End Times and Current Events
March 28, 2024, 11:09:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 (KJB)

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Hollywood's War On God

Shoutbox
March 27, 2024, 12:55:24 pm Mark says: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.
December 31, 2022, 10:08:58 am NilsFor1611 says: blessings
August 08, 2018, 02:38:10 am suzytr says: Hello, any good churches in the Sacto, CA area, also looking in Reno NV, thanks in advance and God Bless you Smiley
January 29, 2018, 01:21:57 am Christian40 says: It will be interesting to see what happens this year Israel being 70 years as a modern nation may 14 2018
October 17, 2017, 01:25:20 am Christian40 says: It is good to type Mark is here again!  Smiley
October 16, 2017, 03:28:18 am Christian40 says: anyone else thinking that time is accelerating now? it seems im doing days in shorter time now is time being affected in some way?
September 24, 2017, 10:45:16 pm Psalm 51:17 says: The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
September 20, 2017, 04:32:32 am Christian40 says: "The most popular Hepatitis B vaccine is nothing short of a witch’s brew including aluminum, formaldehyde, yeast, amino acids, and soy. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin that destroys cellular metabolism and function. Hundreds of studies link to the ravaging effects of aluminum. The other proteins and formaldehyde serve to activate the immune system and open up the blood-brain barrier. This is NOT a good thing."
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-11-new-fda-approved-hepatitis-b-vaccine-found-to-increase-heart-attack-risk-by-700.html
September 19, 2017, 03:59:21 am Christian40 says: bbc international did a video about there street preaching they are good witnesses
September 14, 2017, 08:06:04 am Psalm 51:17 says: bro Mark Hunter on YT has some good, edifying stuff too.
View Shout History
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hollywood's War On God  (Read 13362 times)
Psalm 51:17
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2016, 05:08:48 pm »

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/weekend-box-office-deadpool-dominates-231557973.html

Deadpool was still tearing up the box office this weekend, earning $55 million in its second weekend of release, with everything else playing for second place. Well, third place, actually, since Kung Fu Panda 3 landed at number two. This was actually an interesting weekend, one that saw the release of a film about “the manhunt” for Jesus, a horror movie for history majors that was endorsed by the Satanic Temple, and a sort of utilitarian Jesse Owens biopic. Of the three, perhaps not surprisingly, it was Jesus that came out on top.

Risen earned an estimated $11.8 million in domestic box office, just shy of half the opening of Exodus: Gods And Kings, which cost $140 million to make. Risen cost just $20 million. It also received an A- Cinemascore and was, I thought, reasonably decent. At the very least, it’s expanding the possibilities of what “faith-based” film can be in the modern era.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2016, 12:19:50 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2016, 06:18:53 pm »

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/show-like-story-of-god-are-designed-to-steal-your-faith-not-strengthen-it/

Shows Like ‘The Story Of God’ Are Designed To Steal Your Faith, Not Strengthen It

The National Geographic people are hopeful that it's lush series with super-high production values was just slick enough to cause you to start to doubt the 'narrow way' of the Bible. Jesus did not say that He was a way among many, He said that He is the ONLY way for salvation, and the ONLY way to Heaven. He also says that anyone else claiming any other way is a thief and a robber. How ya like them apples?

4/7/16

I had a strong feeling that someone was going to offer me the part of God. I was totally prepared to say, ‘Thanks but no thanks,’ unless it was a comedy.

“And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.” 2 Thessalonians 2:10-12 (KJV)

Last weekend, National Geographic released it very slickly-produced new miniseries called ‘The Story of God‘, featuring the velvety baritone narration of Morgan Freeman. In the first 3 seconds of the trailer, Morgan Freeman looks convincingly into the camera and declares “I have always been fascinated by God”. Only one problem, Morgan Freeman is a rock-ribbed atheist with no belief in any god, much less the actual God of the Bible.

In fact, during a July 6, 2012 interview with Fox, Freeman said that he in fact is a god. Here is how it went:

Fox411: Do you think there is a God?

MF: Do I think there’s a God? Um (pause) yeah.

Fox411: You paused.

MF: I paused because I am God.

Fox411: Because every man is created in God’s image.

MF: Yes or God’s created in my image.

Fox411: You played God in ‘Bruce Almighty.’ What was that experience like?

MF: I always knew that someone was going to come at me with a script to play God. It’s just one of those things, the way your career is unfolding and all the talk about gravitas etc etc, so I had a strong feeling that someone was going to offer me the part of God. I was totally prepared to say, ‘Thanks but no thanks,’ unless it was a comedy.

So National Geographic wants you to ‘take a journey’ with Morgan Freeman, an atheist who believes that he is a god, and travel around the world to see how mostly pagans and other atheists worship rocks and trees and the universe. And, oh yeah, along the way the Bible and Jesus Christ are reduced to just another way in an endless series of ways, all of which are valid to the person experiencing them.

“Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” John 14:5,6 (KJV)

What is the end result of watching a pile of trash like this? Well, the National Geographic people are hopeful that it’s lush series with super-high production values was just slick enough to cause you to start to doubt the ‘narrow way’ of the Bible. Jesus did not say that He was a way among many, He said that He is the ONLY way for salvation, and the ONLY way to Heaven. He also says that anyone else claiming any other way is a thief and a robber. How ya like them apples?

Morgan Freeman is an excellent actor, and because of his maturity and experience conveys a high level of believability and likeability. People tend to take what he says seriously, which is exactly why he, an atheist, was cast in a documentary about the God he denies even exists.

“Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.” John 10:7,8 (KJV)

Our advice to Bible believers is to invite some lost people over to your house to watch this series, and when the show is over, open a Bible and let them meet the real God, and have a chance to be saved. We who are saved are called to be witnesses, make the most of this great opportunity to do just that.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2016, 05:03:24 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2016, 11:33:36 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2016, 11:07:27 pm »

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/frozen-star-idina-menzel-says-time-make-elsa-lesbian-give-girlfriend/
5/24/16

‘Frozen’ Star Idina Menzel Says It’s Time To Make Elsa A Lesbian And Give Her A Girlfriend

Idina Menzel is all about Elsa, no matter who she loves. "I think it's great," she told ET on Sunday of the online campaign. "Disney's just gotta contend with that. I'll let them figure that out."
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2016, 09:00:32 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

What can you do for Jesus?  Learn what 1 person can accomplish.

The Man from George Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjMvPhLrn8
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2016, 10:12:20 pm »

I saw in my paper the movie came out today - I saw the trailer for it when I went to the movies with family last Dec - to say the least, it was incredibly vexing to watch. Even the 2 minute clip was pushing Jesus Christ-hating.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2016, 10:40:48 pm »

That sounds like Keith Thompson speaking? He doesn't use the King James Bible - however, I do have his "Age of Aquarius" DVD from 6 years ago (where Scott Johnson, among others like Constance Cumbey, Chris White, etc were interviewed). I thought that was quite good.
Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2016, 12:01:27 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2016, 07:39:43 pm »

Mention the Name Jesus in Hollywood and All Hell Breaks Loose

The Barna Group recently conducted a survey of Republicans and Democrats asking them whether Hollywood is biased against Christianity. It found that 32 percent of Republicans, and 5 percent of Democrats, believe that Hollywood generally portrays Christianity in a negative way.

We know from other surveys that Republicans are much more likely to attend religious services on a regular basis than Democrats, and that the latter are home to most agnostics, atheists and the unaffiliated. It therefore does not surprise to learn that Democrats are more inclined not to see Hollywood's portrayal of Christianity in a negative light; such depictions are more likely to be seen as accurate representations.

The anti-Christian bias is not new to Hollywood. Over a decade ago, actress Jennifer O'Neill remarked that "If you mention the name Jesus Christ in Hollywood, all hell breaks loose." Right about that time, Mel Gibson validated her observation when he tried to find a studio for "The Passion of the Christ."

In 1997, John Dart wrote for the Los Angeles Times that "Hollywood and organized religion have regarded each other with deep suspicion, and sometimes open hostility, since the days of the flickering silents." But it never got really bad until the 1980s, and while things have turned around somewhat, it is no credit to the big Hollywood studios that they have.

"Frustrated with Hollywood, which shied away from making films with spiritual themes or religious characters," wrote Andre Chautard for the Los Angeles Times in 2002, "a handful of independent producers are striking out on their own to make Christian-themed films to entertain more than preach."

Hollywood should start treating Christians the way it treats gays. But then the moguls would have to suffer blowback from some in their own party.

http://www.charismanews.com/culture/58799-mention-the-name-jesus-in-hollywood-and-all-hell-breaks-loose
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2016, 07:01:13 am »

Published on Aug 9, 2016
When mysterious spacecrafts touch down across the globe, an elite team - lead by expert linguist Louise Banks (Amy Adams) - is brought together to investigate. As mankind teeters on the verge of global war, Banks and the team race against time for answers – and to find them, she will take a chance that could threaten her life, and quite possibly humanity. In theatres Nov 11, 2016

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2016, 08:31:07 am »

« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 05:13:02 pm by Isaiah 55:1 » Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2016, 11:10:47 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2016, 06:32:49 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 27, 2016, 04:04:31 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2017, 03:40:16 pm »

“I believe that entertainment and amusements are the work of the Enemy to keep dying men from knowing they're dying; and to keep enemies of God from remembering that they're enemies.”
― A.W. Tozer
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 08, 2017, 02:53:38 pm »

New Sitcom 'Living Biblically' Promises to Be Anything but Holy

CBS has ordered a new pilot called Living Quoranically. It's about a "modern-day man who, at a crossroads in his life, decides to live life according to" the Quran. The comedy will revolve around the main character's bumbling attempts to get his mother and sister to don burqas and convinces himself that Jewish acquaintances are apes. The jokes just write themselves.

Except, of course, that there is no sitcom pilot about living strictly by the Quran. That would take courage to buck political correctness (not to mention angering people with a penchant for beheadings). The pilot is actually called Living Biblically, and it stars Johnny Galecki from TV's longest–running sex joke, The Big Bang Theory. The holy book of Jews and Christians as a source of comedy? What could go wrong?

The Hollywood Reporter says the pilot is part of a new trend in TV. Somebody in Hollywood noticed a strange species—one that resides outside gluten-free hipster enclaves.

Living Biblically arrives as broadcast networks have been reevaluating their programming this pilot season. Dramas and comedies that appeal to the heartland—i.e. parts of Trump America that may have been underserved on the small screen—have been among this season's hottest trends. Of those pickups, military dramas (and comedies) have been hot as well as religious programming. ABC has drama The Gospel of Kevin, which follows a down-on-his-luck guy who is tasked by God with a mission to save the world, and NBC has drama For God and Country, which explores personal sacrifices of the members of the military.

Sounds good, but it's hard to create content for people you didn't know existed before Nov. 9. Their language and primitive culture and beliefs (including the sky God their Bible thingy is always on about) are completely foreign. Authenticity may be hard to achieve.

But in the end, that doesn't matter. Hollywood knows its audience—Hollywood. And if you tick off some Christians, well, what are they gonna do?

http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/62890-new-sitcom-living-biblically-promises-to-be-anything-but-holy
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2017, 04:19:07 pm »

“Many people are caught up with the toys of contemporary society. Because of great advancements in our culture, some have cultivated an attitude of “comfortability.” They may be going to hell, but it is going to be a comfortable ride for them.”
― A.W. Tozer, And He Dwelt Among Us: Teachings from the Gospel of John
Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2017, 08:03:10 pm »

'The Real O'Neals' Declares God Is a Woman Who Looks Like Bea Arthur
Sodomites use Bea Arthur a lot, so do abortionists

This week, ABC's Disney, anyone surprised? The Real O'Neals focused on the often-overlooked Catholic sacrament of confirmation. As Kenny (Noah Galvin) states, it's an act that "strengthens our bond with the church." Sounds like a nice little episode, right? Nope! That connection with the church apparently extends to seeing God as whatever you want, even a woman. Yeah, nobody shows the bond to the Catholic Church more strongly than The Real O'Neals.

In the Feb. 21 episode, "The Real Confirmation," Shannon (Bebe Wood) prepares for her confirmation with her replacement godfather V.P. Murray (Matt Oberg), which is already a bad story if you think about it, but it gets worse. You see, her problem arises when the priest won't let her post her confirmation essay after refusing to change her topic of God being a woman. Here is her summary.

Shannon: So ...

Murray: Aah!

Shannon: ... Here's why I called you to your office.

Murray: You've reconsidered. You don't want me to be your godfather. That's a wise choice.

Shannon: No, you're still in. Sit.

Murray: Hmm.

Shannon: Here's the deal—Everyone getting confirmed has to write an essay about their spiritual journey, but Father Phil refuses to approve mine.

Murray: Too many cuss words? Did you go blue?

advertisement

Shannon: No. I refer to God as female. I always had a hard time relating to a higher power until I realized "He" can be a "She." And I wanted other people to know they could see God however they want, too, but Father Phil doesn't think that's kosher, and he won't confirm me unless I change every "She" to a "He."

Murray: So, you need to borrow some wite-out? [sic] Because I have many shades.

Shannon: No. I'm not changing anything. This is my confirmation, and it has to mean something to me. That is why I need you. ... To talk to Father Phil.

Murray: Me?

Shannon: You have pull with him, right?

Murray: Push. Pull. I mean, who's to say what we have. Words cannot really describe our relationship.

Shannon: Then go talk to him and change his mind. You can do it. I believe in you, Godfather. Don't be a Fredo.

Murray: What happens to Fredo?

What does her supposed godfather Murray think about Shannon's view? He agrees, of course! I guess it's just better and easier to agree with the argument of God the Father being "a woman sitting at a typewriter wearing an A-line skirt and sensible boots," who "looked a lot or exactly like Bea Arthur." After all, who is he to help her understand how she should view God? Except, you know—her godfather.

Really, does anyone on this show have time for another option? Or at least a sensible one? Anyone?

http://www.charismanews.com/culture/63211-the-real-o-neals-declares-god-is-a-woman-who-looks-like-bea-arthur
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2017, 05:12:25 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2017, 07:37:41 pm »

‘Beauty and the Beast’ Star Emma Watson Donates Money From Advice Booth to Planned Parenthood

“Beauty and the Beast” star Emma Watson recently donated proceeds from an advice booth to the abortion and contraceptive giant Planned Parenthood, declaring, “They’re the best.”

Watson, also known for her role as Hermione Granger in the “Harry Potter” films, recently participated in “Vanity Fair’s” video series “Derek Does Stuff With a Friend.”

In the segment, host Derek Blasberg served as a walking advice booth at Grand Central Terminal in New York, where for $2 participants could ask Watson for her thoughts as she interacted live via Skype through Blasberg’s tablet. Questions ranged from how to announce a pregnancy, to relationship advice, to what to do for the day.

At one point, a young male participant praised Watson’s work with the women’s equality campaign “HeForShe” as being “inspiring,” which sparked her to inquire if the teen is a feminist.

“I’m definitely against sexism,” he replied. “I’m definitely against, you know, arranged marriages, and I’m definitely pro-choice.”

“You’re obviously a complete legend and definitely a feminist,” Watson quipped, joking that she wanted to obtain his name and phone number.

At the conclusion of the segment, Blasberg asked Watson what she wanted to do with the money raised from the advice booth.

“It has to go to Planned Parenthood,” Watson instructed. “Planned Parenthood. They’re the best.”

Vanity Fair has noted that the funds were indeed donated to the organization as per Watson’s wishes.

As previously reported, the upcoming live action remake of “Beauty and the Beast”—in which Watson plays the role of Belle—has been making headlines for another reason: its reported “gay moment.”

Director Bill Condon, who is an open homosexual, told the outlet “Attitude” last month that the character LeFou, who serves as the sidekick to Gaston, will have a subplot surrounding his attraction to Gaston. Luke Evans, an open homosexual, was cast as Gaston, and Josh Gad plays LeFou.

“LeFou is somebody who on one day wants to be Gaston and on another day wants to kiss Gaston,” Condon told the publication.

“He’s confused about what he wants. It’s somebody who’s just realizing that he has these feelings,” he continued. “And Josh makes something really subtle and delicious out of it. And that’s what has its payoff at the end, which I don’t want to give away. But it is a nice, exclusively gay moment in a Disney movie.”

The group One Million Moms is currently calling for a boycott of Disney, and has over 58,000 signatures on its pledge as of press time.

http://christiannews.net/2017/03/09/beauty-and-the-beast-star-emma-watson-donates-money-from-advice-booth-to-planned-parenthood/
Report Spam   Logged

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2017, 03:33:02 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 02, 2017, 11:20:09 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 02, 2017, 08:20:54 am »

Just FWIW, I looked up who MIGHT be this higher-level Hollywood actress (that got saved recently whom Bryan was talking about) - the closest and only thing I could find on a search engine was Jennifer Garner (who got divorced recently, and claims to be a Christian), but she's probably not the one.

Anyhow, we will see in the future ahead.

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 18, 2017, 07:07:01 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2017, 04:15:59 pm »

Report Spam   Logged