End Times and Current Events
March 29, 2024, 04:34:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Differences between Catholics and Copts

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Differences between Catholics and Copts  (Read 1443 times)
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« on: August 21, 2011, 03:56:50 am »

In order for one to partake of the Coptic Orthodox Sacarments, one must have the same believes as the Coptic Church believes and confess their faith.
+ Since there are many differences between the Coptic Orthodox Creed (Belief) and the Catholic Creed. A catholic person can not partake from the Coptic Orthodox Sacarments and the opposite is true. Unless, the Catholic person accepts the believes of the Coptic Orthodox Church and receives the sacrament of Baptism in the Coptic Orthodox Church.
+ Some of these differences are as follow:

1) Coptic Orthodox Church believes in the One Nature of Christ out of two Nature, The Nature of the Incarnate Word "Logos". Catholics do not.

2) Coptic Orthodox Church believes that the Holy Spirit proceeds only from the Father. As the Bible teaches us, "But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of Truth who proceeds from The Father, he will testify of Me" (St. John 15:26). Also look up (St. John 14:26).

3) The Coptic Orthodox Church does not believe in Purgatory for the following reasons;
A) St. Luke 16:19-31 when the rich man died the angels carried him directly to hades, and Lazarus to the paradise of Joy.
B) Does not follow the teachings of our Lord and God Jesus Christ when He sadi to the Right theif, "Today you will be with Me in paradise" (St. Luke 23:42).
C) It is aganist the Redemption and Salvation of Christ (1st. John 1:7, Heb. 7:25, Rev. 5:9&10).
D) Against Repentance (St. Luke 13:3-5).
· The Catholic Church believes in Purgatory

4) The Coptic Orthodox Church does not believe in the Immaculate Conception of St. Mary, because:
A) St. Mary said " My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoiced in God my Savior" (St. Luke 1:46&47).
B) No one without sin except God alone (Galatians 3:22, 1st. Kings 8:46, Ecclesiastes 7:20)
C) Only Christ our Lord and God is without sin (2nd Cor 5:21, Heb 4:15, Heb 7:26)
D) This is against the Bible teachings (1st. John 3:5).
· The Catholic Church believes in The Immaculate Conception of St. Mary.

5) The Coptic Orthodox Church believes in Baptism by Immersion, because
A) Christ was Baptised by Complete immersion into the water of the Jordan river (St. Matt 3:16, St. Mark 1:10).
B) When St. Philip batized the Ethiopian Eunuch the Bible clearly states that the Eunuch came up out of the water (Acts 8:38 & 39).
C) Baptism is dying, being buired, and resurrected with Christ (Rom 6:4, Col 2:12), burying is by imeeriosn.
D) Baptism is washing away sins (acts 22:16, Titus 3:5).
· Catholic Baptism is by sprinkling.

6) The Coptic Orthodox Chruch permits divorce in the following conditions;
A) Change of religion (1st. Cor 7:15).
B) Adultery (St. Matt 5:32 & 19:9, St Mark 10:11, St. Luke 16:18).

+ There many more differences, such as, Facing the East, Fasting, & Primacy of St. Peter.

Catholics believe council:
They believe that Virgin Mary is a co-redeemer with Jesus Christ
They believe in the baptism by sprinkling of water
They believe that their pope is infallible (Doesn't make mistakes, sin)
They believe in Purgatory (a place where good people that sinned will go to temporarily before going to heaven)
They believe that Saint Peter is higher ranking than the other disciples and that he holds the keys to heaven.
Dates for Christmas and Easter

On the other hand, here is what Coptic's believe in

We do NOT believe or condone the Chalcedonic council
We believe that Virgin Mary is higher than all the saint, but she is NOT a co-redeemer with Jesus. she is highly regarded in our church, but not as high as the Catholics put her (almost a goddess)
We believe that baptism should be by submerging in water like Jesus did
We believe that the pope CAN make sins and mistakes.
We do NOT believe in Purgatory. You are judged based on what you have done here.
We believe that St. Peter is equal to the rest of the disciples, he doesn't hold the keys to heaven or any other place for that matter.
Christmas and Easter dates we disagree with them. (Easter, we are right, Christmas, there is no Right or wrong, its just different ways of looking at the calendar)

I believe that sums up the major differences. One other thing, they are more relaxed than us in their beliefs, they let go of a lot of traditional things like Fasting, the importance of prayer, simple rituals and dogmatic beliefs. That pretty much sums it up.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 04:07:34 am »

still catholic in my eyes. I actually work with a Coptic from Egypt. He prays to Mary and every other demi god he can find. Dont believe the hype, they are just as Babylonian as the catholic church.
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 04:19:35 am »

still catholic in my eyes. I actually work with a Coptic from Egypt. He prays to Mary and every other demi god he can find. Dont believe the hype, they are just as Babylonian as the catholic church.

Thanks for the input. Well they are from Egypt and when i read about Egypt in the Bible or read about the Alexandrian Corruptions and then hear of a Coptic Church i sort of have questions in my mind about them. Roll Eyes I'm not saying that there isn't a remnant of real Christians there, it's just that the Copts are the largest "Christian" group there.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 04:27:20 am »

Thanks for the input. Well they are from Egypt and when i read about Egypt in the Bible or read about the Alexandrian Corruptions and then hear of a Coptic Church i sort of have questions in my mind about them. Roll Eyes I'm not saying that there isn't a remnant of real Christians there, it's just that the Copts are the largest "Christian" group there.

that is correct, yet they are not Biblical Christian. I tried to point out to my co worker just what the Bible has to say on some of his beliefs, he did not want to here it. They are just a subset of the Catholic church. Same with Greek orthodox, and the Russian Church.
Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: