End Times and Current Events
August 30, 2014, 03:13:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

DRACO - MIT Scientist Develops Vaccine To "Cure All Viral Diseases"

Shoutbox
Today at 05:32:29 am Christian40 says: Okay 911 is coming up again and you are most likely going to get news about it this anniversary will be the 13th anniversary now if you understand what 13 means to the Illuminati and such could anything happen this time? some person said that there may be a shopping mall attack or worse, it is good to pray that no evil will come by. Just saying
August 21, 2014, 03:16:40 am Christian40 says: 1 Corinthians 12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
August 20, 2014, 10:39:52 pm Boldhunter says: 2 Peter 3:9-10 KJV

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.  But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
August 20, 2014, 09:32:09 am Mark says: sometimes, sometimes not
August 20, 2014, 08:07:55 am Black Platypus says: I take it this forum isn't very busy. Bummer.
August 20, 2014, 07:50:13 am Black Platypus says: Cheesy Greetings to all from the resident newbie
August 14, 2014, 02:08:04 am Christian40 says: i dont know i have seen old people that look young on some days and some days they look like they are gray i think it depends on what time of day it is, i dont know if it is good to be older or younger, i assume i will be 33 looking when i get to Heaven and the same with you and Bryan.
August 12, 2014, 09:09:10 am BornAgain2 says: Is it just me, or does Bryan look healthier(and younger) now? He said that he doesn't eat any of that fast-food junk anymore like he did 3 years ago and beyond that(ie-3 years ago, he looked like he was ageing).
August 12, 2014, 04:17:28 am Christian40 says: 2 Timothy 1:13 Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.
August 11, 2014, 04:33:46 pm BornAgain2 says: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjkYLe7OsxQ  Shocked
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DRACO - MIT Scientist Develops Vaccine To "Cure All Viral Diseases"  (Read 608 times)
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« on: August 16, 2011, 06:33:48 am »

DRACO - MIT Scientist Develops Vaccine To "Cure All Viral Diseases"

Viral pathogens pose serious health threats worldwide. For clinical viruses such as HIV or hepatitis, emerging viruses such as avian or swine influenza, and highly lethal viruses such as Ebola or smallpox that might be used in bioterrorist attacks, relatively few therapeutics or prophylactics (preventatives) exist. Most therapeutics that do exist are highly specific for one virus, are ineffective against virus strains that become resistant to them, or have adverse effects on patients.

As part of the PANACEA (for Pharmacological Augmentation of Nonspecific Anti-pathogen Cellular Enzymes and Activities) project, researchers from MIT Lincoln Laboratory have developed and demonstrated a novel broad-spectrum antiviral approach, called DRACO (for Double-stranded RNA [dsRNA] Activated Caspase Oligomerizer). DRACO selectively induces apoptosis, or cell suicide, in cells containing any viral dsRNA, rapidly killing infected cells without harming uninfected cells. As a result, DRACO should be effective against virtually all viruses, rapidly terminating a viral infection while minimizing the impact on the patient.

Dr. Todd Rider, senior staff scientist in MIT Lincoln Laboratory’s Chemical, Biological, and Nanoscale Technologies Group, invented PANACEA and the DRACO therapeutics, and led the team that developed them: Scott Wick, in charge of DRACO production; Christina Zook, in charge of cell testing; Tara Boettcher, in charge of mouse trials; and Jennifer Pancoast and Benjamin Zusman, who performed additional experiments.

In work reported in the journal PLoS ONE, DRACO was shown to be effective against all 15 viruses that the team has so far tested in cells, including cold viruses (rhinoviruses), H1N1 influenza strains, adenoviruses, a stomach virus (reovirus), a polio virus, dengue fever virus, and several members of hemorrhagic fever arenavirus and bunyavirus families. DRACO was also demonstrated to be nontoxic in 11 different cell types representing various species (e.g., humans, monkeys, mice) and organ types (e.g., heart, lung, liver, kidney). In addition, experiments demonstrated that DRACO not only is nontoxic to mice but also can save mice infected with a lethal dose of H1N1 influenza. Currently, the team is testing additional viruses in mice and beginning to get promising results with those as well.

rest: http://www.redicecreations.com/article.php?id=16460
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8

Social Buttons

Kilika
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 01:43:54 pm »

original article is here...

http://www.ll.mit.edu/news/DRACO.html

Funded in part by DARPA.  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: