Lord heals the man with a withered hand, and provokes the fury of Pharisees and Herodians who then seek to destroy Him.  Jesus also continues to cast out devils who confess that He is the Son of God, yet He forbids them to make Him known.  The Scripture says that Christ came into the world to destroy the works of the Devil, and this chapter is a powerful testimony that reveals just that, as we realize that the battle is not against flesh and blood; but against the principalities and spiritual powers of darkness in this present age. 
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 05, 2013, 05:45:01 am »

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2013 AT 9:46PM
Today's Show: THE LEGACY OF CODEX SINAITICUS
http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_LEGACY.OF.SINAITICUS_09.29.13.mp3

Chris discusses the book, "Secrets of Mount Sinai: The Story of the World's Oldest Bible -- Codex Sinaiticus," by author, James Bentley.  In it, the author describes what he calls the legacy of this manuscript and its impact on the world and Christianity, as he unfolds the higher critical interpretation of the codex, which causes him to deny the Resurrection of Christ.  Also discussed is the issue of higher and lower criticism: what's the difference between them?  And why are they often confused?  Also, Chris talks about the controversial character of Constantine von Tischendorf and his ecumenical activities with Rome.  Tischendorf claimed he was working to defend the Gospel, but is this the whole story of his character?  Were there others who saw him differently in the pages of history?

Despite the arguments of critics such as Bentley, we offer the encouraging words of Dr. R.C. Sproul who tells us that: "The faith of Christianity does not rest on the speculations of an empty tomb, but on the appearance of the Resurrected Christ."

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2013 AT 6:47PM
Today's Show: SECOND TIMOTHY
http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_SECOND.TIMOTHY_09.30.13.mp3

Chris discusses the Apostle Paul's second epistle to Timothy, where he admonishes him to endure hardness as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.  It is worth noting that Paul did not give the young preacher the impression that his walk with Christ would be easy, since the Lord has told us we would have tribulation in this present world; but to endure whatever hardness the Lord brings upon us, knowing that we have an eternal reward in heaven.  This epistle offers encouragement and strength in time of need for the struggles of the faith which face every believer.

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2013 AT 6:51PM
Today's Show: POPE FRANCIS & THE JESUITS
http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_POPE.AND.JESUITS_10.02.13.mp3

Chris discusses several new articles on the activities of Pope Francis, and the new direction he seems to be taking the Vatican and Church of Rome.  After a clandestine series of interviews that were published in 16 Jesuit journals around the world, Francis is now reported to have said that the idea of converting people to Christianity is "solemn nonsense," at least, according to the Washington Post.  The Pope also referred to the Vatican court as the "leprosy of the papacy," saying that the leaders of the Catholic Church have been "sickeningly excited by their courtiers."  There is no question that Pope Francis has developed a reputation for controversy, bringing criticism from Catholics and Protestants alike, who believe he is compromising the central tenets of the Christian faith.  But given his membership in the Jesuit Order, could there be more to this than meets the eye?

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 4, 2013 AT 7:09PM
Today's Show: THE POPE, SPURGEON & DR. DAN WALLACE
http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_10.04.13.mp3

Chris discusses a new article on how President Obama is "hugely impressed" with Pope Francis.  What are the reasons why?  On Charles Spurgeon: while he spoke against the higher critics and their unbelief, could it be said that he was King James Only?  And how did he feel about the Revision of the Authorized Version in 1881?  Also, Chris responds to the arguments of Dr. Daniel Wallace in relation to the discovery of Codex Sinaiticus, and the controversy over the claims of Constantine Simonides.   Was the Sinai manuscript seen by an Italian explorer in 1761?  Was great wealth needed to produce the codex?  And was the issue over whether Simonides created the manuscript settled in the 19th century?  Or were there those who continued to believe that it was an unsolved mystery?
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 05, 2013, 05:42:34 pm »

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2013 AT 6:51PM
Today's Show: POPE FRANCIS & THE JESUITS
http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_POPE.AND.JESUITS_10.02.13.mp3

Chris discusses several new articles on the activities of Pope Francis, and the new direction he seems to be taking the Vatican and Church of Rome.  After a clandestine series of interviews that were published in 16 Jesuit journals around the world, Francis is now reported to have said that the idea of converting people to Christianity is "solemn nonsense," at least, according to the Washington Post.  The Pope also referred to the Vatican court as the "leprosy of the papacy," saying that the leaders of the Catholic Church have been "sickeningly excited by their courtiers."  There is no question that Pope Francis has developed a reputation for controversy, bringing criticism from Catholics and Protestants alike, who believe he is compromising the central tenets of the Christian faith.  But given his membership in the Jesuit Order, could there be more to this than meets the eye?

Very interesting audio - yeah, the Jesuits have found many subtle ways to infiltrate Christianity with their deceptions. You saw how they did it politically since 1980 by forming the "religious right"/"moral majority". Was just reading this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_right

Christian right is a term used in the United States to describe right-wing Christian political groups that are characterized by their strong support of socially conservative policies. Christian conservatives principally seek to apply their understanding of the teachings of Christianity to politics and public policy by proclaiming the value of those teachings and/or by seeking to use those teachings to influence law and public policy.[1]

In the U.S., the Christian right is an informal coalition formed around a core of evangelical Protestants that draws "support from politically conservative Catholics, Jews, Mormons, and occasionally secularists" who share their goals.[2][3] The movement has its roots in American politics going back as far the 1940s and has been especially influential since the 1970s.[4][5] Their influence draws, in part, from grassroots activism as well as their focus on social issues and ability to motivate the electorate around those issues.[6]

The Christian right is notable today for advancing socially conservative positions on issues including school prayer, stem cell research,[7] homosexuality,[8] contraception, abortion,[9] and pornography.[10]

Although the Christian right is usually associated with the U.S., similar movements have been a key factor in the politics of Canada, the Netherlands, Northern Ireland and Australia, among others.

Terminology[edit]

The Christian right is also "also known as the New Christian Right (NCR) or the Religious Right", although some consider the religious right to be "a slightly broader category than Christian Right".[3][4]

John C. Green of the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life states that Jerry Falwell used the label religious right to describe himself. Gary Schneeberger, vice president of media and public relations for Focus on the Family, states that "[t]erms like 'religious right' have been traditionally used in a pejorative way to suggest extremism. The phrase 'socially conservative evangelicals' is not very exciting, but that's certainly the way to do it."[11]

Evangelical leaders like Tony Perkins of the Family Research Council have called attention to the problem of equating the term "Christian right" with evangelicals. Although evangelicals constitute the core constituency of the Christian right, not all evangelicals fit the description. The problem of description is further complicated by the fact that religious conservative may refer to other groups. Mennonites and the Amish, for example, are theologically conservative, however there are no overtly political organizations associated with these denominations.

History[edit]

The Christian right has been a notable force in both the Republican party and American politics since the late 1970s, when Baptist pastor Jerry Falwell and other Christian leaders began to urge conservative Christians to involve themselves in the political process. In response to the rise of the Christian right, the 1980 Republican Party platform assumed a number of its positions, including dropping support for the Equal Rights Amendment and adding support for a restoration of school prayer; abortion was also opposed.[4][5] Since about 1980, the Christian right has been associated with several institutions including the Moral Majority, the Christian Coalition, Focus on the Family and the Family Research Council.[12][13]

While the influence of the Christian right is typically traced to the 1980 Presidential election, Daniel K. Williams argues in God's Own Party that it had actually been involved in politics for most of the twentieth century. He also notes that the Christian right had previously been in alliance with the Republican Party in the 1940s through 1960s on matters such as opposition to communism and defending "a Protestant-based moral order."[14]

Into the 1960 election, Catholics and evangelicals worked against each other, as evangelicals mobilized their forces to defeat Catholics Al Smith in 1928 and John F. Kennedy in 1960.[15] Secularization came to be seen by Protestants as the biggest threat to Christian values, however,[16] and by the 1980s Catholic bishops and evangelicals had begun to work together on issues such as abortion.[17][18][19]

The alienation of Southern Democrats from the Democratic Party contributed to the rise of the right, as the counterculture of the 1960s provoked fear of social disintegration. In addition, as the Democratic Party became identified with a pro-choice position on abortion and with nontraditional societal values, social conservatives joined the Republican Party in increasing numbers.[20]

In 1976, U.S. President Jimmy Carter received the support of the Christian right largely because of his much-acclaimed religious conversion. However, Carter's spiritual transformation did not compensate for his liberal policies in the minds of Christian conservatives, as reflected in Jerry Falwell's criticism that "Americans have literally stood by and watched as godless, spineless leaders have brought our nation floundering to the brink of death."[21]

Ability to organize[edit]

The contemporary Christian right became increasingly vocal and organized in reaction to a series of United States Supreme Court decisions, most notably Bob Jones University v. Simon and Bob Jones University v. United States. It has also engaged in battles over pornography, obscenity, abortion, state sanctioned prayer in public schools, textbook contents (concerning creationism), homosexuality, and sexual education.

Grassroots activism[edit]

Much of the Christian right's power within the American political system is attributed to their extraordinary turnout rate at the polls. The voters that coexist in the Christian right are also highly motivated and driven to get out a viewpoint on issues they care about. As well as high voter turnout, they can be counted on to attend political events, knock on doors and distribute literature. Members of the Christian right are willing to do the electoral work needed to see their candidate elected. Because of their high level of devotion, the Christian right does not need to monetarily compensate these people for their work.[6][22]

Political leaders and institutions[edit]

Led by Robert Grant's advocacy group Christian Voice, Jerry Falwell's Moral Majority, Ed McAteer's Religious Roundtable Council, James Dobson's Focus on the Family, and Pat Robertson's Christian Broadcasting Network, the new Religious Right combined conservative politics with evangelical and fundamentalist teachings.[12] The birth of the New Christian right, however, is usually traced to a 1979 meeting where televangelist Jerry Falwell was urged to create a "Moral Majority" organization.[13][23] Soon, Moral Majority became a general term for the conservative political activism of evangelists and fundamentalists such as Pat Robertson, James Robinson, and Jerry Falwell.[21]
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 05, 2013, 05:56:20 pm »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_Majority

The Moral Majority was a prominent American political organization associated with the Christian right. It was founded in 1979 and dissolved in the late 1980s.

History[edit]

Before establishment[edit]

The origins of the Moral Majority can be traced to 1976, when Jerry Falwell embarked on a series of “I Love America” rallies across the country to raise awareness of social issues important to Falwell.[1] These rallies were an extension of Falwell’s decision to go against the traditional Baptist principle of separating religion and politics, a change of heart Falwell says he had when he perceived the decay of the nation’s morality.[2] Through hosting these rallies, Falwell was able to gauge national support for a formal organization and also raise his profile as a leader. Having already been a part of a well-established network of ministers and ministries, within a few years Falwell was favorably positioned to launch the Moral Majority.

The Moral Majority was formally initiated as a result of a struggle for control of an American conservative Christian advocacy group known as Christian Voice during 1978. Robert Grant, Christian Voice's acting President, stated in a news conference that the Religious Right was a "sham... controlled by three Catholics and a Jew." Paul Weyrich, Terry Dolan, Richard Viguerie (the Catholics) and Howard Phillips (the Jew) left Christian Voice. During a 1979 meeting, they urged televangelist Jerry Falwell to found Moral Majority (a phrase coined by Weyrich[3]). This was also the beginning of the New Christian Right.[4][5]

Establishment and organizational activity[edit]

Falwell and Weyrich founded the Moral Majority in June 1979.[6] The Moral Majority was a southern-oriented organization of the Christian Right, although the Moral Majority’s state chapters and political activity extended beyond the South.[1] After the Moral Majority’s establishment, the state chapters grew quickly, with organizations in eighteen states by 1980.[7][8] The variety of resources available to the Moral Majority at its founding facilitated this rapid expansion, which included Falwell’s “Old Time Gospel Hour” mailing list. In addition, the Moral Majority took control of the “Old Time Gospel Hour’s” publication, Journal Champion, which had been distributed to the show’s donors.[9] Falwell was the organization's best known spokesperson throughout the 1980s. By 1982, Moral Majority surpassed Christian Voice in size and influence.

The Moral Majority’s headquarters were in Lynchburg, Virginia, the same city where Falwell was the presiding minister of the nation’s largest independent Baptist church, Thomas Road Baptist Church. Virginia has been a seat of Christian Right politics, being the state where the Christian Coalition’s first headquarters were established. Falwell was at the head of the Moral Majority and maintained an advisory board, constituting the organization’s primary leadership. This leadership was drawn heavily from Falwell’s fellow members of the Baptist Bible Fellowship. Falwell insisted the Moral Majority leadership also include Catholics and Jews, although not all members of the leadership approved of this inclusion.[10]

The Moral Majority was an organization made up of conservative Christian political action committees which campaigned on issues its personnel believed were important to maintaining its Christian conception of moral law, a conception they believed represented the opinions of the majority of Americans (hence the movement's name). With a membership of millions, the Moral Majority was one of the largest conservative lobby groups in the United States and at its height, the Moral Majority claimed over four million members and over two million donors.[11] These members were spread out over about twenty state organizations, of which Washington State was the largest. The Moral Majority was incorporated into the Liberty Federation in 1985, remaining a distinct entity but falling under the Liberty Federation’s larger jurisdiction. By 1987, Falwell retired as the formal head of the Moral Majority, although he maintained an active and visible role within the organization.

Dissolution[edit]

By the end of Ronald Reagan's presidential administration, Christian Right organizations were generally in a phase of decline. After Reagan’s two terms in office, donations were decreasing, possibly because after eight years of Christian Right-supported leadership, the nation did not appear to donors to be in the same state of moral peril as they perceived it to be when Reagan first took office.[12] The Moral Majority’s financial base seriously eroded when it became part of the Liberty Federation and financial difficulties ultimately were a major factor in the decision to disband the organization.[13] Falwell, though, gave a more optimistic public opinion about the Moral Majority’s dissolution. Announcing the disbandment of the Moral Majority in 1989 in Las Vegas, Falwell declared, “Our goal has been achieved…The religious right is solidly in place and…religious conservatives in America are now in for the duration.”[14]

Organizational goals and composition[edit]

The Moral Majority sought to mobilize conservative Americans to become politically active on issues they thought were important. A variety of tactics were used to garner support. These tactics included direct-mail campaigns, telephone hot lines, rallies, and religious television broadcasts.[15] Although the Moral Majority existed for only a decade, it became a visible political force very shortly after its founding and was relatively effective in its mobilization goals. According to Robert Liebman and Robert Wuthnow, common explanations for this success include:[16]

The Moral Majority was founded with strong financial backing already in place.

The Moral Majority’s leaders were in frequent communication with its constituents, enabling consistent messages to resonate throughout all levels of hierarchy.

The Moral Majority’s leaders generally had previous organizational experience.

The general public was amenable to the issues the Moral Majority emphasized.

Some issues for which the Moral Majority campaigned included:[17]

Censorship of media outlets that promote an "anti-family" agenda

Enforcement of a traditional vision of family life

Opposition to the Equal Rights Amendment and Strategic Arms Limitation Talks

Opposition to state recognition and acceptance of homosexual acts

Outlawing abortion in all cases

Targeting Jews and other non-Christians for conversion to conservative Christianity

The Moral Majority had adherents in the two major United States political parties, the Republicans and the Democrats, although they exercised far more influence within the former.

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 05, 2013, 06:19:40 pm »

^^ A couple of things that really stuck out with the RR/MM...

1) The term "socially conservative"...Socially? As in "Social" Justice? I don't know, but it sounds like neither social nor conservative go hand in hand together. It's as if it was a made-up term to begin with.

And most importantly, this word is NOT found in the King James Bible!

2) As you read in one of the 2 links above - pretty much when a Republican(ie-Reagan) is in office, Churchianity somehow has this perception that the country is at peace, prosperous, and good morals during their terms. BUT...when a Democrat(ie-Clinton) is in office, that's when they start going all-out exposing them.

For the record, no, America was NOT in good moral standing at all when Reagan was in office - remember how we started to see the entertainment media coming out with plots centering around co-habituating, unmarried couples? Or how about when poisons like Aspertame, MSG, etc were legalized b/c Reagan wanted to completely deregulate the markets? Or how about his USSC appointment of Sandra Day O'Conner? But when Clinton was in office, the Jerry Falwell types were complaining how these teletubby dolls were promoting homosexuality? Or how about the whole Franklin Scandal Cover Up under Reagan where young boys were getting molested compared to Bill Clinton and Monica? But en yet the "Christian Right" went overtly-vocal over the latter, and said NOTHING about the former?

Pt being that the Jesuit opposition-controlled "Christian Right" is kept so much in the dark when a Republican is in office, so that when a Democrat is in office and things just look SO out of control, it's as if no one knows what hit them. You're seeing it now with Obama - during Bush Jr's 8 years, no one on the CR/MM said a word over the blasphemies going on under Bush/Cheney, including the appointment of 2 pro-abortion/pro-sodomy justices(Roberts and Alito). Now things have gotten so bad that everyone in these movements have all but fallen away and thrown in the towel. Honestly, this is why I believe you just don't see Obama get exposed a whole lot like Clinton did.(ie- modern-day churches in America believe everything is goody-goody).
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 05, 2013, 09:59:10 pm »

Here's another prime example - just imagine if John Kerry was President at the time of Katrina - there would have been a ton of outrage over this. Seriously, I've read on a Churchianity forum how FEMA was doing the right thing when they went around confiscating guns like this. Roll Eyes

Pt being that just as explained above - globalist agendas get implemented at a faster rate when a Republican is in the White House b/c the Jesuit-arm RR/MM gets their flock to stand down. So by the time a Dem President comes about, the damage pretty much has already been done.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 10:24:43 pm by BornAgain2 » Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 11, 2013, 10:40:42 pm »

On Charles Spurgeon: while he spoke against the higher critics and their unbelief, could it be said that he was King James Only?  And how did he feel about the Revision of the Authorized Version in 1881?

Couldn't find anything on Yahoo on this(and he did expose Wescott and Hort, FYI) - but nonetheless if he did support the NASB, not surprised at all with all of the leaven he brought in, which was corrupt from the get-go.
http://endtimesandcurrentevents.freesmfhosting.com/index.php/topic,9474.msg42189/topicseen.html#msg42189
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 12, 2013, 05:00:41 am »

Sunday, October 6, 2013 at 8:33PM
Today's Show: HEBREWS TEN & THE BODMER PAPYRI
http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_BODMER.PAPYRI_10.07.13.mp3

Chris discusses an overview of the various bombshell statements made by Pope Francis thus far into his papal reign, examining the overall message he seems to be conveying.  Is the pope telling the world that doctrine is unimportant as long as men pursue good deeds?  How does this measure up against what we are told in Hebrews chapter ten?  Also, Chris gives an update on his research into the Bodmer Papyri and their acquisition in the 1950's through a Jesuit priest named Father Louis Doutreleau, SJ.  These papyrus fragments of the New Testament are considered among the oldest in the world, and their discovery is shrouded in mystery and contradiction.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 at 10:11AM
Today's Show: THE PLYMOUTH PLANTATION
http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_PLYMOUTH.PLANTATION_10.08.13.mp3

Chris discusses the history of William Bradford, who arrived on the Mayflower with the Pilgrims at Plymouth in the year 1620.  After an initial period of struggling to survive, followed by the death of the first governor, the Plymouth company would elect Bradford as their chief governor for a period of more than 30 years.  He is considered one of history's great Christian heroes, and an original founder of America.  In his lifetime, he recorded the classic work, "Of Plymouth Plantation," in which he described the reasons for coming to the new world, along with a history of how the early settlers endured various hardships and trials.   Today, Chris focuses on Bradford's introduction, where he describes the hardships of the wars and inquisitions during the period of the Reformation.  Bradford makes it clear that the persecutions suffered at the hands of Rome because of the preaching of the Gospel was part of what compelled these early pilgrims to come to America.

Thursday, October 10, 2013 at 11:18PM
Today's Show: THE LESSON OF JEREMIAH
 http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_JEREMIAH.LESSON_10.11.13.mp3

Chris discusses the book of Jeremiah and its lessons for us today.  After the Babylonian invasion when God's judgment had fallen upon the people of ancient Israel, the remnant that was left behind sought out the prophet Jeremiah about what they should do.  They asked him to inquire of the Lord, and declared that whatever God told them to do, they would surely do it.  But when Jeremiah returned with God's instruction, the people were unwilling to receive it.  Sadly, they rejected the Word of the Lord, even though it was given with precious promises of deliverance and mercy.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 18, 2013, 06:11:48 am »

Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 9:59AM
Today's Show: COLUMBUS DAY
http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_COLUMBUS_10.14.13.mp3

Chris discusses the origins of Columbus Day, perhaps the most debated and controversial of our federal holidays.  Charges of cruelty against the native Indians have haunted the memory of the Italian explorer for hundreds of years, and have gained momentum in modern times, as progressive groups argue that his discovery of the new world has disenfranchised the indigenous peoples of both North and South America.  Now that the holiday named for him has been challenged, some conservatives have objected.  But is Columbus Day a long standing tradition in America?  And does it really represent the spread of Christianity into the new world, as some suggest?  Perhaps the most ironic aspect of the holiday in the United States is that Christopher Columbus never actually set foot on U.S. soil.  Why then do we celebrate him as the great discoverer of our country?

Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 11:00AM
Today's Show: WINTHROP & THE PURITAN MIGRATION
http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_WINTHROP_10.14.13.mp3

Chris discusses the Puritan Migration to America in 1630, and the reasons for it as given by Governor John Winthrop, who is remembered as one of the founders of the Massachusetts Bay Colony, and the city of Boston.  Winthrop is famous for his "city on a hill" speech, often quoted by Christian conservatives in modern times.  But when he listed the Reasons for the Plantation in New England, his number one purpose was "to carry the Gospel into those parts of the world, to help on the fullness of the coming of the Gentiles, and to raise a bulwark against the kingdom of Antichrist, which the Jesuits labor to rear up in those parts."  Incredibly, an examination of the additional reasons he gave for leaving the old world reveals that the conditions of 17th century England were not unlike those of 21st century America.  Truly, there is nothing new under the sun (Ecclesiastes 1:9).

Thursday, October 17, 2013 at 9:16PM
Today's Show: MARK'S ENDING & THE MARK OF THE BEAST
http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_MARK.GOSPEL.REVELATION_10.17.13.mp3

Chris discusses issues pertaining to the faith of the Gospel, and its defense in modern times.  In particular, an article on the Biblical Archaeology website by Dr. James Tabor who writes about the "Strange Ending of the Gospel of Mark" as he calls it.  Tabor argues that the shorter ending of Mark's gospel "makes all the difference" to understanding Christianity.  But what does he mean?  His argument is illogical, and largely based on the principle of placing Mark first in the historic order of the writing of the gospels -- instead of Matthew -- a practice that has gained momentum through the 20th century.  Also discussed are emails from listeners concerning the Mark of the Beast according to the Book of Revelation.  What does the "mark" or "number" of the beast mean?  This show is the introduction for a two part series on the mysterious mark and how it was understood by the Reformers.

Saturday, October 19, 2013 at 4:01PM
Today's Show: THE MARK OF THE BEAST (PART 2)
http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_MARK.OF.THE.BEAST.TWO_10.21.13.mp3

Chris follows up the previous show with a special 80 minute program on the Mark of the Beast, and its meaning.  In this show, we learn about the history of how prophecies concerning the Antichrist have been understood in centuries past, and how the Reformers viewed the infamous "mark," as well as the name and number of Antichrist.  Also discussed is the shift in the understanding of end time prophecy which took place in the 19th century, as many Protestants changed their view from the classical Historicist interpretation (which was taught by the Reformers) to the modern Futurist belief that now dominates in most Evangelical churches today.  How did this shift in exegesis impact the understanding of what the Mark of the Beast is?  Did the early church expect to be offered a literal mark on their hands and foreheads?  Or was their view more spiritual and allegorical?  Perhaps most importantly, if a person were to receive the mark, can they later repent and be saved?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 01:11:46 pm by Mark » Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 19, 2013, 11:41:37 am »

Thursday, October 17, 2013 at 9:16PM
Today's Show: MARK'S ENDING & THE MARK OF THE BEAST
http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_MARK.GOSPEL.REVELATION_10.17.13.mp3

Chris discusses issues pertaining to the faith of the Gospel, and its defense in modern times.  In particular, an article on the Biblical Archaeology website by Dr. James Tabor who writes about the "Strange Ending of the Gospel of Mark" as he calls it.  Tabor argues that the shorter ending of Mark's gospel "makes all the difference" to understanding Christianity.  But what does he mean?  His argument is illogical, and largely based on the principle of placing Mark first in the historic order of the writing of the gospels -- instead of Matthew -- a practice that has gained momentum through the 20th century.  Also discussed are emails from listeners concerning the Mark of the Beast according to the Book of Revelation.  What does the "mark" or "number" of the beast mean?  This show is the introduction for a two part series on the mysterious mark and how it was understood by the Reformers.

The Last Twelve Verses of the Gospel According to S. Mark by John William Burgon

PDF: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/26134/26134-pdf.pdf
EPUB: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/26134.epub.noimages
MOBI: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/26134.kindle.noimages

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/26134
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 24, 2013, 08:31:26 pm »

Saturday, October 19, 2013 at 4:01PM
Today's Show: THE MARK OF THE BEAST (PART 2)
http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_MARK.OF.THE.BEAST.TWO_10.21.13.mp3

Chris follows up the previous show with a special 80 minute program on the Mark of the Beast, and its meaning.  In this show, we learn about the history of how prophecies concerning the Antichrist have been understood in centuries past, and how the Reformers viewed the infamous "mark," as well as the name and number of Antichrist.  Also discussed is the shift in the understanding of end time prophecy which took place in the 19th century, as many Protestants changed their view from the classical Historicist interpretation (which was taught by the Reformers) to the modern Futurist belief that now dominates in most Evangelical churches today.  How did this shift in exegesis impact the understanding of what the Mark of the Beast is?  Did the early church expect to be offered a literal mark on their hands and foreheads?  Or was their view more spiritual and allegorical?  Perhaps most importantly, if a person were to receive the mark, can they later repent and be saved?

I haven't listened to this one - however, it's actually quite the opposite. The early church and the church in centuries past had a futurist belief of the book of Revelation, Matthew 24, Mark 13, Luke 17 and 21, and parts of Daniel, as well as believing the mark of the beast is literal. It wasn't until the 1800's(when all of these d@mnable heretical beliefs started coming out) when these Baptist/Protestant churches started shifting to the Historicist interpretation, believing the mark of the beast being allegorical - all b/c they slowly but surely embraced a lot of these d@mnable heresies.

Personally with my experiences, I can attest for this through all the modern-day churches I've been too - they all pretty much scoff at end times prophecies, and have a more Preterist view.

As for the Historicist view - it came out of the Catholic Church. I don't know what Pinto is thinking here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicism_(Christianity)

As for our Protestant "Reformers" that held to this view - remember they themselves brought some leaven along with them. They just MERELY PROTESTED against the Catholic Church - a lot like how the "truth" movement has protested against the Illuminati.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 10, 2014, 05:05:02 am »

Thursday, May 8, 2014 at 7:29PM
Today's Show: ISLAMIC PERSECUTION OF CHRISTIANS
http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_ISLAMIC.PERSECUTION_05.08.14.mp3

Chris discusses a series of stories about how Muslims in foreign countries are persecuting Christians at an alarming rate.  In particular, the radical Islamic group, Boko Haram which kidnapped some 300 Christian girls, most of whom are still in captivity.  In the Scriptures, we are told that we would suffer tribulation during our time on earth, but what could be the reason for this recent rise of hatred against believers?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: