End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 11:49:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Hollywood's War On God

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hollywood's War On God  (Read 13367 times)
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2011, 04:36:39 am »

Edit: The original video posted here 2 years ago is no longer on youtube. Here's the more recent one...

Part 1 of 16

IS IT POSSIBLE THAT THE "DA VINCI CODE" IS THE FULFILLMENT OF A MUCH LARGER CODE THAT REVEALS THAT SATANIC FORCES WOULD ONE DAY DECEIVE THE ENTIRE WORLD?

Hollywood's War on God is a mind-blowing, eye-popping documentary that reveals how satanic forces are using Hollywood's most memorable movies and most popular actors to propagate an ancient lie in fulfillment of biblical prophecy.

Learn how these movies are initiating the masses into a Gnostic worldview that will culminate in a "strong delusion" as the world joins Satan & the final Antichrist in their war on God.

Such titles include:

Ron Howard & Tom Hanks - The Da Vinci Code
Keanu Reeves - The Matrix & Constantine
Brad Pitt's - Fight Club
Jim Carreys - Truman Show
Toby McQuire's - Pleasantville
Arnold Swarzeneggers - Total Recall
Johnny Depps - From Hell
Shawn Connerys - League of Extraordinary Gentleman
J.K. Rowlings - Harry Potter
Harrison Fords - Bladerunner
Tom Cruise's - Vanilla Sky, Eyes Wide Shut & Minority Report
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 10:22:14 pm by BornAgain2 » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 09:04:26 am »

I saw this over 2 years ago - a very, very good and eyepopping film. Yes, Hollywood has been very subtle in their anti-Jesus Christ messages they put in their products.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 12:16:38 pm »

Hollywood's Satanic Agenda...VERY Eye Opening..

Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 05:43:34 am »

Edit: The previous one posted here was taken down on youtube. Here's the more recent one.

Hollywood unmasked *Full Documentary*

« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 10:25:03 pm by BornAgain2 » Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 03:02:53 pm »

Hollywood unmasked *Full Documentary*

William F. Cooper made this comment about Oliver Stone and his other film "JFK" - Stone's intent with "JFK" was to deceive his audiences into thinking we need to TEAR DOWN the constitution, and eventually usher in the NWO. Yes, Cooper was right in that there was ALOT of things Stone did NOT say in the film(ie-he said NOTHING about the secret societies ala the Freemasons, Vatican, etc that are running the world behind the scenes...these very groups Kennedy himself called out in a speech, which wasn't even in the film either). Thought I would throw that in there as his very violent and bloody "Natural Born Killers" was talked about in it.

As for the Columbine massacre...yeah, I had no idea until now that there were students that died for their faith in Jesus Christ. I thought Dillon and Klebold were just 2 violent and lonely teens who just snapped. And to boot, when Capitol Hill started calling out violent entertainment afterwards, NOT ONCE did they say anything about the secret societies that have been behind getting these products out. Of course this isn't a surprise, b/c the Illuminati runs Capitol Hill!

Overall, an excellent film!
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 03:22:38 pm »

As for the Columbine massacre...yeah, I had no idea until now that there were students that died for their faith in Jesus Christ. I thought Dillon and Klebold were just 2 violent and lonely teens who just snapped.

really?  Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 03:59:37 pm »

I believe it was around 1997(at least in my previous city) when they started opening these big movie megaplexes with all kinds of big, loud, crazy sounds in your eyes(and big screens on your eyes).

Prior to this in 1997, all the movie houses I went to were pretty much plain, ordinary, and rather small screened. No, I'm not saying you weren't affected watching a movie on a small plain screen, but at the same time, watching a movie in these BIG megaplexes was just a COMPLETELY different experience. It was as if your entire mind, body, and soul was being CONTROLLED(literally) and manipulated. I remember watching Steven Spielberg's "Saving Private Ryan" in one of these a year later, and it really felt like I was literally in that combat zone.

Again, no, I'm not saying if you watched "Star Wars" in the 70's on one of those dummy screens, you weren't affected, but at the same time, as technology et al has increased which has translated into these big megaplexes, the affects of the big screen onto the average person has really become much worse.

Also, I can't believe how many actors, movies, and other Hollywood products so-called Christian ministries have endorsed over the years - both Denzel Washington and Ashley Judd have professed being Christians(Judd one time quoted how she never goes anywhere without her bible), but en yet, Denzel has openly admitted he uses New Age techniques to get him into character. Christian ministries endorsed The Matrix?? REALLY??
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 04:07:04 pm »

Also, it's interesting when they were saying in the video above that alot of these messages will really get into your brain, even though you might not be paying attention to it.

For example, they mentioned the Robin Williams movie "Patch Adams". I saw that movie way back when it first came out - no, I don't remember that scene where Williams gave that blasphemous prayer to God(and it never felt like it stuck in my head), HOWEVER...over the years after that when I have blasphemed God(BEFORE I got saved), I said almost the VERY SAME words he said when I would blaspheme God. And there were other scenes they showed of movies I saw where I did almost the VERY SAME THING Embarrassed

Pt being yes, you may not be paying attention to a particular scene when watching a movie, but don't bet it will just waltz away from you. I mean it seems like when you watch any movie(past or present that is), there will be 100s of times throughout where they will blaspheme in some way no matter what kind of movie it is. Peter said your enemy the devil is like a roaring lion roaring about whom he may devour. And Jesus had some harsh words for all but 2 of the 7 churches in Revelation(ie-one of them brought in Jezebel and the word of the Nicodelean(sorry for the misspell here)).

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2011, 04:19:17 pm »

One more thing to add-

This was way back when I was unsaved, and I considered watching Hollywood movies a hobby, and surfed an internet message board or 2 keeping up with this industry...

From what I understand and read, like 1/2(or even more) of the so-called film critics don't even show up to these press screenings. I mean yeah, AT LEAST 50% of film critics you read in your paper or national magazine, etc don't even show up to these press screenings(despite all the detailed reviews of these films they supposedly critique).

I mean that right there should tell you something over how the industry is runned - Hollywood is runned by Satan's NWO minions, major newspapers have attended Bilderberg meetings, the agenda of Hollywood movies is to condition everyone to accept Satan's New Age, etc, etc. So pretty much, whether these critics give good or bad reviews, they're pretty much TOLD what to write.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2011, 11:03:26 pm »

Here's another comment from one of the actresses - she said that it's through her faith that guides her in everything she does. Interesting...she also starred in a movie a couple of years ago about a woman getting drunk with a guy, having a 1 night stand with him, and getting pregnant. Dunno, but that's not our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ guiding us in this decision. Angry

Well, there are FIVE parts to that video above...Wow...didn't know there were THAT MANY Christians in Hollywood, which is notorious for warring against Christians. Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
Christian40
Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2011, 04:21:47 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5IdOC2Ivj0&feature=share

Learn more about the occult agenda.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2011, 10:56:28 pm »

And less not forget about all those sitcoms and movies geared at teens that give off alot of anti-social messages.

"Seinfeld" is a prime example - all of the characters were rotten, mean, and very self-centered. However, the entire show was made one big joke to the point where the audiences's laughter just drowned out all the negativity that came from it. HOWEVER, all of the subliminal anti-social messages oozed into everyone. Remember the last episode where the entire cast filmed a car robbery and did nothing to prevent it, which got them thrown in jail? Guess what - not only the makers of the show made one big joke out of it, but they made the cast look like the victims in it(ie-yet another swipe at conservatives, as they were visiting a conservative MA town - coincidence that there's been a war on fundamentalism, especially fundamentalist Christianity in recent decades especially?).

Believe it or not, I(and I'm sure everyone here as well) has read and heard similar news stories like the plot of this last episode.(ie-I saw one time how one person was getting beaten to death, but everyone just stood around watching and did nothing).

And the most ironic about all this is that your typical anti-social, mean, rotten person in society today isn't exactly someone you want to get near, and they're not exactly some "Ha Ha I'm easy to get along" Jerry Seinfeld kind of guy. And even worse, your typical anti-social guy many not be your typical non-Christian, but a PASTOR/DEACON of a church in town(ie-I can attest to this in my last church).

For years and years, I've heard many people say how when they see movies at the movie theater(or tv shows on tv), they just leave it right there once they get out of the theater(or turn off the tv). Hate to say it, but not sure about that - especially with a growing number of young people(and Gen Xers in general) thinking it's OK for men and women to cohabitate outside of marriage/it's OK to be a little anti-social/it's OK to make a little brash joke here/rock music is OK, etc...you can't deny that the mass media has AT LEAST some effect. Even secular people back in the 50's or so sure didn't have this thinking. Not that they were saved and went to heaven, but again, they still had the blessings of not having access to all this filth.

Personally, I'm a Gen Xer, and still have some cobwebs in my head over all this.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2012, 11:00:35 pm »

FWIW, I just saw my young cousin's facebook/twitter pages - she's like ~1/2 my age, so it's as if it's a more uncle/niece relationship.

Anyhow, when I visited Ohio 10 years ago for 2 weeks, she was this sweet, innocent 10 year old. I've only seen her a couple of times since(2007 at xmas, and then in 2008 for a family reunion - both times, she seemed to still be this sweet, innocent teenager).

Can't say how my heart sank when I saw her facebook and twitter pages just now - she comes from a family of born again Christians, but she's into "Twilight", "Hunger Games", "Degrassi", modern-day rock music, and she used some cursing on her twitter blog, and showed pictures of herself in semi-provocative clothing.(FWIW, she graduated in the top 10 in her high school class, and is going to a prestigious univ - no, I don't endorse the current school system, but just saying)

Even though she was this sweet, innocent 10 year old back in 2002, at the same time you could still see all the indoctrination implanted into her(ie-we had a discussion about Title IX - the 70's law where supposedly it gave girls equal rights to participate in school athletics, but turned out to be yet another control-agenda by the "women's rights movement" - it seemed like she was buying into all the feminist propaganda her public school was teaching her).

Anyhow, if anyone says $ex, violence, swearing, etc in the media doesn't harm the youth, then THINK AGAIN. Yes, it has a GREAT AFFECT - and don't let these "conservatives" on Capitol Hill make you think it's "just a bunch of liberal men in Hollywood" as well. Didn't David say that no wicked thing shall come before his eyes? Didn't Solomon say how the fear of the Lord is to hate evil?

No, I'm not saying I'm Mr. Perfect Perfect - I can document myself how $ex and violence in the media really shaped my fleshly attitudes for quite a while.

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2012, 06:09:46 am »

That is a shame, yet most modern churches endorse things like "Twilight", "Hunger Games", "Degrassi", modern-day rock music,.
Report Spam   Logged

tennis shoe

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2012, 08:38:25 am »

“Can you guys think of one good reason why God shouldn’t wipe this city off the face of the earth?” - Mark Dice, 2007

Mark Dice Visits Hollywood -The source of the sewer pipe spilling into living rooms around the world.

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2012, 08:24:48 am »

Child Friendly Horror Movies – Is There Such a Thing?

They’re coming. Over the next few months, parents are going to see an onslaught of horror based movies that are aimed directly at their children. PARANORMAN, FRANKENWEENIE and HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA, may look like harmless humor horror for the harvest season, but represent more than just the Halloween creep. These movies desensitize our children to even more satanic evil and violence that they will see on the big screen later in life.

Over the past few years, Dr Baehr and the Christian Film & Television Commission® have been making inroads. The transformation of Hollywood towards a more God respecting attitude has been seen in movies like THE BLIND SIDE, THE AVENGERS, PIRATES OF THE CARRIBBEAN 4:  ON STRANGER TIDES, and SOUL SURFER. For a brief moment we were able to see the positive trickledown effect, but with any victory, we must always expect the enemy to launch a counter attack.

Are these so called “kid-friendly” horror films really that bad for children? Movieguide®, of course, can give you the best source of guidance so you are aware of the theme and content of a movie before you give your children the okay to see it. Even so, telling your child, “No, you can’t see that movie,” is never easy. For the culture-wise family, this new string of movies about to flood our theaters can sound like the drums of war.

Let’s face it. Monsters are cool. People love them. Who will ever forget the Star Wars cantina scene or the orcs from LORD OF THE RINGS? Pixar’s MONSTERS INC. is a fine example of a wholesome, kid-friendly monster movie, not because of the fear factor, but because of the “fear not” message.

The message is the deciding factor that makes or breaks any movie. Horror films are no exception, but for a horror film intended for the especially young, it’s more than just entertainment, it’s crucial to developing a child’s worldview.

A monster movie with a poor moral message may not only frighten and depress young viewers, but it might plant a seed of curiosity that grows into a fascination with the occult. Still sound harmless? People involved in the occult are more likely to be sexually promiscuous, contract STDs, abuse drug and alcohol, have affairs outside of marriage or a committed relationship, have a harder time raising their children, and have children who follow their practices by taking them “to the next level.” If we don’t redeem the media, these people may not be your children, but they’ll be your future neighbors whom you will be called by God to love.

Finally, there is a direct correlation between horror movies and depression. We get to a point where scary movies aren’t that scary anymore but that doesn’t mean they don’t affect us. Learning about special effects changed the way I looked at movies. Suddenly, horror wasn’t so horrifying anymore. Even though I wasn’t afraid anymore, I still couldn’t overcome the nihilistic depression those movies could cause. Thankfully, I knew I had a relationship with Jesus Christ. Because of Him, I knew there was more to living than just dying and that the horrible spiritual battle I was seeing had already been won. Many young people are not as fortunate.

Viewers ages of 12 to 25 (and older) are drawn to horror films. The world is a scary place and many feel that, if they can sit through the darkest, scariest movie they can find, they will be strong enough to handle the world they will one day have to face. Imagine what this can do to a child’s worldview. They feel the need to get hard, get bad, and get tough. Goodness and compassion are for the weak. That this worldview is now being thrust upon children even younger than 12 is more horrifying than any movie could ever hope to be.

We must pray for the redemption of the media and cast our votes at the box office. Until then, may I suggest snuggling up at home with some good DVDs.

http://www.movieguide.org/articles/main/child-friendly-horror-movies-is-there-such-a-thing.html?utm
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2012, 09:27:50 am »

Child Friendly Horror Movies – Is There Such a Thing?

They’re coming. Over the next few months, parents are going to see an onslaught of horror based movies that are aimed directly at their children. PARANORMAN, FRANKENWEENIE and HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA, may look like harmless humor horror for the harvest season, but represent more than just the Halloween creep. These movies desensitize our children to even more satanic evil and violence that they will see on the big screen later in life.

Over the past few years, Dr Baehr and the Christian Film & Television Commission® have been making inroads. The transformation of Hollywood towards a more God respecting attitude has been seen in movies like THE BLIND SIDE, THE AVENGERS, PIRATES OF THE CARRIBBEAN 4:  ON STRANGER TIDES, and SOUL SURFER. For a brief moment we were able to see the positive trickledown effect, but with any victory, we must always expect the enemy to launch a counter attack.

OK, stop right here...The Avengers is a CHRISTIAN MOVIE? Huh Did this Christian ministry even bother to read the first couple of verses in Genesis 6 about the Nephelim? Pirates of the Carribbean 4 a Christian movie? Huh I saw this movie last year - it was yet another movie that promoted the Nephelim and witchcraft in a positive light.

As for the rest of the article(having just merely skimmed through it) - remember after Columbine when all of the controversy and outrage was over violence in entertainment. With all the controversy being debated in the MSM et al b/w April 1999 and 9/11/01(and then went away after 9/11 happened), slowly but surely alot of these witchcraft "supernatural" movies started getting popular under everyone's noses. "The Sixth Sense" in Aug 1999 was I believe the first that really got the ball rolling - it was about a young boy who had an ability to see dead people, and it became one of the biggest all-time sleeper hits(ie-no buzz before its release). And of course other stuff like "Harry Potter" followed.

The culture in the 80's wasn't very good, but at the time at least parents had decency to discern good and evil in entertainment. At the time, foul-mouthed Eddie Murphy flicks were the most concerning - the products they put out now are FAR worse, to be frank. But en yet parents today have no qualms with them.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2012, 03:49:01 pm »

And just who is behind all these type movies and tv shows that feature ghosts and witches and all kinds of evil?

ABC and Disney
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2012, 05:28:59 am »

The Blasphemous 'New Normal' Christianity

NBC's sitcom "The New Normal" isn't just trying to remake society for the Gay Left. It's trying to remake Christianity, which is to say, destroy it. For its October 22 episode, "The Godparent Trap," NBC ran promos with the gay character Brian in the confessional, and the priest sneering, "If you're not going to take this seriously, I'm going to go back to playing Angry Birds." As the plot unfolds, we're told Brian was raised Catholic, and as he sits in a pew and looks around at religious pictures, he cracks gay jokes in his mind. He sees the Apostles: "Twelve dudes sitting around gossiping and drinking wine. You call that the Last Supper? I call that a Tuesday night." He sees a picture of the Blessed Virgin Mary: "Hey, Mary -- I'm a virgin, too. I've also slept in a barn with three wise men." Then he turns to an image of Jesus on the cross, and says, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't be talking trash about your mother. But you know who judges me? Your father."

rest: http://townhall.com/columnists/brentbozell/2012/10/26/the_new_normal_christianity
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2012, 09:48:33 am »

The Blasphemous 'New Normal' Christianity

NBC's sitcom "The New Normal" isn't just trying to remake society for the Gay Left. It's trying to remake Christianity, which is to say, destroy it. For its October 22 episode, "The Godparent Trap," NBC ran promos with the gay character Brian in the confessional, and the priest sneering, "If you're not going to take this seriously, I'm going to go back to playing Angry Birds." As the plot unfolds, we're told Brian was raised Catholic, and as he sits in a pew and looks around at religious pictures, he cracks gay jokes in his mind. He sees the Apostles: "Twelve dudes sitting around gossiping and drinking wine. You call that the Last Supper? I call that a Tuesday night." He sees a picture of the Blessed Virgin Mary: "Hey, Mary -- I'm a virgin, too. I've also slept in a barn with three wise men." Then he turns to an image of Jesus on the cross, and says, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't be talking trash about your mother. But you know who judges me? Your father."

rest: http://townhall.com/columnists/brentbozell/2012/10/26/the_new_normal_christianity

I watch mostly football, baseball, and basketball - but nonetheless during the breaks ads for these blasphemous tv shows air quite a bit. Yeah, if you're a true born again believer, it should really disgust you.

It's also no different from pastors on the pulpits nowdays - every now and then they would bring Catholicism in a positive light, and make light-hearted humor out of it(while keeping the RCC in a good light), but en yet you hear alot of the pews laugh at it.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2013, 09:51:01 am »

Not saying violent entertainment caused this man to commit this horrific crime, but at the same time you can't deny all of the violent and horrific programming is playing a big affect on the masses over the long haul. I don't recall these kinds of crimes(on a rather regular basis, that is) when I was a young boy in the 80's.

Yeah, they had violent programming increasing in the 80's, but it takes time for the seeds sown to reap...

Gal 6:7  Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
Gal 6:8  For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/07/16394306-san-francisco-woman-set-on-fire-by-her-boyfriend-police-say?lite

1/7/13

San Francisco woman set on fire by her boyfriend, police say

By Daniel Arkin, NBC News

A San Francisco woman in her 20s was hospitalized with life-threatening burns Sunday after her boyfriend allegedly doused her with a flammable liquid and set her on fire, police said.

Officers responded to reports of a woman screaming at 12:17 p.m. in the city's Bayview District, according to police spokesman Officer Carlos Manfredi. The woman, whose identity has not been disclosed by police, was rushed to the burn unit of a local hospital in critical condition.

"Most of her face is burnt," the victim's sister, Precious Craig, told KGO-TV in San Francisco. "Just a little bit of hair is still there, but most of her face is burned."

The woman took off her clothes and managed to put out the fire immediately after the attack, but police said she nonetheless sustained serious injuries, NBC Bay Area reported.

"She took off her shirt and dropped it off there, and then she was running because she got burnt because of the shirt," an anonymous witness told KGO-TV.

Los Angeles man charged with setting homeless woman on fire

Police are searching for the suspected attacker, identified as 22-year-old Dexter Oliver. Oliver is thought to be romantically linked to the woman, according to The Associated Press. Police do not know what prompted the attack.

Oliver is sought on suspicion of attempted murder and arson.

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2013, 10:18:02 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2013, 01:31:16 pm »

Speaking of the entertainment media's effect on children, here's one news item recently that comes to mind...it's as if kids of today have no fear nor discernment over playing around with these heavy dangers. Yes, it was somewhat true in my days as a boy in the 80's, but NOT this extreme. Notice too all of the "extreme" entertainment shows there have been since the turn of the century.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Teen-dies-playing-chicken-with-train-4429851.php
Teen dies playing chicken with train
Vivian Ho
Updated 8:31 pm, Friday, April 12, 2013

Austin Price was a sweet and caring 15-year-old boy, the type who was quick to pay compliments and always asking how others were faring, his friends said.

He was the kind of boy who liked to make people laugh, who would be late for class because he was picking up a friend.

In short, Austin Price was the type of boy who would have been comforting his friends and classmates at San Lorenzo High School on Friday - had it not been for him that they grieved.

The Hayward youth was struck and killed by a northbound Capitol Corridor train when he failed to leap out of its way in time while playing a game of chicken with two other boys on the tracks near his school about 6 p.m. Thursday, police said.

The two other teens weren't hurt, said Alameda County sheriff's Deputy April Luckett.

Many at the San Lorenzo school said the entire community walks near the train tracks, but students in particular hang around them often - and Principal Tovi Scruggs said that is a constant worry. Signs on the fence separating the tracks and the school warn students not to tread too close: "It's trespassing," they read. "It's dangerous. It isn't worth it."

"It's an ongoing concern," the principal said. "Tragedies don't happen frequently, but we know the tracks are not staying empty."

Many boys play chicken
Boys at the school frequently played chicken with trains, according to Olympia Pereira, 16, a friend of Austin's since sixth grade. "They played all the time," she said. "It was just a game."

"People won't be by the tracks anymore," 16-year-old Tania Montes added softly. Tania said she had been good friends with Austin since fifth grade.

All day long Friday, a solemn air hung over the campus and its 1,500 students. Girls carried tissue boxes around campus, their eyes red and dazed. A large sign hung in the main courtyard reading, "Austin, we'll miss you." Teachers displayed photos of Austin, who was a sophomore.

The school held several moments of silence in Austin's honor, and grief counselors were on hand to offer support.

"He was a good person - one of those good people you come across every day," Olympia said. "He genuinely cared."

Olympia, Tania and a group of friends gathered on a bench at the school Friday, laughing quietly at their memories of Austin. They said he dressed as if he didn't care what people thought of him, but he was always shaking out the shoulder-length hair he had been growing out since last year, friends said.

Had Austin been there Friday, he would have been late for class, his friends said, because he would be swinging by Tania's home to walk with her to school. He'd be wearing a hat and sagging shorts and "telling people they were beautiful," said friend Tijara Francis, 15.

'Life is precious'
Tijara said Austin's sudden death made her look at her life a little differently.

"It makes me feel like I take life for granted, that I'm wasting time," she said. "I don't want to do that anymore."

Principal Scruggs echoed that sentiment as she walked back onto campus after speaking with Austin's family Friday.

"Life is precious," she said.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Teen-dies-playing-chicken-with-train-4429851.php#ixzz2QMwsZOBg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matthew 12:33  Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.
Mat 12:34  O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
Mat 12:35  A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
Report Spam   Logged
Kilika
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2013, 03:09:12 pm »

Yeah, typical reaction when somebody dies. "Oh, they were so nice...boo hoo!"

Jesus says, "let the dead bury their dead..."
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2013, 10:15:49 pm »

Speaking of the entertainment media's effect on children, here's one news item recently that comes to mind...it's as if kids of today have no fear nor discernment over playing around with these heavy dangers. Yes, it was somewhat true in my days as a boy in the 80's, but NOT this extreme. Notice too all of the "extreme" entertainment shows there have been since the turn of the century.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Teen-dies-playing-chicken-with-train-4429851.php
Teen dies playing chicken with train

Was reading about this just now, and apparently, believe it or not, playing chicken with the train is growing in popularity among teens. Have no idea why, as it's a very dangerous "game". The earlier "playing chicken" games have also been popularized in movies since the 50's.

Anyhow - saw this on wiki - apparently, the game of "playing chicken" is rooted in that whole Hegelian Dialectic/"good" vs "evil"/one side vs another "conflicts", etc that we've seen in world events all of our lives(ie-Republican vs Democrat and USA vs USSR).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_(game)
The game of chicken, also known as the hawk-dove game or snow-drift game, is an influential model of conflict for two players in game theory. The principle of the game is that while each player prefers not to yield to the other, the worst possible outcome occurs when both players do not yield.

The name "chicken" has its origins in a game in which two drivers drive towards each other on a collision course: one must swerve, or both may die in the crash, but if one driver swerves and the other does not, the one who swerved will be called a "chicken," meaning a coward; this terminology is most prevalent in political science and economics. The name "Hawk-Dove" refers to a situation in which there is a competition for a shared resource and the contestants can choose either conciliation or conflict; this terminology is most commonly used in biology and evolutionary game theory. From a game-theoretic point of view, "chicken" and "hawk-dove" are identical; the different names stem from parallel development of the basic principles in different research areas.[1] The game has also been used to describe the mutual assured destruction of nuclear warfare, especially the sort of brinkmanship involved in the Cuban Missile Crisis.[2]

----------------------------------------------------------

The phrase game of chicken is also used as a metaphor for a situation where two parties engage in a showdown where they have nothing to gain, and only pride stops them from backing down. Bertrand Russell famously compared the game of Chicken to nuclear brinkmanship

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rom 12:2  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2014, 11:39:50 am »

Another Hollywood Thriller About Christian Terrorists in New York City

Once upon a time US political leaders could at least identify the enemies of the United States. And, once upon a time, Hollywood could make movies about the enemies of the United States and the free world.

But those days are gone. Today US political leaders believe there are no enemies, no war – just “overseas contingency operations” and “man-caused disasters.”

And, Hollywood is just as delusional. The California cowards are afraid to link Islam and terror and afraid to portray the horrors of fanatical Islamists who declared war on America over a decade ago.

Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit is latest example of Hollywood cowardice.

The movie starts out with scenes from a London campus on 9-11-2001. Yet, Hollywood chose not to show the actual towers crumbling to the ground. That would be too offensive – to Muslims. Instead any actual footage of the attack were left to the imagination.

Then, as the movie develops you discover the enemies who are set on blowing up New York City are Christians from Russia who get their orders from the local Orthodox priest in Deerborn, Michigan. Got that?

Anyway – Jack Ryan is able to stop the young church-going Christian before he was able to blow up Wall Street. Jack Ryan saves the day. Thank you, Jack Ryan. The US is once again safe from the dreaded Christian terrorists. You really must see this to believe it. You just can’t make this stuff up. We are living in a very non-serious time with very serious enemies. Someone needs to tell Hollywood that the Christians aren’t the ones plotting and scheming to blow up Wall Street.

Maybe someday Hollywood will wake up. We can hope.

http://www.trunews.com/follies-jack-ryan-another-hollywood-thriller-christian-terrorists-new-york-city/
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2014, 12:38:56 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2014, 02:18:25 pm »

Like I was mentioning in another thread - not only are the Gnostics' fingerprints on these Hollywood products(as these films talk about), but ultimately they are able to pull off their deceptions craftily b/c of the way they are able to edit and splice their visuals.

Now fast-forward to our present day - technology has gone onto a much higher level now for them to use.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2014, 02:52:21 pm »

Uhm, this goes VERY contrary to scripture - and to boot, if you're a born again believer, you better not get near Hellywood with a 10 foot pole!

http://news.yahoo.com/biblical-blockbuster-circuit-094500166--politics.html
4/2/14
Why Christians Now Rule Hollywood

When last weekend’s box office numbers were revealed one superstar came out on top. It wasn’t Denzel Washington, Robert Downey, Jr. or any of the other usual names from Hollywood’s A-list. In fact, this A-lister did not even appear in any film credits at all, but may have just become Hollywood’s hottest commodity. The new power player: God, or more specifically God and his many Christian followers. For the first time, two Christian themed films appeared in two of the top box office slots.

Russell Crowe’s Noah, inspired by the Bible story, was number one raking in a hefty $44 million. It’s box office dominance inspired a flood (no pun intended) of pun-ny headlines, among them “Noah Floats, Sabotage Drowns” from Forbes. But what’s more shocking to Hollywood insiders is the appearance of God’s Not Dead on the box office power list. The fifth most popular film in America for the second week in a row tells the story of a Christian college student locked in a battle of wills against a professor who is an atheist. Despite a tiny budget and it’s lack of marquee stars (TV actors Kevin Sorbo and Dean Cain appear) the film has pulled in more than $20 million at the box office so far.

But the two movies are not the only ones establishing Christian themed films, and the people who see them, as a major Hollywood force to be reckoned with. Last month, Son of God surpassed box office expectations. Heaven is for Real, a film based on the bestselling book, will soon be released, and expectations are high.

**Uhm...this movie is NOT Christian - saw the trailer for it at the movies in January, and saw it a couple of times on tv recently - it centers around LOST people who's young son (supposedly)goes to heaven and sees his LOST grandfather(among other things) after having a near-death experience.

“It feels like we’re in a special moment that has never happened before in Hollywood where you have this many faith-based movies being released by not just independent filmmakers but now the big studios,” said Paul Lauer, founder and CEO of Motive Entertainment, the leading film marketing firm for reaching Christian audiences. “This Holy Week there will be four major feature films in theaters at the same time and that’s unprecedented.”

Lauer launched his firm a little over a decade ago with a plan to focus on targeting underserved religious audiences, unchartered territory at the time. Months after opening he was introduced to Mel Gibson who told him about a faith-inspired film he wanted to release. That film became the mega-hit Passion of the Christ. Motive Entertainment led the groundbreaking grassroots marketing campaign targeting Christians through churches and other non-traditional marketing venues that helped make Passion of the Christ, an independent film, one of the most successful films of all time.

But even after its success, films about faith did not become ubiquitous the way many genres do after one film succeeds. According to Scott A. Shuford, founder of FrontGate Media, a firm specializing in reaching Christian audiences online, Hollywood was slow to recognize the power and scope of Christian consumers. “I think at first Hollywood business people got confused between a religion and a market.” Shuford, whose firm was one of those involved in the marketing of Noah, went on to explain that while Hollywood has been serving African Americans and Latinos as distinct markets with distinct interests, they struggled to see Christians the same way and as a result didn’t invest resources in that community. As such, “The Passion of the Christ was initially treated as a fluke.”

But that is finally changing due to the sheer box office numbers of Christian themed films. “We’re seeing some of the best film product right now being targeted to this audience,” he said.

**Be ye not deceived - there's NO end times "revival"!

Calling 2014 a “banner year” for faith-based films, Paul Lauer predicted, “As each of these films achieves a measure of success I think more and more filmmakers and studios and distributors and financiers and actors and directors and everybody will say ‘this could be a rewarding area to get into’.” But Lauer, whose firm also led grassroots campaigns for the films Chronicles of Narnia and Son of God, speculated that the success of this year’s faith-based films could have implications in Hollywood beyond the box office. “I think the other thing that will happen [is] there are people of faith all throughout Hollywood who already work in studios as directors and producers and writers and many of them are excited about working on movies like this now that it’s OK to do so,” he said. “It’s almost like we’re having a coming out of the closet for people of faith in the community. And as that happens we’ll get [an] even more organic growth of faith-based and inspirational movies coming from people that are already embedded in the system, like Mark and Roma.”

Huh You mean for years and years, Christians have been ashamed about sharing their faith, and it had to take HELLYWOOD MOVIES to convince them otherwise now?

1Peter 3:15  But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

He was referring to reality TV mogul Mark Burnett, the super producer of Survivor, among other shows, and his wife Touched by an Angel actress Roma Downey. They produced last year’s hit television mini series on The Bible.

But whether Christian stories gaining ground in Hollywood is a good thing for Christians, may ultimately depend on who is telling the stories. The film Noah, directed by Darren Aronofsky, has sparked a great deal of controversy from allegations that say it strays too far from Biblical text, to criticisms it omits the word God from the story altogether. (The word “creator” is used.) One Christian unhappy with the film has posted his own version online. Penny Nance, President of the Christian conservative women’s group, Concerned Women for America said in an email “Beginning with “The Passion of the Christ”, Hollywood recognized that there is a Christian market that can be extremely profitable, and we’re happy about that. Unfortunately, their enthusiasm for our money doesn’t always match their enthusiasm for our message. However, family friendly content that creates an opportunity for conversation is always a positive thing.”

For his part, Noah star Russell Crowe dismissed criticism of the film as overreaction and more specifically “absolute stupidity.”

Asked if the success of Noah and God’s Not Dead this week officially answers the question of whether there is a strong market for Christian themed Hollywood fare, Scott Shuford had this to say.  “There isn’t any question whether there is a market. The question [to Hollywood] is do you want to be a part of it?

**In the 80's, the big market was "nerdy boy goes after pretty girl and gets her". In the 90's, the big market was sex and violence. And now since the turn of the 21st century? Apostate churched themed movies?

Check - 1Timothy 4:1  Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2014, 12:50:00 pm »

This is a very good sermon(preached from a non-501c3 church to boot) - pretty much, these (controlled-opposition)"family-groups" play a lot of misdirection with everyone - they would go over-board exposing fornication and violence through and through(even using tragedies like Columbine to do this), but en yet they never say a word about these so-called "family-friend"/"pro-moral" entertainment products like Michael Landon, Hallmark, etc. And not to mention too all of these "Christian" entertainment products they will end up promoting through and through.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: